[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 46 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: help.png (6 KB, 269x187)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
FAQ (last updated: July 16): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-URQl5wxxBzP4-VWfMKfLG8ZqOkGt9Yoyo6Qbm333vs/edit?usp=sharing
Cosplay recommendations thread: >>10824613
Crossplay/crossdressing thread: none currently
LARP thread: >>10813669
Sewing general: >>10817921
Makeup, hair, skincare general: >>10809295

Taobao thread: >>10803045
Aliexpress thread: none currently
Stupid j-fashion questions thread: >>10826918

Previous thread: >>10810535
>>
Unanswered questions from the last thread:
>>10812656
>>10814731
>>10814963
>>10814973
>>10819715
>>10819983
>>10828574
>>
File: b0kof2kkpbx71.jpg (537 KB, 2450x3266)
537 KB
537 KB JPG
What would be a good wig from something like Arda Wigs to modify to get to pic attached (Angel Devil from Chainsaw Man)?

Having a hard time finding a good color match and not really sure what the right base would be.
>>
>>10828777
Actually, maybe this one from Epic Cosplay?
I've never really styled wigs before (will probably ask a friend for help), so any thoughts appreciated.
>>
I wanna cosplay Peacock. Should I make her arms thicker to fit onto my actual arms, or make them closer to her design and then just hide my arms maybe by crossing them in the little top flap part of her dress?
>>
>>10828779
It's close, but I think the colors sky magenta or persimmon pink would suit the character better. You can go to the color page on their website to see a video comparison of each color under natural and fluorescent light. In terms of the base though, it should be fine -- especially if the bangs come uncut.
>>
>>10828802
I think you should make the gloves and knots/eyes slightly bigger to force the perspective and make your natural arms look smaller.
>>
>>10828840
I think you're right! Persimmon pink is a great match. Thanks for the suggestion.

How difficult does the hairstyle look? I'm hoping it won't be too bad...
>>
>>10828964
The difficult looks pretty beginner-ish friendly to me actually. Since the spikes aren't defying gravity like Sora from Kingdom Hearts, they should be much easier to manage. I'd say if you have a friend's help, you shouldn't worry. Just look up a spike tutorial, cut a tad bit longer than you need and then you can trim as needed once you're a little more confident. You got this!
>>
>>10828972
Thanks so much! Fingers crossed for a good result!
>>
Is there a good way to attach wings to my back for picrel aside from cutting holes in the back of my suit?

I don't want to have huge white straps showing on the outside, it's super ugly. But on the other hand I don't want to have huge holes in the suit so I can use it elsewhere... is there some sort of removable double-sided adhesive I could use?
>>
File: 81zV79Rk07L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (232 KB, 1048x1500)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
>>10829028
maybe something like this?
>>
>>10829028
Fabric tape is too weak. Magnets would be better, like in this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRHvRVKsLkg
>>
>>10829032
Magnets are brilliant. I'll do exactly that.

What about for the halo? It looks like there are two approaches people generally use:

1. Hairband tilted upward and attached to back of head
2. Actual lightweight halo that's suspended up by a thin wire

Any clue what specific materials are used for (2)? I think it could look a lot better than (1) but not really sure. Plus, if the support is too obvious then it'll looks ugly.
>>
Is there a good quality place to find contact lenses? I'm trying to help a friend shop around for a singular oroboros contact lens for our Full Metal Alchemist group. I've only had experience buying from uniqso which unfortunately doesn't carry it. I'd appreciate anything if you know of a reputable place.

Also this is kinda embarrassing but I'm having a hard time tracking down a good slim fit black trench coat for Greed that I can either gut out the inside lining of or is just not made of straight wool. I'll be wearing this towards the end of summer and trying to not pass out from heat stroke. I'm wondering if its a particular style of trench coat also as the ones I keep finding have the wrong kind of collar flaps or none at all. Perfectly fine modifying whatever to fit my build. The ideal thing would to find something made of cotton/linen that is purely worn for style rather than warmth.
>>
>>10829076
Contact brands and links are in the FAQ

>that I can either gut out the inside lining of
If you remove the lining from the trenchcoat, the seams will be showing. It'll be ugly. You just want a lightweight one. Honestly you're better off trying to find a cosplay trenchcoat because any real trenchcoat will be heavy and warm. Unless maybe you look for something in the techwear /goth variety which are more for style than function.
>>
>>10829099
>Contact brands and links are in the FAQ
Aw shit you're totally right, my bad. I'll check those other sites and hopefully find something I can work with.

