[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 41 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Shipping Deadline has passed! Email me for delays!

Remember to post the gifts in the thread as soon as you receive them! Please put who sent it in the comments as well as in the picture!
>>
From 4021: Santa, your card arrived but as I´m away from country I can´t take a look at it yet. I made my partner take it from postbox though; I´ll show it once I´m back after christmas!
>>
if you participate in cgl secret santa and don’t update the organizer or your gift recipient on your gift’s shipping info Santa Melody will come to your house and do a poo in your stocking :)
>>
>>10824628
Does the organizer forward shipping information this year? Has anyone gotten theirs?
I haven't gotten any, but I've been expecting to get grinched for a long time so it could just be a sign of that becoming reality.
>>
>>10824633
The organizer let me know that my gift would be late, so if you didn’t hear from them, it’s probably on the way.

In other news, why has no one posted their gifts? I know mine was delivered last week but no post yet.
>>
>>10824644
i know a few people are waiting until christmas to open their gift, myself included, but beyond that i’m not sure.
>>
>>10824644
I'm waiting till xmas, not everyone wraps their gifts so i don't even open the package till xmas eve
>>
>1264 to 1234
>$20 tier

Hi 1264! I just got your gift yesterday and tore right into it like a goblin!! USPS must've banged that shit around because the box was open when it arrived but fortunately the contents were safe and sound. Not pictured is the very cute Dr Seuss Grinch wrapping paper my santa used.

Thank you for the lovely gifts!! Since I joined the lolita pool I was expecting lolita-ey stuff but then later I was worrying that it would be hard to find good lolita things of my style at this price tier so I'm glad that you went the way of indulging my hobbies.

I'm looking forward to customizing the tamagotchi and the gundam kit! It's been, like...... decades(!!) since I've had a gen 1 style tama so it'll be a lovely nostalgia trip. I'm also looking forward to eating the chocolate bar. I made my boyfriend explain who mr beast is and why he sells chocolate haha

Thank you for helping make my first cgl secret santa experience fun! :-)
>>
>>10824633
I haven't gotten a tracking #, but I've received the package. I hope my giftee checks their package locker because it says Delivered, but I haven't heard if the giftee picked it up.
>>
>>10824633
>>10824714
I also got my package without getting tracking or a shoutout in the thread

>>10823322
i'm not trying to be cunty because I know you're donating your time and balancing this with your own life responsibilities but Sadist Santa, would be great if you could be offering a little more communication or consistent updates m'dude
>>
>>10824714
>>10824719
I didn't post tracking because it takes the fun out of things. I want anon to furiously check the mail every day until it arrives, not just look it up on her phone.
>>
>>10823318
It just arrived! Should I open it? Should I wait for Christmas??
>>
>>10824435
It did indeed arrive today! I’m so excited - the temptation to open it is so strong, but I’m going to hold out until Christmas. Thank you nonna <3
>>
>>10824731
I mean most people have informed delivery now so they can still see on their phone that someone has sent something to them and when it will arrive
>>
>>10824731
you're literally retarded.
>>
>>10824804
Sorry for the late response! You can open it whenever you'd like, if you haven't already! I'm glad it arrived safely!
>>
File: 20221223_123234.jpg (1.2 MB, 4000x3000)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
1264 to 5210 Tier: $20
Thanks for the socks and candy ! Can't wait to eat them all!
>>
1234 to 1243, $20 Tier

Thank you, Santa! You did an amazing job. I love everything you picked out for me. I actually have a Milk scarf in this same tartan pattern, so this little pouch is right up my alley. The brown combs will match all my Kumya accessories, so no worries - in fact, I already have the black ones, so fate worked out for the best! I've been meaning to buy a fluffy brooch like this, so I am happy you chose this one for me. As a fellow berry enjoyer, you already know that the earrings, keychain, and stickers are so cute, and the fact that the compact has a comb inside to fix my bangs is so nifty. Can't wait to use the adorable pencils, they are charming all by themselves. Thank you so much! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well.
>>
>>10825450
I hope you'll end up liking it!

