[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: NIGHTWING_39.jpg (150 KB, 864x1319)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
The only thing holding him back is the name
>>
>>125758110
What's wrong with the name "Fuccboi"?
>>
>>125758110
Which one?
>>
>>125758116
"Nightwing" is a retarded fucking name. Call him "Archangel" or Blue Bird or something
>>
No what's holding back is not being able to leave the batfamily and having his books being dragged around by batshit.

As mediocre and devoid of creativity Taylor's run is so far, it's one of DC's best selling ongoings right now and DC STILL couldn't resist the urge to derail it for 3 months for a crossover despite the arc not being fucking over yet.
>>
>>125758155
You're retarded,those names are worst. Nightwing a fucking badass name sounds like a cool old school cheesy metal band fuck off with your making capeshit overly serious bull.
>>
>>125758203
People always whine about Dick being in a bat-book, but it's the only thing that keeps him relevant. Otherwise he'd be shipped over to Teen Titans Hell with all the other NTT has-beens.
>>
>>125758110
Richard? Next to nobody even uses it. Just start calling him Rich like normal people would in 2021.
>>
>>125758203
Overall Dick is in this really weird space where he is clearly popular enough for his book to stand on his own, but thanks to Dixon's run setting precedents, Didio's hateboner for the character fucking him over for like 15 years, DC wanting the batfamily to stay under Batman's thumb, and batfamilyfags absurd standards, he and his books are just going to struggle for forever.

He can't build up his own supporting cast because Dixon barely created one (some good cop lady, some evil cop guy, some generic landlord lady.. riveting) and had Tim, Babs, and Bruce as main supporting cast members, so now batfamilyfags expect for writers to use the batfamily for all aspects of a usual supporting cast (ie friends, girlfriends, confidants, etc). Any non batfamily member of his supporting cast is thrown away by the next writer. He can't build up a decent rogue gallery because Dixon did such a horrible job starting one off that nobody wants to build off of it (and if they do try to build off of it it's also a horrible job), and any decent villain created is never used again (Raptor) or any villain who has a ghost of a chance at having some pathos with Dick is written just poorly (Dick's obligatory evil relative in the Talon guy). And that's assuming that his villains don't just go to another character. He can barely go more than a year or two without getting dragged into some horrible crossover that completely derails his book. And of course by being seen as Batman lite DC will just move any writer who gets good reception to a Batman book.
>>
File: SupermanBatman.jpg (502 KB, 1732x2560)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
>>125758203
On my earth we had a Nightwing/Starfire run for a few years, similar to your Superman/Batman
wasn't that good but it had its moments
>>
>>125758203
Better the Bat books than the current Teen Titans
>>
>>125758564
Better to be by himself than attached to a horrible franchise and a franchise where he plays second fiddle and gets his book yanked around like crazy
>>
Ric?
>>
>>125758383
It's pretty easy to build off of Dixon's villains with a little bit of reworking. Most of them have decent backstories so as long as you give them something to do besides being hired guns for a single mob boss they'll work well enough.
>>
>>125759250
Eh Seeley tried revamping some of them with the Runoffs but they were still the weakest part of the book.
>>
>>125758679
>Ric lasted longer than Grayson

I will never not be assblasted about this
>>
He should have never given up the Robin name. It isn't like Supergirl or Kid Flash which is a derivative of another superhero identity. Robin is its own thing with its own logo.
>>
>>125758650
It is still better than the Titians. The Titans are awful and produce zero good stories.
>>
File: 1541838644686.png (123 KB, 950x534)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>125758155
No, just no.
>>
File: pain-headache.jpg (233 KB, 2091x1434)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>125758155
Those names
>>
>>125758155
Fuck off. Nightwing is great, and ironically less derivative that the shit alternatives you pulled out of your asshole.
>>
>>125758155
I.. really? I thought you meant his name being "Dick." Is this a bit? Nightwing is a cool as fuck name.
>>125758203
Dick has been in this weird place ever since the Bat editors ripped him away from the Titans, where he's supposed to be this matured, independent man who graduated from his kid mantle but they made him another Bat-sidekick with his own poorly developed city with not really much to separate him from Batman's stories. Outside of the spy stuff, all his solo stuff just end up covering the same ground over and over. Like, his archnemesis is supposed to be Blockbuster, right? Does anyone LIKE Blockbuster? Does anyone find him interesting, at all?
>>
Nightwing is fine.
Dick being a part of the Bat-Family makes sense, he is the Batman's first family member.
DC needs to get better at using his friends throughout the superhero community as supporting characters in his solo book. He doesn't need generic civilians cycling in and out every time a new writer comes on board.

