[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: realpolitiks.jpg (343 KB, 1439x959)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
What is more "political": a fascist dictator that murders all dissenters, or a fat girl in high school?
>>
>>125744097
Idk but the dictator is certainly more entertaining
>>
>>125744097
The one that larps as political commentary but is actually a pathetic self insert for some goblin looking chick
>>
>>125744097
The one who isn't specifically made to further the author's specific agenda.
>>
>>125744097
What's Doom policy on obesity?
>>
Damn these Death Battle threads are getting weirder and weirder
>>
>le fascist

I wonder how many people who use this term actually knows what it means? Is 10% being too generous?
>>
>>125744229
If fat girls is high school can be called "too political", than dictator can also be called fascists.
>>
>>125744138
Fpbp
>>
>>125744229
>actually knows what it means
it doesn't "mean" anything.
the original people who used it had a pamphlet worth of political theory to back up their beliefs, and followed almost none of it in their government.
"fascist" is a word that people use when they want to say "similar to the nazis"
>>
>>125744226
Kek
>>
>>125744138
>>125744145
/thread
>>
>>125744097
DOOM is a theocratic monarchist though
>>
>>125744145
>>125744300
So you two believe that fat girls in high school are more political than dictators?

Who taught you that?
>>
>>125744097
>>125744138
The dictator. At least he does some actual policies
>>
>>125744319
>theocratic
He's literally a heretical sorceror
>>
>>125744319
>>125744417
Wrong, he's a Enlightened Despot.
>>
>NOOOOOOO HE IS NOT A FASCIST HE IS A MARGRAVE OF MISTICISM RULER MONARCH
Holy cope.
>>
File: 1622664097352.jpg (75 KB, 323x434)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>125744319
>>125744417
>>125744458
He's a Fascist Philosopher Emperor.
>>
The one whose use includes a conscious attempt at political impact.
>>
>>125744197
>Those fellow latverians that suffer from obesity will be forced on a diet, so says DOOM. Failluire to comply will lead to my glorious Doombots to sieze them!
>>
>>125744097
People who compares "political" like this are being disingenuous. Its clear, based on the context of the conversation people are usually talking about SJW lipservice when they say "political", but people pretend to not understand this.
>>
>>125744721
When Marvel writes that only under Doom's fascism can the planet be considered a good place, the political impact of that is lesser than the political impact of Starfire having a fat daughter?
>>
>>125744762
I like that you ignored the word "conscious"
>>
>>125744097
I honestly didn't get any political commentary from I Am Not Starfire. It was kinda whiny/annoying and ugly at times but it didn't really lecture anything the way some other modern stories have.
>>
>>125744264
>"fascist" is a word that people use when they want to say "similar to the nazis"
which is laughable because the Nazis were inspired by\copying the Fascists
>>
>>125744417
>>125744417
>>125744458
>>125744684
he is theocratic, it's just that the god that the god that gives him divine right is himself
>>
>>125744834
What is the political message pushed by I Am Not Starfire?
>>
>>125744097
a fat girl in high school
>>
>>125745252
Doom admits the superiority of God/Higher beings every time he invokes them for greater power. False take. He’s “god”, not God.
>>
>>125745988
fat acceptance,lgbt representation,feminism,etc.
>>
Doom is supposed to be running a successful country, free from all of the problems of the first world, with a technology level only a few decades behind the first world. But hack writers never updated the technology along the way, so it looks like he keeps his people living at a technology level closer to 100 years ago instead.
>>
>>125744684
HE'S THE APEX OF WRITING
>>
Doom is a fucking PUNK.

Everyone talks about how horrible a villain he is, yet every damn one of his reads, at least the ones that I've seen or been suggested to see by /co/, depict him as more of a fucking antihero than an actual villain.

Joker -- Killed Jason Todd, paralyzed Barbara, killed Sarah, etc.

Magneto -- Ripped Wolverine's fucking skeleton out

Green Goblin -- Killed Gwen Stacy, all of the psychological damage to his own fucking son

Doom -- The nigga delivered Reed Richards' child.

His big "act of villainy" there was just NAMING THE GIRL. Sure, you can toss out the whole "oh well he was proving that he could do something that Richards couldn't, he could help his family when Richards could not", or the bs "Oh well he's a classy motherfucker dohoho/he's an honorable villain" crap out there, but when it comes down to it, Doom hasn't done SHIT.

That all being said, Doom crying at 9/11 wasn't any sort of break in character or anything to me. Hell, I would even go as far to say that it was entirely IN character.
>>
>>125744177
I wouldn't call "respect your mother, dumb teenager" an agenda, much less political.
>>
>>125746212
/co/ likes to pretend that Doom did nothing wrong and justify his nonsense.

On the other hand, you are sort of right. Doom is closer to an antihero than most of the villains that fans/ writer pretend are antiheroes and attempt to justify.

It's a weird dynamic.
>>
>>125746252
> "respect your mother, dumb teenager"
except the shitty comic isn't about that at all.
>>
File: Notpopularcover.jpg (154 KB, 265x376)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>125744097
The thing is. Even if I am not Starfire barely has politics in it. And even if other comics may have a lot of politics.
Shit like I am not Starfire exists almost exclusively to push some superficial idea that's at clash with reality.

