[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: file.png (499 KB, 736x552)
499 KB
499 KB PNG
>"Finn, you aren't still mad about that time I almost made Jake suffocate you and Fire Princess in that hole, right? haha....wait what are you- no Finn please put the gun down"
>>
since she's made of gum
and just fuck her anywhere and its still the same, right?
>>
I want PB to Peg me
>>
Was this the episode that ruined PB?
>>
>>126342048
I'd say so.

It was the beginning of the episodes where they seemed to be setting up some kind of love triangle between her, Finn and FP, but after Rebecca Sugar left to work on Steven Universe, completely dropped it but still ran with the theme of PB being a amoral cunt.
>>
>>126341588
He’s gonna rape her into being straight again
>>
>>126342124
Is that what happened with every one of Finn's love interests?
>>
>>126342140
If anything, she'd figure out a way to overpower Finn's dumbass then rape him.

Or call Marceline to do it for her.
>>
>Frost and Fire episode was written by Muto and Ward
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>126342250
With FP, they just didn't know what to do with her since she was Sugar's creation.

All the other women in Finn's life were poorly handled as well, since Muto thinks Finn dying alone makes good character development
>>
File: 1633634186960.png (540 KB, 1080x1620)
540 KB
540 KB PNG
>>126342306
They couldn't just consult with her on how to manage her character?
The comics did an amazing job at it.
>>
>>126342341
the comics overall handled alot of different aspects of the show much better. I read some of them a while back and they somehow managed to keep that same level of creativity/charm old Adventure Time tv series used to have.
>>
You can really tell a lot of people here dropped the series before The Cooler happened
>>
>>126342306
>>126342124
PB explicitly said she did t care Finn was with someone, she cares about the destruction of the planet
>>
>>126342400
She also was willing to kill Finn along with FP....
also during the aftermath she appeared to be genuinely jealous that FInn was growing more independent from her and had relationship with FP
>>
File: 1588606629899.png (1.28 MB, 1503x598)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>>126342048
For me, it was the one where they retconned her age and made her an immortal control freak. It wasn't a hard stop but I lost interest in the show soon after
>>
>>126342438
No it was one of worry because he had just been horribly burnt and has to kiss a rock to be with FP
>>
>>126341588
>implying this is the worst thing PB has done

What does the vampire chick see in her? She could be with a million better waifus.
>>
I never finished the Adventure Time series but I never got the "PB is so evil" meme.
Like it gets brought up enough that I can't imagine they're all being ironic.

I mean she was just a benevolent dictator. She deeply loved her subjects and tried to keep them safe and happy, usually is surprisingly dark means if you put thought into it.

But honestly the only evil thing I can think of her doing was when she weakened the fire kingdom so she could be brought in and disarm their "not nuke" golems.

Everything else is just weak sauce complaints to me.
"Oh she would have risked Finn's life to stop Flame princess from burning the world".
"Oh she was reshaping some small creature that has a face so it must be sentient and this must be torture!"
"She had camera survelence! Clearly she is the more evil than any villain"
>>
>>126342735
she clearly has a warped sense of morality from spending years around mindless zombies and actual near demi gods hellbent on destroying themselves and everyone around them out of sheer idiocy. she's paranoid for good reason as she can tell that all the other kingdoms could easily wipe out everything she's worked hard to build up but ultimately needed to learn to let things play out and not worry about every small detail. that was the whole point of her arc where she spent that time apart from her kingdom but everyone seems to ignore that part to continue shitting on her
>>
File: 20210905_234537.png (28 KB, 387x688)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>126341588
>Listen, Finn, put the gun down... otherwise, I'm afraid an accident might occur...
>THE ONLY ACCIDENT YOU SHOULD BE AFRAID OF IS YOUR LIFELESS BODY FALLING IN THE VAT OF ACID, WHILE I'LL BE WEARING YOUR FUCKING FACE AS A MORON PARTY MASK
>>
>>126342400
>t. Didn't finish the episode
Jake literally makes a joke that she's jealous and she tells him to shut up
You're retarded
>>
>>126342048
This episode started the downfall, not just Princess Bubblegum’s, but the whole series’ downfall:

>Rebefag used this episode to catapult the whole lesbian shit.
>Shipping starts becoming an issue in the fanbase.
>Princess Bubblegum will start derailing from her original character.
>Episodes will derail from being wacky adventures to “wholesome moments UwU”.
> [Marceline no longer behaves snarky for laughs, and now she’s “Tumblr girl #2749”]
>The mitigation of wackiness and the search of wholesomeness lead to focus on relationship developments.
>The need of relationships lead to focus on Finn trying to get a girlfriend.
> [Finn no longer acts like an extrovert and explosive child]