About the tea, I may not have written it, but you should use the same leaves multiple times especially if you use them in a short period of time. Supposedly, the second cup is the best, and they'll last longer if you don't throw away multiple cups worth of leaves every day.
>>
>>10825503
yayayay, I’m so glad the bow combs worked out and that you are pleased with everything!! :-)
>>
Why has noone posted their gifts? I stopped this last year because 4 to 5years of it was shit .the team was shit. Did you guys finally kill the event for everyone else ? Seems a lot of people have grown tired of it too from what I've read so far. Not much activity in general . Like . This could really be something but everyone is so fucking up the ass here, that we just can't have nice things.
>>
>>10825662
There are much fewer gifts than past years, so fewer posted gifts should be expected. I'll agree this isn't much though, but maybe people need another day.
/cgl/ in general is so much less active than it was a year ago, and even a year ago it was in a sad state.

In my case, I left to spend the Christmas with my family, and it hadn't arrived by the time I left. I won't know if my gift has arrived until after New Year, so that's when I'll be able to post my gift at the earliest. If I get anything.
>>
>>10825662
I’m with you, my gift was delivered weeks ago and hasn’t been posted, but I figured they might have saved it for Christmas Day, so hopefully they post today. The organizer let me know that my gift would be late and would come after New Years, which is fine as I’m out of town, so that’s why I haven’t posted.
I’m hoping we get a bunch of posts today, I’ve had my gift go unposted before and it was really depressing because I worried that they hated it so much they didn’t post. Although it was Puvithal so after learning that she was just shitty in the exchange in general I felt a bit better.
But please post your gifts if you have them, your Santa’s are waiting!
>>
>>10825662
There just aren’t a lot of people participating. I think a lot of people were hesitant to join with there being a new organizer & different rules this year. The board doesn’t the kind of traffic it once did, in part because of insufferable people like you driving people away
>>
>>10825503
BITCHES LOVE BOWS
>>
File: IMG_20221226_090011080.jpg (2.4 MB, 3264x2448)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
To 1164 from Winnipeg anon, card+:

I feel like I'm going to cry, I wasn't expecting so much for a card tier. You really went above and beyond Nonna! I don't have any lolita-friendly bags to carry my knitting in and these are the perfect size. The cardigan and pin are so cute and I'm excited to dig into this manga! Also, you guessed right-- I have never tried needle felting so I'm excited for that too. Thank you so, so much! Have a happy new year!

(And sorry for the late post, was out of the house all day yesterday)
>>
>>10825666
kys
>>
Thanks so much 1265! I absolutely loved my gift! It was perfect.

1264, yours should have been delivered the 15th!

Xoxo 1245
>>
>to 1539 from 1530 - $150 tier

Hi anon :) sorry for the late post; I was with family all yesterday and today. But as for my reply - you absolute mad lad. I was shocked when opening my gift, as you really spoiled me, and it absolutely made my Christmas. I wore the Meta cutsew all of Christmas Day with my family; it’s so cute! I do enjoy printed cutsews for casual looks, and I’m so excited to incorporate it into my coords, especially during winter (the swan logo candy cane…perfect.). You had such a good feel for my taste and personal style, and I’m in love with all of the gifts I received.

I only own one other white gothic shirt, so you filled a hole in my wardrobe with the stunning Lapin Agill blouse! I love a nice black x white coord, and I’ve been dipping my toes into gothic shiro lately, so it’s truly perfect.

The AP blouse definitely isn’t too modern! I The cotton lace is so gorgeous, and as I own a good amount of sweet from the 2008-2010~ era, it fits my closet perfectly. The blouse lace may be a little off in motif for this particular coordination (though perfect for my strawberry coords), but with a nice bolero I think I’d be able to coord the blouse well with the absolutely gorgeous Dollhouse skirt. How’d you know it’s a longtime favorite main piece of mine when I didn’t include it on my /cgl/ wishlist? :o Insane! The tweed is so pretty and glittery, and the screen print is immaculate. I’m so excited to wear it - thank you!!