In some ways it's superficially similar to something like X-Men. Which was always about misfits that don't fit in with society, finding a place in the world through ideas that were indeed at clash in reality.
But X-Men had other merits beyond that. Shit like I am not Starfire kind of doesn't. And when things like X-Men was at clash with reality it didn't try to pretend its ideas were the norm. The opposite rather. For the most part it was very up front about the opposite being the case, which in turn actually made its message hit harder.
A lot of things like I am not Starfire try to sell its crazy fantasy as realistic or otherwise as something easily normalized.

X-Men could have ugly people and could preach about inner beauty and such. But it wouldn't just push fat acceptance or act like ugly things aren't ugly or paint scenarios where people just ignore the ugly things even though in reality they'd absolutely react to it. They're both wish fulfilments but the latter is tonedeaf.
And that's the main thing. Things like I am not Starfire may not have much in terms of politics. But it doesn't have much if anything at all. Has an extremely narrow message. And is tonedeaf in both its ideas and presentation of said ideas.

It'd have far, far wider appeal if this was not the case. It's not as if the plight outcasts, misfits, or ugly people don't appeal to people. And even boys will happily read about misfit girls, even if the scenarios aren't realistic.
Just look at how easily popular WataMote and Tomoko became with its manga and later anime adaptation. The cape stuff aside it's kind of the same general nature as that of I am not Starfire. Only less tonedeaf, less narrow, and as a result it had way, way broader appeal.
>>
>>125746212
Magneto also has done other shit (tho most of his memorable appearences are working with the x-men)
Norman killed Peter's unborn child and ben reilly too.
Doom did kill his fiance for magic, and all of the "steal powers" stuff he does with cosmic entnties.
>>
>>125746212
>destroys an entire universe in your path
>>
>>125744740
>"the personal is political"
>"OMIGAWD ITS JUST A FAT GIRL IT'S NOT POLITICAL"
slowly, I learned to hate them
>>
>>125744762
>Only under the command of a supervillain with supertech and magical powers can the planet be considered a good place.
You know, I really don't think there's any risk of that ever happening in real life. So yeah, I don't think it'll have much political impact at all.

But much more importantly, the Doom stories aren't written to push a political message (as you already know, since this whole thread is disingenuous bait), but rather to be an interesting read, making them far superior.
>>
This is why I don't support any piece of media with white males anymore we need to make white males political people need to see a white man and think it's political to have a white male main character
>>
>>125744097
The one that's meant to be taken seriously
>>
>>125746810
>while the heroes were destroying dozens as a solution
>>
>>125750122
they were only destroying earths
>>
>>125744323
This attempt to feed words into their mouths is as pathetic as your political ideology. Neither of these characters are real, they exist as mouthpieces for their writers ideology. One is a villain and has been considered a villain since its creation.

The other is a fat self insert denying a talented writer and artist jobs so that this could be made.
>>
File: 1629928737343.jpg (126 KB, 988x730)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
I know which one I've fapped to more
>>
>>125750268
Idk the art is actually pretty good in that comic. Just saddled with an intentionally ugly MC.
>>
whats the point of doing negative remarks about Doom being a dictator or facist or whatever when literally every single time they say latverians love him and every single time dooms stops ruling Latveria goes to shit?
>>
>>125749002
Do you believe "OMG DOOM BECAME A GOD ONCE AGAIN" to be a masterpiece of entertainment?
>>
>>125750310
I for one have came to the thought of doom cuming inside me many times
>>
>>125750341
If Doom is a fascist, and Latverians love him for it and Latveria goes to shit whenever they aren't under a fascist regime, then Doom's stpries are much bigger propaganda pieces than "I Am Not Starfire" can ever be.

This is some Mussolini shit.
>>
>>125744740

Wasn't it said that "the personal is political" Why the sudden 180?>>125747337
>>
>>125744097
Stop getting around my /pol/tard filters
>>
File: 179.jpg (59 KB, 1200x675)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>125744229
>>
File: 1602286965907.jpg (348 KB, 3000x2092)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
>>125750327
mandy is CUTE
>>
>>125744229
Read Orwell's article on "What is Fascism"he comes to the same conclusion you did
>>
>>125751858
May you share these settings so I can a good /co/ experience again
>>
>>125751842
now tell me why this is bad in universe
i read infamous iron man and everyone in shield gives shit Doom for being a facist and literally hittler (actual quote) despite the fact latverians outright said they would do anything for him to come back and rule.
>>
>>125752254
Do you think that Marvel choosing to write multiple times about how fascism is good isn't as political as Starfire having a fat daughter?
>>
File: Doom loves dearly.jpg (1.79 MB, 2100x3000)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
>>125746212
He raped Wanda, killed Ant-Man and Jack O' Hearts, decimated the mutants, killed Ant-Man's daughter, named Valeria only as a spell to spy on the FF through her eyes, killed his lover to wear her skin as a costume, sent a child Franklin to hell and raped Sue. And he commited universal genocide (years AFTER the Secret Wars ordeal) and is Death's greatest champion over Thanos.
>>
>>125750122
Doom's genocide happened half a decade after the heroes were doing that. Wrong storyline.
>>
>>125746212
>>125752924
Forgot to add, he mind-raped a child into thinking he was Doom and then he mind-raped everyone in the world into servitude until he got bored of it.
>>
>>125744097
it's still dogshit either way anon
>>
>>125744097
One is an entertaining villain, the other is political propaganda disguised as a teenage comic.
>>
>>125753484
The fascist whose stories are all about how fascism is good is not "political propaganda", but a fat girl in high school is?

