[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 64 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

New feels thread.

I forced my friends to watch all the Onceler scenes in The Lorax with me and now they hate me
>>
RAIN RAIN GO AWAY COME AGAIN SOME OTHER DAY IF YOU DONT I DONT CARE COME AND SMELL MY UNDERWEAR
>>
>>10828280
id love to smell your underwear holy soup chan
>>
>>10828231
The true Once-ler never shows his face. Not even in the 1972 animated short. Based Once-ler.
This one in Illumination's abomination has one. The film sucks.
Just watch the Nostalgia Critic's review.
>>
>>10828289
>Nostalgia Critic
kill yourself
>>
>>10828231
Over for oncels
>>
>>10828281
IT'S OKAY THE RAIN CAN STAY
>>
>wanted to get more into cosplay in late 2019
>start making basic stuff with EVA foam in early 2020, covid kills all my inspiration to do anything
>keep having the recurring thought that I should get back into it now that cons are back
>feel discouraged about actually doing anything as I am busy with general life stuff for the next 2-3 months and won't be able to touch much and have heavy doubts that I'll be able to finish anything and have it be presentable before con season in May, especially since the character I want to do most would involve both sewing and foam work
I know I should just do it, but it just seems overwhelming.
>>
My friends don't like me anymore because all I talk about is Onceler.
>>
>>10828295
anon wants to doodle your noodle, soup
>>
*takes a drag from my cigarette * Once-ler, huh….. It’s been 84 years…and I can still smell the fresh butterfly milk
>>
>>10828702
im getting myself an ai gf
>>
>Onceler
How is tumblr in 2013?
>>
I'm so mad... I fit into the measurements of a very cute bralette I bought off taobao with 2" to spare according to the measurements on the product page, but when I tried it on, there's a big gap between two of the front snaps when I button it up. And I'm already flat chested so it's not like I can lose weight and have it fit, it's my ribcage that's the problem
>>
>>10829095
bralettes don't have snaps or buttons.
>>
I really don't like this artstyle
>>
>>10829107
It has snaps in the front, lacks the structure that would make it a bra, and was sold with matching underwear, which makes it a bralette by most people's standards. I don't know what to tell you. Some bras and bralettes have closures in the front (like post-surgical bras, although this definitely isn't one)
>>
>>10829365
bralettes aren't unstructured bras, retard. they're just the term for pull over bras that aren't sports bras. plenty of bralettes have pads and structure as well. you sound like an idiot if you can't figure out what size you wear anyway.
>>
>>10828231
>Onceler thread
>Calendar still says it's 2023
>I haven't time-travelled back to 2012, a glorious time when possibilities were endless

Hey anon, fuck you
>>
File: 20221202_085415.jpg (8 KB, 289x276)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>hear meowing from my bedroom
>my cat has clawed his way up ONTO my dresses that i had on a display rack and got fucking stuck
>none of them seem to be damaged but i'm paranoid i just havent noticed yet
come the fuck on
>>
File: [002312].jpg (168 KB, 722x960)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>No drive to buy anything lolita
>Where to put my fun money now?
>Decide to buy some art commissions
>Get cool art, make artists happy
>Make a habit to tip, because I can
>Happen upon new artist
>Prices were cheap as fuck
>I get in touch and ask for a pic of my dnd character
>Artist happily complies, asks for like 10 bucks, including color
>Becomes more and more apparent that artist is a minor
>Still draws a nice picture I'm really happy with for their skill level
>I send 20 bucks to their legal guardian
>They're confused I paid 200% of price
>Calmly explain it was on purpose
>Get crying-smiling-cat gif
>Feels good man
>Notice note left on transfer website
>I was their first "real" commission ever
>Heartmelt.exe

