[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>mother gets killed protecting him
>tracks down wolf that killed her
>asks wolf to teach him how to be strong
>says he'll kill the wolf one day
>wolf agrees
>trainingmontage.webm
>horns are now his fangs
>has been with wolf so long that he now sees him as a father
>thick as thieves
>return to his birthplace
>wolf tells him to kill all the sheep
>gets reminded of childhood
>cant do it
>defends them from wolf
>kills wolf
>finally avenges mother
>wolf is proud
>other sheep saw it all
>are now terrified of this creature that can kill a wolf
>rejection.exe
>he is suddenly all alone
>regrets killing his one companion in this hard life he'd chosen
>now must live forever alone with his burdens
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C7h8GbL1p4g
>>
>>125715977
What was the moral of this cartoon? That prey aren't allowed to defend themselves, and predators aren't allowed to show mercy?
>>
>>125716229
>moralfagging media
>>
>>125716229
Interview with the creator says that it's less if a cautionary tale, and more of an explanation as to how regular kids end up joining gangs, and how once you're in it ruins your reputation forever.
>>
>>125716229
That life sucks if you’re all about revenge

OP left out the part where the sheep kills the guard dogs right in front of the other sheep as well
>>
>>125715977
in the english dub he's voiced by Grimlock, in japanese he's voiced by Kenshiro.
>>
>>125716229
Its japan so probably.
>>
>>125716312
If he's doomed to become a misfit and a recluse he could at least become a silent guardian protecting the sheep from wolves expecting no reward and thanks (and getting none). At least I see it as a potential future for this character I haven't seen it.
>>
>>125716312
>gangs
>Japan
Really? They only had 749,000 crimes last year, and 22% of them were committed by seniors.
https://www.nippon.com/en/japan-data/h00898/
>>
>>125716312
Based /a/ for having levels of depth beyond "DOING THIS IS BAD". This thread is still off topic.
>>
>>125716376
Is organized crime included in that statistic? When I hear "gangs" and "Japan," I think yakuza.
>>
>>125716359
He should, but it's Japan. So I guess the rational is that once you're excluded from conventional society your only way of surviving is through criminal means? Because it's virtually impossible to hold a regular job over there if you have a criminal record. Also, if the point is to try to prevent kids from joining gangs, then you don't end the story with a path to redemption or else you run the risk of them thinking that they could just quit gang life in the future.
>>
>>125715977
Kino
>>
>>125716229
It's more that violence changes people and you can never become "normal" again after you take lives.
>>
>>125715977
>>asks wolf to teach him how to be strong
>>says he'll kill the wolf one day
>>wolf agrees
I will never fucking understand this lapse in logic.

Is this suppose to be a corruption double-edge sword fetish? like "Hehe I'll corrupt you real good and you won't lay a finger on me by the time I'm done with you."

>kills wolf
>finally avenges mother
>wolf is proud
"Haha I'm a bad guy so I'm proud I made this tiny ass sheep as fucked up in the head as me xD"
>>
>>125718174
>I will never fucking understand this lapse in logic.
Japan.
>>
>>125718174
I remember something similar in the Saint Seiya anime when the master of the Phoenix Saint kills his own daughter to encourage his student to kill him and feels proud when he does. Maybe it's a Japan thing
>>
>>125716376
>Being this retarded
>>
>>125716312
Well I’m never going to look at the story the same way again. I thought it was just another “the futility of vengeance” lesson, but it’s in a new light now that I know that it is the Sanrio equivalent of Gangsta’s Paradise.
>>
>>125718289
It is, self sacrifice in the name of an ideal or honor is a more common trope in Japan. It's probably got something to do with classic samurai mythos.
>>
>>125718174
He's placating him at first. It's a combination of arrogance, and boredom that eventually becomes pride. Also, the wolf basically had a death wish. He's certain that his destiny is to be killed by another wolf because that's how the natural order works in his mind. So, when the lamb eventually does kill him, it doesn't bother him because he's already made peace with that fact and is just glad that he wasn't killed by some rando.

Blah blah blah, self-fulfilling prophecy blah blah
>>
>>125718174
Read Schopenhauer.
>>
>>125716229
War sucks, and it turns innocent kids into killers that'll be scorned by the people they became killers to protect.
>>
>>125718174
He's a child soldier, what's not to get?
>march into a village
>kill adults and kidnap kids to train
>kids vow revenge
>take advantage of that to make them good killers
>decades later they eventually kill you, but only after they've served you for decades
>>
>>125718174
>I will never fucking understand this lapse in logic.
Honourable death by combat. If you can't find someone to give you a glorious death you have to make one yourself.
>>
File: 1630941612922.png (3.32 MB, 1395x1280)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB PNG
>>125715977
It's the same lesson as in here.
>>
File: 1630941732478.png (2.03 MB, 1395x865)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB PNG
>>125719297
That being, that the pursuit of strenght and only strenght will leave a void in your life.
>>
If the wolf was content with raising his killer then the ram should also find purpose. I guess since we're left hanging it's anyone's guess. In that case I'm imagining that he never truly reunites with his kin but never truly leaves them either and will be watching for any wolf that dares to come close.
That or lonely death by starvation or something if boogeyman/folk hero is too romantic but I wonder what happens next.
>>
>>125716376
A lot of crime goes unreported because of how society is there
>>
>>125715977
The movie is clearly set in japan yet there's a random skunk in the wild and this triggers me.
>>
>>125716382
>beyond DOING THIS IS BAD
Isn't that literally what it is though?
>if you do this it will ruin your reputation forever
>>
>>125719297
>>125719318
That's a pretty cool comic.
Has the author made anything of similar quality?
>>
>>125716229
>Wolves kill to eat but vengeful sheeple don't.
>>
>>125715977
>wolf is proud
that part always hurts me.
>>
>>125715977
Had a helluva boss fanfic/comic idea inspired by this story
>Collin loses his two friends because they’re cast down from heaven for killing an old man
>Collin tries to get them to stay together but they condemn god much to his dismay and want to strike a deal with satan in exchange for sanctuary
>satan delighting in the corruption of these people, offers it if they kill Collin a heavenly, pure, angel who he cannot stand living in his domain
>Collin barely escapes not wanting to kill his friends and is helped by an eagle OC of mine based off the Hellion Album from Judas Priest and as eagles are also a heavenly symbol in Christianity
>Collin wants to return the favor by serving this “divine figure” of god only finding out he’s just as corrupt as the rest
>the eagle wants this pure creature to return to heaven and leave hell behind but Collin refuses, so they form a teacher/student dynamic similar to Kratos and Artreus
>Collin grows horns like a ram, and his morality is tested and strained repeatedly as “no good deed goes unpunished” in hell, Collins persistance in being a good samaritan like Jesus is not ideal, not even the eagle supports but is baffled by his persistance and it changes him a little to be better but there is a little bad that seeps into Collin due to the cruelty he learns from not only satan but from God which was how satan was created and how the eagle fell as well as his friends.
>>
>>125716229
That when you become a monster to obtain revenge you can never go back.
Fuck those sheep though.
>>
File: sin.png (2.01 MB, 2510x1412)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB PNG
>>125720551
i was literally about to say something about him as well lol
>>
>>125715977
>be retard
>recap the plot of a cartoon in greentext with no apparent purpose
>>
>>125720551
it's funny because satan is said to have been also been a cherubim and he's the icon of wrath
>>
>>125718174
It's a common trope in anime.
>>
>>125715977
I wish there will be a pokemon based on him.
>>
>>125720995
That’s where all these edgy satanists come from, I was raised in a catholic school where books like catcher in the rye were banned but I heard of a book called paradise lost where satan or Lucifer was a “good guy” who thought god was an abusive misguided tyrant that played favorites and killed his own creations needlessly, and the famous saying “evil by thy new good” made satan appear like a hero hated by the masses, which is why satanists consider themselves noble for pursing a life style rejecting of Christian morals that they consider fake.
Personally my story isn’t a self insert oc power fantasy because I like Christianity and the symbolism and stories it tells because it still holds value today despite what college students might say.
And at one point we were all Collin and tried to be perfect but it never works out because of one thing which every religion makes a warning about and it’s pride, even Vizziepop is pretty prideful in her twitter account and mockery of other values like abortion and conservatives. And her demographic is cozying to the idea of satanism now even though they’re just as condescending and vain as the worst of Christians they hate.
>>
>>125716376
>last year
What about back when this was made?
>>
>>125722547
you should read paradise regained then
>>
>>125716312
I miss when delinquent stuff was popular in Japan.
>>
>>125715977
I wanted him to kill the other sheep because of their ungrateful nature. If he's doomed to being alone, then better to take full revenge.
>>
>>125724675
That would actually be a good remake plotline
Imagine Chirin comes back with the sheep terrified of him after he kills the wolf
>”it’s me, chirin”
>”you’re not chirin, you’re a monster”
>”a monster? You watched my mother get killed, you watched me grieve and you just looked as though there was never any danger at all”
>”you look at the death of your own with such indifference I see now why sheep are eaten”
>”I may not have fangs to devour you but my horns will give a reason to your young to fight, just as the wolf taught me with his fangs why I should fight”
>”without apathetic cretins like you polluting this world with helpless lambs, there’d probably be less death and and less mothers being left alone to sacrifice themselves with a single lamb having to deal with cruel reality of this world alone”
>”I wonder how much all these lambs can learn if all of you were gone”
>>
>>125718174
The wolf isn't evil. He just kills sheep because that's what wolves do.
>>
>>125716229
A sheep whom doesn't know its place in the world neither deserves to be called a sheep no more, nor a wolf.
>>
I think the movie’s version of Chirin being adopted is better than the book’s. Rather than Uou being tricked by Chirin out of pride, he knows Chirin will kill him one day but takes him as an apprentice anyway. Much more interesting when considering the characters’ motivations.
>>
>>125716312
>>125716419
>>125716376
Haven't seen it but the immediate visual comparison is a biker thug with a pompadour, a yankee
>>
Society hate people who don't know their proper place.

