[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1597291865365.png (1.15 MB, 2876x3250)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
Admit it, they did a surprisingly great job with the uniforms.
>>
The white horizontal line sticks out in my mind's eye's ear as too loud and noisy.

Though I do appreciate that the top doesn't zip down the back which only works in a world where I can use a personalized tractor beam in my dressing room.
>>
>>122807106
Really damning them with faint praise, there, anon
>>
>>122807169
What I like is how it looks like a nice progression of the TNG-era uniforms, but without losing what made those work, and also making them look even more sleek and stylish.

The double breasted look they recycled from a canned costume design they were rigging up for Generations iirc, that they just couldn't get to work. But it still looks really nice and I like how the midsection cuts off from the 'trousers' much better than the TNG suits.

I also like how they differentiated between science and medical, though I've always felt like medical should just be green.
>>
File: no-white-lines.png (52 KB, 329x818)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>122807360
>though I've always felt like medical should just be green
I'd say it should go the other way.
Medical = Blue. General science stuff = Green.
>>
>>122807562
This would work, actually. I just know that sometimes scrubs irl can be green (or other colors really) rather than blue, but I guess the color association is there.

On that note, I still don't understand why science and medical still share a color. Never really made sense to me. Sure there's probably some overlap there but not enough to where they should be grouped together.
>>
>>122807106

What is purple ?

And green ?
>>
>>122807360
>I also like how they differentiated between science and medical, though I've always felt like medical should just be green.
The Orville did this, is that where you got the idea from?
>>
>>122807767
Come to think of it, should engineering be a different color from security? I mean, both would fall under the operations umbrella, so it fits better than science and medical being the same color but it would make sense for them to be separated by color too.

>>122808049
>The Orville did this, is that where you got the idea from?
Come to think of it, the Orville did do that, yeah. But that's not why, it's just that it makes logical sense.
>>
File: 1599969555901.png (385 KB, 800x1200)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
For fucks' sakes, let's get a Star Trek thread going, /co/.
>>
>>122809376
Star Trek alien designs don’t please my pp, they’re way too boring
>>
>>122807106
I don't really care, the animation was decent enough but the main lead characters were ultimately just way too annoying.
>>
>>122809592
Star Trek aliens are fine. They're distinctive and recognizable, iconic even, but they serve their purpose. They're not meant to be especially alien because Trek aliens are mostly meant to be a way to analyze the human condition and human society. An alien race in Trek is meant to be some aspect of humanity or some ideal or form of government taken to its logical extreme.

That said, if it's alien qts that you want, Trek has them in spades.
>>
>>122807106
>Admit it, they did a surprisingly great job with the uniforms.
No, I will not, because they did not. Those little faggy booties ruin the whole thing.
>>
>>122807106
True.
>>
What would /co/ like to see in a new Star Trek show or cartoon?
>>
>>122810065
>They're not meant to be especially alien because Trek aliens are mostly meant to be a way to analyze the human condition and human society.
They're not especially alien because portraying non-human designs was hard in live-action
>>
File: 1586847427444.png (1.1 MB, 991x762)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>122811748
Only partially true. Roddenberry wanted to use aliens to analyze humans from the very start.

https://time.com/4412821/star-trek-tv-aliens/

This idea that Trek aliens are dumb because they have rubber prosthetics on their foreheads and are obviously just humans with makeup is flawed because Roddenberry knew 100% what he was doing.
>>
>>122807106
So the only way to tell the difference between Medical and general Science is to look at their shoes? I feel like there should be a better way.
>>
File: Space Shows.png (865 KB, 821x755)
865 KB
865 KB PNG
>>
>>122812125
>Red Dwarf
>A Tier
I think it deserves to be knocked down a couple of tears, especially considering how bleh it got. At its peak, it was great. But there are more misses than hits now.
>>
>>122812125
The Expanse being only A-tier seems a little low. That shit seems like it should be bumped up to S-tier at the very least, or SS-tier. But I suppose it's not really done yet either.
>>
File: brinson.png (684 KB, 713x836)
684 KB
684 KB PNG
Brad lucked out
>>
>>122812125
Is SG1 SS tier?
I'm 4 seasons in and it's just hasn't been doing it for me.
>>
>>122812125
DS9 deserves to be higher.

Also where do you think Space Dandy would rank?
>>
>>122807106
I don't recall blueshirts every having black boots.
>>
>>122811605
I don't think Trek needs or benefits from an animation. It's at its best when it's a well-written slow-paced drama.
>>
>>122814327
Idk, Trek has always treaded territory that could be done pretty good justice with animation. Like V'Ger in TMP, that one DS9 episode where the runabout gets shrunken, and Species 8472's fluidic space home.
>>
>>122812697
Yeah. She was a cunt. Boimler deserves better.
>>
>>122807106
I never understood why a dress uniform is literally a dress.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.