[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 0021166600000.jpg (304 KB, 1000x1000)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
My dad ended up with 10kg of ground beef, please give me recipes to keep it varied.
>>
loose meat sammies and chili
>>
>>14331125
Beef and yoghurt
>>
meatballs
meatloaf
mince meat pie
meat tacos
meat burger
meat burger helper
dirty meat rice
add some lamb and make meat gyros
salisbury meat steaks
meat stuffed peppers
meat sauce for sketti
>>
>>14331125
sloppy joe
>>
>>14331125
Scratch made chilie
>>
>>14331125
Any online recipie for bbq beef cups is pretty lame.

First, saute a whole onion, once done add and brown the ground beef. Drain and add one cup (or less) bbq sauce of choice (sweet baby rays) cook for a minute. Everything calls for using canned pillsbury biscuit dough but I can't stand it so I make my own biscuit dough with a proper butter/dough cutter. Line the cups in two 12-muffin trays or one 24-muffin tray with dough, spoon bbq beef into the cups, and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes, depending on what dough you use. Just cook according to biscuit directions.
>>
pelmeni
>>
>>14331125
One of my favorite things my dad used to make for me as comfort food.

>Cook ground beef until brown.
>Add baked beans while cooking.
>Put Frito corn chips into a large pan
>Pout cooked beef/beans on top of the chips in the pan
>Cover the top entirely with mex-blend cheese
>Wait for cheese to melt before eating

Hope that helps.
>>
Make a tomato based stew and then throw in meatballs at the end.
>>
>>14331125
Burgers
Lasagne
Cottage Pie
>>
>>14331125
making meat pies and freezing them with plastic wrap around them is the best way to keep so much ground beef before it spoils or you feel like throwing up. You can make them straight on in small ramekins or other small pie dishes so they're individual. Then you pop them right into the oven whenever you don't wanna cook.
>>
>>14331125
Shepard’s fucking pie.
/thread
>>
>>14331515
>what to do with left over mash taters
>>
>>14331515
You mean cottage pie. Shepherd's pie uses minced lamb.
>>
>>14331549
Not in the states
We only use lamb for chops, racks, and gyros.
>>
start frying potatos, add onion, add a hot pepper, add beef season everything at the end with garlic salt, pepper, and a little bit of sugar (cayenne if you want more spice)
>>
>>14331555
Ooof. Shepherd's look after sheep nor cattle.
Give me a US Shepherd's pie recipe. I will judge it.
>>
tacos, burgers, chili, spaghetti and meat sauce, meatballs, meatloaf, biscuits and gravy

I like to make fried rice with ground beef, cilantro/lime/spicy peppers/oyster and soy sauce. It's fucking delicious.

I also like to put boiled cabbage/carrot/potatoes/turnips in a frying pan with browned ground beef, lots of salt and pepper. Relatively nutritious, very affordable, very tasty. Great meal to go with boozing, be it whiskey or beer.

ground beef is super versatile and delicious. enjoy.
>>
>>14331564
it's the same but ground beef, and corn
>>
>>14331579
>no worcestershire sauce
ngmi
>>
>>14331676
there is nothing "american" about worcestershire sauce, aside from the fact that Lea&Perrins is now owned by the shit house globohomo Heinz trash company. Granted we all use it, and love it, but it's a requirement in all Shepherd Pies and produced in the UK.
>>
>>14331713
Wtf?
>there is nothing "american" about worcestershire sauce,
Never said there was
>, but it's a requirement in all Shepherd Pies
That was my point.
>>
>>14331749
Then your point was moot because i was relating the differences between UK shepherds pies and burger pies. Worcestershire sauce is a constant, and not relevant to that discussion. Glad we can agree, but if you want to argue anyway I'm down.
>>
>>14331756
>Then your point was moot because i was relating the differences between UK shepherds pies and burger pies
Shit, yeah, realise that now on rereading your post. Can you get HP Brown Sauce in the US?
>>
>>14331770
Wal-marts used to carry it but stopped and I'm pissed.
>>
>>14331125
Beef tartare unless you're afraid of a little e coli poising like a little bitch
>>
>>14331780
Yeah one of my Irish uncles who emmigrated to the US was pratically drinking it when he was over the last year. Strange because Walmart owns supermarkets here so you'd think it would be easy for them to stock.
>>
>>14331125
Shame, sky beef is far superior
>>
>>14331791
HP is the only condiment i like on fried potatoes. No HP = No Freedom Fries
>>
>>14331125
Makaroni po Flotski
>>
>>14331528
Nom
>>
>>14331125
My grandad's favourite recipe: Mince and tatties

