[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Imagine you're a normie. You've just watched the Avengers or whatever and you think "I really liked the Iron Man character. I'll read some of his comics" and instead of Iron Man in an Iron Man comic you're greeted with whatever the fuck this is. Is it any wonder the average book is lucky to move 5000 copies despite the films making billions of dollars?
>>
>>124592266
She hasn’t been Iron Man for a while anon
>>
The MCU will make it work.

I don't think you understand how little normies care about "the culture war" compared to you fags. Watch, Shang-chi is going to make mad stacks and you people are going to be screaming "Th-they used their own money to fake it!" all over again.
>>
>>124592291
>She hasn’t been Iron Man for a while anon
She was at the height of popularity of the Iron Man movies.
>>
>>124592301
Shmag chi and eternals are both actually at risk of bombing. Especially after black widow
>>
>>124592266
Did you read the comic?
>>
>>124592266
>Oh no is that a black person? I'm going insaaaaaaaaaaaaane
>>
>>124592308
You mean 2016? Because Iron Man 3 is not the height of popularity for Iron Man
That movie sucked donkey balls
>>
>>124592266
Greetings youtuber. You may be interested to know that Riri isn't in the Iron Man comics anymore; she's a third stringer in a team book. The Iron Man books are back to being about Tony and have been for quite some time.
>>
>>124592301
>Shang-chi is going to make mad stacks

Why would it? What makes it good or special?

>>124592308

Riri was created three years after Iron Man 3.

So no.
>>
>Another WOMYN BAAAAAAAAD thread by the sad incel gatekeeping comics
>>
>>124592331

I have and it was ass. Bendis is not a writer and Riri was not a character until he fucked off.
>>
>>124592266
You mean a comic where Tony Stark is a hologram and guiding another person using the armor? Oh my Lord, how terrible! The comic wasn’t exactly like the movie! How will fans ever recover from this betrayal?!
>>
>>124592348
>Greetings youtuber

It's so obvious where these retards come from
>>
>>124592319
Black Widow bombed because there are HD rips available day one, COVID restrictions are still in place in some places (here in NSW Australia we literally can't see it because we are in hard lockdown), she is already dead and the reviews are ... its fine totally average.
>>
>>124592339
>>124592354
So yes.
It was the same thing with every other character.
Thor was replaced with Whor, Captain America with Falcon, Hulk with that asian guy nobody gives a shit about, etc.
>>
>>124592308
This is your brain on /pol/
>>
>>124592355

Except that was not the problem anyone had with Riri. She could have been great. But she wasn't.

That is something you can say a lot these days, unfortunately.
>>
>>124592339
2016 was Civil War.
Iron Man 3 came out in 2013. So he'd already had his full trilogy 3 years before Riri was even a thing. The hypothetical person OP is making up would've had to have been inspired to read Iron Man comics because of a movie where he's the bad guy based on a comic book event where he's an even bigger asshole than he was in the movie.
>>
>>124592375
>Except that was not the problem anyone had with Riri.
I agree. The problem people had is that she was black.
>>
I imagine normies aren't as triggered by black girls existing as you, OP.
>>
>>124592389
Like Miles, the character would still be garbage if you made them white.
And if they were white, you wouldn't be defending the character.
>>
>>124592405
That's nice. Be sure to like comment and subscribe to that channel that's giving you all your opinions. Clicking the bell icon insures they can continue to do all the thinking for you.
>>
File: 1467918621180.jpg (1.79 MB, 2952x2100)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
>>124592266
>imagine seeing a movie makes you want to read a comic book
I can imagine a lot of things, but this is just ridiculous OP
>>
>>124592434
/co/'s been saying the exact same thing since before you crawled here from tumblr
it was such a disaster they had to retcon the entire thing, but are still trying and failing to push all their brand new and amazing diversity niggers in other books
>>
File: cowboy beep boop.jpg (63 KB, 485x720)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Who keeps funding the bad sjw ideas in western entertainment?
Which silver tongued devil is going around and selling the idea that pandering to the sjw crowd is where the money is?
Feels like it's been going on for 10 years now without working but they keep fucking doing it
>>
>>124592366

That wasn't the reason, dildo

It was because Riri was an absolute Mary Sue who was shoved up our collective asses and we were told to love despite there being zero reason for it.

>>124592372
>So yes.

So NO, dingus. Riri did NOT come out when Iron Man movies were at their most popular, because they were not coming out anymore.

>>124592389

Fuck off with your racebaiting shit.
>>
>>124592457
>Who keeps funding the bad sjw ideas in western entertainment?
jews
>Which silver tongued devil is going around and selling the idea that pandering to the sjw crowd is where the money is?
also jews
>Feels like it's been going on for 10 years now without working but they keep fucking doing it
it's been going on since the start of judaism
>>
List of reasons normies aren't reading comics

>Super expensive for like a few minutes of entertainment
>Super easy to pirate but not easy to buy
>Confusing plot lines, but most basic storylines are boring re-treads
>Terrible art is rife
>Decompression out the ass
>Events ruining progression every few months
>Almost no cultural cache for reading comics, its all movies and TV shows.

The fact that a few terrible stories are woke pandering in a desperate pandering attempt is not the reason to blame. The stories and commercial aspect around it is terrible anyway. And its hilarious, because Marvel CEO Ike, is a full blown misogynist and Trump supporter who donated millions to him. He isn't a woke cultural marxist, he just a cheap greedy businessman.
>>
>>124592468
>So NO, dingus.
If you want to be a tranny about it, would it make you feel better if it were phrased as "when the MCU's popularity was in full swing, and Iron Man had become a household name"?
Because in either case, the change was absolutely retarded on every level.
>>
>>124592457

Apparently it's an agenda - "cultural marxism"- to destroy all traditional / conventional cultural expressions so the USA / world becomes a cultural waste land, ready for the new world.
>>
Let's be honest, Riri was kind of a shit character from day one. Her power trip writing was very hamfisted and annoyingly preachy.
>>
File: duo144.jpg (227 KB, 744x1200)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
How can the west even compete?
>b-but muh coloring
>>
>>124592471
specifically this guy
>>
>>124592468
>Fuck off with your racebaiting shit.
lol. Look directly below that post.
>>
>>124592266
Iron nigga bitch.
>>
File: Riele Downs bigger.jpg (155 KB, 1136x1628)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>124592487
>the change was absolutely retarded on every level

That I have to agree with

I think I know why it happened, though

Bendis has three or four kids, two of whom are African girls he adopted. I bet they were on the couch one Saturday morning watching kids' shows - as you do - and after a few episodes of "Henry Danger" one of them asked "Daddy, why can't Charlotte be the hero?" (Charlotte is the engineering genius who helps the titular superhero in a supporting capacity).

And he was like "Of course she can be".

Now why do I think it happened that way?

Well, this is the actress I am talking about. Her name: Riele Downs.

Riele. I don't believe in that kind of coincidence.
>>
File: riri.png (638 KB, 505x591)
638 KB
638 KB PNG
>>124592266
>>
>>124592517

I might take you seriously if you weren't constantly vomiting up racial slurs
>>
>>124592560
Kind of mixed messaging when she's that cute.
>>
>>124592560

What's that from then?
>>
>>124592584
Probably Kamen America or My Hero Magademia. Antarctic puts out a lot of low effort parody stuff like that.
>>
File: sjws vs jews.png (511 KB, 457x484)
511 KB
511 KB PNG
>>124592584
trump's titans, I think
>>
>>124592560

Also Lunella Lafayette is the world's smartest individual and she is far from a Mary Sue, being ornery, impatient, unkind and abrasive - all of which is eminently forgivable because she is 9 years old and has to live in a world that, from her point of view, is populated by friendly dogs: they're nice, but you can't actually talk to them in a meaningful way.

Lunella is almost a bit like Rick Sanchez
>>
>>124592550
Damn, she cute.
>>
>>124592266
I have been that normie. All the way back to fuckin' every comic book movies, even predating the MCU's inception.

Let me tell you, two fold problem: One, I was functionally illiterate until I was nearly out of High School, and Two, People presenting a barrier to entry is why I could never get into comic books. The person selling the swill looks down their nose at you and scoffs when you ask what's a good place to start. That holier-than-thou attitude is why I never got into anything sub-culture related that didn't involve me hiding behind computer screens. Even simple human interaction is always behind a layer of "you're not good enough to X."

I've spent most of my life isolated and alone because nobody welcomes you into anything. You have to fight tooth and nail into every niche, even when it's something as low as reading fucking comic books.
>>
File: 1606213521412.jpg (51 KB, 524x468)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
I imagine myself being a normie.
I just watched The Avengers or whatever and I think "I really liked the Iron Man character. I'll read some of his comics" and instead of Iron Man I am greeted by a black girl.
"Okay, whatever" I calmly say "I'll just read another volume of Iron Man or ask around what are some must read comics of him" and so I do.
It isn't until I have the comic in hands that I don't really care about reading and I just liked seeing the films because they only took one to two hours of my life and have a more coherent storyline.
I drop the comic and eagerly await for the next Marvel film.
>>
>>124592599
>>124592593

Thank you
>>
>>124592622

I know, right?

