[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: almonds are shit.jpg (51 KB, 680x680)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Got some from Costco, tried making pancakes with it, suddenly there were yellow solid clumps in the pancake batter. No matter how much I stirred or tried crushing them, the batter was already ruined. The pancakes turned out just a mess of pancake mix which was admittedly tasty but can never be formed/shaped properly like a real pancake. And almond flour tastes slightly saltier than regular. I'm sure the salt I added was minimal.
>>
Almond flour isn’t flour, and you can’t use it like flour. There’s no gluten in it to hold things together the same way as wheat. You have to change the whole recipe to used almond powder.
>>
bro you're not supposed to just swap out wheat flour with almond flour. This stuff is used to make things like marzepan
>>
>>16829479
who the fuck forms/shapes their pancake batter? you just pour it into the pan and cook it.
>>
>>16829479
Make some delicious cookies like bethmannchen
>>
>>16829504
What I mean is you can't even flip it over to cook the other side without the whole thing falling apart. You're not gonna have a proper formed pancake, just a messy mash of heated up batter that's salty for some reason
>>
>>16829572
anon you are gonna make go make an almond flour pancake just to show what a retard you are
>>
You are a fucking retard, OP
>>
>>16829479
This is one of the few things that will just absolutely blow my colon out every single time I try to eat it. I guess I'm somewhat sensitive to phytic acid. >>16829479
>>
>>16830428
Show me how to do it then, I'm making a 2nd batch today because I might as well get rid of the almond flour anyway
>>
>>16829479
based retard. Coconut flour mogs almond flower, oat flower is also kino.
>>
>>16831143
>coconut flour
Everyone says it's drier than almond flour and tastes like dirt. Is it just a healthier choice or what
>>
I made the 2nd batch, almond flour won't stick together like anon said, internet says I need Guar Gum or other binders. As a final cope, I just made sheet pan pancakes in the oven and they were alright
>>
>>16829479
do glutenlets really?
>>
>>16831473
Use psyllium husk as a binder and your pancakes will give you god-tier shits.
(I have no clue if this works but I'm probably gonna try soon)
>>
I have literally, unironically, at no point in my time upon this earth, even entertained a fleeting consideration of purchasing “””almond flour”””.

But I do appreciate your confirmation that my completely passive disregard for its existence was, indeed, the proper course of action.
Thank you for your service, OP. If I could buy you a drink, I would.
>>
>>16831785
> your pancakes will give you god-tier shits
It's okay anon, you can just say your boyfriend complained of shitdick.
>>16831800
It has its uses. It's great as a sprinkle on ice cream and cakes, for example. It's just not a "flour".
>>
I made really good almond cookies with it so youre just a faggot
>>
File: almondcookies2.jpg (122 KB, 740x490)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
yeah ricciarelli. not really sure what else you'd use almond flour though besides pastries
>>
>>16831928
Post the recipe
>>
>>16829486
THEN WHY IS IT CALLED FLOUR
>>
The bakewell tart is all the justification almond flour needs for existing

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.