[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why did it fail?
>>
>>120270266
Was not as good as HTTYD
>>
I...think I understand your whistle sir
>>
>>120270266
Guess (((why)))
>>
Not Astro Boy, not good. I hope based Pluto anon arrives soon.
>>
Never let an amerincel do the job of a CHADpanese
>>
fuck off shark tale fag
>>
>>120270266
>>120270217
I'm not having these discussions anymore. Don't get any joy from doing this many times in a week
Why are you such a liar?
>>
>>120270266
Around screws, you lose!
>>
>>120270286
Oh shut the fuck up shark tale fag
>>
>>120270266
too much boy not enough Astro.
>>
Listen here, you little shit.
>>
>>120270431
>Americancel
It was a brit from Aardman who previously directed Flushed Away and did storyboards for Chicken Run and W&G film
>>
>Blitzcrank
>>
>>120270322
>>120270474
OH THAT IS IT DAD! I'M TURNING YOU INTO THE FBI FOR WHAT YOU DID LAST WEEK! PEOPLE DIED YOU KNOW AND ALL YOU EVER DO IS SPOUT YOUR RETARDED Q SHIT!
>>
>>120272574
Every Boomer who sent their kids to public school then college thinking they'd not turn them in deserves 10 years for child abuse.
>>
>>120270266
It had no kokoro
>>
Why was he so cute ? Blue jacket was a good choice. Makes for an appealing design and fits with his good hearted personality
>>
>>120270266
Too good for this crapsack world.
>>
>>120270266
>Why did it fail?
What? America? Well, pic related.
>>
>>120270266
'muricans love asses and guns
not enought asschineguns
>>
>>120270322
(((small))) (((white))) (((penis)))
>>
>>120270266

>Why did it fail?
>Ominous ZOG
>Sad "A".

What did OP meant by this.......
>>
>Astro looks at viewer after reactivating Zog
Love how innocent and humble this movie is. None of that Dreamworks snark here
>>
>>120270286
this
>>
File: Commander_in_Chief.jpg (99 KB, 1440x756)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>120270266
What do you mean by "fail"?
Last I checked they control both parties and other countries around the world, from Russia to China
>>
>>120273716
I'm a normie and not an anti-semite so I didn't mean anything. I just wanted to discuss the Astroboy film.
>>
>>120270266
Possibly marketing, and lack of a developed cultural foothold. I don't remember much from the commecrials except "I have machine guns in my butt" and that didn't make me all that interested, and the only Astro Boy I knew about before then was the 2003 anime on Kids WB, so you eithere weren't going to get a big draw because no one knew what it was, or you alienate eople who wanted something more pure.
If it were merely a really fancy pilot for an already planned series, the series may have had a chance to garner attention, but as it stood it didn't seem that exceptional when it came out, and seeing it years later that kind of holds true.
>>
>>120270266
Summit only distributed 1 animation film before and they only cared about Twilight sequel
>>
File: To_the_moon_film.jpg (25 KB, 259x383)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>120274190
If you're wondering which was that previous animation film, it was this piece of shit
>>
>>120274190
>>120274262
Sharktalefag, you said you were stopping this. Like, only a few hours ago. I really hoped you were going to find something better with your time.
>>
>>120274280
I said it was going to stop arguing or having angry rants. I don't mind shilling, especially at this hour. It's not like i have other things to do right now
>>
>>120274280
Thank you for caring tho. I appreciate it. I can't promise i'll stop coming to /co/ or post trivia, but i can promise that i'll stop discussing, ranting or picking up fights. No more Shark Tale vs Shrek 2 discussions, for starters
>>
>>120270266
That's a fucking genius dogwhistle.
>>
What i love the most about Astro Boy is the enthusiasm behind it. There was so much care here and i can see why : TMNT was a bigger hit than anyone expected, proving that eastern CG films could be profitable. It seemed that Imagi had a bright future, so they made their next project with lots of enthusiasm and confidence ( plus they recruited a lot of Dreamworks veterans ) It's a very soulful movie
>>
>>120274442
I really, really want to believe this. Please don't let me down.
>>
>>120274585
I won't. No more trivial fights about a film being better, more soulful, heartfelt, funnier or sincere than other. Done with that
>>
what the fuck are half of you people even talking about
>>
Time for a soulful pics thread, because this movie is oozing with soul
>>
>>120274585
He'll be back at it in about 2 hours when someone posts a Shrek meme
>>
>Tobio's memories
>>
>>120274262
ow does a movie like this come to be? Did it really just start with a producer that listened to the song and thought this was funny? Whats the logic behind this kind of shitty movie?
>>
>Zentrix poster easter egg ( Imagi logo included )
>>
>>120274672
It's a fucking commercial film for an old IP and it's as boring and souless as it can be. And nobody cares about it.
>>
>>
>Four-dimensional calculus
>>
>>120274775
This is after Astro solves all of them in a few seconds
>>
>>120274442
>>
>>
Shame those robot designs in the background are only seen here
>>
>>
>>
>Hyoutan-tsugi
>>
>>
>>
Only time i've seen a /co/ film reference Kant or its critique of pure reason
>>
Or Descartes for that matter
>>
>>
I like how Astro doesn't show interest in war machines and flips page
>>
>>120270266

If these slopes never fucked with Pearl Harbor we wouldn’t need to disparage Asian culture. Obama planned it and the Asians executed it.

