[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: image_2021-07-21_195101.png (260 KB, 1024x768)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
I'm trying to eat a full garlic bulb a day, but man oh man, just a clove is rough
>>
>>16452715
>I'm trying to eat a full garlic bulb a day
Stop trying, please.
>>
once i ordered a sandwich and they put one big ass uncut clove in the middle of it, it made me realize i love raw garlic
>>
You gotta either roast it or swallow the cloves whole.
>>
>>16453041
I cut it up, chew, and swallow with water like a pill. I don't even know why. I just like garlic
>>
>>16452715
What's wrong op did you catch a tape worm?
>>
>>16452715
Make some aioli, brother. Traditionally it's made with only oil and garlic. It's super spicy, but very spreadable and tasty.
>>
you could try butt-chugging them
>>
>>16452715
If you have to force yourself to do something like that it's usually your body telling you it's not good for some reason. Even if something is good for you, that doesn't mean you can't have too much and turn it into something bad. I think I've read garlic thins your blood and since it kills bacteria a whole head of raw garlic might actually start killing the beneficial bacteria in your digestive system.
>>
>>16452715
crush it, chop thinly and add to scrambled eggs;
>>
>>16452715
Why?
>>
If you're really fucking serious about eating a whole bulb of garlic a day for health benefits, you should lactoferment them first. Makes them more mellow like roasted garlic, with more health benefits.
Peel the cloves, 2-4 % salt, ziplock bag at room temp out of the sun for 3 weeks. 3 weeks shouldn't matter if you make continuous batches
>>
>>16453056
Don't chew it, makes it harder. I chop it up and just just swallow it, wash it down with water. Also a whole bulb is alot, I think 3-5 cloves would be enough
>>
>>16454452
So you're talking about activating the garlic?
>>
>>16452715
Just pickle it, dummy.
>>
I've been eating a bulb of black garlic a day lately that my mother in law is making for me. It's a lot less harsh than normal garlic (actually pretty tasty). Also, it has more health benefits than normal garlic.
>>
>>16452715
that sounds disgusting. you know they have garlic pills
>>
>>16452715
I can smell you through my monitor op.
>>
Whenever you want to eat large amounts of something it's best to leave fibers behind.
Just juice hundreds of garlic bulbs and drink the juice.
>>
>>16452715
i eat 500 garlics a day, grow a pair OP
>>
>>16452715
Eat black garlic instead its's healthier and tastier.
>>
>>16452715
Just make a dank garlic bread or mix it with some pasta and butter, I'm sure you could make some ruthless aioli's too
>>
>>16455713
Or a garlic creme fraiche' pizza that's so dank you only need a few pieces a day
>>
>>16452715
....why?
>>
>>16453041
>swallow the cloves whole
apparently one of the main things that makes garlic good for you comes from an enzyme thats activated when the garlic is crushed/chopped. so you should crush it, chop it, let it sit so the enzymes can produce their bullshit(ive read 10 minutes will elicit the maximum), then down and chase
>>
>>16452715
my roommate covers toast in griebenschmalz and then chops raw garlic onto it and eats it. seems like it could be good
>>
File: h867vukrlg141.png (1.17 MB, 1920x1080)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>16455910
ALLISIN! IT'S ALLICIN!
>>
>>16452715
slow bake it. then use as a spread or add to dishes.
>>
If you are doing it for the health benefits dont bother unless you eat it raw and crushed. I eat about 4 large raw cloves a day with my scrambled eggs & veg. Avocado and cheese helps mask the taste
>>
>>16452715
Eat it with salo.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.