[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

>perfectly good margherita pizza
>ruin it with pesto

Why do libtards do this?
>>
>>18387561
The green of the pesto is making the pizza healthy
>>
File: 2365x2365 (1).jpg (863 KB, 2365x2365)
863 KB
863 KB JPG
>>18387561
Expensive supermarket Pizzas are almost uniformly shit. Huge flavourless crusts that get overcooked and boring toppings that managed to be undercooked.

Now this on the other hand....
>>
It's almost like putting fresh basil on a frozen pizza might not work.
>>
>>18387561
Because it's a frozen pizza and if they put basil leaves, like a traditional pizza, they would end up burning in people's kitchen ovens. So to try and recreate those hints of basil they go with strategic blobs of pesto instead.
>>
yeah the problem is there's not enough pesto
>>
>>18387561
>perfectly good board
>ruin it with shitty threads
Why do phoneposters do this?
>>
>>18387787
>perfectly good board
where?
>>
>>18387778
I've got a patch chockful of basilicum, i think i'm going to make lots of fresh pesto soon.
>>
>>18387848
Phoneposters have been a plague since about 2013, but you're probably too new for that.
>>
>>18387775
>>18387761
It's not a frozen pizza it goes in the fridge
>>
>>18389342
Okay? If you put fresh basil (one of the 3 components of a margherita pizza) on a pre-packaged pizza it would be black by the time anyone brought it home, even if it was made that day. And as other anons have said, you can't exactly bake a pizza with fresh basil on it and expect anything other than little bits of carbon. Fuck, I used to cook at a wine bar and we made the decision to start making our own pesto just for the caprese because we thought it would be more consistent than using fresh basil and most of the customers thought it was better (because we made really good pesto).

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.