>Honestly you're better off trying to find a cosplay trenchcoat because any real trenchcoat will be heavy and warm. Unless maybe you look for something in the techwear /goth variety which are more for style than function.
Yeah surprisingly when I was searching around I kept finding things that were straight out of the matrix or "leather". Its why I figured modifying a thicker one would be the better route to go. But you are right, looking for cosplay specific ones might be the move. Thanks anon
>>
File: mona.png (812 KB, 1656x1434)
812 KB
812 KB PNG
Looking for fabric recommendations. I've only described this vaguely for the commissioner, but I was wondering if there any specific fabrics that would look nice for a mona costume
>>
>>10829124
Hahahahah she is basically a full-body spandex suit. You're looking at 4-way stretch for almost everything. Cape can be regular silky fabrics, details on bodysuit are usually better off as 4-way stretch spandex/vinyl as well. 3D details/accessories on her bodysuit should attach by magnets or snaps for best fit and maneuverability. Good luck, it's probably cheaper to just buy from a higher-end Chinese cosplay store like 1/3Delusions or Miaowu cos
>>
>>10829124
Anything you're thinking of as velvet should be stretch velvet.
>>
I'm thinking hard about going to a convention next month and I kinda want to try a cosplay too.
Never done either, but I already think I look like this dude from Fire Force and I imagine all I really need to do is buy the getup and shave my facial hair.

Question I've got is, are there preferred sites to find pre-made stuff like this, or at least ways to find stuff that doesn't actually look like wish garbage?
Second question is if I can actually get this in 1 month, but I feel like this one might be on the more reasonable size
>>
>>10829188
If you're on the fence about going to a convention: just do it. It's such a fun experience even if it's only a one time thing. Plus you save a boatload off of not paying taxes and shipping in AA.

>are there preferred sites
Yes. You can find reviews on each of them in the FAQ or my searching "where to buy cosplay online" and watching the top videos -- particularly the one by Sachie. Miccocostumes it the one I hear most prominently but I buy all my costumes so ya know, read the reviews. You can also get them on Amazon these days -- especially simple uniforms like for Fireforce. Most of those retailers have Amazon storefronts. That would be your best bet if you want them in a month or less because the rest will be coming from overseas.
>>
How do I get short fangs in my mouth that will actually stay there comfortable for hours?

What does hollywood do for vampires etc?
>>
>>10829200
Oh that's really helpful, and I guess I glossed over the FAQ right in the OP
Didn't even think to check amazon, turns out they have one that looks decent aside from the gloves
Will do some more looking though, the available sizes won't be simple for me since I'm tall and thin
>>
>>10829211
So from what I'm looking at, I can either go Miccostumes and either get an M (Which fits my waist and chest) or an XL that would still be 6" away from fitting my height