Pearl Harbor never forget
>>
Flight was more his thing
>>
>>
Widget was cute
>>
>>
Astro's revival scene is so nice to look at with the sunset, grass and that tree. What's that tree called ? Don't remember
>>
>>
>>120270266
Just look at the shot you posted, flat shitty lighting and colors, zero depth or interesting perspective, looks like a cheap tv cartoon.
>>
>Hamegg presents. The greatest event in robo gladiator history : Robomania III
>>
>>120275314
You also see that poster outside his repair shop / orphans' hideout
>>
>>
Even the feather paper sheet had a bit of soul
>>
>Hamegg's repair shop entrance looks like a face
>>
Mate, why the FUCK do you keep making threads on this movie? Why do you have such an obsession with it?
>>
>>120270266

>literal zogbot

Teehee
>>
>>120275479
not op but honestly what's the issue? There are worst threads to have about it, and worst case he ends up talking with other people interested in it.
>>
Cute how she was played by director's daughter
>>
File: DttoePpWsAEsJtb.jpg (122 KB, 900x800)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>lack of marketing
>opposition to it being made by westerners
>its animated so people will think its for kids
>its not Disney or dreamworks so parents won't want to waste money on it
honestly it had alot going against it
but despite that, it was a decent adaptation
>>
>>120270266
zog's fault.
>>
>>
File: King Zog 5.jpg (139 KB, 579x768)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>120270266
King Zog?
>>
>>120275706
>Robot Revolutionary Front logo was a Black Power reference
>>
>>120275769
I love how you can see they graffiti sprayed their logo in any billboard promoting robot slavery
>>
>>120275706
I'm disappointed that no shota artist ever drew them banging Toby
>>
Charlize Theron was a great choice for this intro
>>
>They even do the really important things, like reminding us to call mom on her birthday
https://youtu.be/1vkzsZy9Wj0
>>
>Scary looking robots with spikes being babysitters
>>
>>
>For these guys, no job is too big... or too small
>>
Love the pastel colors in this
>>
>50$
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>120273425
I was genuinely shocked finally looking back at the source material years later and finding ass machine guns canon.
>>
>>
>>
>>120274670
Apparently there's a 3rd-world spic autist that regularly spams both Sharktale and the CGI American Astro Boy movie as both their own threads and unrelated threads because of some weird obsession with them. He also hates Shrek 2 and HTTYD too for some reason and will rant about them when not spamming screencaps of the movies he likes.
>>
Last one
>>
>>120275205
Cherry Blossom I think.
>>
I like how many visual gags there are
>>
>>120276606
Thanks
>>
>>
Still better than the battle droids from the prequels
>>
>>120275479
He's literally mentally ill and is convinced that if he spams this shit enough people will start to give a damn.
>>
>"Releasing potential threat"
They were funny too
>>
I like how the one that took Toby to a safe place didn't go back with Stone and the other troops
>>
>>120276610
I have seen better renders at The Sims 3
>>
>Princess Anna's /co/ debut
This is now best girl thread. I hope someday, when typing Cora gifs on Google Images, some of the ones i post appear among the results
>>
>Nu-uh ! Finders keepers
>>
>They sort of suggested i find a new place, whatever that means
>Dude, it means they kicked you out
>>
>>
Is that what shouting in the wilderness is like? Do you really like to read your own words that much?
>>
most a mega link OP so we can all watch it
>>
Ran out of battery for a while. Sorry
>>
>>120270266
No one cared?
>>
>>
Why is she so cute ?
>>
>>
>>
Reminder that all of these original characters, except for the very few Tezuka ones, were all designed by a single person, and he was argentinian : Luis Grane
>>
>This whole place is a parent-free zone
>>
>>
>>
Once again, i gotta mention that i like how there was no romantic interest between them despite always hanging out. They could've easily gone for a cliched triangle between them and Astro, but choose not to
>>
>Ready, guys ?
>>
>>
Widget running arms extended for a drink is too cute
>>
>>120270266
It wasn’t good. It stripped away everything good about Astro Boy and replaced it with shitty American tropes.
>>
>>120278503
Exactly. I'm not even a fan of Astro Boy that much outside of Pluto but you can really tell which characters were made by Tezuka and which weren't by appearance alone.
>>
>Astro and Widget both give him a thumbs up
>>
>>120278530
Astro, Tenma, Elefun and Mr. Mustachio are the only Tezuka characters here. Hamegg also appears, but he got completely redesigned by the argie to resemble Nathan Lane
>>
>>
>>
>>120278097
We need to nuke argentina
>>
I like how they clink before drinking and sit next to each other
>>
File: 1594982523880.jpg (596 KB, 1280x1968)
596 KB
596 KB JPG
>>120278646
Amen
>>
They overplayed their hand and in attempting to look strong they ended up looking like a bunch of decrepit old stroke patients suffering from dementia marshaling an army of fat desk jockeys who barely know how to use the weapons they're issued.
>>
>>120270474
Anon... you know the comic industry was founded on Jewish work from the start, right? You're not just baiting, right?
>>
>"Want a race ?"
I like this montage a lot, despite the 90's Supergrass song ( only piece of licensed music in the film and only lyrical song in general ) I like how the director choose Supergrass, since he's a brit and that's a british band
>>
>>120278702
Who are you even talking to at this point?
>>
>>120278702
Did your family lock you up in your room today so they could have normal conversations for once or...?
>>
Let's go back to Cora gifs
>>
>Pixar females will never have those irises, since their eyes are 90% black dot, 10% iris
>>
>>120278794
This looks like shit, are you blind?
>>
>>
>>120278753
Why are you gushing over the most generic "Asian with a neon stripe in her hair" design imaginable?
>>
File: colette-11854-normal.jpg (27 KB, 355x500)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>120278831
Still better than this
>>
File: Riley_Andersen.png (482 KB, 511x710)
482 KB
482 KB PNG
>>120278860
>Generic
90% of /co/ CG human females are generic looking or uninspired
>>
>>120278864
No, it's not.
It's also rendered correctly.
>>
>>
>>120278864
>>120278887
Peak contrarianism
>>
It's not going to happen, but if we get a tv show or expansion someday, they should've more of Cora and Widget together
>>
>>120278912
Inside Out doesn't bother me. Ratatouille is way too Calarts tho ( that's Bird for you )
>>
File: 1579488993384.png (726 KB, 500x670)
726 KB
726 KB PNG
>>120278887
My dude, she literally looks like a background extra you would find in those films. Literally her only notable feature is the same streak of color in her hair you find in every single "rebel" character imaginable nowadays.
>>
>>
>>120278957
I do like the clothing. It's kinda original and quirky
>>
I should be asleep hours ago, yet here i am i'm posting gifs from this character from an almost obscure 2009 film. She's not even a waifu. I just find her cute
>>
>>120279036
>It's kinda original
I've seen that exact outfit on nearly every slightly edgy, punk quirky gal character ever imagined.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.14 MB, 1280x720)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
Sharktale anon only has room for 1 CG waifu in his life
>>
Love this scene
>>
She also has a very nice theme
https://youtu.be/fr7sYNE4XNk
>>
File: i'd fuck her.gif (1.67 MB, 400x226)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB GIF
>>120278864
>>
Screw Max and Roxanne. This is more cute
>>
She doesn't get too much screentime during gladiator scene, but her older sister personality is at her best here
>>
File: 1283893286584.jpg (278 KB, 1215x717)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
>>
>Zog seemingly crushes Hamegg
One of my fav moments in this whole film actually
>>
>>120279241
How many times are you gonna gush about your "fav moments" you fuckin autist? You're essentially posting the entire movie frame by frame.
>>
>>120279241
>>
>Widget tries to follow Trashcan to where Stone and his troops are
>>
Okay, let's wrap this up because i'm falling asleep. Why do i keep doing this to myself ? This is the last time i share all these gifs in a row like this
>>
>>120270266
>Released during the SARS outbreak.
>Japanese felt having Chinese develop the film as treachery.
>Despite the age and popularity of the license, it's considered obscure save to a niche audience.

