[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This comes out next week and hardly any hype. You couldn't stop hearing people talk about Rebirth before it came out, is DC dead?
>>
>>121088567
Bait
>>
>>121088567
No, comics are just dead in general
>>
>>121088567
it's hard to talk about a relaunch that promises a lot of things but only 5% of it is actually interesting
plus I got spoiled
what ya wanna know?
>>
>>121088781
Does Barry really join Justice Incarnate
>>
>>121088567
It's not a reboot so we don't care
>>
>>121088875
looks like we got spoiled on the same thing then kek
>>
File: darkseid be like.jpg (275 KB, 644x644)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>121088567
Not a day goes by that I haven't seen a thread with that as the OP image.
>>
>>121088567
What’s gonna happen to Hal Jordan? I don’t like Thorne or John.
>>
>>121088567
Meh.
>>
>>121088567
>poochie Jon in front and center
Cringe
>>
>>121088567
Cautiously optimistic. I've been burned too many times.
>>
The hype behind rebirth was, it’s a grand design mystery by johns, and we’re bringing classic Superman back. What the fuck is comparable in this new book? They’re bringing future state concepts to the main universe, which most people here don’t care about at all, and the book is written and drawn by over 20 different people which implies no grand design just a quickly thrown together preview book. Here’s the leaks that have been posted here before btw, I don’t really care for much here

>Bane is killed in an Arkham gas attack by The Joker
>Scarecrow is working with a billionaire called Simon Saint
>Nubia wins the contest of Amazons and is made queen after Hippolyta decides to become Wonder Woman herself. There is more detail on Yara, her Aunt is deaf and her uncle is white. She travels back to Brazil to rediscover her homeland, having been absent from it since childhood as well being too young to remember living there
>John and Simon Baz take Teen Lantern to see the Guardians, they try to solve the mystery of why she has the gauntlet. Alan Scott officially comes out of the closet.
>Spectre suspects Jon Kent will prove to be a tyrant if allowed to remain as Superman. He's proven wrong
>Roy is alive again, but wants to lay low for now
>Wally becomes The Flash again after Barry is invited by President Superman to join Justice Incarnate
>Diana makes a speech that seems laser-focused on deconstructing everything about Didio's era of DC
>Darksied has merged with 'all past aspects of himself', making him more dangerous, he kills the Quintessence
>Another new Earth is introduced in the multiverse: Earth Omega
>>
Batman/Superman #16 is very cool. It's split with a Superman story on the top half and a Batman story on the bottom half, running parallel to each other. I can see there being more demand for it than expected, so if you're interested and your LCS gets a lot of traffic or doesn't buy a lot of copies for the shelf you might want to ask them to pull it for you. Wouldn't be too surprised if it gets a Best Single Issue Eisner nomination for the gimmick, sort of like that one Slott Silver Surfer issue written as a mobius loop.
>>
>>121088567
Rebirth had the Watchmen teaser at the end of Johns Justice League.

And it had the return of Wally.

