[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: birthday cake bar.jpg (76 KB, 679x475)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
sugar free so you won't be on your 500 lb life from eating these
>>
for me it's goyslop
>>
too much fake sweetener imo
but they arent bad, protien bars are never gonna taste "good"
>>
>>18198901
I'd rather eat chicken and lentil stews or oatmeal
>>
I like the Robert Irvine bars
>>
>>18198916
What's goyslop? Sounds Chinese
>>
File: 1636126251857.jpg (2.34 MB, 4032x3024)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>18198901
I enjoy a good quest bar. Cookie dough is my go to, but the birthday cake and the cookies and cream ones are decent. Easy way to fatten up my BMs.
>>
>>18199309
All good choices. And you aren't kidding. They are about 50% of daily fiber on top of the 20g protein.
>>
>>18198901
the only flavor I tried was some raspberry cheesecake? shit or something, but the store I go to stopped selling that and only that flavor so I stopped buying them altogether
>>
I like to microwave it
>>
>>18199332
most of that fiber content is actually just sugar alcohols (i.e. artificial sweeteners) that they label as fiber because it's indigestible
>>
File: 1630572571748.jpg (2.83 MB, 4032x3024)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB JPG
>>18199362
Wait so the sugar alcohol that's listed separately from the dietary fiber is actually included in the dietary fiber??? Think before you post.
>>
>>18199362
This is completely untrue, lmao. Otherwise we'd be seeing fucking low-sugar popsicles claiming to have 15+ grams of fibre.
>>
>>18198901
BRAAAAAAAP
>>
>>18199427
>low-sugar popsicles claiming to have 15+ grams of fibre.
Anon...
>>
>>18199471
There are no sugar alcohols in that ingredient list.
>>
>>18199471
The second ingredient is soluble corn fiber and has no sugar alcohols. Unless you think you can squeeze 8g of fiber from stevia?
>>
I love cooking and making food. Why would I ever eat some sort of "bar" or drink a "Shake" to replace a meal? I live for a good meal. I am, admittedly, somewhat overweight (5'9" and 155lbs) but I usually stay pretty fit and I'd like to think a good portion of it is muscle.
Food is heavenly and preparing it is fun. Today I'm going to pickle some of the carrots this year, and eat some of last years'. I'm not sure what the plan is. I'm thinking some round-cut steaks alone with a macaroni and egg salad with diced up pickled beets and carrots (my own of course).
Probably add in a salad of mixed fresh greens and a vinaigrette (Salad dressings are disgusting).
>>
Quest hero bars > regular quest bars
>>
>>18199471
As others had said,
the second ingredient in that is fucking corn fiber, you miserable waste of blood.
>>
>>18199549
some people have jobs and shit to do during the day. do you know how hard it is to make a meal with 20g of protein that you can eat in 60 seconds when you only have 5 minutes to "cook"? they're for convenience not sure why that's such a difficult concept for you to understand unless you're just a chronically NEET autist incapable of conceptualizing anything that doesn't exist in your bubble
>>
>>18198901
For me it's fuck these things and fuck sugar alcohols because they bloat me and give me diorama. Fuck these things.
>>
>>18200264
It sounds like you're not applying yourself.
Apply yourself.
>>
>>18199549
While I would love to braise, grill, or even bake chicken breasts while I'm driving to work, it isn't always possible or practical with my 2 children under 4 needing to get to preschool. Sometimes, a Quest bar, cup of black coffee, glass of water, and banana and boiled egg means a high protein, low calorie, good breakfast. While I love cooking and making food, too, it works and has its place. I am 6'1", 180, fyi. not /fit/ anymore but not gross and want to stay that way for my wife and an example to my kids.
>>
>>18201497
Sounds like a (You) problem, buddy.
Learn time management, child.
>>
>>18201620
>Sounds like a (You) problem, buddy.
Learn time management, child.
Please teach us. You are probably a deep wealth of knowledge and experience. That poster listed specific time constraints. You offer a quip of thoughtless arrogance. Tell us, preacher. How do you solve the problem of time?
>>
I miss powerbars bros. I mean the old ones.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (63 KB, 817x857)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>18201630
You really want some (You)'s, huh.
Here's one on the house, lil' guy.
>>
>>18201630
you need a souped up DeLorean for starters
>>
>>18201630
implying any of this is real, you shouldn't have knocked up a bitch without knowing she could be at home 24/7 with your kids, especially if they are less than FOUR. You're a shit dad and your kids are going to have serious psycho-emotional impairments from being unable to bond with their mother. Seriously, who the fuck sends their formative children to be watched over by fucking Jamaicans and former high school sluts all day
>>
>>18198901
this one is also a banger
>>
File: 51lrII2uOyL.jpg (42 KB, 500x500)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
i'm liking these alot right now

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.