Fighting against fate only brings misfortune.
>>
>>125726225
I thought the wolf targeted the sheep because he hated how they were so weak and submissive they’d let each other die and do nothing.
Chirin was an exception and that was something the wolf saw worthy in keeping alive and nurturing.
>>
>>125726579
If society puts you in a place to be sacrificed
Then what do you have to lose by rejecting it and fighting for your own place
>>
>>125726579
It's time for your daily dick flattening Neji
>>
>>125726605
>Then what do you have to lose

Honor.
>>
>>125726588
I kinda got that vibe from the animation, the other sheep just let Chirin cry and then leave without even trying to confort him or stop him.
And they didnt do shit to defend each other, or even themselves. Fuck the sheep.
>>
>>125715977
That sheep was eating meat, it attacked the sheep and was fully prepared to eat them. That is the most messed-up part. It's not that he became violent because its violence was the violence of a ram with horns and hooves, but but he changed to a killer for meat, he lost his sheepness.
>>
Chirin did nothing wrong
>>
>>125727173
Victim of circumstance who deserves redemption and absolution if he works for it.
>>
>>125726809
So, nothing?
>>
>>125718174
Ask me how I know you've lived in a city your whole life
>>
>>125716359
Not how it works
>>
>>125727553
Maybe for him blood isn't thicker than water and seeing how he's rejected he stops caring about sheep but that still leaves him without purpose. If he can't help sheep from afar then what else does he have to do? Kidnap a lamb and raise it so it can murder him when the time comes because that's all he knows?
>>
>>125716229
That your grandpa isn't necessarily a bad person just because he fought and killed people in WWII.
>>
>>125716359
He's already learned that that's not how it works. Every single time Chirin ever tries to protect something it either dies anyway or ends up getting someone he loves killed.
>>
>>125727635
>the blood of brotherhood is thicker than the water of the womb
>>
>>125716229
Japanese have dumb beliefs about animals.
>>
>>125715977
that the layman(sheep) are all fuckheads who reject everything that scares them and you shouldn't bother worrying about their opinion
>>
>>125715977
Sounds interesting. I'm going to go watch it on Youtube right now
>>
this is like the Joker (2019)
>>
>>125715977
Sounds awesome. Gonna go watch this now
>>
>>125715977
Gotta watch this.
>>
File: wolfe.png (65 KB, 2039x1446)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
watched it, damn poor chirin
>>
>>125733311
>Chirin with his own wolf pup

Daww, that'd be the best thing for him. At least compared to full isolation.
>>
>>125719297
>>125719318

Maybe he should have just asked another sphinx if the first one was fucking with him
>>
>>125731719
It's only like 40-something minutes.
>>
File: Laridae.jpg (167 KB, 760x596)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
Makes me think of this Oglaf strip.
>>
>>125716376
Because of both Japanese culture and the legal system works, reporting of crime is extremely low. Japs have an emphasis on not butting into other people's business, and with the legal system the police will only press charges if they're absolutely certain they'll be able to win.
>>
>>125733311
Holy shit. That's perfect. Is it bad that I want to write a fanfic based around this concept?
>>
>>125734466
go ahead i guess
>>
>>125715977
What kind of psychopath sees someone murder their parent and think "I should ask him to teach me how to kill him"? Wanting to kill him is the only understandable part.
>>
>>125716376
>They only had 749,000 crimes last year
Is that a typo? That's quite high for a population that small. In comparison, burger land had 1.2 million in 2019 with a much bigger population. Also much crime goes unreported in nips land.
>>
>>125733311
>(She)wolf pup wants to get stronger since her family was killed.
>Chirin agrees and hopes that she'll kill him at one time of the future.
>It doesn't happen, she stays by his side until the end.

The end chirin deserves.
>>
>>125735080
I can see that working to not repeat Chirin and Woe's story. How would Chirin work with a wolf needing meat to live?
>>
A Journey Through Fairyland > Chirin Ringing Bell > The Sea Prince and the Fire Child > The Fantastic Adventures of Unico = The Mouse and His Child >>>>> Unico in the Island of Magic
>>
>>125734466
>>125735080
I'd read this
>>
>>125725328
t. retard
>>
>>125718334
>it is the Sanrio equivalent of Gangsta’s Paradise.
You have a funny way with words.
>>
>>125735672
ugly
>>
>>125736116
Stinky head
>>
>>125716382
This thread wouldn’t have lasted 10 minutes where it belongs.
>>
>>125734382
>not trying to put innocent people in jail using flimsy non-proofs
>collecting such staggering amount of evidence that no judge will ever let a criminal off the hook
Sounds based as shit if you ask me.
>>
>>125736322
>he doesn’t know about the confessions
>>
>>125736370
Ah yes the plea bargain. When you confess to a lesser crime you didn't commit under the threat of being falsely imprisoned for a bigger crime you didn't commit either. Isn't American justice system simply the best?
>>
>>125736402
I never said it was, horrible straw-creature.
>>
>/co/ gets confused by babbys first Nietzschean allegory despite being a bunch of contrarian nihilistic twitter immigrants.

It's hilarious. The point is he became so focused on killing a monster, he became one. Literal 12 year olds can get this concept.

As for the people confused by the wolf being proud that he is killed, it's because it symbolises the student surpassing the master.
>>
>>125716229
Why does /co/ feel the need to argue and nitpick fucking everything?
I thought /v/ was insufferably retarded
>>
Could Chirin have done any better?
>>
>>125736792
It’s a simple story that accomplished everything it set out to do, didn’t overstay it’s welcome and made it’s point clearly and concisely. That’s more than a lot of stories accomplish.

Maybe some of the other animals could be more directly analogous to real world conflict, but then it might come across as too heavyhanded.
>>
>>125736831
In the character's sense I mean, could he have done anything to get a better outcome, like be accepted by the herd again or get any other alternative to avenge his mother.
>>
>>125736699
Name a single board that isn’t insufferably retarded.
>>
>>125718174
If the frog asked the scorpion to teach it how to sting as payment for getting it across the river, the scorpion would do so.
>>
>>125737177
He should have stayed with the wolf, but there’s no way he could have known that.
>>
>>125736831
>It’s a simple story that accomplished everything it set out to do,
If it was simple how did half the people in thread miss the fucking point so badly?
>>
>>125739287
They’re even simpler.
>>
>>125719297
>>125719318
Good stuff, thanks mate
>>
>>125736322
>not trying to put innocent people in jail using flimsy non-proofs
But they actually do tho just like every other country?
The phoenix wright games are literally meant to be a parody of how shit the japanese judicial system is.
>>
>>125736581
Nobody is confused by the simple story, people are talking about what the creator said.
>>
>>125720876
I think OP's a normalfag who just discovered the movie via some e-celeb and thought to shill it here as if most of us haven't seen it
>>
File: book snip.png (24 KB, 826x500)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
In the original book, Chirin doesn't kill the wolf after having flashbacks when he runs in to kill the sheep, causing the wolf to attempt the sheep & Chirin to kill the wolf to protect them.

He ambushes the wolf, telling the wolf to wait for his signal after he kills the dog; then when the wolf begins to run into the barn, he jumps out and spears him with his horn. Pic related. He planned revenge.

Nor is Chirin rejected by the sheep. He chooses to leave.

>“I’ve gotten revenge for my mother. But my heart doesn’t feel any lighter. Please forgive me, Uo. I’ve first realized it when you died. That you were my teacher and my father. And somewhere along the way, I had come to love you. I can no longer return to being a sheep.”
>>
>>125741150
Maybe I need to read the book but I kind of like the film’s version. Works more in line with the metaphor of kids being screened into gangs I find. You just want to be stronger and more powerful but don’t really see the bigger picture until shit really hits the fan.
>>
>>125741233
It's a children's picture book, very short & quick to read. Very much a folk story or fairy tale, simplistic.
>>
>>125741316
Oh, thought it was like a short novel or something
>>
>>125741150
So he becomes a wandering sheep because he feels like he wouldnt belong anyway. That makes sense.
Kinda like a ronin.
>>
>>125741563
Nope, just a picture book.

https://makyun.tumblr.com/post/156148050207/chirin-no-suzu
>>
File: snip2.png (479 KB, 771x687)
479 KB
479 KB PNG
>>125741761
>"I am Chirin the sheep. I want to become a strong wolf like you. Please make me your pupil."

>Uo, who was always hated, felt like his heart warmed up inside upon hearing those words.

dang, Chirin.
>>
The virgin Bambi
The CHAD Chirin
>>
>>125741796
Both versions of the tale seem interesting, will have to give it a read.
>>
>>125716229
You've got to be your own strenght, and making the moral choice won't necessarily be rewarded.

Alternatively, don't waste your energy defending sheep. They don't have the good sense to be grateful anyway.
>>
>>125716229
That sheep are dicks.
>>
>>125745141
Sounds reasonable.
>>
>>125733311
>>125735080
Drawing. Not sure if I’ll finish before the thread dies, so hey, might as well post what’s done.
1/?
>>
>>125746159
2/?
That’s it for now, working on page 3.
>>
>>125746185
Will keep the thread alive until you finish, anon.
>>
>>125746185
>>125746159
Oh wow a fan comic? Keep up the good work Anon!
>>
>thread is still alive
Nice.
>>
>>125726809
I'm sorry, did you mean:
nothing?
>>
>>125746159
>>125746185
Based
>>
>>125746185
3/?
>>
>>125715977
Been meaning to watch this and damn it is edgy.
It hit a lot harder than I was expecting for what seemed like it was going to be a kids movie.
>>
>>125747267
Drawfag here. Going to sleep now btw, I’m probably gonna run out of time but I’m sure you can imagine how it ends from the other posts.
>>
File: file.png (310 KB, 700x700)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>
File: Shepherds.png (346 KB, 664x500)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
>>125727028
>he lost his sheepness
and that's a good thing
>>
The story activates almonds.
Do we feel contempt for the sheep because they reject one of their own who's just a victim of circumstance or it's just hard to blame them for not trusting one of their assailants and we're not supposed to hate them because we see there are still those among them who are willing to sacrifice life for each other?
Is Chirin doomed or does he have a chance at redemption? Does he even deserve it? Assuming he can be saved what could be his purpose in life? Find another herd? Become a "ghost" for the sheep and just wait on some high point watching and waiting for incoming danger shrouded in myth? Walk the earth until he finds purpose whatever it may be?
>>
>>125748064
Nice Edgy meme
>>
>>125722547
Satan from Paradise Lost was intended to be a subversion of a charismatic rebel with a cause.

In reality, under the quotable-ness and charisma, he's just a petty, miserable, and manipulative wretch that tries to bring everybody else down to his level out of pure spite.
>>
I think it's cool that he's become some sort of Mythological beast that is both feared by his foes and those he once considered friends. Though he may be forever alone he is the king now and must hold the crown until someone stronger finally takes the title from him
>>
>>125748632
Couldn’t agree more, there was a quote about him second guessing himself about corrupting Adam and Eve but admitted delight in doubling down on his decision in spreading sin because of what it did to gods plan.
>>
He's kind of cute. Would pet him. He seems like someone who doesn't remember how it's like to be shown kindness and would act all confused.
>>
>>125718174
Retard take by a shallow person.
>>
>>125748064
for wool, which can be used for a lot of neat stuff believe it or not.
>>
>>125749008
That reminded me of something funny that happened to me as a kid
>be 7 years old
>be on grandpa's old farm down in texas
>He owns a decent heard of goats, peacocks and Peahen's and a few pigs
>decide to go say hello to the goats and they all let me pet them
>One of the male goats in particular didn't take kind to me at first and would keep his distance
>my dad has a really funny idea
>he picks me up and puts me on the goat like a horse and tells me to hold on to his horns
>Goat gets a kick out of this and starts bucking around and running all over the place
>Get flipped off and land on my ass
>Goat trots up to me and starts rubbing his horns across my chest after I pick myself back up
>tfw made a mutal friend with a goat by riding him
I have no fucking clue how goats work but that goat would always come up and brush me with his horns after that little stunt.
>>
File: file.png (1.16 MB, 1056x1101)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>>
>>125748899
This. Satan was just a punk out to ruin someone else's creation. Adam and Eve were wholesome and looking forward having a family to take care of the garden together.