Or try Ezcosplay and punch in my measurements, which feels dangerous timing-wise and opinion of them doesn't seem stellar
>>
>>10829201
My friend who cosplays DIO uses Scarecrow brand vampire fangs.
>>
>>10829143
I already have the miaowu cosplay version, however I'm having a custom one made with a corset in it because I didn't like the fitting on the miaowu one, using picrel as reference. Thanks for the advice though, much appreciated!
>>
>>10829256
it's going to look like hot shit.
>>
>>10829222
Get a M. The pants are so loose that you won’t have to worry about your hip measurements. On the other hand, if you can’t sew, hemming will be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>10829256
Given what you've suggested, I recommend talking to your seamstress about materials and seeing what they recommend and is comfortable working with. This is a CG costume with impossible details that are better off custom printed onto a stretchy, thin bodysuit than to try and use velvet for.
>>
>>10829256
>with a corset in it
That is not going to look good for reasons anons have already stated.
>>
>>10829298
Got it, thanks
>>
hey guys i'm planning on doing some crossplay for halloween this year, just for fun, i was wondering if i should use a bra just for the looks
>>
File: file.png (1.05 MB, 576x1024)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
I woulda asked in the millitary cos thread but I couldn't see one so I'm hoping some of those tactical gear autists are lurking in here. I'm trying to help a friend piece together a ghost and was wondering if I could get an ID on the vest and shawl
>>
>>10829254
Those come out, you can't really keep em in for more than a few minutes
>>
>>10829319
Eh, picrel looks good and it is a corset. The test fitting is already done and it fits well. I'll see how it will end
>>10829304
Thanks anon, I will contact the seamstress about it. She seemed to be comfortable with working with velvet but I'll ask for her input too
>>
>>10829319
Anon probably meant boning in the bodysuit and not a corset underneath (which would look like shit).
>>
>>10829537
your pic looks like hot shit.
>>
>>10828624
OK, I'm going to need very specific haircut. It needs to be completely bald at top, but the sides and back need to be long enough to cover most of the ears and back of the head. Granted, what I have planned does need a hat so I could cheat a bit with it, but is there a wig like that?
>>
File: 91eW0PzGHBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (268 KB, 1450x1500)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>>10830126
Sounds like a monk wig
>>
What do you guys think about how to get Charlie's tux? It's the only difficult aspect of the costume. I want it to be quality and form-fitting for a woman
>>
>>10830164
If you can sew, it'll be a lot easier on you to find a red tux and swap out the fabric on the lapels yourself. If not, find a men's one and take it to a tailor. It's much less expensive than you'd imagine. Especially if you can find one with black lapels.
>>
Any tips on how to make a floating golden halo? Obviously actually floating isn’t possible…
>>
>>10830302
For photoshoots?
Non reflective transparent fishing wire or something similar, hoist the halo from the roof
Obviously completely impossible at a convention
>>
>>10830307
Nah, like for an actual costume... obviously not possible to have something floating for real but how good can we get it to look?
>>
whats the best way to fill gaps in foam, also whats a proper grit of sandpaper for making things smooth
>>
I've got a morphsuit mask, kind of needed for a cosplay, no alternatives. But morphsuit masks always look like shit because they're loose at the chin and neck. How can I fix this? I've considered sewing a strip of elastic at the back of the neck, but there's no guarantee that'll work and I don't wanna waste an entire mask by testing it out and it failing.
>>
>>10830408
>put mask on inside out
>use pins or binder clips to pinch the fabric like how you want it (close to your neck and face)
>mark the line of your face and neck
>sew over line with a zigzag stitch (a normal straight stitch will snap when the fabric stretches)
>>
File: Styrophoam Boot.jpg (28 KB, 341x609)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Cosplayed as Okuu from Touhou before and plan on doing it again, however the first time I did it I had made a boot out of styrofoam and it started to break throughout the con. what would be a better material to use to make a new boot but still have a rocky texture to them to match the character
>>
>>10830424
disgusting faggot
>>
>>10830424
Was your boot solely eva foam or did you use a real boot as a base?
>>
>>10830444
>>10830424
*Styrofoam, my b
>>
>>10830445
Bought some cheap shoes from walmart and put it on a cardboard bas and essentially cut holes out of large blocks of styrofoam to encase the shoe and platform in the styrofoam
>>
>>10830403
Depends, oftentimes it's better to try and re-do the glue seam or just "fill" it in with more glue and scrap foam if it's a smaller flaw.
>>
How can I tie a scarf like this? The one I bought came with very vague instructions but I can't figure it out.
>>
>>10830616
Of course I forget to attach the image like a fucking idiot who cannot tie a scarf.
>>
>>10830449
Hm. You could either try reattaching the styrofoam with a stronger glue or remake the blocky texture out of a better foam like EVA foam which has a higher density and is easier to carve. Other than that, I'm not sure if there's anything you can do other than just mending them after every con.
>>
>>10830617
>>10830616
First result on Google =/
>>
>male
>6’1”
>190lbs
I want to get into cosplay in general but I don’t know what to do
EGL? Kigu? Furry?
>>
>>10830752
Yes
>>
>>10830752
No
>>
>>10830752
Maybe
>>
>>10830752
EGL for femboy/etc.
Kigu for if you don’t mind being quiet and acting cute
Furry if you don’t mind lots of hugs
>>
i've never cosplayed or sown before, how difficult would it be to do make something like pic related in a couple months? i love the fabric, the lace and the added details, it makes it feel a lot more like actual clothing than a costume and i want to aim for a similar vibe.
>>
File: Nagare_Ryoma_Render.png (373 KB, 794x812)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
>>10830939
this was the other character i wanted to do and he's obviously way easier since i can thrift the whole outfit, but the con's in july and i don't wanna die of heat stroke lol
>>
>>10830939
Sure you can make it in a few months, it just wouldn't look as good as your pic related. Your first cosplay project should just be modifying existing pieces or very simple skirt/shirts.
>>
>>10830939
Picrel is a mass produced taobao outfit. Look enough and you'll find it.
>>
>>10831037
that's fair, the top's collar is too exaggerated for me to use an existing shirt as a basis and i don't know if patterns for these things exist online. skirt should be fairly easy though, even for a beginner like me
maybe i'll stick to men and simpler outfits for now so i can practice the basics, if i cosplay something frilly and flowy i want it to be really picturesque and i'd be very disappointed if something ends up looking frumpy due to a lack of experience on my side
>>10831040
really? i had no idea they produced anything other than garish ones. that being said i really wanna express myself so i'll just try and learn sewing the hard way once i have more free time
>>
>>10831046
Yes, half of all Touhou cosplayers in Asia use this supplier. They have like 8 different outfits.
>>
>>10831046
>wants to espress himself by copying a mass produced design
hmmm
>>
>>10831054
i said similar vibe, not the exact same! i'd design it myself if i commit to it, but there's no way i'd get rid of the top's collar just for the sake of making it easier to sew, it's way too iconic and all of her canon outfits have it
>>10831047
i've never noticed them wearing the same outfit. i'm a little disappointed now, i always thought most of them had added their own vision to the simple designs
>>
>>10831191
most chinese and japanese cosplayers buy premade cosplays, anon. are you from /jp/? they probably lead you to believe something else.
>>
>>10831191
Most Chinese/Japanese you see are buying premade. Even the really super cool unique one you saw? Premade but with a waiting list for a small group of in-people rather than mass produced. Hardly any are actually sewing their own.
>>
>>10831191
Unfortunately it's the truth.
The general rule of thumb is, the prettier the cosplayer is, the less likely they made their own costume. Usually the most skilled seamstresses are also hambeasts.

