[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 70 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: angleordebil.jpg (179 KB, 1117x900)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
You know what to do
>>
Does anyone know what volume of GLB this is from? A quick search through lolitahistory didn't help
>>
>>10815441
glb 26
>>
>>10815441
http://www.lolitahistory.com/gallery/picture.php?/62139/category/71
>>
If I have a blouse wtih 1 singular detachable sleeve with no chance of getting the matching one, what can I do with the sleeve?
I'm considering selling the entire blouse because I really just bought it for the sleeves..
>>
>>10815467
if you can't find the exact same lace/materials to make the matching detachable sleeve then I'd suggest selling the blouse.
>>
>>10815457
>>10815458
Thank you!
>>
In your experience, are VW Rocking Horse shoes worth the hype? The Baby Victoire ones are pretty similar and a third of the price. Asking because I might have the chance to buy a pair soonish but not sure if it's a right investment.
>>
How old is circlly & Lace Market? When / how did it begin?
>>
What kind of wig brand to you recommend?
>>
>>10816959
VW ones are genuine leather and wood vs shitty pleather burando use (don't know about soles, tho)
>>
>>10817080
almost a decade
>>
>>10816959
BABY shoes are shit, you're better off buying taobao for the same quality (or better) but much cheaper
>>
are there any decent quality petticoats that are also somewhat affordable? I've heard before that andromeo has good pettis and with the current exchange rate they're really affordable, should I go with andromeo or is there a better option?
>>
>>10817171
I like my Aurora & Ariel pettis, they're good for the price
>>
>>10817171
Aurora and Ariel, Wunderwelt originals
>>
I’m trying to get back into lolita. I like really basic pieces in nice fabrics, where should I be looking?
Ps where is the go to place for cheap secondhand these days?
>>
Does anyone have any tips on curling synthetic wig bangs? Should I use rollers with a steamer or an iron? I haven’t been able to find a decent tutorial anywhere.
>>
>>10817371
don't use steam unless it's human hair. does your wig say the max temp? just use a curling iron within it's temp limit. from there you can just use a tutorial for real hair curling in the style you need.
>>
>>10817186
>>10817214
thanks for the recommendation anons!
>>
what's the difference between otome and casual lolita? i've seen the terms conflated amongst western lolita insta posts..
>>
>>10817371
You have to put it on a form- like roller or something, get it hot, and let it set. It has to cool down in the shape you want it, just using an iron directly won’t keep the curl.
Hope that makes sense
>>
>>10817371
>>10817376
>>10817393

Steam is a great option for all kinds of synthetic hair. Just use the right method, never touch the nozzle directly to the hair, no matter what you see people do in tutorials. Only touch the nozzle of the steamer to the hair if you know for a fact the hair can take it and doesn't crimp up.
Now, before curling you have to smooth the hair if it's frizzy or has those fried ends. You can make it smooth with steam.
Here's a tutorial for making a wig smooth with steam;
https://youtu.be/YZACutmRAeg?list=PLrFB7c6ddZxXn27MXgeX1LjYe6eyFdtsf

Once you have it nice and smooth you can put in rollers, then saturate every roller with steam, put a plastic bag on top of the wig and fill the bag with steam and then let it sit. After half a day remove the bag, then let the hair completely dry.
Remove the rollers, do the rest of your styling.
Tutorial;
https://youtu.be/yrCNikPH4hk?list=PLrFB7c6ddZxXn27MXgeX1LjYe6eyFdtsf

A lot of drag wig tutorial makers on youtube are really rough with their wigs so they end up pulling out a ton of hair after smoothing the wig. This is unnecessary, just go slower and more careful.

So yeah, steam is one option. Another option is using a curling iron or flat iron that has temperature settings. Just make sure you know what the max temp of your wig is (check the box/packaging/leaflet/description) and stay under that max temp when heat styling. If you, for some reason, can't find out what the max temp is then set your heat styling tool to 200~215F and try it out on some hair that's not very visible (like from the nape).
Do that anyway even if the box tells you it's heat safe, because sometimes that's a bold faced lie.
If you use a curling iron on a wig within the max heat setting the curl will stay in but it won't be as tight of a curl compared to steaming them on a roller. This can be a good thing though.