Babs, Damian, Bruce, and Alfred (when he's alive) are good, and the Titans need to be allowed to pop in and out. The O5 and the Wolfman/Perez team are basically family, and Dick taking heroes like Ravager and Robin on as partners gave some of his better stories.
>>
>>125758155
Nightwing is like, in the Top 10 coolest Superhero names,maybe even Top 5.
>>
>>125761252
I assume ypu mean post-new 52
>>
>>125758110
>t. Dan Didio
>>
>>125758383
No, what ruined him is female and faggot coomers as well as devin Grayson. At the moment what’s killing him is having a faggot like Taylor writing him.

Dick is otherwise one of the strongest characters they have from a personality perspective to having a clear and secure big brother position in the universe at large.

People that suck at writing dick are usually people that don’t understand the big brother little brother dynamic, just like people who can’t into Superman simply don’t understand a fatherly dynamic that isn’t resentful and bitter.
>>
>>125761034
You and me both.
Ric lasted longer than Grant Morrison DickBats and Damian.
Ric lasted longer than post-RoBW Snyder DickBats.
Ric lasted longer than Grayson in Spyral

Fucking HOW?
>>
>>125764819
>Ric lasted longer than Grant Morrison DickBats and Damian.
>Ric lasted longer than post-RoBW Snyder DickBats
Why are you splitting up DickBats?
>>
>>125764676
I honestly think the best thing DC could do is have original Titans vow to clean up a place like hub city or even some new or nary used city to prove they can make a difference just as well if not better than the modern JL.

You get the generation rivalry shit and can have the roster be a bit more fluid. They need to completely severe everyone but Batman and the active robin from Gotham. And bludhaven just sucks. Send Jason there to suck with it.

But Gotham is too bloated and just like Marvel’s NYC it gets annoying that they treat it like an endlessly large and corrupt land mass no army of capes can reform. It’s less believable than a Superman existing IRL.

I say new city because no way liberals running a company in Burbank will let SF be shown as a hell hole the Titans need to return to.
>>
>>125764927
Sever ties with*

Went full retard there.
>>
>>125764819
Pretty clear it's Didio being spiteful and wanting to sabotage the character
>>
>>125764819
>>125761034
Fuck off grayson was terrible and no better at all. And I do not care that it’s preferable to the terrible.

As much as I hate Tom Taylor’s work so far it’s miles better to have DICK Grayson back as NIGHTWING. As milquetoast as it could get his rebirth run is unironically better than most anything since he was Batman.
>>
>>125765030
gay
>>
>>125765030
How can you say Grayson was terrible then go on to praise Rebirth when it was the same writer continuing the same plot points with many of the same supporting characters?
And what does any of that have to do with the dogshit Ric run that was allowed to go on for over two full years?
>>
>>125766012
Because rebirth had him as nightwing. Did you even read it? You clearly didn’t read my reply considering I said exactly what they have in common, they’re shit. I’ll elaborate by saying it’s because it’s for normies that are embarrassed of reading capeshit.
>>
>>125766464
>I need muh fingerstripes or its shit
kwab
>>
fuck off
>>
>>125758110
Everytime he gets going, he's pulled into another Batman crossover event so he never gets those long stories he needs to come into his own as a hero.
>>
>>125758155
Good thing you arent in charge
>>
>>125768264
That's probably his biggest issue, he can barely go a couple of months with a derail of some kind.
>>
These threads make me realize I hate Batman but love Nightwing.
>>
>>125758155
mob mentality at its finest
>>
>>125758155
You must be a high-paid executive, considering how awful your ideas are.
>>
>>125764802
Women and coomers are the only reason Dick has any fanbase at all.
>>
Is Dick still some gypsy spawn?
>>
>>125773121
Yes. But it changed from his father's side to his mother's in the New 52.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.