Should have made that Gigantor movie.
>>
>"That has got to be Astro. I don't care if he's a robot. I miss him"
Love how Cora instantly decides to go help Astro and reunite with him the moment she hears Widget say that
>>
>>120279385
Sony was supposed to make an Astro film along Tezuka Productions. They tried to get it off the ground for most of the 2000s, and even got Genndy as director, yet it didn't happen after losing the rights. Eventually, Imagi got the rights in 2006, hired Flushed Away director and this is what we got
>>
>>
>>
Spot on. That's exactly how a teen would react
>>
>>120279571
>>
>Astro is nowhere to be seen after the city lands in the surface
>>
>>
>Astro remembers her when he thinks he's dying for good
Man this film gives me the feels
>>
>>
>That heartbroken expression
>>
Elefun meeting her at the end was nice. Shame we never saw Tenma interact with her
>>
>Who are you ?
>I'm a friend of his from the surface ( closes eyes and looks away ashamed )
>>
File: 300px-King_Zog_I.jpg (24 KB, 300x409)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>120275748
King Zog?
>>
File: What was the black goo.png (233 KB, 622x326)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
>>120278794
Jesus, I forgot there was a obligatory 00's spunky tomboy rebel girl with a dyed streak of hair in this.
Why the fuck would you water down the 'God of Manga's' most famous work with cookie clutter tropes that would be seen as out of date in 2003. Can't you just have a story about Astro finding his 'humanity' while getting in some action packed adventures? Why did they only use about four characters from the manga, why is everyone else's design shit. How hard was it to put Black Jack or Rock Holmes in it, or just make background characters look more Tezukaie? Was Summit Entertainment infected with Not-Gays? Why did a little fish crawl out of Holloways eye?
>>
File: 1610490460688.jpg (13 KB, 347x421)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
I'm beginning to honestly believe these threads are being made specifically to contain Shark Tale fag just so he doesn't stink up any other thread with his terrible opinions and retarded factoids.
>>
>>120270266
Whoo lad.
>>
>>120270266
because the 2003 animu was better in everyway conceivable, what the fuck were they thinking
>>
Since thread is still up, let me post the remaining Cora gifs. Had to turn off to sleep already
>>
>( sobbing ) It's not fair. All he ever did was help people
Kristen's performance here is nice. You can hear Anna in there. I like how she wipes the tear with her full hand
>>
Astro having his iconic look at the end is nice. There's a bit of symbolism there
>>
>>120281955
Director thought 2003 show was too animesque and just more of the same. He wanted to tell his own origin story instead of faithfully adapting the manga like everyone else did. He didn't want to have Tobio dying in a car crash, for instance
>>
It wasn’t marketed well, the trailers made it look like a shitty kids movie, it was up against more well known studios and for the most part it’s a movie based on an IP that hasn’t been popular in the US for years. If it would’ve come out around the 2003-2005 margin, then it would’ve done better since the 2000s Astro Boy show was on Cartoon Network at the time so it would’ve gotten a lot more attention and done better... MAYBE. The reality is that it’s a meh movie overall. Not much to get from it and it’s very much aimed at a VERY young audience. If they really wanted it to be successful, it should’ve gone full Tezuka.
>>
>>120282268
Wow so instead of respecting the source material and just, i dunno, making his own original story completely separate from Astro Boy, he instead ruined the lore of a pre-existing IP with hip current trends to try and sucker people into seeing a movie that wasn't for them alienating both older fans and new comers alike?
>>
I want some of these gifs to appear on Google Images next time i type "Astro Boy Cora gifs". I don't understand how that system works, but try to make it happen. There're no gifs of this character online. Come on, if Roxanne from Goofy Movie can get so many gifs despite not having much in the way of a personality and only a few lines of dialogue, surely she can too
>>
>>120282344
>Very young audience
That's why i like about it. None of that cynicism found in nearly every /co/ film of this decade. It's not afraid to be sincere or really cute. Almost feels like a post Adventure Time work in a way
>>
>Widget's reaction to the hug
>>
I really like how they made her taller and older than him instead of same height or age
>>
>>120282268
>Director thought 2003 show was too animesque
...whut? That's cause Astro Boy IS an anime, it's been an anime since 1963! Did David Bowers not know what Astro Boy was? Why do a movie based on a franchise if you're gonna ignore everything in it?
>>
File: Roxanne.gif (979 KB, 500x250)
979 KB
979 KB GIF
>>120282404
That's cause Roxanne is a cutie patootie, not low poly stylized teen girl model with hair colour strip no.24 from the DAZ Studio marketplace.
>>
Stone's only purpose is drive the plot forward : Partly causing Toby's death by using the red core, causing Astro to fall to surface after getting too enthusiastic with missiles and unintentionally getting Astro and Tenma to reconcile after reuniting them. Even the Peacekeeper fight only has 3 purposes : Having Astro reunite with his friends, have Metro City return to the surface at once and start getting along with the dwellers, and also have Astro prove its humanity to the whole city by sacrificing himself, thus earning its place as a hero and causing robots to become respected as equals. Stone isn't much of a villain. He's just there to drive the story forward with his idiotic choices
>>
>>120282849
Why can't the whole film look this good ? The moment Max wakes up from his nightmare, the animation gets a noticeable downgrade ( becomes a lot more choppy ) Only a few scenes later on look as good or smooth ( waterfall, Powerline's concert )
>>
Cora's mom was played by one of the producers
>>
>>120282677
Sharktalefag, you're doing it again. You said you wouldn't.
>>
sharktalefag I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD
>>
>>120282850
>Stone isn't much of a villain. He's just there to drive the story forward with his idiotic choices
This is why this movie is shit, instead of using existing characters like Blue Knight or Pluto that would give some conflict to Astro on a philosophical level (robot rights vs human lives), they just use some cookie clutter villain who just wants power for powers sake.
>>
>>120282886
Eh, guessing budget. GM still looks pretty good though, especially the Powerline concert!
>>
>>120282912
Jesus...those are some bad models...
And you honestly think Astro Boy looks better than this>>120278864
>>
Rushed, but still effective. You know why this whole ending feels rushed ? Becsuse there's no time skip. The film ends right here. 90% of /co/ films end with a time skip taking place a few days or weeks later in a different location, whereas this ends right after the final battle. Imagi had to rush things at the end. Antz also suffered from this same problem ( it ends right after the colony escapes from the flood and evil general dies )
>>
Toby/Tobio's death was really upsetting in this version.
>>
>>120283159
>Reprogrammed his robot butler to take him to ministry of science instead of going home as Tenma told him
>Gets taken to a safe place ( Tenma tells him to stay there for his safety ) yet he escapes
>Sneaks into the lab, sees Peacekeeper and gets recklessly close to get a better look
He kinda brought it upon himself
>>
>Hold on. This blue core, it's all sweetness and light, right ? I mean, "Save the dolphins", "Give peace a chance", and so forth ?
I like that Lennon reference
>>
Imagine being trapped with this Sharktale jackass during quarantine.
Just. Imagine.
>>
>>120272383
Odds are they already got Daddy on file.
>>
>>120283862
I feel bad for his parents who he almost absolutely still lives with.
>>
>( Stone suggests using the red core )
>( laughs sarcastically and then goes deadspan ) "Oh, you're not joking"
I'll cute Stone some slack : He needed the robot to be threatening for the press conferences and news. It was his one shot at reelection and couldn't risk ruining it. Also, female voters were more partial to the color red. It doesn't help that Tenma and Elefun didn't say much to dissuade him ( Elefun stayed quiet and Tenma only said "Sir, we're not putting something that dangerous into something that dangerous" ) Reminder that Stone was a politician, not a scientist. He only found out about the cores' existence only a few mins ago
>>
File: 1610547360805.gif (1.08 MB, 191x172)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB GIF
>astro boy thread
>ctrl+f "shark"
>10 results

