[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Has peter ever acknowledged the fact that he is straight up the bad guy when it comes to the venom symbiote?

Fuckhead takes it from Battleworld, to earth, poor thing isnt even hurting him, and he freaks the fuck out going "EW OH UGH EW EW KILL IT KILL THAT FUCKING THING JESUS CHRIST" and throwing it away.

He was the asshole.
>>
>>121091380
>poor thing isnt even hurting him
It was basically hijacking peter’s body while he slept at night, leaving him so completely drained of energy that he ends up sleeping through most of the following day.
>>
>>121091380
This post was typed by symbiote hands
>>
>>121091380
Correct, but it was using him to hurt others.
>>
I feel like the vast majority of modern /co/ people have gotten their info on the Venom symbiote from cartoons: either the 90s Spider-Man cartoon or Spectacular Spider-Man. Both of which present the symbiote in explicitly sinister terms.
>>
>>121091555
yeah, people think that the symbiote was actually making peter more aggressive and evil but he really wasn't. peter didn't get rid of the symbiote because it was evil mind controlling sludge, he got rid of it because it was a creepy clingy alien
>>
>>121091496
Symbiote can't even type without a host. And of course the host wouldn't say stuff like this willy nilly.This is such a moronic post. Why would a symbiote even come on here?
>>
>>121091797
It's essentially the Marvel equivalent of people thinking Green Lantern is black, or thinking Beast Boy and Raven are a couple. It's a thing that's not in Marvel comics as such, but it's been in multiple adaptations of the comics so tons of people think it's canon.
>>
>>121091380
Taking his body on joyrides isn't exactly good either.
>>
File: RCO017_1469437066.jpg (1.16 MB, 988x1500)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
>>121091380
>and he freaks the fuck out going "EW OH UGH EW EW KILL IT KILL THAT FUCKING THING JESUS CHRIST" and throwing it away.
Sure, the symbiote dindu noffin and it's all Peter's fault because he "overreacted"
>>
>>121092168
Honestly, I'd say the entire thing is Reed's fault. He's Peter's friend and one of the smartest guys in the marvel universe, if he told me to take it off, I probably would too.

Reed didn't even know it was sentient, or could feel.
>>
There's also the fact that Venom was even changed in the 90s(IIRC) to be able to survive off of chocolate instead of brain juice. The only thing about a symbiote that was actually "evil" was nullified.
>>
>>121091555
>>121091797
>>121091908

It was effectively done to speed along the plot because they have to get Spidey out of the blacksuit and back to his red and Venom on the scene within a small time frame. They don't have a year or two comic issues to drag it out for.
>>
File: symbiotes.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>121091380
>Filthy Symbiote tentacles typed this post
>>
File: 129891948-256-k615540.jpg (22 KB, 256x400)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>121091380
>>
>>121092567
>>
>>121091496
Hi Peter!
>>
>>121091882
Symbiote detected
>>
>>121091380
Since Spider-man's enemy are mostly animal based. Does that make the symbiote the equivalent of real life parasite ?
>>
I love that Peter once beat Venom by simply telling the symbiote that it could have him as a host again, and the symbiote tried to leave Eddie on the spot, but the stress of the separation was too much for either of them and they passed out.
>>
>>121092567
>>121093077
How do I get a symbiote to love me?
>>
>>121091908
>or thinking Beast Boy and Raven are a couple
This has ONLY happened in the comic book, not the cartoon.
>>
>>121095029
>Was about to leave Eddie on the spot
What a slut !
>>
>>121095024
... anon, a symbiote is a symbiotic lifeform, it's in the fucking name.
>>
>>121091471
>>121091496
we find it incredibly offensive when you spout such drivel. delete your post immediately
>>
File: Andi is da bes.jpg (52 KB, 680x569)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>tfw no symbiote gf
>>
>>121091471
you just described having a GOOD girlfriend, how it any of that a bad thing? If peter needed to have less night fun he couldve communicated that instead of turning into an abusive toxic jerk
>>
>>121095075
Yeah but it's also a parasite because it was feeding from Peter's adrenaline without him knowing and left him tired.
So imo it's more like a parasite.
>>
>>121091555
The symbiote both saves Peter and kisses him after Peter tries to kill him in the belltower, it was never the monster that Peter thought.
>>
>>121092366
so if a friend told you to dump your girlfriend immediately you just would, no questions asked?!
>>
>>121095124
The actual negatives of having a symbiote have pendelum swung so far back and forth that it's absolutely insane.
One story has it literally eat his entire body and if it is removed then you see a literal skeleton underneath.
Another you can just feed it chocolate and it'll be fine.
>>
>>121095153
Look, having a symbiote is like having a girlfriend. It can be good or bad depending on the person
Some people get a cuddly tomboy gf that likes chocolate, and other people get a psychopathic womanchild who cheats on her boyfriend because the stars told her to
>>
>>121095109
Wife.
>>
>>121095178
>having a symbiote is like having a girlfriend.
Deep in my heart, I knew the symbiote was the tsundere/yandere girlfriend of Spider-man.
>>
File: 1600546181490.png (93 KB, 1829x468)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>
>>121095235
I wish I had a yandere Symbiote.
>>
>>121095145
If the SMARTEST PERSON ON THE PLANET told me that I need to break up with her I'd at least give it some thought
>>
>>121095309
This is too real, 10/10
>>
>>121095309
so Eddie is basicly the eternal rebound
>>
>>121091380
One of the things I DESPISE about modern Marvel, aside from the general watering down of their properties (I dry-heave when I see Thanos in any comic for any reason at this point, and I used to like the character) is this just... lack of forethought.

