[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 41 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Last thread is auto saging >>10789402

As almost all of the summer look book releases are out, AP will start to churn out their autumn ones. Which prints are you most excited for?
>>
>>10795894
>Which prints are you most excited for?
how would I know? we've only seen one so far
>>
Random question, but does a Kira Imai Cinema Doll postcard illustration exist?
Also is there any source on higher res print postcards?
>>
>>10795894
I just want to know if AP is going to fuck us over with Dream Doll or not.
I don't want another Soap Bubbles fiasco.
>>
>>10795946
The way things are going, probably.
>>
>>10795957
I know. I have a microscopic thread of hope. But they probably decided on the release details months ago, way before even Japanese lolitas were pissed off at the Soap Bubbles rerelease disaster.
Time to scream into the abyss.
>>
Cogimyun when
>>
>>
File: risa1-2.jpg (294 KB, 600x720)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
>>10796034
Pretty much a snoozefest and lot of re-releases
>>
File: rd-77 (2).jpg (248 KB, 600x720)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>10796035
>>
File: sx-113.jpg (174 KB, 600x720)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>10796036
>>
File: 5_pk_1631600999.jpg (75 KB, 500x600)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>10796039
>>
File: wh-111.jpg (115 KB, 600x720)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>10796040
>>
File: 2022秋_lookbook.jpg (379 KB, 595x842)
379 KB
379 KB JPG
New Lookbook this week!
>>
>>10796039
Anyone know if this is the plasticky sturdy material or the peeling faux leather?
>>
>>10796045
The shine is soft, so I'm assuming it's the faux leather that peels
>>
>>10796042
Here's a slightly higher quality picture. I can't tell if it's too taobao for me or not, the mascots are just too cute
>>
>>10796057
Ugly shiny taobao tier trash
>>
>>10796057
I've been waiting for a cute Halloween border print. I'm filled with joy.
>>
>>10796039
Such a cute bag but the risk of it being bad quality is too high..
>>10795917
Sunny Smile Laundry and Photogenic Pallet are 2 upcoming print we've seen. Adding the new Halloween print on the look book too, that's 3.
>>
File: DKFbaNnVAAAPbgK.jpg (119 KB, 800x800)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>10796057 #
>>10796058 #
>>10796062 #

The only good Halloween print released by AP was Halloween Treats. (2017)

https://youtu.be/FUXX55WqYZs
>>
>>10796077
Shame on you for not including Horror Garden.
>>
>>10796091
Cry about it
>>
>>10796039
This material looks matte, I wonder if it's the same as their bow bag or something else?
>>
>>10796057
Taobao
>>
>>10796094
It's a rerelease basically and matte. You can tell in photos when it's the thicker glossy pleated.

But if you buy a bag new and take decent care of it its unlikely to have issues.
>>
>>10796121
Not true at all. If it’s the shitty pleather kind, it’s not a matter of if but when it flakes.
>>
>>10796045
They haven’t used the good material in over 10 years. Assume anything new is the crappy stuff unless the see otherwise.
>>10796121
From what I’ve heard, it has very little to do with how well you take care of it. People had nwt bags that started peeling just because the material sucks. I’ve heard that weather plays into it (I think it peels worse in humidity? Not sure though) but I’ve never kept a bag with the new material long enough to see.

Basically, new AP bags are ticking time bombs. If you don’t care if the bag lasts 2-3 years and then gets trashed, then go for it. If you’re looking for something longer lasting, buy a different brand or the old bags made of the old material.
>>
>>10796045
I had a mid-2000s release of this bag - it was made of that sturdy pleather they used and held up incredibly well, but I wouldn't trust nu-AP to not fuck it up and change the material
>>
i can weigh in on the bag material. the matte bags used to be made out of PU bicast leather, which is traditionally made of split leather(leather scraps) coated in PU, however they changed from using split leather to using polyester for the base, which is cheap and fragile and allows the coating to flake off due to moisture retention and changes in humidity. the shiny bags are made from PVC, which is fully synthetic, doesn't have a separate coating and is breathable due to it's structure, and doesn't flake. so basically AP was fucking us over with poly before most of us knew it.
>>
>>10796122
>>10796124
All pleather is fucked eventually compared to real leather but a few years isn't the worst. And taking care of it includes storing it in a somewhat climate controlled environment and making sure it's not bent or wrinkled which many lolitas do not do at all. NWT purchased secondhand years later is also different than NWT purchased direct from the brand because it's already even aging and degrading sitting there.