Don't use steam on a HH wig. Why would you?
You can just use a wet set method, it's the gentlest option.
>>
>>10817393
>>10817427
Fantastic resources - thank you both! I appreciate the detail and have a better idea of how to approach styling now. I may be back with questions after trying out the tutorials, but thanks so much, nonnas :)
>>
>>10817446
one thing I wanted to add but the previous comment was too long for is that synth hair doesn't react to heat styling the same way that hh does.
If you steam curl synth hair on a roller for example it doesn't drop down as much as hh does.
A lot of advice regarding the use of rollers is within the context of real hair, so we usually use smaller rollers than the diameter of the curl we really want because we know that with real hair the curl will loosen and drop out a little bit within one or two hours.
But you should not do the same with synth hair.
The diameter of the roller you use will be the diameter of the curl you will get.
It will pretty much stay in the shape you steam it in. The curl does not relax or drop like hh does.
This can lead to some pretty artificial/fake looking results if you use rollers that are too small.
Steam set synth hair curls don't brush out as naturally as hh does. If you've ever seen a vintage roller set brush out you know that you can brush it out to form waves together. That is much harder with steam set synth hair. It will just bounce back up and is far more resistant to forming a more cohesive wave.

Using a curling iron on synth hair gives results that are more like hh hair. It drops more like hh does, and is more easily brushed out like hh does.

So remember if you're steam setting synth hair with rollers lean more towards thicker rollers than the one you think you'll need (unless you're trying to make a ringlet wig) and with hh lean more towards thinner rollers than the diameter you want because hh drops/loosens pretty quickly even with appropriete products.

Both steam setting and curling iron are user friendly options for synth wig styling. The result of the latter may be more predictable though.
But even if you screw up you can always start from scratch again by steaming everything smooth. The only reasons to throw away a wig is if it's lost a load of hair or if there's glue in it or if it's been sun bleached.
>>
>>10817427
>>10817448
most people fuck up steam because steam temp isn't easy to control. remember this is the jfash thread not the cosplay thread. most people here are novices.
>>
>>10817448
>The only reasons to throw away a wig is if it's lost a load of hair or if there's glue in it or if it's been sun bleached.
This is really incorrect.
>>
What is this "sticker" or "sticker test" some people refer here to ? Like in the ita thread somebody said " she passed the sticker test" what does that mean ?
>>
>>10817471
it's a dumbass thing where people claim if you cover the person's face and the coord is fine, it's not ita. i am anti-sticker test, because part of what makes a good coord is how it looks on the wearer. if you can't do your hair and make yourself look nice it doesn't look good. it doesn't matter if your coord would look fine on a mannequin.
>>
>>10817457
if you test it out on a small section of nape hair of the wig and start at a distance of 10 to 12 inches and then slowly get closer to the hair you will find out very quickly how to use the steamer.

Just to be clear we're talking about garment steamers, either a handheld or one on a stand, and not steam cleaners used for windows, rugs or car interiors.

If your garment steamer is hotter than someone else's steamer then just increase the distance between the steamer nozzle/head and the hair.
I've used several types of garment steamers, some produced very little steam and were pretty low temp and I've also used an absolute beast of a steamer with high temp and high steam output.
They all worked fine for styling wigs, I just had to adjust the distance between the steamer nozzle/head and the hair.
The steamer head with the metal plating got the hottest.
I'm not a cosplayer, I'm not super advanced at wig styling. I stumbled upon wig styling videos online and wanted to be frugal by reviving my old wigs since I saw a lot of lolitas either wear crispy ratty wigs or throw them out.

>>10817462
I admit it was a poor choice of words on my part, and I also forgot to include "melted by accident". What I meant was a lot of people throw wigs out that have gotten tangled, frizzy or frazzled that could be saved with a 20$ garment steamer.
>>
>>10817480
not every girl or woman has a good looking (read; conventionally attractive) face even with properly applied makeup. Some people are just ugly/below average looking and although you can make them look a little better with makeup some are so ugly that you can't make them look pretty with makeup because makeup has limits too.

IMO if the outfit is good, the hair and makeup is good, and it's just a woman with an unfortunate face it's not ita.
Ita is about a painfully bad outfit to me, and yes I include the hair and makeup in the outfit since those are both deliberate styling choices.
Someone's jawline or cheekbones aren't. And to 'fix' that costs a whole lot more than a whole wardrobe.
I'm saying that because people here have said "if you can afford lolita you can afford a nose job",, jfc it isn't always as simple as a nose job. Some people need their jaw reshaped, cheekbones chiseled down, hooded eyelids fixed, eyebrows lifted, etc, and that costs a lot more than a fashion hobby.
The idea that ugly people don't get to properly engage in lolita because their ugly face makes them ita goes against the OG spirit of lolita to me.