This shit right here is bringing the spark back into spending money. Art is where it's at now, gulls. I will buy more art.
>>
>>10829378
then why do so many brands market ones with hook closures as bralettes...
>>
>>10829918
nayrt.
Probably because the actual definition of bralette is incredibly vague and there's no requirement for it to have or not to have a closure.
>>
>>10829916
That's so cute oh my god. I really needed this cute story thanks for sharing
>>
File: cat-cat-watchin.gif (1013 KB, 220x200)
1013 KB
1013 KB GIF
>be me heard furry art makes a lot of money
>cant draw for shit but saw a yt vid about ai art and how you dont need an art degree to use it
>start a twitter to sell my ai generated art pieces
>didnt feel like i put too much effort into my work so I list some stuff for stupidly cheap
>felt down because people werent buying anything
>get a dm one day about a commission and I responded super fast before they could change their mind
>they sent me a description of what they wanted and I input it into one of the ai generator
>sent them the art and ask for $10 hoping they're okay with it and not ask for a sketch because the generator only produce color pics
>they send me $20, well to my parent's paypal because I got banned from charging back gacha purchases
>thought they were trying to scam me so I asked them about it to have proof in writing
>they said it was on purpose
>sent them a crying cat gif hoping to guilt trip them into sending me more money
>it didnt work
if any anon want some handmade in the usa art lmk. look at pic rel before you decide.
>>
>>10829918
because they're wrong?
>>
File: 1489963009428.gif (182 KB, 500x379)
182 KB
182 KB GIF
I love the way I look and feel in lolita but also I feel like I'm not pretty enough for it. It especially bugs me that it's things that I can't change... A wide face, a big doughy nose, small eyes... Sometimes it feels like dressing nice is just a way for me to cope with how ugly I am
>>
>>10829949
you gotta trace over the ai generated art, soup.
>>
>>10829971
Lots of ugly bitches wear lolita and look great just own it. Who cares, its for you.
>>
>>10829971
>dressing nice is just a way for me to cope with how ugly I am

I think a lot of us can relate. That's a lolita fashion tradition alongside "I wear what I like even if it doesn't suit me". Lots of lolitas do it because it makes them feel prettier than other fashion styles. Back in the day (90s, early 2000s) a few things were commonly said about lolitas (in japan) and one of those things was that lolita fashion attracted homely chubby girls who wanted to dress in beautiful things in the hope it would make them beautiful too, another thing that was said was that most girls dressing in lolita didn't suit the style. If you look at street snaps in publications from the 90s and early 2000s you will notice that there's a large variety of body shapes and sizes (tall, short, thin, fat etc), ages, variety in facial features but also that a lot of the girls and women weren't very pretty. Not dainty elegant fairy tale princesses, but usually just clunky, frumpy and frilly. But this makes sense because of the street fashion roots. It is an alternative fashion after all, I think some people tend to forget that nowadays. You need some degree of not giving a fuck about what other people think. Even the models back then didn't look as pretty, perfect and polished as they do now. Probably because most of them were staff and not models hired for the purpose. Today's models are a lot more homogeneous, plus there's filters and editing that everyone has access to these days. Social media has a lot to answer for.
>>
>>10829976
that’s plagiarism anon. you wouldn’t trace a human’s art so why would you do that to an ai? im gonna ss what you said and in 100 years when ai’s have rights im gonna show them what you said and get you canceled
>>
>>10828231
Can someone tell me wtf happened to this board? I used to come here daily like 5 years ago, and now I come back and there’s so many male coomer threads and not as much jfashion or cosplay crafting threads. What the hell? Was there a mass migration event?
>>
>>10830022
a single anon posting coomsplay theads helped
>>
I wish I was a white girl. Everytime I see a picture of myself in lolita I cringe. They just pull it off better than me, I’m so much uglier than them. I wish I had the confidence to take photos without filters. I wish I could stop editing my face. What do, nonnies? How do I regain confidence in myself?
>>
File: cgl.jpg (116 KB, 1393x524)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>10830022
I guess the old janny/mod retired
Board has been dying for years though
>>
>>10830057
look at other lolitas of your ethnicity that you think dress well, or at least look at other lolitas with similar features who you think look decent.
>>
>>10830057
White girls are ugly tho. At least wish you were Asian.
>>
>>10830057
>>10830062

