[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Anaconda_Loreto_Peru.jpg (449 KB, 1200x899)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
People who have tried snake, various critters, rats, possum always say it taste like chicken.
Could it be because chicken actually doesn't taste that much, unless organic and spiced up?
>>
>>15099911
"Tastes like chicken" is partly just a generic expression. Lean meat from reptiles has a texture similar to chicken, but with a distinctly "fishy" taste.
>>
its how to identify a tastelet that they would use the word "chicken" and not "mild" because that's what they really mean. They mean the meat is mild
>>
snake has dust on head
>>
File: wzs0p0vxjl721.jpg (51 KB, 640x640)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>15100025
>>
I've had rattlesnake, and in no way does the flavor resemble chicken.
>>
>>15100289
Then you're supposed to tell what it did taste like.
Didn't you read the 4chan_manual_ck.pdf?
>>
>>15100215
that's a water snake
>>
>>15100289
You probably smeared some of it's gland excretions on the meat and it tasted like streaky underwear.
>>
File: BT_Lee.png (1.09 MB, 822x1080)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>15100215
what is it with redditors and their obsession with babytalk
>>
>>15099911
snakes make good rat food
>>
>>15100578
Poor snek :(
>>
File: hoggy.jpg (1.62 MB, 2960x1440)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>15100215
back off!
>>
>>15099911

I just had a bite of some python jerky I bought. It's okay. There's definitely a certain tang to it. I would describe it as 'rustic', something like pine or tree bark? Not unpleasant, would like to see snake meat used more. Unlike t*rtle.
>>
There's just no evolutionary reason for muscle fiber and protein to taste drastically different just because it's in a different form. So everything just taste like chicken
>>
>>
>>15100643
that rat is way too big for that snake, I'm not sure what the expected to happen
you should feed your snake animals that are they same width around as your snake
>>
>>15100734
Nice snake
>>
>>15100442
Its cute faggot :3 :3
>>
>>15099955
I've had alligator before and it tasted the way you described. I assumed it tasted like fish because it lives in the water but you're saying all reptiles taste like this?
>>
>>15099911

DESU I always thought rattlesnake tasted more like frog's legs.

It has the consistency of chicken, but a very mild (or bland) taste.
>>
>>15101590
the "fish" taste as I understand it isn't due to living in the water. It comes from a protein in the muscles, the name of which escapes me, and the function of the protein is to keep the muscle more supple in a high pressure environment.
now just because an animal has higher levels of this protein doesn't necessarily mean it's aquatic, but if it is aquatic it almost definitely has higher levels of this protein
it's why fish just sort of falls apart and is very delicate even before cooking

that's what I've come to understand at least
>>
>>15100643
A rat is more intelligent and capable of emotion than a stupid snake, good for him I say
>>
>>15099955
>>15099911
this, most europoids simply lack tastebuds so they can only go by texture.

texturewise a lot of things are similar to chicken.

tastewise not at all. reptiles and amphibians taste fishy, wild game like venison has a distinct "metallic" taste.

I highly doubt that possum/racoon would actually taste like chicken or pork in terms of flavor.
>>
>>15099911
if someone says it tastes like chicken, they want to call you a bitch but they're holding it back.
>>
>>15100578
Based and antievolutionarypilled
>>
>>15100578
how the hell does that work
>>
>>15100578
kek if that's a poisonous snake
weird if that's a good snake
>>
>>15102331
'fishy' isn't even what fish taste like
it's what off fish smells like
having eaten it several times, fresh snake does not taste 'fishy' at all
>>
OP is actually right.
I've eaten just about every kind of animal I could get my hands on, chicken doesn't taste like much to begin with and chicken that's raised on whatever pellet rubish they feed them is really like a hydroponic tomato with legs
>>
>>15102395
The owner was retarded and fed his snake a rat that was way too big for him.
>>
>>15100578
Hopefully he kept the rat.
>>
File: 1554983196942.jpg (19 KB, 268x477)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Snek thread? Snek thread.
>>
File: dUImI.jpg (136 KB, 538x720)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>15100684
>*boop*
>>15104210
>*the snoot*
>>
>>15100839
I think it has autism.
>>
>>15099911
when you look at a lot of different animals a big part of what affects an animals taste is how large it is
many animals larger than cattle are said to taste beefy, while many animals that are small are said to taste like chicken.
theres other factors like the animals environment and what the animal consumes both water quality and food.
frogs taste gross, its like chicken that was soaked in a stagnant pond.
whale is supposed to be very beefy, horse is good beef, elephant is supposed to be very beefy, and I would compare some deer to veal but varies, with moose to a slightly swampy beef.
similarly enough ostrich is supposed to taste beefy despite being birds.

the animals that don't taste like chicken and beef are the weird ones, but if you follow this general rule you can cook most anything with success as long as you know what it is.
generally speaking i would avoid eating anything that eats meat both for parasite and taste reasons with the exception of bear, which is absolutely delicious.
>>
>>15099911
Possum doesn't taste like chicken.. possum tastes like a fucking grease fire.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.