I Hate Wholesome shit thanks to this.
>>
>>126341588
Imagine if Finn never had a crush on her, but only looked at her as a big sister and grew to despise PB as the series went on due to the horrible and questionable things she has done. Then gradually he lets go of his hate as the years go by and "tolerates" her at best.
>>
>>126343421
So it WAS Sugar's fault got fucking damn it! Even though Voltron shit the bed I'm glad the writers basically told shippers to fuck themselves with the ending.
>>
File: Cursed_image.png (13 KB, 94x50)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>126341588
>"No. Now get Marceline, I want both of you here for this"
>>
>>126342306
I will never not be mad with the lack of HW and Finn in DL. Fuck Muto.
>>
File: 1634096649436.png (306 KB, 697x904)
306 KB
306 KB PNG
>>126342735
>>126342901
What HAS she built up? An entire kingdom of lobotomized subjects, too stupid to care for themselves so they must rely on her? She's so paranoid she literally makes them retarded at birth. I don't know about you anons, but that sounds pretty fucking twisted to me. Also, implanting tracking chips and other devices in your subjects is gross violation of body autonomy.
It's clear to me and anyone with half a brain that she is just a kid playing in a sandbox, her subjects not people but things to her.
>>
>>126341588
Never happened. AT ended in season 2.
>>
>>126341588
I'm rewatching AT later, I remember it as having a a good like S2-S3 or something and some great episodes sprinkled in in the later seasons but mostly worse content. Don't remember PB as being that bad but I know she did bad stuff.
>>
>>126345726
PB is fine, /co/ is just butthurt about her, she is good and at worst morally gray.
>>
>>126342124
No, they weren't. The fubble ship died with Too Young, then they killed it again with What Was Missing, and again with Incendium. It was hilarious to see fubble shippers before the finale
>here's how Finn and PB can still end up together!
>>
Reminder that PB and Marcy's relationship didn't come out of nowhere like /co/ likes to say, their first interaction in Come With Me and shows Marcy knows PB's name, probably one of the first if not THE first time PB's name is said, showing they already have history with each other, and literally in their second interaction, What Was Missing, already starts developing their romance, they are probably one of the best romance in modern cartoon history, considering how subdued they had to make since it was a gay relationship.
>>
File: maxresdefault_(19).jpg (105 KB, 1280x720)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>Finn? Eww, who would date an annoying loser like him?
>>
>>126343192
As if Jake can be trusted with everything he says, and PB clearly looks annoyed at how silly Jake is being, PB is a pretty serious person and of course she wouldn't like a joke like that.
>>
>>126346259
>considering how subdued they had to make since it was a gay relationship
Yeah, gay relationships are definitely oppressed in modern cartoons. You hardly see them at all, they're so oppressed. It's a real struggle to sell a cartoon with a gay relationship.
>>
>>126346360
What Was Missing aired in 2011.
>>
>>126346360
I'm pretty sure the dyke protagonists trope originated with Adventure Time.
>>
File: aff.jpg (41 KB, 640x853)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>126341588
Do you ever feel like fans of a show joining the staff of said show is the worst thing to happen to a series?
>>
>>126342735
She attempted genocide on the whole fire kingdom you dunce.
>>
>>126346597
Attempted genocide means she was trying to kill all of them but failed to do so, she was only trying to weaken them temporarily so she could take away their nukes, after that she was going to leave them alone.
>>
File: 1000px-TrollSlaying.png (952 KB, 1000x618)
952 KB
952 KB PNG
>>126346281
He's no loser, he's an accomplished author
>>
>>126346501
I'm not aware of any fans joining the AT crew. Other than like, fans of the pilot.
>>
>>126346705
This is the kind of belief that Genophage apologists hold to this day
>>
>>126342048
PB has been in a downward spiral long before this honestly, the original PB was a Princess and Finn was his errand knight, it felt good and it was a great character dynamic, when they started to drive home the whole "age difference" and PB needs to be more "mature" for no apparent reason, she became a Monarch and lost the personality that most people probably liked of her originally, it's why around this time most Finn PB shippers made the switch to Marceline because she fill that void of a no fucks given girl that just wants to party and have adventures.
>>
>>126346883
I thought they made the switch to Flame Princess. Marceline was a less viable romantic option for Finn than PB.
>>
>>126347304
And then they dropped the show after Muto killed the ship, which was one of the most popular ships on television at the time, for no reason, causing a lot of people to drop the show. The whole thing with HW during the final season at least felt like some kind of apology, but then the finale and DL came and we know how that went.
>>
>>126347380
They shouldn’t have even bothered to tease relationships with Finn if he was going to end up alone in the end. To be fair, however, the writers probably weren’t planning on splitting up Finn with any of the girls he was involved with when the ships first became canon. The breakup with FP happened because Sugar left and the reversing of the de-aged PB arc happened because the show was unexpectedly renewed after season 2. No excuse for what happened with HW though.
>>
File: RussellAdler4K.png (391 KB, 560x587)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>>126341588
Finn, we've got a job to do
>>
How many people who worked on Adventure Time made a show that wasn’t shit? Luke Pearson is the only one I can think of
>>
File: Jakesalad.png (54 KB, 382x544)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
I like the ending in DL with f and j because it means their lives are going to be never ending S1-2 style adventuring forever. None of the relationship drama ever mattered because they're eternal bros.
>>
>>126347694
Pat McHale. Natasha Allegri. Julia Pott.
>>
>>126343421
I agree so much with this, fucking handle your faggot shit without causing drama
>>
>>126345538
she has made plenty of citizens who are capable of their own free will to the point that they hinder her on many occasions. it just happens that most come out retarded because she's literally creating life from nothing so there's bound to be plenty of duds. and she time and time again shows she does love her citizens like her children she just happens to have a warped sense of love from her early experiences and lack of stable relationships. like when she came back briefly during her exile the banana guards turned to her for comfort and she showed it them.
>>
>>126346806
The Krogan were going to burn the Council to the ground had the Salarians not stopped them, so they fucking had it coming
>>
>>126347652
>*goes commie
>>
>>126347304
Marci was before FP because Marceline had some episodes where she and Finn got too close and "sort of" flirted, also Marceline like i said had the personality that people wanted Finn's partner to have.
And yes later down the line people switched to FP
>>
File: D51Pu5fWkAM9yJf.jpg (249 KB, 910x1024)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>126343421
God forbid they give Marceline more depth than snarky teenage vampire. Rebecca had the right idea to explore her vulnerabilities more. There's only so many times you can do "I act evil but I'm secretly a big softie" before you explore what makes her act that way.
>>
Guys you all remember that pb got evil mad doctor laugh, ofc she is evil. I like those
>>
>>126348446
Marceline rejected Finn in the episode Go With Me, which was all the way back in season 2.
>>
I remember thinking they were gonna build up to a villain PB arc by the time I quit watching the show with all the exceedingly questionable shit she pulled
>>
>>126347694
To be fair, Hilda existed since 2010. Luke already knew how to handle the show thanks to his own books.
>>
>>126346281
This.
>>
>>126348564
>Rebecca had the right idea to explore her vulnerabilities more.
And they butchered her character as a result after she left to work on SU. Try harder, bitch.
>>
File: 20210417_145551.jpg (186 KB, 720x720)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>126347890
Cope. It doesn't matter if you show affection to the things you create if you make them purposefully retarded at birth. It's flat out stated in the Gumbald arc the reason why everything she makes is stupid because when they were smart they tried to get rid of her.
>>
PB is so hot
>>
>>126347549
>They shouldn’t have even bothered to tease relationships with Finn if he was going to end up alone in the end.
Welcome to the modern era where subverted expectations is more important than traditional storytelling.
>>
File: FAuVtyOVUAErMMg.jpg (430 KB, 1583x2048)
430 KB
430 KB JPG
>>126349375
no
>>
>>126342735
What is it about fags and sois with sudden dykedom in female characters?
Adventure Time, Korra, Hack n' Slash, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, like, two different Neil Gaiman stories... It happens a lot
>>
File: 1608748574227.jpg (172 KB, 1024x683)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
Adventure Time went from top tier comfy to a fucking slog to get through after they started trying to tell a broader story. THAT SHIT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK WHEN YOU'RE STORYBOARD DRIVEN YOU DROOLING RETARDS AND YOU'VE THROWN THE ANIMATION INDUSTRY INTO THE TOILET NOW
>>
>>126349639
It's the current year. For them, having Finn being treated as the most pathetic human being and ending alone at the end is considered a "breath of fresh air" while Bubbline is hailed as the perfect ship that can do no wrong.

Fuck the finale. People can shit on Frost and Fire, Breezy or Red Throne all the time, but the finale caused the most irreparable damage in the series so far, which dragged on to Distant Lands (and especially in Together Again)
>>
>>126349703
It could’ve worked if the Lich Arc was the last season, and the be-all end-all. The Lich is defeated, PB’s the same age as Finn, Ice King quits out on PB because he doesn’t like kids, and it’s implied that Finn and Jake still go on adventures. It could’ve been great
>>
>>126345538
>>126342735
You guys are arguing for a false dichotomy. PB does genuinely care for her people, but her relationship to them as a Godlike figure is incredibly fucked up. She desires close connections with people, but because of her past she struggles to form connections with people on an equal level with her. That's why she created the candy people. She only knew how to have relationships with people she was ruling over. That mixture of genuine love with her sociopathic tendencies is what makes her interesting. Calling her straight up "evil" is a bit too far, but ignoring how fucked up she is is missing the point too.
>>
>>126349801
The first Lich Arc, I mean.
>>
>>126349713
>but the finale caused the most irreparable damage in the series so far
I dunno, I think this anon >>126343421is right. What Was Missing was what turned Adventure Time from a fun show into a faggot spectacle huffing its own farts.
Shit, you could make the argument that it's also the moment where CN and other networks stop making show for kids and family and started targeting problematic adults from Tumblr (now Twitter and Reddit)
>>
>>126349713
Why does it matter if Finn didn't have a partner at the end of the series? He's still young. I like to think him and HW worked out, but in all likelihood it probably didn't.
>>
>>126349922
>He's still young.
Tell that to Star and Marco. And Steven and Connie. And Gumball and Penny. All of them are younger than Finn, dumbass. I'm so tired of people pulling this excuse out of their asses.
>>
File: file.png (83 KB, 350x497)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>126341588
>>126349813
>that one time PB created a clone of herself that became a psychic control freak and threatened the all free will in the candy kingdom
>had to use finns dna to create an equally powerful candy sphinx that would use its psychic powers to keep goliad in check FOR ALL OF ETERNITY