Venom was some goo that came out of a random machine on Battleworld in the mid 1980s, possessed Peter (IIRC isn't that why the symbiote is spider-themed?), did stuff, they fought, etc. Classic supervillain story, in a way.

But now thanks to Bendis and Cates and similar hacks literally EVERYTHING about the symbiotes has been retconned and altered beyond recognition. One day they're an evil race bent on galactic domination. Then they're the noble Klyntar, brainwashed or whatever, I barely skimmed that run. Then KNULL, evil dark god of dark evilness.

What ARE the symbiotes anymore? What's the thematic undercurrent? What do they signify, what purpose do they serve? If you think about it, any recurring character has to serve some purpose - Aunt May is Peter's family, she grounds him, she's the constant reminder of Ben and Peter's motivation. MJ is there to support him, to show him he's not alone, to be someone who can't fight beside him but she'll always BE beside him. Etc. Same for the bad guys - Ock is "what if Peter was raised by assholes"/"what if someone jaded and non-heroic got into a lab accident that gave him powers". Osborn is the nightmare, this fear that he can't keep his lives separate, that his enemies will learn who he is and find his loved ones and do horrible things out of revenge. And Venom is, well, evil Spider-Man.

The only reason characters survive for decades is if there's something archetypal about them, some storytelling function they serve well.

cont.
>>
>>121095529

What the fuck are the symbiotes at this point? They went from a metaphor for, idk, toxic relationships, to "like me, but stronger yet eviler oh no", to generic body horror villains, to whatever the fuck all the Klyntar bullshit was, to now the Knull nonsense.

Why? Why do writers just randomly use symbiotes with zero planning or consistency at this point? I genuinely couldn't tell you anymore what the hell it's all about. They used to just be cosmic parasites that want to grow and infect, kind of like Marvel Tyranids, now they're Marvel Chaos Demons? It's such a weird change just to push one asshole's OC.

It's just a bunch of random ideas thrown at the wall perpetually and the wall is made of a non-stick material somehow.

Peter took a suit from an alien world. It caused him problems for years. That was a sensible storyline. Now that suit is somehow connected to Hypersatan and the entire universe is at the brink of destruction. What the fuck. What's next, Henry Gyrich is a Beyonder?
>>
>>121095529
>>121095556
Today's writers are pretty much manchildren. They ignore every past stuff and just do things on their own, ignoring others writers and continuity on purpose, also treating the universe and the characters as their toys.
Hell in the She Hulk comics where she become a classic grey Hulk because of PTSD, she turn back to normal at the end of this run. Fast foward to Aaron's avengers and she hulk is turned back to hulk smash mode, ignoring a comics that finished just some month before his Avengers, all of that because he couldn't use Banner Hulk due to immortal Hulk.
Tldr: Modern marvel writers have zero synergy with each other, don't care about continuity, have zero planning and make up stuff as time pass by (except for a few), and pretty much consider the character and universe as toys and treat them as such.
>>
>>121095235
>girlfriend
Boyfriend.
Symbiote takes characteristics from its host, so bond with symbiote is like being in gay relationship.
>>
>>121091380
I know right, it was obvious that the symboite just loved peter
>>
File: mania standing.png (182 KB, 2104x3928)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>121095109
Mania was so cool.
>>
>>121095029
Remember when separating them wasn't as simple and it could potentially kill them both?

Writers sure didn't.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.