[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Does anybody still make tarts anymore?
>>
they're very popular everywhere here in canada, just made some myself the other day
>>
Yea, usually for the holidays

I'll be making another batch for easter.
>>
Only bought tards. Never made them
>>
>>18856263
the entire country of Australia makes tarts instead of pies, and sometimes they even try to market then as pies but there are no goddamn fruit pies at all here, just tarts
>>
>>18856501
Hello American guy who lives in Australia. How's the weather?
>>
>>18856263
savory tarts yeah
>>
>>18856263
Yeah they're called English single mothers HELLO
>>
File: IMG_2004.jpg (959 KB, 2048x1536)
959 KB
959 KB JPG
>>18856555
Hello anon. It's getting hot as fuck today but I'm inside keeping fairly cool. I live in a two-storey townhouse and downstairs stays relatively cavelike. Although we haven't gotten a proper heatwave since I moved here, so several 35ยบ+ days in a row might overwhelm the brick
>>
>>18856636
Glad to hear it, Billy.
>>
>>18856639
https://youtu.be/4M-ZSfQsvxo
>>
w2c tart molds/shells/whatever that aren't teflon/non stock insert chemical thing here
>>
I make farts every day
>>
>>18856495
No. I don't imagine you have.
>>
I'm listening
>>
>>18856263
I used to make apple tarts but I can't find the russeted apples anymore. For some reason everyone has stopped growing them.
>>
>>18856263

ive only had sad grocery store tart. i wish i could have a nice home made one.
>>
>>18856495
Tart bases are usually easy to find, just making a filling and topping with whatever you want really.
Could make a syrup or a coulis if you're feeling fancy
>>
>>18856263
I bake a lot and have been trying to branch out lately doing these little tarts n shit. Honestly if I'm gonna make more work for myself with all the extra dishes and stuff instead of just making a pie I'd probably prefer to make like cream horns or something that looks and feels like the work I put into it. The tarts I've made were good, but a pie is like one tenth the effort for basically the same thing and even when I've had guests they didn't seem to prefer one over the other.

What's the deal? I always thought it might just be about the crust being better at that size, but the one in the OP looks thick as fuck and it better be a damn tasty crust cause that's gonna be half the fucking dish.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.