"kek, you got triggered".. Yes, I got triggered. This isn't something you can fix like being a whale. I feel joy when I see really old street snaps of lolitas with below average faces, giving no shits and just doing their thing.
>>
>>10817489
Lol it's really funny, I was asking for the sticker test and I literally try to achieve that. What I mean is, that I try my best to build a decent wardrobe (sadly can only spend 100 bucks on Lolita per month) it's slow but steady and hey it's not a race. Rather be slow now and not a it's and then in 1\2 years have a beautiful wardrobe. Anyway, the only thing that sadly I can change is my face. I don't hate it per say, it just really doesn't fit Lolita at all and looks weird even with make up sooo yeah stickers, stickers on all my future pictures
>>
How de heck prints became popular? They been considered cringe "back in the days". Also why the heck all skirts have identical cuts? How this fashion became so unoriginal and low effort in last 11 years?
>>
>>10817528
Why do you type like that?
>>
>>10817528
The only one who considers prints cringe is you. I live and die by prints. Part of what makes this fashion unique.
>>
>>10817489
>>10817510
you both sound ita.
>>
>>10817485
You still have to know the max temperature that wigs can handle. Cheap wig fibers will melt from a steamer temp. You say you're not an expert so stop acting like one.
>>
Where can I find scans of old j-fashion magazines other than lolitahistory? I'm looking specifically for older issues of fruits, cutie, zipper, and olive.
>>
>>10817613
that's why you test it on a bit of hair in a place where it wouldn't be noticeable. I've never had a problem even with my 20$ taobao wigs. All of them reacted well to the steamer, I cannot imagine having to style wigs without a steamer as it's just much more effort having to smooth and restyle without a steamer.
If you absolutely must you can cut a bit of hair from the nape area of the wig to test the steamer on away from the wig, but I've never had to do this. And it's not like you'll be doing an updo and revealing the nape of the wig with these types of wigs, they're not 360 lace.

The kind of wig fiber that would melt from a steamer temp is probably a party city type of wig that looks super fake and shiny, not suitable for lolita fashion. If you have one of those wigs and you paid more than 10~15$ you were scammed.

I'm no expert but I do have a lot of experience.
Use you common sense and just test stuff out in a safe way.

>>10817677
have you googled livejournal j-fashion scans or something similar? I remember back in the day scans used to be shared of all kinds of j-fashion magazines through LJ.
But even if you find the actual LJ groups and the magazines scans you want it's possible the file sharing links are dead. Just a heads up.
>>
>>10817741
Original anon who asked here and I really appreciate all your advice. I can’t imagine a steamer would be too hot for my heat-resistant taobao wigs and will definitely give it a try (testing on the nape first!). Your expertise and tips are so helpful, and the linked tutorials were very in-depth; thank you!
>>
>>10817742
Good luck anon!
>>
I like higher quality items, and some favorite shoe brands are American Duchess and Fluevog. Unfortunately, they don't carry lace up knee high boots in a more typical lolita style, such as the boots shown. Does anyone have a current higher quality source for this kind of shoe?
>>
>>10817854
I'm also looking for leg warmers to make my main shoes cold weather viable. If you have any cute related pics to share for inspo, I'd appreciate it nonnies!
>>
Is this some special way to tie up your skirt + petticoat to make using the toilet easier?
I'm not sure what the video is saying.
https://youtu.be/NNZmqULSXE4
>>
>>10817870
>Is this some special way to tie up your skirt + petticoat to make using the toilet easier?
Yes, that's basically the gist of it
>>
>>10817872
do you know how it works/how to tie it up?
>>
>>10817854
Those boots are 20$. They are not shit but you obviously can't expect American Duchess quality for that price. The faux fur looks cheap so I replaced it with a better looking one and they are fine
>>
>>10815307
does anyone know which shopping sevices will work with xianyu, or have any general tips for browsing?
>>
>>10817894
I would pay hundreds of dollars for an all leather pair, but I just can't find them on the market. It's been frustrating...
>>
>>10817489
I think even "ugly" people can find a hair/makeup look that works for them. Maybe they won't be pretty, but at least look good overall, Juria Nakagawa was practically deformed and got modeling gigs and most VK guys are ass-ugly without makeup.
Also sorry to say it, but not being overweight goes a long way too. Many of the girls posted in the ita thread would probably look a lot better if they weren't obese and getting in shape is something that's achievable to everyone who puts the effort in.
>>
Is it ok to put sugar bouquet (picrel, from 2012) in the washing machine ? Also the lace is a little discolored, is there any product you would recommand for whitening it ?
>>
>>10817897
ayrt

