[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1642195811447.png (1021 KB, 695x746)
1021 KB
1021 KB PNG
I the Flash always stupid like this ?

https://youtu.be/c9Xh7_XvnFI
https://youtu.be/Goqct1QYxdY

Writers do not understand super speed.
>>
>>128245544
They're being controlled by Ivy here, who is not accustomed to super speed. I imagine if Flash were in control of his body, he wouldn't be jobbing to fucking Catwoman.
Still a stupid moment.
>>
>>128245544
(Sad trombone).
>>
>>128246085
God this is just the perfect example of the stupid mental gymnatic "skill" retards have to do to justify just being completely outclassed.
>>
File: Speedforce.jpg (38 KB, 589x399)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>128245544
>Is the Flash always stupid like this ?
You mean under-using/ignoring his established powers for STORY? Yes, most often.
>Writers do not understand super speed.
Comic writers are High School D students with a shaky grasp of physics, math and pretty much everything that isn't "wishing that red-headed girl in class would talk to me."
>>
>>128245943
>They're being controlled by Ivy here
Are they also controlled by Ivy in that TV show ? For 3 seasons ?
>>
>>128246211
They are being controlled by insane female supremacists, so the Ivy principle still applies.
>>
File: JL_13_TheGroup_020.jpg (1006 KB, 1073x1650)
1006 KB
1006 KB JPG
>>128245544
A cat is fine.
>>
>>128245943
>>128246085
Reminder that Flash can canonically move at 13 trillion times the speed of light, (not his top speed btw), but he's just gosh darn susceptible to preptime.
>>
File: 1642012433681-1.jpg (1.16 MB, 1825x1920)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
>>128245943
Nice explanation. Can you explain this pic?
>>
>>128246085
>>128246117

Reading this makes no sense its like I'm taking crazy pills !
>>
>>128246177
>You mean under-using/ignoring his established powers for STORY?
This.
>Comic writers are High School D students with a shaky grasp of physics,
Can they grasp that fists travel slower then bullets ?
>>
File: stupid-retarded.gif (126 KB, 498x216)
126 KB
126 KB GIF
>>128246441
>>128246177
Am I the only one who thinks that the writers should make up a new speedster ?

Like invent a guy who can run super fast however has no speed react and thinks in human speed.

Oh he can run at the speed of sound there only he has no awareness when he does it and must pre calculate the path and then go blind ?

OR a speedster that can go as fast as he can ... only as his speed increases his retardation increases and the effects stay, like getting drunk. And every time he enters super speed he pays for this in intelligence, the faster he gets the more retarded he gets. The effect reverses after X time.
>>
>>128245544
>Flash always stupid like this
Bat Wank

>>128246493
>with a shaky grasp
... of plot

>>128245943
>Still a stupid moment.
YEP
>>
>>128245943
>They're being controlled by Ivy here, who is not accustomed to super speed.
So is Superman and when he punches Batman why isn't his head turned to a red mist? Or how can Batman take out Superman by whistling because he has "superheating" despite the fact Superman's eardrums would be as invulnerable as the rest of him? I know why. It's because King is a Batwanking hack
>>
>>128245544
>blatant jobbing to make other character seem cooler
Is OP always stupid like this?
>>
>>128246590
I've had the idea, sort of could lend it to be scary, but have it where someone's perceptions/reactions are super fast but they can't actually move that quickly themselves. Like, so they could see a bullet in flight heading towards them, but couldn't actually move their body out of the way fast enough to stop it from hitting them, and say, feel it as it slowly stretches their skin until it breaks, feel it go through tissues and organs, ect if the fail to stop it, ect.
>>
>>128246590
The thing is with relativistic speeds, as you approach the speed of light, your perception of time changes.

If you wanted some kind of realistic drawback, friction - particularly air friction - becomes an issue as you increase in speed. Think re-entry.
The counter to this in real life is ablative heat shielding. Ablative being that the shielding is destroyed by and in the process of protecting the space craft.
This would mean that there's a limited amount of time a speedster could move at super speed before the ablative coating is destroyed and the wearer starts experiencing heat problems.
>>
>>128246679
>>blatant jobbing to make other character
See the flash TV show.
Did the flash jobb himself there ?
>>
>>128246694
>I've had the idea, sort of could lend it to be scary,
Yea however this would result in the best human fighter he can precisely dodge every punch and throw the best punch. Like fights are turn based games for him. You still can dominate in hand to hand combat however bullets will end you.
>>
>>128246694
>have it where someone's perceptions/reactions are super fast but they can't actually move that quickly themselves
I hate to bring this up but:
Jojo part 5 has this; Giorno can make people perceive time in slow motion, making his hits and the pain much more intense if memory serves. Been a while since part 5.
>>
File: 20120221.gif (217 KB, 576x2293)
217 KB
217 KB GIF
>>128246755
>The thing is with relativistic speeds
I would not go over Mach 3 for the character in like ever.
> particularly air friction
He would explode his legs if they twitched at that speed. Writers do not understand super speed.
He can throw bullets at Mach 3 so he is a walking gun.
At these speeds he does not need to run and will be unable to run he can swim in air.
Writers do not understand super speed.

