[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

The Joker sitting around and doing wierd shit - the movie
>>
>>132244324
Sounds like fun.
>>
File: headphones.jpg (15 KB, 354x286)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>132244324
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjY8HvpNu6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjD9X2mPIXY
>>
>>132244324
Burton never has and never will understand what Joker is all about and why he is a well liked character. He just thought Joker was a wacky clown man with a gun.
>>
>>132245428
And yet his version is still one of the best Jokers on film.
>>
>>132245428
What is the Jokers real essence?
>>
>>132244324
The movie, as a narrative, effectively ends when the Joker emerges. Don't get me wrong, I still love it, flaws and all, but it starts off with this narrative momentum, building an interesting story and then grinds to a halt as Jack just mugs and prances and has a blast. Which is of course extremely entertaining, but it has its legs cut out from under it, and then just quickly wraps up with that abysmal church scene.
>>
>>132244324
based
>>
>>132245428
Yes this may surprise you but for majority of the time up until the 90s that's EXACTLY what the Joker was.
>>
>>132245428
wasn't nolan's take basically the same. he just likes creating chaos and being an asshole.
>>
Never rub another man's rhubarb!
>>
>>132245497
It’s the only movie I know of in which a character goes crazy and that’s just it. Now everybody needs to deal with this crazy person.
There are movies that are about crazy people, there are movies that are psychological dramas about the process of going insane, but no movie I know of in which a character just suddenly makes a clean break from sanity and destroys everything
The movie begins by setting up Carl Grissom as the main antagonist, and the protagonists job is to stop his Grissom somehow. Then Grissom crosses Jack, and Jack suddenly murders Grissom, all Grissom’s associates, and starts performing nihilistic acts of destruction against Gotham for the lulz. Smilex and the gas attack, there’s no rhyme or reason to it, he’s literally just trying to hurt and kill as many people as he can
>>
>>132244324
>Ladderbro shits on anything Michael Keaton has been in, as part of his eternal war against DC
>>
SEX
IT’S NOT THAT TYPE OF PARTY
>>
>>132245670
To be fair, Jack was always a nut. He was just willing to keep it hidden around Grissom while biding his time for the day when he could take over. Then he becomes Joker and decides to just brute-force his way to the top.
>>
>>132245497
what are you talking about? Jack goes from being a mobster underling to concocting a plan to kill the whole damn city. He's poisoning people on live TV, then hijacking the broadcast to gloat about it.
Batman has to figure out what's going on and stop it. It tells two origin stories, has a love interest, sets up a supporting cast and paints a perfect picture of Gotham all in a single film.
I don't see how it gets it's legs cut out from under it at all.
>>
>>132245670
Joker's chaos was shown as him practicing his "art". He was obsessed with destruction as an artistic expression. Its way he attacked the museum, why he fucked up his girlfriend's face and so on.
He took pride in his work. He wasn't Ledger's LOL WORLD BURN version.
>>
>>132245428
The movie makes more sense when you realize it’s primarily based on Pre-Crisis Batman. Because post-crisis comics are edgy and the movie is edgy, people think the movie is based on the Post-Crisis comics. It’s not. It’s not an adaptation of the edgy Post-Crisis comics, it’s an edgy adaptation of the Pre-Crisis comics.
The primary inspirations for it are
>Detective Comics #27 - The Case Of The Chemical Syndicate (1939)
>Batman #47 - The Origin Of Batman (1948)
>Detective Comics #168 - The Man Behind The Red Hood! (1951)
>Batman S02E57-E58 - Pop Goes The Joker / Flop Goes The Joker (1967)
>Batman #251 - The Joker’s Five-Way Revenge (1973)
Read those comics and watch those two Adam West episodes, they clearly had more impact on Batman 89 than The Killing Joke or Year One
>>
This board needs an enema!
>>
>>132245428
>Nicholson's Joker tells jokes and laughs about it, no matter how childish or bizarre they are.
>Nicholson's Joker goofs around while also killing people in his particular ways
>Nicholson's Joker is all about stealing the spotlight and getting as many attention as possible

>Burton never has and never will understand what Joker is all about and why he is a well liked character.

