[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: rich-rabbit.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
This may be one of their first reviews of animated stuff, so be sure to SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON
>>
>>131427976
Nice look into the importance of Roger Rabbit's representation of its time period and thought put into practical effects. Eat shit Chip n Dale.
>>
>>131427976
>they watched shitty new Rescue Ranger movie but they didn't new Batman
>>
>>131427976
>Mickey Mouse would never do anything funny.
I cracked at that comment.
>>
File: mpv-shot0004.jpg (90 KB, 1440x1080)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
I want to kill RLM in all-out, no rules, no holds barred combat.
>>
>>131427997
True. The whole film was done as a love letter just before the computer takeover. The temptation to use bad CGI was always there but, they stuck through it. It reeks of desperation and nostalgia in the best way.
>>
>>131427976
>rich evans is a toon
deepest lore
>>
>>131428004
Batman is boring
>>
I know now things are all tennis balls and blue screens but it's wild they had animators running around under a set with pieces of paper during the bar scene. And Charles Fleischer coming to set in his own Roger Rabbit costume screams big cocaine energy from a Laugh Factory regular.
>>
>Rich didn't like Judge Doom, he came off as too cartoonish a villain
>that slow, painful on screen realization
>>
I hate it when they do these for movies I've actually seen, makes them boring
>>
File: zehaha-mugiwara.jpg (214 KB, 900x893)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>131428365
No conventional being can emit those sounds. Jay commented once that even if you mute his track while editing a video you can still hear it, and I believe he was only half joking.
>>
space jam fags in shambles
>>
>>131429409
do diehard space jam fags even exist, I feel like even the nostalgia-baited normies who got genuinely excited for A New Legacy admit the original is not a classic of cinema
>>
>>131429290
kek he’s such a retard
>>
>>131429543
I really liked the first movie as a kid and still believe its a classic of cinema, if nothing else for being the quintessential 90s movie.
>>
>>131429290
that was an intentional deadpan joke anon
>>
>>131429290
that and DIP is just acetone so every pharmacy, nail salon and make-up store is like a toon's minefield
>>
File: SANTA SEES ALL.png (591 KB, 911x681)
591 KB
591 KB PNG
>>131428004
no one needs to see a million bat man movies
>>
>>131429602
>DIP is just acetone
It's a mixture of turpentine, acetone, and benzine. Implying just one alone isn't strong enough to kill a toon.
>>
File: scientist man the jar.png (429 KB, 572x618)
429 KB
429 KB PNG
>>131429602
>I got it all over my crotch
>>
>DIP stands for "digital image production"
>it kills traditionally drawn animation

HOLY SHIT
>>
>>131427976
I am pretty sure they watched that one weird ass christmas animation for Best Of The Worst on the Cannon video.
>>
>>131428365
>>
>>131429543

Watch reactions of the Michael Jordan vs Muhammed Ali Epic Rap Battle of History. Every single one of them, *every one* says something or protests at the Space Jam diss line. People still love the original mah dude.
>>
>>131429776
finally I knew I kept staring at his crotch for a reason. aside from the gazzzzzzzzzzzzzze.
>>
>>131427976
It was a fun episode and it makes me wish they'd review more animated stuff.

Also, Rich Evans confirmed for closet /co/fag. One can only imagine how he's managed to successfully hide his powerlevel from Mike and Jay all these years.
>>
File: josh.png (110 KB, 242x233)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>131427976
*appears in RLM video*
>>
File: 450[1].jpg (26 KB, 360x450)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>131427976
>Mickey would never do something funny.
-Dick the Birthday Boy.
>>
>>131430831
Josh is fine now
>>
File: rlm.jpg (157 KB, 1100x550)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>131430831
He and Jack are the "compromise" members. They work well enough individually in combination with Mike+Jay+Rich but putting them BOTH in an episode makes for the worst ones unless the core members that are also there are in rare form,

Josh can provide occasional worthwhile insight since he's artistically and technically literate enough, but most of the time he's painfully unfunny.
Jack doesn't know shit about anything except maybe vidya nonsense but he can be legitimately funny -specially when compared to Josh- even if his schtick comes off a bit rehearsed.
>>
>>131427976
This is such a good movie
>>
>>131430880
>didn't get invited back for Ellen's final season

why didn't she want to celebrate dick one last time?
>>
>>131430831
he's pretty good with Jay in Re:view
>>
File: 1638139614110.webm (2.79 MB, 940x718)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB WEBM
>>131430392
>>
>>131431256
he said in a video that Ellen reached out to him but after seeing how he looks now she declined the offer because it would depress the whole audience to see what Dick the birthday boy became
>>
>>131430831
I like Josh’s music knowledge, I don’t really care that he often doesn’t even try to make jokes since he helps with contextualizing stuff a lot.
Is a lot of the hate just that he’s more obviously a lefty than the others
>>
>>131427976
Good vid actually.
>>
File: 16_57.png (916 KB, 1349x760)
916 KB
916 KB PNG
>Rich mention "Clarissa explains it all" while Jay correct him it was on Nickelodeon and not Disney Channel
I wouldn't expect Jay of them three to keep such knowledge
>>
>>131431464
jesus that's going back in time
>>
>>131431050
>>131431426
It's a tricky Catch-22. Josh can occasionally contribute to the actual discussion but he siphons away the fun and banter, SPECIALLY when he actually tries to join in. With Jack it's basically the opposite.
>>
>>131431464
Jay being 3 years younger means he was definitely more in the Nick target audience when it was airing. We know Rich probably watches kids’ cartoons so that’s kinda moot but it would at least explain why Jay would know that
But I honestly think this was an example of Rich saying something incorrect on purpose to hide his powerlevel
>>
>>131431464
>>131431484
Just how old are they? They suddenly went from looking in their late 30s to a really bad early 50s
>>
>>131431528
Rich is 44
Mike is 43
Jay is 41
>>
>>131431528
They're all in their forties. Living in the Midwest ages you faster than normal.
>>
>>131431528
IIRC they're all in their mid-40s. Which is weird because I always thought they were in their like early 20s when they started but when you think about it - the Plinkett review of Phantom Menace was... like '08 or '09 and BOTW started in like '11 or '12. So they were basically already in their late 20s early 30s when they started making content.
>>
>>131431521
>Jay being 3 years younger means he was definitely more in the Nick target audience when it was airing
You clearly notice he had pro Looney Tunes and anti Disney vibes in this Re:View. Nick was probably the "main" channel and I cna't blame him becaus Nick was the best from early 90s to mid 2000s.
>>
>>131429750
Those three ingredients are core components of paint thinner
>>
>>131431612
Mike and Rich have been making home movies together since high school and RLM grew out of a local production business (think wedding videos and church stuff). They really started making internet videos when they did because that’s when it started being feasible to distribute and make money on them
>>
>>131427976
>his may be one of their first reviews of animated stuff

