[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20220114_220847.jpg (225 KB, 720x660)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
Is it happening bros?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/black-panther-2-filming-letitia-wright-return-1235070429/
>>
>>128245721
Based, mbaku was so much cooler then tchalla
>>
I hope this film bombs and Iger's "favorite moment in his career other then buying IP" gets shattered
>>
Should’ve been Nakia. At least M’Baku is better than Shuri.
>>
>>128245732
> Implying Iger cares.
He left and is probably happy he does not have to explain to investors why MCU profits look like shit
>>
>canceling a black woman because she has independent thought
I spit in their faces
>>
I just don't like the idea of him ditching his superior animal for a shitty cat.
>>
Good. Black Panther should be a man.
>>
>>128245721
Hope it’s true watch black women seethe.
>>
>>128245732
Not a chance in hell it bombs, black panther probably has the most passionate fanbase of all the marvel characters right now. It won't do NWH money, but it won't bomb
>>
>>128245937
>black women

You mean "woke" white men on Twitter. No black woman wants a female Black Panther.
>>
>>128245924
Came to say this and I'm actually shocked someone else had the same autistic thought that I had.
>>
File: intro-1579631785.jpg (65 KB, 1000x562)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>128246005
People will show up just because the actor died anyways. Around the time it comes out, there will be a ton of people suddenly talking about him and his face will be everywhere.
>>
>>128246141
Honestly it will probably be even bigger than your example. Outside of the Fast & Furious franchise Paul Walker was a fucking nobody, while Boseman was a respected dramatic actor before and after he was cast as T'Challa.
>>
>>128246170
Boseman was a nobody before the black superhero commercial film
>>
>>128246033
True either way imma be laughing
>>
>>128245919
>a black woman ruining her career because she refuses to get the shot she needs to do her job
ftfy
>>
>>128245898
>happy he does not have to explain to investors why MCU profits look like shit

In what universe do you anti-MCU fags live? Because it’s definitely not this one.
>>
>>128246291
In a universe where black widow, shang qi and eternals exist
>>
>>128245919
Just because your thought is “independent” doesn’t mean it’s right. Anti-vax is dumb as shit.
>>
>>128245721
For fucks' sake, just recast BP by this point.

Coming from someone who loved the first movie, this is the only way to save this shitshow.

>>128245929
Unironically kinda agree with this? At least for the time being. Maybe give us a female BP in the future or something but now is not the time. You can't just pull that shit after only one solo movie.

>>128246033
No black woman wants a retard to be BP, period. There's a lot of self-respecting black women out there who'd rather not be represented by a dumb bitch.
>>
>>128246291
Disney doesn't get any of that money
>>
>>128245721
He got Disney to pay out?
How did Terrance Howard fuck up?
>>
>>128247844
Probably because he was backed up by Feige/Marvel.
>>
>>128246486
>black widow, shang qi and eternals

All of those movies made a lot of money
>>
>>128248139
Yeah right lmao
Black Widow's budget was $200 million, the box office was 379.6 million. Theatres take 50% cut so it didn't even recuperate losses.
Shang Qi: $150–200 million budget and $432.2 million box office. I'll be generous and say it made them marginal profit.
Eternals was also 200 and made 400 in box office. It just broke even.
That's not only a commercial failure because they pissed away everything they gained with phase 3 when any movie would *at least* make over half a billion in box office, they're not even making them money at all
>>
>>128245721
I doubt it, but I think that would make for a much more interesting dynamic than a recast or the sister. Isolationist thrown into the big shoes of his rival and having to move forward with the decisions he disagreed with.
>>
>>128246170
I never heard of him before his capeflick.
>>
>>128248225
Oh Disney negotiates receiving much more than 50% man. They get more around 60-65% because a theater isnt going to turn down selling that many tickets. Disney pulls more weight. Also you're not factoring in money made off of Disney+ or the fact the numbers were projected to be low anyway because of the pandemic. Lower numbers could still be considered a success given the circumstances.
>>
File: 1549250269262.png (114 KB, 340x277)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>128245721
why the FUCK don't they just recast? I get that people liked Chadwick, I did too until BP came out but he was an actor not Jesus there is literally nothing wrong with just getting another actor to play T'Challa
>>
>>128245919
I don't agree with the reasoning, but I've been rooting for mbaku since the start
>>
>>128245919
I hate women getting jobs, but I hate the vaccine just as much. Man, I don't know what to think any more man.
>>
>>128248225
>Theatres take 50% cut so it didn't even recuperate losses.

Theaters MIGHT take 50% of the cut over the course of an average film's box office run; studios take a much higher percentage of the box office for the first few weeks with the theaters keeping more the longer it runs. A film that wasn't in theaters very long would have more of its money going directly to the studio as a result.

That's why opening weekends are so important for studios and also why theater chains hate the idea of day-of-release streaming options. A film that made $100 million in one weekend and then left theaters might well make twenty to thirty million more for the studio than a film earning the same amount in two months.