Let me guess, you're one of those guys that believe Batman can't exist without The Joker, and you're obsessed with their love/hate relationship, is that right?
>>
>>132245552
Almost the same, but there's a difference. Ledger told people he was an agent of chaos. Nicholson, on the other hand, just prooved it by crashing a museum, killing all it's people, and dancing around their corpses while destroying art pieces.
>>
>>132245428
>Joker was a wacky clown man with a gun.
correct.
>>
File: 1659751402197232.jpg (35 KB, 254x453)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/fEBSx075AKs
>>
>>132245791
Watch more movies? I dunno what to tell you, but the narrative is a mess. It started painting an interesting picture of a city with a network of gangsters and history and the news media that covers it and this shadowy figure living a dual life and the pathos therein, then just suddenly leaves that all behind to shift to an irreverently wacky one man show. A series of sketches.
I understand the succession of events that took place that you recap, but it was extremely poorly executed. Also it's exceedingly generous to claim this movie had a "supporting cast." Or that Batman had to figure out what was going on, that was dashed off and perfunctory at best.
Again, I have a lot of of love for it, as there is a lot to love in it, but it's still deeply flawed.
>>
>>132246088
Go to /tv/ motherfucker, its a comic book film.
>>
>>132246088
Whatever you say Armond. You are literally wrong about everything you just said but you do you.
>>
>>132246088
>I have a lot of of love for it
LOL. Lmao, even.
>>
>>132245670
>these are the people your posting with
>let that sink in
It's a fucking comic book movie Christ
>>
>>132246088
Every notice how it's pretentious zoomies like that have to make up excuse to not like it. Implying they even saw it.
>>
>Batman never does detective work abloo bloo blooo
>Does it in this movie
>Not like that!!!
Will zoomies ever be happy, i swear
>>
>>132245879
You wanna get nuts, /co/?! COME ON! LET'S GET NUTS!
>>
>>132245428
>DUDE YOU COMPLETE ME SO DEEP LMAO
>DUDE BASIC-ASS ORDER VS CHAOS SHIT THAT CAPESHITTERS THINK IS COMPLEX LMAO
I fucking hate nolankiddies.
>>
My mom found it too violent for her. However, she loved Raimi's Spider-man, but for some reason she calls Peter "kid" and "kid face."
>>132245851
Interesting... I'll take a look at these comics.
>>
>>132246290
What? yes it is a comic book movie, nothing in my post indicated it wasn’t one???
>>
File: Batman-1989-featured.jpg (564 KB, 1200x675)
564 KB
564 KB JPG
>>132246428
>>132246339
>>132246314
Zoomers will never understand the hype and love about this movie was seeing a full grown adult man in big black bat suit with bright yellow accents shamelessly doing all sorts of comic book shinanigans, not any of that other pretentious things they think.
>>
>>132246170
>>I have a lot of of love for it
>LOL. Lmao, even.
But I do? I saw it opening day. It was my life for like a year as a kid, and I still rewatch it every couple years. I can go off about how gorgeous the set design is, the matte painting, and how electric Jack's performance is to witness. You can actually criticize things you enjoy, it's part of growing up.

