[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1611914567739.jpg (625 KB, 2125x1587)
625 KB
625 KB JPG
Ok bros, how the FUCK do I make raw kale not make me want to vomit while eating it?
>>
lemon vinagrette, pumpkin seeds, parmesan cheese. let it marinate for a bit. the dressing completely masks the bitterness of the leaves (discard the ribs).
>>
>>16453982
Dont eat raw kale you weirdo.
>>
>>16453990
>(discard the ribs).
Wait you aren't supposed to eat the stems?
>>
>>16453982
You have to massage the kale until it turns a dark green. The texture is pretty nice afterwards.
>>
What about spinach instead
>>
>>16453982
>eating raw goitrogens

Enjoy your thyroid issues.
>>
>>16454018
You could, but they're really woody. Cut them out. Also:
>fry the kale in a really hot pan with some oil - it will be noisy and shit, but it's worth it
>let dry on paper towels
>mix with shaved parmesan and toasted pine nuts
wa la, perfect kale salad
>>
>>16453982
I add it to some dahl before it's finished cooking
>>
>>16453982
Stew it and add pork belly, sausages and potatoes
>>
The disgusting bitter taste is anti nutrients, the plants defense system, they don't want to be eaten hehehehe
>>
oil and season, put in the oven forq for about 10-20 minutes at 140C, should make it nice and crispy
>>
>>16453982
I soak it in warm water with salt and vinegar. Cooking it helps too. Raw kale sucks.
>>
>>16453982
Replace romaine with kale in caesar salad
>>
>>16454361
This, but be sure to stew it with cream.
>>
>>16453982
Everything tastes better with Ranch.
>>
>>16453982

my sister just cooks it with garlic and lemon juice in a pan
>>
>>16453982
Try coating them with a tangy vinaigrette mixed with the spicy piss of a goth gamer girl gf. My goth gamer girl gf on onlyfans brews me a refreshing batch of hot fizzy piss every month for me, her "biggest D", while contorting her kawaii face into a LEWD ahegao!
>>
>>16453982
Blend it and don't chew. Wala nothing eaten nothing vomited.
>>
>>16453982
why are you eating raw kale. some greens are meant to be cooked.
>>
>>16454551
What's wrong with you?
>>
>>16454896
Try it sometime, man. It's amazing.
>>
Blend it into a smoothie. It'll turn it gray, green, or brown, but it won't affect the flavor unless you're a giant fucking baby
>>
>>16454896
What is so shocking about that? People do it with spinach all the time.
>>
>>16453982
Saute it in a pan with olive oil and garlic until wilted.
Hit it with salt, pepper and lemon juice at the end.
>>
>>16453982
Wash, dry, hand massage with some oil (depending on the recipe either peanut or olive), let rest you should be good to go.
>>
File: MG_1308.jpg (142 KB, 650x433)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
all vegetables can be greatly improved by cooking them on a pan with some oil and letting them caramelized, especially broccoli which becomes fucking amazing with some cooking wine, shit's seriously so good I don't even need to have any chicken with it
>>
Blend with apples or apple juice. I'm pretty fond of the flavor of apple and kale together. Banana is great too.
>>
>>16453982
If a food makes you want to vomit while eating it, you shouldn't eat that food. Eat foods that you find yummy instead
>>
add sugar and ranch and a little bit of chocolate seasoning
>>
>>16453982
You need to massage the leaves. Get them wet and rub them roughly with fingers to break down the cells and structure. They will still have a little crunch but will be way easier to eat in a salad etc
>>
>>16454236
>>16454397
It's hard to understand you when you've got Dr. Oz's quack cock jammed into your mouth.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.