[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (1.82 MB, 1200x800)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
Hey /ck/
Can we talk about Ramen?
Ramen is my favorite and I wish I knew how to make good tonkatsu, I can make Miso but it's not remotely the same.
>>
I will be frying a chicken in peanut oil soon, and using the carcass to make stock. I have no idea how to make ramen but intend to use this stock and leftover chicken for the ramen, along with homemade noodles. Please advise, sirs.
>>
>>18854093
sounds like you're on the right track dude.
>>
It's not the kind of food that's normally made at home just because of the time taken to make it.

Honestly it's the kind of dish someone in a ten meter square noodle bar makes all day and dishes out for $6. That's what it is, it's not even restaurant food.

To make it at home i pressure cook the blanched pork bones then leave the protein to settle out.
Then i just grill the marinated meat
>>
>>18854103
I like how we are slowly getting more Ramen shops in America at least.
>>
>>18854090
i grew up on instant ramen, i cant look at ramen as anything other than cheap food
doesnt happen with other noodle soups though
>>
>>18854106
Real ramen is way better dude.
>>
>>18854107
ive had ramen made in a ramen shop in america but it looks really done up, like in the way people add gold to food
>>
>>18854109
ha, I see what you mean. We've got a few Ramen Shops here in GA and they are rather good. All of it's made from scratch and most of them are owned by lil old Korean couples.
>>
>>18854111
>All of it's made from scratch
this sounds good
how much is per a bowl?
>>
>>18854090
I'm going to give making it a shot. Anyone know of any tonkotsu recipes? Got a good source of quality pig feet already.
>>
>>18854115
Depends on the place, this one place is $13 but that's cheap too considering it's a SHIT LOAD
>>
>>18854117
thats on the higher side in san diego
its like $8-15 depending on the broth/type of ramen
>>
I think making authentic ramen recipes is overrated. Still delicious, those authentic Japanese recipes, but I think it's more satisfying to build your ramen to your personal liking while still maintaining the elements that make it Japanese ramen.

Traditional Japanese ramen recipes use kombu and bonito fish flakes as the base for the broth, and while that is delicious, you can still achieve the savory umami base broth with other things and achieve a result that most people couldn't tell the difference from.

other sources of umami besides kombu and bonito flakes:
>yeast extract or "marmite"
>fish sauce
>soy sauce
>dried salted or canned anchovies
>red miso
>dried mushrooms
>savory/umami seasoning blends (which often contain some yeast extract and dried mushroom)
>MSG obviously
>any meat-based stock like chicken stock or beef stock
>bouillon paste or bouillon stock cubes
In fact, many store-bought stock and bouillon paste/cubes contain some yeast extract specifically for the reason that it tastes like meat. Meat imitation products usually will use a combination of yeast extract and MSG to achieve fake beef and chicken flavors without any animal products, so that stuff alone is powerful.

And then there's the noodles. Check the ingredients. If your noodles aren't made with both wheat and alkaline salts, they aren't really ramen noodles. Alkaline salts or minerals may include potassium carbonate, potassium bicarbonate, magnesium sulfate, magnesium chloride, calcium chloride. I've heard you can boil even plain pasta noodles in water with baking soda to get a similar texture to ramen noodles but I have not tried that. I feel like baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) would just end up making the noodles taste kind of soapy.

Soy sauce is a must in ramen broth, even if it's not shoyu ramen.
>>
>>18854103
How does it take long? Just stock + noodles + chicken and whatever seasonings, plus an egg, some shiitakes and fried garlic.
>>
File: gelatin.jpg (245 KB, 1238x1500)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
Rather than stressing about simmering animal parts like pig feet and bones for several hours to extract the gelatin for your soup......... just buy powdered gelatin.
>>
>>18854121
i had some really good ramen in downtown san diego one time
>>
>>18854090
>wish I knew how to make good tonkatsu
take a bunch of pigs feet cut in half and a chicken carcass or two (depending on your stock pot size) and wash them well
if you want a light end product you also need to blanch these first and wash them again while removing anything brown like blood/organ parts left behind/dark bone marrow, but this only affects look, not taste and is a pain in the ass to do properly.
put them in the stockpot along with rough chopped onions, garlic, ginger, leeks and spring onions (keep the green parts for adding to the finished soup) and mushrooms. if you're on a budget then just onions & garlic. some people heavily brown the vegetables first, some don't. it's up to you, your choice.
bring it to a high heat boil, skim off the scum, use paper towels to get any that has stuck to the pot itself
give it about 20 minutes and get it down to a gentle simmer/slow boil
how long you leave it is up to you, but 4 hours is your minimum, 6 hours is where I'd stop. Restaurants might go 8/10/12 hours because they're leaving shit overnight but you get diminishing returns and after 12 you're just wasting gas/electricity.
strain and serve with noodles and meat.
if you really feel it necessary, add soy sauce, salt & pepper, sesame oil, fresh garlic or chilli to taste.
>>
Knowing that ramen noodles are alkaline, another way you can make your own homemade ramen noodles besides using alkaline water is from egg whites. Not the whole eggs, just the whites.

