[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What went wrong?
>>
Their burgers are better than McDonalds
>>
>>17041384
better than Wendy's, too. and Sonic.
>>
>>17041372
just like with KFC, the slant eyed fucks drove it into the ground
>>
Changes most heavily influenced by cost-cutting measures after the buyout by a private equity firm cut the quality of menu items, along with the sale of corporate-owned stores to a less successful franchisee program.
>>
>>17041391
I love a good sonic burger, nice and greasy

Burger king has good burgers but shit literally everything else, even their sauce packets fucking suck
>>
>>17041384
retard
>>
>>17041372
The whopper is too wet
>>
>>17041384
lmao
even back in the day, McD's verson of the Whopper, the Big 'n Tasty, was better than Burger King
>>
their fries suck
weird because I really like everything else
>>
>>17041417
they changed the food? how?
>>
>>17041372
they dont have anything that you cant get a better version of someplace else
>>
>>17041476
Their fries were the best back in the 90s and early 00s, then they changed them to the worst fast food fries on the market. That was the beginning of the end.
>>
>>17041384
whopper is not better than big mac or quarter pounder
their double cheeseburger is better than MagDonna's double cheeseburger or McDouble
>>
>>17041372
burger king only existsso mcdonalds can keep a hit list of people who weren't loyal
>>
>>17041398
>slant eyed fucks drove it into the ground
in America. they love KFC in their Chinese market
>>
>>17041391
Better except when Sonic has the GARLIC BACON BURGER on the menu
>>
>>17041559
>the worst fast food fries on the market
Nah KFC deserves that crown now since they nuked wedges for whatever the fuck they're trying to sell now
>>
Honestly its a question of bk vs mcdonalds and mcdonalds wins because they put more syrup in their soda
>>
>>17041372
They fell because they never knew what they were. McDonald's is designed to always be number one. Their real estate franchise system and vast locations will always reign supreme. McDonald's doesn't even see competition.

Burger King thought it was the competition. They believed they had a better product, and tried to out-do McDonald's as a better alternative.

Meanwhile, the rise actual alternatives (Subway, Chick-fil-A, Taco Bell, Wendy's, KFC) and regional contenders who refused to try to grow as big as the big burger boys -- thereby keeping themselves efficiently profitable to still be able to adapt (Sonic, Hardees/Carl's Jr, Whataburger) and more high-end "gourmet" alternatives (Five Guys), left Burger King looking like a second-rate brand, with a strategy that would never work. By concentrating itself to be "the McD's alternative", the actual alternatives positioned themselves better and better.

Quality control and growth are mutual enemies. You have to decide what you want to be, or eventually, you lose yourself, and you become the next purchase of a capital management firm.
>>
>order from uber eats several times over a few months
>continuously get our order wrong
>sauce when specified none
>single patties when the burger was supposed to come with 2
>virtually never get an order that isn't fucked up
>uber eats stops allowing refunds
>BK disappears from the app for a week
>comes back
>no longer allows any special instructions or anything
>>
So Burger King is shit all over the country then? I thought it was just the places I lived.
>>
>>17041591
I just had a double cheeseburger from BK yesterday and this is false.
>>
>>17041886
you're obviously in a poorly lit part of town
>>
>>17041878
It's a great place in Europe from what I've seen, and to this day I don't known what americans complain about

>>17041872
In all this novels not once aave you said a concrete thing that made eating at bk a bad experience

>>17041876
Every places make this kind of mistakes

>>17041384
The whopper is better than most McD items but the rest of the bk menu is pretty lame, I can think of 5 burgers I like a lot from McD, when from bk 9nly the whopper is memorable at all.
>>
>>17041904
>In all this novels not once aave you said a concrete thing that made eating at bk a bad experience
There's your problem. How is anyone going to experience it, if people don't even go?
>>
File: thumbs_up_ed.png (355 KB, 532x582)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
>>17041872
You know, I never thought about it that way, but that seems like a very intuitive way to describe their mediocrity as a chain despite successful attempts over the decades to capitalize with what many have argued to be better offerings. It's all relative to McDonalds, which so far hasn't had a big enough failure in their niche for Burger King to dominate over.
Though I think in an alternate reality where McDs didn't pivot to real estate being their main asset and wasn't able to adapt as well in the 90s, Burger King could have secured a better position, or at least be willing to redefine itself more.