I could not be more thrilled about the Queen’s Coach bucket bag and headbow. Thank you so much - I’m so happy to acquire more of the set! I missed the JSK somewhat recently when on a self-inflicted buy (and browse) ban in mid-2021, and I’m crossing my fingers that I’ll be able to find it again in 2023. I truly love the set, so this was such a treat! And the IW headband and ETC tights…did you reach into my head and find my recent desire/desperate hunt for more light and dusty pink accessories?
>>
>>10825770
/cont. They are perfect additions to my wardrobe; I feel so blessed this Christmas.

And lastly - I can’t neglect to mention the adorable Conan stickers! They gave me so much joy and were such a sweet and personal touch!! The unicorn tote bag was so cute and so my taste as well! You made this a wonderful Christmas,1530, and I am so, so thankful. I hope you enjoy your holidays. <3
>>
>>10825771
Merry Christmas!! I’m so happy you like everything! Shopping for you was a ton of fun and I’m really glad you think I got a good feel for your taste. The Dollhouse skirt was just me feeling like it would look great with the other pieces on your wishlist so I’m very pleased that you love it!
Conan is also favorite of mine and I wear both sweet and gothic too (although more modern) so I felt like we have a lot in common! I hope you enjoy coordinating everything and that you have a happy new year!
>>
Ok, it’s 2 days after Christmas and still very few people have posted their gifts. I know some are probably delayed but I know my gift has been delivered and hasn’t been posted.

I haven’t received mine yet, and my giftee hasn’t posted yet and it’s kind of shitty…. I know it’s a busy time of year but it seems like a lot of people are just dropping the ball (including people posting about being cheap with shipping from Japan and to their giftee and expecting their giftee to just suck it up and deal when they get sent the wrong item)… why is everyone being so shitty? And don’t try to blame it on the organizers when they fixed the few issues (like not having white/black lists) early on and everything else has been fine from them.

Stop being shitty and post your damn gifts!
>>
>>10825891
I was also told my gift is delayed and I’m getting a little concerned since I’ve been grinched before, I hope I get an update soon.
Hopefully more people post their gifts soon though, I’ve never seen this few people post theirs.
>>
>>10825891
I think I shouldn't have expressed that bad attitude in the thread, it's contributed to spreading a bad mood and giving people a worse experience of the event. But in the end, I did pay for expensive shipping for my giftee so they could have it as fast as possible and it could be tracked.
But I also want to say that everything I bought from Japan, I bought with expensive shipping. The one thing I bought with cheap and slow shipping was only meant for myself, but I thought my SS'd screwed up and added what was for my giftee in the same shipment without me asking for it. (In the end, they hadn't, so I ended up paying to have it shipped fast and expensive).

I'll post my gift when I know that it has arrived, which won't be until next year. I have every intention of posting it when I'm able to.
>>
I hope these die next year. worst thread on the board. everyone here gb2reddit.
>>
>>10825935

>gb2reddit
as if /cgl/ secret santa hasn’t been a board tradition for years. kys faggot. secret santa is fun and brings cheer to the board and the gulls that frequent it.
>>
File: 20221224_041542.jpg (957 KB, 4000x3000)
957 KB
957 KB JPG
1520 to 1564 $150 Tier
Thank you so much! I love the Coord you designed for me, and I'm pleased to inform you that everything fits too! You made my xmas! Love that you got me some high quality wigs for when I get the future cosplays! Thanks again <3 Hope you have a nice new year Anon!
>>
>>10825892
I doubt you’re getting grinched if they told the organizers that it was delayed. There’s probably just a shipping delay on some part of the gift and/or they wanted to wait until after Christmas to ship to avoid things possibly getting lost.
If stuff is delayed, that’s one thing. Maybe a large amount of gifts got delayed this year which has led to people not being able to post yet. But gifts that were shipped on time domestically should have arrived already. I know mine was delivered mid December.
>>
>>10825999
I want to agree with you but when I did get grinched my Santa told the organizers that my gift was delayed and then never came through. We’ll see though, hopefully it all works out this time.
>>
>>10825891
So far 8 people (including the person in the last thread who didn’t post a pic but just thanked their santa for a letter) have posted gifts. We also know that there are about 2-3 other people who have posted about waiting to receive theirs. iirc several threads ago, the organizer said that they had 11 people signed up like a weekish after the signup sheet went out