Egg whites are naturally alkaline and basic, and the older the eggs are the more basic they are.
The yolks can be used to enrich your soup.
>>
>>18854104
Oh yes and the food THE FOOD it's AMAZING
>>
>>18854090
maruchan instant ramen is literally the only ramen worth having.
everything else is an overpriced meme.
>>
>>18854440
trust me, don't put that garbage into your body. AT LEAST get something like Ichiban. It's 100xs better.

Instant ramen was created as a simple fast meal but it's seriously unhealthy.
>>
>>18854134
As long as 12 hours for the broth if you are making tonkotsu. 1-2 days to marinate the eggs. Chasu pork is around 3 hours so that you can make while the broth is boiling.
Most of it is passive cooking. It just takes a long time.
>>
>go to this popular ramen shop with good reviews
>noodles are obviously store bought plastic
>ask the shop if it’s homemade
>”we make the bross”
>engaged check the reviews again
>notice none of the reviewers have asian sounding names
>look around
>surrounded by clueless whites
>>
>>18854451
ichiban, maruchan, and nissin have the same nutritional value.

>seriously unhealthy
you're exaggerating. not healthy, yes, by itself. but even so, "seriously" unhealthy? don't be so dramatic. instant ramen packets like those brands above are just pasta with oil, and the seasoning packets are very salty. that's all that's unhealthy about them, but even as is it's not /seriously/ unhealthy unless if someone was retarded enough think that was a complete meal and ate nothing but instant ramen packets every day. It's no more unhealthy than any pasta, meat, or fruit by itself.

If you ate no food whatsoever and you only drank water, you'd die of hunger. Does that mean water is seriously unhealthy? No, faggot.
>>
>>18854090
>I wish I knew how to make good tonkatsu
Am I missing something? Literally just pound, bread, and fry some pork tenderloin, you shouldn't even need a recipe. All you really need is a thermometer for the frying oil.
>>
>>18854134
This is like saying barbecue is as easy as putting things on a gas grill for 5 minutes a side.
>>
What is even the point of fried meat cutlets - getting a nice crispy fried breaded crust on meat, if you're going to cover it in wet sauce or submerge it in soup broth after it's been fried?
>>
>>18854664
Who knows. It's as dumb as drowning fries in chili cheese sauce or gravy. Who wants to eat soggy fries?
>>
File: BeyondBerief.jpg (14 KB, 512x512)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Hello guys, I'm going to a Thai restaurant for lunch. What's a good thing to order besides Pad Thai? I want to try something different
>>
>>18854783
if you like chili heat, gaeng pa (jungle curry) is delicious, light, fresh, aromatic
>>
>>18854783
Kaprow
>>
>>18854783
Thai curry is good. Try the golden curry
>>
File: qlp2gdf1ml981.jpg (82 KB, 750x732)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>18854090
Making Ramen tonight! Going to add cabbage and ham, what else should I add? What do you guys like in your ramen?
>>
>>18854140
This is the way.
But it’s high effort and takes forever. Which is why I’d just rather go and get delicious Tonkotsu ramen from a ramen place.
>>
>>18854634
They are flash fried noodles. Which is nasty. It’s not the same as pasta. And the broth is nothing like a nutritious real broth.
>>
Ramen is good but dry noodle dishes will always be goat. Dandan mian (soulless version) and variations of it, hot dry noodles. Fried noodles are ok but dishes where they boil and drain the noodles before adding them to stuff are the best. So rich and satisfying
>>
>>18854892
>>18854911
>>18855196
I got yellow curry with chicken. Snapper filet with sweet basil and dumplings. Also drank a Thai beer called Singha that's like a light american beer almost. Both entrees were great
>>
>>18854131
>If your noodles aren't made with both wheat and alkaline salts, they aren't really ramen noodles.
Just buy the kansui to make the noodles, or if you can't find it I think chinese stores sell lye water that's similar (it's for noodle making anyway).
I just use the noodle blades from my pasta roller and it's fine.
>>
>>18855235
>boil and drain the noodles
This is done for ramen too you know, they don't just pour the boiling water into the rest of the ramen. They boil the noodles in little baskets usually so they pull them out and the water drains.
>>
>>18855495
You don't need special kansui from an asian grocery store. Bottled alkaline water is available at most regular grocery stores.
>>
So is ramen just normal noodles like I make at home from the packet, but with random ass eggs floating in it?
>>
>>18855705
Well the person was talking about boiling baking soda and shit, if it's so easy then why all these suggestions for using various salts. I just get the kansui from the Japanese grocer I visit and it works fine. The suggestions the previous person made seemed overly complex.
>>
>>18855741
>Well the person was talking about boiling baking soda
which person? this person? >>18854131

