[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: THESEAREWINTERBOOTS.jpg (58 KB, 800x500)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Looking back, why didn't this movie get more love? It was fucking hilarious in hindsight due to how batshit crazy everything in that movie was.
>>
WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH BEE MOVIE?
>>
File: Ken.jpg (5 KB, 300x169)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>125760923
>I love the smell of flowers
>Oh yeah? Well how do you like the smell of flames?
Ken was a complete psycho and I love him
>>
dunno I remember it was marketed well and easily because lol seinfeld and b-movie about bees so random. is this some shrek shit again where memes cause some historical revisionism that something was bad, ironic or underappreciated?
>>
File: 1610373944523.png (357 KB, 754x899)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>this movie had a 150 million budget
All that money. And for what? Life's a joke.
>>
>>125761015
It have to be redone from scratch
>>
>>125761015
It was also nominated for 5 Annies.
>>
WHY IS YOGURT NIGHT SO DIFFICULT?!
>>
>>125760975
This scene is just comedy gold.

>Ken, c'mon. I'm wearing a bottle cap. This is ridiculous!
>I'VE GOT ISSUES.

>Water bug! Not taking sides!

>I prefer honey flavored artificial sweetener, MADE. BY. MAN.
>>
>>125760979

Oh no, it's not exactly what I'd call a "good movie" in any stretch of the word, but would have thought meme culture at the time would take off.
>>
Is it better or worse than Shark Tale?
>>
Patrick Warburton is a treasure.
>>
>>125761169
He truly is
>>
>>125761144
That's up to you. Shark Tale had a much longer development cycle tho, and it was a more important project for the studio overall
>>
>>125761250
>Shark Tale : fishes, great white sharks, blowfish, jellyfishes, worm, starfishes, manta rays, seal, clam, lobsters, hermit crab, whales, eels, turtles, piranhas, octopus, shrimps, seahorses, orcas, hammerheads, sailfishes, leopard sharks and commerson's dolphin

>Bee Movie : bees, humans, mosquito, cow, Winnie the Pooh and Piglet

ST obviously had the longer development cycle if you compare the amount of species variety in both
>>
>>125761617
Bee Movie also has a bear in the courtroom scene, but it's just Vincent's model from Over the Hedge with a different fur texture. Doesn't count if it's a recycled asset
>>
>>125760923
it was a B movie
>>
>>125761144
Shark Tale is a tragedy. It was the first CG movie made by Dreamworks' Glendale facility. It had a very talented and enthusiastic crew of americans and europeans who came from traditional animation and poured their heart into it, on top of a phalanxes of technicians and a fantastic voice cast / soundtrack.... yet it ended up becoming one of the most infamous animation films ever. It did score an academy nomination, but critics loathed it.
>>
>>125762946
>>
>>125763361
>>
>>125763382
>>
File: 1631030205146.png (387 KB, 680x708)
387 KB
387 KB PNG
Can we just have one thread without Sharktalefag? Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>125761912
yeah i noticed that as a kid. back then i thought it was a reference to OtH, but in hindsight it was definitely just a cost-cutting measure lol
>>
>>125760923
It's a shame they managed to hook Ray Liotta, and there wasn't a single GTA VC joke
>"Liotta! Remember the name!"
>>
>>125764152
like just filter her images bro
she always spams the same shit
>>
>>125761144
B-movie was bad enough to become a meme
Shark Tale is so bland it's just bad

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.