both of these are bait posts. Just eff off.
>>
>>10830066
Not bait nonny, just wanted to vent about my insecurities. I’m not saying other races are ugly, I’m talking specifically about myself.
>>
File: [002403].jpg (59 KB, 560x564)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>10829949
Why do you have to be like this Soup? I'm the original art-commission anon and for the love of god, sometimes good things do happen. I didn't include the back and forth chatter, the progress pictures or the fact that I asked them to change a thing about the background before the final transaction. I know AI art is a big meme right now, but please shut the fuck up.
>>
Is lolcow down?
>>
New lolita, I finally took the plunge and got my first two dresses. (Rose bride meta OP, and and old-school strawberry OP) I love them but I think they’d look so much better if I had a smaller chest and arms. I’m in the process of losing weight, but it feels slow because I’m not particularly big, just average/sorta curvy (39 inch bust, 27 inch waist) I really just fucking hate my chest and arms so much
>>
I’m going to cosplay a lolita version of Onceler at Anime Boston this year. Wish me luck.
>>
>>10830468
>I'm going to dress as a character while changing everything about character
You are prime reboot director material.
>>
>>10830542
you can cosplay a character in a lolita outfit inspired by their usual appearance, retard. Have you seen any fucking eeveelution cosplay ever?jhjktm
>>
>>10830542
Man, I can't believe people do costume-play in this day and age. Where's the fun I fun?
>>
almost getting banned from innocent worlds online shop for not paying their invoice even though they never sent me an email that they were charging me ಠ_ಠ
>>
>>10830626
Go ahead and see who recognizes you after you change everything about a character you braindead meat.
>>
>>10830722
That's shitty from them. What did you buy ?
>>
>>10830740
it was just a pair of tights that were way too expensive in the first place.. i’m not going to buy directly from them ever again kek
>>
>Nostalgia critic

Why would you ever watch Nostalgia critic? He's cuck.
>>
Man, I just really love lolita.
>>
File: file.png (213 KB, 400x400)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
My all time favorite series continuously has less & less cosplayers as its popularity wanes
>>
>>10831573
good fuck chainsawman
>>
why is every afternoon/high tea place in my city so kitschy? even nice hotels! i don't always want to feel like i'm at grandma's house using whatever nonmatching cups and saucers and pots she dragged out. sometimes it's quaint, but most of the time it just looks lazy and cheap, like the place couldn't be bothered to pay for a matching set. i miss the places i went where i used to live for uni.
>>
File: mister worldwide.jpg (40 KB, 500x500)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>mfw I realize people who fuck with me or mistreat me get their reputations ruined because i'm quite universally liked and well regarded in my area because I treat everyone well, have bought water for my group several times and is always on the conventions

I don't have sex with anyone but at least I have a good reputation.
>>
I had a dream about buying these shoes last night
>>
>>10830022
Cosplay is fucking dead as a hobby, there's not that much to fill a board with when it's all just thots buying costumes and taking photos in them for coomers. As for lolita I guess most of the old ones grew out of wearing it, or at least out of using /cgl/ as a dumping ground for comm drama, and the younger ones don't want anything to do with 4chan since they're all woke as fuck and think 4chan is nothing but alt-right incels.
>>
>>10830059
The new jannies are coomers and double penetration princess & co
>>
>>10832077
You should
>>
>>10832210
fuark I used to browse this board in the old days and looking at it now... it's such a shame. it really infuriates me how it's almost like jannies encourage coomershit to infest the fun boards. there are a dozen decently fast coomer boards, why post big boobed cosplayers thread #500 on /cgl/, bumping off the actual good quality posts and actively contributing to its death? just so exhausting to powerlessly watch boards deteriorate. 4chan is a mess now. i just want to wear lolita
>>
>>10832342
The next thread to get bumped off the board hasn't had a post since Dec 31. It's not really that the coomershit has pushed other stuff out, it's that the other stuff has all died and only the coomer threads are still active now.
>>
I sang How Bad Can I Be at karaoke last weekend and plan to sing Biggering next time. I made the karaoke videos for both because the guy running the events couldn’t find ones on his own. I am determined to bring back the Onceler fandom. I’ll even sing in my lolita Onceler cosplay at some point
>>
>>10832379
Speaking of karaoke, I wish more places had more Yakuza songs than just the ones in 0. Let me sing Machine Gun Kiss, damn it.
>>
I sure wish /cgl/ was like it was it was in 2013. Lots of activity and basically no coomer threads. I miss all the threads about different j-fashion styles, and the weird stories gulls would tell about weebs they knew.