>>126343421
i feel the bubbline issue stems from the fact that all of marceline's father problems are helped resolved by finn. before this episode finn resolved two major problems for marcline with her father and ash. all this build up and its just thrown into the gutter. i dont think hunson and PB were ever a single frame together in this entire show
>>
File: Screenshot (11566).png (1006 KB, 1600x900)
1006 KB
1006 KB PNG
>>126349961
>>
>>126349958
Yeah, they're young too, and odds are decent they won't work out either. Sorry to ruin your fairytale endings.
>>
>>126348012
Patrician choice
>>
>>126342124
>but still ran with the theme of PB being a amoral cunt
That was my favorite version of PB, though. I was only mad that they made her fall in love.
>>
>>126343421
This
>>
>>126350049
is this the only scene they are in together?
>>
>>126349801
I just pretend the show ended there and seasons 3-10 are a different series.
>>
>>126348012
I fucking hate commies but honestly that should be the cannon choice. Anyone who GLOWNIGGER'd my mind is gonna get the bullet doesn't matter if it was so I could stop the world from global destruction.
>>
>>126350150
Yes. I don't see why it matters anyway. Your logic of Finn helped Marceline with her dad so they should end up together is Nice Guy tier.
>>
>>126350360
i dont know about you but those kinda things are helped resolved by your lover, not a 13 year old. and whats wrong with having the nice guy have a happy ending?
>>
>>126349547
if one of finns arcs was about learning to be happy by himself it wouldnt even be that bad, but were pretty consistently shown that he desires companionship throughout the series, although I obviously prefer he gets a bitch
>>
>>126349832
>>126343421
its a shame because I actually like that episode and the musics really good, but it was a definitive turning point for the series
>>
>>126350954
>musics really good
Yeah, it's a nice song and Marceline's VA is really good at it
>>
>>126350577
One can be happy without a love interest. It's probably a better lesson to teach to children too.
>>
Like nearly every AT character by the show's halfway, PB suffered from too much backstory. She went from teenage Princess/ patron of Finn to immortal godking who it seemed no longer needed him.
>>
>>126351264
hes starts off 13 and is around 17 towards the ending of it. what else does a teenager his age think about? happiness without a companion you learn a bit later in life. earliest i would say is 25
>>
>>126351264
With that logic, shouldn’t that lesson have been applied to both PB and Marceline as well?
>>
>>126350072
God forbid a fucking fantastical cartoon have a fairytale ending

fuck you
>>
Why do Adventure Time threads get made about the same things every day?
>>
>>126351196
not your problem is great and what am i to you is really solid as well
>>
>>126351680
The characters and their relationships to each other were grounded in reality, even if the setting was fantastical.
>>
File: 1536366495668.jpg (13 KB, 500x198)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>126343421
this
>>
>>126351323
>>126351533
I'm not a fan of the shoehorned lesbian ship myself. I have you ask though, if Marcy didn't end up with PB, would you be satisfied with Finn still remaining single, but happy?
>>
>>126352011
It’d be less glaring of an issue for sure. No one would really complain about Finn ending up alone of this also happened. Not to mention it makes more possible pairings open-ended and up to fan interpretation.
>>
>>126352011
If they didn't make Finn suffer over and over for his failures in love life yes, but they made us sit through countless episodes were Finn is just literally miserable for no reason at all, the correct ending should had been Finn and FP getting back together independent of what Marcy and PB end up doing with their lives, not ending up with a background character.
>>
File: dludw31474.gif (477 KB, 475x317)
477 KB
477 KB GIF
>>126342270
>PB being beat by a deer that Finn easily beat when he took it seriously
>PB beating anything
>PB beating someone that when serious btfo the lich
Uh...She's getting raped.
>>
>>126351816
Woke Up is also very catchy. Nice riffs too
>>
>>126346157
>morally gray
>genociding fire people
Hitler was also morally gray by this metric.
>>
>>126351878
>The characters and their relationships to each other were grounded in reality
Despite what recent media would tell you, not a whole lot of people wake up one day and turn gay all of a sudden
>>
>>126352316
What you described happened before PB was retconned to be an immortal super-competent genius. Early seasons PB can’t beat Finn, later seasons PB can.
>>
>>126352351
Hitler was internationally trying to wipe out all non-aryans from the face of the earth, PB was trying to take out a bunch of nukes before they could be used, some of the fire people getting harmed wasn't intentional, as she was only trying to slow them down enough for her heist to be successful.
>>
>>126352395
Anon she was always a jobber, she never beat ice king, never had something prepared for the lich and always relied on tech gadgets or others for her. Her only win is punching an exposed heart. In any match up where the retarded kid doesn't hold back she is fucked
>>
>>126352351
>Hitler was also morally gray by this metric.
It's a question of if you think it's morally correct to genocide a great threat
>>
>>126352011
they can be together i dont care. i wish they didnt have to assassinate two main characters for it. 3 if you count finn just constantly being shit on by both marcy and PB. some of the most stomach wrenching shit ive ever had the displeaure of watching was because the writers had a boner for making finn suffer incessantly

i kinda accepted the fact that finn was at the whims of the writers when stakes basically just pushed finn into a minor character role. was that really necessary?
>>
>>126352449
So using Bush logic of "WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION" is a good thing now ? If Hitler failed to commit a genocide it's still an attempt at genocide. The only reason she gets away with
>locking people in prison with no trial
>letting her butler threaten people who dissent
>killing her own loyal robot guards
>running a police state
>doing Mengele level shit experiments on her own people
>creating a zombie apocalypse in the first episode
If it was a man for the entire duration of the show everyone would have agreed he was a piece of shit. The reason she gets away with is
>she is the writers pet
>she is easy on the eyes and most would fuck her
>>
>>126352626
She pulled 2 zombie apocalypse lol and went full Hitler attacking the USSR because they posed a threat to his military might
>>
>>126349961
>before this episode finn resolved two major problems for marcline with her father and ash. all this build up and its just thrown into the gutter. i dont think hunson and PB were ever a single frame together in this entire show
She literallt said no way ever to him
And he never liked her like Bubblegum
They’re not each other’s type
>>
>>126346281
I wonder if the people who ship them know that both had male lovers. Ash and the dead candy guy in episode 1. This makes the dykes into bisexuals at best.
>>
>>126350577
>you but those kinda things are helped resolved by your lover, not a 13 year old.
Not really, kind of a weird logic, Finn’s father issues weren’t helped by his lover, neither was Jake’s
>whats wrong with having the nice guy have a happy ending?
Finn is happy though, you seem to think he should be rewarded with a person for doing good things
>>
>Dipper and Finn self insert threads coming out left and right

You fags would get along just fine.
>>
>>126352735
>people complaining about a show being retconned are self inserters
What sort of nobel prize thinking is this ?
>>
>>126351727
Because mods are hideous virgins that want to keep threads like Adventure Time And Star vs. Threads up for self inserting discussions of their favorite heroes.
>>
>>126352735
I like the adventure time threads they are comfy but they always devolve into shipping and coomers so it's no longer comfy
>>
>>126352695
>Finn is happy though, you seem to think he should be rewarded with a person for doing good things
I think the consumer should be rewarded with a proper happy ending for watching the commercials.
>>
File: 1536021988358.webm (695 KB, 1276x718)
695 KB
695 KB WEBM
>>126352364
seethe more
>>
>>126352839
>He thinks he can only be happy with a gf
Sad
>>
>>126352695
>his lover
retard
>Not really, kind of a weird logic, Finn’s father issues weren’t helped
you applied this logic of help onto a male character. a male character is expected to resolve his issues. that is why you see marciline's(female) father problem being resolved by finn (male). and why finn (male) had to come to grips with his dad being a piece of shit on his own

