[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pasta-carbonara-resize-6.jpg (113 KB, 1200x1500)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Just a reminder that when people say carbonara, most think of:

>Cream
>Bacon
>Parsley
>Garlic
>Parmesan

Carbonara is America's dish now.
>>
>>15907978
bump
>>
Cuisine adapts, evolves and changes. Should it still be called Carbonara anymore? No, probably not, but it sure is fun listening to spaghetti niggers complain about "their food" being made wrong. Why the fuck are the French and Italians such huge faggots when it comes to food?
>>
I use cream in alfredo but not carbonara, just the egg and cheese makes a unique texture that cream would ruin
>>
>>15907978
i thought carbonara had peas until a russian used yandex to berate me for ten minutes explaining that carbonara does not fucking have peas
>whatever cured pork
>garlic
>grated pecorino
>egg yolk
>black pepper
>peas
fuck was my mom doing. really good though, you should try peas in your egg yolk bacon pasta
>>
If you dont feel the difference between cream and eggs your palate is shit.
You can cook use cream if you want, but people that have a clue will just silently laugh at you.
>>
>>15907978
I like to do my 'nara with some mushrooms, sliced steak, and hot sauce. As well as with the standard ingredients you listed

>>15908137
>>15908112
>>15908101
Italians and Italian sympathizers need to leave
>>
>>15908182
What in my post makes you think I sympathize with the pasta refugees? They're pretentious asswipes. But the dish is no longer carbonara, name it something else and preferably not something fucking Italian.
>>
>>15908182
learn to read americANO
>>
>>15907978
Porco dio, che schifo.

I'm Italian and I'm from Rome so you have this very rare opportunity to learn how to make a Carbonara.

I'm not an fundamentalist, just make it good and tasty.
if you don't have guanciale (pork cheek) just use bacon, but good bacon at least.
No fucking cream, you disgusting subhumans, you have to create the cream with eggs (preferably only yolk, but 1 egg white, 2 yolk it's fine), Parmesan (I don't expect you know what Pecorino Romano is, so whatever...) and a bit of cooking water.
Also add pepper here, a lot of pepper. Pepper is the real secret for a good Carbonara.

Cook the pasta, meanwhile make the sauce with egg and Parmesan, make the bacon crispy in a fry pan but don't burn it. When it's crispy put some of it aside and don't you dare to throw away the cooking fat from the bacon (fuck cholesterol). When the pasta is cooked ("al dente") put it in the pan with the cooking fat and a bit of cooking water, stir-fry it for few seconds and TURN OFF THE FUCKING FIRE, it's not an omelette.
Wait few seconds and add the sauce, stir it and add a little bit more of cooking water until it's creamy enough.
Garnish with some of the crispy bacon you previously put aside, more pepper and Parmesan.

Buon appetito, faggots.
>>
>>15907978
In my mother’s Jew York Times, they published a recipe for carbonara with tomatoes and bacon.
>>
>>15908101
I can't remember who said it, but there's a great quote from someone about the French that basically goes "The French will call a basic culinary technique a French technique because otherwise they wouldn't have cuisine at all."
>>
>>15908244
do you know jojo?
>>
Why is carbonara of all things the dish that greaser wops throw shitfits about? It was invented in the fucking 50's by GI's. Yet Italioids act like it's their most sacred of traditions.
>>
>>15908579
>streaming
You didn't need to put a name for your post
>>
File: 1617495325040.png (69 KB, 400x360)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>15908244
>>15908612
I watched youtube something and he did the exact same thing. I tried it on my own and it really was really nice, though kinda salty. You italians should make more youtube cooking videos. Italian cooking videos made by americans are a nighmare.
>>
>>15907978
americhads... i kneel
>>
>>15908529
no one knows, but i've unironically seen fights break out over it
>>
File: 1521416270647.jpg (55 KB, 765x801)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>15908244
>(I don't expect you know what Pecorino Romano is, so whatever...)
>>
>>15908244
Correct. Also the colonies were a mistake.
>>
https://youtu.be/A-RfHC91Ewc
>>
>>15907978
>Carbonara is America's dish now.
It was always America's dish
>>
>>15907978
Haha no
>>
>>15907978
i do pancetta, 2 egg yolks, pecorino/parmigiano, black pepper. Its so simple and tastes great i dont see why you would use cream instead of eggs.
>>
>>15907978
What else would you think of? Those are the core ingredients. A bit of cream perfects it.
>>
>>15908119
Guanciale, egg yolk, pecorino romano, fresh cracked pepper, that's it.
>>
>>15907978
Is this the /ck/ version of BBC threads?
>It's over italyboi
>>
>>15909093
what do you do with the leftover whites? meringue?
>>
>>15907978
Just a reminder most people can't cook for themselves and as a result are obese, diseased fucktards that need obliterated from the face of this planet
>>
>>15908244
based
>>
>>15909502
m8 everyone knows about pecorino, parading it around like some unspoken secret only makes you sound pretentious
>>
>>15909467
"made for bbw"
>>
Why do Americans get so searingly butthurt when informed that they are wrong about something?
>>
>>15908182
>I like to do my 'nara with some mushrooms, sliced steak, and hot sauce. As well as with the standard ingredients you listed
What the actual fuck holy shit
>>
>>15909593
because fat, ugly people are more prone to negative emotions
>>
>>15908505
>I can't remember who said it
some seething jelly bean
>>
>>15907978
>carbonara
No peas, no good
>>
hijacking somewhat related thread to ask:

i've recently become obsessed with aglio e olio and cacio e pepe so what simple and fast pasta dish should I try next? preferably no meat involved
>>
>>15910022
Smokey tomato carbonara
>>
File: pizza-usa.jpg (68 KB, 615x340)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Also pizza would fall into the same category. When the world thinks of pizza they think of American pizza. Not burnt toast with some random leaves.
>>
>>15908617
>I tried it on my own and it really was really nice, though kinda salty.
Well, all the ingrediesnts are very salty, try to better balance them.

Anyway I can suggest you a great and funny Italian Youtube cooking channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiSQXkKZ-c4
>>
>>15910022
cherry tomato and pecorino pasta
>>
>>15910022
make your own pesto
>>
>>15908119
She was using what she had
>>
>complicating carbonara
it's piss easy to make (i sometimes make it without meat if i'm lazy or out) and extremely delicious, i don't know why people feel the need to add more. if you need more creaminess, just add another egg yolk or two.
>>
I always cooked carbonara with cream when i was younger, after trying it out with eggs i came to the conclusion that it was superior.

Ill add garlic from time to time when i get bored of the plain recipe.
>>
>>15910022
al limone
>>
>>15910750
It's not actually carbonara if you don't use cream.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.