[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Anyone tried this from the actual place in Denver?
>>
>>18386766
No but I bet it's great
>>
>>18386766
is that jam and pb with bacon?
i dont know about the jam but PB and bacon is actually rather nice
yes i did make it because my grandad told me about elvis
>>
>>18386766
well the elvis fools gold doesn't use jelly
i accidentally made my first one with jelly, sliced bananas, fried bacon, and creamy peanut butter, and people told me it was wrong.
didn't use a whole loaf though just regular sandwich bread.
it was a'ight but i think i liked the jelly a lot and wouldn't make one without, but i don't like bananas so i'll omit that. so just a pb&j&b
>>
>>18386766
I still go there, from time to time, not Elvis though, totally not him haha
>>
Sounds pretty good but the use of whole jars of jelly and peanut butter is really nasty.
>>
File: RIP King.png (1.8 MB, 1024x1024)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>18386766
>Elvis left this world with pounds and pounds of meat, sugar, and liquor in his digestive tract
God save the King.
>>
>>18387550
Not an Elvis fan but that's a fantastic photo.
>>
>>18386766
seems like somethin you could make very easily and wouldn't have to actually go there for
>>
>>18387565
You don't need to go to McDonalds to get a hamburger either. But I don't want a hamburger, I want a goddamn big mac.

I don't want a PB&J&B. I want a fool's gold loaf.
>>
>>18387567
yeah but it would be hard to make a big mac and have it taste like a big mac. this would just be a white french bread with bacon chunky peanut butter and jelly. it would taste exactly the same anon. that's why what you are saying is stupid.
>>
>>18386766
Looks good, I like the jelly
would eat although maybe not enough that I would die on a toilet
>>18387550
great pic
>>
>>18387577
Amazing how you're so sure they don't do anything different that might differentiate without having tried one. But you can have your assumptions. I won't take those from you. God bless.
>>
>>18387579
>die on a toilet
NEAR a toilet. Just skip the 14 prescription medications at once part and you'll be fine.
>>
>>18387588
Well in that case I'd rather skip the peanut butter and bacon sandwiches and roll the dice with the drugs
>>
>>18387579
>great pic
I know rite. So many layers, so many questions. Like, presumably that's Elvis's dad, and he's looking pretty /fa/ with that swingin' two-tone jacket and popped collar. His mom's showing her age more, but she's pretty on fleek too for the time. Did the photo team bring those outfits, or were they enjoying their son's new money, or were they all just ballers and we've been misjudging our grandparents this whole time? Gets the old noggin' joggin'.
t. old
>>
>>18387617
>choosing
That's why Elvis was the king.
>>
File: Haring.jpg (61 KB, 818x512)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>18386766
I'm not kidding.
I'd like to try it with a little soy sauce and ginger.
>>
>>18387618
That's his dad and his Grandma. I think this was from around when his mom passed. It rules though. Grandma is clearly sick of photographers in her kitchen and wants everyone the fuck out; dad still bemused by his boy's fame and hoping his ma doesn't blame him for this; and Elvis just camera ready at all times puttin' biscuits away like they're nothing.
>>
>>18387618
I like the pissed off look on his old man's face, and is Elvis wearing his military uniform? Also the hair between both of them. Mom looks ancient. Hoosier chest with saltines box brings it all in.
>>
>>18386766
I love a sloppa sub too
>>
>>18387635
>is Elvis wearing his military uniform?
Did his time. Like most men.
>>
>>18387625
True, true
>>
>>18387632
>That's his dad and his Grandma.
Thanks for correction.
>Grandma is clearly sick of photographers in her kitchen and wants everyone the fuck out
Dunno, she does look sour at first glance... but there's also a certain look of people who just
grew up hard (Depression)... and also sometimes older generation women could get super serious in the kitchen, like feeding the men was their life-or-death duty, get tf out of their way. Having both son and grandson at the table kicks in those hyper-protective Navy SEAL granny instincts.

Not even joking, I know virtually nothing about Elvis but I would consider having this photo framed, it's like real-life American Gothic, and now I want to go buy some saltines.
>>
>>18387659
>I know virtually nothing about Elvis
No joke, a fascinating individual. Music aside (it's obviously not for everyone) You'd be hard-pressed to read about anybody more plugged-in an essentially tied to that period of American history. It's like the zeitgeist of America decided to manifest as a flesh and blood person for 40 years or so.
>>
>>18386766
where the hell is this in denver? I see the filename, but I cant find a restaurant called the "colorado mine company"
>>
File: 1_Elvis-Presley.jpg (121 KB, 615x763)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>18387687
>colorado mine company
Defunct. But the young cook who made the first one for Elvis at the Colorado Mine Co. now has a tiny place called Nick’s Cafe and he still makes them. Pictured here apparently.
>>
>>18387707
unfortunately nick's cafe is listed as permanently closed or i'd be heading there this weekend.
>>
>>18387715
Fucking 'rona claims another.
>>
>>18387659
>there's also a certain look of people who just grew up hard (Depression)
As someone old enough to have a depression Grandma, I can attest to all of that. Literally never understood the gentle old lady stereotype because I only ever had the 1 badass grandma alive in my lifetime. My grandma is hard as nails, took no shit, and could feed an army; she would encourage 2nd, 3rd, even 4th plates. But would also give you guff if you put on weight. Love my grandma and all of her depression-influenced affection and care.
>>
>>18387584
Enjoy your sandwich retard oh wait you can't get one
>>
>>18387550
>died of a constipation-induced heart attack
Fiber would have saved his life
>>
>>18387772
Based. They were such monumental ladies without needing feminist fantasies, true Women who didn't need a liberal-arts degree to understand themselves, and we may never see their equal until the "hard/weak men, hard/easy times" pendulum swings back pretty violently in the other direction.
>>
File: 1605617055773.gif (893 KB, 220x220)
893 KB
893 KB GIF
>>18387805
Neither can you. But you can make a similar sandwich at home and tell yourself it's the same as the original.

[spoiler]You'll never know for sure[/spoiler]
>>
>>18387842
Amen. It's gonna be a while, but shit has gotta get a whole lot worse before it gets any better. Nothing lasts though, that includes bad times.
>>
>>18386766
Actually made that today but with added bananas, and on regular slices of bread and not the entire loaf, and it is the ultimate bulking food, plus its delicious and I am looking forward to making it with my friends
>>
No photo or article ever gets it's right. Elvis' choice, according to The King himself, was to have the bread toasted and golden. It's a small but important detail.
>>
>>18386766
german food
polish food - like a legit kielbasa
brazilian food
garbage plate
publix subs
waffle house
>>
>>18387550
Jesus christ, his mother was an old buzzard minutes from death.
>>
>>18387772
My depression grandma died a few years back, but she was much the same. She didn’t get out much, but I’ll never forget taking her to a doctors appointment, after we got back to her house she shook her head in shock and said “everyone’s so dern fat now”
>>
>>18386766
Authentic Maine lobster roll on a windswept rocky coast by a lighthouse
Philly cheesesteak from some greasy corner sub shop that the locals swear by
Some gumbo or jambalaya made in the swampiest part of Cajun country by a mammy
Turkish coffee made in hot sand in a back alley in Istanbul
Ortolan
>>
>>18389081
I admire your lack of cynicism. A little.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.