[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why do so many people complain about cleaning up dishes when these things exist?
>>
my apartment doesn't have one and does not allow one to be installed without violating my lease
>>
those barely work and are a huge waste of water
>>
>>18611833
running a dishwasher uses less water than filling a standard-sized kitchen sink on one of its sides
>>
>>18611831
There are counter top ones and mobile ones that exist. They don’t need installation like your traditional dish washer:
>>
>>18611844
i've looked into buying one and just feel goy'd to be honest, the countertop ones are just as if not even more expensive than a traditional dishwasher
definitely still considering it as it doesn't look like i'm moving any time soon
>>
>>18611843
what? how big is your sink? it'd take like 10 times more water to fill up a dishwasher than an average sink
>>
>>18611843
not when i wash them. and i don't need searing hot water for 95% of dishes.
>>
>>18611860
Not if you're trans
>>
>>18611856
I have a countertop one, I like it if you’re one person you should have no problems. I run it once every 1-2 days. Makes cooking much funner now since I don’t have to clean.
>>
>>18611860
average dishwasher uses 15 litres per cycle, average kitchen sink holds 20 litres (14 x 16 x 7)
>>
>>18611861
You get charged $2-$4 per 100 cubic feet of water here in muttlans, that 740 gallons. It takes like 5c in water to run a dish washer. Why are you coping so hard.
>>
>>18611825
It would be easier and cheaper to replace your dining table, sink, and both dishwashers with a single large tub people could eat over. When you're done, gently set your dishes in the tub and the slowest eater hoses everything down. First person to wake up the next day has to put away a tub full of air-dried dishes.
>>
Jesus fuck, why is /ck/ filled with poors?
>>
>>18611860
Dishwashers don't fill their insides. Older dishwashers could very well use up more water, but modern dishwashers are very efficient.
>>
>>18611890
RICHads just order or have a personal chef.
>>
>>18611831
tell shekelstein you'll do whatever the fuck you want for the duration of the lease
>>
>>18611870
sorry i'm not wasting water to own the libtards
>>
>>18611910
You got owned in math, dishwashers are more effective than handwishing.
>>
you guys saying that dishwashers dont use MASSIVE amounts of water compared to hand washing must think you have to fill up the entire volume of the sink in order to clean a single fork. it doesn't take that much water. using a dishwasher is like flushing water down the toilet
>>
>>18611825
i like washing the pots
i just look at the birds in my garden while doing them
>>
>>18611941
Most people don’t fucking run a dishwasher for one utensil. They load it up throughout the day and run it at night and watch movies/work out while your ass is stuck there handwashing dishes.
>>
>>18611941
No one runs a dishwasher to clean one fork… you make no sense. I hand wash though.
>>
>>18611904
believe me they're gonna have a lot more costs repairing what i've done here than they're getting out of my rent and deposit, but i'm not paying my own money to give them a dishwasher installation
>>
>>18611948
"most" people leave dishes coated in rotting food sitting around for weeks at a time, only for them to be "cleaned" by a barely functional contraption that wastes a TON of water? wow, im never eating at "most" people's houses again
>>
>>18611990
Kek you sound like a poorfag handwasher.
>>
>rinse off dishes
>soak dishes with stuck food
>place dirty dishes in dishwasher
>rearrange dishes so everything fits
>add detergent
>add rinse aid
>close door
>37 different wash settings
>only one attempts to clean dishes
>press the 3 buttons required to start
>run washer
>remove anything from counter above washer
>so not affected by heat cycles
>wait an hour
>don't use any running water so washing cycles aren't potentially affected
>dishwasher finishes
>forget about it because you started doing something else
>next day
>fuck
>where are all the spoons?
>oh yeah
>open washer
>start putting away dishes
>try not to drip water that's welled up in edges of dishes all over the place
>wipe inevitable streaks off of glassware and utensils
>set aside dishes that didn't get fully cleaned, or leave in dishwasher for next time
>throw away "dishwasher safe" ruined containers
>close washer door
>fuck
>close you son of a bitch
>no... CLOSE
>there
>closed
it's so simple, i really don't know why people waste 20 minutes doing them by hand
>>
>>18611870
Ackshually its 748 gallons
>t. Waterfag tradey
>>
>>18611825
They don't work.
>>
>>18611999
you sound like you've contracted a degenerative brain disease from eating off dishes that have never actually been washed.

