[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: JLSanctuary.jpg (333 KB, 703x1080)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
Let's just look at the Justice League. Back in the 2000s you had Black Lightning, Vixen and John Stewart added to the roster. Then in the '90s you had characters like Fire, Bloodwynd and the Ray on the team. And even back in the '80s you had a lineup with Vibe, Gypsy and Vixen again.
>>
And what's forced about any of these?
>>
>>120270644
It’s not forced if it’s just a new team anon, like it or not black people exist and like some of the black characters created. The more you childishly mewl about nothing the more successful the ACTUAL forced divirsity hires, like black spiderman and black Batman are pushed by the trannies and faggots here who want to spite specifically YOU.
>>
Dwayne Fucking MacDuffie is on the cover. No shit there's black characters from a black creator. A good creator too. Try harder.
>>
>>120270644
Black Lightning, John Stewart, Fire have been around since the 70s.
Vixen, Vibe, and Gypsy have been around since the 80s.
Bloodwynd has been around since the 90s.
The Ray as a mantle has been around since the fucking 40s.

You're a fucking retarded faggot OP.
>>
>>120270727
>Black Lightning, John Stewart, Fire have been around since the 70s.
>Vixen, Vibe, and Gypsy have been around since the 80s.
>Bloodwynd has been around since the 90s.
Forced diversity where are all the white heroes
>>
File: Dwayne.png (773 KB, 628x891)
773 KB
773 KB PNG
>if you do a story with 3 or more black characters it becomes a "black product"
>>
>>120270644
I like alot of those characters.
>>
>Dwayne McDuffie
I still miss him.
>>
>>120270644
yeah, but JLA 2006 was "good" not forcer, ALSO look at the size of those boobs, look at vixen, hawkgirl and wonder woman boobs.

based ed benes.
>>
>>120271235
>yeah, but JLA 2006 was "good" not forcer, ALSO look at the size of those boobs, look at vixen, hawkgirl and wonder woman boobs.
>based ed benes.
I prefer to call him Ed "Assman" Benes.
>>
>>120270644
John, Vixen, and Black Lightning are cool characters, though. Bloodwynd, Vibe, and Gypsy were not interesting, that’s why it was bad. Totally different situation there.
>>
>>120270719
McDuffie, in addition to being a really good writer, was able to bring in a new roster or group seamlessly. I don’t know why other writers can’t do what he did or why their attempts to bring in characters always feels awkward and forced. What is the McDuffie secret sauce here? Is there something other writers can learn from him?
>>
You're not wrong but the shills are arguing with you because they blow McDuffie because of the justice league cartoon
>>
>>120271235
Yeah, it was a good creative team. McDuffie brings these characters in and makes it work, and Benes makes everything great to look at. I don’t know why DC overcomplicates things.
>>
>>120270644
I miss not every single comic being about white dudes being always presented as losers, immature idiots, effeminate weakling and the butt if every joke who always lose every fight or argument against women / blacks, always get lectured by angry women and just taking it like cucks and always having to be rescued by women at least once.
I miss comics being allowed to have sexy female characters in revealing costumes instead of ugly, feminist power fantasies that look and act like men.
I miss when comics where allowed to be about cool white male heroes who are smart, competent and masculine. People you could relay and who saved the day and the girl.
This new future DC event is exactly what I said it is. Every single white male character either got beaten up or rescued by a woman so far or had the white man be an idiot who gets humiliated for comedy but not a single comic features a female protagonist getting rescued by a white man or a female character being used for comedy.
And while white make characters lose their shirt every issue female characters all have their breast size and cleavage censored
>>
>>120272659
Do what I am looking to do, start making my own.
>>
>>120272858
That won’t change lefties continuing to ruin 99.999999% if the rest of media and all of society
>>
File: super-man.jpg (882 KB, 1654x2560)
882 KB
882 KB JPG
>>120270644
The problem wasn't diversity and it still isn't the problem. The problem is the writing. Respect the legacy, create actual characters, and make people care about them. And every once in a while someone remembers that.
>>
>>120270679
Nothing more than what’s going on now, you just bitch more about it now.
>>
>>120273107
Mainly the group that feels threatened if everything isn't about them. Which is funny considering they're the ones that point that out when other groups are like that.
>>
>>120272949
>>120273107
I love how /co/mblr always proves criticism of sjw stuff in comics right by never being able to post any recent comics that prove that kind of criticism wrong
>>
>>120273153
>Mainly the group that feels threatened if everything isn't about them
Post 10 comic series from the last 5 years that fit what the bill of what the anon wants
I am looking forward to you lot posting a single example or all examples that do not fit the criteria and in fact constantly feature the white male protagonist getting beaten up or rescued by women
>>
>>120273249
Yeah anime and manga being free of sjw proganda and still making content for straight men and boys is the main reason why it is doing so well
It is literally the only hobby left that had not being taken over by white men hating lefties
>>
>>120273204
You should check out Christopher Priest's recent Deathstroke Rebirth series at DC.
>>
>>120273009
>The problem wasn't diversity and it still isn't the problem. The problem is the writing. Respect the legacy, create actual characters, and make people care about them. And every once in a while someone remembers that.
Correct. When was the last time DC created a successful black character that wasn’t a legacy? It can’t be that hard, Tony Isabella did it with Black Lightning back when it was much harder to sell to management. Thinking minority characters need an established IP name to be successful is unbelievably ignorant.
>>
File: wolverine-eating.jpg (71 KB, 238x238)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>120273248
>i want you to do all this for me
No.
>>
>>120273353
Deathstroke gets regularly beaten up by women or lectured by his wife and never defends himself
Also turned his son into a fag
Next example
>>
>>120273369
When was the last time DC had a white make protagonist who doesn’t get rescued or beaten by a women every issue?
>>
>>120273376
> I am looking forward to you lot posting a single example or all examples that do not fit the criteria
Thank you so much for proving my point
>>
>>120273376
I other words you can’t because their ain’t any
>>
>>120273385
Deathstroke deserves to be called out by everyone, not only women.