>>17041904
>In all this novels not once aave you said a concrete thing that made eating at bk a bad experience
It's about two paragraphs. It is not long-winded.
He's answering OP's "wrong" in terms of market competition and chain success, not in the product and experience itself.
>>
>>17041913
People do go tho
>>
>>17041372
When 3g bought them
>>
>>17041771
KFC fries are okay IMO but I preferred the wedges. BK/DQ have the worst fries and Wendy's recently made theirs worse. Whenever they advertise "hotter and crisper" it means "we caked the outside with more starch"
>>
>>17041904
t. BKIDF
>>
>>17041924
I don't consider them to be "people" anymore.
>>
>>17042071
They actually caked the outside with the exact same coating they use at Burger King so it's no surprise they taste like shit now. Real shame because I liked their fries before this. Took a damn while to like it after getting pissed at them for removing the yellow fries for natural cut sea salt fires, but I still ended up liking them in the end.
I STILL don't like BK fries. The fact that they taste similar will probably mean the glory days are over.
>>
>>17041391
Ok this is just bait at this point.
>>
>>17041372
Everything but the Whopper sucks. However, the Whopper is truly the King of Burgers.
>>
>>17041372
Burger King has severe quality control issues across the entire enterprise that are intractable.

t. knew a guy who was a low-level exec for BK Canada for a while.
>>
>>17041372
>Go to burger king
>Order burger
>They burned the shit out of the meat
>And added a shit ton of dressing to hide it
>Every bite taste like burnt meat and tons of dressing
Why does burger king fuck up my meal every single time?
>>
>>17041423
Their buffalo sauce is one of the best
>>
File: intro-1593793703.jpg (108 KB, 1000x560)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>17041872
Never saw anyone put it better than this, great post seriously.
>>17041372
When they got rid of the crown nuggets
>>
>>17041423
When made fresh and hot Sonic is a phenomenal burger for the price. I don't think much of anything else on their menu, but a double cheese burger made well is better than any other chain I can think of

Unfortunately just like every other chain they can't figure out staffing and the hot and fresh is falling by the wayside.
>>
File: BurgerKingOldNuggets.jpg (67 KB, 500x375)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
They stopped selling these
>>
>>17041372
Nothing
Here in europe at least
>>
they stopped cutting the bk chicken in half and double wrapping it
>>
>>17041372
lots but i still like them and will consume
>>
>>17041384
cut your tongue off please
>>
>>17041372
Last burger I had there was absolutely covered in mayo. Like, the burger was like a fucking slip n slide. It was gross.
>>
>>17041372
Also, a double cheeseburger is like €4.50 there whereas it was €2 when I worked in McDonald's.
>>
>>17041372
Their fries are better than McDonald's. That's about it.
>>
Mid 2000s BK was superior
>>
>>17041423
The chicken at bk is trademark good
>>
>>17041449
That’s just mayo and its flavour
>>
>>17041591
Big Macs are stupid
Bk cheeseburgers are definitely the best because they dont just taste like cheese
Gotta ask for onion tho
>>
>>17041876
Keep your receipt and talk to a manager and they’ll just replace your stuff for free
T. Worked there
>>
>>17042528
Theyre good in mayo
>>
>>17045023
Tbh if you eat enough of them you get used to it and even like it since it’s “flavour”
I don’t know what the proper amount of mayo on a burger is anymore, whether 1teaspoon or a whole cup
I just have no idea
I don’t know if there’s even such thing as too much mayo anymore
What i would give for a double whopper with extra mayo ketchup and pickles rn
Im three days into a fast so i cant
>>
Every burger king I go to is almost fully staffed by joggers now. I don't know what this says about the food but thats how it is. I like their spicy chicken sandwich though.
>>
>>17041591
>whopper
poverty tier, get a Big King or Gruyere Truffle
>>
>>17041384
this
tastelets won't agree to that
>>
>>17046358
Garlic king is sooooo good, the sauce just tastes like ceasar without anchovies but still
Unfortunately those are all limited edition things
>>
>>17041384
Based. I'm giving the fries to mickey d's though BK's sucks
>>
The BK near me was just never good.
Terrible service and food to match.
In this case I think it was just the employees were poorly trained or didn't give a shit or something, there's no way BK can be that bad everywhere.
>>
>>17042968
huh, guess i lucked out cause the sonic near me always makes it fresh, takes a while to get it but worth it