>Finn is happy though
you are the stupidest blackest gorilla retard ive ever seen
>>
>>126352626
Anon, the fire people had fucking Nukes, she was just trying to take them out of their reach, since she couldn't trust them, the fire people getting harmed was not something intentional, she wasn't trying to kill the fire people, she was only slowing them down so she could get the nukes out of them.
>locking people in prison with no trial
She was overemotional and overreacting, besides being blatantly disrespected, which would make anyone mad, also she is clearly shown as the bad guy in that instance, and she immediately lets them out once she calms down.
>letting her butler threaten people who dissent
And? What Peppermint butler does is bit her business, besides she as a monarch is always potential for a dissenter being much more than that, any security is best in her opinion since her kingdom needs her.
>killing her own loyal robot guards
Robot guards who were extremely violent, and so she had to destroy them for the safety of the public.
>running a police state
She is paranoid, she has a bunch of security cameras everyone because she doesn't like any detail slipping her, she is concerned about her people's safety, besides she deactivates all of her cameras and ends the police state.
>doing Mengele level shit experiments on her own people
What? She never did any experiments, unless you are talking about that little creatures were she cuts their legs, which I say they literally don't count since we don't even know if those are sentient or can feel pain, for all we know they are squish robots and that is all.
>creating a zombie apocalypse in the first episode
A failed experiment, she was literally trying to bring people back to life, and in the end she succeeds in doing so.
I don't know what problem you have with her, I feel like you didn't even watch the show and only knows about it from /co/ threads, I'm not even saying she is 100% morally good, just not literal satan like you are trying to portray her as
>>
>>126352862
>little to no prior indication or buildup at all
Don't know why anyone would defend shit writing like this, unless you're an actual dyke. It's better than Korra, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>126352839
Nah man, fuck the fans. Rian Johnson was 100% right about that.
>>
File: fetchimage.jpg (40 KB, 447x447)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>126352626
Based undeluded anon, this cunt knows what's up.
>>
>>126352886
>a male character is expected to resolve his issues.
>He thinks female characters can’t resolve their own issues
Tsk tsk, Finncels never learn
>>
>>126352664
Her first zombie apocalypse was a failed experiment trying to resurrect people from the dead, which in the end she ends up fixing the formula and literally resurrecting her people. The second one was a container breach for CB being retarded, Finn fixes it with Science's help, which he only knew he needed because PB said so, so PB also fixed this one, although more indirectly.
Also she tried taking the Fire Kingdoms' nukes because they were extremely dangerous and she didn't trust them with them, and she didn't go to war with them, it was a sneaky heist, she wasn't afraid she was weaker than them, she was afraid that people that she didn't trust and with her logic were unstable people had literal nukes with them that could destroy the whole world.
>>
>>126352626
exaggeration always makes your point weaker.
>>
>>126349375
Rebecca wouldn't have done any better with how dogshit the writing of SU is
>>
>>126352886
>that is why you see marciline's(female) father problem being resolved by finn (male)
1) All Finn did was play Marceline's song
2) Their relationship isn't "resolved." She was still shown to have a tense relationship with him years later
3) Helping someone out doesn't automatically make you their lover. Have you heard of "friends" before?
>>
>>126352927
The only buildup was some dream sequence that like Marceline has being an old dyke with PB
>>
>>126352904
>simping so much for Hitler with tits
Your excuses and very rose tinted lenses could be applied to any evil ruler
>hitler was angry and overemotional on jews
>dirlwanger was "blatantly disrespected, which would make anyone mad" after being in jail for murder
>Stalin killed the kulacs and more than a hundred thousand people since they were dissenters and "dissenters can always be more than that" be runs a state, and in his opinion any security is worth it
>Mao Zedong let so many people starve and took food from the countryside for the cities since his collectivization was " A failed experiment"

If all these evil people were female I don't doubt those who think like you would support them even knowing all they did.
PB is a bitch that has too much power for her own good. If the creators has a spit of sense they would have had a french revolution.
>>
>>126353041
>sneaky heist
>kills a lot of civilians
Yes I am sure the invasion of Polland and all the rapes in ww1 and ww2 were just "sneaky heists"
>>
>>126352904
>>126352904
not him but there are some things I disagree with
>Anon, the fire people had fucking Nukes, she was just trying to take them out of their reach, since she couldn't trust them, the fire people getting harmed was not something intentional, she wasn't trying to kill the fire people, she was only slowing them down so she could get the nukes out of them.
This is not a good justification at least in my book. Not only does she have no reason to believe the Fire Kingdom would ever use these nukes (not even FP's dad used them as far as we know), but the plan to remove them ended up putting a whole kingdom's life on the live. All this because she couldn't trust someone else to not use their weapons for anything more than defense. Guess she should lose her Gumball Guardians because they can do shit like stop time and have sleeping gas in them.
>Robot guards who were extremely violent, and so she had to destroy them for the safety of the public.
They were only shown to be violent towards confirmed criminals and took their violence out on each underground so that others wouldn't be hurt. Doesn't help that one of them is just chilling in a junkyard and not hurting anyone then when PB finds him she tries to kill him too. the real question is why didn't PB just reprogram them to be less violent or you know just hit the off switch?
>>
>>126352927
>>126353162
Come on, learn to read between the lines at least a little.
>>
>>126353253
>>
>>126352862
>seethe more
Not at all, I'm glad lesbians can be happy in cartoons, since it doesn't happen in real life
>>
>>126353156
a song she herself would never play cause shes a stuck up bitch. and its more resolved than marcline would ever try to make it because her character is all about brooding silently and let her problems fester. it only ever became tense because of what FINN did.