Jericho was always gay.
>>
>>120272949
>All you've been doing is Bitch, bitch, bitch.
Because all comic have been doing is push sjw shit again and again and again
If there were at least some diversity in story telling the problem would not exist
But no, every white male character has to be ruined to push you lefty agenda
>>
>>120273461
I see you can’t name 10 fitting examples from the last 5 years
>>
>>120273385
Fine, how about the Terrifics? Admittedly I haven't totally kept up with it but I remember liking it. I also remember Matt Fraction's recent Jimmy Olsen series being good.
>>
>>120273531
White male characters are the butt of every joke in it and regularly get rescued by women and the black guy yet never get to save the day themselves nor are female or black characters ever belittled for comedy
>>
File: 1377693146836.jpg (43 KB, 361x637)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>this thread
Also the shitposter is an ESL
>>
>>120270965
Stupid false flag thread. If you don't see the difference between those characters and the tryhard Mary Sue legacy knockoffs of today you are dumb.
>>
>>120273353
That comic is like to 30% about slate and the remaining 70% focuses on sjw „strong wyman“ black and gay characters
>>
>>120273565
> > I am looking forward to you lot posting a single example or all examples that do not fit the criteria
KEK, never changed /co/mblr
Keep making excuses for why comics are dying and ignore the sjw elephant
>>
>>120273406
That’s a separate, but valid, problem. Unfortunately, it’s one of of many problems.
>>
>>120272659
This.
>>
>>120273486
Please, go here: >>>/pol/. You might find people who tolerate your faggotry.
>>
>>120273369
When was the last time EITHER Big Two company created a successful NEW character that wasn't a legacy?
>>
>>120273606
I like pastel colors in the right setting or title, but otherwise I agree with most of your list.
>>
>>120273672
I can’t argue against that. Another valid problem.
>>
>>120273664
See
>>120273614
>>
File: alpha-1-cover.jpg (41 KB, 448x596)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>120273369
>It can’t be that hard, Tony Isabella did it with Black Lightning back when it was much harder to sell to management.

The problem these days isn't selling it to management, but to the actual consumer. Most people do not give a shit about new characters and the multitude of failed launches over the past decade really shows that. Remember Alpha? Guy was touted as THE new hot shit in Amazing Spider-man and never appeared again after his miniseries. Sideways was a great character introduced, but his series died at 12 issues and we haven't seen him since despite seeing Tempus Fuginaut quite a bit. Kenan has barely popped up in the background of random events and the rest of the Justice League of China has been MIA. I doubt anyone cares about Bendis' new OC and she will fade into irrelevancy after he finally leaves.
>>
>>120273606
>>120273699
The interracial stuff isn’t even true
People only point out that interracial stuff is only ww/bm these days and never anything else because lefties hate white men
>>
>>120273726
>Most people do not give a shit about new characters and the multitude of failed launches over the past decade really shows that.
That's because most new characters suck, because almost all of the people working at Marvel or DC suck.
>>
>>120273726
Alpha was bait. He was promoted as being Peter's sidekick but he was just supposed to be Peter if he got powers but no responsibility and was depowered at the end of the arc and forgotten until he got a random mini years later. Slott had no intention of doing anything else with him. And yet, people were actually very interested in him. I remember a lot of anons being excited.
>>
>>120273787
>That's because most new characters are only created to be female or black
Fixed that for you
>>
>>120273719
Fuck you, you don't read comics. You're no better that a /v/fag crying about a game they never played.
>>
>>120270644
Why are racists so bad at hiding it
>>
>>120273830
No I do hence why I know that you can’t name 10 series that are not full of the sjw garbage I mentioned earlier
>>
>>120273874
Why do lefties always use words like racist or sexist when they have no real arguments?
>>
>>120273486
>If there were at least some diversity in story telling
Whut?
>>
>>120273998
At least a few comics that don’t only feature Mary Sues and emasculated loser white men would be nice
>>
>>120270644
>Let's just look at the Justice League. Back in the 2000s you had Black Lightning, Vixen and John Stewart added to the roster.
Reminded that /co/ killed McDuffie over this.
>>
>>120273882
>1. Black Hammer
The main female character (Golden Gail) is particularly abrasive and bitter while the most prominent male character (Abraham Slam) is presented as competent.