Which school graduated you?
>>
>>125744097
You are a fucking retarded animal.
>>
>>125753530

It's ironic that Marvel hates Neo Nazis and Trumpertards, yet suck off Dr Doom as if he isn't the same thing.
>>
Why does this one guy focus on Doom being a political entity? He's done before in another thread
>>
>>125753686
Lurk more.
>>
>>125753704
I don't post in schizo threads often I want answers. Is this another Sharktalefag tier autismo?
>>
>>125744740
People just say "I don't want Politics in my media" when they really mean "I don't want left leaning politics in my media".
>>
>>125753812

Oh yes, because [Unsolicited Opinions about Israel] style writing is totally what all leftist comics should strive to be like. What are, a Nazi?
>>
>>125753575
>>125753686
Saying that fascist dictators are more political than high school girls really gets you guys angry, huh?
>>
>>125746465
That is literally the entire point of the comic.
>>
Would it be political if you made him black and a hip hop artist?
>>
>>125756215
All fascist are political, regardless of their color.
>>
File: South-Park-Cartman.jpg (96 KB, 1400x700)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>125753484
The problem with I Am Starfire is that it lacks the juvenile delinquency that makes Cartman iconic.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (69 KB, 1280x720)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>125754181
She's not an impressionable youth being corrupted by modern society
>>
>>125746041
Ehh, he admits it only until they fuck up. Then he kills them and plunders their corpses for power. Doom's magic literally comes from himself.
>>
>>125746134
I'm pretty sure the pastoral life is literally just for show. Everything that needs to be done can be done by Doombots. Doom allows people to work to find self-fulfilment in their lives but he could as well switch to full on robot work.
>>
>>125744138
/thread
>>
File: Doom Being a Dick.jpg (92 KB, 960x540)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>125752924
But most of all he is a dick. And even becoming "good" will never cure him of that.
>>
the dictator is more entertaining to me
>>
>>125744097
The one who feels the need to rewrite Shakespeare because they think Ophelia dying was "problematic."
>>
>>125744740
>>125753812
It usually boils down to activism. It just so happens that these people are really good at producing embarassing power fantasies about their special snowflake self inserts being the super cool underdogs, with the occasional pretentious social commentary and comically shallow characters that range from IAMSILLY shit to straight up offensive stereotypes.

Since it's socially acceptable to not shit on them there is no one there to tell them that their writing is high school tier. It doesn't help either that the animation and comics industry are activist echo chambers on par with a shitty college campus.
>>
>>125744097

All about intentions, the writer of the fat girl made it political, the people saying fascist/Nazi want to make it political even if that wasn't the writers intentions.
>>
>>125744229
Considering most people instinctively think Fascism is right-wing, I'd say that 10% is very generous.
>>
>>125750268
The issue here tardo, is that people pretend comics have 1) only become political recently and 2) that only politics the incel neckbeards dislike are "political".

It's fine to include a character who's right wing, heroic or otherwise (and Doom has been a member of the FF more than once so clearly not pure villainy), but including an SJW makes it political. It's bullshit by snowflakes who can't stand seeing something they dislike because it hurts their feefees.

Fucking google Kitty Pryde n word speech. Shit has been political since the start, we just didn't have incompetent writers and turboautistic snowflakes on both sides.
>>
>>125744097
How does she look nothing like Starfire?
>>
>>125759046
>Tardo
I'm sorry, I was going to reply to this seriously but I just can't now. Great joke post.
>>
Funny how thicc girls was first a huge fetish on this board but now it's SJW self-insert propaganda being shoved down my throat because stories now don't fat shame and simply depict people with more weight as normal people. You people really need to get a life.
>>
>>125747337
>>125751849
I understand nobody here is actually interested in learning what people actually believe because the literal only way some anons can feel good is by pretending everyone else is a drooling retard, but "the personal is political" means that the issues they face on a personal level have a political background. If I was bullied in high school that would not not political because i was just an ordinary kid. But if a trans person is bullied FOR BEING TRANS, that's the personal being political.
So basically it boils down to - do minorities in your view not get to have any books? Are fat people forbidden from appearing as protagonists anywhere? And isn't that the political statement, that their very existence in media offends you?
>>
>>125759056
>I can't interact with people unless they butter me up at all times
Do you ever get tired of how thin your skin is? Never thought I'd see the day where on 4chan someone using a bad word means they're a troll wtf
>>
>>125746134
What a load of false bollocks
>>
>>125759083
This, every one of these complaints boils down to "why am I not the only one being pandered to anymore REEEEEEEEEEE"

There's more comics and cartoons than you could ever watch in a lifetime, just... don't watch the ones that don't appeal to you. There will be plenty that do.
>>
>>125759105
>>125759092
>>125759100

So I take you liked I Am Not Starfire.
>>
>>125758789
>the writer of the fat girl made it political