I think Satan needed to be deceptively charismatic. Temptation being his whole deal, and rebellious and driven characters are often apealling to audiences.
But it ended up flying over a lot of peoples' head and took in the rebel act without realizing how much of it was bs.

The older I get the more I appreciate Christian symbolism, and stories.
>>
>>125716229
There isn't a moral. It's a tragedy. The desire of the hero to be strong, coupled with his empathy leads to isolation. No one is at fault.
>>
File: no.png (209 KB, 500x281)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
>>125747267
>>125747544
don't leave it there!
>>
Isn't Chirin too anime for /co/?

Oh well, nice to see the edgy sheep anime's still getting remembered.
>>
>>125749747
why did this scene hit me harder than when the mom fucking died?
>>
>>125749853
I was thinking of Lambert too because I watched it at a very young age (together with other wonderful classics like that penguin who hated cold) and I'm sure the acceptance of the sheep mom would make me cry today.
>>
>>125719318
>calls her "maiden"
>has a wife and child
>implied the first of a lineage
Least they're keeping with the idea of an unreliable narrator
>>
>>125735080
>and he gets a lady lamb and raises a foal(who sees past his hateful rage), so he lives in happiness for the rest of his days
>>
>>125715977
Great, i need another reason to be depressed.
>>
>>125725328
>>125724675
That actually sounds decent.
>>
>>125724675
>>125725328

>Don't be too tough that no one wants anything to do with yout but also don't be too soft that you can't survive on your own
Sounds good
>>
>>125749960
>calls her "maiden"
>is completely blind
>dude looks like a femboy anyway
I can believe it
>>
>>125746159
>>125746185
>>125747267
oh damn, a fan comic? based
>>125749747
It might be because that's the stage where his innocence is truly lost.
>>
Rejecting the destructive parth is only the first step towards redemption and we just didn't see the others.
>>
File: file.png (915 KB, 812x637)
915 KB
915 KB PNG
>>
>>125749873
because he fought hard to protect the eggs but they were smashed anyway. hopeless, ruthless life.
>>
>>125753991
You're right... Also the mental breakdown he has afterwards is hard to watch.
>>
>>125746159
>>125746185
>>125747267
anon pls
>>
>>125716229
Consequences. Everything has consequences. You can't let go of your anger and hate and take steps towards it? You might end up just as terrifying or monstrous like the thing you want to kill. So own up to it if you commit, or don't fucking go on the edgelord path if you can't handle being hated by others. You may be a saviour to one set of eyes, but just another villian from another pair of eyes.
>>
>>125747267

This is great.

I can't decide if I'd like it better if Chirin exposes himself deliberately to lure out rivals so he can kill them Pai Mei style or if he just doesn't care but will throw down against any fool that tries him.
>>
Are there any kinds of sheep that grow forward-facing horns like Chirin? Ram horns IRL seem to generally be bludgeoning instruments because of how much they curve backward.
>>
>>125754855
Some jacob sheep get forward growing horns, though there would still need to be some selective breeding in order to reliably make sheep that look like Chirin.
>>
>>125755126
>>125754855
Also some manx loaghtan.
>>
>>125718174
The wolf was dying of old age by the end and wanted to get merked by Chirin rather than just pass off the mortal coil peacefully
>>
>>125716376
I think he went to El Salvador or something lol.
>>
I'd love the fuck out of a Beastars/Ringing Bell crossover
>>
File: 4horn.jpg (258 KB, 1439x1529)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>125754855
>>125755126
Sheep can grow horns but it's pretty clear they just made them jut out so they'd be deadlier and he could you know, kill things
>>
>>125755260
It also plays like one of those old japanese samurai movies.
>Ronin master teaches young boy how to wield a blade and travel from battlefield to battlefield for coin
>Boy becomes a man
>Boy also becomes on par if not better than the master
>Old man Ronin finally decides it's time for him to go
>Rather die by his apprentices hand and keep his honor intact after having so many years of blood on his hands
>Boy becomes new master
>walks into sunset
>Credits roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqtTPxWzjk4
>>
>>125755653
Man those horns are actually pretty wicked looking, you'd think they'd actually be more difficult to kill if a small group of males could chase down the immediate threat.
>>
>>125755205
This one seems the most plausible, although there don't seem to be any such sheep whose horns also face directly forward rather than spreading to the sides.
>>
>>125755762
Thing is, most sheep are really, REALLY retarded.
Like, "too stupid to live" retarded.
>>
>>125755814
Yeah it's a shame too they're really unique animals. Guess nature really didn't want sheep to win or something.
>>
>>125755762
They didn't need it to survive in the wild for millions of years, they don't need it now under protection of humans either. Trying to attack into a predator is just a really shitty strategy, it's like using a knife for defense in a knife fight - at best this gets both of you killed, which will prevent you from procreation and passing on your tard rage genes in any case. The only animals that can pull it off are already so big they wouldn't need any weapon. It's why all animals that have such weapons only use them for mating related purposes, not for defense.
>>
>>125716312
Lame. I'll accept that if by gangs they mean armies.
>>
>>125736320
the absolute state of /a/ unless it's seasonal shit or coomer bait. they won't even bother talking about it.
>>
>>125756091
>have seven woolie battering rams charging straight at you all at once is a bad strategy
I'll give it to you for the whole human protection thing but I doubt a stray wolf or a coyote would be able to effectively hunt them down if they weren't you know... pants on head retarded, shit I think most gazelles would last longer if the whole herd would just charge down any random lion pride out of sheer numbers alone. Bees do this and they get along really well.
>>
File: mareep.jpg (36 KB, 474x482)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>125756254
You know how bees burn wasps to death with body heat alone? Sheep should take it to the next level and use their wool to generate static electricity by rubbing up against each other and then lighting strike predators.
>>
>>125756254
Bees will launch suicide attacks to defend the colony, it works for them because none of those warrior bees would ever have procreated anyway, but if they die fighting the queen they protect will. This is why this strategy was developed through evolution - there is absolutely zero reason not to get yourself killed if it means saving the colony. It's not nearly the same as when each individual is responsible for herd procreation - death of each individual diminishes herd procreation capacity and reduces genetic diversity which is actually worse. Doing this shit will get you extinct in no time at all, all animals that lived to this day did so by trying to flee when in danger rather than gambling on their life.
>>
>>125756346
Now your thinking outside the box Anon!
>>125756361
Nah thats just prey tier cowardice. Even if a few beasts fall the herd will grow and soon even stronger breeds would come to be, and eventually will be born with automatic machineguns that fire chainsaws for horns.
>>
>>125716359
it's japan
they basically have two societies. normal people and undersirables.

in tokyo there's an entire underground of whore runners, greedy pigs, weirdos, porn/drug addicts, scammers, incels, single mother whores. People who live their entire lives next to normal salary them but one side basically pretends the other doesn't exist an gets incredibly pissed off if they can't do it. "why haven't you killed yourself yet" pissed off.

In japan once you cross the threshold into human trash you never come back. The use of "gangs" is a mistranslation desu.

watch love exposure to get an idea.
>>
>>125716229
>revenge is a poison that can kill you
Is this really hard?
>>
>>125756529
Jeez that makes me feel really bad for those kinds of people. I understand a lot of people just want to get by like a hooker for example could be stuck walking the streets because it's the only thing she can do. Why do people have to treat the down trodden like shit all the time?
>>
>>125756346
Fun fact: the flow of electricity causes pain through its entire path from origin to terminus, this means giving a shock to someone also gives an identical shock to you. Electric eel shock attack, in addition to being exhausting to use due to being nutrient-heavy, also gives them severe pain each time they use it, which is why they usually just don't.
>>125756472
There's a thought experiment: every week a gang of thugs comes over and declares your neighborhood their turf and says they will kill you if you don't leave. How long will you live trying to confront these people head on vs. packing up and leaving?
>>
>>125756577
Bro if you think thats depressing look at Japan's elderly population. A large number of people just sit in rooms and wait to die because society has forgotten about them. Cicada apartments or something l Iike that, I forget the term.
>>
>>125756577
If you want a real view in how fucked Japan is their psychiatrists say you have to find a way to change if the place you live/work is causing mental issues instead of finding ways to change the stuff around you for your won mental health. This also explains why they words for dying while working and entire forests known as suicide forests. Hell, pregnant women in offices get harassed since they can't be worked as much as other people.
>>
>>125756625
if the charge is stored in wool it will likely be fine tho since no nerves
>>
>>125756625
>How long will you live trying to confront these people head on vs. packing up and leaving?
Well first things first you get your own gang going called the "police gang" and watch them learn the meaning of police brutality
>>
File: Japan 01.png (1.44 MB, 1148x768)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>125756577
>Jeez that makes me feel really bad for those kinds of people.
Greed in Japan carries the same connotation than Racism in the USA.

Go watch any anime, any YA movie, any sentai or tv drama.
You will always see that at any time the biggest scum in the room - Not the big bad but the dude who gets to look the most repugnant and is clearly the one most in the wrong - is a dude who clearly has has no morals, no scruples, or personal issues will lie, scam, beg and do whatever ticks him off. They will always be sexual predators, scammers, wanna be thugs, etc. But they are not necessarily violent, or prejudiced or rich or poor.

Greed is their boogieman, dunno how to describe it but it's very easy for a Jap to become the most awful person in the room.

It's not that they'll cross you out for going to a whore once a year or being really into lewd stuff. But if you do it all the time or go to pachinko/mahjong/betting venues every weekend and constantly beg for money, you will see people start to pretend they never knew you.

Movies about the lives of tokyo trash are some of the best jap movies out there tbqh.
>>
>>125756673
>>125756668
Okay that's extremely fucked up. I know Japan is a rough place to live in general thanks to all the youtube videos about living in Japan explain some of the issues, but they never get into shit like that.
>>
>>125756701
Now imagine gang in question is a foreign occupation force. Implying your own government has been put to the curb.
>>125756693
I don't recall shocking people with static not hurting just because it's technically stored in your wool clothes and not your body.
>>
>>125756577
>I understand a lot of people just want to get by like a hooker for example could be stuck walking the streets because it's the only thing she can do.
yeah but in japan that hooker is probably an addict, has pachinko problems, dreams of a sugar daddy and will try to scrunge money out of any men she can and is generally unpleasant to be around.