This has nothing. And after DC has constantly backstabbed and betrayed everyone, there is no reason to ever trust them again.
>>
>>121088567
Most the books and creative teams look boring. The whole status quo looks boring. Everything looks boring.
>>
>>121088567
It feels like DC has no clue what to do with their characters and universe and is just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.
>>
>>121088567
why is tim fox still a thing?
>>
>>121090106
DC REALLY REALLY wants their own Miles Morales. They want to say they got a black Batman.
>>
>>121088567
This was one reboot too many.
DC should just drop a shared continuity at this point. Most their best tales are else-worlds anyways.
>>
Rebirth promised at least sort of a return to the pre-New 52 days. This promises more legacy characters and boring shit like that.
>>
>>121090139
but miles comic wise has been a complete failure, bendis honestly should be applauded into getting marvel handcuffed into a character that doesn't sell but they can't get rid of since twitterfags would complain about racism
>>
>>121088781
who is red x
>>
>>121088567
Live actions are more hype. Comics are boring you know it's the same folks reading and we seen the same shit over and over and over and over.
>>
I can't think of a single DC title I'm looking forward to. The BatCat storytimes are an exception though, because that's mostly an amusing trainwreck
>>
>>121090321
Bendis' ocs are always terrible Teen Lantern, Naomi, Riri the only good character he's made is Goldballs.
>>
>>121090435
it doesn't say, it's just more teasing into Teen Titans Academy
>>
>>121089572
gee Anon, you going somewhere with those time-traveling powers?
>>
>>121088567
Do they realize they're ruining Jon by trying to push him so hard? He was legit gaining a very high amount of popularity as Superman's young son. People liked what he was, not this bizarre thing Bendis has tried to force him to be.
>>
>>121090784
It's truly unbelievable. He had a very specific appeal for fathers to get their kids in to comics and they just dashed it against the rocks because the bald fat fuck said "I WANNA PLAY"
>>
>>121090668
yeah but none of those characters still have their own title
>>
Teen Titans Academy's official name is The Roy Harper Titans Academy.
Dick makes a Harry Potter reference that falls flat with the kids because "We think nowadays it's problematic and best ignored."
There's a nonbinary genderqueer character.
Dick was the first Red X and two other people wore the costume after, not counting the current one. Generally it seems like the Red X story from the cartoon got ported over into canon.
Roundhouse and Tooby are roommates and don't get along.
Bratgirl is NOT the girl from Secret Files #1 who had the same hair.
>>
>>121091339
Cringe
>>
>>121091339
Doesn’t AT&T own Harry Potter? They allowed DC to shit on their IP? Are they idiots? Are they legit retard?
>>
>>121090784
They messed up so bad with Jon, it's honestly painful thinking about it. RIP.
>>
>>121088567
Bendis and King killed DC.
>>
>>121088567
It does help that more people are leaving DC for Marvel.
>>
>>121091339
I don’t trust these leaks but if true, it’s honestly kinda funny how we went from stupid Christians calling Harry Potter “satan propaganda aimed to children” to now, “it’s transphobic hate speech” even though neither claims exists in the stories themselves.
>>
Harley Quinn is a decent read if you like Rossmo's art. She's trying to make amends for all the bad things she did working with the Joker, one person at a time. She doesn't break the forth wall or do anything random for the sake of being random, so I think it was an intern writing the solicits and you can't judge the book by them.
>>
>>121091546
Don’t forget Snyder man, god the multiverse is so raped because of him.
>>
>>121091339
>Bratgirl is NOT the girl from Secret Files #1 who had the same hair.
>

Who? Are you talking about Misfit?
>>
>>121088567
>daily threads about this shit
>hur dur why is no one talking about it
Other than that, for some reason DC threads attract more shitposters than Marvel.
I don't know if it's because retards that watch EVS come here to bitch about shit but it's almost impossible to have a normal thread talking about the future of DC
>>
>>121089439
>>Wally becomes The Flash again after Barry is invited by President Superman to join Justice Incarnate

The thing is this would be okay if they hadn't done Future State Flash. If they actually erase Future State Flash's events I think people would be more interested. I don't know whose decision it was to allow that to go through when they knew Heroes in Crisis had a tremendously poor reception.
>>
>>121093008
Future State isn't set in stone
>>
>>121093036
That doesn't fucking matter, why would they try character-assassinating Wally AGAIN when they know for a fact the last time they tried sold like dogshit and got them in hot water with the SJWs it was meant to appeal to by alerting them that Tom King is a narcissistic freak who doesn't grasp how mental illness works and portrays anyone suffering from grief or PTSD as a ticking time bomb set to become an evil mass-murderer?
>>
>>121093036
Most people don't know that, and doing something like Future State Flash right after knowing the bad reception Heroes in Crisis got just undermines consumer confidence.
>>
>>121092870

it fucking sucks, every DC thread is the most insane hate. c'est la vie
>>
>>121093168
It's also bizarre that they did it after Flash Forward and the Metal tie in where Wally was fine, pretty much undoing the work that went into fixing HiC
>>
>>121088567
Hype is always stupid, and always creates inane whining and complaints when neckbeards end up disappointed.
>>
>>121093190
It really does lend credence to the gossip that Didio's whole plan for 5G was just a play at fucking over every legacy character he hated, to the point the rest of DC decided they were done with his shit.
>>
>>121093137
>why would they try character-assassinating Wally AGAIN

He isn't character assassinated, he was being possessed.
>>
>>121093008
>they actually erase Future State Flash's events

Why would anyone think that something set specifically in the future is ever going to happen in actual continuity? Just how fucking stupid are you?
>>
>>121091434
They don't own Harry Potter but they DO have exclusive media rights and own all of the OC content created for the Fantastic Beast franchise.