I honestly think that there just aren’t that many people participating this year and what’s been posted might be the majority of the gifts. This is just me speculating though since the organizer can’t be arsed to respond to the thread
>>
>>10826040
I agree and disagree; I don't think there's a ton of people signed up this year as you mentioned, but I think the bigger issue is the amount of procrastinator-chans. On the last day of sign-ups, we saw multiple posts about how sign-ups needed to be re-opened when they were closed about 12 hours too early. We've seen multiple posts about late and delayed gifts. It wouldn't shock me if the true issue is that multiple participants are putting posting off until the January 11th deadline. Which is shitty, sure, but not rule-breaking, and it's a stressful time of year. We may just need to give it a little bit of time, as I doubt we've seen the majority of gifts.
>>
>>10826050
Honestly I think you should get knocked off the white list/not get put on the white list if you don’t post your gift. That wouldn’t stop people from participating completely, but you wouldn’t be able to get $150+ worth of probably brand and then fuck off while the person who bought for you wonders what happened.
I do agree that people seemed late this year. While supply chain issues and staffing shortages in some places might have caused some delays, there’s not much excuse when there was over a month between getting matches and the shipping deadline. I guess if you saw something that your giftee would love at the last minute and needed to wait for it to arrive or there were issues where a purchased item never arrived it can be understood, but those things don’t seem like they would happen all the time.

In past years there have been lots of posts before Christmas, this year there were very few, so I expected that we’d get a bunch of posts right after Christmas if people had waited to open the gifts. But there have only been a few. Even in years where I didn’t participate, I loved seeing all the gifts. Maybe I’m just pissy due to my giftee not posting even though it’s been over 2 weeks since it was delivered. I’m honestly more upset with that than my own gift being late. I’m worried that my gifted didn’t like their gift (even though it was mostly items directly from their wishlist).
>>
>>10826055
I consider it a type of grinching if you don't post your gift. I wouldn't be against it being cause for being put on the blacklist.
>>
>>10826059
Nayrt but I agree. It feels really shitty to spend time and money on a gift for a complete stranger, especially if you go above and beyond to make them happy, and then receive zero communication in return. I still wonder what my giftee thought of their present last year or if it even reached them, since they never posted it. It feels like a bare minimum requirement for participation.
>>
Has anyone actually gotten tracking information from the organizers when their Santa ships?
>>
>>10826064
no
>>
>>10826064
I sent my tracking to santa when I sent my package, but I haven't heard anything about mine. I'm worried it might have gotten lost. I wish the organizer would respond to emails
>>
>>10825686
Merry belated christmas, and happy new year!!! I'm so so glad you like everything!! Let me know what you think of the manga when you've read it!!!
>>
>1245 to 1264
Sorry for posting so late, got the flu and I'm just now recovering! Thanks for the socks, they're lovely and fit really well. Hope you have a great new years!
>>
File: 20221215_172520.jpg (877 KB, 4000x3000)
877 KB
877 KB JPG
>>10826248
oops, here's the pic
>>
>>10826249
We can't see anything, nonny
>>
>>10826071
This is why I signed up for a low tier instead of max. People may have had their gripes about the previous organizers, but this year's is a severe downgrade.
>>
>>10826249
Not trying to be rude, but why bother posting pic if it's just a dark blurry image of a wrapped gift..?

I'm starting to agree with the people whinging about this year's secret santa being a bust. There are so few gifts being posted and the organizer has abandoned the thread. Is there anywhere else where good online lolita/j-fash secret santas still happen?
>>
I'm thinking I can take over next year if the current organizer lets me. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do a good enough job, but I think I could manage, and I know I could make it better compared to this year.
>>
>>10826319
If you do take over, please blacklist all the people who don’t post their gifts.
It sucks to spend $200+ on someone and they can’t even post and say thank you.
>>
>>10826319
Go ahead! I just stepped in to continue the tradition.