I feel that way about some gyaru models that are in magazines in the makeup tutorial section. They start with their bare face looking below average and I was surprised when I compared it to the end result.

However I'm not convinced transformative level makeup can make everyone look pretty. I think there are some people who, although they definitely can be made to look better with makeup, cannot be made pretty with makeup.

I think that a lot of transformative makeup tutorials online are a disservice to ugly people giving them false hope because often there are filters involved but also the make up technique itself might not lead to an ugly person becoming pretty.

When I say ugly or pretty I'm not trying to make a value judgment of that person, I'm just talking about how the face they have would be judged by societal standards. The biggest problem is not being ugly but the fact that many people instinctively make a value judgment based on how ugly or pretty someone's face is.

I'm pretty sure the person in the pic you dropped has been made fun of for her face, and I think it's good that she hasn't let that stop her from presenting herself in a non mainstream way.

And I definitely agree with you that people would look better in general if they kept a healthy weight.
>>
>>10817904
I use oxiclean with a gentle toothbrush depending on lace quality
>>
>>10817907
It's really scary how many influencer use filters on their videos or Instagram posts. Like damn, it's just one step below watching a make up tutorial from a literally v-tuber in the sense or realism and do-ability
>>
>>10817911
the more people who become aware of how severe filter abuse is the better. One of the people in my comm had to enlighten me some years ago, I had no clue people in my comm were using filters on their photos. It wasn't something I was familiar with, I didn't use it and still don't.
>>
hiya does anyone have photos of this worn thank u
>>
>>10817896
try antaina on taobao? I hear they do commissions and will make things in real leather if you ask. I have never personally commissioned antaina before so correct me if I'm wrong
>>
>>10817897
She usually covered her lower face with a mask though
>>
Hello I know nothing about cgl but my friend wants me to cosplay as a character he likes. So he's willing to buy this for me.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255799887484323.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2a381e66j5G4cf&algo_pvid=d2bdd7f5-861b-42c5-9d3c-2d5033f024f2&algo_exp_id=d2bdd7f5-861b-42c5-9d3c-2d5033f024f2-0&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2210000000192350508%22%7D&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21CAD%2188.64%2170.92%21%21%21%21%21%402101e9cf16683834652438917e48dd%2110000000192350508%21sea&curPageLogUid=NOdoSWeI7f3N&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

First, does this look good? I don't want a cheep looking Halloween costume.
And second, would it look gay or too effeminate? I don't really care about being a bit feminine but I don't want to be an outright crossdresser.
>>
>>10817970
sorry for no picz lol
>>
I saw this hat on amazon and the title was
>GRACEART Unisex Steampunk Gay Pride Military Captain Hat Lolita Caps Burning Man Hat
Notice how it says gay pride, my question is how is this gay? Am I stupid for being concerned why does it say it's gay pride!?!
>>
>>10817970
He wants to fuck you
>>
>>10817984
I made him coom to my pp once and had post-nut after so he got mad, but let's not talk so lewdly on a blue board.
>>
>>10817975
Plenty of leather/kink gay communities wear military hats. It's not a particularly niche thing if youre (not assimilationist) gay. Not covered in vkei decor like your pic, but the title can be attributed to SEO.
>>
Is Requiem (the Korean indie brand) dead? I really want one of their coffin headdresses but they haven't posted anything about them since April-ish.
>>
>>10817970
This is trash lmao
>>
>>10817897
>Juria Nakagawa was practically deformed
Is being even slightly outside of the typical beauty standard for women considered deformed now? She looks normal
>>
any place to purchase cute harajuku/scene/gyaru styled clothing? clothing thats really colorful, out-there, doesn't make much sense, niche ect