Like I said, it's a threshold. Once a jap realizes he's gutter trash they see no other way but further down.
>>
>>125756732
People like the idolize Japan as this quirky nerdy paradise but it has tons of massive problems that it will need to address soon or it will find itself in a really rough spot. Covid hit them at the worst possible time, after they dumped all that money into the olympics.
>>
People look at stories like this obsessed with a moral or lesson. It's like real life sometimes things are gray. Sometimes we think we do everything right and still lose. Some stories are just tragedies. stories occasionally shouldn't be much different.
>>
>>125756771
A modern retelling would be of chirin becoming a sigma male and forgoing all worldly attachment
>>
>>125756760
They see no way but further down because no one is willing to actually build them up the right way. I've talked to ex hookers before that were finally brought out of that nasty light when they learned they can actually do better. Shit's sad because in that line of work you're always told "you aren't worth more than what they're fucking you for." but in reality they can turn around and be better people, yeah you can't save everyone from a shitty life like that but damn it if I'm not a bleeding heart for those who could do better if they just had the chance.
>>
>>125756758
Now your scanario's getting a little wonky, the original premise was "There's a fuck ton of sheep if we charge the fuckers down they'll be the ones running and not us because they won't have a legitimate chance to bite anything without getting trampled." now you've turned the tables on me where its 1 guy vs 50 guys from Terrorist Town
>>
>>125756833
>They see no way but further down because no one is willing to actually build them up the right way.
you are applying a western mindset to the problem.
Japs simply don't believe in redemption. Not on a moral level. A thug who redeems himself was never a thug in their eyes. A hooker who goes clean and drops all her shitty habits was just a victim of circumstance.

It's how japs work, how they like it, and they really, really hate it when gaijins try to break their dichotomies.
>>
>>125756931
Ah, I kids are more likely to get picked on in schools too if that's their mindset. Because children usually mimic the parents and if they treat outcasts in normal society like trash those stuck in the classrooms are probably treated twice as bad due to the over zealousness of the kids.
>>
>>125756977
*I bet*
>>
File: jc5axrke.jpg (160 KB, 620x822)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>125734761
Not that poster, but I think you're the one who may have misplaced a decimal point. The US had 10 million *arrests* in 2019. I can't even imagine what the total number of police reports is.
749K police reports for a country the size of Japan is a very, very small number.
>>
>>125756977
schools in japan are anarchic as fuck. even the richest school is guetto tier and schoolkids get away with shit that would get them expelled anywhere

the difference between salaryman life and schoolkid life is fascinating, even to them.

>and if they treat outcasts in normal society like trash
no, you misunderstood.
They don't treat them like trash.
They ignore them, leave them to their own devices. They are simply not part of japanese society. They are only a problem if they are visible.

And yes, being an outcast in japanese schools is the worst case scenario. Not as fucking terrible as korea but quite there. Because unlike adults kids get absolutely triggered and will legitimately try to kick you out.

With outcasts we are talking not about the silent kid but the sperg or the edgy one kid who thinks he can larp lone warrior and then gets ganged up by 3 dudes out of school. The silent kid gets it easy. What triggers the classroom is talking back.
>>
>>125756767
There are other reasons people like Japan. Hispanic people do miss the warm of their countries, but they don't want to go back since they got used to the security levels in Japan.

It's retarded to assume it's paradise, it has its perks and disadvantages.
>>
>>125757085
>What triggers the classroom is talking back
Like talking back to the teachers (understandable) or if some kid calls you out and you take a stand?
>>
>>125757154
nobody gives a fuck about the teachers
it's talking back to the class itself. going against the mood, or doing edgy shit. not delinquent shit but starting dramas etc. Surefire way to find all your stuff vandalized.

In short, making it known you don't give a fuck about the group.

never seen those vids were korean/chinese 15 kids gang up on a single one and beat the living fuck out of him/her? like that, sans the violence
>>
>>125757207
Well this makes me feel better about growing up where I did. I was raised not to take shit from bullies and if I were stuck in a scenario like that I'd probably end up getting beat up by a gaggle of snot nosed twerps.
>>
>>125757249
i mean, it rarely ever gets that bad, after all they do hate violence. bad school are arguably worse on the profs because they are LA guetto level on terms of schoolkid behavior, all the way to the profs outright refuse to enforce order because it gets way worse for them. But at it's worst it's columbine tier for the kids.

If you wanna know about the lives of japanese schoolkids, the old blog gaijin crash is still an excellent resource
>>
>>125757335
Thanks for the info Anon, I'll give it a look! It's strange thinking that most higher end societies are generally the same and then realizing they aren't at all.
>>
>>125715977
That theme is actually kinda nice
>>
>>125757335
Not him but thanks for the resource.
>>
>>125739102
>Lone Wolf and Lamb
>>
>>125756802
I still don't understand what a sigma male even is. It sounds like someone eating shit and pretending they love it.
>>
>>125758863
that's a smegma male
>>
>>125747267
finish it please
>>
>>125746159
>>125746185
>>125747267
Amazing work anon
>>
>>125735080
>Sukeban wolf
>>
>>125758863
Here's the definition for you bud.
Sigma male: Sigma male is a slang term used in masculinist subcultures for a popular, successful, but highly independent and self-reliant man. Another term for a sigma male is a lone wolf.
>>
>OP post about Chirin no Suzu
>The entire thread talking about Jap is a shit
What?
That's does not even have any connection
>>
>>125759166
>The entire thread talking about Jap is a shit
That was like less than 1/6 of the thread calm your tits.
>>
>>125727191
He'll just have to beat it out of the sheep.
>>
>>125756254
Generally, just going fucking crazy attacking the predator would probably work some of the time for most prey animals, especially in numbers, except that there's not really any evolutionary incentive for it.
If you're a fast animal, you're much more likely to survive by running than by fighting. If you're a slow animal but have armor, like a tortoise or armadillo, you're much more likely to survive by defending and waiting it out than by fighting.
Most herbivores defend against predation by simply out-breeding it. Take something like a sheep, which is small enough that a single predator such as a wolf could kill it: Sure, if the rest of the herd were to rush the wolf and batter it to death with their hooves and horns, they'd probably win, but why would they do that? Animals are programmed to stay alive and breed so that they can pass on their genes and continue the cycle. If a wolf is eating sheep A, then all the better for sheep B because that means he's NOT getting eaten and has time to get away. Animals don't have medicine, so any altercation at all could be severely dangerous. Hell, even if they save the sheep being attacked, it might not live.
If you're capable of reproduction, there's not really any evolutionary reason to put yourself in danger to save someone that isn't your offspring, which is why prey animals haven't evolved that behavior.
The honey badger is the only animal I know of which has an evolution specifically to attack predators; its skin is very loose, allowing it to twist freely even when held in an animal's jaws in order to tear at the predators eyes/face/neck with its claws. It has very few natural predators as a result because it's generally just not worth the risk of injury for the predator. Still, it's a solitary animal and doesn't attack predators to save others.
>>
>>125756625
>Electric eel shock attack, in addition to being exhausting to use due to being nutrient-heavy, also gives them severe pain each time they use it
I can't find any source on this.
>>
>>125747267
finish when
>>
>>125759331
I actually just watched a video involving Cape Buffalo, the entire heard would circle a predator like a lion and take turns goring them just to wait for the lion to get up and do it all over again. And even purposely lead hunters into tall grass so their buddies can blindside them.
So I wasn't too far out of the ball park when it comes to certain horned animals being able to actually defend themselves as a herd.
>>
>>125760016
I’m on a road trip right now, I’ll draw some more tonight.
>>
>>125759374
Shocking.
:)
>>
>>125747267
bumping for potential
>>
>>125751281
That's what being a gentleman used to mean. When it's time to be gentle you act gentle and when it's time to be a man then be a man.
>>
>>125756732
Japan has many skelletons in it's closet like any culture really.
But for them not adressing this might fuck them up in the long run. You can't accumulate issues and expect things to work fine, specially since they havent fixed their birth rates (maybe some of the ignored issues are the cause, who knows).
>>
Do you think it would be possible to breed sheep to be agressive enought to attack in an stampede?
>>
>>125764293
yes but you mostly breed sheep to maximize their wool output, wool quality, or meat (and milk but that's not really lucrative)
>>
>>125716229
Sometimes you don't need to assign a binary message to a film.
My wife loves this movie and watches it to help set aside her trauma and grudges, most of which come from me being a stupid fuck when I was younger.
>>
>>125754855
Always thought Chirin's horns grew that way almost to symbolize how unnnatural he turned out.

I always assumed he hunted with the wolf and ate their kills together. He probably came off as an abomination by sheep standarts.
>>
>>125758863
>It sounds like someone eating shit and pretending they love it.
Pretty much. Maybe throw in some crypto fascist demagoguery and pretending it's ironic and you've got the sigma male meme.
>>
>>125746159
>>125746185
>>125747267
Please finish
>>
>>125765284
Wait, just clarifying, you're saying her trauma and grudges stem from you?
>>
File: snoyjak.png (498 KB, 988x1059)
498 KB
498 KB PNG
>>125766289
>Maybe throw in some crypto fascist demagoguery
>>
>>125766974
Soon.
>>
>>125767908
Based
>>
>>125768194
Not long now.
>>
>>125734705
A based person
>>
>>125756472
>s just prey tier cowardice
Anon, they're prey.
>>
>>125756931
>Japs simply don't believe in redemption. Not on a moral level. A thug who redeems himself was never a thug in their eyes. A hooker who goes clean and drops all her shitty habits was just a victim of circumstance.
This explains the amount of "easily forgiven" characters.
>>
>>125766976
Yeah? It happens when you spend 15+ years of your life with someone.
>>
>>125715977
Sad movie i admit, still love to torture myself watching it from time to time, but usually also watch arashi no yoru ni right after to swallow down the bitter sad and get a bittersweet aftertaste
>>
>>125757505
IN the end, they never are. There are some surface level similarities but goddamn the underlying core values can be WILDLY different.
>>
>Bad guy threatening kids or some shit
>MC kills or seriously injures bad guy
>Kids cry and say they're more afraid of him then bad guy
I hate this trope so goddamn much. I can understand if they don't get down on their knees and worship him, but no one, kid or adult, is going to throw a shitfit that someone saved them from a threat, even if they had to be threatening to do so.
>>
>>125771334
And if there's no salvation for him then he should've gone with the plan and stay with his wolf dad. Without some purpose in life it was all for nothing.
>>
>>125747267
4/?
Sorry for the wait. I think I’ll get another done tonight.
>>
>>125756092
The creator did come up with this story after his time in the army and said that his experiences their help shaped the film so probably.
>>
>>125771996
Anon, i loveyou, and also hope you had a nice roadtrip
>>
>>125771996
5/?
That’s it for tonight. Sorry for the low quantity, it’s late where I am and I’m pretty tired. The internet is also piss-poor.
>>
>>125772787
Good night anon, and many thanks
>>
>>125772787
>LOOK AT YOU! YOU CALL YOURSELVES WOLVES?! YOU'RE NOTHING BUT MUTTS WITHOUT A MASTER
>>
>>125772787
That look of raw anger in his eyes and the wolves panicked looks really sell that strip. Well done Anon!
>>
>>125746159
>>125746185
>>125747267
>>125771996
>>125772787
This bread wont stay alive long enough for a finish will it
>>
>>125715977
>/a/
>>
>>125772787
love it
>>
>>125773982
40 posts wont be enough to keep it bumped till then
>>
>>125734121