Sure she did. Writing a graphic novel aimed at YA about a teen girl who feels disconnected and angsts about not fitting in and living up to the self-imposed expectations and standards they projected to their parent wanting and then learning to get past them by being themselves really is so fucking political because she's overweight. It certainly wasn't made political by months long bitch fests by assholes whining incessantly about the comic not pandering to neck beard fans, who were never the primary target audience, because the protagonist wasn't s stereotypical hot goth girl they have wet dreams about.
>>
>>125744097
The fascist wizard will hold my genuine interest longer than the fat cunt whining about how unfair her life is.
>>
>>125759117
I'm one of those, I never read it and it looks ugly as sin so I don't expect to ever want to. I'm just not an insecure manchild that I sperg out every time someone writes something that doesn't have me as the target audience. shouldn't everyone get a chance to be happy, to get stories aimed at them? Or do you think this should only be available for a small subsection of conservative while dudes?
>>
>>125759148
>It certainly wasn't made political by months long bitch fests by assholes whining incessantly about the comic not pandering to neck beard fans, who were never the primary target audience, because the protagonist wasn't s stereotypical hot goth girl they have wet dreams about.
You literally ended every outrage thread with this. Some people straight up weren't bullied enough. The anons who got buttmad over HE MAN and spammed the board for a month were the lowest of the low. Simping for one of the worst animated shows in history just because of culture wars, and then they call others political.
>>
>>125759184
We both know what their answer to that is anon. Manchildren without a lack of awareness of other people or empathy will of course only imagine stories that appeal to them are the only legitimate stories than can be told.
>>
>>125744097
>noooooo but one doesn't make my peepee hard and doesn't make me feel strong and special
>how dare something not be marketed toward average middle class white American male teenagers???
It's only 'political' if they disagree with the politics, it doesn't even matter if it's told well or not. /pol/ has always just been right wing Tumblr only more autistic.
>>
>>125758945
Fascism is definitionally right wing. Nazism is the one that introduces some off-spectrum weird shit like Aryan occultism and the master race.
>>
>>125759203
Ironic, given that superhero comics were explicitly associated with "outsiders" when I was growing up, it was something you instantly bonded over with another person. Now that it's no longer obscure, you get angry virgins, literal and metaphorical, who hitch their wagons to the culture war because they want to belong and feel like they matter.

But they don't know the material so you get inane shit like "Stan Lee is rolling in his grave" over the She Hulk announcment WHEN STAN LEE CREATED SHE HULK. "Hulk doesn't need to be a girl, stop changing established characters" ignoring that She Hulk was created 40+ years ago. It's just fake fans, anon. Real fans complain about the story first, not whether the protagonist has innie or outie genitals.
>>
>>125759497
>fake fans are the most likely to call other fake fans
>over dumb fake shit
pottery, bravo nolan
>>
>>125758945
Fascism is right-wing. It's heavily reactionary and born from the failed liberalization movements of Europe in the aftermath of World War I and the rejection of monarchism to create a single-state entity ruled by one individual to represent the state's will and to form a mono-culture of people and return to traditional values and militarism to support the state.

Get the fuck out of here you illiterate mongrel.
>>
>>125759528

I hope you just mean the white countries, because you're being racist for lumping all the non white counteues for doing the same thing.

Singapore and Malaysia are proudly fascist and I will not have you besmirch them for comparing them with Nazis because Muslims can't be Nazis!
>>
>>125759553
Singapore and Malaysia are both authoritarian ass states, not fascist. Now, politicians in Malaysia do have fascist tendencies alongside authoritarian ones.
>>
>>125759553
Authoritarian isnt fascist, fascist isnt nazi. A human isn't a gorilla, a gorilla isn't a chimp, even though they're related. All three are bad imo but they're different kinds and degrees of bad.
>>
>>125759563

They are also case studies against having more rules becaise they have way stricter Covid Rules than the US, but the infection rates are just as awful.
>>
>>125759553
>>125759563
>>125759599
Simple guideline:

Auth: I like to rule. I like it when the state does stuff because I run the state. Ideology? Does power count? I don't really care as long as I can fuck your wife and do coke with the secret police. Go me. Nothing is above me, I am the senate. The Leader is paramount.

Fash: I like a strong, centralized state that the people rally around. I'm strongly nationalist as well as authoritarian and prioritize rigid hierarchies, social order and traditional morality at the expense of personal, political and civil liberties. The state is above all else, even me (nominally). The perpetuation and improvement of the state is the ideology. The State is paramount.

Nazi: I think the fash guy had some good ideas but he isn't racist enough. In addition to the above, I hate everyone who isn't exactly like me and prioritize People/Race over the State itself. I am a casual genocide supporter but only ironically, mods ;) ;) ;) Also I dislike unregulated capitalism, but not because I'm a commie but because I believe Jews run everything. The Volk (people, race, nation) are paramount.

Ironically you can see that two fascists might work together (historically happened frequently) as long as they don't have directly competing territorial claims, but Nazi-type regimes couldn't cooperate long term. Only one master race that deserves the world can exist, after all.
>>
>>125744097
What about a fat fascist dictator girl in high school that murders all dissenters?
>>
>>125759671
Play it tongue in cheek and it would sell like gangbusters. The Dictator, but SBC plays a fat dyke. Piss off EVERYBODY.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>125759686
Why be angry when you can be horny?
>>
>>125759710
Go full anime.