thanks in advance anons
>>
>>10818074
Depop is a great place to look :) And ebay if you search kawaii there are so many results! There are so many unique pieces!
>>
>>10818070
by modern standards she's considered below average (read; ugly) without makeup.
>>
>>10818070
>>10818088
She was pretty imo but she has a very recessed jaw which was almost made worse by how clearly self conscious she was about it given the many creative ways she would hide it (masks, hand gestures, angles). She would be an ideal candidate for a sliding genioplasty.
>>
>>10818090
Her lower face issues are enough for her to be considered ugly, she would probably indeed benefit (both aesthetically and functionally) from surgery. In her case it's pretty severe (imo) because it's obvious not only in her profile but also from the front. With milder cases it's only obvious from the side profile.
>>
>>10818047
Ok thanks for the answer.
I would ask where to get a better costume but I feel like I won't get an answer.
>>
>>10818105
>>10818090
You can also tell that in many photos she has to struggle to keep her lips closed. she could probably get surgery for that reason alone, even if she didn't care about appearance
>>
>>10818105
i thinn she’s pretty otherwise and that may be why she became popular? her jaw is deformed but it gives her a unique edge. her looks are very polarizing, that’s for sure

imo it would be harder for someone with below average features all around to be considered pretty, even if none of their flaws are as severe
>>
>>10818173
I think you better stick to a credible cos website, the link you sent only has one photo and no reviews
>>
>>10817985
>>10817984
>>10817970
>>10818047
>>10818173
>>10818206
this isn't the fucking cosplay thread. get out.
>>
>>10818226
Sorry :(
>>
where are places i can buy Cult Party Kei clothing? it doesn't have to be that brand aesthetic
it's frustrating when people in Kei Market just list literally anything white and red as Cult Party Kei desu
>>
>>10818206
Yeah..
I don't know anything about cosplay but thanks for your advice. You can stop replying to my posts.
>>
>>10818266
Vintage shops and thrift stores. Cult party kei is literally just vintage lounge wear layered.
>>
Do any brands make wallets? Or a pouch I could use as one?
>>
>>10818301
I've seen Meta/MMM/AP wallets but I'm sure there are others
>>
>>10818301
just about every brand out there. look up “wallet”, “pouch”, and “holder” on lolibrary.
>>
>>10817159
Foam soles aren’t better quality than wood soles
>>
I’m looking for some loliable casual tops, blouses and cutsews. Recommendations of styles, places to buy, etc? I just want something comfy I can wear with skirts or even jeans or something and still look decent.
>>
>>10818369
Axe femme is my favourite for cute comfy wear.
>>
>>10818369
Axes, ma*rs, amavel, rojita, dear my love, putumayo, ank rouge
>>
>>10817904
I have this exact release and the print does run. I just take it to the dry cleaner
>>
>>10818342
Doesn't change that fact that my BTSSB shoes fell apart the first time I wore them
>>
>>10818553
horrible suggestions
>>
Someone on Lacemarket bought an item from me recently and wants me to declare the value lower than it is. I already allowed a hold for three weeks for them to gather up funds, but I genuinely feel uncomfortable doing so. I'm not sure what to do since I don't want to be rude, but also don't want to break the law. I even told them I can't legally, and they insisted that they can't afford customs fees. I've been selling for years and never had this happen to me, so I'm not sure what to do?
>>
>>10819022
If you don't feel comfortable at any point during a sale then you can just cancel the sale (if the buyer isn't going to back down). You can maybe get Lacemarket to make their potential negative feedback neutral.
>>
>>10819022
As >>10819025 said, if you don't feel comfortable at any point you should cancel the sale. If you want to look into it more, check their feedback (do they have a history of un/successful purchases internationally at a similar price?)

As a buyer I have asked sellers to do similar things. All of them went well, but it is totally reasonable for the seller to refuse those requests and I wouldn't be annoyed at them for it. The buyer should have asked if you would declare the value lower and hold before buying.
>>
Is there an updated version of the taobao dictionary out there? The one that gets posted is pretty dated (I remember seeing it when I first started using cgl back in 2014) and a lot of the trends listed in it aren't trends anymore
>>
Who is a good example of a very masculine aristocrat?
I am too old to pull of cute, and shorts look ridiculous on my long legs
>>
>>10819194
Most of them are at least a little effeminate. If you're looking for manly man fashion this isn't it
>>
File: DSC_8926.jpg (539 KB, 774x1200)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>10819194
DJ Lord Fer of Mexico (the city) dresses Neo-Victorian. He is MMA fighter outside of DJing, so has body frame rather opposite of a "girlish twink". I don't remember his age but he is closer to 40 than 20 now. Picrel is 5 years tho.
>>
>>10819218
Tho most of his wardrobe is probably custom, as Mexicans in general tend to produce most of their alt clothing in country (it's much cheaper than import). Biggest center of fashion being Mexico City where there are most of their shops located. These shops are also the same place where clothing is being made. So they are in pretty unique position. More info in video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fae9s-o4SSg