lol based
>>
>>120270487
You ever consider it's Barneyfag levels of autism where other people are impersonating Shark Tale guy now for (You)s? Either way, it's incredible how much seething someone who isn't even that awful generates. If Shark Tale fag is the most annoying thing you've seen on this board you need to lurk moar, I wouldn't even put him up there with the worst I've seen in this shithole.
>>
>It's like a videogame !
Bowers went out of his way to make him as inmature and childlish as possible. I like how the thick scientist is watching annoyed with her arms on hips
>>
>>120278664
fucking kek m8
>>
Can you imagine if this film was made today ? Stone was meant to be a Bush jab, but he'd be a totally different character if this came out post 2016. Bowers is a huge leftist who rambles about politics a lot on Twitter
>>
File: 1579734987280.jpg (362 KB, 1024x576)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
Is this what having a manic episode feels like?
>>
Bowers just wrote this 10 hours ago
>>
File: 20210108140807.jpg (113 KB, 1179x1170)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>
Huh, nice
>>
>>120270266
Astro didnt have a sick ass theme like Man of Steel, if it had that, you would have people defend it
>>
>>120284668
>>120284693
Wow, what a huge faggot. Now i have even more reason to hate Asstro Boipussy
>>
File: 1536922079725.jpg (18 KB, 240x240)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>120274775
I remember hearing this as a kid and thinking "woah, that's so advanced". It's just 2D calculus except it's 4.
>>
>>120284744
He's no Hirsch, but still a huge leftist. Astro Boy had a political agenda for a reason
>>
>>120284842
Last one. I think the point has been made clear
>>
>>120284842
>Astro Boy had a political agenda for a reason
And yet you still have the repugnant idiotic opinion that this somehow makes it is superior to HTTYD. Get the fuck off this site you worthless mongrel
>>
>>120284862
That you're a fucking retard with idiotic opinions regarding both fiction and politics?
>>
>>120270266
>Sharktalefag
>ZOG
>"The Jews did this"
I come to /co/ once a month, what the fuck is this?
>>
>>120284878
I just enjoy it more
>>
Enough with the politics. Let's have some pop culture humor
>>
>One of us ! One of us !
Freaks reference
>>
This was a cute reference
>>
>>120285146
>>
>>120285146
a refence to big spiralling shit, a metaphor for the movie
>>
>>120284955
>>120285093
>>120285146
Wait, don't you constantly have autistic fits over Shrek 2's pop culture references? Why are you celebrating them here?
>>
>>120285264
Because they're absolutely okay and soulful and good when one of his shitty movies does it.
>>
>>120285264
anon you broke him
>>
This entire Astro Boy film is pretty much what Robots would've and should've been if it had some real heart, a semi decent story, a female lead with a personality and, most importantly, didn't try to be Dreamworks at every opportunity
https://youtu.be/ftT4-RfHaWw
https://youtu.be/ZAHvaR70qhw
https://youtu.be/c_Xd1-kCn9I
https://youtu.be/7LtYiyvAOg8
https://youtu.be/MT4JlDD9CSI
https://youtu.be/lRnbMUCRz9M
https://youtu.be/NEH-4Jz3e8I
>>
>>120285716
Don't you change the subject, explain youself. Why are pop culture references okay in Astro Boy but bad in Shrek 2? We can discus why you're wrong about robots later
>>
>>120285748
Because there're only 3 or 5 of them at most instead of more than 50
>>
>>120285975
As a remake of an existing property, it's entire existence is a pop culture reference
>>
>>120286030
I'm not continuing this pointless conversation
>>
>>120286067
Good, and never post again you worthless hypocrite.
>>
>( pretending ) You want a piece of me, Tin Man ?
Oz reference
>>
>>120286220
>keeps posting references
Really just digging your grave here. Just admit you hate shrek 2 because it's popular
>>
>( whispering ) Be cool. I'm just an undercover robot from Metro City
>I knew it ! ( whispers back ) Viva la Roboto-lution
>>
>>120284927
No one cares fag, take your putrid ramblings and stick it on a blog instead of subjecting us to them.
>>
I legit'd watch a spin off about them. They're pretty likeable
>>
>>120285716
Robots is infinitely more creative and enjoyable than Astro Boy and Sharktale even if it isn't a particularly good movie either.
>>
> plutoposter still hasn't shown up

