[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

ITT rare examples of synergy actually benefiting/adding to comics. Pic related for example is Lady Octopus looking like ITSV Olivia Octavius. Other such examples could be John Diggle becoming a Green Arrow supporting character, or Venom’s/symbiote’s function in Spider-Man TAS

Can you think of any other examples? Hard mode: ideas in adaptations you actually want integrated in comics
>>
File: Batman_121.jpg (94 KB, 360x450)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>124592956

Without Bruce Timm we would never have the complete salvaging of Mr. Freeze who was a just a goofy, joke villain before he got a real backstory
>>
>>124593088
That's Lex Luthor though?
>>
>>124593088
Wonder why they changed his name from Mr Zero to Mr Freeze?
>>
>>124592956
>ITT rare examples of synergy actually benefiting/adding to comics.
Why did you start with something that made a character look worse than they did before synergy?
>>
>>124593763
Anon you are entitled to your opinion, but I honestly prefer the Olivia-esque look over Trainer’s original 90s look
>>
>>124593088
Give a little credit to the guy who actually wrote the episode in question: Paul Dini.
>>
>>124592956
Damn, she looks sexy.
>>
Don't get me wrong, this book was bad, the show was bad. However Black Bolt having sign language isn't bad. Hell limiting it to Inhuman sign language that either only he or other inhumans uses will allow writers to keep using him the old way if they want. This would allow writers to better express Black Bolt's personality without narration or making him actually talk.
>>
>>124593858
This. Why does Timm get all the credit, when most of the DCAU was great thanks to Dini and Burnett.
>>
>>124593858
>>124594299
Don’t forget Dwayne McDuffie. Honestly it’s really fucking annoying how Timm is taking full credit for this shit, like he’s the Bob Kane of the DCAU.
>>
>>124592956
Kind of a subversion here since Ultimate did it first, but I'm glad the movie popularized the design of giving Ock a sick trenchcoat. Really helps the design flow imo
>>
>>124592956
My only gripe is that it looks like a completely different character. I mean, it *is* a completely different character, but thhey're branding her as Trainer.

Really, all they needed to do to sell it as Trainer was to keep her pink/magenta/occasionally purple hair. She already has a headpiece- this time goggles instead of Carolyn's traditional diadem-looking thing, and she's got the alternate tentacles, both of which were a big part of Lady Octopus' physical design. All they needed to keep, was the hair.

..and maybe widen her slighly, too- I recall Carolyn being surprisingly broad for a 90s woman.
>>
>>124594621
Why is the hair a big deal?
>>
File: asm406.jpg (969 KB, 1821x2800)
969 KB
969 KB JPG
>>124594670
Because hair like that didn't used to be a warning to stay away.
>>
>>124594719
Well too late for that now. If it’s not vital to me he character or serves a story purpose, it’s flexible. A shame dyed hair is now a huge red flag. Maybe the trend will circle back

Though I like the Olivia tied up hair because the shape reminds you of an octopus body
>>
File: george sanders.jpg (33 KB, 425x342)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>124593088
A real backstory they obviously cobbled together from the 1966 TV Show.

Also, I'd say he's an even bigger joke now since "Muh Wife" has become his whole character, resulting in crap like Lazara, Mrs. Freeze, or Snyder's friendzone Freeze.
>>
File: SinSisters.jpg (2.87 MB, 2364x3600)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB JPG
>>124592956
She cute.
>>
>>124593088
I think the Adam West version (especially his first episodes) deserves more credit than it is given. They double down on Bruce’s guilt for the accident, which became a staple concept for other villains like Two Fave later, and Freeze has a whole dialogue about everything he lost because of the accident. That version was honestly pretty good despite the lack of blue makeup.
It definitely set up the blueprint for Dini to expand on.
>>
>>124595976
hot
>>
>>124595976
I love how this run reminded us that women are horrible in the workplace. Also what will Francine do now that Max Dillion is back from the dead?
>>
>>124592956
Nah.

If anything, TAS ruined any nuisance the original symbiote saga had. It devolved it into the tired Temptation of Evil story we know today instead of Peter dealing with the consequences and responsibilities of directly and indirectly ruining the lives of two beings.
>>
>>124592956
Kano and his Australian background is pulled from the Mortal Kombat movies.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.