> Have you heard of "friends" before?
where do you think we are son?
>>
>>126353046
How am I exaggerating, if you heard this about any other character or real person that they commited these acts you would think differently. Can you honestly say the reason you are defending her isn't the pretty picture and that you think she is "sweet". that and the fact she makes all our dicks hard
>>
>>126353253
>read between the lines
They weren't dykes, they both had male exes. PB had a whole episode where she's brought down in age a gets along great with Finn, implying their biggest issue is the age. Even Marceline had some moments with Finn in her introduction.
They weren't described as exes in the pitch and like some anon linked were explicitly said not to be a couple.
It's very clearly a forced relationship caused by fan shipping, death of every medium
>>
File: PB_with_FP.png (1.44 MB, 1920x1080)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>126353034
>Bubblegum resolves her own issues
>all of the series it's proven she can't do anything by her own and just has others resolve her problems
While it's incorrect to say that in the series all females can't do anything on their own, it's not erroneous to say that Bubblegum can't do anything on her own. It's proven that she will only make things worse like advising a neighboring king to lock his daughter for life.
>>
>>126353168
>>hitler was angry and overemotional on jews
>>dirlwanger was "blatantly disrespected, which would make anyone mad" after being in jail for murder
She put them in jail for some minutes at best, she didn't plan on killing any of them, she is a person as well and can overreact, and it's not like people forgave her for it, her closest friends obviously did since they understood the situation, but Tree Trunks never trusted her ever again.
>>Stalin killed the kulacs and more than a hundred thousand people since they were dissenters and "dissenters can always be more than that" be runs a state, and in his opinion any security is worth it
Threatening is different from doing, she didn't kill any of those.
>Mao Zedong let so many people starve and took food from the countryside for the cities since his collectivization was " A failed experiment"
The first zombie "apocalypse" was an accident, and literally nobody died, in fact the opposite happened, she revived everyone.
You seem to have some weird hate boner for her that I don't quite understand.
>>
>>126353297
Yes, I can honestly say that. I'm not absolving her of wrongdoing, but she's not genocidal, come on now.
>>
>>126353373
They’re bisexual anon
You can date men and be attracted to women
>>
>>126353184
For all we know she didn't end up killing anyone, and invading other countries to conquer and slave them is different from a literal heist that she is doing mostly by herself to remove nukes from people she deems dangerous or untrustworthy.
>>
>>126353373
>They weren't described as exes in the pitch
Yeah, we know, it changed. As most shows do. The pitch doesn't have more authority than the show does. That's silly.
>>
>>126352332
good taste
>>
>>126353459
>They’re bisexual anon
Sure is convenient that bisexuals seem so much more common in fiction than in real life, almost as if it's a excuse to make a straight character lesbian later.
How many times has the opposite happened? Character started with a female love interest and ended with a male?
>>
>>126353491
>Yeah, we know, it changed.
Yeah, I know. It's what I'm complaining about.
>As most shows do.
Most shows didn't change because people were annoying in the internet.
>The pitch doesn't have more authority than the show does.
I'm not arguing authority, I'm saying it was a forced thing driven by fan shipping
>>
>>126353540
>Sure is convenient that bisexuals seem so much more common in fiction than in real life, almost as if it's a excuse to make a straight character lesbian later.
Well each work of fiction would be a different universe, and so far I count two people in all of Ooo confirmed Bi
So works for me
>>
>>126353485
>not killing anyone
>in the episode fire people die
https://youtu.be/KLQ-Tl_Z2Fc
I guess PB apologists are like nazis. You don't watch the show and you say that the six million dead fire people didn't happen.
>>
>>126352762
people think liking finn and wanting him to be happy (and in a good story) makes you a self inserter
>>
>>126353599
But he is happy
Where are you getting him being sad from?
>>
File: What_are_ya_buying.jpg (104 KB, 1200x630)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>126353599
I am sorry stranger. Adventure time is dead, at least you can filter PB fags since they try to use historical revisionism to me a tyrant seem better.
>>
>>126353540
They're probably more common than you realise.
>How many times has the opposite happened?
Dunno. An episode of Seinfeld did. I would assume it'd be more common for "straight" people to realise they're bi later than for "gay" people.
>>
>>126353567
that first guy died for being a moron.
>>
>>126353563
>Well each work of fiction would be a different universe
Oh man we've dodged really fucking far from
>The characters and their relationships to each other were grounded in reality
but that's to be expected. I guess that grounded in reality thing only works when I determine what reality
>>
>>126353251
The thing is PB's paranoia was rising conform the seasons, she turned to the fire kingdom's nukes because she has been listening to FB's family wanting to be more destructive, which she saw as a threat.
The harm she put the fire kingdom in was probably something she didn't fully consider, because she was turning paranoid as fuck, I'm not saying that she doing this is good, it's bad, the episode recognized its bad, because it's a character development episode for her, this is the maximum paranoia she goes through and finally begins to calm down. What she did was not a good thing, the episode calls her out for it, she is lucky she didn't cause much if any permanent damage and that FB was nice enough, but saying she is literally Hitler for this is absurd. Also the reason why she doesn't believe she should give away with her Gumball Guardians is because she believes she would never use them for harm, she fully trusts herself not to do it so that is why she doesn't.
For the Rattleballs, the episode is weird, but I think the implication was that they would become more and more violent if left unchecked, besides not all crimes should be punished with extreme violence, a burglar for instance, also, PB is paranoid, the Rattleballs were having secret deadly fights and didn't even tell her, who knows what else they might do and she doesn't know? Destroying all of them instead of reprogramming is radical, but she probably thought they were too doomed and reprogramming might be useless and just delay the inevitable.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (29 KB, 500x375)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>126341588
this episode made me drop the show entirely.
>>
>>126353704
Uh, I didn’t say the part about groundedness but you brought up statistics for some bizarre reason so I mentioned I count AT as one universe since if you use all of fiction to complain about gay characters, you’re kinda gonna get a disproportionate amount. Since like, there’s literally trillions of fictional characters and growing in all fiction compared to Earth’s I believe 8 billion? Bigger population, bigger percentages you know?
>>
>>126353674
>They're probably more common than you realise.
I doubt that.
>Dunno. An episode of Seinfeld did.
Really? Which one? Did it end with a good pat on the back implying she only needed a man to be happy?
>I would assume it'd be more common for "straight" people to realise they're bi later than for "gay" people.
I also doubt that
>>
>>126353693
PB apologist are now confirmed to be nazi apologists.
>>
>>126353725
ok simp.
>>
>>126353567
Only one of them "die" and we don't even know what happened, maybe they just fused together, maybe after they heat up again the brother came back. We don't know enough.
>>
>>126353743
>Uh, I didn’t say the part about groundedness
It was part of the comment chain
>but you brought up statistics for some bizarre reason
To make a point about the convenience if it.
>Since like, there’s literally trillions of fictional characters and growing in all fiction compared to Earth’s I believe 8 billion? Bigger population, bigger percentages you know?
Then that means there's also trillions more straight couples
>>
>>126353777
First, wasted trips.
Second, Nazis INTENTIONALLY murdered *millions* of people, PB maybe accitentally killed (we don't even know that guy really died) one person, they are in no way comparable.
>>
>>126353811
>It was part of the comment chain
Well I didn’t say that part
>Then that means there's also trillions more straight couples
There are
Congrats you won
Guarantee there are way more straight couples in AT than gay ones
>>
>>126353787
If the lich froze the fir kingdom you would have accepted in the first second that it was an evil act and that the lich is a monster.
>>
>>126353785
Not an argument, if you aren't interested in arguing in good faith then this is over.
>>
File: tenor.gif (2.58 MB, 498x280)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB GIF
I can't believe people are still this mad over bubbline. Get over it already, like damn. It's only been several years.
>>
>>126347380
finn and FP voices are still mad about it
>>
>>126353867
>mad
no
>confused why anyone thinks this was a good ship or why no one admits it was executed badly
FTFY
>>
>>126353831
If we saw all the people that the Lich killed by freezing over in the fire kingdom then sure, I would say that act is 100% evil and there is no redeeming it, especially knowing Lich's track record and he being, you know, a demon born before the universe itself and a scholar of chaos incarnate.
>>
>>126353888
>executed badly
When, they had the best build up of any relationship is modern cartoons, considering they aren't the main characters and are also a gay couple.
>>
>>126353893
>especially knowing PB's track record and she being, you know, am abomination from a lump of living sugar born after the war itself and a scholar of chaos incarnate.
FTFY
>>
>>126353829
>Well I didn’t say that part
Then it's not meant for you.
>Guarantee there are way more straight couples in AT than gay ones
Is it accurate to the proportion in real life though?
>>
>>126353910
> they had the best build up of any relationship is modern cartoons
>Rapunzel and Eugene
>Aang and Katara
>any half decent relationship
>why anon thinks that it's good
>"hey aren't the main characters and are also a gay couple."
Glad to see that PB fags are honest.
>>
>>126353910
>considering they aren't the main characters and are also a gay couple
Even in relationships gays are congratulated for doing the bare minimum
>>
>>126353982
>Aang and Katara
hahahahaha, no. Kataang was horribly written.
>>
File: Carlos.jpg (31 KB, 500x375)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>126353986
You could say "they are a pain in the butt". Or that's they are at the bottom level in relationships ?
>>
>>126353910
I agree with this. Considering it had to all be implicit, it was done really well.
>>
>>126354014
Let me guess, Zutara was a good ship ?
>>
>>126353729
it was kind of boring but not horrible, what do you hate so much about it
>>
>>126353928
>PB's track record
Which one? She is paranoid but has barely done shit just for evil, she always has good intentions, even the more questionable shit
>am abomination from a lump of living sugar born after the war itself
That is indeed a description of her species, she a sugar person, none if that implies any personality traits or actions.
>scholar of chaos incarnate.
She isn't, you clearly didn't watch the show.
>>
>>126354046
I can't judge the writing quality of something that wasn't written.
>>
>>126354054
>PB fags are Zutarans
It all makes sense now.
>>
>>126353725
>The thing is PB's paranoia was rising conform the seasons, she turned to the fire kingdom's nukes because she has been listening to FB's family wanting to be more destructive, which she saw as a threat.
