[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Try actually counting calories, macros etc.

Look at any American food product or go on any American website (provided it'll actually give you any fucking info without forcing you to register instantly) and you'll see this shit:
> serving
What __________THE FUCK_________ is a fucking serving? It's touted as if it's some popular measure when in fact it depends on the SPECIFIC FOOD you're trying to calculate calories for. SO YOU ALSO NEED TO WHAT THE FUCK DOES A SERVING MEAN ***FOR THIS SPECIFIC FUCKING FOOD***.
But you know why it's bullshit anyway? Because it's supposed to be "practical, the amount you actually gonna eat" - except guess what? HOW MUCH YOU SERVE DEPENDS ON WHO THE FUCK YOU'RE ACTUALLY SERVING.
And NOBODY. NOBODY. Can be this fucking stupid to think this bullshit is better THAN JUST GIVING INFO FOR FUCKING 100g.

Now let's grab some eggs. Oh hey, they have info on the package - how useful! Oh wait...
THE FUCKING INFO IS FOR 100g NOW INSTEAD OF PER FUCKING EGG.
ONE MOTHERFUCKING INSTANCE WHERE IT'S OBVIOUSLY BETTER TO GIVE YOU INFO PER PORTION (IE FUCKING EGG) AND THEY GIVE YOU INFO PER 100 FUCKING GRAMS.
Guess what they don't tell you? HOW MUCH THE FUCKING EGG WEIGHS. So it's not really usable this info is it? FUCKING CUNTS.

They do this to confuse you as much as possible so you just give up the idea of measuring your food's calories and macros and just shove shit down your face and don't fucking complain. And they succeed EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

ITT: examples of this BS practice
>>
>>16050461
Most people just need to learn to put down the fork rather than learn to count.
>>
>>16050469
I'm trying to gain weight and this shit is infuriating.
>>
I agree. It requires more math than the average person retains, potentially. I've noticed it myself. Another thing they do is list the calories for a given recipe without oil, butter, sugar, milk, etc.
>>
>>16050461
Shut up fat boy
>>
they usually list servings per container as well, you can just multiply by how much of the container you use
>>
>>16050489
Yeah but guess what that is? A couple of extra fucking steps. Go run through the hoop, little hamster, go run through hook of spikes and fire - you'll get your calorie info immediately after. Promise!
>>
>>16050551
absolutely not gonna make it fatty.
>>
>>16050551
then dont do that
>>
>>16050461
>checks my carton of eggs
>Serving: 1 egg (50g)
What eggs are you buying, anon?
>>
>look at net weight on egg carton
>divide by eggs that came in the carton
Wa la, bone apple teeth
>>
>>16050461
>retard throws up a post visible from outer space probably blaming companies for why he's a fatass
just do 10 laps around the building after you eat bro
>>
Losing weight is simple:

Only liquid you should drink is water. Liquids can be seen as pre-digested food, so they don't fill you up as easily.
Count the ratio of calories to fiber or protein. High carbs and low protein = less filling, more fattening. High protein or fiber, low carbs = less fattening, but more filling.
Don't be afraid to go hungry or skip meals if you're distracted. Eating 2 large meals a day is far better than eating 5 small meals a day, because you usually end up eating roughly the same amount per meal.
>>
File: unknown-1.png (50 KB, 510x578)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>16050461
If you're trying to lose weight you should eat less processed food in general. You should also be able to measure the major calorie contributers by weight.
>>
>>16050477
just GOMAD you nerd
>>
>>16050461
>place plate on scale and zero it
>place egg on plate
>weighs 60g
>100g of egg has 150 calories
>(60/100)*150 = 90 calories
It's basic math you little bitch
>>
>>16050461
there is nothing wrong with servings you tubby little sperg. is basic math too hard for you?
>>
>>16050483
>It requires more math than the average person
No it does not. It literally gives you all the percentages and numbers right on the box. It couldn’t be simpler if they tried to make it so.
>>
>>16050461
Metric is the measure of autism. If you cant pinch salt into a cup of milk to throw into a pound of meat, you're probably part of your own problem.
>>
>>16050483
>more math than the average person retains
please tell me you're joking, or a literal retard
>>
>>16050461
>counting calories
NGMI
>>
>>16051410
do you seriously think people in metric countries don't pinch their milk
and there are metric cups too
>>
>>16051410
I MEASURE MY FOOD THROUGH PINCHES OUNCES OODLES AND BUCKREMPEPS ONE BUCKREMPEP OF VINEGAR IN A PORTPINT OF ONION BROTH WITH A FINGER OF A KINGS FOOT OF A YARD OF LARD IS ALL I NEED TO MAKE THE BEST GALLON OF TEN GALLON PORKNUCKLE BULLDICK YOU'VE EVER PLUM DONE DADGUM GONE TASTED
>>
>>16051410
>>16051527
*pinch their salt I mean
>>
>>16050461
Eggs vary a little in weight, but they usually weigh 50g.
>>
>>16050461
Literally every egg I brought gave serving. sizes in eggs. Are you a europoor?
>>
>>16050483
Or if it's necessary they use super skimmed milk, which is basically water, in their calculations. And the serving size? 5 gummibears. Yeah sure. What am I, a 3 yo?
>>
>>16050461
>see amount per serving
>check number of servings per package
>"oh so if I make 4 meals from this thing it will contribute XXXXX calories to the meal because there are 4 servings per package"
>OP: HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS LITERALLY FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE AAAAAAAAA I'M GOING INSAAAAANE
filtered
>>
>>16052529
Except if you don't eat in perfect integers of servings, you'll have to calculate how many fucking calories are in 100g and then calculate how much you'll eat. As opposed to: SIMPLY HAVING INFO FOR 100 FUCKING g.
>>
>>16050461
>THE FUCKING INFO IS FOR 100g
mine says 1 egg and gives the calories for that.
you seem tense. are you menstrating?
>>
>>16051410
B-b-b-but everything is in tens and hundreds! Who cares if the units are completely disconnected from real world pragmatism
>>
>>16052723
you eat in perfect intervals of 100g?
>>
>>16053562
If I know how much is in 100g, I can calculate for whatever. If I know how much is in a """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""SERVING"""""""""""""""""""""""""" I have to first calculate how the fuck much is the serving to begin with and then calculate how much """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""SERVINGS""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" I just had which usually gonna be like 2.6351254238 totally fucking killing the whole purpose of a "pragmatic handy measurement"
>>
>>16050461
>What __________THE FUCK_________ is a fucking serving?
It's uh, right there in the name.
>>
File: index.jpg (492 KB, 1934x1289)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
>>16053618
>I have to first calculate how the fuck much is the serving to begin with
???
>>
>>16050461
If counting calories confuses you are are legit low IQ retard.
>>
Just go for a walk. If you do nothing, do so by walking. You can probably walk 3 miles an hour. Go for a walk at that pace for an hour and 20-30 minutes a day. You can eat whatever you want and are guaranteed to lose weight. All you need to do is burn more calories than you take in. It isn't hard at all you just need to not be a lazy ass and do it.
>>
Most of you incels never even looked at a nutrition label and it shows.
>>
>>16050461
lol why would you change how many eggs you eat because they changed the display of nutritional info? just eat the same amount of eggs wtf
>>
>>16053676
Not every product has that.
>>
File: index.jpg (872 KB, 2048x2731)
872 KB
872 KB JPG
>>16053729
Every product has that.
>>
OP, you are very nearly too stupid to survive
>>
>>16053731
Your proof is to show a second product? Very bright there.
>>
>>16053729
They’re literally required to unless it’s a weird organic farmers market
>>
>>16054123
I could sit here and hit image limit with as many labels as you like but that is not a productive use of my time. You're a big boy, you can read the labels by yourself.