I always thought the joke here was that kid actually finds that guy who killed his family, he's long over it, because he got what he really wanted out of the Paladin temple, the ability to bring justice to seagulls smaller than the Big ones getting all the bread.
>>
>>125772787

DAMAGED! THEIR RESOLVE, BROKEN!
>>
At least there's no rape in the story.
>>
>>125771996
>>125772787
nice
>>
yeah i also saw steve reviews video, too
>>
>>125775748
HOW QUICKLY THE TIDE TURNS!
>>
>>125777615
REMIND YOURSELF THAT OVERCONFIDENCE IS A SLOW AND INSIDIOUS KILLER.
>>
bump
>>
sheep
>>
(bump)
>>125772787
A feeling of dread creeps in...
>>
File: 1627610382953.png (716 KB, 949x700)
716 KB
716 KB PNG
>>125746159
>>125746185
>>125747267
>>125771996
>>125772787
Fucking wicked.
>>
File: armstrong.jpg (177 KB, 1280x670)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
Why does this remind me of MGR? STANDING HERE
>>
>>125779929
OMELETTES, JACK
>>
>>125716376
This came out in 1978, and all the responses to this saying that Japan is actually secretly Detroit are just leftists damage controlling.
>>
>>125735137
Not being just a tough bastard but caring for the girl, gibing her what he never had.
>>
>>125772787
6/?
Should have more time today. Posting with this connection is painful, though.
>>
>>125781128
You should post this somewhere. Do you have a site for your art?
>>
File: 1629781850658.png (160 KB, 593x403)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>125781128
like a sheep in woolfs clothing
>>
File: Xavier.jpg (37 KB, 640x333)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>125781189
My eyes have been wooled but I will get the last baa in this twisted board game of ~LIFE~
>>
>>125718484
Imagine needing decades to kill someone you're with every day.
>>
File: poor little sperg soi.gif (23 KB, 112x112)
23 KB
23 KB GIF
>>125769421
>am i fitting in yet?
A based retard.
>>
>>125715977
Why is this /a/ thread allowed to stay here for this long? Why have jannies abandoned /co/?
>>
>>125781163
No, I just post on 4chan, mostly /co/ and a few select /qst/ threads.
>>
>>125781349
It looks more /co/ than /a/ so it’s fine
>>
>>125781349

You have an anon literally creating a comic out of a story some other anon decided to share, and the first thing you wonder is why the boot of authority isn't stamping down on this?
>>
>>125782818
Especially as /co/ mods like deleting threads out of spite even if they're on topic and we can do nothing but I don't know write feedback and hope they will be a new janitor application soon.
>>
>>125716376
Japanese crime “reports” are laughable.
>>
>>125764293
Yes, aggression has been bred into animals before. However, there’d be little reason to. It would also take a while to have horns that naturally grow like Chirin’s unless you got really lucky, though you could do that artificially
>>
>>125764293
Yes but that'd be stupid because you're putting the rancher himself at risk when he can buy sheep dogs instead.
>>
We must bio-engineer our sheep to be death machines and add cybernetics to further enhance their slaying capabilities.
>>
>>125784806

The stampeed is retarded, but there are ways to get the males at least to play the defensive role, while staying relatively safe for the humans around.

Goats for instance you have to establish early in their life a sense of you being dominant, and you have to actively learn to pin them to the ground and grab them by the throat, Ive seen a video of a guy demonstrating it with a rather big ram, he flips the fucking thing sideways and then puts his feet against its sides while holding the front legs and touching its neck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jjIz-m5bpo
>>
>>125781128
7/?
>>
File: DaehPig.png (592 KB, 600x395)
592 KB
592 KB PNG
>>125754855
I don't know sheep but there are demon pigs called Babirusa.
>>
>>125785023
poggers let draw anon finish before thread filled
>>
>>125785023

Shouldn't it be "they weren't fast enough"?

Also nice work.
>>
File: 1626822146266.gif (188 KB, 550x550)
188 KB
188 KB GIF
>>125785023

Why is Chirin wearing a Sonichu medallion?
>>
>>125716229
There doesnt always have to be a moral
>>
>>125785328
>Farmer places bell on young sheep to keep them from getting lost
>said sheep don't have hands
You can put two and two together right?
>>
>>125724632
Tokyo Revengers is a current anime you should check out then
>>
File: 1627501471429.jpg (70 KB, 878x592)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>125785379

joykill.
>>
>>125785023
This is good shit
GOOD shit
AND FROM A FUCKING CHILDRENS CARTOON FROM OVER 30 YEARS AGO.

FUCKING HOW?!
>>
>>125785564
Ikr? We stumbled onto a gold mine somehow with a drawfag and everything.
>>
File: europoor gondola.png (20 KB, 326x281)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>125785430
teehee
>>
>>125734705
The plan was learn to kill from the killer and proceed to kill him.
>>
>>125785328
Kek
>>
>>125781349
Jannies are too busy deleting greentexts to actually do their fucking jobs
>>
>>125785564
Passion and the desire to tell a story. This will inspire others to do the same.
>>
>>125715977
Cool stuff. Comfy. Thanks.
>>
>>125749474
do you know any modern day cartoon heroic protagonists or even heroes in media that are genuinely liked moreso than the villain.

Such as people liking Negan over rick grimes, dr. doom over reed richards, Thanos over everyone, Walter White over Hank, etc.
Either everyone is usually an asshole or the heroes are so "boring" to the public they gravitate to the villain because they're outnumbered by the ignorant masses, or they make the protagonist an anti-hero to garner a supportive audience which is how Walter white , billy butcher, and rick have such a crowd because they have a "point"
>>
>>125748899
Doesn’t Satan do what he does because he doesn’t know any better? It’s in his nature to do this stuff and therefore he has to do it since he doesn’t have free will like humans do.
>>
>>125789991
Satan was an angel and knew about right and wrong, under his angel life he thought it was right to attribute praise and loyalty to those who deserved it. When god didn’t praise him and ignored him satan thought he was being a slave to a misguided tyrant and thought his fellow angels would feel the same but it was pride (the cardinal sin) that led to all of satans vices to take over and lose his position in heaven.
Feeling like he bares the burden of truth on god he famously states “better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven”, he denounces any opportunity to repent he placed himself over others, which is why god didn’t play favorites with him because he valued himself so much and he wanted to be god.
Which is why he corrupts everyone with his charisma by making it reasonable to put yourself first which leads to every kind of sin and every religion demonizes the ego
>>
>>125789055
Not that I can remember, but I haven't watched many modern cartoons desu.

There is a translated passage from Michael Ende ("The Neverending Story") about the idea of evil and good that makes me think of this.

>In literature, evil is usually fascinating, or at least interesting, Richard III has a Luciferian glow that forces us to admire him, his lack of scruples, capable of anything, is great. Mephisto is simply the most effect role of Faust, and Dante's Inferno is read with more interest than Paradise. The good generally appears in literature as naive, harmless, often even a bit boring.

>In the reality of life - I dare to affirm in a very general way - evil is always small, vile, ordinary, cowardly, despicable, ultimately even monotonous and always equal to itself. On the contrary, the good is infinitely multiform (nihil ploriformius est amore), grandiose, creative, amazing, mysterious.
>>
>>125790872
I like the passage already I will give it a look
>>
>>125791220
It's not from the Neverending Story, but from his Zettelkasten which I don't think was ever translated to English as far as I know.

Neverending Story is 100% worth a read imho. Same for Momo. Very good stuff.
>>
>>125785023
8/?
I had much less time today than I thought I would have.
>>125785209
I wanted to keep the young wolf talking in present tense.
>>
>>125792412
i'm loving this anon, thank you very much
>>
>>125792412
You're pretty based Anon.
>>
File: 1625969563192.jpg (30 KB, 474x595)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>125792412
Excellent work anon, your OC is easily some of the best from this year.
>>
>>125792412
>I wanted to keep the young wolf talking in present tense.

I mean.... nah Im not going to be a nazi at spelling, your work's good enough.

Thanks for drawing all this man.
>>
>>125716229
That revenge makes you a monster too.
>>
I wonder how hard would it be to fight Chirin without weapons.
>>
>>125794367
He would kill you. he is faster than wolves and has trained for a good while.Plus I feel like trying to grab him by the horns would result in him either ramming you with them or throwing you off.
>>
So, someone saving the fan comic to the booru?
>>
>>125795204

Maybe he's a bicorn, he'll let a loosey woman approach him if she is down for fun and loosey enough.
>>
>>125782818
Yes. Fuck f/a/ggots. They don't deserve to live.
>>
>>125792412
so close anon
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (51 KB, 364x500)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Alternative cartoon for those who like interspecies
>>
>>125716312
The morale is: if you joined the gang, never, ever leave it. If you still leaved it, you're pretty much screwed.
Also, if your parents are gangsters (wolves), your only choice is to be with gang, because you were "born" gangster.
I would guess it was written by gangsters as a cautionary tale to their children and recruits.
>>
>>125715977
>/a/
>>
>>125797600
>dont read nip
>check jewtube
>reccomends eng version of this
google tracking sure is something
>>
>>125797600
Wasn't this shit pretty gay?
>>
>>125798751
It's supposed to be platonic "friendship", at least on surface.
Book: Gabu: Male; Mei: Ambiguous (Never mentioned)
Film: Gabu: Male; Mei: Male
Show: Gabu: Male; Mei: Female
>>
>>125797687
The ram is Kazuma Kiryu?
>>
>>125799017
Chirin everywhere system
>>
>>125785328
ELECTRIC
DEAD MOTHER
POWERS!
>>
>>125792412
Based drawfag
>>
>>125800388
>DEAD MOTHER
What? Did Barb fucking die or something?
>>
Cool thread
>>
>>125800935
That would certainly be a kick in the teeth after the recent happenings.
>>
File: 562077882378092545.png (27 KB, 128x128)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
Are you guys RETARDED? Are you guys AUTISTS? O are you just DISONHEST?

The moral is QUITE SIMPLE and made for CHILDREN. If you can't understand a movie made for CHILDREN what is wrong with you?