Other years, people posted their gifts well after New Years. Delays happen and people like to take their sweet time. This year is hardly any different.

there's only like 15 gulls this year and 6 of them signed up at the very last day. I ended it early because there was a month gap between sign-ups and wanted to start matchmaking asap.

Just please be patient with the procastionaters. Every year people want people who didn't post in the thread during xmas blacklisted. I could retroactively blacklist the repeat delayers.

My volunteer quit like two days in and really put me off from doing this as I wouldn't have done so many tiers.

Don't worry I'll help anyone out if they got crinched at the time of the grinch check. Until then there's not much I can do. I'm guessing a lot of the gulls signed up with alt emails, so they'll probably just ignore if I were to beg them to post their gifts.

I am keeping track of people that have their package marked as delievered and haven't posted yet. Don't worry.
>>
>>10826333
sounds like the move for next year is to end sign-ups early on purpose to exclude the procrastinators kek
>>
>>10826333
Thanks Santa. I definitely don’t blame you for people not posting, it’s just frustrating that they aren’t. I thought there were more than 15 people and multiple were just not posting, but I guess with late gifts it’s probably just a few who have their gifts and haven’t posted. I don’t expect you to email the people and tell them to post, they should just do it because it’s part of the event.
Sorry that you got screwed by your volunteer and got overwhelmed. It was good of you to take it over.
>>
Here is what my secret santa sent! Which truly stayed secret, there was no # to be found :/ whoever you are you did a wonderful job, everything is so well put together to truly be things I like and appreciate, the hot cocoa honestly surprised me- and it was yummy too! The beret I’ve already planned coords with, and the hairclips as well. Honestly- everything is amazing, not sure if the clips were mads by yourself or not but they are made very well and will hold up against time. The card is literally the best card I have received this season. I have never had a wordsearch card or seen one before (which is interesting you knew or just decided to do it on your own, because I’m a big fan of wordsearches, not sure if I included that on my form or not) but you seriously deserve a medal for that card, I immediately went to hang it up on my wall over my pc desk. Also the eels you drew was my favorite art on the card, you really went above and beyond for me.

Overall mystery santa, thank you so much. You really brightened my holiday season, sometimes Christmas isn’t a jolly time for everyone and that was the case for me this year. I hope your holidays are spent merry and with good people.
>>
>>10826060
i spent $300 on batch one $250 /k/ gift tier, wrapped it, got barred from participating in batch 2 because of delayed shipping, sent it express because of the storms coming through my anons area that would've delayed it more, and the son of a bitch didn't even post a thank you.
>>
>>10826249
You’re welcome anon! I’m glad you liked them!
>>
>>10826545
Ah sorry, it's my first /cgl/ exchange so I wasn't sure how to sign off (then I forgot to do it at all, whoops). But I'm glad you liked it! Happy New year, and I hope the coming months treat you better, dear anon.
>>
Thought I'd post this here, since not many participants are posting their gifts and it's somewhat related.

I was one of the last people to receive my gift during last year's event, and, as an extra, my match put together an advent calendar for me to open this holiday season. I got to open the final present on the 31st, so here are the contents! Not only did I get an amazing main gift, but I also got to experience my first advent calendar made up of equally nice presents. Thanks, Santa!

Here's my original post - https://warosu.org/cgl/thread/S10711298#p10809722
>>
>>10826867
Wow, your santa went above and beyond. This is amazing.
>>
>>10826835
Oh thats fine, I’m glad you joined and super appreciate you being my santa. Thank you and also happy holidays <3
>>
Thank yo so much, 3563! You have completely spoiled me. I love love love the dress and accessories, and the mirror is so cute on my desk and matches my setup perfectly! Thank you so much for taking the time to find such great gifts. Hope you have had a good Christmas and New Year!

