[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ciciPizza_360x380.jpg (46 KB, 360x380)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
thoughts on pizza buffet chain, Cici's pizza?
>>
>>14323603
Infinite garlic cheese bread is incredible.

Rest of the pizza is inoffensively mediocre.
>>
>>14323608
yeah, do i do love the mac and cheese pizza. i swear i go mostly for that and the white cheese one
>>
>>14323603
The mediocre quality is made up for it being cheap and a buffet.

I've been there like twice, not something I'd seek out but if something offered to take me there I wouldn't decline.
>>
I don't know why we have commercials for this place since the closest one is over 90 minutes away in another state

same with carls jr, and those commercials run constantly here
>>
>>14323603
that white cheese pizza is great, everything else is ass
>>
The crust isn't nearly as good as it was five years ago now it just tastes like cardboard.
>>
>>14323603
the ones in houston are located in 'dark' parts of town. imagine little nigglets grabbing slices of pizza, tasting it, and throwing it back because they didn't like the way it tastes.
>>
>>14324148
why would you put that thought into my mind.
luckily mine's in a nicer area.
>>
>>14323603
Substandard pizza. A couple of tiers below mediocre pizza.
>>
We had one here in Rochester NY but it looked like shit and most people just seemed to go once and then never came back. I remember going in and there was like 3 employees shoveling out mediocre pizza as quick as they could for a horde of Hispanic kids all while Nickelodeon boomed and echoed at an oddly loud volume for such a small restaurant
>>
>>14323603
All the ones around me closed down.
The garlic cheese bread and the Spinach pizza with white sauce were good.
The rest were meh.
>>
>>14323603
Below average pizza but priced appropriately. I actually went to CiCi's just a couple days ago. I like to get a bowl of alfredo sauce on the side to dip garlic bread and pizza crust

Yes, americans really do this
>>
>>14324227
it is below average to average on a good batch, but i think there's an appeal for low quality pizza. sometimes it just tastes better eating bad pizza
>>
>>14323832
Basically bureaucracy, easiest way to trade tv time is packaging multiple city/station/timeslots into deals, means less human oversight because less ads are placed. Downside is advertising to people who can't act on the ad. A place like cicis probably advertises on all family channels in the USA, between 2pm and 6pm.
>>
There used to be a pizza hut with a buffet
Wasn't great, even as a kid I prefered a decent salad bar
>>
>>14324227
Guys I'm actually going back to CiCi's again right now. This thread is making me crave that shitty pizza. It's a little early for dinner but I want to be back home in time for Monday Night RAW. Wish me luck
>>
>>14324510
BASED
>>
>>14323603
Great value for the price as it's not much worse than pizza hut and dominos. The thin crust pizzas are great
>>
>>14323603
Love it. Love how cheap it is. My wife hates it so I can't ever go.
>>
No CiCis near me for hours. There used to be one in the next town over but it was shutdown for Health-code violations.
>>
File: 91g.gif (620 KB, 320x240)
620 KB
620 KB GIF
>>14323603
Never in my life would I go back there. It's literally shit pizza, and you eat it surrounded by trailer trash and their snot-nosed ilk.
>>
>>14325816
>he doesnt do to-go
Kek
>>
File: iwantcicis.jpg (49 KB, 378x378)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>14325690
>>
>>14323603
I like it. Still sad about them changing their barbecue pizza though
>>
>>14323603
the food is shit but they're one of the few places with a decent arcade
>>
>>14324510
is it even legal to go to cicis during covid?
>>
>>14326207
Not that guy but at the one I went to they had the employees serving the food kind of like Luby's was. Service sucked ass, employees couldnt keep up serving people and making more food plus serving drinks.
>>
Horrific. But admittedly the last time I’ve been there was when I was 10
>>
>>14323603
Its cheap low quality pizza but overall worth at least trying. The one thing they have going in my book is their dessert pizza. Basically no major chains really do dessert pizza. I would never go there for the quality of food but its been years since I last went. It was kind of nice to just pick out how much garlic bread, pizza and dessert you want and have it immediately without waiting. Really loved going when I was a kid.

This thread makes me want some now
>>
>>14324227
Bro if you layer the Alfredo sauce on top of the marinara and then dip it is amazing.
>>
>>14325816
>>14324194
>>14324148
I really hate the crowds at Cicis. It's usually fat rednecks/minorities. Occasionally there are Hispanic construction workers who just keep to themselves and eat a salad with some pepperoni, they are the only decent customers.
>>
>>14326733
Shut up, juan.
>>
>>14326119
How do you do all-you-can-eat to go?
>>
>>14323603
Every time I eat there I vomit within 12 hours.
Worst sloppa shit.
>>
>>14326801
Seething
>>
>>14326723
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to give that a try

>>14326733
This is accurate

>>14326239
This was how my local CiCi's is operating but they have been able to manage it well. Every other table is closed, full sneeze guards in front of the buffet, employees serve you. To be honest I kind of prefer it because I often find it difficult to get slices using the spatula usually because they did a shit job cutting it. More sanitary too

I like that they will make you a pizza at your request and bring it to the table, and they have anchovies unlike some other chains (Dominos)
>>
>>14328078
Don't make me call ICE on you.
>>
My family went to one in Ohio when I was like 9 or 10. Mom got an allergic reaction, never went back.
>>
>>14328078
yes. yes, you are.
>>
>>14326733
holy fuck this is spot on
>>
>>14329504
not quite. the beans are just as bad as the nogs.
>>
I've been fasting and weekend binge-eating for several years now.

And I really want to go back.
I want to get kicked out.
I want ruin them financially from pizza debt.
>>
>anon, would you be a doll and get me a refill on the roni pie pleasey-weasies?
>you're the best
>>
>>14323603
there are no cici's left around me for hundreds of miles.
There used to be one just 15 minutes away, and it was kino as fuck. I was stuffing my face full of buffalo chicken pizza at cici's when the news broke that Michael Jackson died.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.