[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: walnuts.png (245 KB, 495x495)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
I like to buy these big bags of shelled walnuts to snack on, but the bottom twenty percent of the bag tends to get mixed up with these weird shell shavings that taste bitter as fuck and make them inedible. Has anyone else experienced this and is there any kind of easy solution for it? These walnuts are expensive but I am getting so sick and tired of having to pick around the detritus and blow it off the shells or get a mouthfull of bitter shit, I'd rather throw it away than eat it at this point.
>>
>>18199322
You're probably eating rancid walnuts. It's hard to avoid as they go rancid the fastest of all nuts. Best thing to do is buy a higher quality brand and put them in the fridge/freezer after you open the bag, and make sure the bag is airtight.
>>
File: IMG_8910.jpg (1.39 MB, 1242x2076)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>18199322
Walnuts literally cost more than decent steak where I like. I can't afford to snack on those things.

I guess maybe save all the shitty bits and then eventually fill a bag with them and take it back to the store and go "hey, this bag of walnuts was all trash and crumbs. I'm gonna need a refund over here"
>>
>>18199458
It's not the nuts going bad. They taste fine as long as I get the shavings off of them. It's just an issue of, I guess, the shavings 'settling' near the bottom of the bag. I'm looking for almost an engineering solution here.
>>
>>18199476
TWU
>>
>>18199476
They're expensive here too bro, that's why I'm looking for a solution that doesn't involve throwing them out. They're perfectly good walnuts, they're just covered in bitterdust.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.