[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: Anglos.....jpg (1.81 MB, 3264x1813)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
Why is King Arthur so rarely portrayed as evil in media? Worst you get is hubris and ego or being a shit mother(father) in Japan.
>>
>>122792502
sauce?
>>
>>122792502
How can he smell his bloodline without a nose?
>>
It's okay to be a deadbeat father when your sister decided to ride you cowgirl style when you had a dick that one time and didn't impregnate your wife.
>>
>>122792542
The olfactory nerves are in the nasal cavity. The external nose is mostly for thermal regulation, allergen/bacteria filtering, and sexual selection.
>>
>>122792535
Once & Future by Kieron Gillen

Plot: British nationalists resurrect King Arthur to purge the nation of non-British people only to find out King Arthur considers anybody not of native British blood to be exactly that so starts murdering everybody.
>>
>>122792608
She let her kid become male(female).
>>
For me it's copying anime Arthur moves and pretending you didn't.
>>
>>122792542
It's a really good book, you should read it.
>>
Arthur defo does a fair few pretty bad things.

Drowning all the babies born on a certain day certainly takes the cake though. Pure ties them all to a raft, sets it on fire and sends it out to sea
>>
>>122792502
He's generally considered the iconic 'good king', so making him evil sort of goes against the grain of his legendary character.
In the past, though, the Scots portrayed Mordred as in the right, as King Lot's sons were rightful inheritors to the throne of Britain and Arthur denied that to them.
>>
>>122792502
I have a bigger question about this book. How is Dan Mora this good and this fast
>>
>>122793288
Yeah he does; that's my point. He isn't portrayed as such in most media. He's rash, angry, impulsive, egotistic and narcissistic... and usually plot revolves around him fixing that. But in Matters of England he was a bit of a dick.
>>
>>122792931
This editing is hilarious.
>>
>>122793514
>we want to do 300 but forgot that 300 was good because it was different and was based on a graphic novel where the author is a Spartan bigging up the Spartans with over the top shit, rather than playing it serious
>also Zack Synder fucked it up by doing it every film and The Matrix still did it best
>>
>>122792931
>>122793590
Why are none of them even a little dismembered?
>>
>>122792502
>>122792608
Are we counting the (female) king versions where Artoria is turned into an emotionless and merciless Alter aiding The Shadow (not that one!) or where picking the lance makes her sprout massive tracts of land and grow like two extra feet of height and then conquer the Middle East brutally?
>>
>>122792502
He's evil in the new King Arthur game where you play as Mordred. But he's Undead there too.
>>
>>122793590

i enjoyed this film a lot. Weak third act tho
>>
>>122793288
Those babies had it coming!
>>
>>122793750
I bought that. Not played it yet. Loved their RTS games. I was dumb and didn't check if it needed Windows 10 (liek so many games now, fuck that) and I should really do so. But if I remember correctly, Mordred and King Arthur kill each other (Mordred is the bad guy) but King Arthur is then rezzed ans is evil and Modred is rezzed to fight him.
>>
>>122792502
Because nobody gives a shit about King Arthur
>>
>>122792502
>>122792701
Absolutely based
>>
>>122793147
I will, love the art
>>
>>122794283
It's a good book other than the protag being a Gillen self-insert and his curry fever. Having the old lady character was interesting so I let that stuff slide.
>>
>>122793729
Nobody counts Fate depictions in anything. All Fate is is waifushit now and a mediocre porn VN that excised all the porn when it got popular with normalfags
>>
>>122794283
Anglo-Saxons are native, though.
>>
>>122794410
>Anglo-Saxons are native, though
HA good joke
>>
>>122794410
No they are not. The genetics of the British Isles has remained, by and large, unchanged for thousands of years. It is only with post WW2 mass importation of non-whites that the genetics have changed.
>>
>>122792502
He's King Arthur, pretty cool dude even if was a cuckold.

>>122793462
>How is Dan Mora this good and this fast
Latino weeb powers folded over 10000 times and dipped in the blood of people who don't watch DBZ.
>>
>>122794410
>literal Germanic invaders are natives
lol
>>
>>122794468
>>122794473
Okay then, smarty pants. If Anglo-Saxons aren't native who is? Where are these "native" British.
>>
>>122794569
The natives from various tribes such as the Iceni or Brigantes. That's just in England. In Wales you have Ordovices. Then in Scotland you have the Caledonians.
>>
>>122794655
Do any of the people you listed exist today?
>>
>>122794670
Existing today is not a qualification for being the original inhabitants of a place.
>>
>>122794670
Genetically? Yes. As a political state? No. Closest to original British isles people you have are the remote Scottish island communities.

Regardless, not sure what that has to do with your comment. Those were the natives that were there when the Roman's invaded. Then the Angles, then the Saxons. Then the Normans. All the while being raided by Picts and the Irish and other diaspora.
>>
>>122794655
There were people in Britain before the Celts, they're the TRUE English.
>>
>>122794837
And everybody on Earth originated from Africa; what's your point? Prior to Roman invasion, the Briton (or Pritanni) tribes were the 'natives'. Anglo-Saxons were not native to the country. Around 250,000 settled over the centuries there.

It's all irrelevant because the book is basically just laughing at the idea of 'native' because somebody will always be saying they're the original. Just enjoy the art and the story, Christ.
>>
>>122792502
What race was King Arthur if not an anglo?
>>
>>122793288
Babies are stupid, always squealing and shit. Pretty based
>>
>>122794569
Where do you think Saxony is?
>>
>>122794906
I'm taking the piss mate, it's my favorite release at the moment.
>>
>>122794976
What do you mean, upper or lower Saxony?
>>
File: FRANKED.jpg (462 KB, 1041x1600)
462 KB
462 KB JPG
lol
>>
>>122792701
This is both based and cringe. Based as this sounds like a fun story and cringe because it's obvious the author's intent is
>>
>>122795039
What is the ‘obvious’ intent exactly?
>>
>>122795090

it makes modern racists look like idiot morons

so obvious this upsets anon
>>
>>122792701
Does the comic pay any lip service to the idea that Arthur is distantly Roman?
>>122795090
There's no true British.
Basically the Classic "Illegal Immigrants Out" Native American saying "Cool When Are you Leaving" meme.
>>
>>122795090
Are you being coy, deliberately obtuse, or are you a shoot retard?
>>
>>122795128
t. /co/mblr
>>
>>122792502
King Arthur's primary role in Western Media nowadays is being a legendary bloodline/sword holder so your protagonist has a legendary bloodline or sword to say "this is a big fucking deal right here" nobody really has any regard for him as a character past vaguely noble King who was important or something.
>>
>>122795141
>Does the comic pay any lip service to the idea that Arthur is distantly Roman?
Part of the premise is that there are multiple versions of myths and the parts that do and don't get brought up are up to people who are re-enacting the myth. iirc King Arthur is a Celtic murder-hobo because the Skinhead's plan was hijacked by the daughter of the Old Lady who basically wants to end the masquerade and bring magic back to England.
>>
>>122794352
The Indian love interest is fucking hot though
>>
why does he have meat

shouldnt he just be bones or dust
>>
>>122794921
Briton
>>
File: RCO029_1468984823.jpg (408 KB, 1000x1516)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
>>
>>122794921
Romano-British.

>Anglo
Angle. The tribe were called the Angles.
>>
>>122795343
So are any of the myths actually history then or just myths?
>>
File: 1601591191401.jpg (103 KB, 913x1024)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>tfw actual Arthurian scholar
>Often get students asking me questions about the various retellings and which are "closest" to the originals (they usually mean the Vulgate Cycle)
>mfw their looks of confusion gradually turn into ones of disgust and revulsion as I explain to them that if we're talking about which adaptation most thoroughly grasps the themes and morals at play, then Fate/Stay Night's interpretation is the most accurate of all.
>>
>>122795785
fake: aurthurian scholar
gay: watches fate/ stay night
>>
>>122795417
It's necromancy, I don't got to explain shit
>>
>>122795410
Post Hot Bahbi.
>>
>>122795785
>implying anyone even knows what the "original" myth is
Arthurian legend was just the ancient equivalent of capeshit
>>
File: oncefuture_001_press_10.jpg (265 KB, 994x1528)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>122795867
>>
>>122794921
Welsh
>>
>>122795824
I'm not a fan of the series really, but I was given the VN around 2009 so that I could critique its take on Arthur, presumably as some sort of elaborate prank to get me to read about a teenage boy fucking King Arthur.

And to be totally frank, it's an interpretation that clearly put a lot of thought into itself about what kind of person someone like King Arthur must be to do the things he does. I can't speak to what's happened ever since that mobile game came out, but to me it seemed like a series that couldn't have made the wild takes it did on the story of Camelot without having a thorough understanding on what they were meant to convey.

