[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Has anyone tried qny of these new " international " long chickens?
>>
If I say yes does that make me gay?
>>
>>18851441
>new
The Italian one has existed since forever, although I think it comes and goes. It would be alright if they used less salt in it.
The 'Mexican' one kinda sucks.
Haven't had the American. With mayo and fresh veg it's probably going to taste the best since that'll mellow out the salt.
>>
>>18851453
I don't think so.

>>18851454
Ah, good to know. I've never had even the reg variety and want to try one. O was thinking the American.
>>
>>18851454
trying to remember what the 3rd option was back in the day. was it a french chicken sandwich? think it was supposed to be similar to chicken cordon blue or some shit.
>>
>>18851441
new? i thought they had the marinara chicken in the mid 90s
>>
>>18851589
Well.. ⅔ is still new then.
>>
these are old, i haven't had fast food in years, but i did try one when they came out years and years ago and it was awful

worst fast food chicken sandwich
>>
What's a long chicken?
>>
>>18851441
I dunno about the "international" versions, but I tried their regular long chicken sandwich once a few years ago and it was so dry and flavorless I never returned.
>>
>>18851441
Every single time I buy food from burger king I regret my recent life choices
>>
>>18851784
about three fiddy
>>
>>18851441
CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN
>>
I like them but its too expensive.
>>
>>18851441
I got a long chicken for you right here
>>
>>18851441
Are they seriously called long chickens? I thought this was a joke for almost 10 years now.
>>
>>18851784
A cock
>>
>>18853997
No. I've only ever heard anyone say that here, but I like it, so I use it.
>>
>>18853997
>>18855077
that particular product is called a long chicken in some places outside of the usa.

germany for example, which you can verify on their website. i believe this is because unlike usa, germany offers traditional smaller patty chicken offerings such as the crispy chicken or the cheesy rosti lover. so the name is to differentiate the product.
>>
>>18851460
>the reg variety
its probably the shittiest fast food chicken sandwich. the breading is very underspiced and often soggy, though the sogginess could vary by location. I only used to get them when they were 2 for $5 and I was poor as fuck, and even then it wasnt long before I considered it not worthwhile to eat such a shitty sandwich despite how cheap it was
>>
>>18855264
It's my favorite fast food chicken sandwich.
"Original Chicken Sandwich, Add Cheese"
I don't know why I like them so much. The Mayo is an important part.

It has probably been at least five years since I had one ... I'm not even sure where there's a BK near me now, they closed the two closest ones.
>>
>>18851441
no I haven’t tried but over the years I have tried different versions and there gimmicks never are as good as their original chicken sandwich

>>18852662
you’re supposed to personalize it so it gets made fresh, ask for extra mayo
>>
I would, but they are so much more expensive than the app deal. I'm not gonna do that shit, there's no way they are that good.
>>
>>18851441
Burger King is doing this promotion again? Last time I had one of the "Italian" chicken sandwiches was almost twenty years ago .
>>
I will never forgive them for getting rid of the tendercrisp, it was way better than the current chicken sandwiches they have now
>>
I am Mexican, and I wonder what the hell makes that one sandwich Mexican? I bet it is just some stupid stereotype about it having hot sauce or jalepeños.
>>
>>18851441
Go for the Long Pork
>>
What about the long burger?
>>
File: cubano_sandwich-Miami.jpg (178 KB, 1125x900)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>18856259
I sure wouldnt turn it down when I have a hangover and chilling on a beach, but it's outdone by a Cubano.
>>
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER
>>
>>18852662
>dry
It’s literally the juiciest sandwich imaginable, just not in a good way (hot grease, gobs of mayo, and wilted lettuce water)
>>18855735
it already has extra mayo. Like the most mayo. All In an ice cream scoop sized ball right in the middle that doesn’t spread
>>18856242
tendercrisp where the best fast food chicken sandwich by a long shot. They were perfect. And the tendercrisp salads were great too cause they gave you the little tinfoil pouch with chicken and all the other things separated so it was perfect. Darius Rucker agrees
>>
>>18851441
How much are you paid for posting this? Are you making a decent living of this?
>>
>>18856248
looks like nacho cheese for one. i cant tell what that green shit is, kinda looks like breaded fried jalapenos or something, but that doesnt sound super likely
>>
>>18856500
Pmce you get get out of that rollerball rink you'll understand
>>
>>18851473
That’s right. It had a slice of ham on top.

That must have been around 94. I was still in high school, and it was very important to me to try each flavor. I was a sucker for limited edition BK items and each month had a new one.
>>
>>18856264
>"cuban"o
>it's just a regular old sandwich anyone could have laid claim to
>>
>>18851606
They taste worse than the chicken sandwiches ampm sells.
>>
>>18851441
I want a meal with a fresh bun and a loooong chicken
*cake riff*
>>
>>18851454
this shit always sucked
>>
>>18856264
all fast food is outdone by a cuban
that's like saying you'd rather have non-fast food in a fast food thread
>>
>>18856248
Pretty sure it's just fried onions and 'nacho cheese'
It's not great.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.