unfortunately i can never go back there, last time i went my card was rejected and the guy still gave me my food but gave me this disgusted look, like i had planned it out
>>
>>17046311
My local burger king (and only my local one) is all staffed by teenage girls now its awesome. Food is about on par with jogger tier though.
>>
>>17041384
this post makes the neurotypicals seethe
>>
>>17041372
Getting rid of their grilled chicken. Seeing as how it was flame-broiled, it was the best of the "big 3" grilled chicken sandwiches by default.
>>
>>17042878
Why did they get rid of them bros?
>>
>>17041372
um there run by alt right extremists who think women belong in the kitchen so yeah there not ok
>>
>>17048382
You don't have to be alt right to acknowledge women do belong in the kitchen.
>>
>>17041372
wage stagnation.
>>
>>17041384
the 'default' burger is better than other places, but if you order anything special it's easily one of the worst.
>>
>>17046747
>my card didn't work, so I didn't pay
>I can never go back there
Are you really such a cheap ass faggot? Just go there and pay back what you owe.
>>
>>17041372
They stopped microwaving their food and started keeping them under shitty heat lamps. Now instead of getting a steaming hot burger you get a shitty lukewarm one.
>>
File: 991ewwbeme211[1].jpg (80 KB, 956x1200)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>17041372
>What went wrong?
What went so right?
>>
>>17041559
No, even in the nineties their fries were known for being bland, gritty, and having a strange texture.
>>
>>17041372
>What went wrong?
Management.

The guy who lived behind me in Miami, a rental house close to the corporate headquarters on Old Cutler Rd, was a CEO of Burger King, a british guy. It was someone brought in to save the company having troubles since the whole food police started changing the fry formulas all over and across all the chains.
BK did well in Miami, but the save thing didn't really work. They had the same lower end service workers everyone suffered with in a community that had increasing labor costs while their employees migrated from kids in college with spunk and energy and migrated to full-timers who were actually slow grandmas supported by their immigrant children. Service was slow, even in a drive thru.
Lack of dessert.

I still like a whopper more than any other fast food burger, but I probably have one only twice a year.
>>
>>17041372
They didn't use cute girl feet for their foot lettuce.
>>
>>17041372
They like most fast food places (Wendy’s sort of seems to be the exception) don’t serve the food hot. Of course occasionally you get hot fries and that’s what keeps a lot of people coming back.
Don’t underestimate what heat does to food, it releases a lot of flavor and generally makes it more pleasant to eat.
>>
burger king meat has no flavor to me

its like they dont season it at all. it tastes like the cube steak my mom would make me as a kid, almost the same shit texture too

fries are absolute dogshit too
>>
>>17041372
Literally shit everything except for mozzarella sticks and fries
>>
>>17041372
they hired a women
>>
>>17048930
The entire Grill Masters range is better than anywhere else
>>
>>17041384
fpbp /thread
>>
>>17045023
That's their schtick. It's always been what separates their burgers from other fast food offerings.
>>
>>17047460
Nobody buys grilled chicken though.
>>
File: chickemfrie.jpg (8 KB, 299x168)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>17041372
I like their chicken fries. The box is very cute.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.