>>132246137
>You are literally wrong about everything you just said but you do you.
Bruh, who was the supporting cast? Knox? He was dropped like a hot potato. And Batman's detective work was nearly non-existent. Batman as a character was an afterthought following the midway mark.
>>
>>132246885
>. And Batman's detective work was nearly non-existent
He figured out who Jack was, he figured out how Joker was poisoning people, he figured out where to confront Joker several times. The fuck you need him to do , find a finger print on a fired bullet?
>>
>>132246602
I never had that kind of a problem with the first movie, but I felt like Returns was too dark when I was a kid.
>>
>>132246956
What if movies aren't about things that happen but how they happen? You can take the shittiest direct to DVD movie and be like,
>"Dude, it's no different than the Maltese Falcon, Eric Roberts met some fat guy then realized he was betrayed over the macguffin or whatever, same shit."
>>
File: l-intro-1651167597.jpg (343 KB, 1600x900)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>Nicholson had what was known as an "off-the-clock" agreement. His contract specified the number of hours he was entitled to have off each day, from the time he left the set to the time he reported back for filming, as well as being off for Los Angeles Lakers home games.
>Nicholson demanded that all of his scenes be shot in a three-week block, but the schedule lapsed into 106 days.
>He reduced his standard $10 million fee to $6 million in exchange for a cut of the film's earnings (including associated merchandise), which led to remuneration in excess of $50 million
>(including associated merchandise)
>(including associated merchandise)
>biographer Marc Eliot reports that Nicholson may have received as much as $90 million.
Jack is an entirely different breed
>>
>>132247115
He also agreed to wear purple clothes as The Joker because, for him, it was like paying homage to Los Angeles Lakers. He is, indeed, a chad.
>>
>>132244324
>>132245428
>>132245497
>>132245552
>>132246767
Zoomers will never understand the transition from the late 80s into the early 90s due to Nolanwank. Believeing they are oh so smart for it.
>>
>>132247115
>>132247165
I envy him, despite being younger than Shatner, looks worse than him but still gets young pussy. A true hero.
>>
>>132247052
>how they happen?
He figured out who The Joker was because he recognized him in the plaza. Then, he studies his policial archives, discovers he has a thing for art and science. Later, the movie SHOWS Batman studying the case of his Smylex poisoning, revealing that he already cracked the solution for it, giving the files to Vicky Vale once she's on the Batcave.

You literally want him to deliver exposition after exposition like Nolan's Batman did? If that's the case, I can see why you have an issue with this movie, since it's more about "show, don't tell" and some slow people won't catch it or understand it that quick (even tho the script is simple as fuck).
>>
>>132246956
>>132247052
He is just another Nolanfapper.
>>
>>132247213
Fuck, take me back. I miss the 80s and early 90s, we were not full of pretentious Zoomers and Nolanfags back then.
>>
>>132245428
Oh Zoomzoom.
>>
Christopher Nolan is the one who ruined cape movies forever.
>>
>>132245552
>>132246050
This. Joker should had always been a thematic mafia boss. Yes chaotic and sadistic but does things for a reason like money. Not lol so randum.
>>
>>132244324
Always the problem. People say "I want to work with superheroes" but it just means "I want to work on Batman." Then, when you really get down to it, they actually mean "I want to make a Joker story."

Capes would be a better medium if The Joker never happened.
>>
>>132246998
>>132246602
I was 9 when I went to see Batman Returns but yeah I was expecting it to be darker.

Spidey 1 is more friendly than the Burton Bat movies. Despite it has people reduced to skelletons and Normal getting impaled.

Spidey 2 is darker to me due to the hospital scene but I feel Otto did not kill those people, but beat them up and scare the shit out of them. Oh now I remember her wife dying horribly with her getting a sharp piece of glass into her eye.
>>
>>132247354
The three Joker movies are pure kino, and they’re the greatest superhero adaptations ever filmed
I hate the Nolan vs Burton thing in general and in this thread. They’re both great, and Joker (2019) is great too
>>
>>132247221
>He is just another Nolanfapper.
>>132247235
>Nolanfag
Absolutely no reason to put words in my mouth, dipshit.
>>
>>132247213
It is exponentially better than Nolan, there's no denying that.
>>
>>132247432
Nah Joker 2019 sucks, get it outta here. It's just a pretentious King of Comedy clone that thinks it's saying something but really says nothing. Everyone got tricked into thinking it was a good movie because the cinematography was nice and Joaquin is a good actor who made the movie's nonsensical plot bearable.
>>
>>132246998

My situation with the old Batman movies was weird. I recall renting and watching Batman Returns plenty as a kid and not being freaked out or thinking it was too dark. Fast forward to me watching Batman and Robin in 97 and I had to turn it off because Bane's creation scene freaked me the fuck out.
>>
>>132247693
>Its not like I love Nolan senpai

Accept it Anon.
>>
>>132248880
Not pretientious, it is a straight out clone that just happens to have The Joker and because of it, it reached a wider audience.
>>
>>132247354
It all started with this one. By Forever, they had Carrey acting as The Joker and Lee Jones copied him out of spite. And finally we are back to 2008 with Nolan Joker.
>>
>>132247432
>I hate the Nolan vs Burton thing in genera
>No console wars please

Oh Zoomzoom

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.