>>122795906
That's why I included the parentheses, these are usually college kids asking these questions whose biggest exposure to Arthurian myth is Monty Python, or having seen the Camelot musical in high school.
>>
>>122794496
>Latino weeb powers folded over 10000 times and dipped in the blood of people who don't watch DBZ.
Kek... But ya he can do 2 monthly books
>>
>>122795948
The only part that really gets me is when people think Uther Pendragon actually existed. Obnoxious.
>>
>>122795011
Lmao
>>
>>122795965
My personal favorite is when my colleagues can't figure out that the character of Lancelot was devised as satire.
>>
>>122792701
lmao, based
>>
File: 1610677222836.jpg (452 KB, 1039x1600)
452 KB
452 KB JPG
Can someone send the artist bullets? Just as a reference.
>>
>>122795011
>faggot frenchie poet writes arthurian fanfiction and adds an obvious self insert in the form of Lancelot
>centuries later people just assume that Lancelot was always there
Still makes me laugh
>>
>>122795948
Fate/Stay is an interesting series because it really wasn't meant to be porn- the developer forced it in for otaku bucks. King Arthur was made a chick specifically because the devs wanted a male MC, the author initially wrote a female MC with a male Arthur.
>>
>>122792502
Whatever happened to this comic? I remember someone posting 3 or 4 issues, and nothing.
>>
>>122794569
So the Saxons invaded England sometime after Roman administration had ended.

However the huge Elephant in the room is King Arthur was explicitly Christian from the Romano British 3rd Century, who were driven to Wales because of Saxons invaders, so in Arthurian legend Saxons are these Pagans monsters.
>>
>>122795930
Ah, so it was all allegory. The sword was his dick, and the stone was a sheep. Makes sense.
>>
>>122792701
>Arthur, help us kill all the people who aren't white
>oh no, how did this go so wrong?!

Really, it was a 10/10 moment when they realized the fucked themselves.
>>
File: .jpg (58 KB, 438x853)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>122795924
Okay yeah she's pretty hot.
Lack of hot Indian/Middle Eastern Chicks in comics and cartoons..
Good on the comic.
>>
>>122796023
Okay, why were the penis worms included?
>>
>>122796028
New issues every month
>>
>>122795930
I would say proto-welsh. Unless there's a connection between Romano-British and the Welsh Language that Is more obvious.
>>
>>122796022
The funny thing is Chretien de Troyes fucking HATED Lancelot. He only created the character and wrote about him at the constant insistence of his patron. But if you read his own forewards that begin each of his stories about the character, you'll notice de Troyes thinks excessively little of Lancelot, basically calling him an amoral mentally deficient sack of shit that's only attractive in the eyes of of a thoroughly sinful person.

To put it bluntly he was throwing mad shade on his patrons every time he wrote about the character, and Lancelot's escapades were basically a subtle satire explaining "this is everything a knight SHOULD NOT BE"
>>
>>122796079
otaku love penis worms
>>
>>122796135
It was commissioned fanfiction? Fuck that makes it even funnier
>>
File: Sakura Bait.png (278 KB, 694x761)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>122796152
They really don't.
>>
>>122796177
I HATE IT
>>
>>122792502
Because he’s the quintessential hero?
>>
>>122796022
>>122796135
>>122796174
Robin Hood is much the same. Maid Marion was originally a wood nymph loli whore who rode with Friar Tuck and got fucked in the ass constantly for money.
>>
>>122796174
A LOT of historical literature is commissioned fanfiction. Aeneid comes to mind. And it too was entirely designed to shit on the commissioner.
>>
File: what have you done.png (78 KB, 708x782)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>122796089
Time out, it's STILL going!?

My god, I think it stated back when Doomsday Cock was still going on.
>>
>>122796308
>Maid Marion was originally a wood nymph loli whore who rode with Friar Tuck and got fucked in the ass constantly for money.
Wft kek
>>
>>122796356
Yes new issue was last week or two keeps ago, Indian gf is now getting fully involved with the bullshit and the whole idea was outed to the public while the prime minister was murdered.
>>
>>122795785
>then Fate/Stay Night's interpretation is the most accurate of all.
Nasu used to care and actually knew the shit he was writing about, Proto Arthur was actually just going to be Arthur but they changed it because they knew that a female version would sell more (and they were right).
Nasu just used whatever he liked from the myths and lore to make his version of the heroic spirits
>>
>>122795234
Don't act like it and you won't be called out
>>
>>122795906
>Arthurian legend was just the ancient equivalent of capeshit
>>
>>122795948
>I can't speak to what's happened ever since that mobile game came out, but to me it seemed like a series that couldn't have made the wild takes it did on the story of Camelot without having a thorough understanding on what they were meant to convey.

shit

everything went to shit
>>
>>122792931
whats this from
>>
>>122796308
>Maid Marion was originally a wood nymph loli whore who rode with Friar Tuck and got fucked in the ass constantly for money.
What the fuck, I thought she predated Robin Hood and was like a symbolic representation of all shepherdesses.
>>
>>122796869
Guy Ritchie's King Arthur movie.
>>
>>122795785
>Not the Great Pendragon Campaign
/tg/ here: Fuck you
>>
>>122792502
Because he is a hero? Do you really want more "subversion lol" on this day and age?
>>
>>122796976
Wouldn't Arthur be seen as a villain or at least some fucking asshole down south by anyone from the Ulster Cycle or the Mabinogion?
>>
>>122796666
base and predictable
>>
>>122796976
>Because he is a hero
Nah not really
>>
>>122796927
gratzi
>>
>>122792701
that's more like the plot of the first issue. The book quickly moves on from that. It's mostly about the ginger protagonist fighting against the forces of this reborn myth which is actively in the process of being retold and remade, while dealing with his duplicitous granny. Jeez I hate the granny.
>>
>>122797159
She is a grade A cunt, but the book knows this
>>
Which one would be best, in your opinion?
>Mordred is the son of King Lot and Arthur's half-sister, swears vengeance on Arthur for killing his father, regardless of how justified it was.
>Mordred is the son of Arthur and Arthur's sister, who was unaware of their relation and was still married to King Lot at the time: The revelation drives Mordred insane.
>Mordred is the son of Arthur and Morgan Le Fey, an evil enchantress who wants his dick for whatever reason and primes Mordred to kill his father.
>Morgan Le Fey is Arthur's half-sister and desperately in love with Arthur, but he refuses her so she performs a bed trick to conceive Mordred. Mordred either goes insane as a result or is primed against Arthur by his mother.
>Mordred is Arthur and Guenivere's son and something happens to turn the family against each other.
>Mordred is completely unrelated to Arthur and just happens to be fucking evil.
>>
>>122797223
The book partially plays it off with her being exhausted by a lifetime of fighting myths. There’s no escape and it just gets more insane. Still it’s funny how it’s more about tuplas and fables than any the stories actually being real history
>>
>>122794732
Those invader groups didn't completely displace or replace the tribal bretons. The romano-british mostly kept to themselves but intermarried to a degree. The Anglo Saxons intermarried to a much higher degree.
>>
>>122796014
Pfft. I /was/ gonna read this, but...
>>
>>122796014
>65% more bullet per bullet!
>>
>>122792701
fuck I'm stealing this for Shadowrun
>>
>>122796976
You have never read anything Arthurian. Holy shit. My mans murdered babies and gays. Fucked his own sister. Destroys his kingdom because he's a cuck. In no way shape or form is Arthur the protagonist of anything. Maybe Culwtch and Owen, but that's it. He's always a secondary character, and often a shithead.
>>
>>122797288
4. I like Morgan Le Fey being a combo of Morgause, Morgan Le Fey, and the entombed Merlin for sexual harassment role that is either her or the Lady of the Lake or a rando apprentice gets when it comes up.
>>
>>122797443
That would fit right in Shadowrun, holy shit you're right
>>
>>122797288
Mordred cucks Morgana and becomes Arthur's boyslut wife
>>
>>122792701
>The True King returns Britain to the Welsh
That's so Based I can't even take it
>>
>>122796976
>t. saw the Disney movie once as a kid and nothing else
>>
>>122794569
Wales
>>
>>122796356
>>122796517
actually on pause until august
>>
>>122796070
who is this demon mommy
>>
>>122797484
of all the things you listed as reasons he sucks only the failure to governance is actually cringe and not based
>>
File: Overwatch-.jpg (109 KB, 1680x945)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>122797600
Symmetra from Overwatch.
>>
>>122796356
yeah, most recent issue was #18. I have them all and even a couple variants.
>>
>>122797288
How about
> Mordred is King Lot and Arthur's sister but wants to emulate Arthur so badly and ends up taking over Camelot because he thinks he can do better. This serves as a nice contrast between him and Gawain, his brother and another one of Arthur's nephew, who wants to be great as his uncle.
Essentially both nephews grapple with the legacy of Arthur and approach it in different ways. With Gaiwan ending up dying trying to live up to Arthur's heroic ideals and Mordred being a horrible failure via batman of bethlhelm (aka the future where damian became batman).
>>
>>122797605
I didn't realize being a cuck was based these days. When did that change?
>>
>>122797718
Being a cuck is failure to govern
>>
>>122797743
No that's two different things.
>>
If you were doing a wacky hijinks version of Arthurian lore, how would you do it?