>Kim Jong Un's little sister is sent to a boarding school in America after she executes the teaching staff of her Korean school after her first B+
>she has one bodyguard to protect her but otherwise no power or influence, assumed name
>will "Kimmy Park" survive the American high school experience without being able to send her rivals to the gulag? Will she join the cheer squad? Will she convince the Asian Society that Kim Jong Il never took a shit in his life? Will she persuade Chad to defect to Best Korea with his general dad's state secrets?
>Or will love complicate things?
>This fall
>a daughter's romance will be food for the Seoul
>>
>>125744097
Neither is inherently political. It’s like claiming that all high fantasy is automatically political simply because the existence of a ruling class.
>>
>>125759046
No, tranny, the issue is you seem to think doom being a dictator is automatically political
>>
>>125759100
This thread wouldn’t exist if your skin weren’t thin enough to be translucent.
>>
>>125760959
>Neither is inherently political
If that is the case, why is the fat girl in high school called "too political" by so many of you?
>>
>>125760999
Why are you speaking of and to monoliths that you’ve created in your demented brain?

Unironically take your meds and go outside.
>>
>>125760971
>you seem to think doom being a dictator is automatically political
Of course it is, you fucking imbecile. You ever heard of an "apolitical dictator"?
>>
>>125759497
You sound like a Twitter casual who came here to complain about other casuals.

Nobody said this about she-hulk, people are very well aware of her since she’s been in MvC we before you were born.
>>
>>125761013
Anon I understand you’re being slightly retarded on purpose to bait but this logic is like saying Namor or Arthur Curry are always inherently political figures. That’s just not true.

For the record I don’t think the fat dyke is political either, I do think it’s attempting to be more topical than Doom stories normally are. And you know this yet made this thread to bitch about those you disagree with in a socio political context.

Please grow up, take whatever medication you’re skipping or need, and go outside.
>>
>>125744097
Does Dr Doom actually do much politics? He seems more interested in his science and world domination schemes than actually running the country. Also fascists tend to be anti-intellectual, there are very few fascist movements that would want a Dr in charge as opposed to a general or major. If Dr Doom has any ideology I think he's more of a technocrat.

Also I don't think people hate the Starfire daughter for being political I think people hate it for being poorly written. I don't keep up with it though, it looks bad so I try to ignore it.
>>
>>125761060
What I would have done to hear MF Doom on Donda. Either with Westside Gunn or that jay elec/lox song
>>
>>125761013
Are you being deliberately retarded? You know that when people complain about political shit they are complaining about current politics being injected into "entertainment" and turning it very fucking unentertaining indeed. Doom has nothing to do with fat gay tranny niggers ruining everything and that's why he's not political.
>>
>>125761084
False flag samefagging just because you a few level headed responses and can’t properly bait when confronted about your impotent rage?
>>
>>125761054
Is Doom an apolitical dictator? Yes or no?

>>125761060
Whaaaaat? I have always been told that all Doom cares abou it to rule Latveria as the bestest ruler in all universe, so good a ruler, as a matter of fact, that even gods can't help but suck his dick.

Now he doesn't care about it?
>>
>>125761102
You are also retarded.
>>
>>125761054
When they are acting kings who represent an entire sovereign kingdom, just about every act they commit has political ramifications. So yes, they are inherently political due to their stature and status as head of state

>I do think it’s attempting to be more topical

How? Because she's plus size instead of a hourglass figure? How curious that a teen girl simply not having deeply sexualized figure is such a contentious and deeply political battleground
>>
>>125761109
I mean, when was the last comic in which he mentioned infrastructure or tax policies? Also, with all the robots, how does he prevent automation from stealing people's jobs? Every politician claims they're the best leader, I just don't actually know what his policies are that would qualify him as the real thing.
>>
>>125761060
>Does Dr Doom actually do much politics

Yes. Quite a bit. He speaks at the UN. Visits his embassy in New York. Deals with successors and usurpers to his throne. Waves his diplomatic immunity card

>I think people hate it for being poorly written.

Oh you deluded fool. People hate her because she's not thin and sexy. People started bitching about the book the second it was seen in the solicitations. That's several months before it ever hit the stands and people were able to read it.
>>
>>125761123
>not being obese is now "deeply sexualized"
I'd say go hang yourself, but you'd just snap the rope.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (63 KB, 500x744)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>125761174
There are loads of ugly women in comics people don't hate. Her being fat is a factor, but I don't see anti Big Bertha threads every day.
>>
>>125761136
>I mean, when was the last comic in which he mentioned infrastructure or tax policies?
Never. All Marvel writers do is say "DOOM IS THE BESTEST RULER EVER, JUST ACCEPT IT WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION!!1!".

You guys have always praised it to the highest heavens, you can't pretend you have a problem with that now.

>Every politician claims they're the best leader,
Well, how many of those politicians have been confirmed to be the bestest rulers in all the Universe by gods?
>>
>>125761221
I do prefer Dr Doom to not be "political" I'm just saying it doesn't really bode well. Also, most Gods are dicks, I wouldn't care what they thought.
>>
One is a bad guy/villain. One is a bad one-shot graphic novel.

So I agree with the OP that both are bad.
>>
>>125761251
I don't think Doom has any story better than "I Am Not Starfire".
>>
>>125761030
This is false. People on other websites did. literally look at the instagram announcements, it was full of people complaining about this shit. The Stan Lee spinning in his grave is a direct quote.

I know that idiots don't understand that their narrative isn't stronger than objective reality, but thems the breaks. Some people are that stupid, anon.
>>
>>125761084
>political means politics i disagree with
>old school authoritarianism is fine so it's not political
Anon might be deliberately retarded but you're accidentally retarded. Just say woke if you mean woke. You're misusing the term political.
>>
>>125761290
No one does, it's peak comic kino and you're a Nazi imperialist shitlord if you think otherwise, duh.
>>
>>125761327
>t-this is f-false, l-look at m-muh social media!!!!