Also OP, you forgot mentioning that he killed all the dogs protecting the lambs right in front of them in cold blood. Why would the sheeps accept him?

https://youtu.be/DQt8CqVPNC4?t=2170
>>
File: 392845462249406467.png (26 KB, 128x128)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>125801705
Seriously, from their POV a crazy ram showed up out of nowhere, killed a bunch of dogs that were protecting them, them entered the building and kept staring at them panicking with a murderous expression. Then he killed a wolf, showing that he is even more dangerous than a wolf.

HOW THE HELL were they supposed to accept him? They have all reason to believe that he is an insane murderous retard (even if he isn't). What if he decided to kill any of them on a whin? Who could stop him? None of them could.
>>
>>125801737
It wasn't really up to them, was it? If I was the farmer, and I found a wild ram laying in front of my stable, wanting to get in without a fight and covered in the blood of my useless guard dogs with a dead wolf nearby, I would take it in.
>>
>>125801784
Pretty sure that a farmer forcing the other lambs to live with him wasn't what Chirin was looking for in life.
>>
>>125797600
Ahh, i see you're a man of culture as well.
>>
>>125797687
From the perspective of sinner with no chance at redemption like Chirin the best thing would be to just accept your new life as bad as it is.
Unless the ending is meant to be ambiguous like maybe he will find some purpose maybe he won't but the important thing is the route he took brought him only suffering and no satisfaction.
>>
>>125792412
9/?
>>125792988
Thanks. If I were writing this as a short story I would structure it differently to avoid confusion, but I figured the comic medium would allow for some creative liberty with the language used.
>>
>>125726303
Those are bosozoku
>>
>>125801962
>>125797687

The wolf knew better than anyone that training that sheep and taking it with him would only be to corrupt it, he saw through Chirin's soul, still that couldn't convert him into a traitor to his blood, specially when the reason he even went with the wolf was, as he said, to kill him; to protect his relatives from something he thought was injust, the intentions of his heart were pure, not really vengeance.
But as the wolf told him, that's just how this world is supposed to be. And the sheep had to go through that to understand it.

The wolf decided his fate when he didn't kill Chirin as a lamb. He choose him to be the one to end his life. He took him to attack the sheeps to finally show him what is like to be a "wolf", which was what Chirin wanted, but could never be; so he could complete the mission of his childhood, kill him. The wolf was proud that the lamb couldn't have his heart corrupted, that he finally understood his place, his nature, even if he, now, was something else: not a wolf, not even a sheep, and with no home.

The movie is pretty much symbology. A lot of times we let the world corrupt us so we can "overcome" it, to be tougher than it, but the only who overcomed the world is God. He uses trials and sorrow to teach us. It gets to a point where God puts you to reveal your heart, and if you have learned, then it's time for the wolf to leave.
>>
>>125802050
Cool interpretation.
>>
>>125794367
He smashed trees for training when he was a lamb, and if we take the training montage as canon then he’s fought multiple panthers and at least one bear. We’d get destroyed.
>>
Easy its the same thing was that one seven samurai movie, when you are strong society will hate you once you've done your role and brought peace, because ultimately they will fear you.
>>
>>125785052
To be fair, their tusks can’t be used for much of anything. A total Darwinian joke, I’m telling you.
>>
>>125803109
We live in a society
>>
>>125801976
10/?
>>
>>125715977
If this thread is allowed to stay up for this long, is it possible that I can nominate Chirin for Mr. /co/ next month?
>>
>>125802050
I like this take on the story.

Part of me wishes Chirin's Bell had a continuation. But it's ending fits the tragic tone.

I canonhead that Chirin became a boogieman of sorts to the sheep.

I want Beauty and the Beast sequel where an female sheep gets lost in the mountains and ends up meeting Chirin who guides her home. Becoming intrigued and learning about his past.
>>
>>125804645
Wolf kebab
>>
>>125801976
>>125804645
Good shit.
>>
>>125805254
He does become that. And they hear his bells coming from the mountains. Sheep moms probably scare their babies with stories about him. But I don't know what happened to him next. Death of starvation and loneliness doesn't sound like a good story because that means he could've just as well died in the fight Arthur/Mordred style since he's such a tragic hero.
But we don't see it o I like to think it's open to imagination maybe, because someone already mentioned Seven Samurai he could also travel the world where no one knew his past but I don't know what he could be looking for there I just don't think he would simply roll over and die.
>>
>>125747307
>>125747726
I really like Chirin's design alot
>>
>>125719297
>>125719318
Written by someone with no idea of strength, power leaves legacy and greatness while shaping the world according to your ambitions far more than keeping your head down as just another cog
>>
>>125805783
Kek, Chirin the Ronin sheep. The ending leaves many open endings.

On the bad end I imagine after realizing he killed his mentor and not being accepted by the sheep just drove Chirin into despair and allowed himself to die in the mountains. Maybe even becoming a yokai or restless spirit after death in a Japanese folklore fashion. Or on a lighter note, is reunited with his mother in the end.

I'm also fond of a romance option with a girl sheep (ewe?) Because Chirin having lived his life for revenge and becoming stronger without other life prospects. Being suddenly developing feelings for another sheep, and finding some companionship and comfort is comfy.

Bonus points if Chirin is socially awkward and clueless. I'm a sucker for those stories. Maybe despite finding love he is still not accepted by the rest of the flock and he and his mate resort to living alone in the mountains. His descendants becoming feral sheep.
>>
File: 1_QjXhrWGlMKvL-AuQldneKA.jpg (1.41 MB, 3000x2000)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
I'm surprised this /a/ thread didn't get deleted but then again, this is /co/. Love this movie.
>>
>>125806659
Imagine if Chirin ends up killing someone's mom, and that mom's son comes to HIM to train.
>>
>>125801784
Even if the farmer took him in why should that immediately endear him to rest of the sheep?
>>
>>125806793
/co: jannies only exist to delete puppet threads.
>>
>>125716229
Growing up has no perks.
>>
>>125716229
You'd poop your pants if you watched old black and white Yakuza movies.
>>
>>125718174
Japanese culture takes great pride in the acceptance of fate and fatalism.
It's rooted in Shintoism.
That kind of behavior is considered very masculine and brave.
>>
File: 1563479828522.jpg (57 KB, 1238x480)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>125716376
Considering the last brutal violence to happen there was a building going to blaze, Japan's doing alright.
>>
>>125765284
>>125770446
F for anon.
Going to get choked in his sleep one day.
>>
>>125809432
Only recognise Tohru. Who else?
>>
>>125810500
I see Uraraka second from the left.
>>
>>125807240
That almost happens at the end of the film. But Chirin stops himself when a lamb gets in frontvto protect his mother.
>>
>>125734705
It's just samurai honor bullshit.
It's one thing to kill innocent people, but it is degenerate to deny someone the right to get their revenge.
>>
>>125809432
I mean...at least the police are still doing a good job at covering up crime...