That's also why concession prices are so high since theater chains actually make most of their money there rather than from ticket sales.
>>
>>128245721
I like how everyone is in agreement that it's a good thing Based M'baku is getting the title.
>>
>>128246005
>Not a chance in hell it bombs
Depends on the state of the pandemic, I could easily see it as a Shang-Chi situation if things don't go back to at least 90% normal by the time it's out
>>
>>128245924
>Bast gives the mainstream Wakandans Vibranium
>They fuck up their culture
>Hanuman gives the Jabari magic wood
>They beat the shit out of the other tribes and their advanced technology in pitched battle with UNGA BUNGA caveman tactics
Fuck. I never thought about it this way but you raise a good point.
>>
>>128245919
Bitch thought something was a satanic plot because it had "luciferous" in its name, that's not an independent thought it's fucking insanity. She got dumped for the same reason Terrence Howard was as soon as he started making any waves at all, they don't want crazy people screwing up their billion dollar franchise and take any shot they've got to get rid of crazies.
>>
>>128245721
>Black Panther without Black Panther
Why even bother?
Just cancel it at this point.
>>
>>128249271
I mean even before T'Challa died they wrote it as M'Baku being the one who took care of Wakanda in his absence, and then when T'Challa came back he immediately mobilised forces to fight with him. It would be silly for anyone else to get the title when this dude has already been an interim king/panther and proven himself capable.
>>
>>128247628
They're getting 25% of box office earnings.
>>
>>128249322
It makes sense when you put it like that, it's just a bit odd to stop and think about how much of this guy's arc happened offscreen. Yeah, I get that his character is basically to set up the asshole rival only to reveal he's noble in his own way, but he seems to be way more tight with T'challa in Infinity War than BP. And we never got a look at his decisionmaking process before rescuing T'challa in BP for that matter-probably deliberately, but still.
>>
>>128246874
>dumb bitch
She's an actress. Of course she's a dumb bitch.
>>
>>128249294
Terence Howard is crazy? News to me, but it explains a lot.

>>128249322
>Hyperadvanced african civilisation is actually riddled with deepseated societal problems
>Primitive isolationists are actually based
People complain about BP being woke as fuck, but looking at the actual plot it's pretty alright. In terms of being almost Boondocks-tier about how blacks are their own worst enemies.
>>
>>128245721
I’m really surprised he neither died nor got dusted in the Endgame duology.
>>
>>128249367
>Terence Howard is crazy?
He was known for having rage problems and being a woman-beater even before he went down the schizo route he's been down since he got booted from Iron Man, saying he can prove that 1x1=2 and the world's math is wrong. I'm really surprised you haven't heard of it.
>>
>>128245732
black panther movies could be nothing but a guy in the costume shitting on a plate and they'd still break box office records because he's the new cultural hero blacks and western leftists worship
>>128249440
>saying he can prove that 1x1=2 and the world's math is wrong
if only he'd waited till now to come up with this shit considering the "there are no wrong answers in math (if black people came up with them)" shit is extremely current these days
>>
>>128249440
I'm really not into celeb shit although youtube won't stop pushing Heard vs Depp in my recs so I missed it, but yeah that's some crazykino alright.
>>
>>128249121
Chances are they planned to have someone else be black panther from the start and his role was small enough to just get written out.

Or marketing showed Reddit would burn theatres down unless it was Idriss Elba or the only other two black guys they know, these days I wouldn't even be surprised.
>>
He's a big man
>>
>>128249502
4 me.
>>
>>128246178
>>128248899
Lol
>>
>>128249490
>Goku, icon of the black community
I mean, it's not even wrong.
>>
>>128249490
I'm gonna have to contact Viz so they can remove Floyd's lips.
>>
>>128246279
>>128246557
>>128249294
>All the evidence pointing to the fact the vaccines were pushed purely for monatary gain, as over the counter cold treatments were just as effective

The Vaccines don't prevent the spread of the virus, and don't do anything to prevent the symptoms after around 8 weeks.

Meanwhile all the studies showing Flu antibodies provided protection just as much as the vaccine for longer mean all the lockdowns, boosters and vaccines were completely and utterly pointless and may have heavily impacted the health sector for the worse.
>>
>>128245721
Who cares first one was garbage anyway.
>>
>>128248978
>>128249266
Ok, say they take more than 50%, which makes black widow and eternals generate marginal profits. How's that not shit profits when they used to make double of the invested sum at least?
Moreover, muh pandemic seems to be clearly irrelevant as shown by how well spider-man did despite coming out right in the middle of omicron outbreak.
>Also you're not factoring in money made off of Disney+
Cause you can't, it's not a pay-per-view service, how can you even count that. Besides, isn't the whole D+ still runs at a loss?
>>
>>128249848
Nobody cares. She thought it was a satanic plot because of the name of a compound used in various medical things. She's a nutso.
>>
>>128245721
no one will watch this
>>
>>128250138
I will if based M'Baku wins the Pantherbowl.
>>
>>128245919
She’s a “microchips and 5g and Satan” antivaxxer, not a “data isn’t conclusive” antivaxxer.
>>
>>128248225
you’re a retard
>>
>>128252559
Nice argument, troglodyte
>>
>>128249294
Shut up White man.
>>
>>128245721
Bring MBJ back or just cancel it.
>>
>>128246005
he's not even gonna be in it
he ded
>>
>>128249930
So fewer deaths after mass vaccination happened is simply correlation?
>>
>>128245919
Her fucking problem was engaging people on twitter, not her thoughts. If this had been an incident that took place during filming instead of Wright chimping out and getting aggressive on twitter, it wouldn't have snowballed like it did. I mean, look at Evangeline Lilly, she was cooler about it and she's still on Ant-Man 3.
>>
>>128245721
He is the best option
>>
>>128254812
>If this had been an incident that took place during filming
I promise you that they would have wanted to kick out any actor who started going on about Lucifer putting 666 microchips in the vaccine while shooting a movie.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.