I'd have Morgan Le Fey join Arthur's knight order in magical disguise in order to get close enough to Arthur to convince him to legitimize Mordred, whom she bore with him before either realized their parentage. Also, her disguise is Lancelot, alleged adoptive son of her childhood friend and fellow student of Merlin, the Lady of the Lake. Hijinks ensue when she accidentally seduces Arthur's wife.
>>
>>122792502
>Three Kingdoms were given to me to be mine forever
>England was given to me to be mine forever
>>
>>122797760
>>>/u/
And stay out
>>
>>122797771
>/u/
No, Lancelot has a dick. We're talking full on magical shapeshifting.
>>
>>122797791
Alright, then off to >>>/d/ with your shit genderbending fetishes
>>
>>122797718
>fails to govern : not based
>destroys kingdom because cuck : fails to govern
>destroys kingdom because cuck : not based

it was plainly there. You should feel stupid for needing it spelled out.
>>
>>122797791
Even worse. Why not just make Mordred Lancelot at that point?
>>
>>122797800
But I don't have a genderbender fetish. I have a futa fetish. But that would be endgame, not the bulk of the hijinks.
>>
>>122797810
>Why not just make Mordred Lancelot at that point?
Mordred trying to take things from his father is too on brand. That's not hijinks. That's just an inferiority complex.
>>
>>122797822
So the bulk would be /u/ shit and the end would be /d/ shit, I don't see how I'm in the wrong here
>>
>>122797801
You didn't specify the reason for why he failed, just that failing to govern was cringe.
This implies that you care less about the why and more about the results. Which in turn implies that being a cuck isn't the problem, only failing to govern is.
>>
>>122797855
>So the bulk would be /u/ shit
I fail to see how a biological male fucking a biological female is /u/.

Seems like your yuri goggles are broken.
>>
>>122797881
So it is genderbending bullshit
>>
>>122797896
Yes, I genuinely don't know how many times I have to explain this. Why are you so butthurt? Show me on the doll where Ranma 1/2 touched you.
>>
>>122797760
Well there's already a version where Arthur and Morgan get back together again after Arthur found out about the affair.
>>
>>122792701
Sounds cool
Is it good?
>>
>>122797905
>Why are you so butthurt?
Your fetish is shit and you should feel bad
>>
>>122797936
It's Gillen, it's either going to be good or shit with no in betweens
>>
>>122795128
Racists are idiot morons regardless of time.
>>
>>122797938
It's not my fetish. You're talking in circles and seem to have the reading comprehension of a pigeon.
>>
>>122797987
If the bulk of your shit story is going to center around a genderbent character doing romcom shit, it is your fetish
>>
Anybody else watch this? I remember I absolutely loved it when it came out, I saw it like 3 times in theaters.
>>
>>122798001
>If the bulk of your shit story is going to center around a genderbent character doing romcom shit, it is your fetish
That's not how fetishes work. I just think genderbending works as good hijinks fuel. People can like stories about more shit than just what makes them horny.

Or at least normal people can. I don't know about you. Fuck's sake do you think zombie stories are only done by necrophiliacs?
>>
>>122795522
It's lovely how language changes.
>>
>>122798055
>Fuck's sake do you think zombie stories are only done by necrophiliacs?
When they're about fucking the zombies, yes.
I think you really need to take some time off and have a talk with yourself and accept the fact that your into genderbending
>>
>>122797864
I didn't imply shit because I wasn't the original Anon who said those things, I only pointed out that I understood his meaning and your reading comprehension sucks.

But to your point, cuckery is a personal failing. As the true king of the Britons, Arthur had a higher duty than to himself, therefore failing his people is a greater transgression than failing to police his wife.
>>
>>122797947
I'll read it because I love Dan Mora's art on Power Rangers
>>
>>122798003
Murderers row of great actors. Ioan Gruffudd, Clive Owen, Joel Edgerton, Mads, Hugh Dancy, Stellan Skarsgard. It's goofy historically but I'm not an autist and I appreciate the attempt.
>>
File: RCO026_1603366873.jpg (482 KB, 1041x1600)
482 KB
482 KB JPG
>>122797159
I'm skimming through later issues and King Arthur's still there as the head villain
>>
>>122796135
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Artists have always been forced to write/draw shit they hated for money. That's somewhat comforting.
>>
>>122794410

>germanic rape-spawn

>native
>>
>>122794352
How bad of a self insert is it?
>>
>>122797947
I disagree. Gillen definitely has cucky faggot tendencies, but most of the book has been relevant to the mythic plot instead of some irl applicable moral lesson.
>>
Can someone explain me the "with whom do you stand?" that the Grail does?
>>
>>122798246
You're not exactly disproving anything I said
>>
File: RCO013_w_1576682423.jpg (1.52 MB, 1988x3156)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>122798253
Forgot the picture.
>>
>>122792701
Why the fuck has this never been storytimed?
>>
>>122798273

Might be one of those magical artifacts that asks you for a user upon first booting and only works for that person
>>
>>122798173
Yeah, he's the mythic force of which I spoke and the King of the title. So, definitely a main element of the book, main antagonist (although Beowulf and Grendel also appear, which was pretty neat in terms of competing historical myth). But the English nationalists who first revive him are just pawns and not really a key point later. At least I think, I'm actually like 4 issues behind.
>>
>>122798243
He's a ginger fancy lad, but he has all his hair, is beautiful and strong and brave.
>>
File: 1590573256969.jpg (19 KB, 480x360)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>122792502
Someone should send Gillen a synopsis on the most globally popular version of King Arthur and see if he has a stroke by the time he reads "the wizard Merlin magically gave Arthur a futa penis to consummate a marriage and Morgan used the magic cum to inseminate herself with a retarded clone that dresses like a prostitute".
>>
>>122798173
yeah, the racists are just pawns used to move the pot along, they appear what... twice?
>>
>>122798273
No idea, but thats the Grail Procession where Perceval was supposed to ask about the Grail to heal the Fisher King... so the opposite would be death?
>>
>>122792502
Tales of Arcadia
>>
>>122792701
>Cool premise
>Dan Mora artwork
Cartoon when?
>>
File: Camelot_3000.jpg (98 KB, 800x1237)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>122797508
>i've read some faggot proffesor's faggot fanfic where arthur is evil and lusts after lancelot's lance
What's worse than fags with only one source is revisionist fags with an agenda in search for canonisation and no sources
>>
>>122798951
>revisionist fags
Arthur wasn't a real person, anon. There are many stories written by many people.
>>
>>122795999
Wasn't Lancelot originally spelt at "L'Ancelot"?
>>
>>122798082
>I think you really need to take some time off and have a talk with yourself and accept the fact that your into genderbending
I'm acutely aware of my various fetishes and genderbending isn't one of them. Heck ftm is even a turn off for me. Mtf is just a nonentity.

The fucking was already happening in arthurian lore, dipshit. I just figured combining it with a Shiek style twist would be funny. You're the one that made this shit weird.
>>
File: fuck up.png (29 KB, 237x345)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>122799030
Sheik*
>>
File: 1566191373891.jpg (409 KB, 1978x972)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>122798984
>Arthur wasn't a real person
I guess then neither was Attila the Hun,Alexander The Great,Wild Bill,Jesus,Prophet Muhamad or Hitler for that matter since nobody can actually prove they existed since nobody actually found their physical remains and the only thing we have is stories written by others about them.
>>
>>122798486
Why do you think Gillen wouldn’t be familiar with it already?
>>
>>122799114
>he actually, unironically thinks Arthur was a real person
Holy shit.
Tell me anon, when did he rule? You don't even need to give me an exact year, just name the century.
>>
>>122799114

Holy shit this is some autism
>>
>>122796044
based

Mare Insulam
>>
I did not realize that King Arthur actually makes people seethe.
>>
>>122798173
So is this story technically about a bunch of Tulpas murdering people?
>>
>>122799140
Anywhere between 4th and 6th century would be my guess
>>
>>122794569
>If Anglo-Saxons aren't native who is? Where are these "native" British.
Otherworld. Fuck off faery clay.
>>
>>122798486
Mordred is NOT retarded!
>>
>>122799198
I spent over a year researching Arthurian legends for a creative project that irrevocably failed. I have infinite seethe.
>>
>>122799215
He's not real but 6th century is the general consensus. Battle of Badon is attributed to the year 500 by Gildas.
>>
>>122799131
Because even the autists over in /tmg/ aren't entirely familiar with it enough to not get embarassed by being wrong.
>>
>>122792608
Considering Mordred is a homunculus, I don't even think she was created through sex in Fate
>>
>>122799209
I believe once it becomes capable of murder, it's considered an egregore.
>>
File: 1593331220232.jpg (259 KB, 1280x1280)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>122799228