Video by Aurelio Voltaire from New York, who also dresses with aristocrat influences.
>>
Why the fuck is a Japanese company named Yosuke USA and why do they make it so you have to jump through hoops to shop?!
>>
>>10819219
If you want to create the most basic possible "aristocraty" wardrobe look (potentially in thrift store) for a black 3 piece suit (pants, vest, jacket) of a pretty conservative cut and get a white shirt with "oldschool" collar types that wold fit your face/head type plus some oldschool crovat or ascot tie. Accesorize it with silver jewellery, some boots like for example pointy leather Chelsea boots (I hope you know how to mirror shine?) add some makeup if you feel like it. The most basic stuff even novice can do is black pencil liner - you countur around waterlines and underneath and then smudge with finger. Looks great even on very muscular bros. If you would consider nail polish let your nails grow a little bit and round them with file. Nail polish on nails cut as much close to skin as possible looks strange. On longer nails looks striking. So I would go for longer.
>>
File: 11-CSW32-scaled.jpg (456 KB, 1461x2560)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>>10819226
I think wedding fashion shops might be of help as there are the most likely places to find male fashion that is tied strongly to victorian era.
>>
File: ATHM.jpg (89 KB, 1270x2152)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>10819228
If you want more advices/more detailed protips more or less say how masculine you are - meaning state your body frame, facial hair, amount of muscles etc. But generally speaking if you would follow black colored + white shirt scheme with suits of oldschool cuts you should be good even if you are shaped like Shwartzenegger. Just study photos of how males were dressing back in the days and try finding similar cuts where possible in modern fashion with formal male wear and apply some gothic twist to it. Sooner or later you will build a proper wardrobe if you have any fashion sense at all. Keep in mind that everyone was startig somewhere and was not satisfied for a while with their wardrobe when starting. It's all the part of learning process that should produce desired result at some point if you are determined enough and have "feeling of fashion".
>>
>>10819225
You can buy this shoe from Atelier Pierrot
>>
File: signet.jpg (315 KB, 1024x1024)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
>>10819238
As for rings if you have more massive fingers you might be interested in more massive signet rings. If you have less massive but long fingers that even female jewellery would fit you can try to add some "stereotypicaly femmine" rings in small quantities.

General rule of thumb is the bigger you are the bigger both patterns and accessories should get. Too small would make you even bigger than you really are.
>>
>>10819245
*would make you look even bigger
>>
File: gothic-wedding.jpg (55 KB, 640x866)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>10819238
>>
File: ongala-2000-1.jpg (129 KB, 720x1080)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>10819247
>>
>>10819225
Just use an SS? It's not any more difficult than buying anything else from Japan
>>
File: pocketwatchwithchain.jpg (82 KB, 1200x1200)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>10819245
Ah, and a pocket watch would add "oldschool" vibe too.
>>
>>10819251
This dude has a nice video on making modern clothing look "vintage style" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVDyrIrDwjU
>>
Been a while since I browsed WW - is the favourite button gone now? I can only favourite items from the list view, not from the actual listing.
>>
>>10819238
if body shape is classic V shaped wide shoulders anon might be interested in double button
>>
File: pngwing.com.png (86 KB, 555x555)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>10819299
how to tie formal ascot/plastron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sew0Nd7Gj1M

As for accesories to make look goffik:
cufflinks, lappel pins, ascot pins, broches, collar links, rings, signets, shoes and boots, belts, belt buckles, pocket watches, trousers side chains, more decorative bigger safety pins in strategic locations, necklaces etc, wirst bands, wirst chains and probably a lot more stuff
Hairstyle, the way you trim facial hair and some eyeliner or heavier makeup add a lot to final result too.