better luck next time
>>
>I hate losing too. If you want proof of that, you can ask any of my wives
Stone was canonically married and also a womanizer
>>
This movie had at least 5 clashing styles of character design. Yet Tezuka's original ones are by far the best

Barely even look like they are from the same movie
>>
>The people are being kept in line at the moment, because there are still lots of shiny new things for them to buy. But more and more Americans are beginning to look beyond their immediate material comfort and to worry about the long-term moral slide of their country. If the economy slips badly, there will be hell to pay. More and more people will listen to the dissidents. A big problem for the Jews is how to silence the dissidents now, how to stifle the people who are asking inconvenient questions and thinking dangerous thoughts, before these thoughts spread to other people. They've tried to do it with legislation, but the country isn't yet in a mood to be told what it can think. What the Jews need is a nice, big war. Then they can crack down on the dissidents. Then they can call us "subversives." Then they can call us "unpatriotic," because we will be against their war... That's why I am convinced that there will be a strong effort to involve America in another major war during the next four years. This effort will be disguised, of course. It will be cloaked in deceit, as such efforts always are. While the warmongers are scheming for war, they will tell us how much they want peace. They're good at that sort of thing. They've had a lot of practice. But they will be scheming for war, believe me, no matter what they say. And when that war comes, remember what you have read today.

What did Astroboy mean by this?
>>
>>120286700
Argie guy was the only character designer. It's not like other /co/ films, which usually have 5 designers
>>
>>120286768
So is that why all but the Tezuka designs sucked?
>>
>>120286768
A good designer can still make things work even with limitations, especially if they need only adapt a previous existing design in another medium. stop fishing for excuses for a designer that did a terrible job just because he shares your nationality.
>>
>>120286768
>the film's design reminds me a bit of the Iron Giant
Is that interviewer fucking blind?
>>
>>120286768
It is amazing how his minimal talent failed so spectacularly then. He pulled from many sources but failed to make it cohesive.