Keep in mind all I have written is max mach 3.

Also the flash will generate sonic booms if he moves at Mach 1 and faster.
>>
>>128246880
>Jojo part 5
No that is simply bullshit. That franchise gave up after Season 3
>>
>>128246971
I can appreciate wanting to reign in on speedsters to a certain degree. Particularly to just sub or even supersonic levels.
But if we apply realism to comics stringently enough, a lot of things start to unravel.
>>
>>128247065
I can honestly see exactly where you're coming from. Part 1, 2 and 3 feel like a complete story that were conceived of together as one conducive, continuous story.
Part 4 and part 5 feel like add ons that don't really add, well, anything to the story. They aren't bad in my smelly opinyot. But they're not on the same level as 1 2 and 3 to me.
>>
>>128246441
Deathstroke always has weird plot armor
>>
>>128247094
>But if we apply realism to comics stringently enough, a lot of things start to unrave
My theory is that super heroes and the flash in particular can only exist in the silver age. The characters are absurd and the kidsa re entertained while the over 30 can have a laugh at the absurdity of it all.

>And then captain boomerang threw a boomerang
>And while the flash dodged it while running at him at the speed of light he forgot for the 4565675785 time that boomerangs returned and th e boomerang did hit the flash in the head.

200% light speed boomerang return throws by a normie. Physicists commit mass suicide.
>>
>>128247147
>They aren't bad in my smelly opinyot
Remember when Giorno did have the ability that everything he made reflected all the damage to the one hitting it ? And he never uses it ? IT JUST WORKS !
>>
>>128247162
Wasn't Brave and the Bold a return to that sort of reveling in its own absurdity?
>>
>>128247180
Araki memory holed a lot of things.
Or he could just be genuinely forgetful. The latter is more forgivable than just trying to ignore what was previously established.
>>
>>128247184
>in its own absurdity?
YES. However the silver age did not make fun of themselves.
It literally was stories extremely young children think are deep and serious while the parents can have a laugh reading them. Only the middle stage of humans will reject them as stupids.

In my country there is a great rifting culture on these silver age stories. One batman villain is translated in a way that sounds so funny and you will not understand why if you do not have a perfect grasp of the language.
Or the silver age censored curse words.
>>
>>128247202
He should make notes in like:
>Name:
>powers
>abilities
Also write the story in advance since it feels like a retcon.

Better then the stats of bullshit the anime shows.
>>
>>128247238
Those can be helpful, but a piece of what may seem like ordinary dialogue could get buried and forgotten but could be important later.
Not trying to apologize too much for him but there's a lot to remember for just one guy. Easy to remember the abilities of any given stand or stand user. A lot harder to remember if what you're writing actively contradicts something you wrote 15, 20 or 25 years prior.
>>
>>128247296
>A lot harder to remember if what you're writing actively contradicts something you wrote 15, 20 or 25 years prior.
Over what period of time was golden wind written ? Serious question ? Did he not plan this story in advance since it was 1 thing ?

This of course ignores the theory that all the cool intro powers are literally click bat to get readers hooked
>>
>>128247323
Sadly, I don't know. It really feels like part 4 and part 5 were written separately from 1 2 and 3 to me, but that's just the impression I got. All I know is the original serialization ran from 95 to 99. Whereas part 3 was 89 to 92 and part 4 was
92 to 95.
Again, this could all just be my misconception here. Hard to say.
The one thing I've heard that I can recall is that during part 3, originally Dio was supposed to have all the other character's stand abilities combined; which is why Dio 'knows' when Joseph is using hermit purple to try to get a glimpse of dio.
Not a far fetched theory though, and hardly one of the worst ways to get people interested.
>>
>>128245943
>headcanon
Ok so what about all the times Flash was taken put when he wasn't controlled by Ivy?
>>
>>128246755
Don't forget simple G-forces, just accelerating too quickly could just as easily kill you or knock you out via GLOC well before you get into anything even close to relativistic.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.