So as you see you don't have to even shop in "alt japanese clothing shops" to actualy get desired result. Jewellery can be obtaines from generic jewellery shops that sell rings with semi precious and precious stones. As well as even biker shops if you want to wear skull rings. Local esoteric shops might have some interesting necklaces, ethnic/oriental/historic/pagan jewellery is common among tradgoths you might look into some pieces yourself etc. The more you stay outside the "goff/alt shops" more unique your style gets. It's fine to have pieces from them but when you go mostly by these brands you get less unique and more predictable.
>>
>>10819811
you sound ita.
>>
>>10819271
It's working for me, are you logged in?
>>
>>10819819
nice b8 m8
>>
How bad would it be if I went to a tea party with an unzipped dress, covered with a bolero and jacket? Would people notice?
>>
>>10819946
Don't do this to yourself nonny. Buy a dress that fits, or wait to wear it until you lose weight. Not only can you never take off your jacket, but your bust area is going to be skewed.
>>
I’m looking for a chocolate colored short coat for my lolita coords. Anyone have any ideas on where to find one? It never snows or rains here but it does get cold at night, so I’d like to have at least one for those awful months.
>>
What shops sell a soft or pastel yellow tea party shoe? Sheep Puff’s color is perfect, I just want a simpler design that’s not a platform. Antaina’s yellow looks too bright. Any recommendations?
>>
>>10819946
Please don't do this at an event. It's one thing to do it in strategically posed photos you take in your home, but in person everyone will notice. Even if they don't say anything to your face they will all be silently judging you. I've seen other girls do it at cons and it looks terribly sloppy in motion. Also if it's too tight you will probably be uncomfortable the whole time which will make you enjoy yourself less. Just wait until you can fit into the dress.
>>
dumbfuck question but has anyone here ever worn a petticoat on a plane? if so, how was it, and were you harrassed by staff and/or fellow passengers? traveling via spirit to a con soon and am afraid i won’t be able to fit my biggest petti into my underseat bag.

>inb4 poorfag. i’d rather spend my money on lolita than shill $60 a flight for another bag
>>
>>10820010
I wear a medium sized one on trains and planes often. It takes up too much space in my luggage otherwise. I tuck the sides toward the bottom and sit on it to keep the size down. No passenger or staff has been annoyed in my experience.
>>
>>10820010
I haven’t worn a petti on a plane but I’ve worn ridiculous clothes that won’t fit in luggage before.
Wear the petti and bring an empty bag to put it in once you get on the plane. You don’t have to keep it on once you have boarded.

I’m looking for where to get decent longer lolita pieces. I’m not particularly tall but I can’t stand dresses that hit above my knees. Long length IW is a good length on me but their bodices look like ass. I want to sell off a bunch of my shorter pieces but I need something to replace them with first. Classic style.
>>
Can someone help me find a specific video?
i remember it being older, pre 2015 i think, where these interviewers went into a black girls apartment i think in shinjuku area to show off her lolita collection. i think the interview started in the street though. it was oneof those Japanese tv programs i believe.
>>
>>10820099
You and me both anon. AP probably has the best bodice designs, but it's very hard to find dresses longer than 97cm. Tall, cotton, shirred classic pieces don't really exist in brand name lolita.
>>
>>10820099
Meta has a preorder going on right now for a longer JSK that's a simple solid. It's very pretty and would work for classic very well.
>>
>>10820172
I like it fine, but I wish it were available in more colors. The selection isn't compelling enough for me to order.
>>
>>10820179
That's fair. I love the green, myself, but you're right that it's a narrow selection.
>>
>>10819825
Logged in, cleared cookies, tried everything. Still not there for me
>>
What blouse is she wearing? I want to find something like this or something similar.
>>
>>10820288
https://lolibrary.org/items/ap-romantic-sweet-lacy-blouse-2014-2nd-release
>>
So I'm a long time lurker... how do you usually size dresses? It looks like manufacturers just have one size for everything. What do you do if you just don't fit in the bust, or the waist, etc?
What if you're smaller than the listed measurements? Do you just pad it out?
>>
>>10820296
Shirring panels for being over the max, corset lacing for being under the min
>>
>>10820303
Could you link me examples of the appropriate corset lacing please?
>>
>>10820102
I know what you're talking about, it might be the Zoom in Saturday/Sunday show? I found it again by typing in harajuku fashion kyary as I remember she was in one of them. The black girl pops up at around 2:50 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIsdKk2loYQ&ab_channel=Yhmar21hEiro
>>
>>10820308
https://lolibrary.org/items/victorian-maiden-lady-long-op On the back.
>>
>>10820296
underweightlita here as well and your blouse adds a surprising amount of bulk to your measurements. take the base bust/waist number and add at least an inch for the space your blouse will take up. older JSKs will be your friend; the sizing is much smaller than anything you will buy new. older AP and baby (pre-2006-ish, in the true old school era) is tiny, and with a blouse you shouldn’t have issues (even with unshirred JSKs) unless you’re an extreme ana-chan or a pre-pubescent child.