Also, she's Canadian
>>
Marvel makes new good comics about moon knight, Beta-ray bill,Black knight and Conan but /CO/ still has threads talking about irrelevant chracters Nobody gives a shit about. This chick hasnt been important in years
>>
File: 1583949978547.jpg (39 KB, 640x640)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>124592362
Well, at least youre better than most people who judge media.
>>
>>124592641
I'm sorry you went through that but also I think you don't understand the point of this thread.
>>
File: 1620422139193.jpg (36 KB, 480x480)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>124592683
>Marvel makes new good comics
>>
>>124592266
Hot babe, that's what it is.
>>
>>124592683
Good comics don't translate to channel views.
>>
>>124592710
How's life in the echo chamber? You still living in the late 2010s?
>>
>>124592720
Nothing's changed since the early 2010s when everything started going to indefensible shit.
>>
>>124592266
At least she has an afro, I feel like they often give black characters shitty hair styles today though that's probably just because style in general is shit currently.
>>
>>124592468
>who was shoved up our collective asses

Just because Riri appeared briefly in an Iron Man comic as the central character doesn’t mean she was being shoved anywhere, little child.
>>
>>124592756
Bendis stopped writing for them in the interim. That's a pretty major change.
>>
>>124592560
>>124592550
>>124592442
>>124592266
BUILT
>>
>>124592756
Yes because Immortal hulk and Venom were trash and are constantly hated on par with those comics. Maybe at least try not thinking every single marvel comic is America Chavez....
>>
>>124592803
Immortal Hulk has a trans character and a black woman in it. Therefore, this will be my final post on /co/.
>>
>>124592812
>Things that are popular become canon
Why go and tell a bold face like like that. Many things that people hate happen to certain characters are canon. Holy shit you niggas are braindead.
>>
>>124592812
>Things that are popular become canon.
That hasn't been the case for 30+ years but do go on.
>>
>>124592702
Guy asked me what it would be like to be a normie trying to read comic books after seeing Robert Downey Junior play Iron Man and seeing this incomprehensible thing.

If I strip away the implied racism/classism of this post, things I don't want to dwell on anyway, I answered it perfectly logically. The fact that Icon Man is some kind of black girl now first perfectly with my reply; "what's a good place to start?" This, a black teenager Iron Man, would be really fucking hard to start with, and on top of that confusion LCS are run by misanthropic assholes.

I demand that you rescind your statement.
>>
>>124592833
Hulk smiling is also not very scary. Farewell /co/
>>
>>124592854
>If I strip away the implied racism/classism of this post,
Then you have no reason to be here.
>>
>>124592837
>>124592843
>Many things that people hate happen to certain characters are canon.
And then they get retconned, and therefore not canon.
This is how it has always worked.
>>
>>124592266
Oh nooo disney will lose money cause of being faggity woke fucks. Noooooo
>>
>>124592800

And now we have Aaron and Cates, which is like instead of being assraped now we're getting spitroasted

>>124592775

That is exactly how it went, smug little twit.

>>124592812

Stop using racial slurs. It's douchey and negates any point you might make.
>>
>>124592613
How many black girl supergenius are there in the Marvel universe?
>>
>>124592887
It's all based on nostalgiafagging and iconography marketing. They might tease reinventing Batman or Spider-man every couple years for cheap shock to shake things up and maybe get some controversy bucks but they'lll always inevitably return to the same old same old.
Getting mad at things in comics is kinda silly when you can just wait for the status quo to come back around again.
>>
>124592887
No they fucking don't and even if they do it takes years or even longer depending on so many things. Hell some things never get retconned. So again, why fucking lie? I know the reason why of course you're just pretending to be this idiotic for (you)s
>>
>>124592929
>Stop using racial slurs. It's douchey and negates any point you might make.
You can stop trying to clean your semantics up, it's not 2015 anymore. Everyone has already put their cards on the table.
>>
>>124592931

Three if you include Lila Rhodes.
Not Shuri, she's not a super-genius in the comics.
>>
>>124592266
Why are white men so fragile?
>>
>>124592952

Just... stop.
>>
>>124592812
If you stopped having panic attacks over paranoid racist delusions you might realize that Rhodey was temporarily Iron Man and he’s a popular character who never replaced Tony permanently, and instead has headlined multiple titles under his own title. Same way John Stewart is moderately popular character but didn’t “permanently” replace Hal Jordan, instead Kyle Rayner did and even then GL books kept giving Hal rimjobs over how awesome character he was. When Bucky and Sam replaced Steve, it was temporary. When Thunderstrike replaced Thor it was temporary. When Hawkeye became Goliath it was temporary. When Nightwing became Batman it was temporary, same as with Azrael.

There are countless examples where the Big Two temporarily replace a title character to make a spin off or add a new (family) character to the book without ever intending it to be a permanent replacement. Replacing Tony permanently with an entirely new character during a time when the MCU version was super popular makes no sense whatsoever. Replacements are short time period related gimmicks.

Also, you don’t seem to understand what the word retcon means. Get a dictionary and stop talking stupid shit until you’re old enough to know what you’re talking about.
>>
>>124592974
Just saying. You can tell people to clean their rooms if you want but it's just a waste of time when you can get to the meat.
>>
>>124592929
>Stop using racial slurs.
No, you retarded cumskin.
You seriously think actual black people give a shit about the nigger word on 4chan?
>>
>>124592980
>but didn’t “permanently” replace Hal Jordan, instead Kyle Rayner did
You need to add like six more sets of quotation marks to that because the Hal wank DC does is downright difficult to watch.
>>
>>124592980
They literally killed off Stark to replace him with this retarded nigger.
They retconned it when it turns out nobody liked this retarded nigger.
>>
>>124592965

We're pretty big on "This is ours; hands off".
If you had paid attention you would realize this attitude has had a fairly major impact on world history.
>>
File: 23308436.jpg (38 KB, 317x475)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>124592266
Back when that Fredrik Knudsen video came out I actually went and read pic related because I thought it sounded hilarious. Nowadays, it seems like everyone is just writing Empress Theresa unironically and not realizing why that's bad.
>>
>>124592984

Just stop it, braying ass.

>>124593001
>They retconned it

That is not what 'retconning' means

>>124592981

It demeans you and makes you look like a twat.
>>
>>124592854
The entire premise is faulty. If you like MCU and walk into LCS to find Iron Man comics, picking up a random Riri comic would not immediately make you put it down and leave the store without a) asking the owner where are the Tony Stark as Iron Man comics or b) taking a second to browse other Iron Man titles in the store where Tony would inevitably be the main hero because of his fifty years of publication history having amassed a giant back catalogue.
>>
>>124593001
Why do you still care about her.If she was unpopular and hated thats all the more motivation to forget about the character. Theres 0 reason for this thread to exist outside of complaning about irrelevant shit that was unimportant even back then
>>
>>124593001
>They literally killed off Stark to replace him with this retarded nigger.
They literally killed of Hal and replaced him with Kyle.
They literally killed off Barry and replaced him with Wally.
They literally killed off Bruce and replaced him with Dick.
They literally broke Bruce's spine and replaced him with Jean Paul
They literally killed off Superman and replaced him with Superboy, Steel, Eradicator, and Cyborg Superman.
They literally killed off like twelve different supergirls. I can't remember all their names. There's Kara, Linda, Cir-El, Lara, Karen...
It happens. You just haven't gotten used to it yet because you're twelve.
>>
>>124593007

It's too late now for Boutin, if that is his real name, to come out and claim it was all a huge prank.

That book, that title, that character, that cover illustration - that's his legacy now

The thing about comic books though - tjhey're episodic, so you have to a do a lot of bad ones before it seals you in your tomb as a shit writer
>>
>>124593038
Video production takes time man. It's only natural that there's a bit of a buffer.
>>
>>124593001
Just like how they killed
>Batman
>Captain America
>Hal Jordan
you mean?
>>
>>124593038
Dabbing on marvelcucks is a virtue.
>>
>>124593065
Was Steve killed both times? I thought one of those times he was just rapidly aged.
>>
>>124592964
>Not Shuri, she's not a super-genius in the comics
Instead she's a brutal, hard line authoritarian who empowered her vaguely treason white step brother's secret police to target threats again the state. I really wonder what the fuck Marvel's going to do there. Maybe just ignore her? I stopped actually following BP after the Priest run, and only absorbed info about Shuri through seeing it elsewhere. I have no idea what she, or BP in general, is up to recently.
>>
>>124592266
>Imagine you're a normie.
I can't

>You've just watched the Avengers or whatever and you think "I really liked the Iron Man character. I'll read some of his comics" and instead of Iron Man in an Iron Man comic you're greeted with whatever the fuck this is.
More than likely, a normie would go to the internet and ask people for Ironman recommends or ask the guy in the LCS. Rarely would people just pick up a 2.99 comic with no research unless they are a mom buying it for their kid.
>>
>>124593023
>It demeans you and makes you look like a twat.
You seem to be confused as to which side of the argument I'm on. I'm just honest that this is a racebait thread. That doesn't mean I'm racebaiting myself.
>>
>>124593068
You mean living in a bubble locked away from the rest of the world is a virtue? You do realize Marvel has moved the fuck on from the 2010s and that there are several stories that arent sjw shit. You wouldn't know this because constantly complaining about shit from years ago gives you more attention then if you tried talking about less controversial things
>>
>>124593001
Sheeeit
>>
>>124593068
No one here seems particularly dabbed on. Is that really just something you can declare yourself?
>>
>>124593078
Steve died in the aftermath of Civil War. He was aged out when Sam took over.
>>
>>124592339
Winter Soldier, Civil War, and Infinity War were the height of "Iron Man movies", hou insufferable faggot.
>>
Marvel literally makes a new Captain america for their united states of america series whos description is this "Jeremy Merrick ("protector of soldiers"), an active-duty military Captain". People ignore stuff like this since it gives less attention then rage clicks if they talk about bs like op did
>>
>>124593136
The height of Iron Man movies include two movies with Captain America in the title, one of which only has a passing reference to Stark Tower?
This is mostly just a rhetorical question so we can get another post closer to autosage.
>>
>>124593149
Is this Jeremy gay or black or something?
>>
0 threads about Marvel making chracters that people here would like but I'm sure we need a thread talking about fucking riri to stir up those rage clicks.
>>
>>124592964
>>124593087
More than three and Shuri is a super genius now.