(PS. I will send the other half of your gift when it arrives and I am so so so so sorry for the delay!!!!)
>>
>>10826867
Thank you for saying yes to receiving the advent calendar, I've had a lot of fun making it and watching the presents gradually being opened! So thank you for the pictures too!
>>
Sorry for the delay. I’ve been traveling so much this holiday (which I’m so grateful for)

From 1732 to 1759, $75 tier

We’ve been matched before and each time I’m so fucking delighted. I’m a little annoyed at the OP because now I have a new print that I’ll need to collect every cut for! Band in the Forest is so cute and one of the bears even has a little French horn! I’m dead.

The ocean in space shirts are definitely going to be used! I adore her older style and I think I’ve collected almost all of them now?? The sheet masks are always welcome. I love slapping them on and watching tv.

The nerdy gifts; brain socks, to do list, and the covid vaccine plush, make me so happy. The vaccine plush immediately got put on my wallet and I’m excited to see what my coworkers think! (I work in a bio lab)

Thank you so much and I hope you have a wonderful 2023!
>>
1759 here again.

I was matched with 2 people and in addition to one lovely package ^ , I also received three separate one item Amazon packages.
If this little grouping was from a Santa here, thank you? Also you’d need to send me one more Amazon package to get up to $75 tier ;)

(Is this grinching? Was I grinched?)
>>
>>10827502
Yeah, it's a grinch in my book. The mug is $23, tea is $14, and the eraser is like $5. Also, kind of low effort not to be rude. I'd be disappointed if I were you. I will contact some gulls to see if we can borrow that eraser and erase the bad santa.

Sorry about this your santa was a crossboarder, I'm pretty sure. They haven't posted their gift yet either.
>>
I'm now home again after spending Christmas with my family, and sadly, my gift hadn't arrived like I was hoping for. So it'll still be an unknown amount of time before I can post mine.
>>
>>10827502
That’s super low effort. Also just out of curiosity, did you actually write on your form that you like pusheen and matcha ?
>>
I was told that my gift was delayed, but now I’m beginning to wonder if I was grinched. I know it’s not the end of the world if I was, but still depressing, especially when my own giftee never even posted the gift I sent. I thought there would be fewer shitty people in the top tier but I guess not.
>>
Sadist Santa, I think it would be a good idea to provide the giftees still waiting for their parcels with tracking info. It must be frustrating that they don't even know whether they've been grinched, the shipping is simply delayed or their package has been lost in transit altogether. Some post offices also get a lot of mixups during the holidays, so calling with an actual tracking number might be the only way for some to retrieve their parcels. I've personally experienced this during last year's event.
>>
>>10827632
people have told him this, he's too busy to do the bare minimum despite only having 15 participants to keep track of
>>
>>10827632
You do realize that delayed means they haven't sent a package because they are waiting on their gift to come to send it out right? It's not like it's stuck coming to them in to customs or something. So i have no tracking to give. Maybe next year someone can add a rule to make it so they have to send tracking info from an overseas store in case of delays.

Just be patient! I know who's waiting and delayed, everyone who already sent has been delivered. There was only one person truly stuck in customs hell so far, and they haven't even posted their gift after they arrived. Email me after grinch date if you still have nothing or you think your gift has grinched you.