>The suggestions the previous person made seemed overly complex.
which suggestions were complex?
>>
>>18855725
Ramen is usually noodles, broth, tare, fat, and toppings. Chashu is probably the most important topping and takes a while to cook. If your noodles come with a powder broth, and then a tare and oil packet then yeah it's pretty much that with toppings.
>>
very few ramen shops make their own noodles, most use sun noodles
>>
>>18855756
>which suggestions were complex?
Adding salts to a liquid instead of just buying alkaline water, kansui, or whatever you want to call it. Or suggestions using baking soda. If the item is so readily available why not just get the liquid? That's all more complex than just get kansui.
>>
>>18855760 meant for >>18854579
>>
>>18855757
Don't say tare. Just say seasoning or seasoned sauce. Chashu is only an important topping if it's meant to be a pork ramen, but the topping can be any meat or vegetables.
>>
>>18855768
You just need your basic baking soda and put it in the oven for couple hours. It turns from sodium bicarbonate into sodium carbonate. It's the same stuff as kansui but much cheaper.
>>
>>18855768
Oh. Well I am that anon and I didn't suggest adding salts to liquid. I said check the ingredients of your ramen noodles (assuming you bought them rather than making them homemade) and make sure they have alkaline salts in the ingredients, or else they aren't really ramen noodles. I then listed some common alkaline salts used in ramen noodles for everyone's information in case they don't know what the hell an alkaline salt is. I never said "get these salts then add it to your liquid" or anything.

>Suggestions using baking soda
I didn't recommend this. I brought up that it's a technique I've seen other people suggest, and I explained that I don't think it's a good idea.

>why not just get the liquid?
that's precisely what I recommend, if you are somebody who is making their own noodles from scratch. Alkaline water or "kansui" is available in most places these days.
I suppose somebody could try boiling their regular pasta noodles in alkaline water, but that to me would be a waste of alkaline water you paid for and I doubt it would even work that well.
>>
>>18855787
Is Kansui expensive? I just buy the chinese stuff that's the same, am I being poisoned? A big bottle is like $1.
>>
>>18855787
a 1 liter bottle of alkaline water is $1.30 at my local regular grocery store which is about the same price as a bottle of regular filtered water.

a 1 pound box of baking soda costs about one dollar but i think using that baked baking soda technique would lead to noodles that taste funny compared to noodles that use the other alkaline salts listed. baking soda is said to cause a sort of soapy, pool water like taste and i have no reason to think baked baking soda would taste any better just because it lost a carbon atom.
>>
>>18855787
>>18855819
also even if it was cheaper to use baking soda and even if it tasted the same, who the fuck wants to be bothered with the task of having to do the extra steps of baking the baking soda, and spending a few hours to do so, when they an instead easily just buy alkaline water at the store cheap as hell.
>>
>>18855823
Well you are boiling the broth for hours. Pouring some baking soda on a tray and throwing it in the oven takes 30 seconds of actual active cooking.
>>
why do white people always use chopsticks in restaurants and videos

clearly they did not grow up with it, so it is very pathetic to not use a fork just because you are eating a flavor of noodles from asia
>>
Is anyone going to share recipes? I see a lot of tonkotsu recipes adding chicken bones, I thought it was only pork. Is it just pig feet or do you add other stuff too? Also, why is it boiled instead of simmered unlike other stocks?
>>
>>18854783
duck or beef thai salad, salt & pepper squid.
>>
>>18855838
They are fun to use but I will never understand why Asians eat something like ribs with them.
>>
File: alkaline water.jpg (34 KB, 529x823)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>18855829
broth doesn't need to boil for hours. the long boiling/simmering time is for the purpose of extracting gelatin from the animal bones, which really only needs like 2 hours maximum if you're only using enough bones to make enough ramen broth for one or two people/portions/bowls.