>>122799289
It is a complicated and slightly silly matter.
>>
>>122799228
Everyone in Fate is retarded. Most of all, Shirou.
>>
File: 1618160655081.jpg (154 KB, 1330x1231)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>122799319
There are certainly stupider. Jeanne d'Arc can't even do math.
>>
Can't wait for two thousand years from now when people will unironically have stupid arguments on the ultranet about Clark Kent and whether or not he was a real person that actually existed
>>
>>122799319
Shirou is in the upper echelon of retarded since he can sometimes very rarely make logical and rational decisions.
>>
>>122799343
But Jeanne is cute and I want her to be my wife.
>>
>>122795410
How to get hot Indian love interest?
>>
File: 1598071833042.jpg (244 KB, 700x1917)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>122799347
Sounds like getting off easy.
>>
>>122796014
Holy shit that's bad
>>
>>122799465
Dude, just imagine how fucking stupid Superman stories will be in two thousand years.
A basic bitch anime genderbend will be nothing
>>
>>122799266
That's what they said initially about the city of Ilium too,you'll come around.
>>
>>122799526
Superman's getting permanently murdered the second he's public domain. We just have to kill Disney to make that happen.
>>
>>122799526
>Basic bitch
You have absolutely no idea how bastardize the story of Nero is in Fate shit is.
>>
>>122796651
Actually it's because Takeuchi wanted to draw a girl in armor
>>
File: i am a genius.png (734 KB, 640x720)
734 KB
734 KB PNG
>>122792701
>>
>>122799563
You're right, I don't. And I don't care either.
>>
File: 1602651041718.jpg (17 KB, 495x320)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>122799573
Actually it's because Takeuchi was thirsting after a French model so hard that he based the main characters in their next two works off her.
I wonder if she knows.
>>
>>122799347
So what kind of apocalypse do we end up having that humanity becomes so historically disconnected we can't tell reality from fiction despite having open communication and archiving all this information definitively stating what's historical and what's a total fabrication?
>>
>>122799563
Nero is just meant to be female Gilgamesh, that's how she was written in Extra and the whole point was supposed to be "hold on she looks like Seiba but she doesn't act like Seiba"
>>
>>122799609
>becomes so historically disconnected we can't tell reality from fiction
Honestly I don't even think it would take an apocalypse. It'd just take a cult of personality. People have repeatedly proven themselves that stupid.
>>
>>122792701
>muh purity spiral
beyond embarrassing, 0/10
>>
>>122799609
>So what kind of apocalypse do we end up having
I don't really want to get into it in this particular thread, but probably the collapse of human society due to climate change
>>
>>122799609
Bitch, we have people in the world right now that, despite satellite images being freely available to anyone who wants to see them, believe the earth is flat and that space isn't even real.
Do you think that kind of retardation is going to go away?
>>
>>122799540
I think there is real basis in him. Look up The Dream of Macsen Wledig. It's a fictional Welsh story based upon the historically real Magnus Maximus. I think Arthur is a similar thing.
>>
>>122792931
So your consumption of anime is what prevented this from trending. I was wondering why it didn't get more play around here.
>>
>>122799672
Because photoshop and special effects don't exist. There will always be a group of atheists who won't believe unless they see it themselves.
>>
>>122795011
Lancelot is a crappy OC.

Kill more Saxons Arthur!
>>
>>122799672
Fair enough.
>>
>>122793590
Captain Britian and Excalibur prequel.
>>
>>122797760
honestly I'd do a fairly straight adaptation of Roger Lancelyn Green's King Arthur And His Knights of The Round Table as there's been a lack of adaptations of the King Arthur concept in the last couple decades that don't end up being one or more of the following; 1) something silly/comedic in nature, 2) a gritty adaptation that often tries to make things more historical in nature(and often failing miserably in the process), 3) just goes absolutely bonkers with things

so playing things straight would actually be rather refreshing
>>
>>122799771
The problem with playing things straight is everyone becomes unlikeable douchebags and you have nobody to root for.
>>
>>122795785
Bullshit

Does FateslashNight have Kay slaughtering hundreds of Saxons and Romans as giant while Lancelot doesn't exist?

No?

Then it's not authentic.
>>
File: 1616394674076.png (369 KB, 500x544)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
>>122799816
He's not in the game yet but the answer is "probably".
>>
>>122797484
All added later by French people.

Literally fanfiction.
>>
Kinv Arthur is probably based on a mix of pure fantasy and multiple real individuals who later got bundled together in stories.

That tends to be how folkloric figures are formed.
>>
>>122793359
Scots are contrarian fags who just want to give the finger to the Eternal Anglo
>>
>>122799932
Or maybe Samuel/David relationships happen again and again in history.
>>
>>122792502
Because even in the most unflattering depictions he's at worst, a self destructive buffoon.
>>
>>122799845
Almost everything anyone knows about Arthurian legend was shit added by fanfic writing frenchies
>>
>>122799810
>The problem with playing things straight is everyone becomes unlikeable douchebags and you have nobody to root for.
admittedly it's been a few years since I last read it all the way through but that's part of why I chose the specific version I did, as it was written for a younger audience so it dials back some of the worst bits of it so it comes off more as the tragic downfalls of good and righteous men rather than douchebags getting hit with the karma they so rightly deserved
>>
>>122793590
It's like whoever directed this thought that Fate/stay night is a legit depiction of King Arthur and just assumed that wind manipulation is one of King Arthur's superpowers.
>>
>>122800067
Well mainly because the morte incorporated everything it could and became super popular.
>>
>>122800112
Wasn't wind manipulation a Susanoo superpower? Does Japan think that's just how all magic swords work?
>>
>>122800171
Susanoo is literally the god of storms, so of course he can manipulate the wind.
Saber was only given wind manipulation so that the author can make her sword invisible via some sort of bullshit logic because according to this insanity, wind can bend light and make shit invisible. But whatever the case is, it was apparently necessary to make Excalibur invisible, even though there's no reason anyone should be able to know that her sword is Excalibur at mere first glance.
>>
>>122799816
He's clearly talking about "true to the spirit", anon.
>>
>>122800202
>Susanoo is literally the god of storms, so of course he can manipulate the wind.
But he got the power from a sword...That's what grasscutter does.
>via some sort of bullshit logic
It's literally just a mirage held together with magic.
>>
>>122800202
>bullshit logic
>Wind can bend light and make shit invisible
It is, in fact, a complex multi-layered mirage created by magic. This is the closest thing that magic can do to "turning something invisible" in the modern era because in the Fate universe, magic and physics are locked in a zero-sum relationship. The more people construct a rational system of rules to describe the universe, the more magic has to conform to it.
>>
>>122796135
Almost perfectly describes Fate Lancelot, down to everyone shitting on him on a regular basis.
>>
>>122800309
>modern era
Invisible Air was created by Merlin.
>>
File: 1596527852346.jpg (58 KB, 1024x678)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>122800321
Lancelot only becomes cool when he goes crazy.
>>
A lot of the later additions made to the tale of King Arthur paints the picture that a lot of rich people really did not like the character of King Arthur at all and just wanted to take turns ruining him.
>>
>>122800375
Merlin's version of the spell didn't work by creating a multi-layered mirage. It worked by simply taking air's ability to be transparent to light and applying it to other things. Once the science of optics was invented and people decided that nothing could have substance and be completely transparent to light, the spell's nature had to change.
>>
>>122800390
Medieval patreon was just as cancerous as the modern version.
>>
>>122800412
>nothing could have substance and be completely transparent to light
Most things with substance are completely transparent to light.
>>
>>122800390
Originally, King Arthur was just a cool king who went around slaying monsters and shit. He had a magic shield.
And then Galahad happened, who was blessed by a saint and totally invincible and everyone loved him and he was better than everyone forever.
And then Lancelot happened, and he was the best knight ever and cucked King Arthur was better than everyone, fuck you. Granted he was satire but the damage was done.
And then Galahad happened and he was Lancelot's son and HE was the best knight ever AND he found the holy grail.
Also King Arthur raped his sister and killed babies.

Like I don't understand why so many people apparently just had this massive hateboner for King Arthur.
>>
>>122800451
>Like I don't understand why so many people apparently just had this massive hateboner for King Arthur.
I suspect it may have had something to do with the fact that those people were french
>>
>>122800425
I see we are a pedant and want to count air molecules as "most things with substance". Fine: by optics and physics, solids cannot be completely transparent to light. Therefore, magic suddenly couldn't just make the sword be completely transparent to light without making it gaseous and thus destroying it. Either that, or you legitimately mixed up transparent and opaque.
The point is that magic in Fate can never actually VIOLATE the laws of physics wholesale- it can "cheat" by moving energy around and triggering chemical reactions, but that's just because our current physics framework allows for unexplained phenomena and dark matter/energy. Whatever "impossible" thing the spell does has to operate within the laws of physics. I think there are a few exceptions to this, but they are very rare things that harness the power of the few Great Mysteries that are left in the modern world.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.52 MB, 1988x3056)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>122800451
It’s funny how comic Galahad becomes a mind broken monstrosity who was just some crazy bastard that had been raised by his insane mom into thinking he’s meant to be a grandiose Arthurian hero. Basically he’s a crazy larper whose mom convinced him was meant to be the real deal. Who then becomes the real deal only to get utterly fucked in the process
>>
>>122800488
Why have the French always been so shit?
>>
File: Ex7cQmzWgAku5Py.jpg (78 KB, 750x745)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>122794569
learn the difference
>>
>>122800550
Proximity to england, it rubbed off
>>
>>122800501
>I see we are a pedant and want to count air molecules as "most things with substance".
It was actually a reference to dark matter. I'm not being a pedant. Most shit in the universe genuinely doesn't interact with light.
>>
>>122792701
Anglo-Saxons are natives tho
>>
>>122800587
Where do you think Saxony is
>>
>>122800562
So we think. Dark matter isn't something that EXISTS, it's a placeholder concept until physicists figure out why gravity's weird (the current guess is "that matter's in a parallel universe crushed up so small we can't see it"), but that placeholder allows Fate's magic to create physical objects without "violating" physics. TECHNICALLY speaking, it's just pulling dark matter forward in reality and then deciding its shape using the mage's perception. This is still difficult magic, from my recall, because it's "pretty close to" breaking the laws of physics and wouldn't work at all if the idea of dark matter wasn't so widespread.
>>
File: 1424091310966.jpg (20 KB, 400x270)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>122800609
I don't know. Probably somewhere in Britain like Ireland or something.
>>
>>122800631
Germany
>>
>>122800613
It certainly helps that most mages are so up their own ass that they don't know what a cell phone is, let alone other scientific things.
>>
>>122800656
So Britain adjacent.
>>
>>122800613
>Dark matter isn't something that EXISTS, it's a placeholder concept until physicists figure out why gravity's weird
No. It's literally a thing that exists. If it doesn't, our models are all completely fucking wrong.
>>
>>122794473