keep deluding yourself, retarded. It was only reviewed because it has live action too.
>>
>>131431622
Nick was early days then and they were basically throwing shit at the wall to see what would stick so they could keep a regular output of new content coming. A lot of crap that didn't work was forgotten, but there were a lot of hits that came out of the process.
>>
Were they too harsh on:
Micky because they didn't know about the comics or the new cartoon
The original book
>>
>>131431464
Jay's brain can remember all the indie horror shit in the world, surely it can recall mid/late 90s tv lineups.
>>
>>131431701
it sucks because one of the big takeaways from the review was them reminiscing on how they miss when movies still utilized a lot of practical effects and techniques that made for interesting 'behind the scenes'/'making of' content... they'd probably love the Laika films for that reason, but they'll never watch them because Mike fucking hates animation.
>>
>>131431670
good on them. imagine going to film school to only end up filming weddings.
>>
>>131431709
They were middling at best. Donald has always been the more entertaining of the Disney characters because he was allowed to be genuinely angry and over-the-top and it made for better comedy.
>>
File: 1643258242014.png (377 KB, 640x416)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
>>131431528
>>
>>131431776
imagine going to film school
>>
>>131431749
I enjoy watching RLM but I never got the obsession people have with wanting them to review certain things, it happens with streamers and videogames too.
>>
>>131431709
I hate DIsney and the mouse looks ugly as fuck to me. Looney Tunes any day of the week. At least they have less skeletons in the closet compared to Disney who has been scum for long time.
>>
>>131431701
I can't remember where, but they don't want to review animation becaus it's a field they don't know good enough to do just that.
This review is mostly how this movie was made and what work that went into it soo they were able to integrate the animated stuff into the live action and make it work flawlessly. As they mentioned, there have been more live action with cartoon movies recently and none have topped "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" that came out 3 and a half decade ago.
>>
>>131431809
I don't even know why people would want them to review Batman
>>
>>131431610
you gotta learn to survive edged weapons in Milwaukee. There could be a knife around any corner! A razor blade in any hat! A Claymore in the umbrella stand by the door!
>>
>>131431809
there's two sides to it: The healthy side is "I like (content) and I like (reviewer) and I'm interested in seeing (reviewer)'s take on (content)". The unhealthy side is people who use streamers and review shows as friend-simulators in a creepy stalker way and desperately want them to like shit that they like because it makes them feel connected.
>>
>>131431807
I wonder how many film graduates end up in lesser jobs. Film school is not only going to there to be a director, right?
>>
>Original book is about Eddie being hired to solve Roger's murder by his self-created stunt double who has limited time to exist before dying too
>fuck it dawg we're remaking Chinatown

zemeckis you sly dog
>>
>>131431749
if you consider puppetry animation (and it’s usually considered /co/ material on here) Mike has literally directed an animated feature film
>>
>>131431936
Damn the original plot kinda reminds me of Ghost Trick before the twist
Maybe could've been good
>>
>>131431853
That anon here, it's especiallyweird to me because I watch people like this to feel less lonely too. I'm just a straight up autistic NEET so you can say I'm using them as a friend simulator too but I've never really fallen into that weird shit which is why I'm asking. Once I'm done a video I kind of never think about it much. A lot of people now get their opinions from ecelebs and NEED their ecelebs to validate their tastes it's fucking weird. It's just 2 to 4 hairy assed dudes talking like radio or some shit. Idon't know man.
>>
Jay liked to call the animators lazy but he doesn't fully think through what it is he's looking at like his comment on Jessica's dress only sparkling once but never again because the animators got lazy but it only sparkled because she was under the intense stage lights during her musical number.
>>
>>131431903
Film school is unironically the worst way to get into the film industry nowadays - I went to film school for two years, made a bunch of shitty shorts and learned some basic CGI toolsets, but very little about actual technique or the practical aspects of getting into the industry. Film school 20 years ago? Sure. You could go and specialize in all sorts of areas and learn real, applicable trade secrets and techniques that you could leverage to get a job in the industry in effects or cinematography or screenwriting or whatever, but now it's basically just fluff and bullshit film theory crap.

The only instructor who was a straight shooter taught a screenwriting course and was a former sitcom writer and he basically admitted to us that almost nobody who actually gets into the industry in the 21st century went to film school and vice versa and that if you want to actually get into the industry your best bet is just going to LA, giving yourself five years, and busting your ass seven days a week networking and trying to break your way into a job doing shitwork at a small studio and work your way up from there. It's sort of like with art school how they don't actually teach anything about classical technique anymore so you don't actually get anything useful out of an art degree.

Long story short, I quit film school and I do experimental physics at a national research lab now.
>>
File: HighOnLife.png (288 KB, 599x515)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
>>131431749
>but they'll never watch them because Mike fucking hates animation
Does he though? Mike have done some VA on few animation project. At least one episode on a animated youtube serie and the first episode on Smiling Friends. He and Rich will also have some VA in the upcoming game High On Life created with Justin Roiland.
>>
>>131432249
to be fair you have to have an extremely high IQ like Mike to appreciate Justin Roiland's work
>>
>>131432249
I don't think it's that they hate animation, but rather that they assume that any review of animated content is just going to be appealing to manbaby viewers.

... which, I mean, isn't completely 100% off base, but that's more to do with the stigma and stereotypes surrounding older fans of animation.
>>
>>131430831
Josh has redeeming qualities. He's quite good in a non-humor-driven segment like Re:View and he seems like a nice guy, he's just not really comedic. Even AIDS Moby has become much better and he has a surprisingly vicious sense of humor.

I'm glad they stopped having guests so often because they were starting to get disruptive and annoying. Patton was the worst. I did like Len and I do miss the Canadians.
>>
>>131432249
It's just some anon saying he doesn't
>>
>>131432373
Mac hasn’t been back since COVID and since then he’s had a kid and started acting a lot more. Definitely has made guests rarer since he was showing up extremely frequently for a while
>>
>>131430793
When he mentioned rule 34 in regards to jessica rabbit i almost shat myself>
>>
>>131432491
They must've really clicked. Good that things are steady-on for him, though.
>>
>>131432147
He didn't call them lazy, he said they probably got exhausted from doing so much work.
>>
>>131431464
If it's niche, pointless and doesn't deserve the three neurons needed to remember it, you can bet your bottom dollar Jay remembers it well enough to bring up.
>>
>>131431528
I hope they keep going long enough for Mike to become the sort of elderly person he'd laugh about.
>>
>>131431749
>because Mike fucking hates animation
LMAO Mike literally finds shitty lowbrow cartoon comedy shows funny
He watched the whole episode of Big mouth during one of the Best of the worst recordings
>>
>>131427976

They nailed the point that making-of videos stopped being fun to watch the moment movies started doing effects with CGI.
>>
File: 1644273107013.webm (44 KB, 500x282)
44 KB
44 KB WEBM
>>131433343
>>
>>131433343
True - I remember I had the double VHS version of Jurassic Park with the making of features and I literally rewatched it to the point that the tape was ruined. Same with the making of featurettes on all the LOTR EEs where they go through all the model-making, prop-making, combining practical and digital effects, and hours and hours of the cast talking about how much they bonded during the filming and taking the mickey out of each other.
>>
>>131431464
>>131431528
They're as old as Soug Walker and he did a segment on Clarissa Explains it All in his Nickoms video
>>131431050
>>131431503
I think Jack is pretty entertaining, is that a controversial opinion within RLM community?
>>
>>131433646
Jack is polarizing for sure but he has plenty of defenders
I think Reddit hates Jack more and 4ch hates Josh more
>>
>>131427976
WTF
>>
>>131432147
He said they understandably cut corners for some incredibly minor background stuff because the animation for everything else was so complex.
>>
>>131433680
>>
>>131433505
versus
>>
>>131433343
That's just the nature of doing everything on computers, seeing intricately built engineering contraptions and makeup/prosthetics is always more interesting than seeing some computer program do them.
>>
>>131431801
Post Rich Evans aging 30 years in just 9
>>
>>131429360
The power of the one ring has given Rich the power of the voice, where none may silence his cackle. However, such power comes at a price, and the more he uses the ring, the heavier a toll it extracts on his body.
>>
>>131433343
They made this point earlier with Star Wars phantom making of where everyone was miserable and unsure and compared it to a force awakens making of where everyone is happy and laughing and it's now another product then a chance to learn
Sorry I'm tired that might have been written poorly
>>
>>131427997
I’ve avoided the Rescue Rangers movie so much I didn’t even know they had shitty celebrity voices until RLM showed a clip. I’m glad I’m not missing much.
>>
>>131433805
he's more canned laughter now, than man, twisted and evil
>>
>>131433890
I’ll attempt to translate: The making of Phantom Menance shows all the difficult pain in the ass moments of doubt, as opposed to the overly polished making of Force Awakens which shows everyone only having a great time.