For the remaining handful of gulls still waiting, I'll send tracking info because there's just the anxiety of getting grinched.
>>
>>10827558
>>10827558
I definitely put that I like pusheen and I used some stuff from the pusheen store website in the wishlist!
The matcha is probably because I put that I like tea? I just find it so strange that they didn’t even add the gift message that Amazon let’s you put.
This is actually my first time getting grinched in 8 years! So I’m annoyed but not devastated
>>
Thank you so much, 1153!!
The card is so gorgeous, the stickers are super super cute, and I will wear the hell out of this necklace!! I have it in yellow, but always wanted the blue colorway. I hope you have a very merry christmas!!
>>
Are we missing anyone for sharing their gifts?
>>
>>10828159
I'm still waiting to receive mine. But it sounded like gifts that aren't delayed are grinched? So if people are told about delays, that means I've been grinched.
>>
>>10828159
I haven’t received mine yet (I was told it was delayed though). I’m going out of town for 2 weeks on Friday so hopefully it arrives before then. If not, I’ll post when I return.
When is the grinch check date?
>>
>>10828173
Organizer didn't specify a grinch check date but the post-your-gift deadline is Jan 15 so I assume the grinch check is the same date
>>
>>10827758
Where is the necklace from? It's super cute.
>>
>>10825664
Oh hey you must be my giftee! I just got back into town yesterday, sorry I'm late.
>>
>>10828159
mine was delivered before Xmas and hasn't been posted, but I'm assuming they're busy traveling
>>
Just got the heads up that I got grinched, my Santa didn’t find anything (even though I listed that I was fine with taobao/off brand etc and had always available items on my wishlist just in case) and now wants to send cash instead to try to stay off the blacklist. Fuck that, I said blacklist.
Thanks for ruining Christmas asshole.
>>
>>10829120
wow I'm so sorry anon. that's seriously scummy. I hope your winter gets better.
>>
>>10829189
Yep, and it was the $150+ tier too so they probably got a $200+ gift and didn’t even try to play it forward. I’m guessing they probably felt bad about it and tried to play it off as “trying to find a dream gift” (that’s what they told the organizer) and hoped offering cash would suffice.
A word of advice to other anons who might try to pull this: don’t. I feel double grinches since my giftee never posted their gift either. 2022 was a super shitty year for me and I thought a fun secret Santa might help bring some joy. Instead I feel worse. So fuck you to anyone who grinched. You don’t deserve the gifts you STOLE from the good anons who do things right.
>>
>>10827758
Oh my gosh I’m so happy you liked everything! I hope your xmas was wonderful anon, good tidings! <3
>>
>>10828549
To be completely honest it is from taobao, I would search taobao bear necklace. I don’t remember the shop sorry gull.
>>
File: 167324713270552898.jpg (1.87 MB, 2730x2047)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
I got this card in a few weeks ago.
if the santa is from /cgl/ then thank you anon!
i mistakenly posted it to the /a/ SS but just got a letter from Brazil saying he would see me in /a/.
Sorry for the mix up if you did post. I'll let Sadist Santa know I wasn't grinched over email.
>>
>>10829240
Glad it arrived! Sorry I couldn’t think of anything creative to write, I hope you had nice holidays though! (which reminds me, I need to post my card too, it arrived while ago)
>>
>>10829425
i love the effort put into it.
i'm a hunter and have a love of deep winter snows (only one snow for one day in my area this whole year) so the painting spoke to my soul. i was lucky enough to visit norway in march and enjoy the snow capped forests and fjords.
the holidays were pleasant and comfy. i love christmas time and the secret santas are the best part.
hope to see your cards soon.
>>
>>10829223
Thanks! Gives me something to do. :)
>>
>>10829240
beautiful! nice work, santa
>>
Were matches this year pairs or round robin?
>>
>>10830956
I've always suspected everyone got mutual matches, because people began getting their matches before the signup closed.
There were also very few people in each tier, so even if it wasn't planned, it would have been the likely outcome anyway.
>>
>>10830956
I did not get a mutual match. I think organizer did their best they could with the small headcount spread across lots of tiers. I think next year we should have fewer tiers, and maybe first do a poll to see how many people are interested in each tier.