I appreciate I'm way fucking late on this but

>Celts hanging around
>Oh no, Romans
>Oh no, Anglos
>Oh no, the Danish
>Oh no, the Vikings
>Oh no, the Normans
>Oh no, the French
>Oh no, fucking our way around the empire like it's Star Trek.

You're a fucking idiot if you believe the British to be anything more than an overall mongrel in terms of genetic integrity.
>>
>>122797600
Funny you should say that, Symmetra has a demon skin
>>
>>122800664
That doesn't mean anything
>>
>>122800613
Now explain the Moon Cell in the least retarded way possible.
>>
>>122800613
>the current guess is "that matter's in a parallel universe crushed up so small we can't see it"
The current best guess its it's non-baryonic matter made up of undiscovered particles that can interact with other particles via gravity but not via electromagnetism.
>>
>>122800668
"SOMETHING causes these gravity distortions, but it can't be observed at all and doesn't interact with the observable world in any way beyond making distortions in gravity" isn't exactly the recipe for a sewn-up solved explanation, and is why there's theories about parallel universes rubbing up against ours, some subatomic particle that makes gravity happen, and the like.
I also wouldn't count out all our models BEING completely fucking wrong. The Luminiferous Aether and phlogiston were both seen as "things which really exist" too, once upon a time.
>>
>>122796107
He's not romano-british. That's added later. King Arthur first appears in the welsh ballads and the Mabinogion.
>>
>>122800554
I wonder how far the comic will go with Arthur actually ethnically purging the fuck out of Britain. Like are there actually any native Briton’s even left? I can’t imagine he’ll be chill with it all being a melting pot at this point
>>
>>122800692
Godlike space aliens made a crystal computer that's also a god unto itself because it has enough processing power to distort reality. Also it doesn't exist in the "canonical" Fate timeline.
>>
>>122800753
depends on how well they take modern weaponry well. Grendel got killed by a Chainsaw and Beowulf by a landmine. Theyd prolly clear London at least before proper resistance is set up and Queen Liz takes to the battlefield
>>
Funny how evil King ARthur is rarer than Evil Superman these days.
>>
>>122800681
>Funny you should say that, Symmetra has a demon skin
technically that's a dragon themed skin not a demon one
>>
>>122792502
>Why is King Arthur so rarely portrayed as evil in media?
same reason why Superman But Evil is a shitty trope
>>
>>122795785
I hope you die slow. Once and Future King is the correct answer. You got your degree out of a Cracker Jack box. Fuck you.
>>
>>122800849
It's because stories about Arthur getting Excalibur as a boy and becoming King is more interesting than him being already King and asshole. And then the few stories where he's already King revolve entirely around trying to find the Grail.
>>
>>122792502
I mean, the whole reason for Camelot's downfall is because he tried to be just. If he'd just gone "Fuck you all, I don't give a shit, I'm the King" he could have smoothed over all the problems. It's because he strove so hard to be a good man that all hell broke loose.
A not-so-good man would have just murdered Mordred.

>>122792701
Kieron Gillen is kind of a hack.
>>
>>122792701
This is only the first issue. The ACTUAL story is about a really annoying grandmother and her meek beta of a grandson, who are trying to exploit mythic and legendary tropes. It's way less interesting than it sounds, believe me.

I mean, you'd think this premise would be fascinating, but it isn't. It's ponderous the same way The Wicked & The Divine was shit.
>>
>>122792701
Such is the fate of britmutts
>>
>>122801027

Well that's because we don't go to Camelot. It's a silly place.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDa3jtqBKDY
>>
>>122794921
Sarmatian
>>
>>122801027
I mean, they were looking for the Grail because stuff was going so well the knights were all getting bored.
>>
>>122792701
Interestingly, the comic never shows evil King Arthur killing non-whites. Whenever the mythical stuff turns up (Like the Green Knight) it only shows up to conveniently kill bad people. You don't see Galahad walking into a mosque and killing everyone, for example.
>>
>>122800501
>The point is that magic in Fate can never actually VIOLATE the laws of physics wholesale-
Well, it can, but you need to have one of the five True Magics
>>
File: DTKNQK0WAAAIGRd.jpg (80 KB, 659x649)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>122792701
Pretty realistic premise. Brits are massive mutts, they subconsciously know it and it causes them to cope like no other. Looking at them you can understand a lot of American issues.
>>
>>122792502
The British wouldn't allow it
>>
File: ayDbxAV_700b.jpg (48 KB, 700x394)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>122801526
also related
>>
>>122792701
Oh, so this is what Gillen made after his HOWEVER Nazi fan fiction died off?
>>
>>122801195
Yeah it’s actually getting kinda dumb that they’re not actually taking the genocidal Arthur thing it it’s extreme. Though I suspect pretty soon he’ll be wiping the slate after the last issues.
>>
File: 1506140739108.gif (473 KB, 297x212)
473 KB
473 KB GIF
>>122798173
>next page is boris johnson
I keked hard at the reveal
>>
>>122801539
The brits don't get a fucking say
>>
what's the definitive retelling of arthurian legend? no lancelot ofc
>>
>>122801775
Fate/Stay Night
>>
>>122801804
Not a faggot, so any other recs?
>>
>>122801810
You are definitely a faggot. Soak it up
>>
>>122801818
No thanks.
>>
>>122801607
>Oh, so this is what Gillen made after his HOWEVER Nazi fan fiction died off?
honestly it's a shame Uber just up and died like that, it's one of the only comics I've ever read where going hardcore edgy actually worked
>>
Not /co/, but apparently Arthur is the baddie in the seven deadly sins sequel.
>>
>>122801905
That's good. He read like a dropped plot-point in the main story.
>>
>>122801905
>>122801942
piss off faggots
>>
>>122792502
Lancer Artoria was a lot worse than a shit parent, she wanted to cull the last remaining humans in her timeline except for the best ones and then put the best ones in a bottle.

Although it was ultimately played as more of a well-intentioned extremist thing and then everyone forgave her for giving the good guys a hint at the end, I remember them being astonished at how insane she was in the fight that preceded this.
>>
>>122792502
because hero king aurthur has been done to death, as he was a hero and a good king in his origonal story which has been told for hundreds of years, and he's a mythical figure so doing your own take on him is more acceptable.


but i predict retareds in this thread will whine about "the downfall of western culture' or some shit