Yeah so basically what you’re seeing is a doc of carefully cut together propaganda versus a genuine film set with worts and all. People love to swarm on the making of for Last Jedi because it features scandalous moments of Mark Hamill disagreeing with Johnson, but that shit is honestly more authentic than the making of for Rise of Skywalker which is just JJ wanking into the camera for 30 minutes about how great New Hope was.
>>
>>131433343
The making of videos from early 2000’s films were the best of both worlds because it was still a time when you could be amazed by the illusions that computers created to blend in with real objects. Used to be a character like Gollum was impressive because he was stuck believably into a shot with actual actors and props. Now the whole production is essentially rendered in a computer and even certain parts of peoples costumes aren’t real. It’s gone the opposite way where now I just assume most things are fake and am surprised when they turn out to be real props.
>>
More than anything else it's kind of interesting to tell how little original thought people here have. Yesterday we had someone going "liberals wouldn't let roger rabbit be made today" and I had wondered why it came out of nowhere and now it's obvious that they just saw the video.
Today we have a "isn't tmnt 87 just a poorly animated toy commercial" and oh look they make that exact argument in the video.
People here straight up can't think for themselves and it is always hilarious when I catch it.
>>
>>131434216
Yes, this is part of the same phenomenon as the 'friend simulator' crowd. The people who don't form independent opinions, watch a video of X, and then immediately run onto the internet to have their new opinion validated by others (which, it is, by all the people who just did the same). It's why places like reddit and twitter are such fucking echo chambers.
>>
>>131434181
Why couldnt all of davy jones men have been dudes in costumes
>>
>>131434293
>It's why places like reddit and twitter are such fucking echo chambers.
There's actually too many levels of irony in this statement for me to pick one, seeing as how the average anon only exists to react negatively to reddit and twitter posts.
>>
>>131427976
Reminder that Mike likes Big Mouth so his taste us cartoons is as bad as his taste in movies.
>>
>>131434181
It's probably more noticeable in a moving image but those designs are so cluttered I wouldn't have noticed the guy in the front if not for the first picture
>>
>>131434293
There's also people who disagree with the video, and then say it here to get people to counter it so they can copy paste arguments
>>
>>131430831
>literal faggot who wears edgy satanist t-shirts
>also the most easily offended
>>
>>131431709
The author of the book was a bit of a hack anyway. The moment the movie did well he ditched the original story and just did a sequel book to the movie. Then he did another stand alone sequel again, both pretty meh. The second one revealed Eddie had a sister who was married to a toon. So for some degenerates here that might be something to look into

The original book had more style and was interesting, so it's a shame he was so eager to ditch it to ride the coattails of the film.
>>
>>131434418
>calls other people thin skinned but then chimps out whenever someone shit talks his sky daddy
Your christcuck tears fuel me
>>
File: atheist_face.jpg (43 KB, 498x634)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>131434481
>sees post about obvious hypocrisy of an SJW pretending to be edgy
>hyperventilates about religion
Damn, nigga, calm down.
>>
>>131434459
Hey, it made money. You're gonna fault a guy for making an honest living?
>>
>Kenobi is better than the prequels
>It's good because it looks cheap
This is just embarassing.
>>
>>131434554
I just wish he took the chance to expand on his world rather than ditching it entirely. Like moving from comic strips to proper toons, showing how the modern world deals with toons, etc. His later sequels ham up the 40s Noir style and kept retconning things. He even retconned the entire first book as a 'bad dream' Jessica Rabbit had.

Either way, I do hope the guy writes some original toon town themed works in the future. Apparently he released a selection of short stories based on his toon verse back in 2020, so I might give that a read and see if it's any good.
>>
>>131434606
It really doesn't take much to be better than the prequels.
The second Disney trilogy was better than the prequels and it was mostly boring and what wasn't boring was stupid.
Which is the same way I'd describe most of the prequels, except the prequels did more of that.
>>
>>131431709
Micky Mouse is Disney's mascot, which means take absolutely no risks ever with him, which means everything he IS in is ultra safe, like kid's shows.
Nowadays he's so iconic that Disney will never, ever, EVERY put him in anything else because the risk of tarnishing his image is too damn high.
>>
File: 5f3.jpg (32 KB, 720x736)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>131435064
>The second Disney trilogy was better than the prequels
For all their faults the prequels had imagination and a sense of grandeur. The Sequels were so bland and tepid and written like a Joss Wheden Marvel movie.
>>
>>131435064
>thinking sequel shit was better then the prequels
Peak soi contamination emanating from this post
>>
>>131434481
>Getting this assblasted over talkin' mess about satanist t-shirts.
>>
Roger Rabbit is my favorite movie
>>
>>131435239
same :)
>>
>>131433763
With all the crazy expensive licenses and render farms they need to send their shit to, is practical really that much more expensive than CGI? Is making a gremlin out of rubber and painting it to look real really that much more man hours/labor costs versus meticulously animating every asshole hair and making sure the pores render at 4k at 48 hours per frame using enough electricity to power a small african nation for a year?
>>
>>131435112
The prequels were boring, pointless and uninteresting.
Star Wars is supposed to be space adventures, and the prequels barely had any adventure amongst the "serious" bullshit, and what little it did have was just sterile light saber fights.
The Disney sequels are garbage, I watched the first one, sort of watched the second one on a plane and dozing off and didn't even bother with the third one.
The sequels made me go "fuck it, whatever, I'm going to sleep, I don't care", the prequels annoyed me with what they showed.
The sequels were creatively bankrupt, committee written products, the prequels were chaos who's only connection to star wars is light sabers and reoccurring characters, it missed everything star wars is supposed to be.
Gun to my head I'd rather watch a movie that made me go "I don't give a shit about this corporate product" rather than "what the fuck is this shit?"
Don't get me wrong, the sequels had plenty of "oh shit nigger what are you doing" moments (like Finn's(?) asian representation girlfriend kamakaze-ing into his ship to stop him from saving the entire base out of "love", which would be brilliant if this had been a parody film, because kissing him just as the laser was firing was downright comedic), but not as much as the sequels.
And I fucking stand by it.
>>
>>131434181
I bet actually being in these movies was more fun pre 2000's too. You could imagine you're really on a haunted pirate ship with sea monsters instead of having to play pretend with a bunch of shlubs in grey pajamas.
>>
>>131435363
On one hand, its way easier to get immersed in the role with practical effects. You see the LotR trilogy orcs and you can tell they were having a blast

On the other, sometimes those practical effects were uncomfortable and a pain to get on and off. The grinch costume and makeup were pure torture for Jim Carrey with how long they took to put on and how much the contacts hurt his eyes. It worked out for Grinch though, since that grumpy tension he had was expressed well through his acting.
>>
>>131427976
After they got enough likes for Batman even though it was a joke, they try it with money now and will succeed.
>>
All these talks of practical effects and how much more fun the behind the scenes are for it reminds me how for Mad Max Fury Road how none of the war boys broke character when they were on set, so when the actor who played Immortan Joe walked on set at any time, they would all collectively scream "WITNESS ME!"
>>
>>131435674
Source?
>>
>>131428004
They are sick of capeshit.
>>
>>131435674
Dunno about that but you can see them cheering Joe and giving them the sign of the v8 in behinds-the-scenes making-of stuff before shooting for the day starts.
>>
The ironic thing about the AIDS Moby nickname is that these days it's Moby who looks like he's dying of AIDS.
>>
>>131428004
once they reached a million subs they didn't need to review capeshit for views
>>
>>131431839
>I can't remember where, but they don't want to review animation becaus it's a field they don't know good enough to do just that.
Even if they never said that outright, it's the obvious guess. The whole thing of the channel and where it's at its best is when they're talking about stuff they both like AND are into enough to know enough about to have interesting commentary (at least, interesting enough for themselves)- that means live-action movies, particularly of the 70s to 90s era. Individually they also like stuff like videogames, animated content, music, etc, but as a collective they're not really that much into that stuff, not enough to justify trying to focus on it

It's why before this basically the only times they talked about animation was in Wheel of the Worst, where part of the format IS to try and force them to comment about stuff they don't know shit about
>>
File: mike.png (1.02 MB, 441x603)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>Fresh allegations just came out
>Not even a single comment from Mike denying the claims