>>10830468
Anon, I love you.
>>
>tfw buy all my cosplays
>the one character i truly want to cosplay is too obscure for the chinese to have on hand
>>
Lolita Onceler cosplayer here again excited to say that weight loss is going well! I hope I can reach my goal by the time I have to start making my cosplay
>>
>on aliexpress
>see this
what year is it?
>>
I wonder how many seagulls were apart of that mean egirl gc that got leaked on twitter
>>
>>10832939
probably none? weren't there like ten people in it? and the cosplayer side of this board is dead
>>
>>10832077
Were they comfy in your dream? What did you wear them with?
>>
>>10832939
>apart
>>
>>10832958
maybe lolitas have gc like that where they post people they don’t like to ita threads. are you part of such a gc anon? you should leak some logs if you are
>>10832961
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaapart
>>
Im so frustrated, at first I was too fat for Lolita, but I managed to loose a ton of weight. But now my face looks way to sharp and masculine for Lolita. For fucks sake.
>>
>>10833143
Congratulations anon get a soft feminine hairstyle and some soft make up and I'm sure you'll look beautiful in lolita
>>
>>10833152
Thank you, I will try my best
>>
I hate trying to loose weight, I hate that I've gained weight during the pandemic and still haven't lost it. I hate that I don't fit half of my wardrobe anymore and I just wanted to be able to snap my fingers and get my old body back. I'm not even actually fat, but I'm almost hitting the overweight BMI and I have always been the only one in my family who isn't overweight or obese.
>>
>>10833190
Instead of approaching your fitness and size from a place of hate, it can be helpful to shift your perspective to one of self love.

Love yourself enough to want to take good care of your body and make yourself proud. Love yourself enough to make and sustain long term healthy goals that keep you able to feel good and enjoy your hobbies like lolita. Love yourself enough that if you are at a healthy/slim size eventually but struggle with fit on a few pieces because of pesky things like height or bone structure, you will be willing to allow yourself to enjoy your dresses through alterations or custom pieces, or whatever feels safe and comforting.

You can do it anon!
>>
>>10833190
I’ve gained weight too and also been very lazy. Recently I accepted this, started selling off a bunch of dresses that are way too small (many I bought hoping to lose weight to fit into). I also decided to stop being so lazy and started following workout videos on YouTube. I do 4 to 5 ‘workouts’ (20 to 30 mins so not that much) a week. I feel so much better about myself and have been seeing changes and improvements in my body and muscle tone too. Focus less on the weight and more on personal improvement and accepting yourself and you will be great and feel better!
>>
>>10828231
I've been gymmaxxing for almost a year and I'm still very far from being muscular enough to cosplay Terry Bogard. I am sad.
>>
Realizing how hard I fucked up. Been going to cons since the early 2000s but never made any fucking friends. Now /cgl/ is dead and conventions suck ass and I'm just sitting here in my 30s knowing I'll never meet anyone I can relate to ever again and it's all my fault
>>
>>10833316
I know that feeling too well. Try look up stoicism, it helped me a ton. To break it down: what happened, happened. It sucks, and you can acknowledge that it sucks. But don't dwell in it, don't let yourself right now be controlled by what you have missed in the past.
Think logically: what do you want ? How can you achieve it. Instead of pondering again and again what you did wrong in the past, concentrate on what you can do now

It's fucking cheesy but it's better than just feeling awful and doing shit nothing
>>
>finally had loose skin dealt with
>finally getting into cosplay
>get SIBO so I'm bloated 99% of the time
>don't want to work out and improve body because exercising while bloated feels terrible
>don't want to wear a lot of the cosplays I wanted to
>feel uncomfortable and disgusting in any cosplay
It's not fair.
>>
>>10833190
Joining in the weight loss feels. I gained a little weight from indulging too much over the holidays and need to lose about 5 lbs before I'll feel good about myself again. I have SAD so its extremely hard to motivate myself and not be lazy. Most social activities involve eating or drinking, so its either go out and backtrack what little progress I made or stay in feeling depressed. I already have a gym routine so I just need to go on more walks and be less sedentary in my off time, but its really hard to do this time of year.
>>
>>10833193
>>10833221
>>10833332

Thank you for the kind words and for sharing your own personal struggles. I started again at the gym and with my diet the day I sent that, wish me the willpower to stick with it this time.