The only labels I'm aware of without defined serving sizes are products that aren't divided into servings at all. Which, y'know, only makese sense.
>>
>>16054177
>>16054150

Defend a "cup" then.
>>
>>16050461
>math is hard
a lot of home schooled children have this problem
>>
>>16054226
What's to defend? Do you also not know what a cup is?
>>
>>16054378
It's another retarded unit of measure that's completely fucking meaningless since how much volume and mass (which a cup is supposed to both in the greatest traditions of retarded US units) it is IN REALITY depends on how minced the thing is. The smaller the particles the less volume and more mass they will take.

So basically I'm required to memorize an extra UNNECESSARY bullshit unit with a pretense of being "handy" but which in fact I CANNOT ACTUALLY MEASURE IN PRACTICE - since my minced onions may take 1.5 cups (btw what KIND of fucking cup are we talking about? There are millions of various volumes) even though it's the same amount as what is called a "1 cup", so the whole purpose of it is totally fucking wasted.

All it does is makes you have to memorize some shit you don't need and confuses you MORE.
>>
>>16054495
>(btw what KIND of fucking cup are we talking about?

A cup. Y'know, like, a measuring cup.
Do you really not know what a cup is? Or are you just frothing yourself up into an autistic fit for the sake of it?
>>
>>16054512
There are millions of cups of various sizes. I had a couple of measuring cups. Guess what? THEY GO TO DIFFERENT VOLUMES.
>>
>>16054529
In the US there is only one cup.
Where do you live?
>>
>>16054533
Europe. You just go to any store and you will see various transparent cup with volumes on them and they go to different volumes
>>
File: index.jpg (79 KB, 1500x1280)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>16054554
Christ alive, do you earnestly need someone to explain to you how to read the graduations on a measuring cup?
>>
>>16054562
We don't have those "1 CUP, 2 CUP" written.
>>
>>16054585
That's because europe doesn't use cups, so this whole argument is pointless.
If you're converting from US recipes, use US cups.
>>
>>16054562
Damn. Eternally triggered anon strikes again.
>>
>nooo I can't count calories there are subtle variations in the weight of the eggs

Holy shit that's not why you're a fatty. Calorie counting is naturally imprecise, but lards always eat way too fucking much to the point it will be extremely obvious even by the most rough calculations. Just do the math for a while to realize how much you're eating and retrain yourself to human-sized portions. Once your body gets used to not being constantly stuffed by every meal you can stop the autism
>>
>>16050461
>This Just In: Fat people are lazy and can't do simple math.

Color me surprised.. .
>>
When I am going that optimal I am cooking mostly with whole foods and can measure out my own approximates. I can also approximate off of nutrition labels. Calorie counting is a process of estimation not exactness. Then it is coupled with nutrition (micros/macros/fiber/protein) and your /fit/ plan.

Calorie counting is not difficult. It is difficult to start and to maintain.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.