>2. Astro City (2016 revival)
Features a large cast of characters including competent white men.

>3. Supersons
Two young male leads going on adventures.

>4. Grayson
Been a while since I read it but I remember enjoying it and it features Dick Grayson in a leading role.

>5. Superman Year One
Frank Miller's take on Superman's early years. Features competent white male Superman.

>6. Gideon Falls
Main female character is proved wrong by supposedly crazy conspiracy theorist male. I haven't gotten to volume 3 of this one yet, just as a disclaimer.

>7. Animal Man (New 52)
Protagonist is a strong man who wants to protect his family. Wow I read way too many Jeff Lemire comics.

>8. Secret Six
Yes, I know there are lesbians and stuff but it still has Catman, Deadshot, Ragdoll and Bane written as competent leading male roles.

>9. The Flash (Joshua Williamson)
I recently reread the Rogues Reloaded arc and also the Force Quest arc. In the former the only female with a major role was Glider and in the latter while it included characters like that one strong lady, Barry was still written as competent.

>10. Hawkeye by Matt Fraction
I know Kate is heavily featured in the series which you probably don't like, but Clint is still given plenty of badass moments and Kate still ends up in danger fairly often (Like when she gets caught impersonating Madame Masque)
>>
File: 2009-06-16_cc_072.gif (298 KB, 500x2188)
298 KB
298 KB GIF
>>120270719
>thinking McDuffie wanted that lineup
>>
>>120274180
>Reminded that /co/ killed McDuffie over this.
Is that just a meme or are you serious?
>>
>>120274243
It’s a meme.
>>
>>120274243
>Is that just a meme or are you serious?
It's just a meme. However he did get fired over a thread we made how him talking to fans on the DC forum. This was due to Rich the Bitch Johnson posting about it on Bleedingcool.
>>
>>120274225
>>10. Hawkeye by Matt Fraction
I haven't been in this discussion but this is a bad example for the topic you're talking about. Fraction's Hawkeye was particularly notorious for how much it emasculated and mocked Clint.
>>
>>120274216
Funny how lefties can make anything about supposed racism and sexism but the moment some actual laws or policies discriminate against white men they make excuses
>>
>>120270686
>do what i want or i will spite you
Get a life bro
>black people... like some of the black characters created.

1 or 2? Do you think they talk about these Nu superhero characters in the Hood?
>>
>>120274326
Dammit, I could've sworn it was better. In my defense I haven't read it since it first came out. Is Superior Foes of Spider-Man a better example? I've heard that one's good.
>>
>>120274410
What excuses are you talking about dude i'm agreeing with you
>>
>>120274225
>>4. Grayson
>10. Hawkeye by Matt Fraction
>the flash
All these 3 comics alone feature the male hero regularly getting beaten up and rescued by women
Grayson and Hawkmen are especially prime sjw examples with almost every issue the white male lead being presented as inferior to a women and constantly getting humiliated or ridiculed by her while the white male character just takes it like a cuck.
Every time they fight a female supporting character they always lose. Grayson or Hawkmen never beat women at anything and never are shown in the right.
Neither of these comics ever make any jokes at the expense of anybody else except the white male protagonist.
There was an entire issue about Grayson getting equally harassed for „comedy“ witj him having to run around half naked, meanwhile female characters were never depicted in a sexual way.
I am pretty sure neither comics even once feature the female side characters having to be rescued by the men
The flash run also introduced a new black female characters who literals always beat him up or rescued him with the flask always having to ask them for help
I haven’t read the other comics but I am sure that it is full if sjw garbage like that as well.
>>
>>120274469
No That is just more „men stupid, women smart“
>>
>>120274469
Don't get me wrong I love Superior Foes, but the only competent character in that book was the female Beetle.