https://www.tokyoreview.net/2017/08/myth-japans-bored-police/
>>
>>125811972
In today's environment, cops are bad.
So they're doing everyone a favor.
>>
File: Rhino.jpg (102 KB, 1000x665)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>125756091
>It's why all animals that have such weapons only use them for mating related purposes, not for defense.
>>
>>125804645
Drawfag here. Sorry I haven’t finished the next page yet, I’ve been at a family gathering for the past 5-ish hours. I’m also travelling home tomorrow, which will take the entire day. If the thread stays alive until about 10 o’clock Britbong time then I’ll definitely finish this thing.
>>
>>125809432
The last brutal violence that you know of. Homeless people in Japan get their ass beat, sexual assaults and rape gets ignored, and your job driving you to commit suicide or die due to over work. Japan just likes to keep their troubles away from public view as much as possible. Those that speak up, get hammered down. I say this as a hentai loving /a/fag.
>>
>>125749960
could be a long-haired dude in that bed
>>
>>125806551
As long as you keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>125812616
Yeah but things are different.
You have no data proving that Japan is as bad as Detroit despite claiming that. On Japan they also see suicide as a noble way to go, rather than the way the west sees it, they don't speak up because it's not considered a failure like the west sees. Also at least they are not okay with rampant genital mutilation to fulfill insane beliefs
>>
>>125813532
>Also at least they are not okay with rampant genital mutilation to fulfill insane beliefs
>He doesn't know about New-Halfs
>>
>>125812499
Or just look at how good horses are at kicking you in the face with their hooves.
>>
>>125813652
Back then they were called Shudo.
A gender you grew out of.
>>
>>125814444
Quads for truth.
>>
>>125811193
Well, lucky for that lamb then. At least his mom survived.
>>
>>125812546
As a suggestion, you could set up a temporary account at either page you want just to submit it the fancomic
>>
>>125812546
I'll wait until you return.
>>
>>125814305
People don’t give horses enough credit. Fuckers are terrifying.
>>
>>125813652
>New-Halfs
?
>>
>>125812499
Giraffes also decapitate Lions with their kicks
>>
>>125818076
Shemales.They keep their penises, I think.
>>
>>125757335
All I'm getting while searching gaijin crash are warthunder related things. Did that blog change names?
>>
>>125818458
So do Zebras.
>>
>>125814305
Sheep farmers will buy a single Alpaca they'll mix in with the herd because they both herd with any animal that looks like them so long as another Alpaca isn't available and will stomp predators to death if they come fuck with its sheep family.
>>
>>125716312
I will never be able to see it as "revenge bad" again.
>>
>>125806551
And every state based off that 'truth' fails miserably.
>>
>>125819456
Well said. The (retarded) misunderstanding comes the false dichotomy of being either a power-mad tyrant oppressor, or a complete cuck. There is a middleground, but based and redpilled refuse to see it, due to the need to appear tough on an anonymous anime imageboard.
>>
>>125812546
>>125816344
Seconding. I can't wait to read the end of this
>>
>>125819527
The dude seemed pretty based as a hunter before he became a power mad tyrant. But there is a historical president for discarding 'there is no truth but power' as it constantly weakens societies and justifies Dahmer type shit.
>>
>>125819605
"There is no truth but power" is very thinly veiled "I was bullied and never EVER got over it".
>>
>>125747267
holy fucking based
>>
>>125812546
I love you so much drawfag.
>>
>>125816344
I suppose I could upload the rest to a booru in the event that the thread dies. Is there anywhere where it’s already being posted? If not, which booru should I use? I generally just post what I make to 4chan and forget about it, so I’m not sure how this stuff works.
>>
>>125820475
Quick searching I stumbled with 'The /co/llection booru, that'll probably work
>>
>>125819527
>There is a middleground
China?
>>
>>125820667
No, Shill, leaving peacefully with your neighbors, but also defending without compromises when attacked.
>>
>>125715977
This is one of the best threads I’ve read through in a very long time.
>>
>>125736320
>>125756171
/co/ is fucking worse
/co/ is inferior
/co/ allowing this thread is weakness
It is an infection of people colonizing this place for their liking and not respecting the rules
At least /a/ talks about anime and understands the borders
/co/ will do everything to avoid talking about comics and cartoons
>>
>>125820805
>>125820834
seethe
>>
>>125820805
nae.
>>
>>125820928
>>125821210
If you're not here for /co/ntent, than leave
>>
File: bait in 1080p.jpg (49 KB, 861x564)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>125820805
>is not /co/ in any shape or form
>does not know about Toonami threads
>>
>>125821475
Toonami threads are on borrowed time
Adult Swim is going under when Family Guy walks out
>>
File: 1596005299350.png (594 KB, 800x792)
594 KB
594 KB PNG
>>125804645
This is so good. I love your art style
>>
>>125809432
>muh anime studio
Are you retards only able to think within the narrow confines of the media you consume and just nothing else ever? This is fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>125756668
I think the term was kodokushi or something (lonely death)
>>
>>125716359
He’s not a superhero, he’s a kid who joined he same wolf that killed his mother and became like him to kill the wolf
>>
>>125809432
>Fire didn't kill the paedophile apologist show Miss Kobayashi's Guide to Sexual Assault
>>
>>125822098
>paedophile apologist
Wut
>>
>>125821289
nae.
>>
>>125822839
Kanna and her human best friend. Worst part of the show desu
>>
File: Delinquent-Chart-Small.jpg (3.13 MB, 3167x4275)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
>>125724632
>>
File: 140.jpg (16 KB, 292x257)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>125823853
>Rokudenashi Blues
>>
>>125716933
It's a hard knock life
>>
>>125804645
Your art is fucking amazing anon.
>>
>>125823853
This needs to be updated, and A-Bout is way too low
>>
>>125821837
>>125824292
Thanks. To be perfectly honest I was just looking for a faster way to draw the wolves and black wolf-shaped blobs seemed like an easy way to do it. Chirin’s the only one I have to really draw.
I have no idea how comic artists do this.
>>
>>125825772
Well it's utterly fantastic and I love your choice of present tense as well. It's more in the moment.
>>
>>125812546
Bump for this before I go to bed.
>>
>>125824586
didn't read that one yet, where would you place it
>>
Just sat down and watched this movie. First time I've cried this in years
>>
>>125827014
At the very least upper tier, but I don't understand this ranking system since the categories don't seem to be the deciding factor (Hot Road seems to be relying entirely on its art). It's also getting regular updates.
>>
>>125823764
>t. Retard
>>
>>125812546
>>125826915
Take it to /a/
>>>/a/
>>
>>125828674
nae.
>>
>>125828674
no
>>
>>125820834
But if /co/ avoids talking about comics and cartoons, doesn’t that imply that they in fact do understand the border of what is and isn’t /co/?
>>
>>125830944
/co/ doesn't understand the borders mean to only talk about comics and cartoons
/co/ is infested with parasites that refuse to go to /a/ for anime discussion
>>
>>125715977
Kind of a useless farmer.
>>
>>125831801
Now that you mention it even at nightime he should have at least tried.
>>
>>125832125
You would think he would at least hear the dogs getting mangled right?
>inb4 the farmer was scared of Chirin
>>
>>125832141
Fucker put a bell on Chirin so he shoul be able to hear his dogs getting killed.
>>
>>125832195
>inb4 the farmer always drinks an entire bottle of Nyquil to go to sleep
This is my only explanation
>>
>>125804645
11/?
Sorry for the wait. I’m finally back home and absolutely shattered, but I’ll try and get one more page out tonight before I collapse.
>>
>>125832768
>Chirin flips the wolf like a coin.
>It lands heads up.
>This means that Chirin must go home.
>>
>>125833118
call it, wolfo
>>
>>125832768
12/?
Nearing the end. I hope the thread lives. If it doesn’t, I’ll post the ending to the /co/llection like >>125820499 said I should.
>>
>>125735222
>A Journey Through Fairyland
HOLY FUCK I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR YEARS HOLY SHIT
>>
>>125833772
top notch paneling mate
>>
>>125809468
Really good post
>>
>>125832768
>>125833772
This is some cool shit thanks for coming back.
>>
This may be an /a/ thread, but as a resident
/a/non, this is a very high-quality thread with an
incredible amount of OC and I'm happy it
exists, regardless of board placement.
>>
>>125733902
Maybe he should have just fucked the Sphinx.
>>
>>125834812
You are a disease
Go back to /a/ instead of killing this board
>>
>>125833772
Top notch work, mate. I really appreciate the energy you brought to this thread and this animation.
>>
>>125835292
Chirin is B A S E D confirmed
>>
>>125835292
>this thread has survived nearly an entire week with over 200 posters
This Anon's got it right, this thread has been crazy productive and worth keeping.
>>
>>125834077
Just about every time I mention this movie I get this reply. Are you the same guy that always says this, or does this just keep happening.
>>
>>125836023
No, I'm not even a /co/ regular I just stopped by on a whim. By the way, do you happen to know where I could watch it subbed?
>>
>>125836092
No but there’s currently a dub on youtube:
https://youtu.be/cd4D09Sosx4
>>
>>125835935
>This Anon's got it right, this thread has been crazy productive and worth keeping.
This thread doesn't belong here
>>
>>125836203
Yeah I found that one, guess I'll settle for it.
>>
>>125836023
Journey Through Fairyland is one of those "Rented this neat looking cartoon at Mr. Video butI have no damn idea what Anime is because it's like 1994 or something" Anime"
Might be Chirirn is the same way.
>>
>>125836310
I could argue that Speed racer and Astro boy but it wouldn't even matter that much. For example my fathers favorite "Cartoon" in his words is Star Blazers and yes that is indeed technically an anime however it's just a cartoon in the eyes of a boomer. Are studio Ghibli films not allowed to be talked about on here too despite being licensed by disney?
>>
>>125836618
/co/ is /co/
/a/ is /a/
Double standard rules apply
If a Japanese company licensed a western cartoon, that doesn't make it /a/
Don't be a wishy washy wuss and take anime discussion to /a/
We shouldn't make these exceptions if other boards aren't gonna do them as well
What makes /co/ different?
>>
>>125836554
>Journey Through Fairyland is one of those "Rented this neat looking cartoon at Mr. Video butI have no damn idea what Anime is because it's like 1994 or something" Anime"

Exactly what happened to me, blew my fucking mind.
>>
>>125836664
>If a Japanese company licensed a western cartoon, that doesn't make it /a/
Bingo! Then it's perfectly fine to talk about on here glad to see we agree.
also.
We shouldn't make these exceptions if other boards aren't gonna do them as well
/v/, /vg/, /k/, and most of the other popular boards would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>125836798
>Bingo! Then it's perfectly fine to talk about on here glad to see we agree.
I said that DOESN'T make it /a/
>/v/, /vg/, /k/, and most of the other popular boards would like to have a word with you.
There's no honorary /v/
There's no honorary /k/
>>
>>125836618
>Are studio Ghibli films not allowed to be talked about on here too despite being licensed by disney?
Ghibli movies go to /a/ and not /co/
>For example my fathers favorite "Cartoon" in his words is Star Blazers and yes that is indeed technically an anime however it's just a cartoon in the eyes of a boomer.
And Tom & Jerry would be called anime by an elderly Japanese man who saw it on TV
>>
File: Carl.png (54 KB, 300x343)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>125836836
>There's no honorary /v/
>There's no honorary /k/
AHAHAHAHA okay whatever you say.
>>
>>125836798
What's honorary /a/?
>>
>>125836873
>And Tom & Jerry would be called anime by an elderly Japanese man who saw it on TV
Exactly my point anon. It doesn't really matter where it's from a cartoon is an anime and an anime is a cartoon.
>>
>>125836883
/v/ may be a shit board and have stealth off topic threads but nobody's gonna be a faggot and say its okay because it's "honorary /v/"
/co/'s the only board that pulls that crap to justify it
Honorary /co/ is one of the things that killed this board
>>
File: 1578278725583.jpg (59 KB, 704x659)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>125836954
>Exactly my point anon. It doesn't really matter where it's from a cartoon is an anime and an anime is a cartoon.
Why the fuck do you think we have two separate boards you fucking retard?
/co/ is for western cartoons
/a/ is for anime
/a/ doesn't accept western cartoons
/co/ doesn't shut the fuck up about anime
See the difference?
See why this place sucks?
>>
>>125836954
Okay, double standards time
Make a Western cartoon thread on /a/
See where that gets you
If you're so confident about what you're saying, do that and prove me wrong
>>
>>125837063
>I-if you're so great do it again
We literally had a Chirin thread on /v/ a day or two ago and it lasted quite awhile.
But by all means you can keep crying
>>
>>125837237
I said /a/
Do a western cartoon thread on /a/
That would prove me wrong
>>
>>125718174
>>125718289
It's a matter of honor. The only person who could possibly be worthy of killing you is the apprentice you've trained to be able to do so.
>>
>>125837237
Liar
https://arch.b4k.co/_/search/boards/v.meta/text/chirin/
>>
>>125837420
Personally I don't care about your opinion but i'm sure it'll do just fine i
>>
>>125837522
Then of course, you've never actually been on /a/
They have a no tolerance policy
We could use that
>>
>>125837734
why do you care so much to begin with Anon? Are you not happy to see a decent thread on /co/? If anything can you stop shitting up this thread please?
>>
Waiting on drawanon to come back and finish the comic. This was so great and unexpected to read.
Thank you, drawanon.
>>
>>125837776
>to see a decent thread on /co/
It belong on /a/
I'm sick and tired of people coming here to talk about whatever they want
I'm sick of tired of this board being a fucking joke
>>
>>125836769
>the imp scene
>the bug scene

