[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

First they were replacing plastic with those shit paper straws that break apart, and now they're trying to get rid of straws altogether with these sipper style lids.

Has anyone else noticed these cuck lids getting popular?
>>
These have always been the Dunkin donut medium coffee lids since like 2013 as far as I remember
>>
Those lids have been around forever, and are literally everywhere, mostly for coffee.
>>
I still get to use plastic straws and styrofoam cups because I’m not living in an oversocialized mouse utopia concrete shithole.
>>
some disabled people need straws to drink
ooops, I mean everything's great
>>
>>16258770
Like you?
>>
>>16258780
what do you mean
>>
you vill drink from ze sippy cup
>>
Every time someone tries to serve me a cold drink with ice in one of these sippy cups I always ask for a straw. Not because I need it to drink the beverage, but because I enjoy cramming it up my ass.
>>
i like the sippy lids but if my drink has a lot of ice i will usually ask for a straw. i keep a bag of plastic straws in my car for my grandma though, she's hemi-paralyzed and needs a bendy straw for most stuff now that's she's getting up there in age.
>>
tropical smoothie has an edible lime straw that's pretty tasty, everyone should convert to something similar
>>
>>16258770
Think of the environment bigot. Nevermind that paper straw production dumps far more CO2 into the atmosphere per unit than plastic straws.
>>
When I worked at a coffee shop, they made the switch to those sippy lids for all drinks about a week after I started. The first day, a cranky old bitch grabbed her iced latte then proceeded to pour it all down the front of her shirt, moaning and shaking the whole time. Then she jammed a finger in my face and said, “this wouldn’t have happened if you just gave me a straw!”
That’s my story.
>>
>>16258770
Straws were only invented so women wouldn't ruin their lipstick.
>>
>>16258746
Don't these sip lids require more plastic than a straw? Especially a 32oz lid?
>>
>>16258746
Eliminating straws is eco-ableist because many handicapped people need them to drink on their own
>>
>>16259307
Good goyim, sip up your estrogen packed plastic chemicals
>>
>>16258746
>cuck lids
Those are just normal coffee lids.
You're the real cuck for even making this thread
>>
>>16259967
They can be made of the same paper shit as the rest of the cup
>>
>>16259949
>Drinking a milkshake or boba tea directly from the cup

Fuck turtles if this is the life of the future
>>
>o noes straw is evil plastics!
>u no straws!
>u plastic sippy sippy cup
>lid made of plastic
>paper cups are lined with plastic
>plastic stirstirystirring sticks
>plastic spooon
>plastic frok
>every other product packed in plastic
>b-b-but only teh plastic straws r bad!!!
Civilization is ruined by this hypnotism, "Look here, look at this, LOOK ONLY AT THIS!!!", trying to distract you from realizing you're paying $40 for a $1.50 drink you can make yourself.
>>
>>16258746
They've been using them at Hungry Jack's, but most times they put a straw in anyway. They're badly designed, though. There needs to be a second tab at the back to break the vacuum. It's possible to sip without enclosing the hole, but it's a bit awkward.
>>
>>16260300
why are you drinking with a fork
>>
>>16258746
I remember going on a tour across the US once and this faggot (as in, an actual faggot) literally spiked an autistic girl's drink with salt as a joke because she had the audacity to use a straw.
>>
I've never really like using straws, would rather just remove the lid or drink from the cup. Only resort to using them if I end up at one of those milk tea places that give sealed cups that you need to pierce. Even then, I'd still rather use a spoon to eat the jellies, or even better, those long stirrer spoons that some places will give if you eat in
>>
>>16260300
Yikes to the power of 10
>>
>>16259329
She wanted you to take her in the back and help her clean off.
>>
I laugh when its paper straw but the cup is still plastic
>>
>not owning a metal straw
>>
>>16258746
Do people really need a sippy lid or a straw to drink a beverage?
>>
>>16260300
Once you lay all your groceries on the table you find out how much plastic packaging there actually is. The single focus on ONE small factor that doesnt even affect everyone globally is laughable and all the promoters of such retarded put-a-bow-on-shit ideas should be shunned and disregarded.
>>
>>16260938
Helps prevent sloshing when carrying a drink in a car, supposedly a huge thing in America. Ive never once used cupholders for anything other than chewing gum and sunglasses.
>>
>>16260938
Do you really NEED half the shit you have?
>>
>>16258746
These have been around for decades. They work for coffee, so what's your problem with drinking other liquids out of them?
>>
>>16258746
Companies are doing this because people keep littering and then blame government for not taking action. They go back to the private sector and blame them. Since people won't take responsibility, we have to have these shitty cups, but it's worth it to stop the environment being destroyed from trash. It's not just "city people" either, my old town was near a beautiful forest and a McDonald's, and people would just throw their food and junk out the window, it looked so bad. Remember the next time you say "not my problem" just think of these shitty paper cups and straws we now have to use. Yes, it is your problem.
>>
>>16261112
My problem as in I have to look at all that fucking trash, not my problem as in Im not responsible for the actions of others and fixing their fuckus or educating them.
Just post a death penalty for littering.
>>
>>16261166
>death penalty for littering
>in a rush to get to work in the morning
>leave coffee cup on roof of car and drive away by mistake
>litter police pull me over
>get summarily executed
based
>>
>>16261184
Why do you carry a cup to your car?
Either you have it at home at which point leave it in the sink, or if you have time to pick up coffee-to-go you were not in a rush in the first place.

So yes, totally deserved.
>>
>>16261188
I drink my coffee in the car on the way to work. If accidentally littering gives someone the death penalty, i'm totally on board.
>>
>>16260300
b-but it's about MAKING A DIFFERENCE™
>>
>>16259307
Fuck the environment.
>>
File: vdwbhigh.gif (1 KB, 189x190)
1 KB
1 KB GIF
I left a 2/3rds full iced lemonade drink with a paper straw in it inside my car. A couple days later the paper straw was completely gone, not a trace of it left, it had dissolved entirely into the lemonade. Pretty cool IMO
>>
>>16258746
good, everything that goes through a paper straw tastes like despair

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.