[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>wins the throne he is entitled to fair and square
>gets overthrown by a coup before his reign even starts
>he’s the bad guy

What?
>>
He DIDN'T win it though. Black Panther survived so the original duel didn't end. Killmonger refused to continue the duel and attacked him in armor making his rule null and void by violating the terms of ascension.
>>
>>119156800
He's the bad guy because of the super wrong things he believes in, and the way he blames everyone for his problems and then uses his problems to excuse him for committing crimes against others.
the monarchy thing he did fair and square, which is the main reason monarchy's a sham.
>>
>>119156847
The duel ends one of two ways, someone conceeds, or someone dies. T'challa did NOT die, nor did he conceed. He returned ready to complete the duel which, by Wakanda law, MUST be unenhanced, unarmed combat. Killmonger attacked him while enhanced abd while armed, violating the law of the duel.
>>
>>119156847
No he won, they brought Black Panther back to life but the duel was OVER, T’Challa already crossed over to meet his dad meaning he DIED
>>
>>119156800
>>119156847
this entire system is retard, and they want to sell wakanda as some super advanced black civilization, when in reality that shit would nuke itself on a never ending civil war of tribes.
>>
>>119156915
Ever hear of a near death experience?
>>
>>119156902
And T’Challa died, Killmonger already won just because they used mumbo jumbo to bring him back to life doesnt mean Killmonger didnt already kill him in the first place, he won
>>
>>119156800
He a literal terrorist/murder that committed several acts of terrorism and murders.
>>
>>119156935
Nigga he was already in the afterlife and they needed magic to bring him back, near death my ass he was dead the original duel was over
>>
>>119156800
>gets overthrown by a coup before his reign even starts
T'Challa never yielded.
>>
>>119156915
If he's dead, why the fuck did he show up ready to kick Killmonger in the dick? You get kicked in the dick by a lot of dead guys?
>>
>>119156800
>>wins the throne he is entitled to fair and square
You win by killing or by submitting the king, T'challa sure as shit didn't do either of those
>>
>>119156939
>Killmonger already won just because they used mumbo jumbo to bring him back to life
He was still clinging to life when they healed him. He never died.
>>
MODS
>>
>>119156915
He saw his dad and the ancestors because they fed him the heart shaped herb to heal him. He wasn't dead.
>>
>>119156980
This. Part of putting him on ice was like a life support.
>>
File: 1447838910275.png (221 KB, 500x600)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
>society with hyper advanced technology
>ruling system still operates on barbaric tribal rituals
Its genuinely baffling to me people hold this movie up as some paragon of African empowerment but it here you have these highly advanced societies still settling disagreements with shirtless spear point competitions. Like are you guys for fucking real?
>>
>>119156800
I think the point was to address how trial by combat was a stupid as fuck tradition to determine a nation's leader
>>
>>119157018
Literal spear-chuckers too
>>
>>119157018
What about being knighted by the Queen of England or poke bodyguard walking around with medieval weapons? Or many practices committed by religious groups?
>>
>>119157056
So he is the hero that a certain demographic desires.
>>
>>119156958
>You get kicked in the dick by a lot of dead guys?

Once, sometimes twice a week. Same guy every time too.

I'm seriously considering moving out of this haunted ass house.
>>
>>119156902
>>119156847
Getting injured to the point of needing medical attention to avoid death should count as a TKO.
>>
>>119157112
Submission or death, no in-betweens
>>
>>119157112
Other than his inner circle, the rest of them weren't aware that he "died".
>>
>>119157103
see >>119157039
>>
>>119157018
A big part of the plot of the film is realizing that traditions need to serve a purpose or they hinder and cripple a country. It's why T'challa ended the isolation, Killmonger was a direct result of Wakanda slavishly following their customs
>>
>>119157076
>a queen placing a sword on your shoulder and giving you a title
>lets get naked and literally chuck spears at each other!
Having trouble gathering all those straws up?
>>
>>119157164
I don't get what you're trying to say by this.
>>
>>119157103
You seriously didn't need to make your own thread
>>
>>119156800
>be a basketball American kid.
>dad is killed by his brother.
>live on the street.
>somehow blame your father's death on white people.
>join the military and enter special ops.
>is tasked to kill, yet pretends he was forced to kill his brothers by white people when he did it willingly.
>steal shit for no reason and pretend it was yours via larp.
>somehow blame white people for all your problems.
>take throne by killing the previous leader, then proceed to burn your shit down and somehow blame that too on white people.
>get injured and is dying, decides to larp one more time and blame his death on white people and that he was a noble dindu.
Was BP the most accurate basketball culture adaption of recent history?
>>
>>119157018
Honestly, the dumbest fucking thing is they didn't do anything about Erik. I can't remember if T'Challa's dad mentions knowing about him later on, I presume he did, but it was a total dick move to leave your fucking nephew flapping in the breeze. I can't imagine any tradition that's like "no, a Wakandan born out in the world needs to be just fucking left there when you execute his family for treason without any sort of trial."
>>
File: 1605581384248.gif (1.79 MB, 273x275)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB GIF
US movie normalizing foreign coups?
never would have guessed
>>
>>119157304
>>somehow blame your father's death on white people.
>>somehow blame white people for all your problems.
I'm pretty sure he blamed Wakanda and the whole genocide thing was just an excuse to start a war
>>
>>119157018
Maybe the world would be a little better if every now and then politicians had to kill each other.
>>
>>119156915
He didn’t die, he lived, just barely
>>
>>119157304
Killmonger mainly said those things to rile people up. In all seriousness we probably just some dude hellbent on seeing how many people he could kill regardless of anything like race. Dude literally wanted to watch the world burn and used Wakanda to do it.
>>
>>119157327
He was lucky that T'chaka being the asshole that he is didn't assassinate him too for being associated with N'Jobu.
>>
>>119156800
>Abandoned by hi-tech royal family
I'd go full liberian on those assholes if that was the case.
>>
>>119156800
>>119156919
The funny thing is that not even blacks people deny that Wakanda pretty much is what would happen if Africans got advanced Tech
>>
>>119156800
his plan was to play shitty rap music and bring refugees into a peaceful urbanized country, he's lucky he got as far as he did
>>
>>119157304
Sounds realistic to me
>>
>>119157578
What are you talking about?
>>
>>119157425
>Dude literally wanted to watch the world burn and used Wakanda to do it.