Interestingly sewing isn't a popular hobby in China despite them being a major source of fabric and factories. For some reason relatively very few people sew clothing for personal use there.
>>
>>10830940
For what it's worth, there are a lot of ways to mitigate temperature with an outfit like that - removing lining from the jacket and/or finding a thin one, wearing a short-sleeve shirt, keeping the scarf light and loose - but yeah July might be a hot one no matter what.
>>
FAQ anon here. Sorry for the long hiatus, I got really busy with grad school. Just updated the following sections:
>transporting wigs
>attaching heavy accessories to a wig

>>10830424
Gonna second what >>10830653 said and suggest using EVA. You can heat it up to add texture and then weather it to look rocky. These tutorials show how to get a faux leather look on foam but it could also work for a rocky texture:
https://youtu.be/3McdlnTWq9I?t=198
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuY8iWoKth0
>>
Is pic rel any good for making stone textures for say a club or armor that I made with Eva foam?
>>
>>10831248
>Interestingly sewing isn't a popular hobby in China despite them being a major source of fabric and factories.
Why learn how to sew when you have access to oodles of cheap mass produced costumes and clothes? Even custom tailored garments in China are relatively cheap.
>>
>>10832197
You are correct, but it's so weird considering that the neighboring Japan has a much larger and more robust sewing community and demand for supplies.