Plus you know, he isn't cause there are still OG designs in there
>>
>( Tenma and Elefun betray Stone by snatching the core away and reactivating Astro )
>"Arrest them inmediately ! I want them shot for treason"
Geez, it's a good thing the Peacekeeper rampage happened, or they've gotten executed
>>
Serious question : Is there anyone in this board who regards this movie as one of his fav CG films out there ? Anyone or just me ?
>>
>>120287293
Like its bad writing or something
>>
>>120287350
No, doesn't even register in my top 50
>>
>>120287350
I enjoy this film anon. don't worry.
>>
>>120287350
Why would anyone? It wouldn't be high on the list of fans of Astro Boy considering how much it changes for the worse and for people who don't care for Astro Boy it's just another forgettable CGI movie from the 00s that wasn't Pixar, Dreamworks, or Disney. If you want a real underrated CGI movie go watch something with some actual inspiration like Rango or Tintin rather than this generic trash.
>>
>>120287445
Like, having seen a good majority of CG /co/ films, i can easily say this is one of my favorites ( especially if we're discussing non Pixar or Disney )
>>
>>120287566
Rango is fantastic and one of my fav as well. Tintin was just spectacle without substance imo. By the numbers Spielberg
>>
>>120287611
Still better than this garbage.
>>
Sad how Astro could've easily escaped there, yet he choose to surrounder after Hamegg's betrayal and especially losing Cora's affection ( unaware that she had a change of heart after he refused to fight Zog and then spared Hamegg from getting crushed )
>>
>>120287611
>by the numbers Spielberg
Do you talk in anything other than generic fucking wannabe Youtuber critic speak?
>>
Despite Stone being a manchild, he was still a slight improvement over the TMNT villains. Winters and those stone generals were really weak replacements for Shredder. Either way, it's clear that creating antagonists wasn't Imagi's strong suit
>>
>>120287987
Jesus, why is that guy's head so fucking big? Zero consistency in character design.
>>
>>120288030
Huh, never noticed that. Good point
>>
Now i have to leave in a few mins, so i'll quickly post some Orrin gifs
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>120288461
Please leave now
>>
>( sees that Toby is back from the dead as a robot )
>"Well, i must say, it's very nice to see you again"
Tenma rolling his eyes gets me
>>
>( sees Tenma telling a robot copy of his dead son that he'll homeschool him from now on )
>"I'm so freaked !"
>>
>>
Argie nailed this design. He's cute
>>
>>
>>120273770
Is this sarcasm? That scene was creepy.
>>
>>
>I'm impressed. Not knocked out, but impressed
>>
>Now, that's impressive, Master Toby
>Just Toby is fine, Orrin
Yeah i rest my case. This is more cute than HTTYD. Saccharine ? Sure, but still more cute
>>
>>120289041
It's fucking uncanny as fuck and disgusting to look at.
>>
Gotta leave now. This was a fun thread about one of my fav CG films ever, and i'm not even OP. I leave you with the teaser trailer, which was my very first exposure to it. I love how the tagline was "Have a Blast". It's like they knew they had a very fun movie in their hands
https://youtu.be/Bos26xMIx5w
>>
>>120289130
>This was a fun thread
How much fun do you find getting called a cunt every single time you post gifs nobody gives a shit about?
>>
>>120289130
>This was a fun thread
What thread? This was essentially just you blogposting about a movie with everyone else calling you an autistic retard like usual
>and i'm not even OP
Sure you weren't
>I love how the tagline was "Have a Blast"
You loved the most generic tagline imaginable? It is a perfect tagline for the movie in that sense I suppose
>>
>>120287350
No, and today I remembered that it's a fuck-ugly movie.
>>
>>120288914
Autists can't sarcasm, he honestly likes it
>>
>>120287350
Astro Boy started off as a good movie but went to shit in the 2nd Act with the Wastelands. The climax was generic too. I wanted to like it but it suffered from too many dull robot characters, underdeveloped villains, and a boring MC.
>>
>>120270322
(((ZOG)))
>>
>>120270266
(((Who can it be now)))
>>
Alright give it to me straight: which e-celeb reviewed this movie.
>>
>>120289887
No one. It was about time it got a following. Treasure Planet isn't the only /co/ sci fi flop
>>
>>120290706
Yeah but Treasure Planet is actually good, Astroboy isn't
>>
>>120289174
Not him but god the people who bump these threads bitching about him are on another level of retardation.