Really good comedy book though I have nothing against it.
>>
>>120273672
Sideways and Silencer.
>>
>>120274322>>120274322

/co/ made the thread, Rich uses /co/ as a news source, DC fires McDuffie over Rich's article, McDuffie loses health insurance because he got fired, dies shortly thereafter.
/co/ killed McDuffie.
>>
>>120274449
>Get a life bro
That's rich coming from you
>>
>>120274225
Also I doubt even one of those comics featured a female protagonist who isn’t a villain losing a fight against a white man while All the comics you have listed that I have read regularly get defeated by female characters
>>
>>120270644
OP you're an idiot
>>
>>120274671
>McDuffie loses health insurance because he got fired,
He was still working for DC so how did he lose health insurance? This is why it's a meme. People mix up facts with unproven bullshit to push thee narrative.
>>
>>120270644
>black people existing is forced diversity

You know goddamn well that's not what people mean by that. There's nothing "forced" about Spawn, ffs.
>>
>black person bad
>women bad
>>
>>120274225
1. haven’t read it but that is not what I asked for. I asked for female protagonist who regularly lose against white men, who are weak or who regularly get humiliated for comedy. So basically I asked for a comic that writes females like sjws write white male characters

2. haven’t read it

3. they regularly need help from women. Again unlike female Leads who never need help from whites men

4. that was absolute sjw shit. Interaktiv feature every example of what I don’t want in a comic

5. haven’t read it

6. again, not what I asked for. Judging by your wording she is just another „tough strong wyman“ and he is depicted as crazy, immature and pathetic with every joke being at his expense and her never once getting rescued by a white men

8. female characters are presented as more mature and better then men

9. like you Said yourself the Moment the strong woman shows up Barry Jobs to her. He never defeats her in a fight and even needs her help. She also regularly disrespects him and he takes it like a cuck

10. worst sjw shit there is. Entire point of the comic is too destroy a white najj KH e character so that a female sjw character can steal his title. Female characters never once gets rescued or beaten by the white male lead but he regularly gets beaten or rescued by her
>>
>>120274905
Alright I guess you win this argument. The closest thing I can think of that fits what you'd prefer is the Harley Quinn comics written by Karl Kesel. In those comics Harley's plans constantly leave her in a worst spot before (Up to and including her getting killed and going to hell) and throughout the first story arc her non-powered male henchman Lewis is the most reasonable person in the cast.
>>
>>120274905
go outside skip the desert hit the weights and take a shower
>>
>>120270644
Don't forget the Superfriends. Apache Chief, Samurai, Black Vulcan.
>>
>>120274905
>>120274967
Also, for a more recent example, there's I Hate Fairyland. In that series the main character Gert is a horrible person who very often is subjected to slapstick. Although I will concede that her two greatest foes in he comic are a white woman (Queen Cloudia) and a black little girl (Happy).
>>
File: 1599705568140.jpg (147 KB, 659x1000)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>120272313
>Assman
there is only one Assman and it's ebas
>>
>>120274709
Most people did at least half a decade ago.
>>
>>120270644
I want to fuck Vixen, Fire, and Gypsy so I'm okay with that.
>>
>>120270644
based on this picture, it's pretty balanced in terms of diversity, compared to modern "diverse" comics where either everyone is a woman, some shade of brown, or both, and the light skin character, usually a white male, is made into the token minority, as funny as it sounds.
>>
>>120275913
this
>>
>>120273558
Plastic Man is a jokey character and also one of the strongest members of the team. Do you want every white guy to be a boring drone that gives Hal a run for his money?

Element Man is white and wasn't a joke.

Tom Strong wasn't a joke nor did he need rescuing every second.

And finally the most bitchy/selfish character was a fucking black guy.

Just admit you want white gary stus already.
>>
>>120270644
Vixen is one of those characters whose continued push is a mystery to me. They try every few years to push her but she's a shitty, boring character with shitty, boring powers and no real personality so she pretty quickly goes away until they try again. I get why they did it at that time because of JLU but not all the others. Fuck even on JLU she was a shitty, boring character with shitty, boring powers except they gave her a hot design that was then copied over to the comics.
>>
>>120276440
oh, it's Vixenhater again. Your reason for hating her is still dumb as hell
>>
>>120274240
Reminds me didn't /co/ basically get him fired by screenshoting and compiling his posts about working on JLA which Rich the Leech then grabbed and put on his site making DC aware of the beans he was spilling?
>>
>>120272480
McDuffie was a really good TV writer and did a great job on Justice League (I know Ben 10 fans don't like him for killing their incest ship) but he was a pretty middling comic writer. Maybe Static was good, I don't know, but his JLA run wasn't all that great and even ignoring all the problems he had with it Beyond! wasn't particularly good and his Fantastic Four run kind of sucked.
>>
>>120276474
What? She's a bad character. If she makes you coom that's great but don't try to pretend she's a great and interesting character when she's not. She would be (and was) as forgotten as the rest of the Detroiters if McDuffie didn't have a boner for her.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.