oh shit, you said rarely. DESU I've almost always seen him portrayed as a villain besides his own origional stories, like almmost any time he's brought up.
>>
>>122801993
Examples of him being a villain?
>>
>>122792701
Holy shit, based. Anglocide when?
>>
File: 1619185017604.jpg (48 KB, 602x674)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>122802023
>Pure blood Celt
>Married a Polak girl in the 1930s
I WAS SO CLOSE
>>
>tfw the guy from jurrasic park was your first introduction to arthurian mythos as a kid
>>
>>122801450
True Magic is specifically not Magecraft. Its something on its own that throws the entirety o the system on its head and not even gods can make sense on what it even is exactly.
>>
>>122801942
He was supposed to be a loose plot, because Nakaba was crystal clear about a sequel to sds.
>>
>>122796308
I require significantly more information
>>
File: file.png (2.26 MB, 1039x1600)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB PNG
>Finally, a good fucking comic book
>It's on hiatus because Mora wants some Batman money
God dammit
>>
>>122792701
I think the concept is cool as fuck, it depends on how wierd the author is going to be about it. For example, the statement that London is no longer a british city by John Cleese had people in convulsions. One of the biggest issue is people just being cowardly with their definitions. From my point of view, it is a very british city but english seems to be more about ehnicity.
>>
>>122802172
London is an english city. The british specifically can get fucked
>>
>>122802203
By this I mean I support Cleeses claim. It is geographically in England but how many people there are actually English in an ethnic sense? It happens with most big cities, the amount of people that live there from out of state/region/country is pretty big. I just found some of the reactions a bit over the top. It is just a statement of fact and doesn't imply anything beyond that.
In germany people in Berlin are mad as hell at swabians "invading" their city.
>>
>>122802261
What I said didn't make much sense in retrospect.
What I was trying to say is that I also completely agree with the sentiment. England is so much more now than the fucking House of Lords and the royals and all that other anglo bullshit. It's time the country really acknowledged that
>>
>>122802302
Unsure about this, especially the "anglo bullshit". Why soften up the definition? It is ok that modern geographical england is a lot different but why try to change what the definition of the term is?
>>
>>122802343
>>122802302
PS: It just seems to me to be a will full attempt at "deconstructing" yet another element for no real reason except do doing "something fresh and new" and generally being against traditional things.
>>
>>122802343
What exactly do you mean? What definition am I trying to change here?
>>
>>122802430
That "anglo saxon bullshit" is the core of what is english, I thought.Might not that people do not identify a lot with that but that is another issue. Just definition wise.
>>
>>122802476
No mate, it's the core of what is british. As I said, there's more to England than that now. Which means that there is more to being english than just that.
>>
>>122802511
But british is the thing shared by everyone regardless of where they are from. Maybe my view of british history is a bit skewed, but as I understand it the english kings managed to convince/trick or subjugate the other kingdoms on the isle to join under the british umbrella and then export that system.
Just because people of different culturs and ethnicities are born there and shape it more and more doesnt change history. It is a touchy subject, but arguably a family that lived for generations in an area has deeper roots there than others. To illustrate how fun this whole issue is: Is Elon Musk more african thatn african americans because he was actually born and lived in Africa?
>>
>>122802617
PS: Another ""fun" question would be: Are the descendants of the plantations in northern ireland as irish as people whose families lived there and speak gaelic?
>>
>>122802415
Oikophobia really is a bitch
>>
>>122802662
Didn't know this term, the more you know. Thank you, learned something today.
>>
>>122802617
>but arguably a family that lived for generations in an area has deeper roots there than others
Ah fuck it, I got no time for this white nationalist bullshit. Enjoy the company you keep
>>
>>122802684
I thought british was allways used as an umbrella term for all kinds of peoples in the isles. Now that they live there it seems fitting. After all everyone else is still english etc.
>>
>>122802690
Ok, had hoped you could explain it well to me. i am not british so this doesnt affect me. It is a big debate here as well, so i had hoped for some viewpoints from abroad. If you are born in england you are obviously english by dint of that alone but the whole thing has multiple layers. If I was born in india, wwould I be indian? Thats tough stuff. I mean, broadening the term is ok but being agressively against "anglo saxon bullshit" seems to to be a dick move. I think you should only add to the term and not remove the people from it that built the term for good or ill for centuries.
>>
>>122795039
Fuck white people
>>
>>122798951
>camelot 3000
Nice. A solid comic, wasn't amazing but had a good art and an enjoyable campy feel.
>>
>>122802128
Yeah, but you said magic, not magecraft and I wanted to be pedantic
>>
>>122800550
Because they are subhuman scum, mad at the rest of the world for being better than them.
>>
>>122802690
It's certainly better company than yours.
>>
>>122802758
Anglo-saxons are white, so of course they must die.
>>122802815
Fuck you, nigger. Go beg for air.
>>
>>122803161
>Go beg for air.
>>
>>122797028
the only asshole here is Anglo
>>
>>122800451
>And then Galahad happened, who was blessed by a saint and totally invincible and everyone loved him and he was better than everyone forever.

>And then Galahad happened and he was Lancelot's son and HE was the best knight ever AND he found the holy grail.
Also King Arthur raped his sister and killed babies.

The fuck?
>>
>>122799771
whats your definition of bonkers? Because them playing it straight and adapting shit like the antichrist merlin, rapist giants, fighting the entirety of roman empire, a dozen or so other witches and supernatural beings is my definition of bonkers.

Like playing it straight is the bonkers version
>>
>>122793359
Isn't the whole point of new writers picking up old legends is that they play around with the concept, and sometimes subvert it to see what happens?
>>
>>122798278
/co/ only cares about capeshit, and bad capeshit at that. Like once in a blue moon do we get storytimes where people get along and there's no faggot falseflagging for (You)s
>>
>>122792502
Because he is obvioiusly a good guy.
>>122792701
That is him being a good guy tho. T. Anticolonialist
>>
>>122798278
It did back when there were 4 issues, buuuut it came out monthly and it was more or less forgotten with all the delays.
>>
File: mg22530134.300-2_800.jpg (59 KB, 600x800)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>122802511
>>122802476
>>122802302

Most of England was genetically just Anglo Saxon for centuries, with some exceptions, but England is more or less just Anglo Saxon land. You really can't separate England from the Anglo Saxons at this point, given their dominance and the continuity of their genetic legacy within England they are as much a native tribe of the isles as the celts.
>>
>>122799319
Shirou is not retarded ! It's just that his origin is sword
>>
File: Arthur_deforms_reality.png (2.75 MB, 2121x1593)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB PNG
>>122792502
>Worst you get is hubris and ego or being a shit mother(father) in Japan.
Or him inevitably getting corrupted by his chaotic power source that fluctuates from one extreme to the other.
>>
The Great Pendragon Campaign does an excellent job of condensing most of the most famous King Arthur retellings into a coherent narrative
>>
Why would he be a villain?
In the classical sense most negative views on him stems from the fact that he is a cuck, but even then that's no reason to be a bad guy, just naive & misguided at worse.
>>
>>122795141
>Basically the Classic "Illegal Immigrants Out" Native American saying "Cool When Are you Leaving" meme.
Well it's not wrong
>>
>>122793590
What happened to Guy Ritchie? He made two really good movies early in his career then he just started sucking after that.
>>
>>122804401
Shirou is dumb, but at least he's smart enough to realize that a magical cup made by malfunctioning german robots won't give you world peace
>>
File: 1615796082508.png (74 KB, 403x311)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>122795785
>then Fate/Stay Night's interpretation is the most accurate of all.
Why would you lie like this?
>>
>>122799289
Fate homunculi require genetic material as basis and cum is one of the most popular sources among mages.
>>
>>122804378
Except even the "English", are like at least 70% genetically the same as everyone else on these Isles, ignoring immigration in recent history. There has never been a unified term for such people, which is probably why these retarded divisions persist in the minds of the tribal cretins of these lands.
>>
>All this Germanic mutt cope
Yikes!
>>
Mordred:
>Meilyr Brydydd, writing at the same time as Geoffrey of Monmouth, mentions Mordred in his lament for the death of Gruffudd ap Cynan (d. 1137).
>He describes Gruffudd as having eissor Medrawd ("the nature of Medrawd") as to have valour in battle. Similarly, Gwalchmai ap Meilyr praised Madog ap Maredudd, king of Powys (d. 1160) as having Arthur gerdernyd, menwyd Medrawd ("Arthur's strength, the good nature of Medrawd").[8] This would support the idea that early perceptions of Mordred were largely positive.
>In the Vulgate Mort Artu, Mordred achieves his coup with the help of a forged letter supposedly sent by Arthur. The text adds that "there was much good in Mordred, and as soon as he made himself elevated go the throne, he made himself well beloved by all," and so they were "ready to die to defend [his] honor" once Arthur returned with his army.
>In the French-influenced English poem Stanzaic Morte Arthur, a council of Britain's knights first elects Mordred for the position of regent in Arthur's absence as the most worthy candidate.
>>
>>122792502
does it count?
>>
File: big penis.jpg (65 KB, 750x737)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>122806207
It makes my dingdong count
>>
>>122801450
You'll notice I mention the five True Magics at the end of my little spiel as an exception. Also, like >>122802128 points out, putting True Magics on the level of anything else when they're mysteries that will probably never be solved because they transcend gods, spirits, and The ancient aliens that made the Olympians and thus the closest thing to pure, raw magic anywhere is idiotic.

>>122801195
That's because an important theme in the comic is "The UK as of today is the bastard son of many fathers, and the twits who march around wanting to make Britain 'for the British' probably have more Frankish blood than any Celtic lineage- and ironically probably take pride in it." It's already blatantly obvious that if Zombie Bastard King Arthur is going to kill the average Englishman for having the blood of a Saxon man in him, he's going to behead the Muslims, too. There's no thematic need for a montage of him killing Africans, Indians, or Middle Easterners- the only reasons I can think of to put those in is to make King Arthur look like an evil supremacist bastard (redundant), provoke shock and controversy to attempt to drive sales (a double-edged sword at best), or because you have a great deal of racial enmity towards the ethnic minorities living in Britain (unlikely given the chosen theme).
>>
File: 166321.jpg (149 KB, 960x1440)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
What do you think of "The Mists of Avalon"?
>>
>>122801195
>>122806473
>why is Arthur focusing on the people he has a grudge against instead of starting a new war on people he's never dealt with
hmn
>>
>>122792701
> gillen