It’s like you can’t read. Thank you for outing yourself as a tourist here to do nothing but bait.
>>
>>125761365
No no, there are plenty of stories I find better than "I Am Not Starfire", but Doom himself doesn't have any.

60 years stuck in a loop of "IMMA BECOME A GOD, OH NO I JUST LOST MY GOD POWERS" won't really build a nice library of stories.
>>
File: 141016PinochetFile.jpg (83 KB, 1025x856)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>125761365
Real Life Dictators dress like M. Bison
>>
>>125761136
>fat dyke being a protagonist is inherently political
>not for political advocacy, her existing in that manner
>but for right wing issues to be political there need to be actual charts and grafts detailing government spending

Just admit you all are thin skinned snowflakes who literally get triggered when they see a comic targeted at someone else and save us all some trouble of taking you seriously.
>>
>>125761109
> apolitical dictator
That’s impossible but the stories generally don’t focus on politics. You know this but refuse to just move on.
>>
>>125761397
>people say dumb bullshit because of culture wars
>no they dont
>yes they do
>well they do it on other websites so i still win nyaaaah
Sad lives, lived in ignorance.
>>
>>125761401
I Am Not Starfire is just Persepolis in the DC Universe.
>>
>>125761123
It’s pretty clear you’re just here to engage in a bitchfest. If this were real like I’d walk away or knock you the fuck out for continuing to annoy me.
>>
Report this thread for being off topic (inb4 le don’t announce reports).

Sage in all fields.

OP is a literal faggot.
>>
>>125761415
>That’s impossible but the stories generally don’t focus on politics
Everytime the stspries go on and on anout how Doom is the bestest ruler ever, or how Latverians are the happiest people ever, or how Latveria is the bestest utopia ever, they are focusing on politics.
>>
>>125761436
top kek triggered at someone breaking up the anti sjw circle jerk

how dare you not think that a fat dyke existing is the worst thing to happen to comics? you need to be engaged in my bitchfest!
>>
>>125761409
When did I say the shitty Starfire comic was political? I didn't read it, I don't care about it, I'm almost as annoyed by the space it takes up than you. I do agree that "political" has lost all meaning at this point, but calm the hell down.
>>
>>125759657
nice enough cheatsheet.
lacks some arguably important nuance and details but it's good enough for this level of discussion. Bravo.
>>
>>125761109
>Is Doom an apolitical dictator? Yes or no?
a State leader is by definition political.

>>125761136
>>I mean, when was the last comic in which he mentioned infrastructure or tax policies?
AXIS, I think.
we rarely see the political\bureaucratically side of Latveria, and we got like two scenes in 60 years where Doom himself talks about it.
>>
>>125760932
bait elsewhere
>>
>>125761566
>a State leader is by definition political
Then we agree that Doom is more political than some fat girl in high school?
>>
>>125761786
Where's the bait?
>>
>>125762098
where you're being intentionally obtuse
>>
>>125761824
as character? yes.

Their stories? That's a different discussion.
>>
>>125763453
OP is adamant that he does not understand the difference between the two and that is some sort of "gotcha" against some people on this board.
>>
>>125763453
>>125763521
What makes "this fat girl is in high school" more political than "this fascist is the bestest ruler in all universe"?
>>
>>125759092
>do minorities in your view not get to have any books?
>their very existence in media offends you?
It IS offensive. it is intentionally ugly, combative, childish and narrow minded. And the cherry on top, is that they get to pretend that if you notice any of these things, it's because you hate some random acronym they applied to themselves. the people creating these stories are the self-styled vanguard of a movement with the stated goal of destroying civilization. if they end up making black people and trans people EVEN MORE of a target because they used them as rhetorical tools, that's not my fucking problem.
>>
>>125763744
>this fascist is the bestest ruler in all universe
Where is this being said?
>"this fat girl is in high school"
Is not political, but the book she appears in is, for all the reasons that people up-thread have been trying to explain to you.
>>
>>125764011
>but the book she appears in is

How is a stereotypical YA story about an angsty teen political beyond bunch of man babies being triggered and whining it’s political because they’re bunch of fucking moronic losers and they keep insisting it’s political because it hurts their feelings.
>>
>>125764011
>Where is this being said?
Doomwar, Hickman's Fantastic Four, Zdarsky's X-Men, Hickman's Avengers, take your pick.

Tell me what are the politics of a fat girl going to high school, and how much more political thatnis than "fascism is good".
>>
>>125744097
IDENTITY politics
One of them is about IDENTITY politics.
>>
>>125764040
the fact a book is trite shit doesn't influence it being political or not.
>>
>>125764151
Is identity politics more politiks than "fascism is the bestest thing evah"?
>>
Why is this thread still up? It’s just a fat transsexual screeching into the void worse than any autist I’ve ever seen.
>>
>>125764338
Doom: "Doom doesnt care if you are black or white or whatever, nor does he care for your sexuality. He only cares if you obey Doom!"
Trashfire:" if you are white and not gay you are whats wrong with the world"
yes, shes actually worse than doom because doom doesnt give a shit about trivial nonsense
>>
>>125764418
That's a funny way of writing "man babies being completely destroyed"
>>
>>125763744
The fact that she exists purely to push body positive lesbian feminism and he exists to be a cool supervillain of no particular ideology. Do you fucking understand now?
>>
>>125764446
>Trashfire:" if you are white and not gay you are whats wrong with the world"
Show me the page in which that is said in the comic.
>>
>>125746083
Showing these people exist isn’t the same as a message being pushed. Does the story even address her being fat?
>>
>>125764448
I think you mean ManLadies, Mr Ma’am
>>
>>125764671
shes written by a progressive lesbian who believes in genderstudies as selfinsert
if you think she doesnt think like that you are dumber than a pile of rocks
>>
>>125764735
So, you are assuming the opinions of the writer and projecting this assumed opinion ontoma book that said nothing ofmit, thus proving that the book is "political"?