And once again, the result is the same if not better as just buying alkaline water - the alkaline salts already in solution and ready to use - for no more than $2 per liter so I don't see any advantages to the baked baking soda method unless if someone seriously cannot get their hands on it at their local store and have no other options. But almost everyone should be able to buy either alkaline water or pre-made ramen noodles. And not the instant ramen kind of noodles, although those aren't a terrible substitute.

>>18855838
While it is true that lots of weeaboos and autistic western people have a problem with wishing they were Japanese and they like to use chopsticks for that reason to have a "japanese experience," using chopsticks still makes sense in that most asian food is designed to be eaten with chopsticks. Chopsticks simply replicate picking up food between your thumb and index finger, and you'll find that lots of asian foods cut their vegetables and meat and stuff in such a way that is easy to pick up with chopsticks but more awkward if you tried to use a fork.
>>
>>18855958
>for no more than $2 per liter so I don't see any advantages to the baked baking soda method
because a box of baking soda is like $2 and will net you much more than a liter of water
>>
>>18855845
>Is anyone going to share recipes
look further up the page there's at least one post with a guide
>why pig feet
because they're the cheapest, least used part of a pig, and they have a significant amount of gelatin, which helps set & provide body to a stock.
other cheap cuts like pork shoulder are still much more useful as eating parts so you wouldn't use them for stock, and the other offcuts are usually more expensive because they will get used for dog treats (eg ears, hock, tail)
>Is it just pig feet or do you add other stuff too
alliums (garlic, leek, shallot, onions) and mushroom.
in terms of other meat parts, the common ones are chicken, duck or turkey carcasses, necks & wingtips and feet (with nails and ammonia stained parts clipped off), and pig tails
>why is it boiled instead of simmered unlike other stocks?
it's basically the same thing. most of the time it comes down to if the person cooking wants to watch it closely while it boils, because you then top up the stock to keep the bones underwater, or if you want a large portion and not have to watch it as closely, so you just simmer it less rapidly. personally I don't think there's much difference between a long simmer and a more rapid boiling over 4+ hours.
>>
>>18855967
Yes, one is cheaper than the other, but the less cheap option is still cheap and affordable.
>>
>>18855979
cheap, affordable, and has the great advantage over baking soda of not needing any additional preparation, work, or time to use. Alkaline water solution is ready to use.
>>
File: IMG_20230125_225825_50.jpg (739 KB, 1134x1314)
739 KB
739 KB JPG
>>18855813
It's alright to use that, most likely it's potassium carbonate as opposed to sodium carbone that you'd get if you baked baking soda, some people sperg over the ratios of the two in noodle recipes, but I never noticed a large difference when making noodles with one or the other
>>18855845
You can do tonkotsu with just pork, but you might find it 'dirty' tasting, that's why people add chicken bones also. As for the exact parts, as long as you have enough bones AND enough skin+cartilage, from whatever animal, you're good to go. I personally like making stock with 2:1 pork to chicken matter, with pork being feet/spines/hip joints, and chicken being backs/feet/wings in a pinch. Plus also you add ginger+scallions+optionally carrot and/or napa.

The difference between rolling boil and slow simmer is that slow simmer makes a clear soup, while rolling boil emulsifies the fat into the soup (which you can do with a blender at the end anyway), producing milky soup in the end. Depends what you're going after.

Also one of the last bowls I made :))
>>
File: ReimuPalm.png (30 KB, 128x128)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
literally toxic chink food full of chloride
>>
>>18856010
Yes maruchan and other instant ramen sure, but if you get REAL ramen it's not.
>>
>>18855845
My ramen broth is just regular all-purpose stock I make (just some bones and meat of chicken or beef or both chicken and beef simmered with a basic mirepoix of onion, carrot, and celery) that can be used in most soups, some broth made by soaking dried mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes (or just add the dried mushrooms straight to the stock), soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic, and sometimes red miso and ginger if I'm feeling like it.

You can also just use regular store-bought chicken broth and add soy sauce, garlic, and ginger to it and it will taste pretty identical to Japanese ramen broth.