i expect for it to become pozzed by the 10th issue
>>
>>122806473
>True Magics on the level of anything else when they're mysteries that will probably never be solved
Isn't the Third close to becoming Magecraft in the Extraverse thanks to the MoonCell?
>>
>>122792502
Some early welsh tales are pretty disparaging of him, which some people take as parody of the popular stories of the time.
>>
>>122806473
Does the comic actually handle or deal with the welsh or cornish in any way?
>>
What European Empire did they mean when they said Arthur beat one?
>>
>>122806677
It's a knockoff version that has none of the actual advantages of the real thing, like existence without a body outside digital space, immortality without soul rout or turning you soul into a perpetual motion engine. It is however a step closer to it and will eventually become as good as the real thing as mankind was prophesized to solve all five true magics at the end of time.
>>
>>122796014
fucking Europeans man.
>>
>>122806837
Either the HRE or Carolingian Empire
>>
>>122806677
1. Extraverse bends a lot of the rules of the mainline Nasuverse.
2. Moon Cell's "data-based soul"/matrix upload shit is a knock-off of a knock-off- the Grail's ability to manifest Servants is already an incomplete, rubbish version of Heaven's Feel, but at least it can make a soul exist without a body in the real world temporarily. Moon Cell can't even do that.
>>
Best adaptation is french, is named Kaamelott and all of you faggots can suck my dick.
>>
File: askeladdcover.png (192 KB, 1000x562)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>remove Anglo - the comic
Now that's my kinda funny book.
>>
File: 1607057059926.jpg (116 KB, 1125x1157)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>122795011
>>
>>122807641
Germans die too.
>>
>>122807742
Anglos are Germans
>>
*ahem*
FUCK ANGLES
FUCK SAXONS
FUCK DANES
FUCK GEATS
FUCK JUTES
AND FUCK FRANKS
>>
>>122807742
>>122807797
Askeladd was Welsh-Scandinavian.
Maybe he'd get a pass for being Art's ancestor.
>>
File: genetics england.png (109 KB, 602x944)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>122801526
Brits aren't mutts (or they weren't until non-whites). See pic related.
>>
>>122806652
It took a few issues and they kinda dropped that plot and it became more about granny and Gillen's self-insert fighting myths.
>>
>>122806542
It was fine.
First bit of Arthurian fiction I can remember where Arthur fucked his sister and causing Mordred to happen.
In older works it's his aunt.
>>
>>122795011
Didn't Arthur fuck his own sister or something? Historically speaking.
>>
>>122797646
>Overwatch.

It's common for porn to have games.
>>
>>122797159
which arthurian myth? the french or the brit one?
>>
>people keep saying Arthur is Welsh
What? Since when does pre Anglo-saxon invasion suddenly remove the geographical location of what is now known as England as the potential basis of Arthur? There is no fucking mention of Artorius Rex ANY FUCKING WHERE in De Excidio et Conquestu Britanniae, Anglo-Saxon Chronicle or Historia ecclesiastica gentis Anglorum. Who would have mentioned fighting a Artiorius Rex at some point. Historia Brittonum is of dubious historical record and that leaves only Annales Cambriae as being a genuine historical record of proof of Artiorius Rex. This leaves the more LIKELY situation that King Arthur was a fictional creation to inspire the Britons who were fighting the Anglo-Saxons, who, guess what, invaded EAST ENGLAND not WEST ENGLAND. Meaning the Welsh weren't fucking involved. Most likely is that King Arthur (who is never mentioned being a King or 'Rex' anywhere) is a fictional depiction of Lucius Artorius Castus, an Etruscan genetic Roman-Briton who was a general, not a fucking King. The rest are Welsh Kings that make no sense based on the geography of the time.

In short, King Arthur is a fictional creation who, at best, was a Roman general. The Angles, Saxons, Frisians etc loved writing about how they curbstomped kings. They never mentioned Arthur. Him being Welsh makes no sense either because the Welsh had no interest in travelling to the other side of the country to fight a foe that wasn't threatening to spread over to Gwynedd or whatever.
>>
>>122808107
>was a Roman general

Probably from Hispania or Rome itself.
>>
>>122807985
Yes and produced his son Mordred.
Said sister was also mother to four of his other knights, Arthur loved nepotism making his nephews knights of the round table.
>>
>>122807985
Half-sister
>>
>>122808134
As I said, his ancestors were Etruscan.
>>
>>122808162
Half-Sister is still a sister.
>>
>>122792502
Thread theme?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0S60Gp5rM
>>
File: Camelot.jpg (3.28 MB, 1188x1800)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB JPG
>>122802037
For me it was this bit of kino, where Merlin's still an asshole.
>>
Okay, so why is Arthur the bad guy here?
>>
>>122807985
You wouldn't?
>>122798951
>>
>>122808474
It's a monkey's paw situation
>>
>>122808474
Really, the bad guys are Merlin, the protag's mom, the protag's gran, and Boris Johnson
>>
>>122807985
Pure fiction. Not folklore.

Mordred wasn't related to Arthur originally.
>>
>>122795141
>There's no true British.
Wrong, the British (and Irish) peoples are descended from the Bell Beaker folk who migrated to the isles and replaced the megalithic builders almost entirely.

If the writers of this comic did any research, they'd realize that there is in fact a indigenous British people and Arthur would only kill like 10-20% of the population.
>>
>>122794921
He was of the British race.

There's only a max of 40% of Germanic DNA amongst some communities and lineages of England, and the general rule of thumb is that this decreases the further west you go.
>>
>>122795141
>Basically the Classic "Illegal Immigrants Out" Native American saying "Cool When Are you Leaving" meme.
Problem with this meme is that they never owned the land.
>>
>>122808474
Because the author is some faggot who hates Britain, its people, its history, its myths and thinks there's no native population because of the multiculti propaganda of the past few decades.
>>
>>122808509
Not with all those roid zits on her back.

>>122802826
The way Arthur used the knowledge he'd learnt in the future to wield Excalibur more effectively in the end is still my favourite King Arthur moment in any media.
>>
>>122808818
What you mean by that
>>
>>122808058
well, Galahad's a character, so both. The book is about story itself. The plot action is about how stories can infect the real world but also how they can be shaped and overwritten.
>>
>>122808820
Right so the Anglos and Saxons who invaded the British isle are natives?

oh and of course the Danes are also natives as we all know
>>
>>122808820
Gillen is brittish
>>
>>122806473
>There's no thematic need for a montage of him killing Africans, Indians, or Middle Easterners- the only reasons I can think of to put those in is to make King Arthur look like an evil supremacist bastard (redundant), provoke shock and controversy to attempt to drive sales (a double-edged sword at best), or because you have a great deal of racial enmity towards the ethnic minorities living in Britain (unlikely given the chosen theme).

there's just something so two-faced and hypocritical about this
>>
>>122808818
Indians never owning land is a Noble Savage cliche. The real issue is it's a simplistic breakdown of centuries if not millennia of history, war, and politics which is par the course for shitty facebook memes and just American Politics really
>>
>>122808999
That doesn't actually dispute what he said.
>>
>>122809116
But there is some truth to it, natives (at least east coast) didn't believe you could own land

But I don't know just how far and to what extend that belief went
>>
>>122809137
Last time I checked Gillen didn't hate Brittan or Arthurian myths.
The moron that wrote that post is more than likely some dumbass that wanted to fake outrage and hasn't even read the comic
>>
>>122807742
>Germans the too.
>>
>>122809234
>Last time I checked Gillen didn't hate Brittan
Some people in Uber threads will tell you otherwise
>>
>>122809234
Self hating whites need to go
>>
>>122808609
Why do so many adaptations make Merlin evil? Are people just not able to grasp a character with slight moral complexity?
>>
>>122796014
I bet the artist is a democrat
>>
>>122809601
He's half-Satan
>>
>>122808107
I think most people are using it as shorthand for the brittonic, proto-welsh speaking tribal bretons. British Latin was mostly the parlance of urban trade and bureaucracy, instead of the peasant farmer.

Also Arthur was referenced in Y Gododdin. Might be a later addition, but it might not. But that was a battle in Yorkshire. They went all over the island back then. When the Romans first invaded, Caratacus fled in defeat from Verulamium in the east to fight along with the Silures and Ordovices in Wales. Then he ran up to the Brigantes, again in Yorkshire, before that bitch Cartamandua turned him in. And during the Anglo Saxon period, Edwin of Deira escaped to Wales before returning to consolidate Northumbria. Penda of Mercia clashed with the Idlings of Northumbria and died at Hatfield Chase, far from home.
>>
>>122809601
>>
>>122808965
If your ancestors have lived in a place for 1600 years I say they have more claim to that place than people from another continent moving in a couple decades ago.
>>
>>122809747
So he's not Satan
>>
>>122808163
When we getting a story about Etruscan myths?
>>
>>122809933
Right but the comics bad guy is saying neither has any place on the British isle

Also did you just admit that all of the Americans belong to the native population of the American continents?
>>
>>122810005
It does belong to the native population, but they failed to protect their land. They're a living tale about the dangers of preventing the foreigners from coming in.
>>
>>122802758
Every word you say is a fucking tactic white nationalists fucking use. Fuck you for pretending to be a reasonable concern troll when your heart is made of shit.
> i am not british so this doesnt affect me.
also kindly shut the fuck up. Let the brits decide then you fuckwit.
>>
>>122810064
>Thats great so when are you moving out
>>
>>122809112
> comic shows arthur kill nazis
> racists whine why he isn't killing minorities
> dumbass thinks this is the same thing for some reason
I mean literally a minute of using your brain will prove you are just being a butthurt fuckwit. Why does it bother you that nazis are the only one dying in this comic. It doesn't affect you if you arent a nazi.
>>
>>122806837
>>122807324
>Either the HRE or Carolingian Empire
are you retarded?