I don't want to accept I've gained weight and sell the dresses that are too small, some of them were very hard to get and others I've made myself. Also, I don't want to face the same health issues I see members of my family suffering with because of their weight. I see my parents struggling to loose weight that will give them quality of life now that they are older, their bodies weaker and their metabolism slower and it's so hard for them.

No problem in not being super thin, but it's hard to be obese or very overweight and this is the path I'm going if I keep putting weight at every traumatic event that happens on my life and then being too lazy to loose it when things get better.
>>
Fucking nothing I do works. I fail at everything. And if that shitheel brother of mine won't stop pushing me with his attitude I'm gonna go on a murder spree.
>>
>too depressed to get my cavities fixed
I know I need to get it done before it gets worse, but I’m just on autopilot so hard that I don’t care about it
>>
>>10833316
Most con attendees are autists. Good luck finding anyone that isn’t selfish and abrasive.
>>
I'm glad CGL still exists even though it's a lot less active than it used to be. We can be honest here which is like a breath of fresh air and I like reading that at least some lolitas share my opinions. We can discuss sellers and stores without backlash or those comments being deleted. I actually have fun here sometimes. My local comm is pretty bland. Most of the discussion in my local comm is about taobao and AP, I'm just tired of seeing the same nu-sweet stuff all of the time. Now I could "be the change I want to see" and keep interacting there but I'd rather continue posting outfits to other sites and talk with online lolita friends I vibe more with and not sink much time in my local comm. The meets are too far away anyway and after I attended a few I stopped wanting to go, just don't think it's worth it. I could organize a more local meet but can't be bothered. Did I mention the itas? We have load of them and there isn't one ita thread here that doesn't feature at least one from my comm. At first I felt bad and thought "aww, but she's so nice" when I saw someone had posted an ita from my comm. I stopped caring. The itas don't care if they're posted here or they do care and that's why they never visit. Also nearly all of the well dressed lolitas have left or are almost completely inactive.
>>
Once a girl in my comm complimented my dress and asked if I made it, probably because a lot of my stuff is self made, I said that I wasn't the one who made it and that it was from Mary Magdalene.

The girl said she didn't know Mary Magdalene, which I guess is ok, they are kind of dead for a while now.

Then I started babbling about how I loved their stuff and she should look at their old releases on lolibrary since she liked my dress, but she interrupted me to say that she don't know brands, proudly.

She then started babbling herself about how she didn't know any brands because she didn't care about brands and tags and that taobao has lots of pretty stuff too...

I asked if she didn't even know angelic pretty since it is so popular, someone at a lolita meeting, even if not wearing the best outfit ever, should know AP, right?

But she didn't even let me finish the brand name before stating again that she doesn't know any lolita brands.

This interaction haunts me to this day. I'm far away from being a brand whore, as I said, a lot of my stuff was sewn by myself. But to don't even know or pretend to don't know the brands that set the trends and that built the style you are supposedly wearing and on top of that being proud? I wish I could understand her thought process.
>>
>>10833788
She seems like she wants to do "good" in the worst way possible. She probably thinks even just mentioning brand makes you an exclusionary brandwhore or something like that.
I also don't like ap, but I know their role in Lolita history and I appreciate them for it. Also they do release some prints I love, like classic fairytale.
>>
>>10833785
Yeah, similar reason I'm here. I don't agree with everything on here, but at least it's entertaining.
>>
>>10833788
she probably thinks liking or preferring japanese brand is elitist or something. She pretended not to know AP because she wants to be moral.