Onome from the Future Foundation
Nighshade
Priscilla LaShayla Smith from Genius In action Research Labs (G.I.R.L.)
>>
>>124593102
>You do realize Marvel has moved the fuck on from the 2010s
But they haven't.
Absolutely nothing has changed from the 2010s.
>>
>>124593190
Where
Do
You
Think
You
Are
?
>>
>>124593237
Imagine thinking Marvel in the mind-late 2010s at the peak of shit like America Chavez and Riri would ever make a activty duty captain America and call him the protector of soldiers. If you want to keep living in the past thats up to you
>>
>>124593190
Unless he is killing brown people, the (((right))) people, and leftists, /cpol/ don't care
>>
>>124593260
Idk I thought /co/ wouldnt care this much over a nothing chracter like Riri to still be bitching about it today
>>
>>124593281
It's the exact same cuck writers, with the exact same cuck editors, writing the exact same cuck comics.
Literally nothing has changed.
>>
>>124593190
>>124593149
>ZOGbot Chair Force Cap
Why the fuck would anyone like that?
>>
>>124593281
I mean four years ago Marvel literally tried to do partnership with Northrop Grumman
>>
>>124593297
People still bitch about America Chavez like it’s some kind of all encompassing representation of all Marvel books puts out every month.
>>
>>124593328
because the tranny thinks "someone serving in the military" is right wing extremist propaganda, and we should all go buy the faggot captain america replacement books so we can fund telling white people how bad they are some more
>>
>>124593328
So you want a white heterosexual male captain america who says fuck the troops?
>>
>>124592266
If you were a normie looking to check out Iron man you wouldn't go to check out the monthlies at a comic book shop, you would go to a book store and buy a yrade paperback.
And if you were doing that, you would've leafed the book before purchasing it so I don't see what you're describing as likely happening.
>>
>>124593358
go back to /pol/. Imagine still bitching about "cap bad" when they straight up have a chracter who's goal is to protect the troops. Keep bitching about "rightwing propaganda" to make up for your lack of reading skills
>>
>>124593297
/co/ cares about what the youtube algorithm tells it to care about.
>>
>>124592517
DON'T say the n word here ok?
>>
>>124593442
>they straight up have a chracter who's goal is to protect the troops
you're not exactly helping your case by pretending that this is some sort of amazing political statement
all you're underscoring is how cucked marvel is for doing that, when the comic isn't even out yet
no, I don't think I'll fund your anti-white corporation
>>
>>124593374
If we're going to have a Cap that blows up brown kids for Israel, I'd like for him to do it in-person rather than via RC plane.
>>
>>124592803
Venom is not good. Knull is literally marvel’s answer to Batman who laughs. Making the symbiote an elder god rip off is not a good idea.
Immortal hulk is fucking great though, in Ewing I trust
>>
>>124593472
Again go back to /pol/. You bitch when theres a black chracter, bitch when theres a gay chracter and still bitch when theres a white soldier. Your the same as the sjws you hate. Always complaining about irrelevant shit. I'm sure there's some evil antiwhite conspiracy for you to chase on /pol/
>>
>>124593488
I mean outside of knull it was decent. The shit with developing eddy was pretty good
>>
>>124592266
>saying normie on 4chan
>strawman scenario that you had to backpedal because she's not even there anymore
>>
>>124593501
All of these diversity niggers were and are universally hated.
You will never get any more good minority characters because this is the absolute shit you defend.
>>
>>124593535
Where was I defending shit, all I did was expose how vapid your complaints are. Legit the same as a sjw you insult and rage about everything you hate just because it wasnt the exact thing you wanted. You have more in common with the tumblr crowd
>>
>>124593561
Yes, I remember when those evil /pol/tards weaseled their way into numarvel to turn all their minority characters straight and white.
It's like I'm seeing double!
>>
>>124592362
>Bendis is not a writer
Yes he was hired as an artist originally and wrote an okay DD run and rehased decades of spiderman comics so you faggots sucked him off continuously.
>>
File: 1518117004747.png (326 KB, 750x1000)
326 KB
326 KB PNG
>>124592266
What I wanna know is if you think Tony fucked her.
>>
>>124592266
>OP demands MCU synergy in comics
People like you are what ruined the Marvel Cosmic
>>
>>124593591
A handful of new minority characters isn’t turning everyone non-white and gay. Your hysteria is ridiculous and disproportionate to what Marvel is actually doing with its characters.
>>
>>124593591
Still complaining about shit from years ago when you should really let it go. Do you see anyone else on any other site still complaining about fucking riri?
>>
>>124593598
Wasn't Tony an AI ghost when she took over?
>>
>>124593601
The movies were mediocre, and the comics would be 100x better if they reached the level of achievement of being merely mediocre.
>>
>>124593087
>her vaguely treason white step brother's
Hunter was adopted
He is not treasonous
T'Challa is a shitty king, a good person but a shitty king for his country
>>
>>124592512
wow a picture of a hand..great
>>
File: EzVqrqYVcAw4yNI.jpg (73 KB, 720x448)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
What? A single father being shown as positive and caring towards his child how can this happen in a marvel story? I thought they hated straight men and fathers.
>>
>>124593618
>AAHHHHH IT DOESN'T COUNT ANYMORE IT DOESN'T COUNT STOP DABBING ON ME
No. :)
*dabs*
>>
>>124593650
Look if you want to live in a world where every Marvel book is "woke" and ignore any evidence that tells you that that isnt reality then fine lol
>>
>>124593535
If they're being defended then they're not universally hated.
>>
>>124593708
Just because interns like (You) are shilling them doesn't make them not hated.
>>
>>124593748
So everyone that disagrees with you is a shill? That's your claim?
>>
>>124593782
>everyone
No, but specific people jumping through hoops to defend characters that are created within the last few months or haven't even been published definitely are.
>>
File: Asian Batgirl.png (338 KB, 300x581)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
>>124592266
>Imagine you're a normie. You've just watched the Justice League or whatever and you think "I really liked the Batman character. I'll read some of his comics" and instead of Batman in an Batman comic you're greeted with whatever the fuck this is. Is it any wonder the average book is lucky to move 5000 copies despite the films making billions of dollars?
>>
>>124592291
>>124592308
She was never Iron Man you dumb fucks
>>
Most modern western comic books are not meant for anyone but the Liberal POS that wrote/drew that particular comic, and then they make Tweet posts pretending that Kids love their comic about gender identity, politics, smashing the patriarchy or Moon Girl.

The author of I Am Not Starfire or whatever it's called claimed the comic was for Kids after everyone shat on it. Tell me, what in that story would Children be interested in...? Children would want to see Starfire punching Trigon in the face or shooting Deathstroke with fire or something, not angst, lgbtq shit and emo outbursts.

No wonder Western Comics are dying, they are targeted at nobody.
>>
>>124594121
Young adult readers who are into things that aren’t just juvenile power fantasies would find IANS more interesting than “and now Starfire shoots another beam at Deathstroke while flying in the air”
>>
>>124594121
young people are far more likely to identify as LGBTQ than older generations, anon
>>
>>124594121
Have you read modern Young adult stories? They are filled with angst and emo shit
>>
>>124594160
Yeah, I'm sure they're a lot more interested in "starfire's fat obnoxious emo kid"
>>
>>124592266
I am a comics normie and even though Im not racist this cover looks like its made for women not me so I wouldnt read it.

And I guess women and black women dont either.
>>
>>124594193
They would, because the entire point of DC’s YA line is to make shit that’s appealing to people who don’t care about traditional superhero shit. That’s why it’s so hilarious when neckbeards foam from their mouths in rage that IANS isn’t like normal capeshit.
>>
File: riele.png (1.26 MB, 1147x660)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>124592550
How the hell did she not get the role? They basically stole her likeness. She's also way cuter than the actress they went with who looks too old.
>>
>>124592266
Most normies I know would just buy the book regardless because it's for their kid and not give a shit, or just assume it wasn't made by marvel and walk off.

I don't remember Riri even really being acknowledged as more than a side character in the other stories at the time anyways. Was she ever relevant?
>>124594121
That's just dorks under a different name. And given how big and bug-eyed the characters look, it's obvious they want the young weeb crowd on that page.
>>
>>124594322
Wait that comic is wrong.
Geeks were originally carnival freaks who'd bite the heads off chickens and the term was being used to say that the person was weird.
Nerd is the one who's about obsession of hobbies, be it academics or sport statistics or videogames.
>>
>>124592266
Guaranteed that MOST of the people who watched Avengers and who REALLY liked Iron Man would have NO problem with woke shit.
You misunderstand the audience outside of this board.
>>
>>124594231
So what's your cope going to be when it flops?
>>
>>124594424
I never said it was a guaranteed best seller. I said is more appealing to the YA audience than a traditional superhero comic.
>>
>>124594420
This. Majority of the world is woke. The more /pol/tards come to term with this, the more their bitterness will reduce.
>>
>>124594460
>I said is more appealing to the YA audience
Without actually saying what any audience whatsoever is supposed to find appealing about it, except for the typical tranny "It's not FOOOOOOOR you!"
Like no shit it's not for me nigger, but who the fuck's the target demographic of morbidly obese dyke propaganda? Not even "young adults" want to self insert as that.
>>
>>124594465
>Majority of the world is woke.
They're not. They're tolerant and accepting, but not woke. Woke refers to the the crazy progressive types.
>>
>>124594420
>Guaranteed that MOST of the people who watched Avengers and who REALLY liked Iron Man would have NO problem with woke shit.
They would, because they're not buying the comics because they look like shit due to wokeness.
Before you blurt out your typical cope of "they don't read comics", comic readers didn't buy them either because they looked like shit due to wokeness.
>>
>>124594493
Imagine thinking YA shit aint already full of lgbt shit. You really making a mountain out of a molehill here and complaining about nothing
>>
>>124594493
YA audience cares about identity issues, angst, not fitting in, rebelling against parents, etc. That’s all in the graphic novel. Your myopic world view clearly can’t grasp a simple concept like that.
>>
>>124594526
>They're tolerant and accepting, but not woke.
Most of the world isn't even tolerant and accepting either.
There's this weird thing white liberals do where they think they're worldly people, but don't actually realize anything exists outside of their hyper liberal majority white western hugboxes
>>
>>124594526
woke is a buzz word
>>
>>124592266
>>124592291
Did the fat starfire comic just bring these people back to /co/? This is fucking years old
>>
>>124594578
>KIDS LOVE THE TRANNY DICKS!
No, you just force it on them because you're a psychotic groomer.
>>
>>124592476
>he just a cheap greedy businessman.
Use your words, we both know what you mean.
>>
>>124592266
If the marvel movies are the only foundation on which your enjoyment of a character exists, kys
>>
>>124594623
Are you an imbecile? "omg stating facts make you a groomer" Damn I guess the Cw should be investigated for grooming then. Your iq is showing when you dont understand the simple concept of YA shit not being for every fucking age. Do you bitch this hard when riverdale has lgbt shit in it?
>>
>>124594160
>juvenile power fantasies
Oh, you mean YA?
>>
>>124594623
You might have an abnormal fixation about dicks but that doesn’t mean other people do. Acknowledging and telling stories about people who are different from you isn’t forcing anything unless you’re a narrow minded individual who thinks everything different has to be excluded and never spoken about because it somehow corrupts everything.
>>
>>124594653
>how do you do fellow children, are you not excited for fatfire? she is fat, just like you!
>>
File: images (3).jpg (126 KB, 720x1080)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
"How dare this movie be made it's clearly grooming teenagers" If your iq is so low that shit made for lgbt teenagers is grooming to you I dont know what else to say...
>>
>>124594673
Are you really this triggered by a character who’s plus sized that you can’t help but rant and rave like a drama queen that a graphic novel that you don’t like happens to exist?
>>
>>124594673
You love goalposting dont you. First you strawman then you bitch about other shit. garbage tier arguements
>>
Yet another /pol/tard circlejerk.