Their silence is deafening.
>>
>>131431668
>>131429750
>>131429602
>retards still don't understand its just fucking paint thinner
What the fuck, how hard is that to understand?
>>
>>131436121
who are you quoting
>>
With Space Jam 2 and Chip n Dale using CGI for the majority of their run times instead of traditional animation, is it because no one is trained in traditional 2d animation anymore or because 2d animation still has a stigma attached to it? Because the latter is especially egregious trying to pass itself off as 2d animation.
>>
>>131428004
They said in the Obi-Wan review that they're going to do Batman and called The Batman a masterpiece.
>>
>>131435674
>>131435799
>>131435868
Based war boy chads. Immortan joes empire really was the peak civilization could ever achieve
>>131435899
Who is aids moby and why do some music artists put the word aids over their name like its a title?
>>
>>131436173
For Chip n Dale I've no idea, especially since a lot of the bg characters ARE traditionally animated; for Space Jam 2, it actually does have a sizeable chunk of 2d animation, only switching to the cgi for the climax
>>
>>131436230
>Who is aids moby and why do some music artists put the word aids over their name like its a title?
RLM member and former alcoholic Jack Packard looked like Moby if he was somehow even more balding, as if chemotherapy'd, and also was an annoying faggot, so people took to calling him "AIDS Moby"
>>
>>131428059
Revenge of the Sith is a shitty movie, anon, get over it.
>>
>>131436173
It's much simpler than that.
traditional 2D is a tremendous pain in the ass to do.
With proper 2D everything has to be perfect in order to integrate well into 3D, look at how shitty and mismatched cool world looked.
Why go through the hassle when you can use 3D rendering, which is easy to use with stand-ins before the final product is made, easy to correct and easy to add effects like lighting and fur to.
It's a gigantic investment and it's hard to justify it in an age where movies need to be made quickly.
Only Cameron at the apex of his influence and success could pull that off.
Imagine busting your balls with "real" 2D only to have the movie be boring and flopping, you would have wasted way more resources you weren't getting back.
>>
>>131435300
CGI is still cheaper because those render farms only need to be built once and can be reused.
>>
>>131436305
Fair enough, it just bothers me that you have a distinction between 2d and 3d characters in a movie's universe, and yet the main 2d actor is also a 3d model.
>Cool World
That one is the saddest story ever, I wanted to see the version Bakshi wanted to actually make (Guy impregnates a toon and the hybrid child does The Mask (Comic version) like cartoon antics in the real world). Maybe it wouldn't have been good, but man it would've been more interesting than the plot we got.
>>
>>131436305
>With proper 2D everything has to be perfect in order to integrate well into 3D, look at how shitty and mismatched cool world looked.
Cool world was actually pretty damn cool and im tired of it getting unrightfully shat on online
>>
>>131436087
Mike's womanizing is well known, but nobody does anything because none of his victims are willing to testify.
>>
>>131435300
>is practical really that much more expensive than CGI?
Not really no, but many directors still prefer CGI. Like the new thing movie, which was originally made all with practical effects which later got CGI'd over because the director prefered the CGI look
>>
>>131436230
Jack used to be commonly known as 'AIDS Moby' (enough that he'd ban people during game streams for saying it) because initially he was seen as obnoxious on RLM videos, and calling something 'AIDS' is old 4chan parlance for saying it's noxious. Also, more directly, Jack looks a lot like Moby if Moby was dying of AIDS, so it stuck for quite a while.
>>
>>131436427
Why do these directors have such base level shit taste that they prefer soulless CGI over godtier practical effects?
>>
>>131436305
Blending 2D with live action should at least be way easier now than back in the day, think of how Klaus already figured out CG lighting and textures blended with pencil character animation. Would solve the entire problem of needing to manually draw the shading and lighting to match when you can just use the same techniques that would be used on CG
>>
>>131435064
No
>>
>>131436477
>and calling something 'AIDS' is old 4chan parlance for saying it's noxious
Is that why that dude being memed around during the 2016 election was called AIDS skrillex?
>>
>>131436173
It's because it's cheaper.
>>
>>131434181
It's insane how good looking Davey Jones and his crew look even to this day. Almost 2 decades later and it looks better than some CGI movies we get today.
>>
>>131435819
It feels more like they know they have nothing else to add to the conversation
>>
>>131436378
Cool World is cool in a lot of aspects (love the set design, love the soundtrack, etc) but it absolutely comes together as a terrible movie. Not Bakshi's fault, but it is what it is.
>>
>>131436544
In his case I think it was more that he literally looked like he was dying of AIDS.
>>
>>131436427
>>131436516
It wasn't the director, it was the studio. The director if anything was the one pushing for traditional effects, only for executives to in the end go "what, traditional effects? They'll think we're cheap, cover this in cgi"
>>
>>131435799
>Source?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF7hGBT6kAs
>>
>>131436606
>only for executives to in the end go "what, traditional effects? They'll think we're cheap, cover this in cgi"
Wait thats why they do that? Theyll demand inferior looking CGI because of some pedantic retarded reason of autism that theyll think the audience thinks theyre "cheap" otherwise? How do these fucking ass hats even get to have the jobs they do if they are clearly not qualified at all to work with movies?
>>
>>131436606
>The studio wanted to spend MORE money
doubt.jpg
>>
>>131436630
Can't believe this is the same dude that played Toe Cutter in the original.
>>
>>131436676
Disney spent the money to make Solo twice because Phil Lord & Chris Miller weren’t making the movie boring enough
>>
>>131436549
This is the real answer.
>>
>>131436676
>>131436676
>>131436720
Talking about The Thing 2011, not Chip n Dale.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/matthijs-van-heijningen-jr-interview-directing-the-thing-and-practical-versus-cg-effects/

He doesn't say it explicitly, but he was proud of the practical effects, then suddenly Universal demands reshoots, and after he's going "oh the effects looked too 1980s". It's clear it was Universal demanding no use of practical effects
>>
RLM is still not cancelled after what happened on the stream?
>>
>>131429824
Really? I thought it was called dip because they would dip cels into paint thinner in order to reuse them. Hanna-Barbera had yellowed/tainted cels pop occasionally on screen from being reused too many times.
>>
>>131432170
Bro film school is only good for making connections in the industry. Everybody knows that.
>>
>>131436709
>Toe Cutter
Bah! Mediocre!
>>
>>131436676
They thought the CGI would be a selling point, so spending money on it would pay for itself.
>>
>>131436999
>Bro film school is only good for making connections in the industry. Everybody knows that.
Same with animation school funnily enough

Also witnessed
>>
>>131436999
Trips of truth
>>
>>131436867
This one still hurts. Good practical effects wouldn't have *completely* made up for the weak ass script, but it would have at least elevated it to average/above-average.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH3VeUiud7c
>>
>>131436999
it's not even good for that anymore
>>
>>131437028
you mean my choice of alabama animation academy isnt going to pay off!?
>>
>>131436549
The irony is that it's only cheaper because the people who specialize in practical effects and the equipment and infrastructure developed to support the practical effects industry have become scarcer in the wake of overreliance on digital effects. If studios made an effort to revive interest and training in practical effects they'd be far cheaper than digital VFX.

It's sort of like how, after the Apollo/Skylab program was scrapped and the Shuttle/ISS program wound up, all the rocket infrastructure in the US and Europe started transitioning to reusable, modular, small-lift vehicles and all the infrastructure for heavy-lift was basically lost to disuse, and now that interest in beyond-orbit missions is gaining traction NASA and the rest of the world's public and private space companies have had to spend the last 25 years trying to reinvent shit we had perfected 60 years ago.
>>
>>131436871
>>131436087
>>131436379
I like how the /tv/ larping gets completely ignored anywhere else
>>
>>131437372
>larping

Anon......
>>
>>131437272
I thought it was because the CGI companies Disney and companies like them use aren't unionized and overseas so they're cheaper than using all the special effect guilds in LA
>>
File: 1335419254431.jpg (21 KB, 323x249)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>131437372
Saved in 2012. It is as true today as it was back then.
>>
>>131437421
That's also a factor.
>>
>>131437372
so you are telling me you don't know what happened?
>>
File: thing[1].jpg (195 KB, 1280x716)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>131436661
Is worse, the movie was shot with pratical effects, but the studio put decided to Put CGI over the practical monsters.
>>
>>131436709
>Can't believe this is the same dude that played Toe Cutter in the original.
>I live
>I Die
>I live again!
>>
>>131436354
But they NEVER reuse them! People can saying that this is a benefit to CGI but it's such bullshit. CGI gets outdated stupidly fast, and it's a constant arms race of making things more and more realistic. As a result everything gets thrown out between movies as they start over from scratch. CGI is a fucking scam.
>>
File: file.png (696 KB, 931x876)
696 KB
696 KB PNG
>>131431050
I've trascended beyond such banal binary frivolities. The Jack/Josh question is beneath me now. I'm an evolved man,an enlightened man, a forever man.