Meanwhile, Doom stories saying verbatim that fascismmis the best thing in the universe is apolitical?

Have you graduated high school?
>>
>>125764615
He's pretending that government politics are the only type of politics that exist, and that a story being political or not is measured by the amount of government politics it references. OP will never "understand" because he actually thinks this a clever gotcha.
>>
>>125764776
>extrem obsession of being right no matter what
>refusal to change herself, everyone else is the problem
>being fat has nothing to do with her lifestyle
>everybody should read her mind
thats mandy, a selfish bitch that is a burden on people around her, despite being a suppoised good character
what was doom again? oh right, a capable leader who doesnt blindly go "I should rule because im me" but because he has the skill and experience
also he is actually far less arrogant than mandy, mandy just hides and justifies her far bigger ego by wailing in selfpity
>>
>>125764910
Why don't you post a page from "I Am Not Starfire" here that proves that the book is more political than the "fascism is the only way to save the world" trite that we see in all Doom stories?
>>
File: doomwar20101int3.jpg (404 KB, 768x1180)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>>125746212
Being a petty homicidal asshole isn't good enough?
>>
>>125764972
theres a part were mandy goes "we should rewrite romeo and juliette to be less sexist"
>>
>>125764934
>How is this fat high schooler more political than a fascist dictator that ,urders all dissenters?
>"S-S-SHE IS TOO HEADSTRONG!!1!"
Are you an actual human being? Are you not a bot built to leave messagea of support on The Critical Drinker and The Quartering channels?

Can any human be as dumb as you are?
>>
>>125764776
>Doom stories saying verbatim that fascismmis the best thing in the universe
Source: my ass
>>
>>125765027
>if you are headstrong you have to be an asshole
spoken like a true psychopath
>>
>>125765066
Isn't Doomwar about how, in all the Marvel multiverse, the only universes that can be considered good are those under Doom's fascist dictatorship?
>>
>>125765068
Who has killed more innocent people between Mandy and Doom?

Let us see who is the bigger asshole.
>>
>>125744097
I don't know but I'd rather fuck the left one rather than the right one.
>>
>>125744097
I still find it low-key hilarious that the girl gets another girl as a trophy despite having an absolutely shit personality and doing nothing to win her over.
>>
>>125765200
As hilarious as Doom being trusted to raise Valeria Richards weeks after he murdered Cassie Lang?
>>
>>125744097
One who doesn't leech off other characters.
>>
>>125765304
Doom is currently appearing in Fantastic Four, Guardians fo the Galaxy, Excalibur and SWORD, bringing down each of those books.
>>
>>125765152
>who has killed more people? the teenager who didnt have more than one book and her powers at the end of said book or the guy who was a villain for decades and is written consistently?
if we take her character into account she would eventually kill people in a fit of rage because her 15 minutes of fame ran out (she literally was just happy because she got superpowers and became famous because of them) meaning unlike doom, who killed for a higher goal, she would kill for a selfish reason or no reason at all.
but she is a mary sue selfinsert so she is never gonna be written consistently or logicly
>>
>>125765341
That's your opinion, but that's objectively not leeching off other characters, he's always been nemesis to Fantastic Four who naturally grew into worldwide menace.
>>
>>125765422
>>125765152
also, basicly, you asked who killed more people? obama or adolf hitler, if we pretend hitler got accepted into art school
>>
>>125764448
I am not sure why you would come to that conclusion. Are you under the impression other people aren't able to read the thread and see how wrong you are and the cheap tactics you are trying to use to prove some sort of point?
>>
>>125765422
When Doom kills people for not clapping for him, which high goal is he aiming to achieve?

>>125765428
The character that has appeared once in her own book is a leech, but the character that is forced into every Marvel book nowadays for being unable to carry his own isn't?
>>
>>125765487
It's not her book, Starfire is literally only thing in that book that would make read her shit out of morbid curiosity. Doom is everywhere because people like reading about Doom.
>>
>>125765152
>Let us see who is the bigger asshole
It's Mandy
It doesn't matter how many either has killed, the bigger asshole is Mandy. She's an absolute cunt with no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>125765534
>Doom is everywhere because people like reading about Doom.
Clearly not enough to buy his books.

So, which story made you this big a Doomfag? Which Doom story did you read that made you go "I WILL SUCK OFF THIS CHARACTER TO THE ENDvOF MY DAYS"?