Also, the DC top brass has long had issues with Harry Potter for two reasons: the fact that Rowling wholesale ripped off Tim Hunter/Book of Magic and the fact that both Warner and DC approached Rowlings to get the comic adaptation rights in the 00s and Rowlings not only told DC to fuck off but told Warner that she finds comics to be trash of the highest order and basically told them that she'll NEVER EVER allow any of her Potter work be adapted into comic format.
>>
>>121093460
>she finds comics to be trash of the highest order and basically told them that she'll NEVER EVER allow any of her Potter work be adapted into comic format.
Some people just hate free money
>>
>>121093396
>Why would anyone think that something set specifically in the future is ever going to happen in actual continuity?

A lot, you'd be surprised. I'm always surprised to find out people think Dark Knight Returns is the actual future even though it obviously isn't.
>>
>>121093484
better that way
who knows who the fuck-ups at DC will turn gay
>>
>>121093542
Really? You're doing this?
>>
>>121093559
I just did
You'd never see anyone try to turn an established gay character straight
>>
>>121093585
You're fucking doing this with JK "dumbledore took it in the ass an he had a gay amulet that didn't let him hurt his fuckboy" Rowling

You're seriously complaining about this with JK fucking Rowling who became a joke for doing exactly what you're accusing DC of doing
>>
what the fuck where's Kyle
>>
>>121093623
JK Rowling is the actual writer of the story and universe of Harry Potter, not some random fuck off at DC
>>
>>121093700
DC owns the IP. DC gets to decide what it does with said IP. Not the freelance writer who is doing work for hire fanfiction of said IP.
>>
>>121093731
not even remotely the same situation
nice try tho
>>
>>121088567
>nobody else cares enough about Swamp a thing to spoil the first issue that’s coming out same day as Infinite Frontier #0
O-ok
>>
>>121088567
I mean, I don't give a fuck about whatever explanation DC has come up now to explain their continuity, I mostly just want to see my faves being treated with respect and getting good stories.
Looking forward to Williamson returning Damian Wayne to being a hero, Nightwing getting back his shine under Taylor and hopefully DC finally treating Talia al Ghul well again.
The only thing that really annoys me is that they seem to insist that Jon needs to stay aged up even though everyone hates it.
>>
>>121094051
I just want Babs to finally score a good book, but that's not going to happen it seems.
And knowing this asshole Tynion, he's going to cripple her again at some point, because muh 2000's memberberries.
>>
>>121091339
>Dick makes a Harry Potter reference that falls flat with the kids because "We think nowadays it's problematic and best ignored."

If that had actually been true DC would get in trouble with WB
>>
Don't you guys get tired? I've been reading the same question since the beginning of new 52. If its dying it's sure as hell taking a lot of time to do it
>>
>>121089034
straight white male in 2021, Hal is screwed
>>
>>121093862
no one wants to read pajeet swamp thing
>>
is there any reason to read the future state stuff?
>>
>>121095518
Maybe the Yara Flor stuff and the Imperious Lex comic but that's about it
>>
>>121095518
I get the feeling that they're using future state for their gadot & batfleck replacements
>>
File: RCO001.jpg (275 KB, 1040x1600)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>121088567
Yes, do you believe Rorschach is at #5?
The last three issues didnt got a storytime. We talk about Watchmen propetry. Even King doesnt get a hate thread about it going.
Punchline, Yara, all threads after the last issue withthem was published stopped.
There is no interest in DC that generates long time threads.

>>121088603
Not really, Mangas, schoolastic are driving, there are so many comic published. The bigger problem is there are too many comics. Too many for every niche. This means the money, even if more was spend, is still splitted between too many publisher and series.
Kinda the same problem we see with youtube, too many influencer to split youtube ads.
>>
>>121088567
It has already been leaked like 2 weeks ago we didn't know what was going on in Rebirth until the very last second.
>>
>>121093008
>If they actually erase Future State Flash's events I think people would be more interested
What part of "possible bad future" don't you understand?
>>
>>121088567
Death Metal was really dumb SJW shit
>>
File: 1502889192127.jpg (101 KB, 805x476)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>121096223
Most of the comics in general don't get storytimed besides x-men and that's because the guy who does the storytimes is really into it. DC isn't dead /co/ is literally on life support having the same "EVEYTHING SUCKS" threads evey week and it's sad to see, that's why the trafic on this board has gone down so badly.
>>
>>121089439
>Bane killed in an Arkham gas attack by Joker

Really? That is so lame. I was hoping we'd see Bane and Joker at war with each other. They may as well have had Joker shoot him when he visited the cell during Joker War.