Who am i? I'm a TimChad!!!!!!!!
>>
>>131437734
Oh that fucking sucks
>>
>>131437734
Nonono, not CGI over it. That would be fine.
They filmed the scenes again after the studio said the pratical effects aren't good enough (they were amazing) with CGI-only effects. CGI-ing over them would mean they wouldn't look as fake.

Its a shame because the monsters looked great regarding their design (except maybe the one on the space ship... reminded me of the Tomb Raider 3 Arctic level though which ripped off The Thing)
>>
>>131428004
why do you niggers want to see them talk about the batman so much
>>
>>131431801
>Tfw Jay banned me on twitter for sending him this

I don't get it i thought he would have a laugh about it and it's even making him look great what sthe issue
>>
>>131432322
Their chanel is already dedicated to capeshit and star wars, safe to say that audience is already there all the way
>>
>>131438240
>>Tfw Jay banned me on twitter for sending him this
Thats fucking grand if they get pissy over stuff like that imagine their meltdown if you sent them RLM rule 34
>>
>>131438092
>paying a homeless man in bourbon to be in your movie reviews
>>
>>131438337
>>paying a homeless man in bourbon to be in your movie reviews
My mind immediately went to remembering this page after reading your comment
>>
>>131427976
Did Jay say animation is annoying kiddie stuff or did I stroke out?
>>
>>131436564
Because back when practical effects did most of the work, a cgi creature was considered a specialty item, all the budget for computers went into that handful of things while models and trick photography did the rest. It’s why the goblins from Lord of the Rings still look amazing while the goblins from Hobbit are already dated.
>>
>>131427976
Amazing how cringe he is now
>>
>>
>>131438984
In the era the movie was released, yes. Disney was on the child friendlyness trip and cartoons were toy commercials. Also he was talking about the "annoying childish toon" next to the serious midlife crisis detective.

You're the kind of people who instantly shit their pants and post complaints somewhere on Youtube.
>>
>>131438176
The villain from the new season of Stranger Things is a great example of combing make up and cg together. His whole suit is practical but they add cg after to sell the illusion of more intricate and organic movement.
>>
>>131435300
you outsource to 3rd world then its cheaper
>>
>>131439400
See, I don't mind CGI to spice up a scene or character, it's when it is the only thing that's when it bothers me.
Also, the age old tale still holds true for this thread: A board is great at discussing things that aren't the board's topic.
>>
>>131439431
The clovers are always greener on the other boards
>>
>>131428004
Because it's a streaming movie, and you can put it on while folding cloths.
>>
>>131438283
banning someone doesn't mean they're "getting pissy" it just means they don't want to deal with you. You being mad you got banned doesn't mean they are also mad.
>>
>>131439138
The other big thing that practicals did (that they touch on in the review) is that it gave the actors something to actually play off of, which makes for better immersion than when they're all clearly staring at shit that's not there. You see this in Jurassic Park - where the actors had real puppets and animatronics to interact with for most of the scenes, you see this in Starship Troopers >>131433763 where they had animatronic bugs and stunt extras who were actual amputees to get 'dismembered' during the battle scenes, you see this in LOTR where the actors were fighting real actors in orc outfits (John Rhys Davies famously got so into it during the action scenes he was legitimately knocking stunt guys the fuck out).

Some modern productions still do this, but it's rare. There's actually a great practical trick they did for the production of His Dark Materials which is that they created life-sized puppet versions of all the digital 'daemon' creatures for the actors (especially the child actors) to interact with for the rehearsals and initial takes, then removed them for the final take and put the CG creatures in in post, using the puppets as lighting references and getting all the kid's reactions and timing down.
>>
>>131431401
Wait, did santa just roast that bitch with lightning?
>>
>>131439583
T. A booty blasted jay bauman
Im sorry you are eternally rustled that youre everyones third favorite RLM playalong pal after mike and rich respectively
>>
>>131439639
Yes.
>>
>>131439672
Sorry I'm not going to play a proxy Jay so you can get over your troll blue balls. Maybe try over on /v/, they like taking bait over there.
>>
>>131439207
> Also he was talking about the "annoying childish toon" next to the serious midlife crisis detective.
why do people watch this shit reviews
>>
File: Rich Evan.png (2.54 MB, 1920x1080)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB PNG
>>131428365
Wouldn't be the strangest thing about.
>>
>>131439776
What's wrong with that statement?
>>
>>131431528
See >>131439808
>>
>>131427976
Why do people bother to watch reviews by people who have no interest or knowledge in the subject? It seems like a massive waste of time, these two don’t even have good taste in movies. I don’t get it.
>>
things you need to come to terms with:
it's been 20 years since any studio maintained a traditional animation unit of theatrical quality
all of the talent has died out, the wisdom lost
>>
>>131438016
>But they NEVER reuse them!
You just haven't noticed, but studios reuse assets when they can.
>>
>>131439808
>HAIR BLN
yeah, that's a bit strange.
>>
Will people still be talking about the Chip n Dale movie 35 years from now?
>>
>>131439992
RLM is a comedy channel that people enjoy for their personalities, it doesn’t even pretend to be serious critique. Their recommendations might be useful to you if you watch enough to know to what degree you generally agree with each person’s taste but that’s not really the point
>>
>>131439993
Some studios like Cartoon Saloon and SPA are trying to keep hand drawn animation alive. But none of the big studios.
>>
>>131440168
Anon, people won't be talking about the Chip n Dale movie 35 days from now.
>>
i like every member of RLM!
>>
>>131439993
Didnt disney recently start training people for 2D animation for theatrical releases down the line?
>>
>>131440168
/co/ will be talking about Zipper 35 years from now
>>
>>131440238
they did it by cannibalizing their television animation department
>>
File: paperman.jpg (115 KB, 1200x675)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>131440238
I'll believe it when I see it. I remember everyone saying the same shit about a 2D revival after Paperman and that shit never happened.
>>
>>131432170
I saw Drew Carey when I saw a taping of Price is Right. He basically said the same exact thing during a break when he talked to the audience. A woman was trying to get into acting by going to some kind of film school and Carey laid out the truth for her. He said to drop the school, move out to LA, get an agent and an acting coach. Then you hone your craft with the coach and get the agent to get you whatever roles you can. He also made the point that nobody in the history of casting has ever actually considered whether somebody has formal education when making a decision.
>>
>>131431622
I'm 10 years younger than Jay but I'm with him on this. I had all the channels but only ever watched Nick and CN. I doubt I saw more than a few hours of Disney Channel in a span of ten years.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>131440427
paperman is 3D tho
>>131440556
same, my family didn't pay for Disney when I was a kid, but when they got it when I was 15 or so I I didn't like it.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (36 KB, 739x415)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
I found it amusing that they ended up liking the Obi-Wan Kenobi series, specifically for the reasons people dislike it the most like the cheapness factor.
>>
>>131438016
Godzilla was reused from KOTM
>>
File: mandalorian-stagecraft-2.jpg (1.01 MB, 3000x1836)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>131434181
I'm hoping things will come full circle with shit like this
>>
>>131440870
>>131434181
It comes down to good productions and bad productions. Bad productions will continue to use cop-outs excuses to use CGI versions of the looney tunes while others will bend to the will of Werner Herzog and spend 30 million to make a baby yoda doll.
>>
>>131429360
>if you mute his track while editing a video you can still hear it, and I believe he was only half joking.
Wasn't it because his laugh gets picked up by the other's mics very clearly, so muting Rich's mic doesn't get rid of it?
>>
File: images (4).jpg (14 KB, 640x360)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>131439630
>The other big thing that practicals did (that they touch on in the review) is that it gave the actors something to actually play off of, which makes for better immersion than when they're all clearly staring at shit that's not there.
I also recall Ewan McGregor saying he enjoyed his time working on the Kenobi series moreso than the prequels because there was to stuff to actually interact with compared to the latter's empty waste of green screen hell.
>>
>>131430831
He's an Achewood fan so I can't completely hate him. But yeah he's so boring he makes Jack look charismatic.
>>
>>131427976
That was a good re:view, it's interesting to see them talk about something animated
kinda made up for that awful kenobi review
>>
>>131435112
>>131435119
I would say the prequels' greatest sin is how bland and boring they are despite the franchise it's a part of and the subject matter it's dealing with. Couple that with the atrocious dialogue and terrible CGI coating over every frame and they make for a genuinely terrible watching experience.