Some shit about him becoming a god?
>>
>>125765487
literally saving mankind
when mandy would kill people (again, if she would be written consistently and smart) she would kill them just because they were disrespectful
>>
>>125765579
That's a lot of assumptions there, I clearly struck a nerve, calm down man, no need to get mad, it's just comics.
>>
>>125765589
>literally saving mankind
How was mankind saved by Doom murdering Cassie Lang?

>>125765615
>it's just comics.
Are they? You are here arguing that fascist dictators are less political than fat girls, that a grumpy teenager is more of an asshole than a killer that kills people for not clapping.

No one can argue those things without feeling strongly about them. So, which Doom story was so good that made you feel this strongly?
>>
>>125765675
I won't answer wrongly worded question, you are obviously not in clear mind if you think me preferring a good character over trash character in any way implies I am a fan of good character at all.

But since you aren't thinking clearly I'll help you out, I love when Doctor Doom is not a conflicted character, he's not anti-hero and he doesn't doubt himself, and put his qualities in another contexts the line between hero and villain blurs. It really started with Roy Thomas's Astonishing Tales 8 (or Gerry Conway, I forgot which), where it's revealed Doom fights devil for the soul of his mother.

So this character who is despicable at first glance to most common people could also be sympathetic when we see his literal inner demons.

Another scene I always loved is him having dinner with Storm who quite enjoyed her time with him.

The fat goth goblin would eradicate me for thinking I can give her male gaze, she's trash human being.
>>
>>125765830
>The fat goth goblin would eradicate me for thinking I can give her male gaze
This is ridiculous.
>>
Some of you are so far gone into the right-wing rabbit hole that it has become impossible to convince you that fat girls in high school aren't as political as fascist dictators.

May you be luckier in another life. This one has already been wasted.
>>
>>125766613
>how dare you think a character whos a modern feminist and has super powers would act like a modern feminist with superpowers?!
>>
>>125744138
Based
>>
>>125766806
Show me those news of crazy feminists killing men for no reason.
>>
>>125766915
>he hasnt heard of feminists getting #killallmen and #allmenmustdie to trend on twitter unironicly or aborting male feti or even locking up men in their homes and drugging them because they deem men as PURE EVIL
jesus christ how big is the rock you live under?
>>
>>125767002
News, motherfucker. Where are them?

The 3 most recent ones you can find.
>>
>>125744229
The term was literally created by Jewish communists. That's all you need to know
>>
>>125767002
>twitter hashtags are my source
>twitter hashtags are white genocide
>"do you live under a rock??"
Lol. Please get off the computer, or in your case, smartphone.
>>
>>125744097
the one on the right was never "political" people were just making fun of it because it was obvious that it was just some hamplanet loser self inserting themselves into an existing IP to whine about how they couldn't get dicked down by the quarterback in high school
>>
>>125767060
sorry that the group mandy is being promoted to and actually MADE for is relevant to the topic you idiot
>>
>>125767108
Dictators vs twitter feminists: which group has killed more people?
>>
>>125767172
depends, if we count unintentional kills we might break even in 10 years, feminists are incredibly incompetent
>>
>>125767221
Is that right? Show me some of the numbers of death caused by twitter femimists.
>>
>>125767258
you want twitter feminists? look up how many people get currently murdered in chicago every week, than keep in mind that chicagos mayor is a twitter feminist, repeat with every feminist politician, especially swedens government
than keep in mind that they like to downplay their shortcomings like sweden claiming "its not rape if a refugee does it, its a sexual emergency!" just because the FEMINISTS dont want to be seen as rascist.
actually the same can be said about the afghanistan situation, feminists are so busy being not rascist, they enable the taliban by going "atleast they arent WHITE men!"
>>
>>125744097
>>125752124
>>125750310
Haven't read the OP or discussion but God I wanna sniff her butt.
>>
>>125767312
...okay.

Show me the numbers, dude.
>>
What sort of man dedicates hundreds of hours, day after day… year after year desperately screaming into the internet about his hatred of a fictional character?

Doom is just a funnybook character. Don’t worry, he’s not under your bed and he’s not going to get you.

I am Not Starfire was just a cheap attempt at pandering to an audience that has not, and will never, read comics. I think a lot of people anticipated it being worse than what it was, and rather than being a defiant (or insert adjective of choice) stand against political incorrectness it was simply a tedious slice of life story with turgid characters smelling their own farts and drinking Frappuccinos. It was promptly forgotten by even the most ardent detractors and is seemingly only brought up by disingenuous people looking to stoke the fires of online “debate.”

OP is, however, not at all interested in debating his own premise. He simply wants an excuse to complain about Doom.
>>
>>125767400
>Doom is just a funnybook character.
Is he? I though he was the most complexest, bestest written character evah!
>>
>>125767428
Doom isn’t under your bed anon.
>>
>>125767481
I know. Is he not the bestest character ever created, though?
>>
>>125767338
>>125767338
have one about HONOR KILLINGS in sweden, where the feminists only enable:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56977771
but let me guess, those werent REAL feminists right?
>>
>>125767338
would post another link but 4chan thinks its spam, but basicly, in the years 2013 to 2017 2 of 3 rapes were done by migrants. after that the swedish government simply forbid to take race into account of statistics
>>
>>125767927
How can Twitter feminists possibly be blamed for any of this?
>>
>>125768057
its their mindset that enables that shit, hell if you ask them what government in the world is best, theyll say sweden because the government is ruled by woman
they are reckless and ruthlesscombined with sheer incompetence and egomania that makes doom look humble

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.