>The harm she put the fire kingdom in was probably something she didn't fully consider, because she was turning paranoid as fuck, I'm not saying that she doing this is good, it's bad, the episode recognized its bad, because it's a character development episode for her, this is the maximum paranoia she goes through and finally begins to calm down. What she did was not a good thing, the episode calls her out for it, she is lucky she didn't cause much if any permanent damage and that FB was nice enough
While I agree "The Cooler" was a moment to show off PB's paranoia as a bad thing and it does an okay job at that. I feel the ending is a bit of a problem with the episode. It kinda hinges on FP being super nice to PB after the stunt she pulled even though she has little to no reason to be that nice to her.
>Also the reason why she doesn't believe she should give away with her Gumball Guardians is that she believes she would never use them for harm, she fully trusts herself not to do it so that is why she doesn't.
Fair enough I guess. Good thing other Leaders don't seem to have an issue with her having those.
>>126353725
>For the Rattleballs, the episode is weird, but I think the implication was that they would become more and more violent if left unchecked, besides not all crimes should be punished with extreme violence.
Then the episode did a bad job at showing this since the only thing that points to that line of thinking is once again as you said PB's paranoia. Doesn't help that the episode also shows they can charge to be less violent.
>>
>>126354065
I don't think Katara should've ended up with anyone. Having said that, I believe Kataang or Zutara could've been written well. Kataang just wasn't. It always bemuses me when people call out LoK's romance for being contrived, then turn around and praise TLA's romance with no hint of irony.
>>
>>126353951
Uh, so far it’s 2 to just about any other AT character, possibly including crowds
Gonna say yes
>>
>>126353982
Sorry, forgot to say "one of the best", fast typing, anyway, both of your examples are the main characters and are straight, that means they can be as explicit as possible about their romance, unlike a gay couple that had to be implicit so it could go past censors so the cartoon could be passed on other countries.
>>
>>126354070
Well the writing isn't perfect, for FB and PB they needed at least one more episode to show these two, unfortunately we didn't get any. And Rattleballs yeah they did a bad job showing it, unfortunately it ends up being something that is told rather than shown, but seeing how the episode is structure and how you can feel what the writers were trying to say, it "fills in" the patches, although that doesn't fix the mistakes in the writing for this one.
>>
>>126350159
I couldn't be canon because Black Ops 2, and to my knowledge the game hasn't been retconned, right... right?
>>
>>126354065
Zutara literally doesn't exist, it's like asking people about their opinions on things that didn't happen.
>>
File: 1619999325930.jpg (72 KB, 600x790)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>126354094
>PB fags are Zutarans
I now see no words can reach the height of your idiocy. You won. What did you win ? Someone on the internet leaving in disgust at someone being a Zutaran. Win stupid games, win stupider prizes.
CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE WINNER
>I actually don't know if the zutaran who reads this can understand irony or humor
>>
>>126354029
Damnit Carlos, this counts as a hate crime in the UK!
>>
File: 1614212922570.gif (169 KB, 500x380)
169 KB
169 KB GIF
>>126354111
So it deserves an award for participation ? A participation trophy ?
>>
>>126353986
They had to make their relationship implicit because of censorship.
>>
>>126354102
>Uh, so far it’s 2 to just about any other
Among how many with confirmed sexual preferences?
>possibly including crowds
Can't say those crowds are straight, they could be all gay
>>
>>126354267
I don't know, seeing the circumstances I would say it's a pretty great canon romance.
>>
>>126354267
>A participation trophy ?
Yes
Gays are like pets. They're to be congratulated for doing what's standard to normal people
>>
>>126354274
>They had to make their relationship implicit because of censorship.
But it isn't implicit. You're thinking Korra, and that's not implicit as much as "well nothing made these people interesting so here goes nothing"
Which kinda fits AT too
>>
File: 1606084147721.jpg (128 KB, 1200x900)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>126354329
It was implicit up until the finale. Which is why you still have people denying it was a thing.
>>
>>126354329
the copium of these fags that they cry about censorship as the excuse for the relationships just being poorly written while at the same time saying it was written super good
>>
>>126354365
Dyke fags can think as much as dykes can breed.
>>
>>126354329
It's implicit because it couldn't be confirmed or be explicit enough, the nature of their past relationship and current one needed to be vague enough so censors wouldn't raise concern, only the last season they could get more bold and it was barely nothing still, the only explicit confirmation of romantic relationship was in the last episode were they kiss, only because AT was going to get canceled anyway.
Korra is a great example of bad implicit romance, since there are no hints they had something, the show ended and if the creators didn't say anything people wouldn't even know it happened.
>>
>>126354301
And why are they a great romance.
>>
>>126353910
>When, they had the best build up of any relationship is modern cartoons
You are actually retarded if you believe this
>>
>>126354182
>Well the writing isn't perfect, for FB and PB they needed at least one more episode to show these two, unfortunately we didn't get any.
I don't think we could have gotten any more of that after all the episodes with the two together either ending up with their relationship either getting worse or staying on shaky without some kinda mediator there to stop the two from getting worse with each other.
> And Rattleballs yeah they did a bad job showing it, unfortunately it ends up being something that is told rather than shown, but seeing how the episode is structure and how you can feel what the writers were trying to say, it "fills in" the patches, although that doesn't fix the mistakes in the writing for this one.
agreed.
>>
>>126354416
>the only explicit confirmation of romantic relationship was in the last episode were they kiss, only because AT was going to get canceled anyway.
Meaning it was still bad.
Specially since the whole point being discussed here is that it came after nowhere because shipping was popular
>>
>>126354417
I like it because they both have intimacy issues. Seeing them help each other to open up more is very sweet.
>>
>>126354417
They had great chemistry, they took their time to work out their problems with each other, they were pretty cute, and had great moments together as well.
>>
>>126354484
Finn has been more for Marci than PB, he literally saved her from an abusive ex boyfriend, made his father try to understand Marcy more as a daughter that wants to follow his own path.
>>
>>126346705
Based Imperialist
>>
>>126354484
>>126354500
>PB fags only have "it's cute", "It's sweet" and other vague things
>"They had great chemistry" with no examples
PB fags are "special"
>>
>>126354470
It didn't come out of nowhere, their romance has been building up since season 3, implicitly but still being a romance, first going through friendship and then maybe girlfriend, only to finally be confirmed girlfriends in the end, they had to do this implicitly because of censorship.
>>
File: 1633832076181.jpg (24 KB, 600x457)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>126343421
>cartoon character grows up
>sad whiteboy doesn't so he hates cartoon now
loling at your life
>>
>>126354523
I'm not writing paragraphs of why this romance was great, especially to somebody who clearly isn't willng to listen. It's cute and sweet are perfectly valid way to describe why.
>>
>>126354555
But anon, I'm black.
>>
File: bubbline peck.png (1.17 MB, 1920x1080)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>126354506
PB and Marceline were on bad terms at that point. PB is supportive of Marceline later on, like getting Hambo back for her, de-vampirising her, offering her to move in with her, making nice with Ice King, and just being emotionally supportive in general. I'm sorry your ship didn't work out, doesn't make PB not supportive tho.
>>
>>126354526
>It didn't come out of nowhere, their romance has been building up since season 3
That's exactly where it started, What Was Missing.
As it has been detailed, it derailed the show and made those two love interests because fans like their chemistry snd wouldn't shut up about it. Even if it didn't made sense
>>
>>126354094
ATLA romance was serviceable, it wasnt really a love story but aang needed a love interest so they gave him one and set it up fine, I wouldve maybe liked an episode more to show thheir romance blossaming or smth but whatever, korra just kind of pulls it out of their ass
>>
>>126354674
>but aang needed a love interest
why tho. other than executive mandate.
>>
>>126354274
that doesnt make the writing good, why even include something you have to neuter and then defend
>>
>>126354696
thats why, I should have been more clear, I think ATLA wouldve been fine without one but they were obviously going to include it
>>
>>126352762
The /u/rinigger one.
>>
>>126342552
Aang having a love subplot always struck as weird.
He was the show's messiah/monk. If any character could be celibate was him. Romance with Katara is developed well enough though
>>
File: RTKV.png (228 KB, 358x408)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>126354913
>air monks are celibate
>air monks are seen to have kids
Dyke fags reach new lows.
>>
>>126354703
I think it was still good despite being implied. I don't even think it holds it back much. They still managed to tell the story of them getting back together just fine. It wasn't until the final season that it annoyed me. I wish they could've been open about it by then.
>>
>>126354973
Not a dyke fag, homo and didn't say the his entire nation was celibate I said Aang was a monk/arahant figure, meaning it'd make sense if he was
>>
>>126355103
It's just one schizo that thinks anybody that goes against his opinions are PB fags or Dykefags or whatever "enemy" fag he made in the start of the discussion, it's better to ignore him, he is not here to argue in good faith.
>>
>>126352998
>Nah man, fuck the fans. Rian Johnson was 100% right about that.
You people are the reason why western animation went to shit
>>
>>126355523
No shot. I want more innovative, risk-taking animated series like Adventure Time. You don't get that with a safe, fan-pandering mentality. That's the real problem with the entertainment industry right now.
>>
>>126356079
>I want more innovative, risk-taking animated series like Adventure Time.
It's a show that got ruined by shipping, fsr from risk taking as possible.
>That's the real problem with the entertainment industry right now
Yeah, they seem like each other these days.
CalArts style and and dykes
>>
>>126354696
He is the last airbender, he need to breed Katara
>>
>>126353886
Yeah, I know about that. Proof that Muto is an incompetent writer who doesn't know how to please fans other than Bubbline shippers.
>>
>>126342048
It was the episode that ruined Jake.
>>
>>126353886
I know about FP's VA not being happy but does anyone have proof for Finn's? (more recent the better)
>>
>>126355150
>>126355150
just like bubblinefags
>>
File: 1626696515481.gif (2.22 MB, 640x640)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB GIF
>>126341588
Reminder that 55% of lesbians in a relationship reported domestic abuse
>>
>>126357482
How does Finn break up the inevitable catfights that occur inside the kingdom? Coming into the castle to see two immortal dykes ripping and slashing at each other
>>
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fviolenceprevention%2Fpdf%2Fnisvs_sofindings.pdf&clen=1810261&chunk=true