One time I visited China and wanted to visit a fabric shop to see what it's like there in a city of 20 MILLION people, was told by friends and family there that there wasn't one. I couldn't believe it, not enough demand from 20 million people to have a real physical shop or chain.
>>
>>10832305
>>10832197
Also want to add that I grew up in China and was taught hand-sewing early on as necessary life skill for simple mending of buttons and tears, and I used to play with my grandmother foot-powered sewing machine while she heated irons on the stoves. I don't know what changed or went horribly south with China that it never developed sewing as a hobby, only a faceless industry out in the poorer areas.
>>
What do you think of using Amazon lens as a resource?
>>
>>
>>10832335
If it works it works, a lot of realistic video game outfits will be heavily inspired by real life clothing but changed JUST enough that there's no irl analogue so you'll have to modify something. Comparatively for movies or TV where it IS often something off the rack fan groups like the RPF and such are better for identification.
>>
If I'm planning on painting the plastic after a 3d print, is it better to use white as a base or black as a base?
I'm planning on making metallic coloring/effects afterwards, but want it to look grungy
>>
>>10832376
You should be doing multiple coats of filler primer and sanding. You can paint on the primer or for shinier metallic effect use a black gloss or other gloss paint as a basecoat.
>>
Im not really looking for much. It looks like most NEET squad cosplays are just black military gear with a NEET sticker slapped onto the helmet.

I guess my main question is what is a decent or realistic price for a cosplay like this?
>>
>>10832382
So the answer is it doesn't matter, and to just use significant amounts of primer? Want to make sure I'm reading this right.
Does advice online for painting foam apply to painting prints as well? Namely when it comes to sanding and texturing at least.
>>
>>10832408
https://w.atwiki.jp/hgg01 looks like this is the main group page at least.
>>
>>10832409
>texturing
why not add texture to your model instead of adding it afterward?
>>
>>10832412
Because it's easier to print/design, and it's easier to mess with an object post-print rather than pre-print.
Also because there's a difference between tactile and aesthetic texturing and I'm striving for the latter rather than the former, and would think that painting/sanding/finishing would go more towards achieving that goal.
>>
Any place I can get an Adult Size Slytherin Quidditch outfit?
Talking proper good quality stuff.
>>
>>10832409
The filler primer and sanding is to get rid of your layer lines and seams you can paint raw prints but then its very easy to tell its 3d printed and the look is bad. Painting prints is probably the same as foam after you have the foam sealed. Most of my prints I just paint over the grey primer but for a sword I'm working on I plan on using a black gloss base coat for some extra shine.
>>
File: Hestia_Knife.png (2.11 MB, 1920x1080)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
What would be my best option for doing the runes on hestia knife
Carving them with a really thin bit or just drawing or painting them on after I plasti dip and paint it
>>
>>10832494
Paint pen after you plastic dip them. unless you are really good at carving tiny letters.
>>
Is there an itabag thread up right now?
>>
How do you guys best find clothes for your outfits? I was thinking about doing a cosplay as Chipp as a beginner, but don’t know where to get good clothes or tools to make it. I’m really in the dark for this
>>
>>10832593
His whole outfit seems kind of involved but I think dressing up as him would be really fun
>>
I have no idea about anything cosplay related but I want to cosplay Yui Hirasawa for a college convention. Can I just buy the K-ON school uniform off Amazon and sling my guitar on my back and call it a day? How do women's sizes fit if I am a slightly muscular average height man? How essential is wearing a wig for cosplay?
>>
>>10831518
It worked.
>>
>>10832610
Post results, I was curious about it too
>>
File: file.png (371 KB, 350x888)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
Does anyone have any suggestions for how I could get a good base for a staff for Marcille from Dungeon Meshi? It's supposed to be made of wood but I'm not really sure how I'd get that kind of look.
>>
>>10832424
Universal sells them
>>
>>10832577
No, you can look at the catalog and see or use ctrl+F
>>
>>10832643
Unironically a broom handle. You can get them at home depot
>>
>>10832595
>Can I just buy the K-ON school uniform off Amazon and sling my guitar on my back and call it a day?
I'm confused as to why you think you wouldn't be able to do this. You can do whatever you want, anon.

