[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Spoiler Image (67 KB, 640x480)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
So just wondering am I the only one here who's disapointed with the ending to WandaVision? It just felt like a rushed half assed ending to a show that had so much suspense and build up before the final episode shat the bed.

Its like the writers just gave up half way through the series because they knew Marvel fanboys will watch anything even if its shit
>>
It was ruined by steroid-ed speculation.
>>
>>122179309
steroid-ed speculation? The Fuck does that mean?
>>
>>122179329
They went crazy with speculation. I wanted it to be alliterative and "super" felt overused and too weak.
>>
>>122179345
You tried and I appreciate that slightly I guess
>>
>>122179309
I stayed away from the discussion and speculation of Wandavision, but I was still disappointed. Sword bogged the show down and the finale was embarassing. Seeing Falcon and Winter Soldier I just dont think Feige knows what makes a good TV show. So far the Disney+ shows are middling at best.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1.65 MB, 1440x1079)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
>>122179359
>>
>>122179227
You have to keep in mind WandaVision was originally meant to tie directly into Doctor Strange MoM, so of course it feels incomplete, the very next MCU thing we get is Falcon and Winter Soldier, and we won't get resolution of Wanda's storyline until next year. The wait wasn't supposed to be this long.
>>
>>122179227
I have hope for Loki. At least that one is getting more than one season.
>>
>>122179227
Marvel can't make good TV shows
>>
>>122179309
It's literally manufactured specifically to get that reaction out of people.
>>
>>122180635
They don't make good movies either.
>>
>>122179227
>>122179227
A combination of Covid and Disney refusing to delay the show meant they had to fuse two episodes into one, and they couldn't finish VFX shots.

Also, the mystery box structure meant we had the SWORD people's perspective but not much of Wanda and Vision's, it's rather frustrating because they are the title characters. I mean, they had Darcey be the one to explain to Vision how he died, when it being Wanda would have been a hugely emotional scene.

Still, Wanda now has one of the best MCU costumes, is an actual proper Witch unlike the comics Wanda, and arguably the best (or close to best) character theme, you can literally hum it.
>>
>>122179760
Strange was meant to follow a few weeks after WV.
>>
>>122179760
It sounds like the original plan was for Strange to appear in the final episode in a cameo to lead right into his movie, but this was dropped because that's not going to be released until next year at the earliest.
>>
>>122181091
The Darkhold is literally the reason Stephen and Wanda met in the comics.
>>
File: download (24).jpg (40 KB, 840x473)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
"Boys, Magic Grandpa is gonna be babysitting you for a while...He's a bit of an asshole."
>>
>>122179227
>build up suspense and tension by presenting something cheery and happy out of nowhere and then throwing in some hints that something’s terribly wrong

>fast forward to shitty generic marvel good vs evil cgi fight

God fucking damn it
>>
>>122181421
How did you expect this to end?
>>
>>122181456
I don’t know, but shoehorning a generic villain into the show so that they could have someone to beat up was not it.
>>
>>122179227
Tried to cram in too much “oooo, I wonder what’s coming next!” And utterly failed to deliver on what people actually tuned into see. We didn’t need “coming soon to Captain Marvel 2!” Or “go, other vision! Go off into the distance to wait for next marvel thing!” Or “I sure bet this last minute book will crop up in the movie!”

If it hadn’t been utterly lame I’d be happy the Quicksilver thing was a fakeout, but we traded a potentially great scene with Wanda reconciling that’s not her brother with a boner joke. This series was supposed to be about Grief, they SAID that at least, but instead that side got next to no exploration and we wasted half of the show on the worst superhero origin of all time and the absolute dumbest stock white military bad guy trope done since the last time Marvel trotted out that long beaten to death horse. I’m not going to say I was disappointed, I knew the instant be started acting like a cartoon villain that the writers were never going to be capable of pulling off a real examination of grief or anything besides the most cliche and big standard of endings, but the part of me that loved the first few episodes with the daring directions they took can’t help but feel a tad naive for thinking maybe for once they wouldn’t make just another over done, dumb as hell storyline.
>>
File: 13164649198.png (812 KB, 750x715)
812 KB
812 KB PNG
>>122179227
Loads of people were disappointed, some for completely wrong reasons. For me, while I enjoyed the show a lot and found the Wanda/Vision payoff satisfying, the fight between Wanda and Agatha was lame and the last episode was incredibly rushed. You could tell they had to quickly combine several ideas and drop some to get it out on time. That part is really on Disney+ (but also really on Corona-chan), so I won't blame the crew for that.

Absolute mouthbreathers got upset at some completely retarded reasons tho
>muh Magneto will show up!
>muh x-men will be introduced!
>muh Reed Richards will show up, just you wait!
>MEPHISTO MEPHISTO MEPHISTO
>the endless wank over Pietro/Peter (honestly I'm glad it ended up being a dick joke, I was so sick of every thread getting derailed by this argument)
>muh secret guest actor will be Van Dyke/Pacino/Stewart/etc etc
and several more. Strange not showing up being a missed opportunity is the only thing I'll give these people, but I guess they didn't have time to organise it IRL. But everything else was the fanbase going full retard and making up theories based on absolutely nothing.
>>
>>122179309
Shit like that is part of why the Netflix drop strategy will always be the best. I binged Wandavision once it was complete and had a great time.
>>
>>122179227
Have you paid attention to any of the showrunner commentary or even notice the fact that it had its air date moved up? They flat out said that they had to rush production of the back half and do a lot of reshoots because their timetable got fucked by the change in airdates. Apparently there was supposed to be another episode and there is also a completely different version of the final episode that was shot in its entirety but was shelved because they couldn't get the effects done in time.
>>
>>122181069
Comic Wanda has been a proper witch for decades.
>>
>>122182050
The whole "aerospace engineer" thing was headscratcher for me. Why would anyone think that was a reference to Reed Richards?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (123 KB, 512x329)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>122179227
>Watching the mcu
There's your problem.
They fucked up spiderman you don't think they would stop fucking up?

Disney unironically thinks spiderman is a light hearted shit for kiddies forgetting his responsibilities and his stories that can even get as dark than the darkest pile of shit at dc.
>>
>>122179227
>It just felt like a rushed half assed ending to a show

That's because it was because covid.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.