At the very least, STfag generates discussion around /co/ media. Hijacking that to make endless offtopic meta posts telling him to fuck off to a blog and shit for discussing /co/ is way more annoying than he could ever be.
>B-but he hijacks our threads first
If his posts are ontopic, it's not hijacking just because you don't like him. If it really is offtopic/spam, report button exists.
>B-but he's lowering the quality of the board
Oh fuck better make way for thinly veiled /aco/ thread #2848309

Following ST from thread to thread to bitch at him is worse autistic behaviour, because as annoying as you may find him, he's still contributing something of value. Bitching at a guy who doesn't give a shit about your whining and bumping his threads so he can keep doing what you hate is retarded. Yoel is based as fuck for dunking on you authoritarian autismos with his Astro wisdom.
>>
>>120290918
TP is kinda boring and suffers from a very bland, mopey protagonist and too much comic relief ( Doppler, Morph and BEN ) It's also got worldbuilding flaws
>>
>>120291145
Jim is a fine protagonist and his mopey nature is a little understandable given his dad left him in his formative years. He certainly has far more nuance and character development than any character in Astro Boy. The only real failure in Treasure Planet's comic relief is BEN but fortunately he's only in the film for all of 20 minutes. I have no idea what you have against it's world building as it doesn't go into enough detail to be contradictory and what's presented is pretty straight forward.
>>
>>120289041
HTTYD really does give a bad first impression. Opening 10 mins are not very good : It's too frantic with the the dragons raiding Berk before you get to know the characters, takes place during nighttime so lighting and visibility are very low, Hiccup snarkily narrates and provides exposition, and there're a few unfunny jokes. Things start to improve a bit when Hiccup frees Toothless in the woods. Their interactions are the highlight of the movie, but that's only because there's barely any dialogue. During the training scenes with Hiccup's classmates, that's when the annoying Dreamworks quirks show up the most ( Jonah Hill and TJ Miller do their usual thing in these scenes ) HTTYD only truly shines during the scenes with barely any dialogue, like the flight scenes, action scenes and Hiccup bonding with Toothless. Whenever it decides to focus on dialogue, it becomes your typical Dreamworks film ( "can i transfer to the class with the cool vikings ?" )
>>
>>120291076
Are you his dad or something
>>
>>120291435
Sharktalefag, what the fuck, you didn't even manage 24 hours. You said you'd stop picking fights over these movies and here you are again.
>>
>>120291258
Something about TP just failed to click with me. I wanted to like it, seriously. I know Musker and Clements wanted to make it for years or that Glen Keane poured his heart when animating Silver.... but i found it boring and not engaging, full of dead spots, weak jokes and a lack of momentum
>>
>>120291454
Just wanted to say my final thoughts. HTTYD is a mixed bag of a film. It's got its pros and cons. Regardless, I don't think it's aged very well : characterizations feel very old fashioned and dated nowadays ( especially Astrid ), story is way too simplistic and basic despite being well paced, and it doesn't feel special or unique anymore after GoT or Vikings. More importantly, it just lacks that joyful or soulful spark i always look forward when watching an animation movie. Astro Boy does have that spark imo, which is why i prefer it
>>
>>120291076
>people who bump these threads
Oh because the guy who posts a whole movie by himself wasn't bumping it already.

He doesn't generate discussion, any attempted is drowned out by him making 40 random observations of oh this is so nice this was so funny. It is like watching a toddler review a movie
>>
>>120291674
I really think that, despite its Smashmouth songs and Matrix joke, Shrek still holds up better in 2021 and is still the superior movie, because it has two things that HTTYD doesn't have : nuance and a big strong beating heart
>>
>>120291674
>>120291819
God please shut the fuck up, we get you have bad taste. Move on.
>>
>>120291839
Why didn't HTTYD have any nuance ? It should've had some, especially with such a simplistic story. KFP got it right. That film also had a simple story, but it also had nuance ( everything regarding Shifu and Tai Lung ) that elevated it into something more substantial
>>
>>120291965
I really believed in you Sharktalefag. I really did. You're a fucking liar.
>>120274442
>>
The strange thing about Astro Boy as a film is that it never conveys any morals or even has a protagonist that goes through an arc. There're no morals in this movie and Astro never really changes as a person. Tenma is the only character to go through an arc. More than anything, this movie is just Astro trying to find acceptance and his place in the world, meeting several colorful characters and such.