Mods don't care about this shit unless they get 10+ reports
>>
>>124594705
>who’s plus sized
>plus sized
>>
>>124594705
No, I just enjoy dabbing on consooomers like you because you'll defend literally anything. :D
>>
>>124594750
Your "dabbing" consists of strawmans,false accusations and having no understanding of the YA medium
>>
>>124594750
All you’re doing is making an ass of yourself. I hope you at least have a humiliation fetish that you get something out of this type of buffoonery.
>>
File: bad news.jpg (71 KB, 500x669)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>124594773
And you're still defending fatfire, and you probably don't even know why, outside of some cuck compulsion to do so lmao
>>
File: nuMarvel.gif (230 KB, 800x800)
230 KB
230 KB GIF
>>124594786
>NOW SEE HERE!
>IT IS A VERY SERIOUS ISSUE TO DEFEND FICTIONAL NIGGERS AND FICTIONAL TRANNIES AND FICTIONAL FATTIES AND
lmao
>>
>>124594747
Definitely the first time I have seen an anon use that seriously.
>>
>>124592266
>Imagine you're a normie. You've just watched the Avengers or whatever and you think "I really liked the Iron Man character. I'll read some of his comics"

no normie has that thought process
>>
>>124594845
I'm not defending shit. I can just explain shit better then you could in a 1000 years. You cant seem to grasp that lgbt themes has been popular in YA media for the last couple years. You cant speak for the YA audience since I can almost bet you arent the fucking age demographic of YA
>>
>>124592319
I fucking hope
>>
File: 1624146727542.png (287 KB, 900x1117)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
When comics die I’m glad it will be greeted by whatever the fuck op is.
>>
File: weeds.png (218 KB, 900x1117)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>124594899
bunkercuck fail
>>
why can't niggers do original shit anymore
>>
>>124594934
Imagine not understanding what the YA genre is. You must be 30-40 to not be able to grasp or even understand why YA's are written this way
>>
>>124594420
Most of my friends just skimmed around and skipped anything that didn't have Tony Stark. They weren't upset over Riri, but they weren't going to stick around to look at her stuff. Same with Amadeus Cho, they ignored his shit, and just looked around for big Hulk comics like WWH or Planet Hulk.
>>
File: marvel-new-new-warriors.jpg (229 KB, 1200x630)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>124594955
do nu warriors next
>>
>>124594731
Deal with it
/copol/ will never die.
>>
>>124594981
Goal-posting doesnt mean you won the argument.
>>
>>124594978
Wow, people just picked and chose what they thought was interesting to them from a pile of assorted comics? What a novel idea!
>>
>>124594526
>>124594588
>>124594604
So there's no medium for minorities in society between "Literally considered subhuman, wants subjugated and/or dead" and "patronized, worshiped and shoved into everything for forced diversity"?
>>
>>124595043
Not anymore, no.
>>
>>124595027
That's the best part, the goal post can be placed anywhere because you cucks will defend anything.
>>
>>124595043
Not in a post-idpol world. You can think the CIA for that.
>>
>>124594181
Huh, I wonder why impressionable children would be more likely to turn queer when tv and schools shove it down their throats 24/7? Never forget the crimes of John Money.
>>
>>124595067
Name one person defending Marvel New Warriors specifically. Even one.
>>
>>124595098
You, in another thread desperately trying to claim that it's 5d satire.
>>
I think op is just trying to cope with all these new reports of black people dominating areas of academia and iq with one black kid winning the spelling bee for the first time and the youngest Mensa member is black. Meanwhile, the white race has not accomplished anything of value as late and are slowly diminishing in numbers to the point where the white race will be extinct within our lifetime.
>>
>>124595254
>the white race will be extinct within our lifetime.
k
but what happens after that
>>
I stopped caring years ago. Cartoons and comics will continue its decline and /co/ wild defend it. /co/ deserves the current state of comics and cartoons. Never forget that
>>
File: Crying-baby-010.jpg (6 KB, 460x276)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>124595273
>>
>>124595283
You deserve modern comics and cartoons.
>>
>>124595288
Cosntantly whining and crying about bullshit like RiRi which lead to youtubers making videos on it caused this. You created the monster now your bitching about it still being a problem.
>>
>>124595273
>Cartoons and comics will continue its decline and /co/ wild defend it. /co/ deserves the current state of comics and cartoons
This. Absolutely pathetic board. Only second to /pol/ in the pathetic scale.
>>
>>124592442
Brilliant
>>
>>124595345
>if I mock pol they will never suspect I’m from there
Sad
>>
>>124595268
We live in harmony without want because we will have everything we need. It's why we need diversity in our media like comics and cartoons to normalize the idea of being a one world nation and we are in this together. There is nothing wrong with any of the comics and cartoons that have diverse cast of anything it promotes living with harmony and the only people who bitch are the racists and homophobes who don't outright admit their bias
>>
>>124595330
You're the only one obsessed with youtuber ecelebs, /co/'s been dunking on these shitty diversity characters for almost a decade now.
>>
>>124595330
Don't care. Comics and cartoons are shit and people like you who defend them deserve them.
>>
>>124595345
Who are the people still whining about this shit tho? you guys bring it up and obsess over it and then claim /co/ is pathetic. Just admit your obsessed with this shit instead of pawning off your issues to the board
>>
>>124593598
Link to original?
>>
>>124593006
Would be cool, except you're also big on "This is yours; hands off".
>>
>>124595383
I dont care how you waste your time or your strange addictions. Just dont act like your somehow better then a sjw when you practically are one.
>>
>>124595395
>comics and cartoons continue to be agenda pushing garbage
>people continue to complain
It's not a mystery. Especially when juxtaposed to anime right now.
>>
>>124595444
>"I don't want my cartoons and comics to be agenda pushing garbage. I want them to be completely free from social justice."

>heh, this clearly means you're a social justice warrior.

Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>124595447
Yes RiRi is still being pushed in Ironman 100%.... Do you understand why people dont give a shit about this thread. You guys brought her up. You complain about Sjw's but you remember this chracter and want to talk about it
>>
>>124595444
You should probably rethink your life when the best defense you can come up with is "you're as bad as we are!", when they aren't even as bad as you are.
>>
>>124592266
Is OP from the past?
>>
>>124592266
> Black Girl Iron Man
> Hydra Captain America
> Corpse Scarlet Witch

It's almost beyond parody.
>>
>>124592266
Are you bitches still salty about this. It's clear she wasn't going to be Iron man long. Hell she never even called herself Iron man. Also people love showing this image when they bitch about Riri when she never looked like this in the comics ever.
>>
>>124595478
No one wants to "talk about" this character. It's just a great example of how comics are irredeemable agenda pushing trash now. Not even fans of this comic discuss it because it's not worth discussing.
>>
The average Iron Man book was moving more than 20k-40k copies at the time, even when Riri was in the book with AI Tony. I get that you’re just baiting, but please don’t use something that’s outdated.
>>
>>124595463
Constantly bitching about RiRi when nobody else wants to here it is the same as Sjw's whining about how x chracter is sexist or racist. Do you see anyone else here who gives a flying fuck about Riri? Your reading comprehension is as good as your social skills when it comes to knowing what people want to talk about
>>
>>124595502
It still happened and people will be making fun of it forever. Blame Marvel.
>>
>>124595502
>we were just pretending to be retarded
well you're keeping up a good charade, because you're still retarded
>>
>>124595522
>Haha wow this comic is so ridiculous for trying to force a new OC black girl character on us. Is Marvel retarded or something?

>"This is JUST like when people complain about racism!"

You genuinely have down syndrome.
>>
>>124592489
That is such a stupid and retarded conspiracy theory. “A company makes a shitty movie? It’s a conspiracy to make ALL movies shit. It can’t possibly be that the company making it fucked up, it HAS to be some super secret evil bad guy”. Why is every goddamn conspiracy about some evil corrupting force getting into things instead of just the reality that sometimes the people in charge will be retarded and fuck up?
>>
>>124595522
No, we will never let you live it down, you deserve to be mocked for it for all eternity, and nothing you say will stop it.
>>
>>124592372
>calling Jane Thor “Whor” in 2021
Do us all a favor and just end your existence, you fucking bitch.
>>
>>124595569
Trust me, I'm also completely baffled as to why Marvel and DC are sabotaging their own comics like this. It's like they don't want their comics to sell
>>
>>124592348
I agree this is just another dumbass who saw a youtube video and is outraged. Because we are getting Iron heart in the mcu. It's sad some people think they will have Harely (the boy from iron man 3) be iorn heart because they had him at Tony's funeral. Do these people really think Dinsey would was the balls to take a character that's a autistic black girl and make them a white boy in the mcu.