Almost. He hated the white world for treating what he saw as his people like shit, but he also hated Wakanda for letting that happen and killing his dad. Killmonger has two enemies here, and he came up with a plan designed to make them fight each other. Given its tech advantage Wakanda would *probably* win, but it would have paid a bloody price to do so and its isolationism would be ended.
>>
File: batman nod.webm (38 KB, 465x477)
38 KB
38 KB WEBM
>>119157304
Yes. But its consider racist to discuss it.
>>
>>119157623
>Sounds realistic to me
Except that's just a list of every problem he had at all and then suddenly just saying he blamed it on why people just because. He actually motivated by his mostly legitimate problems with rukanda. That's why the Black Panther decided to start helping out the world with the abilities a nation state of wakanda.
>>
File: oh anon.jpg (53 KB, 255x210)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>119156800
OP, he's the bad guy because he literally said he was gonna use Wakanda's super advanced macguffin technology to overtake the rest of the world.
>>
>>119157718
Until he wants to give weapons to random black people throughout the world to genocide whites
>>
>>119157748
I believe he talked about taking power away from the whites and giving it to each his own people that's completely bad a major war crimes he wanted to encourage people to commit but I don't recall anything about white genocide.
>>
>>119156847
You could argue that T'challa's family nursing him back to heath counts as interfering in an ongoing combat. So by that logic he gets disqualified from the duel.
>>
>>119156800
If they wanted to blame white people the right way they could've made it about resource greedy corporatist and t'chalala abandonment issues as a side plot...but fuck white people yay?
>>
>>119157932
>but fuck white people yay?
Exactly what part of the movie was f*** white people?
>>
>>119157463
Is Erik Simba?
His dad gets killed by his uncle
Lies about it
Lives like an outcast
Returns to get the kingdom.
>>
>>119157828
What do you think “taking power from whites” entails when you are giving people guns? What do you think Hitker did to take power from Jews?
>>
>>119158141
>What do you think Hitker did to take power from Jews?
Jewish people never had this power Hitler talked about constantly. Using a historical example based on conspiracy theories. Genocide is deliberately is committed mass murders in order significantly decrease or exterminate a population.You can take power away from a group without committing genocide like when power was taken away from apartate South Africa.
>>
>>119158016
Mufasa wasn't an asshole that betrayed and killed his own people for personal gains. And all N'Jobu got to show for his betrayal is living in the projects.
>>
>>119158231
> Jewish people never had this power Hitler talked about constantly.
Neither do whites people but it doesn’t matter, when one group is willing to use violence against another to take perceived power it’s going to end in bloodshed
>>
>>119158231
> like when power was taken away from apartate South Africa.
They didn’t use WNDs to do it anon. Are you retarded?
>>
>>119158334
Have you ever read about Martin Luther King and about how black people are still subject of racial Injustice to this day?Also lauded this problem has to do with the law enforcement community who definitely has power.
>>
>>119158481
>Martin Luther King
Was for non violent resolution, not genociding whites people with guns. Also the systematic racism conspiracy theory is just as much of an unfounded conspiracy theory as Hitler and the Jews
>>
>>119158508
I will continue to argue with you but I got banned just yesterday for talking about Israel.
>>
>>119158481
Have you read about the racial injustice hitler said the Jews commit against whites? Racists like to blame all of their issues on another race, doesn’t make it true
>>
>>119158481
It’s utterly amazing how SJWs are ideologically no different from nazis and yet can’t understand this despite in the same paragraph saying it was wrong when Hitler did it but 100% ok if we do it.
>>
>>119156800
>Well, congratulations! You got yourself King! Now what's the next step in your master plan? >Killmonger: Crashing this country... with no survivors!
That's why he's the bad guy.
>>
>>119156800
>implying the law is always 100% right
If that were the case superheroes wouldn't exist.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.