btw i saved so much money on my water bill this year that i bought a dishwasher. still always hand wash though. only use it to cook salmon in foil
>>
>>18611825

these are not economical for small households or when you live on your own. I remember house-sharing and the lazy room-mates would always put their dirty dishes in ready for the next person to turn it on when it gets full but people would forget and the dishes would literally grow mould on them.
>>
>>18611948
>out while your ass is stuck there handwashing dishes.

Which takes a few minutes at most. Never understood why Americans treat dishwashing as some almighty long chore that eats into the evening hours.
>>
>>18612066
because theyre lazy
they have fucking seats on their lawn mowers
>>
>>18611956
>No one runs a dishwasher to clean one fork

Actually, you'd be surprised. There are people who will run their washing machines + tumble-dryers for a few clothes every other day because they judge the convenience to be so.
>>
>>18611895
so efficient you have to run them daily and put only fresh stained and basically clean plates in
I hate dishwashers with a passion, I'd rather pay the extra 3e extra a month for water than use one
also washing the dishes is relaxing
>>
>>18612071
That's because the average American lawn is bigger than most European countries
>>
>>18611825
I have one and it is fucking shit. If the dish isn't already mostly clean by the time I run it, it'll still be dirty when it's done.
It's better for little more than silverware and peace of mind.
>>
My last apartment didn't have one and was smaller than my previous two. My current apartment has one again! Woooooo!
>>
Because He Is Watching

And He Is Listening
>>
File: THELAUGHINGMANWATCHESYOU.png (3.16 MB, 1041x1600)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB PNG
>>18612620
who is?
>>
>>18612086
I don't rinse any of my dishes before putting them into the dishwasher and the dishes will sit in the washer for days before I run a cycle. Everything always comes out clean. Maybe the rinse aid helps but sounds like you just don't know how to use a dishwasher.
>>
>>18612158
Sounds like you have a cheap dishwasher
>>
>>18612628
Eventually it plugs up and you have to snake out the drain tube and replace the filters.
Happened to me.
>>
>>18612066
Depends on how long you let things sit and build up.
Reasonably takes me about an hour to do a sinkful of dishes. If you are a large family, that can spread to 2 hours or more if you get a back up.
>>
>>18611844
Holy shit I wasnt even aware these exist and now I need one
Any anons reading this that can recommend a cheap but efficient (doesnt need 50+ settings) model for a guy living on his own?
Ive got some money to spare and with black friday week maybe Ill even get a better deal out of it, or is it worth it to check out second-hand ones on ebay and such?
>>
>>18611843
>>18611860
>>18611861
People actually fill up their sink and wash dishes in dirty water?
>>
>>18611825
They don't always clean dishes.
It takes an extra hour or two to run a drying cycle which might not leave them dry.
Water marks, water marks, water marks.
>>
>>18611825
too expensive here, if you buy me one I'll use it
>>
>>18612691
Edgestar. If in US got it 2nd day air from Walmart website. Do research before buying you do have to do some minor adjustments to your sink faucet.
>>
>>18613821
Use the extra hour or two for sex with ur wife or a JO sesh
>>
i keep a spray bottle of dish soap on my sink and wash every item individually. anything like pots or pans that need to be "soaked" i just put water in and then boil on the stove.

i remember how angry the way my parents would use the dishwasher made me and never wanted to use one, how they would put HUGE items in there (casserole dishes, pots so the handle takes up a ton of space, etc) that make you have to run it so much more often and didnt understand my logic about stop putting big items that take up so much space in there that you can easily clean by hand. would have to go into the dishwasher at night to salvage things out to wash by hand. and not to mention even more their practice of running the dishwasher any time before overnight so if you needed to get anything you couldnt because the dishwasher was running

god i hated the dishwasher

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.