Also they most likely want to bitch and see how many they can get pissed. I enjoy Riri when other people took over for her. She is better in the champions then in her solo book.
>>
>>124595568
Imagine insulting someone when your still butthurt over something that happened in a comic years ago. Get a life please.
>>
>>124595619
I make fun of cringe shit from 20 years ago too. Why would I stop making fun of Marvel's many attempts to virtue signal like this? Kill yourself, butthurt faggot.
>>
>>124595651
Never did I say you should stop I just told you to get a life. You desperately need one if you think Ironheart is fucking relavant in 2021
>>
"butthurt" Funny you call other people this as you rage over Marvel's actions from years ago.
>>
>>124595675
You don't think it's sad that this comic was so bad the only time it'll ever be talked about again is as an example of Marvel trying to push an agenda?

You don't see how that's a bad thing?
>>
>>124595675
>>124595702
I don't get it. Does cringe have an expiration date? Are we supposed to stop cringing at something after a year passes?

I think you're just mad that people are making fun of your shitty comics again lol
>>
>>124595363
Why would I be from a place that hates me for shit I have no control over?
>>
>>124595705
I saw it as a bad thing when it happened. i dont see it as something relevant to talk about now when the show isnt even out and the chracter is hardly relevant. My point was that it happened years ago that there is no point in getting rage clicks on the chracter as it's better to let them fall into the E-grade status
>>
>>124595759
I'm going to make ironheart threads more often now that I know they make you mad.
>>
>>124595528
It's not even people making fun of it. It's more like bitches bitching because of something they saw. But yeah make fun of marvel for this image. Because she never looked like that in the comics. I don't know why they even did that cover.
>>
>>124595784
You're so close to realizing Marvel is the problem, not the people criticizing their trash. So close.
>>
>>124595721
Cringe stop's being funny whenn several years have passed. What was fun to make fun of years ago isnt fun now when the chracter Is a literal who. I'm sure theres legit shit in comics to cringe at but fucking Ironheart is hardly relevant
>>
>>124595552
The fuck? I didn't call you retard. I called them or you whoever it was a salty bitch
>>
>>124592266
she hasnt been iron man for years now and she only was for like a year, please kill yourself faggot
>>
>>124592266
Non-comic reader here.

This is THE #1 reason why most people don't read comics. Literally it's because we see the characters in other media, but then if you even think of reading the comics, it's completely different characters. I don't know if there's a name for this concept (using completely different characters, but giving them the same name and not even acknowledging how weird that is), but comics seem to do it A LOT as far as I can tell, and it makes most people never want to have anything to do with the medium in general. Literally the worst concept ever used in any medium.

The second reason is politics, but that's a different subject entirely, so I won't even get into that.
>>
>>124595780
I mean if you wanna waste time reliving the past then go right ahead
>>
>>124592301
asian redditor hands typed this post
>>
>>124595801
Marvel can make good books if you give them a chance. But if you go in except shit then it will never be enjoyable to you. Also maybe except that they arent making comics for you. It's still better then the extreme shit they tried in the 90s.
>>
>>124595395
>you guys bring it up and obsess over it and then claim /co/ is pathetic. Just admit your obsessed with this shit instead of pawning off your issues to the board
I didn't bring up shit. Also, I barely post on this rancid board. Me thinking this board is a pathetic excrement doesn't mean I am on any side of some stupid culture war.
>>
>>124595873
>It's still better then the extreme shit they tried in the 90s.
No, people actually look back fondly on that, even if it was extremely silly.
Nobody's looking back fondly on the wokecuck era of numarvel.
>>
>>124594190
>>124594181
>>124594160
Way to completely miss the topic. The topic was writers claiming their work was for Children when they get criticized. There is nothing for Children in Starfire's Fatass Daughter fan-fic.
>>
>>124595933
It's literally in the YA genre. If the writer claimed its for kids their wrong
>>
>>124592491
She only sucked cause Bendis made her. When given to literally anyone else, she’s ok. The problem has always been Bendis’ milk toast writing when it came to teen heroes, because they all act like Miles, who is now written better by other people because Bendis can no longer write believable teens.
>>
>>124595969
>milk toast
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>124595969
>milk toast
>>
>>124595969
>When given to literally anyone else, she’s ok.
No.
>>
>>124593001
Except they didn’t kill him. He was in a coma and his AI clone that acted EXACTLY like him was Riri’s mentor until he woke up from his coma. Riri barely lasted a year and Tony wasn’t even gone because his AI clone acted EXACTLY like he did, and whatever the AI experienced, Tony remembers it because it was connected to his consciousness. You clearly didn’t read the fucking comics.
>>
>>124596282
>you clearly didn't read the adventures of Titnigger Tony!
you got me
>>
>>124596379
>admitting you haven't read the book you're arguing about
Sounds like something a nigger would do.
>>
>>124596432
Most people correctly dropped marvelcuck comics years before the shitshow known as riri was even created, after every other character had already been replaced by niggers
>>
>>124592266
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BLACK WOMEN IN MY CHILDREN'S FICTION I'M GOING INSANE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>124595447

If you think anime is somehow safe from western influence then you are bigger moron than initially thought
>>
>>124596454
The nigger word isn't an argument faggot. If you haven't read the book, you don't know dick about it and any opinion you share is inherently retarded. At least read a plot summary and the TVtropes page so you can fake it, you newfags are so fucking lazy and stupid.
>>
>>124596494
I just watched all 24 episodes of Jujutsu Kaisen and not once was there a forced diversity character or feminist bullshit. But keep coping.
>>
>>124592266
she's in champions you cunt, not iron man
>>
>>124596679
>I just watched all 24 episodes of Jujutsu Kaisen
lol
>>
>>124596789
Name literally a single cartoon that came out this year or last year that's better. You can't. All you can do is cope like a bitch.
>>
>>124596626
>If you haven't read the book
That's the problem. No one even WANTS to read this trash. You're mad that everyone shitting on Marvel comics haven't read them without seeing the real issue that no one even wants to read them anymore because of this crap.
>>
>>124592266

That seems to be Marvel's way and it confuses the fuck outta me. Almost every MCU character who is gonna be a major player in the movies in the next year are being fucking killed off -

- Killing Dr Strange
- Killing Wanda
- Replacing Peter

It's very confusing.
>>
>>124592266
Where the fuck is a normie just going to happen to pick up a comic?
>>
>>124596822
The slime anime was pretty good
>>
>>124596822
i dont watch cartoons, anyway you have shit taste and probably like the taste of other men's penises in your mouth
>>
>>124596679
>>124596789
>>124596822

You are obviously blind so let me point it out to you. Look at hits like zombieland saga who normalizes and pushes transsexualism with it's character Mimi who the Japanese have accepted and purchase merchandise for. Another hit is hands off eizouken which includes the most amount of black people in an anime to date and is supposed to be what future Japan looks like. All shows respected and admired with millions of views on YouTube. Disney has hired multiple big name japanese studios to make animated shorts for star wars and from the promotional material we can already see it is just as inclusive as the movies themselves. Anime's very success and mainstream attention is what is going to be what let's the gates open for western influence as these companies get paid by big companies for their work and cull western audiences they are going to have to appeal to these markets and that means correcting their behaviors and being more diverse with their characters. Japan will eventually be like western comics and cartoons which needed to happen anyway since some of these stories and tropes are archaic and not fit in this society.
>>
>>124597061
I said cartoon, i already know anime is still watchable.

>>124597094
I don't watch cartoons either because they're all shit now. That's kind of the point of my post. Comics are shit too now. That's why this board is trash now.

>>124597098
You typed out many words but none of them will be read. Get fucked lmao.
>>
>>124596626
>At least read a plot summary and the TVtropes page so you can fake it
No.
You're sitting over here bragging about gargling shit, upset that nobody wants to join you.
>>
>>124597098
namefag
>>
>>124592476
>Super expensive for like a few minutes of entertainment

It amazes me that anyone under 40 still buys comics cause of this point.

>People get pissed if a $60 vidya provides less than 80 hours of entertainment.
>Yet same fans think people will pay $4-7 for 3 min one and done rag.
>>
>>124597134
>I choose not to educate myself so when something does happen I act like a retard who never saw it coming

Explains this thread
>>
>>124597207
Reading some triptard's blogpost is the exact opposite of "educating oneself",
>>
>>124592266
>Imagine you're a normie
You ARE a normie. She doesn't even have an ongoing series at the moment.
>>
>>124597134
you wouldnt know about either since you dont read or watch cartoons, you only come here to complain about some shit you saw on the quartering or what have you and felt pathetic and needed somewhere to vent your frustration. My advice? Do a couple sit ups and push ups, you will feel so much more fulfilled.
>>
>>124597246
Why would anyone watch modern cartoons? They're trash. I actually was excited for that new Masters of the Universe series until I learned Adam fucking dies and gets sidelined, reconfirming that cartoons are utter shit now.
>>
>>124597218

I'm telling you the changes made to anime and what's coming in the future meanwhile you are just screaming at black people in comics
>>
>>124597296

Holy crap you are fucking stupid. That's like saying oh I am not going to that steakhouse because they serve onions on their steak instead of garlic butter. Now I haven't actually eaten the steak but it sucks because I think it will sucks
>>
>>124597309
Don't care. Anime is still fun to watch and cartoons are the exact opposite of fun to watch.
>>
>>124597365
No, it's like going into a steakhouse and all they have are cold big macs.
>>
>>124597367

Then in a couple years when anime is exactly like western cartoons you don't have the right to bitch because we all see it coming except for you.