Did grinch check happen?
>>
>>10830956
my match wasn’t mutual. $150 tier.
>>
>>10830956
I got grinched so I’m not sure if it was mutual, but there weren’t many people so if there were only 2 in a certain tier they may have had to be mutual? Or the last minute people might have gotten mutual matches if the other matches had already been made.
>>
Is grinch check still happening or did the organizer leave altogether?
>>
>>10831570
I heard from the organizer recently letting me know that I was probably grinched.
>>
>>10831570
My match never posted their gift. Maybe they didn't pick up the package in time and they think they were grinched? But then it would have been returned to me, I assume. Very confused as to what's going on.
>>
I think I was grinched, because I haven't received anything, but I have not been contacted and told I probably was, so if I'm not, I really think I should get a tracking number to see where the package could be.
>>
>>10829194
Wow you're a dick..I was trying to find your dress and asked around like crazy..fuck off then. You don't even know what I had planned
>>
>>10829194
Also I hadn't gotten anything yet either.
>>
>>10832332
You’re really calling me a dick when you grinched me? Like it’s nice that you wanted to find a dream gift but at some point you had to have realized that it wasn’t going to happen and should have figured something else out. Anyone who wears lolita knows that it’s possible that people won’t be able to find old releases. It’s part of the fashion. Hence why I put that I was open to non brand etc. and put some other things on the wishlist. You may have had good intentions but you fucked up and then tried to backpedal when it was too late. Your plans mean nothing if you didn’t come through with them.
Maybe I am a bitch for being mad and disappointed that I was grinched. Maybe I’m a bitch for wanting to receive an actual gift in a gift exchange instead of just cash. I’m willing to own that because I’m honest and if that makes me a bitch, so be it. I hope you learn from this experience and don’t pull this type of thing again.
>>
>>10832340
I'm not even fully reading what you said at this point. I didn't grinch you and had already paid for the label but you can just go fuck yourself now.... And it wasn't just cash, that was a bonus, it's not like I could say what you were getting. I'll probably still send it anyways because I'm a bitch like that.. but fuck doing this again to your ungrateful ass.
>>
>>10832344
I mean, I’m just going off of what the organizer told me, so if I’m misinformed, I apologize. If you send a gift I will let the organizer know and post it here. It sounds like there was miscommunication here.
The way it read to me was that there was no gift and the cash was to cover for that. If that’s not the case, I really am sorry. I didn’t want to make someone who actually did the work feel bad.
>>
>>10832352
I could probably have been more clear with the organizer as well. I'll admit I'm not the best at explaining myself. Sorry for worrying you.
>>
>>10832352
>>10832360
santanon would you please explain.. I’m not trying to be rude and it sounds like there was a miscommunication but for all anyone knows you just ignored the deadline and failed to update your recipient about the status of their gift. Also it’s kind of strange to offer cash in any circumstance here. What happened?
>>
>>10832365
I was out of state, I don't normally celebrate Christmas in general so it's not something I'm on top of, we just recently even started doing decorating for it. I was searching for the top tier dream item, because I aim high, couldn't find it. Finally got back, and thought I'd offer to continue looking for their dream item and if not send cash along with other items I worry would be less impressive and that I had envisioned but didn't list to the organizer specifically. Plus I usually got cash as gifts so didn't think anything of it.
>>
So is there a grinch squad this year for anons that got grinched? It sounds like there hasn’t been a lot of communication on what’s going on.
>>
>>10832374
sounds like a lot of excuses why deadlines and expectations don't apply to you. i agree your giftee got grinched of the experience of celebrating the holidays with a secret santa event. this makes me appreciate my santa even more.
>>
>>10832374
>I was out of state,
>I don't normally celebrate Christmas in general so it's not something I'm on top of
Why did you sign up for this if you knew you wouldn't be available during the timeframe you'd need to do shopping and also are not able to be "on top of" the christmas season as a general timeframe?

I believe you had good intentions but I hope you understand why you're (hopefully) being blacklisted.
>>
>>10832476
There is and I'm waiting on a few things before I start sending emails about it. I don't think people should grinch squad at a tier higher than the one they signed up for.

If anyone would not care about what tier, please shoot me an Email. There's only two grinched at a higher tier and an international one.

>>10832374
This is exactly why I made people fill out a wishlist and/or dream items.. ;-; anon pls
>>
>>10832578
I did not know I would be unavailable it was last minute. Jesus Christ do I have to explain my life's story? Fine I'm a grinch then. Bye.
>>
>>10832630
>I did not know I would be unavailable it was last minute
Then post update(s) in the thread so that your giftee isn't left wondering what's going on and thinking her gift has been forgotten. No one is asking for your life's story. Everyone had over a month to shop.

>Bye.
no one is name calling or being rude to you. I guess I'm just so perplexed by people like this who are completely incapable of taking responsibility for their actions. It makes events like this suck more for everyone.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.