>How do women's sizes fit if I am a slightly muscular average height man?
Get measured, then compare them to the size chart. You'll probably have to look for plus size costumes.

>How essential is wearing a wig for cosplay
Very. Your hair is oily and will fall by the end of the day. Wigs stay pristine (for the most part) all day and can be styled to match anime fluff.

Now if you don't give a shit if your costume is good, you could go without a wig.
>>
>>10832593
Well most of us on here either make our own costumes or buy premade from costume sites that are already accurate to the character so it really isn't an issue. For the few that alter clothing for costumes, they usually start by understanding the terminology for clothing so that they can find exactly what they're looking for. For example, your character is wearing a sleeveless vest with a collar. My guess would be that the character is meant to be wearing leather. So that's what I would search for. As for where, you likely won't find all of your pieces at the same place so you'll have to do some hunting. Try:
>Online: Mercari, Depop, Poshmark, Thredup
>In Store: Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc.

If you're lucky and you can find matching clothes then you won't need to alter them. If you can only find partial matches, you might need to do a bit of sewing or tailoring (or pay someone to).
>>
>>10832594
You would absolutely have to make this one from scratch
>>
any suggestions on how to tackle this?
the clothes are easy, but the way the hair splits, gets spiky and then turns into "horns" seems like it'd be a pain in the ass to pull off. they'd have to be lightweight, fairly stiff and also blend in with the natural look of the rest of the hair. normally, i'd avoid wearing a wig due to the heat here, but the only thing i could come up with was a two-piece setup consisting of a regular, styled wig and one that's the choker + the entirety of the horns attached to it, with the seam being hidden by the upper layer of hair. i think foam could maybe be lightweight and durable enough? dunno, if any of you have any better ideas than this or attaching huge structures to the wig's cap itself i'm all ears

and the second thing that's stumping me is how i wanna do the weird scaley skin. i was thinking of body paint and maybe DYIng some prosthetics, but i have no experience with that sort of stuff so I've no idea how feasible it'd be to maintain that sort of setup for an entire con and not just a photoshoot
the other ideas i had in mind were doing them like socks (bonus points for not having to wear shoes) and a glove, maybe out of silicon? and then just using foam and a little bit of makeup around the edges to blend it into my skin. can anyone think of any characters with a similar textured thing going on?
>>
here's just the reference, no, there is no other (official) art of this character
>>
File: 1673253247598297.jpg (67 KB, 540x810)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Does anyone know where I could order a reverse bunny suit for my gf?

Pic rel
>>
>>10832927
>>10832928
just realized i could instead use something like a headband and just hide it underneath the wig's layers and have that hold the entire construction together, but it sounds almost too simple to be true and i still have no idea what material would be lightweight enough
>>
>>10833000
I don't think you can buy the whole ensemble, I think this person just used some accessories and things they had in their closet. Look for the maid cuffs, some pasties, a long sleeve that you can cut, and some opaque thigh highs.
>>
>>10833000
Here's one. You can kind of alter it if you don't want the bra
https://www.miccostumes.com/qwxx-women-sexy-lingerie-set-net-yarn-sexy-bunny-girl-dark-set-146819p.html
>>
>>10832927
>>10832928
This reference picture isn't doing you any favors. I'd scour the available images for this character first before attempting construction because it could change the way you approach the costume. That being said, from what I'm looking at here, I'll try to address your concerns.
>The Horns / Wig
As you point out in your reply, yes you would want to use a structure underneath the wig cap to attach and blend them with the wig. People either use a wig headband with magnets sewn in or an X made of worbla and screw that pokes through the wig and allows the horns to attach onto. As for the little thingies that poke out of the wig, I'd probably approach it the same way. Just attach it to a strong understructure and use something lightweight like stuffing then sew a pleather sleeve to go over it so it's not too heavy on your head. Kinpatsu has a great tutorial on this structure. It's her "Giant Ponytail" one on YT.

