[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: wake me up.jpg (93 KB, 613x800)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>
waking up to the smell of cinnamon rolls on any holiday. eating pot roast and yorkshire pudding every sunday. the warmth of a chai tea being served throughout the day as me and me friend watch movies in the sunroom.
>>
>>14502350
Best meal I ever ate was at the Reno Hilton. My parents took us out to a nice Italian place inside of it when we stayed there. I ordered the lobster ravioli, but they said they didn't have the lobster ravioli, but instead would make me a good substitute. I don't know what kind of ravioli they used, but they loaded this delicious orange sauce with mussels, prawns and other seafood. Wish I could relive that experience over and over again.
>>
>>14502350
Having the kitchen to myself, learning to cook and experimenting. Thinking about my pick-me-up beet soup as I walk back from uni. Wolfing down fresh mashed potato pancakes with sour cream.
>>
i ate a hotdog, it tasted real good, and then i watched a movie from hollywood
>>
File: 1450555594515.jpg (1.43 MB, 1920x1205)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
>>14502350
Unfortunately most of mine are restaurant or fast food related because my mom wasn't the best cook (She tries) and my dad didn't cook at all.
Also some of my favorite meals weren't even that great it was just a good time that made them memorable.

Easter at my grandmas house and she made a fucking great ham dinner with a ton of sides and it was a generally pleasant event.

Eating a whole large pizza and 4 pieces of kfc plus 2 sides during a long gaming session in high school.

Being a teenager and going out at 3AM to get IHOP with my buddies during summer vacation.

Eating a really good pizza at a family friends' beach house they let us use.

The one time I was very sick and wasn't able to really taste anything for like 2 weeks and then after I finally got over it my mom made some enchiladas and they were some of the best things I'd ever eaten.
>>
>>14502350
Cleaned, cooked, and ate some fish I caught with my dad in Japan.
I don't hunt or fish regularly so it was novel and bretty cool
>>
My grandmother used to always make a godly macaroni salad when i was a kid. She died 9 years ago but my mom still makes it every once in a while, every time i taste it it takes me back to my childhood. I still miss her lads
>>
>>14502350
Pork tonkatsu with spicy yellow curry, white rice, fresh sliced lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and a small bit of kimchi on the side. One large glass bottle of Gerolsteiner to enjoy alongside the meal.

Throw on a nice cozy movie, and boy there you have it.
>>
File: 1476661157698.gif (1.47 MB, 500x558)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>>14502350
>rainy ass day
>meet with friend because nothing to do
>decide to make pork and apple stew
>braise pork shoulder with cooking apples and veg and cider
>leave to cook for 2 hours on low
>walk my friends dog in the rain
>come back home
>windows steamed up and hearty pork stew ready
>eat and watch the rain
>good times
>>
>>14502753
based human-mimicking alien

>>14502350
>dad's 50th birthday
>lots of family friends over
>swimming in the pool before watching a friday night movie on tv with friends
>tandoori chicken off the bbq o yea
>eat it infront of the sunsetting over the ocean
>smell of the mosquito coil
>mum brings out the family recipe banana caramel cream pie
>it's so delicious
>>
File: IMG_20190831_155750.jpg (3.67 MB, 7272x3096)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB JPG
>on the trail
>just spent hours huffing it to the the shelter site that's fully developed, with a firepit and grilling gear and a bench and table but nobody knows about it because the location is so remote
>bust my ass getting there so i took off my shirt, shoes and socks and spent a few hours resting on the bench in the shade and reading dune, while my socks and shirt were drying in the sun.
>then put up my tent in case of rain
>then spend an hour or two gathering and sawing and chopping firewood
>grill some nice crusty bread, a god tier sausage, onions, mushrooms and peppers, all made tastier by the sprinkle of salt i for each i made sure i had in my backpack
>assemble the comfiest sandwich i'll ever eat
>>
>>14503436
Ahh yes, I too have fond childhood memories of my mother's cream pie.
>>
>>14503524
WAIT NO DONT RUIN IT THATS MY FAVOURITE DESSERT YOU FUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: Moskvich-2140.jpg (120 KB, 1270x700)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Dad picking me up from daycare, then waiting on my momma to finish work while eating fries with ketchup with a tiny plastic fork or toothpick from a street food vendor.
>>
>>14502350
Waking up at grandpa's house with the smell of breakfast. Was one of the few times that I actually set down with family to eat.
>>
College. Have huge crush on a qt in Latin class. I always move my desk closer to where she normally sits before class starts. She has no idea haha.
We agree to study together before the final exams.
I spend 2 hours or so studying Cicero with her, go back to my dorm room, have nothing to eat except a bag of nachos and salsa. Eat the whole thing.
That was years ago. I've been married and have had kids since then and have done a lot of living...

May be the best night of my life. She had no interest in me, and I was a massive loser so nothing happened after that. I don't blame her. But damn, walking back to my dorm that night, I was on cloud 9. I'll never experience so much joy with another person, ever. I wish that was my Groundhog's Day, so I could just experience it over and over. Oh well. So nachos and salsa I guess.
>>
>>14502350
Pizza delivery from the place my family has always ordered from. When I go home I always make sure I stop off there for a meal.
>>
>>14502350
Saturday morning in high school, eating a sesame seed bagel with cream cheese and playing natural selection 1
>>
>>14503730
Your marriage must suck
>>
Coming home from kindergarten and helping my mom cut out gingerbread shapes for baking.
>>
>>14503626
what country and year
i don't recall there being an overlap between moskviches and the era of plastic utensils and ketchup. in my cunt moskviches were practically gone by the time plastic became widespread. are you from somewhere like belarus or moldova?
>>
>>14502350
Stealing sips of my dad's beer while he was tending to whatever was on the grill
>>
>>14502350
Why don't you start instead of being a survey bitch asking stupid questions?
>>
>>14504483
Because i'm an enormous faggot...if that matters
>>
Watching a guy nodding out on ket outside a subway window as I ate a roast beef sub. He ended up napping on someone's car and the owner got fucking pissed when he came out of another store. He tried shaking him awake then took his shoes off and threw them in the parking lot. He ended up pushing the guy off his hood then bricked his horn until he woke up
>>
>>14502350
Playing in the fast food playgrounds in the 90s 00s
>>
>>14504476
Slovakia in the early 90s. I might be off on the fork, though. Been a while.
>>
File: 1554131221280.jpg (84 KB, 1242x751)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>14503436
>family recipe
>>
>>14502753
Based Zappa
>>
>>14502350
I've made pic related dozens of times. One of my absolute favorites. Heard about it via "Once upon a time in Mexico." Found a more authentic recipe than what was on the DVD, hunted down the exotic ingredients. Love it.
I got invited to a wedding in Cancun and a few of us went up to Playa del Carmen where I finally got to try the real thing off a taco truck. Blew my fucking mind. And my asshole, but it was worth it.
>>
File: 1591659085970.jpg (82 KB, 600x499)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
On holiday in northern France as a kid. Every morning my dad would go to the village and get some fresh pastries and a baguette. Woke up to amazing smells and tucked into croissants with honey and bread with strawberry jam
>take me back bros

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.