>>124597385

You haven't even been inside the restaurant you just looked at the outside and said oh this must suck
>>
>>124596856
I actually agree with you, but don't pretend to know shit that you don't. If you want to talk about how forced diversity in comics is shit and Marvel doing it makes you not read Marvel then do that, don't get bogged down trying to argue about the content of books you haven't read. And the main reason this sort of thing sucks is the execution - a "What if" scenario where a character changes gender/race/whatever would be fine, but they won't do that because it's too close to admitting that there are behavioral differences between genders and races (since facts can be racist and sexist), so they have to incapacitate/kill the existing character and replace them with a new character with a different gender and/or race. What's really stupid about this is that the end result is fucking the same - you've done a "what if" scenario in an extremely stupid and roundabout way; the replacements usually act mostly like the old character, except with some quirks related to their gender/race because they still have to be Iron Man or Thor or whatever at the end of the day. Or they just ignore all of what makes the character recognizable in favor of having them be a walking stereotype, but they've mostly figured out that people really hate this. An example of adding some diversity in a way that doesn't suck dick is John Stewart - Hal didn't have to die for him to take over, he was a distinct character who still embodied what Green Lantern is all about, and his being black was fairly incidental overall. Niggers in comics aren't inherently bad, it's about how they execute it.
>>
>>124597367
>i will watch anything that has chracters who talk like retards fighting as long as they dont make an obnoxious teenager iron man in them
>>
>>124597418
Don't care. As of today, July 22nd 2021, cartoons are unwatchable shit and anime is still fun. Chainsaw Man will be the best animated series of the year and your cope won't change that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyonP1AgC0k
>>
>>124592266
Imagine being a normie and picking up a comic from 5 years ago.
>>
>>124597466
I watch things that are good and fun. Cartoons stopped being good and fun. Anime is still good and fun.

It's not that complex. Blame Marvel and other western media institutions for driving the quality of their work into the ground.
>>
>>124597488

I really can't wait for anime to become westernized so I can see people like you shit your diapers and bitch there is nothing left for them to consume and end up killing yourselves
>>
>>124597614
Don't care. I'll be watching CSM while you watch Stephen Brapverse.
>>
>>124597488
Here's the primary demographic for what you are watching. Embrace your brethren.
>>
Implying kids would care if comics looked like this
>>
>>124597657
As opposed to Steven Universe trannies? I think I'll be fine.
>>
>>124597674
That probably sold over 100x much as ironfart.
>>
>>124597629

Manga like csm will cease to exist unless they conform to western audiences
>>
>>124597723
Again
implying kids today would be knocking down shelves to read that
>>
>>124597705
I'd rather hang out with trannies than 13 year old YouTube addicts, tbqhwyf
>>
File: 91C8TbfNmAL.jpg (931 KB, 2560x1920)
931 KB
931 KB JPG
Invincible got quite a sales boost after the Amazon adaptation. I assume that's because the adaptation is actually accurate and people can continue the story with the comic.
>>
>>124592405
>>124592453
You do know that's only one character?
>>
>>124597817
Well yeah, you're a 35 year old tranny manchild that still watches modern American cartoons lmfao.
>>
>>124592457
It's extremely successful for movies and shows.
>>
>>124597918
What if I told you that I'm a 22 year old straight white male and that I haven't watched any cartoon other than Courage the Cowardly Dog in the last 6 years?
>>
>>124597985
Comics and Cartoons are both utter shit right now. I don't care which one you prefer, you consume garbage either way.
>>
>>124597883
Other comics book movies take their sources liberally from 40 or 20 years ago. Marvel nor DC ever copied and paste a plot point like manga and anime.
>>
>>124598005
Why are you here?
>>
>>124598057
I hate that, I hate writers that feel the need to "reinvent", you are not reinventing you are just ruining, I swear american comic/cartoon writers should all fucking die, if you aren't drawing your own characters you are a parasite and you need to die
>>
>>124598083
To make fun of this dying medium and board.
>>
>>124598005
You're really desperate for me to fit into your preconceived notions, aren't you? I don't read capeshit either, try again. Feel free to admit at any time that the only way you cope with liking Japanese cartoons for edgy tweens is by comparing them to your ideas about western cartoons you don't even watch. Fucking sad.
>>
>>124598180
You're too afraid to name a single thing you genuinely like because even you know it's garbage.
>>
>>124598117
It was like this in the 90s. Just watch blade or spiderman. It does suck you can't read and watch the same plotline like anime.
>>
Hey guys I don't know comics very well but I really enjoyed Infamous Iron Man. The plot was fine, better than most random comics I pick up.
Anyways my question is: are there any other comics with a similar aesthetic and art style? Secret Wars 2 is another Doom-centric story I really liked.
>>
>>124598276
>likes bendis shit
you are without hope
>>
>>124598276
I don't know shit about Iron Man or Doctor Doom, but if you're looking for "Supervillain takes the guise of a superhero", there's Doc Ock in the Superior Spider-Man.

You could also look for comics the artist (Alex Maleev) worked on.
>>
>>124598216
I implied I liked Courage the Cowardly Dog in my first post, but I'll spoonfeed you some more. I like The Sandman, the spinoffs of The Sandman, Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Usagi, 8-bit theater, Kill 8 Billion Demons, shitting on Questionable Content, Far Side cartoons, Garfield comics, and telling weebs that they're retarded. Those are the things I come to /co/ for. Feel free to cope.
>>
>>124598494
>8
6*
>>
>>124597916
Do you seriously think that's the only time they've done this in the last decade?
The entire last decade of numarvel was literally defined by diversity nigger replacements.
It's why everyone dropped them in the first place.
>>
>>124598276
Superior Spider-man had the same vibe. Also Superior Iron Man.
>>
>>124598246
That's an interesting comparison.
Manga seems to be about a creator seeing a project through to the end while comics are about keeping the project going as long as possibe. I think about Bleach as a good example, the fans pushed the creator to stick with the story by not supporting their other projects, but the result of that pressure was not pleasing to the fans. So Bleach will forever have a final arc that wasn't well received. With comics, the stakes are lower since someone else can come along and do a better job.
>>
>>124596141
Yes she is, outrage shill.
>>
>>124598557
>Yes she is, outrage shill.
Explain to the class how she's a better character now, compared to before, beyond saying "bendis".
>>
>>124598539
A lot of manga artists still try to stretch things out as much as possible, it's fairly common to see 500+ issue manga where 200 of those issues will be skippable filler. The real main difference is that manga tends to be self-contained, the writers have to create new settings and characters instead of working on top of what someone else already did. They usually just churn out generic shit that's hardly noticeably different from 98% of other manga to the layperson but they at least have to come up with new names and character designs.
>>
>>124598463
Didn't Doc Ock replace Spider-Man months after the Amazing Spider-Man movie was released?
>>
>>124598117
That's some sheer A-logging there
>>
>>124598511
Do you think sales started to decline in 2010 and not 1997? Lol
>>
>>124598385
What's wrong with Bendis? I really enjoyed the visuals mostly, the writing wasn't terrible.
>>124598520
Superior iron man kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I'll read superior spiderman, though. It's not really the villain playing hero aspect I'm drawn to, specifically.
>>124598463
Yeah I saw his name when I googled who Bendis was. It says they collaborate frequently, so I'll have to figure out why the first reply has such an issue with him.
>>
>>124598784
Bendis?
>>
>>124595927
Give it a couple of decades and then people will remember it fondly and then bitch about whatever is new
>>
File: quality.png (3.62 MB, 1600x1600)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB PNG
>>124598839
>those were the days!
>>
>>124597225
Shes in the champions book. What you mean is she doesn't have a solo book going. Since she has a dinsey plus show coming I can bet that will change.
>>
>>124598620
They stopped making her a Mary Sue, for one. They gave her flaws by making her more of a Reeds Richard-type autist, completely focused on her work at the cost of being completey unable to read the room, while also giving her traima from getting BTFO by Thanos.

They also did a better job of having her connect to other characters like her friend Xavier and Vision's daughter Viv.
>>
>>124592319
Didn't Shang-Chi got banned in China? The audience it was pandering to? That shit is so fucked LMAO
>>
>>124598924
So they just made her Tony Stark from the movies.
>>
>>124598881
It will happen. Hell people are doing it now with Kamala saying how she used to be so much better. Things like this always happen. Except just like with the 90s shit. People won't tell if they really like it, if their nostalgia is making them think they liked it or there being sarcastic about it so they can bitch about whatever is new and different.
>>
>>124598881
It's not impossible, the 00s had some of the worst Marvel comics up to that point (even including the 90s) and yet people do look back at that fondly compared with the 2010s
>>
>>124598976
Like how people are looking back and praising Bendis for the ultimate universe and then in the next breath shiting on bendis for his current work
>>
>>124598784
Bendis has a very noticeable writing style, so you'll know it when you see it. He's written a shitload of comic runs, many of which have been poorly received to say the least. Invincible Iron Man in the OP is a prime example, to the point where many people completely wrote off Riri Williams as a character, even though subsequent writers have done a good job adding depth to her.
>>
>>124598944
RDJ's Tony Stark isn't a Reeds Richards-type autist, and is sociable as fuck.
>>
>>124598834
bendis the writer? like for comics?
>>
>>124592266
I mean she's kind of hot
>>
>>124592266
>Comics never change, fuck DC and fuck MARVEL
Comics try something different
>WHERE ARE MMMMYYYYY COMICS>!??!
>>
>>124598834
Yeah
>>124598385
Said liking a comic by the guy meant I was "beyond hope" which I assume is just the usual contrarianism or maybe he's just very woke.
The point I was trying to make is that the color palette and the way the magic/lasers are drawn is very appealing to me. I like the way the panels look. The quality isn't always there, but when it is, I get this very specific feeling I've never had reading a comic before.
Its like seeing something as a kid and saying "I like that so much that I want to do it."
>>
>>124599158
based opinion, i only read bendis iron man shit because riri is cute
>>
>>124599158
Great all that shitposting about how this is terrible down the drain because you said she’s hot not we have to pretend your post doesn’t exist or is just there to be contrarian
>>
>>124592368
>she is already dead
Yeah, Black Widow was 7 years too late at least. She should have had a film after the first Avengers.
>>
>>124599111
Bendis made Riri bad. Since being taken over by other people. She has been more likable. It was pretty funny how Riri got homophobic around Viv after she kissed her. Then spent time trying to be with any guy as if to prove she was straight.
>>
>>124599133
Bendis writes comics?
>>
>>124599111
>self centered narcissist who gets PTSD after a near death experience
that's literally mcu iron man
which might be decent writing, except in this case it's just a rip off of not even anything obscure, but literally mcu iron man
>>
>>124597030
Do airport magazine stands still sell comic singles?
>>
>>124599180
i was saying you are beyond hope because bendis is a very bad writer can is generally hated by the larger audience.
That being said, infamous iron man has a very unique aesthetic, I would tell you to read more of maleevs stuff but then you would have to read more bendis.
doom is also a completely different chracter in this series from how he normally is, my best bet would be to recommend dr strange stuff(?) I particularly like triumph and torment which also has doctor doom in it.
>>
>>124599244
yeah brian michael bendis, you know the guy?
>>
>>124599281
Film can influence comics.
>>
>>124599418
The guy?
>>
>>124599084
I don't want to be rude but I don't really care about the writing in this case. Comics are 80% visual to me, so the "writing" is a very small part of my experience. When I read a comic, it's usually 1-3 comics or a volume. I have no idea what the fuck is going on in the other comics or preceding storylines. So what I like is the art, arrangement of panels, and the scenario. The premise of Infamous Iron Man is cool. The scenario of Doom having to limit himself to being 'heroic' instead of what he considers Doom to be, is cool.
Sorry, I just don't understand how writing ruins this or any other comic for someone. Maybe it's a generational thing, or maybe people having digital access to ALL the comics changes their expectations for the medium. I like to get one comic and just look at it off and on for a month. If I like it, I'll keep it. If I don't, I'll throw it away.
>>
>>124599497
yeah the guy bendis he is a man, a guy, a dude, a dude who writes comics, that bendis
>>
>>124599281
>self centered narcissist
You're describing Bendis' Riri, not Ewing's Riri.
>>
>>124599380
Bendis can make good books. But that's also what's bad because then he thinks he can do whatever then turns out shit.