Toppings can include dried seaweed, any meat you like and any vegetables you like but green onions are common. Also there's eggs. You can boil an egg for 7 to 8 minutes for a medium boiled egg.

And ramen noodles obviously.
>>
Nongshim neoguri > nongshim shin black > pulmuone crab ramen >>>>>>> nongshim champong > ottogi odong tong myon > nongshim soon veggie > pulmuone oyster jjamppong > nissin raoh > sapporo ichiban tonkatsu ramen > buldak >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> maruchan anything
>>
>>18856103
>maruchan
Why do people like these so much? They aren't sold here at grocery stores but saw them at an asian market and decided to try them out. Horrible texture noodles with sewage water as broth. Is it just because they are cheap?
>>
Just a reminder that consuming raw eggs is fucking stupid.

Regardless of the salmonella risk which I understand is not really a thing in Japan, raw egg whites still contain less bioavailable protein (protein that your body cannot absorb) and an actual antinutrient called avidin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_white#Health_issues
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avidin#Blocking_of_biotin_binding
>>
>>18856368
who asked, fitcel?
>>
>>18856368
>soft boiled eggs soaked in soy sauce
>raw
This is your brain on /fit/
>>
>>18856384
>>18856470
It's common in Japanese cuisine to eat completely raw eggs. not just soft or medium boiled eggs which may only have a raw yolk, but a fully raw egg.
>>
>>18856384
>>18856470
He probably only eats his food until it's boiled or baked to the point that it's dry as fuck and devoid of any flavor.
>>
>>18856488
no i like soft boiled eggs. i thought it was clear that i specified raw eggs.
>>
>>18854131
>Traditional Japanese ramen recipes use kombu and bonito fish flakes as the base for the broth, and while that is delicious, you can still achieve the savory umami base broth with other things and achieve a result that most people couldn't tell the difference from.
honestly you can just use instant dashi if you want the flavor without having to make the stock
or you could probably get away with using niban dashi . in fact I think most people don't realize you can reuse the kombu and bonito twice when making dashi - although the second one doesn't have quite as good a flavor it would be fine for say ramen and you can keep the first batch for something where the dashi flavor is more prominent like soups.
>>
>>18856547
>in fact I think most people don't realize you can reuse the kombu and bonito twice when making dashi
I'd love to try this sometime and see how well it actually works.

A common thing I've seen in Japanese recipes for soup broth is they say to never boil the water that has the kombu and bonito in it, and to only let it simmer or just sit in hot water or else it loses flavor, and I wonder if that theory is actually true or just common chef mythology like "searing steaks locks in the juices."
>>
>>18856532
Ramen eggs are soft boiled.
>>
File: Fmjp3pfXgAAnosW.jpg (101 KB, 693x730)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>18854090
>>
>>18856269
Yeah, they are cheap. That's why.

>>18856368
>I'm this fucking retarded
>>
>>18856547
Kombu and bonito are stupidly expensive where I live. Instant dashi has served me just fine.
>>
>>18856602
Yes, but some people add just raw egg instead of soft boiled egg. i don't know why you are confused. soft boiled and raw egg are different things.
>>
>>18856644
Poached eggs are cooked in 3 minutes. If you drop your egg in before the noodles are done you won't get your boogeyman salmonella or whatever nutrient broscienesbullshit you believe in.
>>
>>18856670
dude, do you realize that you are arguing something that is totally separate from what i'm saying? i never said i needed help boiling an egg lmao what the fuck are you smoking.

>boogeyman salmonella or whatever nutrient broscienesbullshit
wait, hold up. are you saying salmonella is a made-up thing
>>
>>18854093
late but, debone and chop up the chicken and make a stock out of the bones cooking them separately, fry the meat bits. Add a little bit of the chickenfat/peanut frying oil to the top of the bowl.
>>
>>18856595
I've done it before and while there is a loss of flavor it's still decent enough. definitely mark which is which if storing both though.
IIRC boiling kombu in particular can leech out some not as good flavors from the kelp, not sure on whether boiling the bonito affects the flavor though
>>18856618
yeah instant dashi is like 1/3 of the price of bonito+kombu anymore which is crazy
>>
>>18856730
I've worked at a chicken farm and salmonella doesn't really exist here. Only way for the chickens to get it is by contamination from wild birds outside. They are tested constantly by an outside vet and if even one bird is infected the whole farm gets exterminated. You can see why the farmer would not want that to happen and keeps the birds as sterile as possible from outside.
>>
>>18856779
You're lying lol.

no, salmonella is a virus that naturally occurs in yolks until they've been treated or pasteurized.