if you’re not an old schooler, you will still generally find smaller and smaller (and higher-quality) pieces the farther you go back in release year. anything with half-back shirring will generally be your best bet after the old school period i mentioned, as the bodice is made to stretch and thus can fit a very tiny bust when the shirring is unstretched (a few extra inches of fabric are often much more noticeable with an unshirred bodice, depending on your size). as you buy more pieces you will start to recognize which brands fit your size best as well. and as another anon mentioned, corset lacing can help, but i find it can look awkward to overlace a dress that has been designed for larger measurements - still worth a try, though.

overall, though, i really wouldn’t worry too much about lolita looking too big on you if you’re underweight and short. with a petticoat creating the proper silhouette, you won’t look like a child in your mother’s dresses. there are plenty of ana-chans and women with extremely petite bone structure who look fine in lolita they technically should be swimming in. the silhouette does wonders.
>>
>>10820313
>>10820333
Thank you!
>>
Does anyone have recommendations for black maryjane type shoes for old school? I was looking into the kera demonias a lot of girls wear but it seems like they start at size 6
>>
>>10820365
I got the antaina knockoffs of the demonia dollie MJs in a matte finish. Would've bought the legit demonias but I've always been disappointed with their quality. I've seen people buy them from TUK and koi footwear too though.
>>
>>10820365
Also please don't buy the Keras. They're extremely oversaturated and shit quality. The straps on mine fell apart after like, 4 wears.
>>
>>10820375
thank you! i'll look into the antaina ones
>>
>>10820309
omg thank you <3 this somehow haunted my mind and i wished to find it again
>>
How to you match your hair tone to your skin tone? I've seen someone talk about it in the ita thread
>>
>>10820456
Figure out what undertone you have (cool, warm, olive, anything in between) and pick any color with a complimentary undertone. I'm a cool olive, so I dye my hair into an ashy blonde with a pretty strong green undertone. Looks better than my natural hair color imo
>>
>>10820448
No problem! I had to find all these old videos again not that long ago too
>>
Anybody know where princess peachie went? Is she okay? I remember her having some chronic illness
>>
>>10820472
She's mostly on twitter these days. Seems like she took a step back from making fashion content because she got a real job, but she's a friend of a friend so I can confirm she's alive
>>
Is there a good way of telling when Antique Beast is open besides checking the page every day?
>>
>>10820560
>>
>>10820457
Thank you
>>
Where is the best place to get cotton Lolita socks besides the second hand market ? I really want to buy more socks, but the socks I want are rarely sold second hand
>>
does anyone know any dyspraxic friendly lolita shoes with a more detailed look? i will literally accidentally kill myself in tea parties or anything with a heel really, i’ve been wearing flat mary janes but it just makes me look lazy
>>
>>10820600
Enchanted Dreamwear on etsy has a lot of OTKs at a reasonable price and I can attest to them being stretchier than brand socks
>>
>>10820644
I dont think you have an option unless you want to wear sneakers lol. Lolita is elegant and isn't for everyone
>>
I got a friend who's into lolita and I wanna get them a gift card. I don't really know anything about where the good places to buy from are. Is there any place you can get a gift card for that sells the good brands?
>>
>>10820666
I understand that obviously, I just feel like plain mary-janes make me look lazy so was looking for other flat options.
>>
>>10820600
If you just need plain lace OTKs, Meta and Baby almost always have some in stock.
>>
>>10820667
Angelic Pretty has a gift card option for their online shop
>>
>>10820644
what issue are you having with tea parties? i'm also dyspraxic and they're probably my easiest lolita shoes. the sole is pretty thin and the heel is basically negligible.
>>
Does anybody know where I can get solid concrit besides here ? I'm at a loss with my coords, but I don't want to ask Reddit and my comm is also not really helping me
>>
>>10820799
Yeah, post here with a sticker over your face and I'd be happy to give any pointers needed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.