Once she finds out you can get japanese brand pieces for very reasonable prices second hand she might change her tune.
>>
>>10828231
This is a thread stuck years in the past
>>
>>10833282
Probably just need to eat more to bulk up
Good luck bro, ive been going to the gym a lot the past year or so as well
>>
>>10833796
CGL makes me laugh a lot more than my local comm does. Keeping up with posts on my local comm page started feeling like a chore as well. I'm also sure there is at least one other person from my comm here because I'm not the one posting the local comm itas (I only like drama when I'm not personally involved or linked to it).
I don't always agree with people's opinions here either but my opinions are not unpopular or weird here when they would have not been accepted in my local comm except by a few sane individuals. Every time I see another lolita from my comm complain how AP is fatphobic according to them I feel the urge to bonk my head on my desk.
>>
>>10833788
I guess she sees herself as a genuine enjoyer while everyone else is too caught up in the details. Kind of like when someone who just likes seeing grownups in shorts running after a ball real fast meets someone who recites thirty years of championship statistics and knows the detailed story of every other slavic or latino coach.
>>
>>10833785
Are we the same person? I also tried to "be the change" and it was a waste of time. There are a few APfags but the most active people just talked about taobao and western indie, Anytime I would try and post my own coords or brand I was excited about I'd just be met with a bunch of itas complaining that they can't fit said brand. It was also a really hug boxy environment. It was to the point where there were obvious predators in our chats and showing up at meets and mods would do nothing, but I also felt like I'd be called an elitist for simply saying that I'm not into taobao or lady sloth. In the end I just gave up and came here because I don't have to feel so out of place and I can at least have somewhere to vent.
>>
>>10833811
or when someone just likes red wine and doesn't care about the type or the vintage as long as it's cheap and they think it's tasty enough, who then meets people at the red wine enthusiasts meetup who take wine tours to famous vineyards and who buy and savor particularly elegant (but expensive) vintages.

When I put it like that the "red wine enjoyer" who prefers boxed wine because it's cheaper shouldn't go to the red wine enthusiasts meetup.

People can buy and wear chinese budget brands to the meetup, that's fine, but to pretend not to care or want to know about japanese brands which started it all is just barbarism.
>>
>>10833814
>It was also a really hug boxy environment

Yes, mine too. I think this is almost unavoidable these days. It's not an environment conducive to concrit even if you ask for it and that's one of the worst things about it. But also the predators. There are two sissies in my comm, one very obvious one, and mods do nothing. Like you I'm also not into taobao. I wish I was, but 99.99% of what chinese brands release doesn't appeal to me at all.
>>
>>10833818
> It's not an environment conducive to concrit
Ayrt and my comm is the same. We would often get itas who would receive (honestly helpful, gently worded and much needed) concrit elsewhere, then come into our server and moan about it so everyone would coddle them and tell them that people gently giving them advice were evil elitists and boolies. I'm talking for shit like being told to wear a blouse. Some of them do get posted to the ita threads here (not by me but probably someone else in the comm who is sick of their shit) and they get torn to shreds by anons. I don't even feel bad for them anymore because they're all so coddled by the comm that they aren't ever going to change.

>There are two sissies in my comm, one very obvious one, and mods do nothing.
It makes me really sad that 4chan of all places has become one of the only places women in this community feel comfortable to say they feel unsafe. People who say that /cgl/ is all horrible and has no place in the community tend to disregard this. When mods don't prioritise our safety and have created a culture within our comms that makes women and girls feel afraid to speak up, the last thing we need is less places to share how we feel, even anonymously.
>>
>>10833822
>I'm talking for shit like being told to wear a blouse.
I can get really annoyed by people who insist they must be part of the lolita community but then have the mindset that the rules should be abolished and that lolita is whatever they say it is. People who ask for concrit (or advice) and then throw a tantrum when they get actual good and kind advice should not be in the community.
>>
>>10833824
Same. People like Lor who insist that concrit is bad and lolita can be whatever anyone wants it to be have irreparably fucked up the western community. So many well dressed lolitas who give helpful advice and are nice to everyone get alienated from their own comms by people with this attitude and then everyone complains that all the sane, good lolitas leave or keep to themselves.
>>
>>10833832
this is sad but true.
>>
>>10833832
but then the "rules shouldn't exist" people claim that japanese lolitas don't care about the rules.
>>
I wish coomers could have their own damn board. Technically /cgl/ is supposed to be a sfw board, but I can't get to the threads I want to see without scrolling past bare butts and barely covered bewbs. I'm not a femcel and I enjoy sexy stuff, too, but I don't come here for that. Are the jannies asleep at the wheel? Or am I bad at filtering? What's the deal? I just want to see lolita stuff and con horror stories in peace.
>>
>>10833815
I think we're built with some existencial anxiety that drives us to seek comfort in eachother. We feel safe being among our own and interacting. Even if it is about trite and asinine shit like the weather. Gatherings revolving vaguely around your interests is a good place to find "your own". You go, you interact with people, you find that you are not alike enough, and you split. I wouldn't say anyone was in the wrong. It was just life as usual, including your annoyance.
>>
>>10833839
I think that people who are passionate about lolita fashion want to know about the history and about the brands that made it what it is. The budget taobaolita who doesn't want to know about brands gets the same response as the 2$ boxed wine lover who goes to a wine lover's meetup but then doesn't want to know about the different types of wine or how wine is made, and then just gulps all of the glasses at the wine tasting without actually tasting it. True, the boxed wine enjoyer is there to drink wine just like the others but they are fundamentally different.
>>
>>10833839
who the frick purposely doesn't want to learn more about their hobby? Being into lolita casually should be fine but this is on another level.
>>
>>10833837
As someone said before, there used to be enough other activity on the board that the occasional tiddy thread wouldn't be such a big deal, but now those threads are the only active ones so they're constantly both getting bumped and replaced with new ones because the old ones are full before they fall off the board.
>>
File: 1677105.jpg (72 KB, 512x384)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>10833845
I like gundam and even I used to think that whoever can identify them just by their heads is a lifeless permavirgin. Newbies feel that you can get too much into something.
>>
>>10833850
you probably can get obsessive about lolita and live, breathe and crap lolita, but I don't think there's anything wrong with that if you want to be like that. That person who didn't want to know about brands is still approaching it wrong though, since the history and brands are intertwined and you cannot separate them. I'm not the person who originally brought it up and it annoys me tool.