Remember all the shit he caused at DC now they are trying to undo everything he did. Hell Naomi the black daughter insert was so bad he forced her into the young justice comic ranking that.

I'm still salty CW is passing up on painkiller to make Namoi. It is a shit charecter and will be a shit show.
>>
>>124599564
Yeah Riri when being done by other people she is likeable and not a crazy bitch
>>
>>124599632
yeah naomi is garbage, not even "other writers could do her better teir" there is simply no idea behind her its literally just "what if i made a black girl superhero and then i made shit up as i went along" absolutely the worst thing to come out of comics in the last decade
>>
>>124599545

I can kinda understand, I only recently started paying attention to who's writing what. Most of the comics I've read have been of newer characters (Riri, Gwenpool, Kong Kenan, Sideways) so I'm not used to character inconsistancies or preferred runs or stuff. I tihnk a lot of people are heavily invested in the characters themselves, so every new writer is going to get compared to the entire litany of that character's past works.

And when I said writing, I meant the plot as well as characterization. So someone taking a really cool sounding premise and doing nothing with it for 40 issues.
>>
>>124599380
Thanks for the suggestion. I've never actually read Dr. Strange, maybe it was a timing thing. When I got into comics he was always in defenders or some other stuff as a side character.
I like to look at comics as "here's some inspiration for your weekly tabletop game," and leave it at that.
>>
>>124596856
Then why pretend you know what you're talking about if you didn't read it, retard?
>>
>>124599943
if you like the art specifically then you should check out trad moores silver surfer black
>>
>>124599711
Yeah it's going to be garbage
>>
>>124599968
Because everyone already needs more than they need to about whatever cuckshit you're defending this time.
>>
>>124599968
If the main appeal of your story is the new diverse character, you probably never had a good story to tell anyways.

This applies to almost any gimmick, not just SJW bait. I feel the same about stupid crossover events. They exist solely as a gimmick, not an actual vehicle for good story telling.
>>
>>124600151
I used to get mad about that stuff but it's not sjw or communism, it's just capitalism marketing to people who want to escape capitalism. It is a large, stupid, and easily accessed market. The people who gobble up that kind of garbage are not uniquely evil. They are people with money that use their money to achieve escapist goals just like most people living in the west. Hating them, and being hated by them just creates more negativity for marketing to exploit with lazy products.
>>
>>124600327
Capitalism isn't the problem here. These comics don't sell well. Capitalism is working. The problem is instead of following normal market forces, they still try to force diversity and SJW shit into comics for some bewildering reason.

If capitalism was the issue, these comics would be selling well but they aren't.
>>
>>124600151
Why don’t you just shut the fuck up already, your whining is tiresome. We get it, you’re triggered and want to bitch about stuff you don’t even read, move on already for God’s sake.
>>
>>124600034
not defending it but it just makes you look like a retard if you're saying shit that literally did not happen
>>
>>124593087
She was hot in the panther suit.
>>
>>124600384
No. I enjoy making faggots like you seethe. I will keep shitting on your terrible agenda pushing comics because it's cathartic and I enjoy the tears of /co/mblrfags that actually enjoy this trash and want to defend it but they can't.
>>
File: ssb3-7.jpg (99 KB, 599x911)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>124599987
Thanks. That's another good suggestion. There's a lot of cool art from what I saw. I've always liked silver surfer, but he feels like a green lantern type of character where he works best in his own story. I saw something about it being "weird and existential," so hopefully that means it focuses on a journey rather than a big battle. Unworthy Thor, for example. I think the best stories are about a journey, rather than impending/looming conflict.
Not to get too political, but the cold war/WW2 type of "we could all die at any moment" or "if we don't stop x then the earth is doomed" story has been passed off as the default comic book plot for too long. We should pay more attention to telling stories about the world we actually live in than just endlessly perfecting our depictions of the past.
>>
File: 1540863339918.jpg (19 KB, 500x265)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>124592266
>I want more corporate synergy in my comics
>normalfags totally want read comics just because they watched a movie one or twice
>>
>>124600425
>still seething
If you're the same guy who posted that gay seinen anime that isn't even out yet you're still a worthless faggot who needs to take his meds.
>>
>>124600425
based
>>
>>124600635
>normalfags totally want read comics just because they watched a movie one or twice
yes, that's how it works, unfortunately marvel's comic cuck division completely shit all over their window of opportunity
>>
>>124600727
>no u
Brilliant banter, lowfuckingcow.
>>
>>124593646
Single fatherhood is degenerate. Divorces are degenerate. Dead wives are degenerate, a real father keeps their family safe.. America is pathetic if Donny the homo hipters Cates' comics are what pass as "based" there.
>>
>>124600369
You're ignoring cost and the data economy. If a comic gets people talking it generates data that can be monetized. If the sjw comic is cheaper to make it doesn't have to sell as well. If the core fanbase is providing reliable revenue streams you can afford to experiment with sjw comics until you find what does sell well, as the payoff will be tremendous. Total sales are a good indicator for objects like physical comics, but not the media that is printed on them. Torrenting, subscription services, social media activity, and the influence a piece of media has on a community matters more. For example, core fanbase comic readers might have given up on comics entirely if they were just shitty. Instead, they pay more attention to comics than ever because they have to sift through them to find the stories that meet their requirements. The existence of sjw comics provides incentive to engage with the community and examine more comics than you normally would. The people playing you have only gotten smarter and better at it while the average person has generally gotten dumber and more emotional. Ideology is, and always has been, a way to manipulate people's behavior to the point of acting outside their own interest. Getting angry and denouncing other people does not alleviate this at all.
Comics are a medium, you cannot "take over" a medium. You can take over a company and their influence over a medium, but anyone who has fooled themselves into thinking comics are being "taken over" is making a priori assumptions implying Marvel is necessary and will go on forever. Marvel very much wants you to believe this. If you are afraid of what they have become you will engage with their products. If you no longer care about them, they lose money. Engagement is far more valuable to any company than the lack of it. Convincing the people that hate you that you are essential to the industry and will be around forever is an excellent way to discourage competition.
>>
Am I a big Dum for not reading Iron Heart?
>>
>>124600822
You know how Arabs willingly move to Europe, then chimp out like niggers because they don't like it there? That's you. You're the sandnigger. Except at least a sandnigger has the balls to stab a fucker, you can't even put in the effort to come up with a decent insult in your faggoty crusade. I bet you're the sort of person who gets seething mad when someone calls you a tranny, because you've spent so long thinking about them that you've started subconsciously wanting to be one. So dial 8 and kill yourself.
>>
File: Boobies.png (6 KB, 492x328)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>124600421
>>
>>124600959
It's understandable given the negative reception based on how horribly Bendis handled her, but Zub and Ewing rebuilt Riri into an actual likable character. Give their run a shot.
>>
Fuck Bendis and his bbc fetish
>>
>>124593118
>Steve died in the aftermath of Civil War

He didn't. He was thrown into the time stream.
Just like Batman in 'Final Crisis' .

>>124593592

I never sucked off Bendis, thanks.

>>124593598

Tony is not into younger women
And she's 15
>>
>>124595370
Bro based as fuck!
>>
File: Bye Bendis.jpg (612 KB, 716x2193)
612 KB
612 KB JPG
>>124593835

She was. For a while. 'Ironheart' was later.

I was actually OK with that aspect. Too bad nobody ever asked the armored girl who she was and she'd answer stony-faced "I am Iron Man".

But she got the title too easily. Becoming Iron Man costs you. Blood and pain and grief.

She got that at the end, not the beginning
>>
>>124594397

I assumed it was short for 'Brainerd' but apparently it's not

I like the distinction, though

>>124594604

Buzz, on the other hand, is an onomatopoeia

>>124594868

Potty-mouthed imbecile.
>>
>>124600906
Except they've known their SJW comics haven't sold for a decade now, and do it in direct contradiction to what's profitable, as virtue signaling vanity projects that everyone hates.
>>
>>124594981

I WANTED TO SEE HOW THIS WOULD TURN OUT

>>124595599

Why? Are you a fan of Whor?