this is dredging primordial memories from my brain, holy fuck
>>
>>125838032
>I'm sick of tired of this board being a fucking joke
With the actual on-topic content this board is a joke anon, western cartoons are garbage. Like, even if you got rid of all off-topic threads /co/ would still be shit, because what it's meant to discuss is shit. The /co/ you want to preserve isn't worth preserving, there is nothing in it worthy of respect, or nothing so popular or numerous that one can fill the entire board with high-quality on-topic threads. If 99% of the board is shit by default, and some of the 1% happens to be not on-topic, then that's only a plus.
>>
>>125838120
>With the actual on-topic content this board is a joke anon, western cartoons are garbage.
THEN WHY THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN GO HERE
>>
>>125838032
You will never fit in, and no one here will like you. I am not saying that lightly.
>>
>>125838276
Because despite all the garbage most of us Anon have to sift through, there is sometimes a thread actually worth getting into. I myself am here for the Helluva/Hazbin threads but stumbled upon the Chirin thread and took a liking to it.
>>
>>125838288
If you're not here for western comics and cartoons
Leave
This isn't the place for you
>>
>>125838406
But Chirin isn't /co/
I'm more offended by people saying it is because of made up rules
At least you're now being honest in that its off topic
Anime threads are a virus
They increase East vs West threads
They slowly overtake the board because it invites chucklefucks thinking its okay or even question what this board is for despite the rules being plain and simple
>>
>>125838288
This thread isn't /co/ and you shouldn't be here
I am not saying that lightly
>>
>>125838276
>THEN WHY THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN GO HERE
I happened to stumble upon an actually decent comic, Hillbilly, and wanted to make a thread about it, since it was actually worth discussing. Found this thread instead and am having a much better time.
>>
>>125838406
>I myself am here for the Helluva/Hazbin threads
You literally said western cartoons are garbage earlier
You're a two faced piece of shit
Instead of veering off topic, you should encourage /co/ to remain on topic but also find enjoyable content
>>
fuck you. im gonna hang in this thread till Anon finishes his comic and there's nothing you can do to stop me.
>>
>>125838583
I hope this thread gets archived first
>>
>>125838572
You're talking to multiple anon's retard I'm not the same guy you we're originally talking too, on another note I didn't say ALL western comics are bad I just said there is a lot of bullshit to sift through. Learn some reading comprehension.
>>
>>125838638
>With the actual on-topic content this board is a joke anon, western cartoons are garbage.
>anon, western cartoons are garbage.
>western cartoons are garbage.
Anon's post didn't specify shit beyond western cartoons in general
>>
If /a/ wouldn't allow the opposite
/co/ shouldn't
/a/ is a better board than us
They keep it on topic
They refuse e-celebs, Death Battle threads, off topic shittery, etc
We should be like them
Why do you people refuse this?
Why do you hate /co/?
>>
>>125838739
>Wahh my clubhouse isnt to my liking
>>
>>125838790
This is a western comics and cartoon board
Why isn't it being one?
>>
>>125838790
>Wahh I'm a retard who doesn't know /a/ is already a thing and demands /co/ to be my hugbox
>>
>>125838701
I'm here for a literal western cartoon ya moron, I watch western shows despite some of them turning into shit. I don't know what you're getting at Anon but I'm not the other two guys you're talking to.
Also you sound like an insufferable faggot.
>>
>>125838889
And I said it wasn't your post
It was the other guy's
>>
>>125838870
seethe more.
>>
>>125838561
>Hillbilly
Okay I'll say this
Good taste
My point is that I'd rather see /co/ flock to content like this that is on topic instead of seeing anime as the alternative for discussion by default
>>
>>125838909
my final statement still stands.
>>
>>125838928
Why do you hate /co/ so much?
Why do you want this board to be even more shit?
Why do you want this place to be even closer to a /qa/ level abomination?
There should be no exceptions because if one thing passes, more people will demand more off topic shit to be allowed because of double standards
>>
>>125839064
>Why do you want this board to be even more shit?
not the same anon you were talking to but everything was doing fine until you showed up. Get ye gone faggot.
>>
>>125839090
>not the same anon you were talking to but everything was doing fine until you showed up. Get ye gone faggot.
It was never fine
It was never on topic and you know it
Give people this thread and they'll make more
They'll take more from /co/
They'll take and take and take and take like they always fucking do
The morons here will make more threads like these for all sorts of flavor of the month anime because they're too retarded to properly use /a/ and they'll come crawling here because its their refugee board
/co/ shouldn't be a refugee board
>>
>>125839189
Okay now I know for a fact your schizo, holy shit man you sound fucking insane. I usually don't say this meme worthy shit but seriously take your meds.
>>
>>125839237
Dude, you're on 4chan
Both of us are just staring at a screen looking bored
>>
File: tiny-violin.jpg (4 KB, 136x111)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>125839064
>>125839189
>>125839332

Heres a tiny violin to show you just how much I care. Everyone was having fun till your lame ass showed up. You are literally someone no one invites to parties because you make women uncomfortable. The person everyone in your high school remembers as "that creepy guy". That guy who when they post just oozes stale frito chips and mountain dew through the computer screen. The type of person whose family has to double check to make sure you're on the list of people to remind to invite to Christmas or thanksgiving because they probably forgot.. You can't even vibe and have fun with anonymous people on an anonymous board without making other autists sigh and roll their eyes. Jesus christ himself cannot even heal your lameness.

Anyways. I remember watching this anime when I was a kid because I found it in the kids movie section of my local Family Video rental store.
>>
>>125839332
speak for yourself schizo. I'm playing ffxiv on the other monitor.
>>
>>125839393
And this thread shouldn't have been invited because it's not a comic or cartoon of western origin
There's no defending it
This is why /a/ laughs at us
Don't you fuckers understand?
We're inviting more people to hijack this board because we allow it?
>>
>>125839393
Do you seriously want more East vs West spam on a daily basis?
If yes?
You're part of the problem
If no?
This thread IS part of the problem
>>
>>125839450
>>125839472
don't you have cumsocks you should get rid of before your mom complains again?

Anyways have some Chirin Art i found while we wait for the end of anons comic. And if its not done by the end of the thread we'll just make a new one.
>>
>>125839472
>This thread IS part of the problem
No anon the problem here. I barely ever see any east vs west shit on /co/ and when it is brought up it's usually to show what a strong woman should look like. You're fear mongering attempt has failed. You may leave now.
>>
>>125839507
>we'll just make a new one.
Great you're proving my point
You let one /a/ thread in, you get more
>>
>>125839553
*No you are the problem*
>>
>>125839553
>I barely ever see any east vs west shit on /co/
I envy your ignorance
https://desuarchive.org/_/search/boards/co.desu.meta/text/east%20vs%20west/type/op/
>>
>>125839563
what you going to do about it? complain?
>>
>Leave for a couple of hours
>Come back to see draw anon posted new pages and a lot of autism
I'll take it. It's been comfty for the most part.
>>
>>125839592
>Lets discuss /co/ crossover with /a/. And by that i mean creative influences on creators, fanart between the two, and any and all other crossover. We have too damn many East vs West threads, its retarded, lets enjoy the best of both worlds. Lets get an obvious example out of the way for the obligatory thread pic and get this show on the road. Lets be friends, friends.
This doesn't sound bad at all anon, sounds like an interesting collab
>>
>>125839634
He's going to make it his sole mission to destory every other thread because if he can't like it neither can we :^)
>>
>>125839650
As boards, /a/ hates /co/
/co/ should hate them back instead of serving as an /a/ colony
I like Japanese media
I like Western media
But /a/ as a board is not /co/'s friend and /co/ shouldn't share space with /a/
>>
>>125839650
i'd be for it. Theres a surprising amount of Berserk/Disney crossover art and I don't know if it was for a joke, or if people are serious but it looks fun.
>>
>>125839708
I like Chirin
I do
But Chirin shouldn't go here
Chirin belongs with its kind
>>
>>125839650
>This doesn't sound bad at all anon, sounds like an interesting collab
Wow Anon, you're ignoring the countless people angry at East vs West threads in the catalog at the time
>>
>>125839712
you make this sound like some sort of country dispute are you from /pol/? Literally no one here has given a shit about it until you showed up. Seriously just fucking leave there's nothing here for you and there's clearly no changing minds so why are you still here?
>>
>>125839738
Wow that looks like a fun thing!
>>
>>125839634
>>125839708
Spamming's against the rules faggots

>>125839776
There were people pointing out this thread should go on /a/ before I showed up
>>
>>125839708
I admit it, its admirable for one man to out sperg an entire board of autists who enjoy colorful moving pictures. Its also kind of pathetic because imagining a fat guy with greasy hair and an unkempt beard being this upset over one thread about an old Japanese cartoon is kind of funny.
>>
>>125839738
Who woulsd have been Casca in this scenario?
>>
>>125839814
>S-spamming
Keep crying faggot.
>>
>>125839776
I just feel there should be a double standard
Why does /a/ get to be the way that it is while /co/ is treated differently?
Why would an /a/ thread be tolerated here but a /co/ thread on /a/ is rightfully purged immediately?
Why is there such a lack of care from both the people in charge and the people on this board?
It just feels like an excuse to get away from the mediums this board was meant for
>>
>>125839742
>Chirin belongs with its kind
Not acording to that ending he doesn't
>>
>>125839856
>faggots
Your pic makes no sense
Faggots is plural
I meant spamming Chirin threads
Not only would it be spam, it'd be off topic spam as well

>>125839868
Touche
I'll give you that
>>
>>125839814
>Spamming's against the rules faggots

Why don't you eat my ass and the turd that comes out of it?
>>
>>125839844
If its Donald Duck I'm imagining Daisy? In House of Mouse she has flirted with Mickey in several episodes.
>>
File: Refugee.jpg (38 KB, 258x341)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>
Great now we don't get to see drawfag doing the rest of his comic
>>
>>125839955

He did say he'd post on https://the-collection.booru.org/ if he didn't finish. So there's that.
>>
>>125840051
I guess we'll have to wait and hope
>>
>>125839955
Im sorry about the autism Anon there will be more soon enough though.
>>
>>125839858
>Why is there such a lack of care from both the people in charge and the people on this board?
>>
>>125840101
Having a Chirin thread is no different from any other /a/ thread
Again, what part of double standards don't you get?
>>
>>125840086
Its fine draw anon. We'll just have to make another thread to see it finished! Or post on the booru or somewhere so people can see it. Already saved it for later viewing.
>>
>>125840496
>>125840086
Save us both the time and post it in the Booru
>>
But seriously though, if you're gonna make a Chirin thread
Why not /a/?
What's wrong with /a/?
>>
>>125840635
>What's wrong with /a/?
What isn't wrong with /a/?
>>
>>125840890
>What isn't wrong with /a/?
No Death Battle threads
No East vs West threads
No E-Celeb drama threads
Everyone agrees that non /a/ content shouldn't be posted
Sounds like a perfectly moderated board to me
>>
>>125841004
>Full of weebs
>full of autists that will eat up anything as long as booba is involved
>nothing truely interesting to discuss
>Everyone has one mindset about
it's boring Anon, there is no reason to go to /a/ accept for current year anime shit.
>>
Drawfriend is a goddamn hero for making what he's almost done making, rulefag should kill himself.
>>
>>125841119
*everything*
>>
>>125841119
>Full of weebs
What the fuck would you expect?
At least its /a/ content and besides, /co/'s guilty of it as well
Anime and manga have so much variety its ludicrous
Objectively speaking, /a/ is the better board than /co/
>>
>>125841119
>Full of weebs
Anon you described /co/
>>
>>125841213
I beg to differ, I've had to deal with multiple different opinions before on here. /co/ isn't full of bugmen like /a/
>>
>>125841258
>/co/ isn't full of bugmen like /a/
And yet somehow, /co/ is even worse

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.