[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 45 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1659834684741.png (551 KB, 785x662)
551 KB
551 KB PNG
>fat cosplayers trying to cosplay skinny characters
>short cosplayers trying to cosplay tall characters
>skinny cosplayers trying to cosplay buff characters
Which is worst?
>>
Gross to downright repulsive. Of course, when they're fat, almost anything character is thin by comparison. Particularly bad if it's supposed to be someone sexy (Erza who is only ever cosplayed by landwhales, Tifa)
Not something I notice much, unless they're doing something that *only* works with a lanklet build (Lupin, Spike Spiegel)
Super cringe, since this is the vast VAST majority of Jojo cosplay. That might seem obvious except I've only recently noticed how insanely skewed it is towards girls crossplaying.

>Which is worst?
Fat, as with anything else.
>>
>>10808097
if fats are being tongue-in-cheek about it might be funny and lifts exist for short people so
>>
>caring this much
alright, i'll say my piece
>crossplaying men
>>
Fatasses trying to be thin, it looks awful. At least lanklets are funny since it looks like they're cosplaying Duke Nukem when he was in grade 8.
>>
Fay people should die.
>>
>>10808108
Nonny femcel has to make another thread about how much she hates men. Sad!
>>
>>10808097
gotten so used to seeing this doesn't even phase me
no problem unless the character is super tall and lanky
this one is the worst. When it's an undermuscled and very thin skinny person cosplaying a buff character it just looks sad, when it's an undermuscled tubbo-lard cosplaying a buff character it reeks of self delusion.
>>
people who make fun of other people's bodies are never as high on the totem pole as they think they are
you're probably a 4/10 foid at best
>>
>>10808097
Height is out of control. Other 2 are just lazy cosplays, tho getting big (dieting and workout) is harder than losing weight (dieting) so fat is worst
>>
>>10808273
I think the opposite. Getting big requires working out (which I think is fun, is a great way to blow off steam and increases well being) and allows you to eat a lot more than on just a fat loss diet. Eating more is preferable imo.
>>
Hooked up with too many chubby girls at cons to care about this petty shit anymore. It's a hobby, let people enjoy what they want and just silently cringe if it's that bad.
>>
>>10808097
Short can be remedied, tall doesn't bother me as much.

But fat to skinny? Especially when the costume is revealing. Uhh no thanks.
>>
>>10808097
Those three are just trying to have fun. The true worst is
>guy who isn't buff (is just low body fat so his muscles show naturally) but buys a shitty wig and pretends he's cosplaying while walking around shirtless all weekend long because he's desperate for attention
>>
Flat chested girls cosplaying big boobed characters is the worst
>>
>>10812883
I'm 100% flat but I don't want to buy a breast form, it feels like fetish wear so I just stay flat and do the character because I like the outfit
>>
>>10808223
This anon has it, the worst offender is fat people trying to cosplay buff characters. I had a 300lb friend who insisted he was actually strongman buff despite never working out a day in his life because "every day I squat like 300lbs standing up dude, that's more than most gym bros" deluded fuck.
>>
For me it's men crossplaying as a woman.
For somereason I've been seeing it outside of animecons recently too.
>>
>>10808097
Bald man trying to cosplay character with hair.
>>
>>10808097
The worst:
Second worst:

I won't hate on someone who's just short. You aren't in control of your height. The other two are in excusable: stop being fat and lift some weights. You are in control of those things.
>>
im a 5'7" male. who can i cosplay that isnt krillin or a crossdress as a woman.
>>
>>10813105
stewie from family guy
>>
>>10813105
Overwatch is making a comeback and Hanzo is actually 5'7".
>>
>>10813105
every japanese guy ever is 5'7
>>
>>10808097
fat almost always bad
Short depends, but it can be funny
skinny, depends on how buff the char is vs how skinny they are
>>
>>10812883
No, it’s kind of hot. Flat chests have a certain charm and charisma to them.
>>
>>10810191
dam right. Everyone is allowed aesthetic preferences. Everyone else is allowed not to care about your preferences including the cosplayers who just want to cosplay their favourite character regardless of their body type.
>>
>>10808234
I would bet the OP is a short fat femcel
>>
>>10808097
fat trying to cosplay skinny 100%. it's honestly disgusting. there's also the difference between having a moderate costume to cover up the fat as much as possible (which is fine) or flaunting it everywhere. the latter is horrifying.
>>
Fat women trying to do thin sexy characters because they think they're "thicc" is horrible. I also hate fat men putting on a sailor or maid uniform because they think it's "funny". I hate fat people.
>>
wtf everyone hates fat people?
>>
fatsos, especially women
>>
>>10813169
pedophile incel spotted.
>>
>>10808097
>Which is worst?
Ugly people trying to cosplay attractive characters, obviously.
>>
>>10808097
>>fat cosplayers trying to cosplay skinny characters
Yes, but I do like fat female cosplayers in frilly dress outfits. I know, I know... something's wrong with me.
>>
File: 1668155691496.jpg (281 KB, 1600x1064)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
>>
Girls who don't crossplay are the worst
I don't want to see your tits and ass fuck off
Put the binder and suit on now nonny
>>
I feel like if you can recognise the character its ok. That being said, if a character is supposed to have sex appeal and I don't find that fatty sexually attractive then it just ruins the cosplay lol
>>
>>10808097
Chubby girls wearing Japanese sized cosplay is my favorite thing at cons. Like damn it's so fucking hot especially if they have a wide bust or hips.
>>
Non-cosplayers judging every cosplayer they see while being unwilling to do the same. Faggots and cunts the lot of you.
>>
>>10812989
This is even funnier when you consider most gym bros can definitely hit 300. Squatting is like the easiest to get big numbers on
>>
>>10818442
This is the worst. When a cosplayer's wings rest properly on the them due to decent engineering and they even move, the non-cosplayer faggot will be like "Well, you got the wing color wrong by a slight tint". Shut the fuck up, you cunts will cry when you burn yourself with a hot glue gun and never want to touch this hobby again.
>>
>>10818448
Because being morbidly obese is on the same level as a slight discrepancy in a tint.
>>
>>10818594
can you read?
>>
>>10818609
Can you, faggot?
You don't need to cosplay yourself to be able to tell that a lardass shouldn't cosplay a thin character.
>>
>>10818613
anon, do you know what >>10818448 is responding to? learn to read and follow conversations.
>>
>>10815847
yes.
>>
>>10818417
Binders are awfull though
Whenever I wear mine, I get pale AF because I can't breathe.
>>
first one
>>
height doesn’t bother me that much. Idc if you are a Kenshiro, Guts or Vash Stampede that is 5’6” to 5’10”

Ill give skinny cosplayers a pass because most “buff” anime characters have require you too look like Peak season mr olympia which is LOL. Just don’t make yourself look like a walking clothes hanger
>>
>>10818662
What about being more buff than the character you want to cosplay as?
>>
File: picture.jpg (410 KB, 1920x2716)
410 KB
410 KB JPG
>>10818674
I need examples.
I'm biased because i love athletic men . I am not a fan of the body builder look though

Remind me of when people would draw kakashi as ripped in fanart but in the actual series, he is skinny
>>
>>10818678
I want to cosplay Sabine Wren, but I'm a bit short and a bit strong for her.
>>
>>10818615
>dumbfuck retard still fails to see the difference between being too fat for cosplaying aka what this thread is about and slightly messing up a minor detail in a costume aka what this thread isn't about
>>
>>10818768
>Illiterate doubling down
Not them but you're not going to be able to save yourself with this.
>>
>>10818768
learn to read.
>>
>>10818768
>>10818779
>>10818782
This argument has been going in circles repeating the same points from both sides for two days. If you have nothing else to add, please, end it.
>>
>>10818806
it's not an argument. reread >>10818448 and >>10818442. they don't mean us in the thread are cunts, they mean normies.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.