[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 19th Birthday 4chan!

File: amuse photo.jpg (500 KB, 1080x1080)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
/cgl/ Idol Spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WtgRe5cjKIR0BYGhw9N8ahxChLqEFLbZIRbAazooh-o/edit?usp=sharing

Original Music Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfmgukQM2isUtJJZz1MY4Jn4zPcbl0wDU

I was waiting for someone to make a new thread, but it wasn't happening so I decided to make one myself. I've never made a thread before, but I want to get the newest info on groups so sorry if it's scuffed.

Starting Topic: Have there been any performances/songs/covers recently that you feel like were of quality?

Featured Group: Amuse
>>
>>10808804
If you want the newest info on groups, you could just follow the groups.
>>
>>10808886
I follow a lot of them, but I know there are probably groups that other people know of that I haven't discovered yet. I also like to hear other people's opinions on new content.
>>
Anyone hear HolMat results yet?
>>
>>10809075
Yeah it looks like a ton of people were rejected.
>>
Resolusica got rejected. Too bad we don’t get to see >our girl on stage again desu
>>
>>10809126
Laughing my ass off get fucked
>>
>>10809127
They’re just idols, nonnie. Calm down or sage your vendetta.
>>
>>10809129
Cope
>>
>>10809131
You seem butthurt
>>
>>10809095
Is there a list of people who didn't get rejected?
>>
>>10809301
Yeah it comes out in a couple months
>>
>>10809075
does anyone know who runs the holmat fest? so many figureheads and talented people got rejected, even people with original music and decent fan bases. i have no idea what the lineup will even be at this rate
>>
>>10809370
Plot twist? Simply existing or having a slightly bigger fanbase doesn't gaurantee you a spot. No one is entitled to one. It's possible there were many spots taken outside of Florida or for some fresh promising acts. We don't need to see the same big groups every year.
>>
Florida comm is up in flames lmao
>>
>>10809075
Nobody I really wanted to see got in. Not sure if it’ll be worth it to go this year if its all cosplayers but we’ll see when the line-up comes out.
>>
>>10809370
iirc the person who runs the holmat fest usually has her group perform in it. Last year they were the first group that went up. They were the love live characters in bellydance outfits

Im assuming soloists or groups that are being quiet about everything are the ones who got in, so here are some guesses as to who from Florida made it

> Citrus Wave
> Quartesque
> Prismic
> Koda
>>
>>10809370
Who knows how many applicants even applied. Just because people are “talented” doesn’t mean they fit all together to make a good show. Why do you think the show runner has a vendetta
>>
>>10809404
>Prismic
>Quartesque

HolMat 10/10
>>
>>10809410
never said anything about a vendetta schizo, was just asking a question to see where their preferences could be and if it was someone different this year.

>>10809385
"plot twist" people running events should be trying to fill seats by getting people that people actually want to see live. that's how most festivals in the real world work. do you think they let people into music festivals to avoid hurting their feefees because too many big names were on the year before?
>>
>>10809404
alexis denied but koda in. stage presence means nothing apparently
>>
>>10809404
Auracle?
>>
>>10809404
That's right. The group is called Majika and the leader was Eli last year and Yoshiko the previous year
>>
>>10809404
Citrus wave didn’t make it in, but the rest I’m fairly certain did
>>
>>10809404
I think that CaRinA might have gotten in as well, they posted about having a “big announcement coming” pretty shortly after the emails went out. So much for getting “fresh talent” when so far everyone out of state seems to have been rejected in favor of more Florida groups
>>
>>10809404
looks like we were wrong about everyone but quartesque, who were clearly gonna be in since they help organize. not really anyone im excited about besides melancholiah
>>
This line up is disappointing.
>>
>>10809685
highkey agree. i might end up not going this year. like i agree they should allow for new acts, but to also completely ignore established and popular groups just makes it uninteresting.
>>
>>10809685
Maybe it's because I haven't been following the community for a while, but 75% of the performers were "literally who"s for me. Just hoping that these new performers will deliver.
>>
>>10809708
>but 75% of the performers were "literally who"s for me.

/thread
>>
>>10809685
of course holmat was used at the example that these kinds of idols are capable of being entertaining and now this year's lineup is mostly nobodies.
>>
>>10809747
Who says nobodies can't be entertaining? Clearly they were considered good enough to beat out big names. I hope there are some hidden gems in here
>>
>>10809772
Only room for 3 original acts though?
>>
>>10809869
Can’t piss off the cosidols or they’ll cancel you
>>
>>10809772
Looks like a couple of Kpop groups were accepted as well
>>
Cyph3r.mpk
Guys. I think I cracked the code.
Mpk: may(purple) koda(yellow) perry(blue)??
>>
>>10809772
There’s plenty of original nobodies that applied that are just as talented as these cosidols and would give a more unique experience.
>>
>>10809898
schizo
>>
>>10809876
Isn't there a Kpop contest? What would be the point of Kpop being in a Jpop-inspired idol fest?

Why do idol events keep accepting Kpop when there are already enough Kpop panels and events.
>>
>>10809915
They even said you would be less likely to be accepted if you wanted to perform Kpop but guess that didn’t matter.
>>
>>10809915
>>10809916
They probably auditioned with j-pop songs or at least Im hoping thats the case desu. Would definitely be mad if they werent.
>>
>>10809904
stop using that word Nyaru

>>10809898
I think this is a good prediction honestly
>>
>>10809898
>May
Does this mean Prismic didn't even apply?
>>
>>10810135
I think prismic bit the dust hard
>>
>>10810164
Maybe they're just too busy for HolMat this year? Not everyone is a teenager who has nothing else but college going on nonnie.
>>
>>10810264
They haven't been active this year since Dream Valentine and even then only three members participated
>>
>>10810441
they performed at a-kon, but Mimi wasn't there. they also didn't sing live, which was disappointing cause other acts did. they just lip synced and did songs they had already put out.
>>
>>1081045
That's right. I forgot about that. I was going by what I saw on their YouTube channel.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.