>>124595849

The only relevant opinion
>>
>>124593823
>within the last few months
None of the characters you guys are claiming are getting defended are younger than five years old at this point.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.45 MB, 288x198)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB GIF
>>124596488

It's the 'how' more than the 'what'. Riri could have been good - as Eve Ewing showed - but she wasn't. She was also heavily forced. It was all very sad.

>>124597769
pic related

>>124598276
>I don't know comics very well but I really enjoyed Infamous Iron Man.

That... is the only way that makes sense
>>
>>124598511
>The entire last decade of numarvel was literally defined by diversity nigger replacements.
Name one that's even still around and replacing anyone. Literally everyone that got "replaced" was back within 2 years and those "replacements" got revealed to be the sidekicks everyone that actually reads comics knew they were.
>>
>>124598974
>people are doing it now with Kamala saying how she used to be so much better.

SHE WAS

>>124599014

I never read Ultimate Bendis so who knows
They do it to Ridley Scott

>>124599943

Fuck yeah. Pyccia Oktobep
Goddamn that was a crazy month
>>
>>124600583

The art was gorgeous but the story was Cates which means it's bad
We don't know why, but several of the most influential comic book writers these days - specifically Scott Snyder, Donny Cates, Tom King and Jason Aaron - seem to be actively trying to destroy superhero comics.

>>124600888

Meinen Sie nicht 'Entartet', Obersturmgruppenführer?

>>124600959

No but it's worth a read. Twelve issues, you can do it.

Extra points to Ewing for using some pretty obscure characters.
>>
>>124599014
The thing is that Bendis only has one character voice. In the Ultimate Universe where he was really only doing USM that worked. When you see that same voice on all the avengers and all the x-men and the guardians of the galaxy and basically every other franchise? It starts to reveal its flaws more and more.
There's no reason that X-23 should've been quipping like Peter Parker, for example.
>>
>>124595370

Your heart may be in the right place but you lack understanding.
>>
>>124601605

Look at Sweden. Look at France. Look at Germany. All these refugees have settled in nicely and have taken over the country for the better this is how it will look worldwide
>>
>>124601705
Being One People is different from letting in Muslims. Religion, especially Islam, and retarded cultural sexism/homophobia/xenophobia are all things that would be eradicated.

If Europe only let in families and not single men while encouraging them to assimilate and not just live in ethnically isolated communities there wouldn't be a problem.
>>
What the shit is going on here? What the hell is going on here, did Moot merge all the boards again without telling us?
>>
>>124601586
>We don't know why
I played MtG for 12 or so years, I'm familiar with the experience.
Do you think it is an issue with super heroes themselves or is there some other reason? Cates did Crossover, so are these big names hitting their Frank Miller phase?
>>
>>124601506
That goes to show how unpopular they were.
>>
It's annoying because literally whos like this bitch and - God help us - America Chavez, probably the worst character Marvel ever pumped out (and that's saying a LOT), are somehow getting MCU debuts before longtime fan favorites who are actually cool and compelling.

Where the fuck is Darkhawk? Nova? Quasar?

Shit, I'd take Sleepwalker.

The unending, constant SJW virtue signalling is so tiresome.
>>
>>124601169
congrats on being the minority on this board back when Ult spiderman was running pre-miles
>>
>>124601705

Oh, it was some hamfisted satire. Funny!

Doubly funny if you're American

>>124602068

America is fine. Gabby Rivera was the problem.
And apparently Marvel agrees since the new mini is retconning her entirely

Even America's own creator is re-doing her at another publishing house

>>124602073

Ah. I never read Ultimate Spider-Man so I can't take credit for seeing through Baldy McFatface back then.
>>
>>124602264

>Satire

>>124601773

The whole point of refugees coming into the land is to assimilate them into western culture which is happening now. It's why comics and cartoons have changed so much now these people have settled here got jobs and are pushing for heroes to look like them while simultaneously taking out the more extreme depictions of their religions and cultural activities>>124601705
>>
>>124592980
While everything you're saying about cape books and their history of "temporary replacement" arcs is true, most of those stories tended not to run longer than 2 years, and both Marvel and DC were usually careful not to overlap them, it would be very rare to even have two stories like that running at the same time in one company. Then in Marvel under Alonso, suddenly a lot of characters were getting replaced at the same time, and some of these replacements were lasting for a lot longer than anyone would have reasonably expected them to. There were absolutely reasons why longtime fans became convinced Marvel were going to push the 2010s replacement characters for as long as they could, and try to get some of them to stick, even if most of those fans would normally have known better.
>>
File: heh.png (345 KB, 576x592)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
>>124601454
>anon discovers that comics are mostly trash and subpar
>>
>>124603042
This is such lackluster internet influencer-ing
Are you from India?
>>
>>124603042
When it becomes an existential issue that can't be ignored, you'll be horrified at how quickly normies will get on board with mandatory repatriations.
>>
File: Loki.jpg (162 KB, 750x999)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
Until the comic book industry is liberated from the shackles of corporate tyranny, a stagnant swamp of repetition and meek driven regurgitation shall continue to be processed to the capitalist profit of the patronage.

Comic Book's greatest enemy are its publishers, who dictate what should the masses read and shouldn't read.
>>
>>124603648

It's already too late at that point. Who is going to rally against them. England is a shining example of what is to come because anyone who would be against it is drowned out by a sea of minority. I suggest you start picking up Ms. Marvel and america Chavez because they are going to be your new faces of marvel
>>
>>124600888
>if Donny the homo hipters Cates' comics are what pass as "based" there.
The cunt is probably in this thread right now
>>
Not everyone is a /pol/nigger OP, and certainly not some normalite that has never read a comicbook
>>
>>124592550
is this the girl from henry danger
>>
>>124605193
That is correct. Never realized how long that show ran for until suddenly everyone was post-puberty and almost unrecognizable.
>>
>>124592301
You're right about normies not caring about this shit.
Most of them think you progressives are fucking lunatics too, they just don't care enough to deal with your shit.
I've got nothing better to do, I'll care for you.
>>
>>124601589
Yeah it's weird the extremes he will takes things. Were it will ether be good or be shit
>>
>>124601995
It goes to show that this shit NEVER sticks in comics and only stupid faggots throw tantrums about it years after the fact.
>>
>>124606536
ywnbaw
*dabs*
>>
>>124592319
>Shmag chi and eternals are both actually at risk of bombing.
That prophecy would have more meaning if you faggots wouldn't say it EVERY time a movie airs in theaters.
>>
>>124592337
lol this.
Calm down and finish sucking your dick, OP
>>
>>124592560
>No faults
Confirmed never read a single issue of it.
>>
>>124592301
Didn't Shang-chi already bomb? It got banned from chinkland, and BW is doing poorly
>how little normies care about "the culture war" compared to you
It's not a matter of caring, it's a matter of quality. Marvel can't pull the "Let's have our megabuster movie followed by a movie that you have to understand to get the big blockbuster movie" hook like they did with Cap Marvel and Black Panther because there aren't any left. Hell, Marvel doesn't have any bigshots left at all.

Marvel has no good heroes left beyond a coalition of diversity hires with unoriginal carbon copy powers of the previous ones who for the most part don't deserve their powers at all. Civil War 2 was a complete and utter joke with Captain Marvel being completely in the wrong ("Do you punish people for the crimes they made?" is such a laughably easy question to answer that it's laughable, and them trying to pit C Marvel as the equal of Tony Stark is laughable), and the only recent "good" hero that Marvel has made recently is Miss Marvel.
>>
>>124592476
Half of this shit applies to manga as well
>Marvel CEO Ike, is a full blown misogynist and Trump supporter who donated millions to him.
What proof is there of this lol
>>
>>124592476
>>Super expensive for like a few minutes of entertainment
Have you read manga before? Popular series can't even fill 16 pages without a two month hiatus, and that's without color.
>>
>>124592683
the only good one here is Beta Ray Bill
>>
comic book writers are shut in dorks who want to be social justice warriors. they grew up reading comics and thinking they can be heroes too. this is how they think they can do it. unfortunately its fake, pandering, and empty. much like their lives.
>>
>>124594181
>4.5% identified as gay in 2000
>In 2021 that number has gone up to 5.2%
wow a whole 1%!!!!
>>
File: 1538730275251.jpg (35 KB, 720x720)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>124592266
This is another reason I hate trying to get into capeshit is that every character is a fucking mantle and it just turns the characters history into a cesspool of different people going by the same or similar name
>>
>>124592301
>Watch, Shang-chi is going to make mad stacks
>>
>>124601213
>not the topless edit
For shame.
>>
>>124592266
It's like that one comic about Starfire.
>>
>>124592266
I wish they would get rid of more white superheroes because honestly, comics aren't nearly as diverse as real life, it's kind of pathetic.
>>
>>124609382
>What proof is there of this lol
NTA but you can just google Ike Perlmutter, you know? Like the first two rows of google images are him shaking hands or hanging out with Trump.
Honestly I don't care about Perlmutter's politics, the fact that he's a cheap motherfucker that fired all the editors is a bigger problem. As were his constant attempts at forcing Inhumans down our throat because he didn't want Fox to profit off of X-men and thought they were interchangable.
>>
File: Best Girl.jpg (126 KB, 521x1024)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
How the fuck did Iron Patriot get a better lady legacy character than Iron Man?
>>
>>124593643
a picture of two (2) hands
this is your brain in american capeshit comics
>>
File: 1618622199339.jpg (47 KB, 464x454)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>124610089
>(female) iron patriot
>actually looks good
holy shit
>>
>>124592489
it's really more about demoralizing white men because they are the biggest obstacle to a elites dictatorship.
democracy and human rights were not by chance created in white male countries while every other country stuck being a brutal dictatorship

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.