>They are tested constantly by an outside vet and if even one bird is infected the whole farm gets exterminated.
that's not how the chicken industry works. if one bird is infected, that bird and its group are simply separated from the rest of the farm and their resulting eggs or meat are processed and sold differently.
>>
>>18856785
>virus that naturally occurs in yolks
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this board.
>that's not how the chicken industry works
It is how it works in my country.
>>
>>18856785
You literally can eat a raw egg my guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4c3e3zZ8kU
Arnold does it all the time.
Seriously man you wont get sick that easily. Raw chicken? Sure. Eggs don't work the same as chicken
>>
>>18856737
I haven't made it yet, still going through leftovers. So you recommend deboning prior to cooking? I've never done that before, always cooked whole chickens whole. Is it easy?
>>
>>18856785
>naturally occurs in yolks
No, usually it's on the surface of the egg, and if there's an integrity problem with the shell it can get in. If you're in one of those countries that washes the eggs before selling them and there are no problems with the shell it's impossible unless you contaminate it yourself.
>>
File: Ramen.jpg (629 KB, 2667x1500)
629 KB
629 KB JPG
>>18854090
>>
>>18857262

that looks relly tasty anon did u make it?id rather have a less cooked egg tho
>>
>>18858631
Yessir, I in fact did. From the broth to the bowl. Only thing I didn't make myself was the noodles. As far as the egg, tastes vary.
>>
Do ramen shops in Japan typically make everything fresh? When I order ramen sometimes it seems like the egg or chashu is cold. Like they are just warming it up in the broth. Are restaurants here just lazy or is this common everywhere?
>>
>>18857062
>arnold does it
i cannot believe there exists people as hopelessly stupid as you who think something is good to do because arnold schwartz does it.
Like... that's the extent of your logic. "arnold does it, therefore it's good. he can't be wrong."
>>
>>18859643
Yep, that's why I smoke 5 cigars a day. It can't be bad if he does it right?
>>
>>18859643
>I'm this stupid and I don't know how food works
if you don't a any type of degree with food/nutrients, shut up.
>>
>>18854090
there's a guy on youtube making every type of ramen from scratch. can't think of the channel name just search how to make x ramen.
>>
>>18857262
very nice but you should try a softer boil
>>
>>18859812
does arnold have a degree with food/nutrition?
>>
>>18859837
no but likely you don't either, so neither of you are right nor wrong. Schrodinger guess? I dunno.
>>
>>18859812
people with degrees in food and health have already spoken that raw eggs should not be consumed. so now what are you going to do? say that people with degrees in food/nutrients are actually wrong?
>>
>>18859850
Ask for proof from either a .gov or an org
>>
Also btw they are talking about pure raw egg, people eat soft-boiled eggs all the time, sunny side up, I bet you're one of those guys who thinks eating steak any other way besides well done. What you're talking about is RAW egg, in every ramen dish is a soft boiled egg soaked in soy sauce. Even if it's raw, lets say you're right, do you have any idea how much salt content is in soy sauce? it would kill any and all bacteria.
>>
>>18854579
>complains about this on weeb central
>>
>>18859887
Dude what are you talking about. I never argued against soft boiled eggs in ramen and i made the distinction between raw and soft boiled. you're literally hallucinating posts that don't exist in this thread.
>>
>>18855760
>sun noodles
I've seen them in store, would homemade ones actually turn out better? How would I cut them?
>>
>>18854090
I had no idea what "tonkatsu" ramen is so I looked it up and fucking hell it's a nightmare to make this shit but I would definitely pay like 20 bucks if someone made it like this with quality ingredients