The sequels are basically on the level of a lower-end MCU film like Ant-Man, not great but far from the terribleness of the prequels. They're above average popcorn films that will entertain most people (although Rise of Skywalker is Dark World/Captain Marvel tier).
>>
>>131438092
I think he was in an episode without his moustache once.
It just wasn't right.
Putting that aside, I tend to enjoy his contributions to the show too
>>
>>131441190
>30 million to make a baby yoda doll.
I'm pretty sure that shit's paid for itself by now.
People fucking love that little shit, more-so than.., was there a cute-cgi hamster-frog animal thing in the movies? I want to say there was, but I might be mixing some things together.
>>
>>131441892
It's a joke, it didn't cost 30 million, and it wasn't the only practical effect used in the show. They went so far as to make stop-motion dolls to use in some of the shots.
>>
>>131441892
There was the Pogs or whatever the fuck they were called, and boy oh boy did they push that shit as the next Furby or Tickle-Me-Elmo HARD. I went to buy a Christmas present for my niece and I walked passed the Star Wars aisle at the store and there were like 400 unsold Pog dolls sitting on the shelves. A month later they were on clearance and still there. The sequel trilogy has been absolutely shit for moving merch.
>>
>>131442246
Aren't toy sales in general on the decline because zoomers would rather buy video games or gadgets?
>>
>>131439400
It's unfortunate his design is kinda boring. It's cool he's a slasher movie villain, but compared to previous seasons he's a bit of a downgrade. Should have used this idea earlier.
>>
>>131436254
RLM are shitty dudebro "reviewers", get over it.
>>
>>131431528
>>131431598
>>131431610
They are also white. White people age faster.
>>
>>131442304
Toy sales in general are on the decline because toys nowadays are shit. They shifted the market from simple toys that kids could do whatever the fuck they wanted with to overdesigned crap designed to be played with in one very specific way. My favorite Star Wars toys when I was a kid were the little plastic Hasbro spaceships that were like ten bucks. They barely had any moving parts, they didn't have any sounds or lights, but they were hard to break and I could afford like a dozen of them just from mowing lawns and shit during the year. Now the big merch items are fucking electronic Chewbacca masks and $800 lego sets.
>>
>>131430831
He's got pretty good grindhouse knowledge, which is cool, but he's a charisma void. Jack is more enjoyable. He's pretty retarded, but he can be funny when he gets drunk.
>>
>>131436606
This. The studio thought practical effects would look "dated" to an audience. Studios are amazingly retarded. If you ever doubt it, remember that they put a literal mining operation on an alien planet run by evil humans in the movie Enemy Mine... because the title of the movie was Enemy Mine.
>>
>>131441558
You're being very generous to the Disney trilogy
>>
>>131440628
Wallow in a lake of shit for years and I imagine a pond of piss will look like heaven.
>>
>>131439776
That's literally the point of Roger Rabbit's character. A hard contrast to the hard-boiled detective.
>>
>>131442246
I remember watching TLJ in the theater and seeing the porgs as just such a blatant attempt to sell merchandise
>>
File: images (1).jpg (59 KB, 739x415)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>131444104
It's like this in every trilogy, ewoks in ROTJ and pretty much everything in the prequels.
>>
>>131444017
My standards for Star Wars have lowered significantly since 1999.
>>
>>131435112
This
The prequels were stupid but fun. The sequels are stupid and boring. Both are shit, but id rather watch George’s creative insanity than Disney bland corporate crap
*BLUHBLUHBLUHBLUHBLUHBLUH*
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BndfHATIXxE
>>
>>131436254
Its the best of the prequels, which makes it the best of the non-OG series. It looses the boredom of the first two. Its fun, stupid, and action packed. Honestly, Revenge of the Sith is what ALL the prequels should have been
>>
Is that Richard William Thomas Evans III from the Ellen Show?
>>
The prequels were good and I'm not going to debate this with you people
>>
>>131434181
I was gonna mention the Pirates films. The shit they did for the Maelstrom is mindblowing
>>
File: 1654137825928.jpg (11 KB, 268x188)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>131439808
If he's a toon, he's from a motherfucking cave painting.
>>
>says that the speech bubble thing from the novels wouldn't work IRL
>hasn't seen Czech kino "Who Wants to Kill Jessie?"

Plebs.
>>
File: maelstrom making.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>131434181
>>131444573
Fuck it I'll link it. 160+ actors in artificial rain swinging from ship to ship, many improvising whenever they'd be hit by shrapnel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vr191FOPN0
>>
>>131442488
>Asshurt prequelfag needs 15 years of internet memes and a Cartoon Network show to trick people into thinking George’s autistic first drafts were quality. More at 11:00
>>
>>131442304
Everything in the toy isle is either a cheap hunk of plastic or a collectible made up to look like a normal toy. You wonder who’s buying all the He-Man figures at Target? It’s collectors. Little kids like Lego.
>>
>>131444104
They were actually a way to disguise the puffins that live on the island of Skellig Michael where the movie was filmed. It’s a sanctuary so they couldn’t be chased away. Porgs were essentially costumes. That said of course they were obviously very merchandisable.
>>
>>131444573
I have my list of problems with the Pirates sequels… but goddamn did they have soul
>>
>>131443991
That’s because studios aren’t run by people with a understanding of audiences, they’re run by suits with MBAs who think you can boil down entertainment to an algorithm where you insert actor A and director B and multiply by plot trope C and get a hundred billion dollar blockbuster
>>
>>131439583
I'm sure they appreciated the humor, but like to keep their twitter to serious business only. The ban was therefore necessary.
>>
What?
Your cock?
Lol...
>>
>>131438016
>all disney cgi after rapunzels are asset flips, they keep redrawing the characters from the same basic models over and over.
>>
>>131431598
Man, they should've just stuck with being 30...
>>
File: 2003-2015-2020.png (797 KB, 680x442)
797 KB
797 KB PNG
>>131431598
>>131446747
>>
>>131445020
Only the first two, On Stranger Tides is basically a straight-to-DVD movie and Dead Men Tell No Tales was soulless.
>>
>>131444223
>Both are shit, but id rather watch George’s creative insanity than Disney bland corporate crap
Both are very corporate, everything in the PT was basically designed to be a toy while the ST capitalized on people's nostalgia for the OT.
>>
>>131442540
White AND alcoholic!