Being obsessive with gundam or lolita also doesn't exclude you from having a social life. I think the permavirgin remark is a bit of a tired stereotype.
>>
File: 71DbJgIRZXL.jpg (194 KB, 1500x1500)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>10833788
Btw since you sew, I want to ask. I have a pair of compression sleeves to throw away and I thought I'd practice sewing a pair of gloves out of them. Do you have any guides on making gloves out of stretchy fabric? I tried youtube but got tutorials on stretching leather gloves instead.
>>
>>10833858
Stretchy fabric is a bitch and sewing gloves is hard. Unless you have an overlook machine and some experience, which I'm assuming you don't. I recommend you don't frustrate yourself trying.
Also, don't know any tutorials that might help.
>>
>>10833809
Thanks for sharing your itas with us anon
>>
I really wish I liked taobao designs because a good portion of my comm wears exclusively taobao and watching them get excited for new releases, plan matching coords, and make group orders makes me feel a bit like I'm missing out. But god almost everything taobao is so ugly and tacky with none of the details that made me love lolita kek
>>
>>10833850
There's a difference between knowing every AP release by name and just literally knowing they exist and have a certain aesthetic
If I showed up to a Gundam meet (lol) and didn't know anything about Gundam it would be weird
>>
>>10833881
ayrt, posting local comm itas is something I won't do. I think that is going too far and a betrayal of some kind. I simply stopped feeling bad for them when someone else posts them though. The only itas I post are hideous sewing projects and the occasional sissy off of the international groups because those are things that really do grind my gears.

I'm also pretty sure one of my commlitas is vendetta posting here as well. One of the commonly posted "itas" from my comm dresses pretty well but has no bangs and a bit of an unfortunate face. But nothing about her outfits is on the ita level. Anons point out that it's a nitpick of vendetta at best. That's just sad imo, like post actual itas and not just people you are jealous of because they have a huge wardrobe filled with AP and you don't think they deserve it because they don't look like a kawaii desu model.

>>10833884
same, I wish I loved taobao because there's so much of it and it's very affordable.

>>10833893
this. Insisting not to know or want to know about AP is just dumb.
>>
>>10833884
I like some of the designs but I know the quality just won't be as good as the stuff I like and currently own. It's my same reasoning for not buying most new AP beyond MTOs and specific releases once I've seen them in person.
>>
>>10833918
Sorry anon I was so tired I must have misread your post or mistaken it for another, how do all the itas feel about getting posted so often? Do they ever take any concrit to heart? I was posted once and I really improve because of it
>>
>>10833932
No problem anon. The people in my comm insist they never go to CGL. I've never told them, they may not want to know and could shoot the messenger. Concrit culture in general in pretty dead in the western comm, but it's definitely dead in my local comm. Nobody asks for concrit. I doubt it would be given if it was asked (hugbox).
I like concrit culture and wish we could go back to how it used to be. I always ask for suggestions whenever I post an outfit in the outfit posting groups but receive concrit extremely rarely.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.