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOgYziaDGrA
>>
File: 1658256307554.png (1.09 MB, 867x972)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>18860320
god I wish this cunt would just do normal videos instead of his shitty humour. Look at this faggotry.
>>
>>18860320
Follow this >>18854140 and you get something that's basically identical without needing a pressure cooker or the 50 million other ingredients and it's much more similar to the actual restaurant ramen instead of show-off version that needs 5 bunches of green onions, $40 worth of pork (on top of the actual Chashu pork belly) because his broth uses meat cuts instead of trotters, and fatback, a blender, a blow torch and lard and 10 different speciality sauces.
>>
>>18860340
Wow I didn't know that guy was that gay!
>>
>>18854140
you can skip everything about pigs feet and bones, needing to blanch and wash them, and needing to simmer the whole thing for 4 or more hours if you just follow this advice >>18854137
>>
>>18860433
you might as well just buy a can of vegeta if you're going to cheat like that.
>>
I make stir fry Nissin noodles in a bit of oil, sesame oil, and soy sauce with red pepper flakes and then mix in seasoned veggies and chicken or tofu. I don't use any of the flavor packet that comes with the noodles. I like it a lot but I don't know if I'd serve it to anyone because it's not proper ramen I think.
>>
>>18859608
Not exactly ramen but this is probably like most places make food in nipland https://www.youtube.com/@Udonsobaosakanara/videos
They are comfy to watch.
>>
>>18859643
Is that why you were a Mr. Olympia five years in a row but he wasn't? Oh wait...
Surely the broscience faggots on the internet know better.
>>
File: gG7YiXG.jpg (333 KB, 1280x960)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>
>>18860340
Fuck Josh, he let he shitty discord admins kick me out of his discord and then I left him a message calling him a pussy
>>
What isle do I buy real ramen noodles in not the insta top ramen bullshit
>>
>>18854109
there's a great ramen place in nyc near broadway. run by one of the oldest japanese ramen chains. you don't talk to anyone and you get your own booth and use a weighted card to request service.
>>
>>18860263
who here was talking about raw eggs idiot? read the room.
>>
>>18861506
Depends, Walmart has their international Isle, which they only usually have HALO which is meh.

Google, "Asian marts near me" and see what pops up
>>
>>18859820
I made the egg the way I like them. You make yours how you want.
>>
File: 1625298097386.png (554 KB, 994x560)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
>>18861201
Why would you be on his discord?
>>
>>18859608
Pretty much everything other than the noodles are pre-cooked.
>>
>>18860940
he won bodybuilding contests because he ate lots of protein, worked out obsessively, juiced, and used "gear." And do you honestly think you're not an idiot if you think bodybuilders are nutrition experts over real scientists?
>>
>>18862705
>you're not an idiot if you think bodybuilders are nutrition experts
Yes, you retard. You have to be if you want to win competitions. With just "lots of protein, working out and roiding" you won't win shit.
Why are you even arguing about egg proteins in a ramen thread?
>>
>>18862764
>With just "lots of protein, working out and roiding" you won't win shit.
actually yes, you will. that's why they all roid.
>>
File: 1644697224535.jpg (50 KB, 847x900)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>18854090
>>
>>18862681
So once again homemade is superior to restaurants.
>>
>>18863513
Nah not really, since most Asian noodle dishes are designed to be made in large quantities. It's like why no one really makes "homemade" fast food.
>>
>>18863539
Superior in taste, not quantity served.
>>
>>18863593
Reeeeeaaaaally doubt you're going to cook just a small bowl of nipponese 8h ramen broth and have it taste as good without using some kind of premix paste.
>>
>>18863628
Premix paste? For what? You just need to make the broth. It's not like you slave over it for 8+ hours it's mostly inactive time.
>>
>>18863641
Would you cook just ONE bowl on that 8h broth though? Or are you planning on eating ramen for the whole week?
>>
>>18863660
I'd eat it over multiple times. Only the first bowl would be superior because some broths lose something when they are older.
>>
>>18855228
Boiled egg and mushrooms.
>>
>>18862657
Because I can be. It's useful. I'm in 5 servers. Unlike most retards. Yeah yeah "FUCKIN TRANNIE!" I don't know where this started nor do I care either way.
>>
>>18863898
So you hate him and sperged so hard on his discord that you got banned.
How was your time useful there?
>>
>>18862681
And that's fine. The egg of course is going to be cold. They marinate them in the fridge overnight. It's not soft boiled fresh.
>>
>>18863936
what are you talking about anon?
>>
>>18864035
Well I'm not surprise why you got banned.
>>
>>18864061
What are you talking about anon? Banned from what? Where?
>>
>>18864066
>Fuck Josh, he let he shitty discord admins kick me out of his discord
Do you have some kind of brain problems? Did you forget what you typed out just lately?
>>
>>18864084
Yes I legit forgot about it, was a 1 and done statement.
No, I don't even remember what I said, it was some dumb joke there that a mod took too seriously, thus kicking me out. I tried to talk to Josh about it but he didn't care.
>>
>>18856010
>literally toxic chink food full of chloride

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.