I was hoping Bruce could finally have a real confrontation with Bane. Bane is a guy Bruce would be justified unleashing on after everything he's done. We never really see Bruce reflecting on any of that. Plus Joker War showed Bane getting off Venom, would have been nice to see him without it.
>>
>>121096494
We have already seen Bane without Venom a couple of times
>>
>>121096509
Back in the 90s and 00s, yeah. But then New52 onwards completely undid that and made him an addict again. Only time I recall where he wasn't addicted was the brief period where he had custody of Psycho Pirate. This could have been the first real time we see him in action post-Flashpoint with the Venom drained from his system and he's built himself up again.
>>
>>121092819
There's a character literally named Bratgirl. She was in Future State Teen Titans.
>>
>>121093862
It's just a good issue, no established characters doing stupid things worth spoiling.
>>
>>121096223
>There is no interest in DC that generates long time threads.

Most storytimes on any given book don't generate discussion either unless they get to bitch about SJWs
>>
>>121091339
>Dick makes a Harry Potter reference that falls flat with the kids because "We think nowadays it's problematic and best ignored."
Last I checked JK's still laughing her ass off and making bank despite all the whiny twitter people..
>>
>>121090106
The Bat-family needs a token black guy and he's their fourth attempt after David Zavimbe, Luke Fox, and Duke.
>>
Scott Snydet and Batkek raped the DCU so hard it will never recover again.
>>
>>121094051
>Nightwing getting back his shine under Taylor
why does anyone trust Taylor? The preview for his run looks to be more of the same old shit from every comic that everyone hates already
>>
>>121096983
most of DC’s new employees are all twitter people
>>
>>121097359
We don't know if his run will be good or bad, but the Nightwing title has really suffered from all the Ric nonsense and Taylor is a big name. If nothing else people will start paying attention to Nightwing again.
>>
>>121097386
Swear twitter libs need to all die
>>
>>121088567
>is DC dead
It isn't dead, but as someone who loves the characters but hasn't enjoyed the vast majority of the stories published over recent years, I'm not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt just because they are DC. If they want my excitement and hype, they need to give me a reason to feel it, first. So am I excited for Infinite Frontier? Not at all, but I'll be reading it with the hope that I'm left feeling better about the direction DC is going.
>>
>>121096289
What was SJW about it?
>>
>>121094051
Why is Jon still aged up anyway? I'm betting it's the new higher ups who still think "synergy" is an actual method that works.
>>
>>121089439
>Darksied has merged with 'all past aspects of himself', making him more dangerous, he kills the Quintessence
>Another new Earth is introduced in the multiverse: Earth Omega
I mean, this at least is giving me a good chuckle because of Darkseid literally getting meme mexican powerlevels.
>>
>>121097386
And JK's laughing because she has more money than they'll ever have and just keeps raking it in.
>>
>>121090106
DC forgot they already had 2 black Batfamily members: Luke Fox and Duke Thomas. Instead of giving either of them a chance, having them be actually important and utilizing continuity, they instead make up a new one... Probably because of Tim gets mildly popular, then whoever created him will get money if he ends up in a tv show or movie. That’s exactly the same reason Bendis had for creating Riri instead of using Rhodey’s niece back when he worked at Marvel. The diversity push is an excuse to get royalties off of new character rather than actually caring about diversity.
>>
>>121090139
They already have their Miles Morales and he was there before Miles: he’s called Static.
>>
>>121090668
Bendis’ OCs are terrible is Bendis is writing them. Once Bendis left, Riri was written a lot better by other people. No doubt, if someone else gets their hands on Teen Lantern and Naomi, they’d actually make them likable characters or at least ones that aren’t annoying.
>>
>>121096347
>C isn't dead /co/ is literally on life support having the same "EVEYTHING SUCKS" threads evey week and it's sad to see, that's why the trafic on this board has gone down so badly.
hey at least I'm not the only one who noticed
>>
>>121093542
I mean... JK already did that herself. She has no problem with gay characters or even changing white characters into black ones. It’s mostly trans people she has a problem with. lol
>>
>>121096347
>Everyone likes Watchmen
>Most think King is a one trick pony
When these two things dont generate a thread, than DC is dead.
>>
>>121098354
Ric was terrible. But Nightwing is a book thats only ever ranged from bad to average. Its why every story that people have liked Dick in from the last 3 decades has been in something else.
>>
>is DC dead
I would be a rich man if I got a nickel for every thread that asked that question or claimed DC was dead. We’ve literally had this same thread since like 2011. No, DC isn’t dead and it isn’t dying.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.