I absolutely love this movie, but Bowers really missed the opportunity to make something more nuanced and complex, especially regarding Astro's psychology and his memories of Tobio. There were a lot of possibilities for maturity here, but it seems he just wanted to tell a fun and mostly lighthearted origin story instead. That's fine by me, but i fully understand if people something more
>>
>>120292030
I didn't want to start a fight there. Just wanted to make a reasonable point. I guess i'll just have to stop making comments like that, no matter how innocuous they are
>>
It makes me angry how Astro had no audio commentary recorded for it. I was looking forward to hear Bowers talk and reveal info for 86 minutes
>>
>>120292144
To be fair, you can't expect that much maturity or darkness from an Aardman veteran. We're talking about Flushed Away director here. If they had gotten someone like Genndy or Brad Bird, surely we'd be looking at something different ( more edgy and mature, but not as heartfelt or cute )
>>
>>120292179
You should just stop posting in general
>>
File: You are lying.png (621 KB, 649x681)
621 KB
621 KB PNG
>>120291145
>Says Treasure Planet has a bland protagonist and poor world building
>Loves Astro Boy 09
>>
>>120293372
Look, i agree that Astro has a bland personality, but the other characters are entertaining enough to carry it to the finish line
>>
>>120293372
>( Tenma starts berating Astro for being mischievous )
>"I, um, perhaps encouraged Master Toby, sir"
It's moments like these that carry it for me in spite of its shortcomings. It's got likeability and charm, and that goes a long way sometimes
>>
1: Americanizing a foreign character comes with interesting results.
2: It would've worked better if it were in 2D.
3: The script wasn't good and if it was good AB wouldn't have a bland personality.
4: Should've been animated by people from NIHON to make it look like the characters from the original show(s) and other things.
Overall if they try again minus the bullshit Hollywood manages to crap out during its constipation and actually give a damn, we could see a better and faithful-to the-original adaptation.
>>
>>
>>120293435
>he says that
>when Silver and Amelia are in Treasure Planet
bad takes as usual
>>
>>120293435
I don't think I can name a single character that isn't Tenma, and even then I only know Tenma because of the anime and because he's voiced by Nicolas Cage for some reason.
>>
>>120293673
Astro always had a bland personality. He was boring in the manga and adaptations imo
>>
>>120293734
I really need to rewatch TP and see if it finally clicks with me. I've watched it 3 times already, and it still doesn't do anything for me. It may be the linear story or the way Sarah just dissapears after Jim starts his journey. I just know something doesn't click, but don't know what it is yet
>>
>>120293572
>muh charm
>muh likeability
>muh soul
Jesus H. Christ, if you're going to blogpost about this mediocre movie can you at least do something more than spout the same handful of empty buzzwords? Your incessant commentary has provided nothing of value beyond trying to justify your own autism.
>>
>>120293814
I just find it a nice movie with its heart in the right place
>>
>>120293808
>or the way Sarah just dissapears after Jim starts his journey.
What, you expected his innkeeper mother to join him on his journey? This is pretty standard "leaving home for the first time to travel new lands" hero's journey stuff here.
>>
>>120293814
It's a bit weird isn't it? He doesn't ever refer to narrative terms like pacing, character development, or conflict resolution. He can't seem to articulate artistic qualities like lighting, cinematography, or layout. He can't even seem to pin point what proper art design is. It's like hearing a child describe their admiration for a film who's just too young to completely comprehend why they like it.
>>
>>120293879
Keep it to yourself than faggot, no one else cares. I like shit that's unpopular too but I don't spam boards about it because I want more people to be aware of it. Your commentary is less than nothing. In fact, I've come to dislike Sharktale and Astro Boy more than ever before thanks to your autism when originally they weren't even worth my attention. If all you want to do is post gifs go start a fucking tumblr or something. At best, no one here cares about your posts and at worst they are actively shitting on you. Take a hint, go away.
>>
>>120293751
How do you make him not have a bland personality?
>>
>Excuse me robot. Thank you
Poor Orrin didn't get any respect
>>
>>120293892
You hit the nail right on the head. All he's been doing is describing a handful of small touches you can see in nearly every sort of animated movie nowadays if you bother to pay attention yet he acts like this is some underrated gem because there happens to be stuff in the background. It would be one thing if this movie had a solid foundation but it doesn't and this is all they have to cling to.
>>
this movie feels like it had all the edge and bite taken out of it
despite the plot being about a robot recreation of a dead kid
>>
>( Tenma tells him to take the day off and never call him "sir" ever again, telling him to call him Bill instead )
>"I'm freaked right now"
Yeah, Tenma's first name is Bill in this
>>
>>120294290
No anon that's all the SOUL and WHOLESOMENESS, movies can't be meanspirited or have any hint of edge! That's why Shrek 2 and HTTYD are the worst movies ever made!
>>
File: 1553390157619.jpg (30 KB, 576x432)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>120294305
>Tenma's first name is Bill in this
His first name is Umataro
>>
>>120282369
>>120282664

he probably browses /co/ and debates people on why cartoons and comics are superior art form over anime and manga
>>
>>120294336
Okay, okay, let me clarify : HTTYD is good. I just don't think it's one of the best animation films ever or even a classic, but it's still good. Not a fan of Shrek 2 at all tho
>>
>Peacekeeper hiding
This appears right at the very end of the credits
>>
>>120293892
He's said before that he doesn't consider cinematography important to a movie, which is how you know to never take his opinion seriously.
>>
>( he tries to come up with a new name with more personality for Toby and suggests a female name. Sparx just stares at him )
>>
I love how he suddenly turns off for a moment here and nobody comments on it, like it happens regularly
>>
>( they mention Hamegg's name and spit on it )
>Sparx spits in a chill way, arms on hips
>Robotsky spits aggresively with an angry expression
>Mike spits an ice cube
>>
File: 1608772674564.png (189 KB, 532x837)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
>>120294678
How could someone have taste this garbage? I guess I shouldn't be surprised when this is the same guy that has Sharktale as his favorite movie.
>>
Okay, let's wrap this thread at once. Going to sleep early today after only sleeping 4 hours for staying up late sharing gifs. What are your thoughts on this movie as a whole ?
>>
>>120295104
its alright
alot of nice robots
>>
>>120295104
How many times have you typed this exact phrase? You're literally losing sleep spamming bullshit no one wants to see, I can't imagine anything more pathetic...
>>
>>120295104
I would watch it
but no one ever uploads a mega link for it
>>
>>120295104
I don't like it, but I hate you even more.
>>
>>120295326
Here's a kisscartoon link. Use HLS Server 2
https://www3.kisscartoon.love/astro-boy-2009/?server=photos
>>
>>120280438
oy vey
>>
The comic adaptation of this movie had some nice art.
>>
>>120293708
>TFW the Capitol Riot is over...
>>
>>120294868
What the hell were they thinking with these designs? You'd think with the robot characters they could stylize them more than the human characters. Here's a chance to make your robots standout against the competition by embracing Tezuka's retro futurism! But no, lets just make every robot out of sphere's and cubes (don't forget the sci-fi greeble!) and call it a day. I'm sure ST fag will write a reply explaining why he likes these designs and how 'charming' and 'heartfelt' they are...
>>
even the RRF, who have a legitimate point, are played as a joke.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.