>Fry up a load of finely chopped onions
>Salt them a bit so they release their juices
>Add in the mince and brown it
>Add in a couple of stock cubes
>Boil up some peas
>Mix some bisto powder and cold water and add it in slowly
>When it gets too thick, add in some of the water from the peas
>When you're satisfied that it's cooked and the right consistency, add in the peas
Serve with mashed potatoes (leave the skin on, just give them a thorough brushing before you boil them)
>>
>>14331125
Fry some up with salt, pepper, onion and garlic and paprika, boil some elbow macaroni, mix those two together in a casserole dish, add a mixture of whisked egg and milk. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and pop it in the oven (200 centigrade) for a long time. You want a crust, milk solids due to losing moisture and it being easy to cut into sections. You can also add other veg, but I'd try it as it is. Goes well together with vinegary things like pickled veg (or ketchup). We've fed generations of kids with this stuff.
>>
I notice no one ITT has mentioned SOS, aka Shit on a Shingle. Hamburger gravy over toast. It's a simple cream gravy made with nothing but ground beef, a bit of flour, some chopped onion, whole milk, and pepper. A dash of worcestershire sauce is optional. Serve over toasted bread for a real stick-to-your ribs meal. Don't eat it too much for the sake of your arteries.

Also seconding pelmenis and shepherds pie, they're delicious. A tip about homemade pelmens though, make sure you seal the dough well before you boil them, if they spring a leak you end up boiling the meat and it tastes awful.

Lasagna is also not a bad choice for ground beef.
>>
>>14332122
omg i forgot all about this SOS meat shingles. my mom used to make me this when she left my dad and was poor
>>
Italian meatball stew in case you get fed up with all the tomatoey recipes above. I think it might also be known as wedding soup.
>>
Ended up with? How, why?
>>
>>14332965
They met on a work outing and quickly hit it off, a few dates later and there was already talk of moving in together. They got married last week.
>>
>>14331125
Day 1 using hamburger raw:
1)fresh hamburgers on the grill or mashburgers, pat out about 4 more, wrap tightly and freeze for stovetop grilling.
2) Prep a juicy recipe 3lb meatloaf into the oven in a 9x3 pyrex in a big mound, or 3)bake individual thick patties of individual meatloaves. To keep it juicy and suitable for reheating from the freezer later, lots of moisture loving veggies should go in like mushrooms, peppers, onions, moistened breadcrumbs. Glaze your favorite way; keeping it neutral lets you reheat them per your mood, bbq glaze, chili sauce glaze, sweetsour or italian.
4)Along the same vein, you can make neutral/italian/swedish meatballs, bake a whole tray and freeze, to sauce up later, use in a sub, simmer in sour cream, appetizer in grape-bbq crockpot style. Moisture matters again, and cheese can help with that.
Freeze the rest in managemable single dinner portions like 1lb ziplocs. Keep them even thickness, and you can defrost setting nuke for dinners later.
5) gyro loaf or kibbe or or greek meatballs or some version of middle eastern kofta kabobs to grill
6) stuffed cabbage, stuffed grape leaves

Day 2 enjoy your meatloaf dinner or sandwich!
From frozen:
taco meat (can also be made and frozen seasoned, and great for taking out to warm and top some nachos, making a mexican pizza or making a tamale casserole).
spaghetti w/ stove top quick meatsauce
chili (leftovers can be frozen for hot dog topping, potato topping, nacho topping)
sloppy joes (my fave has a garlic toasted bun, fritos and cheddar on top)
cuban picadillo (can be later used to stuff puff pastry or empanada dough or jamaican meat patties dough, or filled inside leftover mashed potatoes and fried in a papa rellenos or croquette).
cottage pie (boring, but you can make it comfy or top it well).
dirty rice (ideally need some chicken liver too)
cheesy mac w/hamburger (totally hamburger helper food, lol, add alot of onions)
>>
>>14331125
Pelmeni are good, especially since you can make a bunch at once and freeze for later consumption. Keep in mind the other anon's tip about sealing them well and try to avoid letting moisture get in the seam of dough created when it's folded over.

I also recommend kotleta, but try to smash up a couple ice cubes and put them into the beef mix right before you form it and cook it. This will create a fluffier texture when the water in the shards evaporates but the beef retains its structure.
>>
>>14331125
Try out all the US states official burgers
some are mega wild
>>
>>14333185
Hardee har har
>>
>>14331125
cooked ground beef with rice
hamburger
meatballs

those are the ones i can tell from the top of my head.
>>
>>14331125
beef stroganoff, taco meat, meatloaf
>>
File: original.jpg (88 KB, 400x314)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>14331125

Your dad could give some to his friend, after they're done playing with the model trains.
>>
>>14331515
>Shepard’s fucking pie.
Shepherds look after sheep, not cattle. There was a retarded Irish expat on kitchen nightmares that also made this mistake, selling cottage pie as shepherds pie. Retards who can't even think for one second about why things are named the way they are, are the most brain-dead of all. A toddler in nursery could work this shit out for fuck sake.
>>
>>14331125
keto cheeseburgers

it's really just cheeseburgers without the bread and more greens but it's delicious sloppy goodness if you put lots of (non-american) cheese
>>
>>14331388
that's the most American (and by extension revolting) thing I've ever read
>>
>>14331125
Make some curries with it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.