>Scaley Skin
I would grab a slick, scaley fabric (probably from Yaya Han's line of fabrics unless you can find a better source) and create gloves and boot covers from them. Then sew them onto a pair of arm socks and tights in the that grey/brown skin color. Since her feet are toesies, you'd probably want to make gloves for your feet (meaning each toe is covered) then add false nails on top. For a base, you'll want a sandal like shoe that won't have a big heel or obstruct your toes but will be better than walking barefoot.

>can anyone think of any characters with a similar textured thing going on
I'm not sure where this character is from but I honestly thought of Made in Abyss. Rather than looking for character specific tutorials though, try looking for technique tutorials instead and watch them regardless of what character is being made. That's the best way to learn.

You certainly haven't picked an easy costume anon, good luck.
>>
Getting prepared to go to my first con but I'm going alone.
I was given the suggestion of finding a group to meet up with, even if I find them online.
Anyone know where to look for this kind of stuff? Didn't find any reddit or discords for that event or general con meetup stuff.
>>
>>10833075
Facebook is the most helpful for stuff like this. You should be able to find groups or events for the con you’ll be attending by searching “(con name) 2023”+whatever you’re looking for (e.g. cosplay gathering, meetup, hotel sharing). You’ll also get a program guide at the con that will tell you where and when all of the events are.
>>
Any recommendations on how to keep the collar of a cape popped up? The cape is a pre-bought one so I'm not sure how feasible it is to add wiring or interfacing

I heard that people sometimes spray a mixture of corn starch and water but I'm not sure how effective that would be.
>>
>>10833124
Thanks, did manage to find 1 Facebook group about the con, didn't find anything specifically for meetups but I'll just ask there
>>
File: Cape Collar.jpg (34 KB, 551x612)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>10833263
Forgot pic.
>>
>>10833075
If you give us the name of the con, we can do a quick search for you.
>>
>>10833046
>>10833050

Thank you!

Yes, I figured I'd have to piece a few things together, I was just hoping the main part (leggings/shrug top) would be available somewhere but that's okay.

I love the look of how high up the legs come. If I were to buy a bodysuit and carefully cut out the leg sections to get a similar shape do you think that might work? or would that ruin the elasticity and make it hard to wear without some kind of adhesive?
>>
>>10833284
Lvl Up Expo
>>
>>10828624
Gloves have never fitted me. I want to make a pair out of stretchy fabric. How should I go about it?
>>
>>10833300
No. The elasticity wouldn't be ruined but it wouldn't have anything to hold onto. It's like the equivalent of holding a rubber band between two fingers and then dropping one finger -- it's just gonna sadly hang off of the other finger loosely. You would need to add an elastic band around the high leg and ideally a silicone band too, but desu I wouldn't hold my breath on it staying up -- especially with the angles its doing.
>>
>>10833386
>Open youtube
>gloves sewing tutorial
>acquire gloves
>>
>>10833363
Looks like it doesn't exist. If you want to organize one, you'll probably have to use their facebook page or or something unfortunately.
>>
>>10833386
hand turkeys
>>
>wear glasses
>cosplay has a full face mask
>breathe
>glasses fog up
Is there an easy solution to this?
>>
>>10833602
Contacts
>>
>>10828624
if I just want to spray and drybrush a cheap nerf gun into a sci fi prop weapon, what are the best brands/what brushes would I need?
>>
File: lafl-101_alt1.jpg (72 KB, 970x1213)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>10833602
Get anti-fog spray. It's designed for ski or swim goggles but will work just as well for eyeglasses, you can find it in any sporting goods store.
>>
What's going on with Dr. Orpheus' pants? I assumed they were just dress pants, but they hook around his shoes at the base like stirrups. Is this some sort of athletic/leisure wear?
I know that cartoons are always abstracted but I'm not familiar with what the base design is meant to be.
>>
File: 81xkOnwIrRL._AC_SX679_.jpg (100 KB, 679x723)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>10833610
if you're only drybrushing, you don't need any particularly good brushes. you can even just use the brushes used for house painting or pick up a cheap pack of painting brushes (pic rel) from amazon or your local craft store.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.