*Except Rich.
He is rotting from all the sinful thoughts in his brain.
>>
>>131430831
He's fine, he's just some guy. It's the bald guy that's actually contentious.
>>
>>131430392
Yeah I remember their video for it came out right after I had just seen it.
>>
>>131435300
It's cheaper because these movies go through forty different re-writes and scene changes and the budget is still $200 mil or less despite this. Think of how many movies worth of content gets cut from CG-heavy movies and you begin to understand how actually cheap it is compared to a practical movie or 2D animated movie.
>>
File: 200(5).gif (2.95 MB, 223x220)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB GIF
>>131446801
Juicy Shaq meat is also appalingly high in cholesterol.
>>
>>131434306
The entire crew was cursed I thought, not just Davy Jones.
>>
>>131446765
the third is a neat conclusion to the originals, the two after are meh, but still watchable. dead mans chest is also really really nice to look at, gritty, dirty, dark and amazing effects, so its hard to top that in any way.
>>
>>131428004
They did or at least Mike did they just want to prolong the frustration from people demanding they review it already

>>131431709
Nah they're appropriately harsh, they haven't watched the new cartoon and have no reason to and I doubt they ever watched House of Mouse which I thought Mickey was good in.
>>
>>131428059
Perhaps
>>
>>131428004
It sucked. There you go.
>>
>>131427997
Yes
>>
>>131431709
Oh you mean when Mickey jus copy the personality of other characters around him?
Mickey is a nothing character.
He's a mascot and nothing more.
>>
>>131446801
Rich doesn't eat his fruits and vegetables.
>>
>>131444836
impressive
>>
>>131428059
Rich Evans would break you in half. He's an animal with nothing to lose.
>>
>>131443823
>he can be funny when he gets drunk
Yeah, about that...
>>
>>131446774
I'd argue that even the original trilogy was designed to sell toys, The entire reason George decided to start at ep 4 instead of ep 1 was that he thought It would be more successful.

Face it, Star wars has always been about selling cheap shit to children.
>>
>>131447648
>The entire reason George decided to start at ep 4 instead of ep 1 was that he thought It would be more successful.
The idea of the first Star Wars film actually being the fourth episode in a nine movie saga was done after it premiered, he didn't fully conceptualize the whole story yet and everything was still in a flux.

I don't agree though with the toys thing, George did create Star Wars in mind for kids but originally just because he wanted to make something that would appeal to them like the Flash Gordon serials did for his childhood. It wasn't until Return of the Jedi where George started to really prioritize merchandising over the story, like the Ewoks were originally Wookies that were made small and cutes to be more marketable to kids and he vetoed Gary Kurtz idea to kill off Han because it could have hurt toy sales.
>>
>>131444284
>Its the best of the prequels
Fuck no, that's Phantom Menace.
>>
>>131440186
Goddamn I really gotta get around to watching this
>>
>>131430831
I like Jack, Josh, Colin and Tim
>>
>>131432373
>Patton was the worst
I disagree, the bald guy they got for The Pit was the worst if Max Landis isn't an option.
>>
>>131446801
>Except Rich.
Rich fell into the giant cauldron of beer when he was a little boy, he's had enough for a lifetime
>>
>>131434367
Does he like it out of morbid curiosity or genuinely?
>>
>>131448310
I don't know if Mike is even capable of liking things unironically, except maybe ST:TNG. It's not like Jay or Rich where their tastes are fairly obvious whether you agree with them or not. Mike just has no taste at all.
>>
>>131427976
>Don't google Jessica Rabbit rule34
The only reason I would agree with this is because most of it sucks
>>
>>131448443
jessica rabbit rule34 is pretty entry level drawn porn anyway
>>
File: Chad.jpg (90 KB, 1400x1400)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>131442488
>dudebros
Based
>>
>>131440628
You can't blame them too much for that, they themselves admitted they were not in a rational state of mind after Picard season 2 laid them so low and Kenobi just happened to tick the right checkboxes for them. Jay was the only one not having their soul crushed at the time and he thought it was pretty mediocre.
>>
>>131448443
Aside from a few gold, she's a good example where the best material comes from the original source.
>>
>>131446765
I didn't even bother watching the last one since Stranger Tides was so shit. It was just a complete mess of ideas and Jack Sparrow had been turned into a completely soulless mascot at that point.
>>
I want Jessi to sit on my face and I'm tired of pretending she doesn't exist.
>>
>>131447561
I'm aware of his problems. That doesn't stop me from laughing at the Star Wars Holiday Special review they did, where they sat there and talked about 9/11.
>>131445068
To be fair, I feel like a number of directors and writers don't understand their audiences either. I remember James Cameron talking about that on his Terminator 2 commentary track, how you need to learn to trust the audience.
>>
>>131451149
And then he went on to direct the next 5 sequels of Avatar.
>>
>>131451183
Yes. But once upon a time, he made good movies. I won't argue that he's been shit for over a decade.
>>
>>131442488
Well, yeah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A23queljQ7Y
>>
File: media_FPCr0aEXIAY1I5p.jpg (281 KB, 1660x2660)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
>>131427976
>"Don't google jessica rabbit rule 34"

Is Rich Evans confirmed for gay/Shaqophile?
>>
>>131451201
Get his ass
>>
>>131438092
basado
>>
>>131440186
This should’ve won the Oscar. I can’t even remember what stole it but I’m sure it was some kind of Disney slop.
>>
>>131454720
I'd say it was the best choice easily
>>
>>131440010
I’m torn on this because it’s running joke with disney movies to have cameos by stuff from other movies, but in those older ones they at least had to be re-drawn rather than just copy pasted. At least this Moana was put in new clothes and such.

Also I always forget how this sequence was a big part of the trailer but is totally absent from the film.
>>
>>131454773
that category is basically
>which movie did my kids like the best?
>>
>>131447937
Have you ever seen Jack talk on the Escapist with like Yahtzee or whomever. He's a fucking retarded. Well they both are but still.
>>
>>131446897
>because these movies go through forty different re-writes and scene changes

maybe movies should have fewer to no insane, scatter-brained shitheads in the (pre-)production process, so the number of changes are minimalized and their impact lessened.
>>
>>131438283
Based Jay punishing trolls for insulting his friend’s appearance.
>>
>>131439808
>205
no way he's that light
>>
>>131447532
Rich would probably come at you with some bizarre wooden gundam he made himself
>>
>>131454918
And maybe corporate farms can donate their wasted food to hungry countries and maybe everyone above an income can donate $1 to charity and everything would be super duper.

That's just not realistic, anon.
>>
>>131431050
Jack is tied with Colin for my favorite fourth person to compliment the core trio. Mac's a good substitute too: he's funnier than Jack, but flops more often.
>>
>>131431528
Alcohol tends to age you.
>>
>>131444702
He's more of a constellation if anything.
>>
>>131435064
>>131435112
>arguing over which pile of shit smells worse
The prequels versus sequels debate will never not baffle me.
>>
>>131456296
Except the prequels are kino you midwit.
>>
>>131433343
Thats the thing that stood out to me when I saw The Missing Link, there's a small clip in the end credits showing the elephant animation rig, and those 10 seconds impressed me more than anything else in the film. Slightly different clip of it below
https://youtu.be/gRZ77YjRjow
>>
>>131456359
>I can't enjoy eating shit unless everyone agrees when I say it's chocolate pudding!
Okay retard.
>>
>>131428004
but they did watched the batman!

they never promised a review or acknowledgement tho.
>>
>>131433144
2 more years with all the heartbreak and mental toll he has been getting as of late.
>>
File: Laughing PWJD.webm (144 KB, 720x405)
144 KB
144 KB WEBM
>>131444199
To be fair, Podracing is the best version of shameless merchandise shilling ever. Which would you rather? Gay stuffed animals, or SciFi Chariot racing?
>>131451149
>The Halloween Special when everyone but rich devolve into a bunch of drunk manchildren
>Jay starts freaking out when Rich giggles at them
>"Cat's don't have souls" "Yes they do and they have worms coming out of their eyes"
>>
>>131437682
Of course i do but the fact is that if Mike did it.
he did it for a reason.
>>
>>131448443
Eh, there's some really good stuff. Sure a lot of it sucks but you can say the same about literally every character. Especially Western characters.