Sex of Perpetrator of Intimate Partner Violence
Most bisexual and heterosexual women (89.5% and 98.7%, respectively) reported having only male perpetrators of intimate partner violence. Two-thirds of lesbian women (67.4%) reported having only female perpetrators of intimate partner violence.

Violence by an Intimate Partner
The lifetime prevalence of rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner was: For women: -Lesbian – 43.8% -Bisexual – 61.1% -Heterosexual – 35.0%

Basically, according to this study, the difference between straight women and lesbian women who report having experienced domestic violence is not that great. And given the fact 1/3 of lesbians have experienced domestic violence from a man, the percentage of lesbians who reported having experienced domestic violence from only women will certainly be lower than 43.8%

This meme is dumb. I'm tired of seeing it. Lesbian domestic violence is obviously a problem, but not significantly moreso than other forms of domestic violence.
>>
>>126357499
He doesn’t. I think after a certain point he’s going to get tired of their bullshit and leave the immortal dykes to resolve their own drama.
>>
>>126357437
This is from an interview around the time when they did the last recording session for the finale:
>I’d like to see Finn possibly finally settle down and end up with a Princess, as he’s been having trouble with that over the whole nine seasons.

https://metro.co.uk/2017/01/08/adventure-times-jeremy-shada-reveals-his-hopes-for-finn-in-the-final-ever-episode-6368644/
>>
>>126341588
>Finn!
>What the fuck.
>I go for one secret vaycay and you let the whole place fall apart!
>To top it all off, the PB sex-bot I left in charge has turned gay and pragmatic?
>>
File: PB fuck bot.png (2.34 MB, 1504x834)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
>>126346281
Then build him another one of thoses sexbots so he doesn't bother simping for your psycho god-king ass.
>>
>>126358683
kek
>>
File: lesbians.png (173 KB, 720x390)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>126357499
By getting in the middle of them
>>
>>126348564
Marceline’s depth wouldn’t be bad if it didn’t end up flanderizing her, her depth is part of her past, and once she met with Finn, she already got over it to live happy and careless.
But when her past came back, her original character was trashed in favor of an over emotional one. The only time she went back to her joyful prankster being was with LSP in Breakfast Kingdom, and that’s about it, the rest of Marceline was an introvert person who had emotional issues.

>>126354555
>character grows up
Don’t justify your shitty Flanderization writing by stating it’s the character “growing up”.
- Finn went from a overconfident child who never gives up, to Mordecai.
- Princess Bubblegum went trough many phases, from a caring and quirky mother princess; to a shady scientist; to a person devoid from feelings; to a robot whose only purpose is protecting children. But now we want to push her being lesbian, so let’s forget her priorities and lack of interest in love, and make her kiss a girl passionately during a war while her children are getting brutally killed.
- Marceline went from extrovert to a Tumblr autist.
>>
File: Simon_Petrikov.jpg (111 KB, 1000x563)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>126343421
Adventure Time had the issue wherein the new writers in later seasons would try and capture the same energy that their best episodes had without realising what made them so good in the first place. What was Missing and Holly Jolly Secrets are the two most prime examples of this.
Both are some of the best AT episodes with some of most standout character moments in the whole series, and they worked because the key scenes in them were not only well-written and executed, but gave new depth to the characters we hadn't considered before. But what ended up happening was the writers took the completely wrong lessons from this, and ended up only cheapening these moments retrospectively by continuously calling back to them in ways that didn't add anything new, just poorly attempting to recreate those standout moments by introducing contrived retcons or over-explaining stuff that didn't need to be explained.

It seemed the moment Rebecca Sugar left the show, everything went downhill for the main cast and their characterisation and backstories. For all the crap she gets on /co/, she seemed to be the only one who understood how to do the piecemeal, emotionally-driven storytelling these episodes excelled at.
>>
>>126359399
Which totally isn't weird because they're both a thousand years old, they're just happen to be "Growing up" in the middle of this series which only happens in like 5 years or so.
>>
>>126359466
Sugar had nothing to do with Holly Jolly Secrets
>>
File: AT_Beemo's loading.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>126341588
I was waiting for her comeuppance, but I guess due to to her being a dyke, she was exempted of such consequences.

>And for the crew to keep Finn single.
>>
>>126358683
>Uh buh Princess Bubblegum your sex-bot did literally everything BUT have sex
>>
>>126358683
it's not his fault, He couldn't keep every time together for like 4 years while you were away.
>>
>>126359399
>- Finn went from a overconfident child who never gives up, to Mordecai.
I will never not be mad of what they did to Finn. And these people have the balls to justify everything wrong with him as "he's happy". Oh sure, let's nerf him, make him lose every fight, make him as boring and pathetic as possible and ignore his relationship arc at the end, because we love pissing off our fans that aren't Bubbline fans!
>>
>>126342280
>Frost and Fire episode was written by Muto
Thats what happened
>>
>>126353910
>When, they had the best build up of any relationship is modern cartoons
You are absolutely fucking retarded
There was no "buildup" at all, PB and Marcy episodes were thrown in haphazardly and their entire "arc" has no real structure in the first place, there is absolutely no way you can disprove that they were put together purely for pandering purposes.
>>
>>126362324
But Pen Ward also had a hand in writing the story
What was he doing helping make this pile of shit episode?
>>
>>126362324
and Pen, and Kent, and Jack, and Xayaphone, and Luke Pearson.
>>
>>126362413
Frost and Fire was written around the time Muto became the showrunner. Pen stepped down right after Puhoy.
>>
>>126342376
Good.
>>
File: Bubblegum_Butt.png (170 KB, 664x938)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
PB's Asscheeks in a box
>>
>>126357670
>copypasting a link to an extension in your post
I'm not downloading your spyware
>>
>>126353454
But she literally committed genocide against the Rattleballs.
>>
File: There he is.jpg (119 KB, 640x360)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>126366729
>Finn sends these to Marceline after he's done with them

Real Hills have eyes type shit
>>
>Pb has father issues
>Marceline has father issues
>???
>They r both gay and fall for each other

Adventre time is 100% realistic
>>
>>126343421
based, this was literally the highpoint of the series, top 10 episodes for sure

>no it was shit
well mr. strawman, if this was the beginning of the downfall, then that means this episode was at the top
if there were other episodes that are better than this that came before, then obviously those better episodes would be the cause of the downfall
that's how slopes work
>>
>>126370565
started the downfall means turning to shit not at the top
>>
>>126353828
Wasted trips? Fuck no trips of truth accept them