It's the Roman empire. Like the proper legendary roman empire everyone in Europe wanted emulate. King Arthur is fucking fanfic, so he conquered Britain and then marched on Rome, briefly becoming emperor before getting bored.
>>
>>122810268
>and then marched on Rome, briefly becoming emperor before getting bored
I admit I did not know about that part of the legends
>>
>>122795924
>>122792502
>>122795011
The art looks limilar to that Sigurd comic from like a decade ago
Sad about the bullets and excalibur looks like shit
>>
>>122810005
>there's no difference between a millennium and a couple centuries.
Nevermind the fact that European nations were much more the product of localized ethno-cultural genesis than the US. But yeah, if your people were here before the 20th century, that's sufficiently native for me. Although my ancestors were part of the European diaspora, I am not European.
>>
>>122809202
he literally said it was a racist cliche you dumbfuck
>>
>>122792502
Because the whole meta-story over the centuries has become a tragic King undone by his own weakness and the sins of his father. Just making him an asshole doesn't wash with that unless you focused exclusively on Guenivere, Mordred or Morgaine as the protagonist, which some retellings probably have.

The closet I can think off the top of my head is Garth Ennis' Demon where Jason Blood and the rest of the peasentry really don't give a shit about Camelot, and they regard Arthur and the rest as the same as any nobility. They'll toil for him or they'll toil for his enemies, it doesn't really matter in the long run. Kings come and go, but the soil needs tilling.
>>
>>122810064
Is it me or does /co/ have way more white supremacists than usual? We used to have like shit posters but this is getting /tv/ levels bad.
>>
>>122810365
Well the sad things about cliches are they are based on something, we might have twisted it along the way but it started with a truth.
>>
>>122810005
Also, I'm perfectly fine with the characterization of Arthur, but modern lefties wielding the xenophobia they condemn as a gotcha against their political opponents is passive aggressive faggotry. I like the book, but I would not weep if Gillen were raped to death by a Paki grooming gang.
>>
>>122810064
>They're a living tale about the dangers of preventing the foreigners from coming in.

Yeah dude, the Anglo and Saxon invasion of Britain was definitely just "foreigners coming in"
>>
>>122810435
No, it's just the one asshurt anti-racist (proudly sponsored by Coca Cola) against the system and everybody taking the piss out of him
>>
>>122796666
Based retard
>>
>>122810507
Not really. That's not how racist tropes work. You are literally simplifying multiple cultures that existed before hwites took over.
>>
>>122810232
Kinda weird the guy whose explicitly stated agenda to murder anybody non-British isn't doing exactly that. It looks like he's just targeting anybody Gillen personally doesn't like. Will the next issue see him massacre a Tory conference? ;)
>>
>>122795785
Based Arthurian Fraudster
>>
>>122810744
>Will the next issue see him massacre a Tory conference
Oh please nobody likes the Tory
>>
File: 1478854354309.jpg (93 KB, 468x432)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>122808828
What? You never fucked a chick with acne before? Besides that's what the missionary position is for
>>
>>122796014
But anon don't you know that bullets are actually small rockets and the primer comes off so the bullet can be propelled by the gun powder burning in mid flight?
>>
>>122810342
>if your people were here before the 20th century, that's sufficiently native for me
Yikes!
>>
>>122810983
Not him, but it is an interesting question. When do people stop counting as "invaders". Best example is the USA or South Africa. Generally one has to ask oneself: "When is a state for a certain people ok?", in modern times. Do Kurds get one? Was it ok the irish got one? Israel? Also for that reason, self determination of peoples? Sure, but what IS a people. We live in a wierd time.
>Race doesn't matter unless it does.
>>
>>122796014

I didn't think gun autism existed.
>>
>>122811165
It's a good Ship of Theseus question. If you replaced the entire population of England with Russia without changing anything with regards to its government, is it no longer England?
>>
>>122811392
Have you missed the whole magazine vs clip thing
>>
>>122796314
Aenedid seems to exist specifically to retcon the Troy war. Everything the greeks did is unhonorable and Troy-and thus, Rome- were the good guys.
>>
>>122811392
how naive
>>
>>122811420
Good one. Culture and language matter. just happens to be that those get handed down in families thus mostly ethnically. So without the english language or culture i would say it is only geographically english.
The ethnicity thing is way more complicated. You could replace most western/central europeans with each other with no way of telling a difference. I mean there are some differences, but still. Tough, tough question.
>>
File: Living with ̸ k ̸̸ .png (299 KB, 667x667)
299 KB
299 KB PNG
>>122811392
Gun autism is the only reason I keep saying clips instead of magazine.
>>
>>122811392
Set foot in /k/ for a second and head into a thread that's actually discussing weapons and not /pol/ shit for once. It's pure, unfiltered autism.
>>
File: merlin_ecc.jpg (173 KB, 653x1000)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>122796135
>"this is everything a knight SHOULD NOT BE"
That explains a lot of Lancelot in Merlin, of Wood and Alcatena. They go out of their way to show how the arrival of Lancelot to Arthur´s court is a disaster for Camelot, and how he´s constantly trying to be a good knight and he fails miserably every single time.
And, since this thread has become "Arthurian Legend General", What do you think of pic related? has anyone been able to read it? It´s one of my favorite takes.
>>
>>122810545
>I like the book but want the author to die horribly because her political opinion is different from my own
Glad to see /co/mblr is in full force.
>>
File: Merlin angry.gif (1.06 MB, 300x245)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB GIF
>>122797159
Started reading it now, you weren't kidding. She's really fucking annoying.
>>
>>122803832
I meant things like the Fate version of Arthur or that one cartoon from the 80's about a time travelling football team becoming the new knights of the round table, odd stuff like that, if it's in the older legends than I see no problem with it

>>122796135
>>122812097
>"this is everything a knight SHOULD NOT BE"
another good example of this is Sir Balyn/Balin The Knight With Two Swords, who does literally everything wrong one can do as a Knight, with it ultimately resulting in death and ruination for many including himself and his brother Balan
>>
>>122812537
Her entire family is a bunch of crazy cunts I imagine on some level it all just broke her
>>
>>122810545
Based
>>
>>122799845
if we only go by the earliest account all we know is that morded and Arthur died in a battle together
>>
File: Based Department.jpg (68 KB, 410x598)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>122810545
>>
>>122808107
Wales and England just didn't exist at the time.

Later the brythonic parts of west briton started considering themselves the descendence of the "true britons" and "cymru", whilst eastern parts where anglo-saxon culture became more dominant would become "england".
Without getting into Cornwall, Cumbria, the Normans, the Scandanavians etc.

The important bit is that the idea of Arthur the hero was spread around the brythonic speaking cultures with the earliest record being in welsh. He functioned for years as a protector of the brythonic speaking people against anglo-saxon dominion and who would one day restore them.
>>
File: 1616095815585.gif (2.96 MB, 402x300)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB GIF
>>122810545
> I would not weep if Gillen were raped to death by a Paki grooming gang
Based...
>>
I like the idea of the story, and think the love interest is attractive, but is the main character an actual idealized self-insert?
>>
File: ArthurKoJ.jpg (92 KB, 400x615)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>122812619
>one cartoon from the 80's about a time travelling football team becoming the new knights of the round table
ha, I loved that goofy cartoon. Marvel did a limited series adaptation, which I own. The covers are badass but the interiors were similar cartooning to the show.
>>
Doubt anyone will see since we're at already 500 posts but I read this comic yesterday and while this is a minor part, it does paint Arthur as just a common warlord whose legend made him nobler than he actually was.
Also, I see someone mentioned "sword with influence powers" and that is also part of the mix.
>>
>>122814317
I swear to fuck that King Arthur was based on Alfred the Great who came up with the idea of a English state.
>>
>>122814849
But wasn't the myth traced back to before the 9th century?
>>
>>122814849
Leave it to the fucking english to think some dude named ALFRED will ever be "the great"
>>
>>122814849
Alfred most likely found his history mixed in with the legend.
>>
>>122815396
Actually he was the 4th son and wasn't even meant to be king. But maybe his ecclesiastical study and bookish nature is what gave him the background for success instead of his uncles and brothers.
>>
>>122807822
t. Celtard
>>
>>122815832
Can't blame them for that one I always try to get a kid with high learning that lives to his 80s in my CK3 dinasties.
>>
>>122814849
Never heard that one.

Later storytellers might have used him as an influence but Arthur's oldest surviving records portray him fighting the Anglo-saxons.
>>
>>122815884
Seethe Kraut
>>
>>122797760
>named Arthur
>ex turned lesbian
This hurt, anon. Hurt bad.
>>
>>122803664
Samefag
>>
>>122793359
>He's generally considered the iconic 'good king', so making him evil sort of goes against the grain of his legendary character.
So is Superman and that hasn't stopped anybody from doing evil Superman.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.