It doesn't help that Jessica Rabbit r34 is mostly known for being Zimmerman's obsession. The autistic hack drew like 1,500 Jessca Rabbit pictures and most of the other characters he drew still looked like Jessica Rabbit.
>>
File: t-002.png (495 KB, 438x898)
495 KB
495 KB PNG
>>131442331
yeah, he's literally just some variant of Tyrant we've never heard about, he even has the one long-clawed left hand
>>
>>131456947
RIP Norm
>>
>>131454898
More like
>Which one did I hear about?
>>
>>131437272
>If studios made an effort to revive interest and training in practical effects they'd be far cheaper than digital VFX.
Physical objects will always be more expensive than a computer imagining something in its head. Regardless of how impressive practical effects look.
Also practical effects are still around, there are still trained practical effects artists in the world, but they don't work on AAA movies anymore. You'll find them mostly in the training space for industry.
>>
>>131431050
Every time I see that image I have a chuckle at how Jack was clearly added as an afterthought
>>
>>131456009
Explain Jay then
>>
>>131454917
No because I'm not interested in Jack or Rich talk about videogames, saw Jack's review of The Batman and I'd say it was fair.
>>
>>131450722
You’re not lying. Of course in hindsight it’s easy to see that Johnny was at his low point struggling with alcohol and that harpy lying to everyone. That said his performance had devolved into parody on par with Epic Movie. After seeing Dead Men Tell No Tales I watched Black Pearl and was stunned by how subdued it was in comparison. The performance that Michael Eisner worried would be too goofy for the movie 20 years ago suddenly looked worthy of the Oscar it lost to Sean Penn.
>>
>>131455036
>maybe corporate farms can donate their wasted food to hungry countries
There aren't many hungry countries left these days and those that are are hungry more because of instability causing problems with distribution than lack of available food.
>>
>>131458567
Black magic.
>>
>>131430831
Jack is just josh but better
>>
>>131429776
>>131429602
>acetone
>>
>>131429776
The ass mad the acetone episodes caused were priceless.
>>
>>131440010
That ones a weird example, because both Ralph and Vanellope have different models, when they could've easily reused the same ones from the first movie.
>>
>>131430392
I remember on of the earliest BOTWs had an animated film about where babies come from, was British I think

Also god it there isn’t an RLM style crew reviewing animated stuff someone better get on it. Far and away better than the typical cartoon critic sperging
>>
>>
>>
>>131431050
>Jack doesn't know shit about anything
He easily has the best firearm skills of the crew
>>
>>131460354
Elaborate
>>
>>131460743
He grew up on a farm, and in one of their videos they went to a shooting range to destroy one of their movies and Jack was the only competent shot.
>>
>>131460289
There was also a pro-abstinance cartoon in one of their wheels of the worst.
Like if there was ever a cartoon it was usually from there.
>>
>>131429713
True, but at the same time nobody needs to see a single "Rescue Rangers by a director that thought the Rescue Rangers were shoehorned into his script" movie.
>>
>>131427976
Okay
>>
>>131454951
kek
>>
>>131438092
BASED
>>
Who Framed Roger Rabbit is my favorite film, hands down. We will never have anything like it ever again.
>>
>>131431050
i think they're ok but i prefer jack, especially when he gets drunk and goes nuclear
>>
>>131446755
this was the image i was looking for thank you
>>
File: rlm63.png (279 KB, 893x928)
279 KB
279 KB PNG
>>131431050
I prefer this version
>>
>>131445857
yeah if they let fans get too comfortable they will probably do something stupid to them so they're always gonna keep their audience at arms' length by any means necessary.
>>
File: arentyoushiraishi.png (50 KB, 302x365)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>131435300
you're forgetting unions, it's way easier to find unionless cgi farms than practical effects/animatronics people that are unionless.

and sure even then they can afford it but they also wanna save every penny they can so if cgi is just 1k cheaper than practical they're gonna go cgi, since the aim of these movies is not the art but the profit.
>>
>>131436087
>>131437372
what am i missing here
>>
>>131462550
oh god
>>
File: hayden.jpg (166 KB, 789x1086)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
apparently he's a fan of RLM's videos so what would his appearance on BOTW be like ?
>>
I feel like Mike, Rich, and Jay used to be more sharp and enthusiastic in their vocal inflections in the early HITB eps, as though they were more happy and passionate about movies than they are now. Now they talk in quiet and kinda bored voices, as though to reflect their current cynicism.
>>
>>131462774
Wait is he really a fan of RLM? Where did he say it? I know they said in the ROTS review that Hayden shouldn’t be blamed for the movie's bad script. But I wonder how Hayden would react to the drubbing RLM gave his boss George.
>>
>>131463078
Spielberg and Coppola have genuine friendships with Lucas but nobody else does considering he's literally fucking autistic
>>
>>131463094
Yeah I know, but Hayden based on what we know got on well with Lucas and isn’t the kind of guy to punch down. So I wonder if he’d be off put by how much RLM basically tore George down over the years.
>>
>>131456624
I can't believe we're getting Ewoks in Kingdom Hearts 4. We kind of had Toontown too but no Roger Rabbit sadly
>>
>>131463145
People tend to forget that Hayden’s career fizzled rather fast after Star Wars ended, aside from Jumper I can think of few Hayden movies after 2005. Audiences roasted him (heh) for his shitty acting and he got a lot of shade thrown at him for helping to ruin Darth Vader. It’s easy to see him in the late 2000’s getting a jolly out of RLM videos picking apart the things that made him something of a laughing stock. They even make mention of how Hayden wasn’t a bad actor and isn’t responsible which was probably nice to hear.

This is the other thing people fail to recognize, of course Hayden is going to act all enamored with Star Wars now that he’s being paid to and the fans suddenly feel nostalgic for him again. You think he’d be putting up with it if he was just signing autographs in the back corner? Hell no he’s only in to it because he’s getting treated like a big star again and gets to have fun on set. Filming Star Wars is probably a blast, it’s the aftermath that’s a crapshoot.
>>
>>131463469
Yeah, but we don’t know for sure if Hayden ever actually soured on the prequels after Hollywood rejected him. Maybe he just thought they’re petty jerks who can’t appreciate him.
>>
Of course they don't watch cartoons.
They aren't children.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (28 KB, 767x322)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>131462774
>>131463078
>>131463145
>>131463469
>>131463520
I don't really get the "it's not Hayden's fault for Anakin being so, it's the script" defense, unlike Ewan or Ian where there is charm in their performances (at least i ROTS).

Anakin being perceived as this whiny incel sociopath in the prequels is inherent with Hayden and I think it really has to do with the voice. If he was dubbed by Matt Lanter, whose take on Anakin actually captures the brother Obi-Wan dearly regarded while reminiscing to Lule in ANH, then maybe Hayden will be better since his most praised scene in the prequels is the one where he doesn't speak any dialogue and just makes a bunch of faces.

He was also in the Kenobi series but he was pretty bland in all the scenes he was in, no redemption for him like Andrew Garfield in No Way Home.
>>
>>131456359
Based
>>
>>131464475
Based on what? George's balls?
>>
>>131462482
Jack & Rich discussing video games > Mike & Jay discussing movies.
>>
>>131463207
>I can't believe we're getting Ewoks in Kingdom Hearts 4.

I can. Everything is just there now for brand appeal. Everything is fucking Multi Versus. Everything is ready Player One. Just look at the thing you remember and buy merchandise. There's no heart to any of this.
>>
>>131434216
>Today we have a "isn't tmnt 87 just a poorly animated toy commercial" and oh look they make that exact argument in the video
That one's not exactly an uncommon argument. Pretty much all the cartoons of those eras were and it's not a secret. The flipside to this is people still gave a shit even when making those things so it's not the be all, end all standard to look at them as. There's an entire He-Man comic collection full of nostalgic articles by the comics and cartoon guys who were hired on to do toy commercials and tie-ins and still tried their best.

And also a few who didn't care even a single bit, but a paycheck's a paycheck.
>>
File: clowning about.png (217 KB, 600x315)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>131464520
>>
>>131458405
CGI isn't expensive because of computers. The same way AAA videogame production isn't expensive because you need super computers or something. Both are expensive because actually making the damn models and textures and animating everything properly takes a shitton of man hours. More and more as fidelity demands increase. Paying all those people to work for years on end balloons budgets before you even get to the marketing stuff which can double it for these monstrosities.

That's why the work for movies, and games where possible, gets farmed out to shit tier third world economies. Because you can pay people way less to do this stuff. The cost of the tech and render time is ancillary in comparison.
>>
>>131427976
Huh...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.