>>126359466
I think rebecca sugar does get to much shit because of the messy end of steven universe. But she definantly had momentum going in the early years of SU and the time she was on adventure time I think it's just that if you drag these shows out for too long they end up hitting a break in the tracks and just derailing exactly because of what you said.
>>
Imagine the nuclear bitchening Minerva unleashes on PB upon meeting her for the first time
I'm mad that we never got to see that interaction it would have been the pinnacle of comedy
>>
>>126372884
Fuck a nuclear bitchening, it would have been way better for Minerva to go full on President Dick Richardson on Bubblegums entire kingdom of mutant candy people
>>
>>126372884
>>126374110
I can definitely see PB being very worried about humans returning to Ooo and getting Absolutely Mogged by Minerva while trying to flex her power or knowledge
>>
>>126363986
We don't know when Pen stepped down exactly. I imagine it coincided roughly with Adam stepping down from his supervising director role with Shh!, and Adam becoming a permanent member of the writer's room with The Party's Over, Isla De Senorita (episodes 20 & 22 of season 5 respectively). So basically 5.2 on.
>>
I want this thread closed now.
>>
>>126374839
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1615764067827m.jpg (125 KB, 1024x1023)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>126353777
Amazing trips. PB lovers are now problematic nazi fetishists.
>>
File: ErQdg9oVgAES87x.jpg (503 KB, 1536x2048)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
>>
File: gega85967f9.jpg (108 KB, 564x900)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>126374682
>PB and all her knowledge, all her candy people and kindom can't do shit against past civilization's tech
>PB's scientific discoveries and her bubblegum giants are primitive compared to mankind's tech
Kino
>>
>>126375192
Basically that's what would happen, but I was saying on a more personal level where PB tries to show Minerva her science stuff and she thinks it's very cute and quaint, which makes PB feel a little embarrassed or upset as nobody really outdoes her in this field very much, Minerva isn't even trying to be mean but she treats PB like she's some kid that just made Macaroni Art before going to get some resources to do some real old world science.
>>
>>126375242
Minerva's not a scientist.
>>
File: 1347441979244.png (75 KB, 648x648)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>126343421
Seems like everything I enjoy takes a sudden nosedive in quality when relationshit drama becomes a focus.
>>
>>126375300
No, anon she ain't a scientist, she is an A.I that can think in one second what what some do in months or years. Like what we saw from the Suzan cyborg episodes, PB is shit against past human level tech.
>>
give me a qrd on adventure time, why is the final episodes so criticized?
i don't remember which season but i stopped watching because seeing finn constantly getting cockblocked or something bad happening to him for no reason was getting annoying.
>>
There is nothing wrong with being a person like Princess Bubblegum.
>>
>>126375354
AT doesn't spend a lot of time on relationship drama. I think that FP breakup arc in season 5 tainted peoples' perceptions a bit. The vast majority of episodes have nothing to do with romance.
>>
>>126375416
But there is
>>
>>126341588
I said befor and I will say it again, I hope the dyke that was openly bragging about writing for an episode and having queer bait song is now homeless and being facefucked for a living.
>>
>>126375460
If among the majority of those episodes, the only noteable thing being that a character broke up, can you really say it’s a quality story?
>>
>>126376856
well don't you seem like a swell guy
>>
>>126376880
I don’t smugly brag about my creation on tumblr and call people idiots for not liking it, so I got that going for me. Also, I don’t white knight over some dyke.
>>
File: 6645677777.jpg (501 KB, 1080x869)
501 KB
501 KB JPG
>>126342048
It definitely made me notice the drop of quality as a kid.
>>126342552
I used to ship pb and Finn so at the end of Mortal Folly I thought I had gotten just that. I was a happy lil kid. Then the ending of Too Young happened.
>>
>>126376876
/co/ is not a good indicator of what is notable or not.
>>
>>126377070
Yet i still never heard a good reason to stick with adventure time.
>>
>>126353729
>Filtered by arachnids
ngmi
>>
>>126341588
The properties of rubber and gum will save PB.
>>
>>126342928
>You gain brozouf.
>>
>>126377229
If you weren't enjoying it, then there probably isn't a good reason. The tone of season 7 on lightens up a fair bit though.
>>
>>126375384
>why is the final episodes so criticized?
The Gumbald arc goes nowhere and ends like a wet fart.
Jake's alien shapeshifter dad is revealed to be another abusive dad (as if we didn't have enough of those already)
Pointless shit like Ring of Fire and Always BMO Closing.
Finn becoming a pacifist.

And then we have the finale, the poster boy of subverted expectations and the worst finale of the past decade alongside Voltron and Star. It caused the most irreparable damage in the series, and almost all of its problems carry over to Distant Lands, especially in Together Again. Here's my QRD from an older thread:
>the gum war that was advertised goes nowhere
>shallow fanservice for the sake of nostalgia (it remains in Together Again)
>that villain reunion from Gumbaldia goes nowhere
>GOLB does nothing
>Finn does absolutely nothing, despite him being the major focus of advertisements as the one who will save the day: he doesn't stop war (Aunt Lolly does), he doesn't fight against the monsters because "muh pacifism" (which still remains in Together Again), he gets eaten and left to die alongside Simon and Betty, he doesn't defeat GOLB (Betty does - and the same shit happens with the Lich in Together Again where he is stopped by Mr. Fox) and by the end of the finale, he loses Fern despite managing to redeem him and the treehouse.
>Jake does nothing .
>Finn's life is also left open because reasons (same shit happens in Together Again)
>there's no scene between him and Huntress Wizard (same shit happens in Together Again) while Bubbline and everyone else get something
>two literal whos I don't care about
>no scenes with Finn in the ending montage other than the end.
>>
>le rebecca sugar bad meme
>even though she was the only pushing for the best pairing in the franchise (finn and FP)
>muto killed it because reasons yet never gets blamed for it
finncels are just buttblasted about lesbians
>>
File: 304xgxwakds41.jpg (163 KB, 640x927)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
FP sucked anyway
>>
>>126377991
>He says when there are posts in this very thread blaming Muto for Frost and Fire >>126362324
Doesn't help that most AT threads before this one had their Muto hate on full blast. I will admit Sugar gets way too much of the blame seeing as how she left way before the rest of the AT team went hard in on PB x Marceline.
>>
>>126378164
What was the problem with pb and Marcy though? Even if you didn't care for it, it's not like it took up much screentime. There was Varmints, bits of Stakes, Broke His Crown, and that's mostly it. That's why I assume the really vocal critics must be either bitter shippers or just bigots. Bubbline was a fairly minor part of the show in reality.
>>
>>126378259
>What was the problem with pb and Marcy though?
IMO nothing, I just didn't find the pairing interesting (then again that's also just me liking PB less as the series went on so that kinda plays into it) but that's just me though.
>There was Varmints, bits of Stakes, Broke His Crown, and that's mostly it.
I remember Sky Witch also had some Bubbline in there IIRC but I get what you are saying.
>That's why I assume the really vocal critics must be either bitter shippers or just bigots.
While I will not speak for the bigots. I think the bitter shippers had every right to be upset and mad given how these same writers treat Finn's relationships romantic like shit or just left open for little to no reason while Bubbline I don't remember having too many bumps in the road or to the same degree as Finn's.
>Bubbline was a fairly minor part of the show in reality.
Maybe to you and me but that's clearly not how the crew seems to treat it. It got a whole special to itself just like Finn's relationship with Jake got a whole special to itself.
>>
>>126378259
>Even if you didn't care for it, it's not like it took up much screentime.
Although it didn't get that much screentime, it's mostly what represents AT these days. It became the face of the series. A series about a boy and his dog going on adventures before it got hijacked.
>>
>>126377823
I'm doing a watch right now and you just made me really want to drop it. I stopped watching around season 6 when it was airing so I wanted to see what I missed out on. I'm in season 5 right now and I'm just about fed up with the breakup arc.

Why is it so wrong to just want to see two brothers going on cool adventures.
>>
>>126381058
Latter half of Season 5 was around when Muto became showrunner. Season 6 is where things only got worse. It gets a little better again during Season 7, right after Stakes. It's only after the first episode of Season 9 where things got bad again.

By the way, for some bizarre reason, CN changed the episodes order because of the DVDs. AT had nine seasons, but CN divided an entire season in half. Here's the original episode order:
>Season 7: Begins with Bonnie and Neddy and ends with Preboot/Reboot
>Season 8: Begins with Two Swords and ends with Three Buckets
>Season 9 (the final season): Begins with The WIld Hunt and ends with Come Along With Me.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.