If you want an everyday bag that will hold up for a decade with proper care it's probably not a good choice to do the soft pleather and you should just get a custom real leather one commissioned, or go for the glossy glitter pleather ones that are more sturdy. But let's not pretend lolitas are giving their AP pleather bag the same care bag collectors are giving their LVs, Birkins, etc. That plays into it a lot. I personally know I'm not storing my bags properly and as such I'm not going to waste money on brand ones. If I had a special temp or humidity controlled wardrobe and proper shelving and all maybe I would.
>>
>>10796139
Thanks for the extra info nonny. It seems like in general that anything made of a material that is just coated in paint is eventually going to crack and flake right?

Do you have examples of specific bags, maybe ones that are recognizable like Melty Chocolate or other ones made to match prints, that are made of each different material so people can look at photos to spot the difference?
>>
>>10796057
God why does the material look so awful? It wouldn't look Taobao if AP would actually bother using some nice cotton but here we are.
>>
>>10796140
i just explained the differences. the "glossy glitter" "pleather" you're talking about is PVC. pleather is very different PVC.

>>10796142
>It seems like in general that anything made of a material that is just coated in paint is eventually going to crack and flake right?
yes, the PU bags are basically the worst regardless of the leather/poly, the leather ones just last much longer. as far as the difference, it's harder to say, since the PU layer is made to look like leather. it's likely that the age of the bag is a factor, but older bags are still going to be prone to flaking. as for PVC bags, any of the shiny, glossy smooth bags are PVC. the main difference between them is the texture and shininess. i can make a list later on when i get home(i'm at work) of at least the PVC vs PU bags.
>>
>>10796145
>different PVC
different FROM PVC
>>
>>10796039
Man I want this stupid bag. Why does AP ruin everything? I have one of these bags already and I've always wanted to own it in more colors. But I'm not going to spend almost $200 for it to fall apart.

>>10796042
Once again, everything is ruined by polyester.
>>
>>10796140
Lol of course most Lolita’s aren’t treating their plastic bags like they would a bag that costs 10-several hundred times as much. Comparing an AP bag to a Birkin is ridiculous. Most lolitas also don’t have a climate controlled wardrobe… that’s not exactly common. No one expects the same quality as leather, but I don’t think it’s wrong to not expect the color to start flaking off in a couple years on a bag that costs $100+. And I know people who bought bags directly from AP, didn’t use them regularly and they flaked.
The PVC bags do hold up though. I have 15ish year old bags that are in great condition. Ya, you can’t expect to throw it around and trash it and have it look perfect, but if you’re relatively careful they hold up well.
>>
>>10796121
I agree with this. I bought the lemon heart bag new, use it multiple times a week in disgustingly humid weather, and it hasn't flaked or cracked. I store it in a closet with Arm & Hammer moisture absorbing bags. I'm sure it will crack and peel eventually, but I'm happy with the amount of use I've been getting from it.
>>
>>10796153
This. A smaller bag I never used that came with a special set from a few years ago was flaking when I got it to sell. But my older boston bag is holding up fine.
>>
speaking of peeling AP, the handle of a parasol I've had for years peeled recently. I am wondering how to fix it. Ribbon or sewing a cover on? I can ask in sewing thread or the stupid questions thread if needed.
>>
>>10796145
On the PVC, thanks for explaining. I couldn't remember the right name for it.
>>
>>10796159
There’s no way to repair the pleather, but wrapping it in grosgrain ribbon could poribably work
>>
I guess people really are skeptical of the Boston bag - only the red colorway sold out on Paris. The rest have multiples still in stock.
>>
>>10796202
200 euros is starting to be a shit ton of money for a low quality bag.
>>
>>10796202
They would prolly rather get it from the JP store because you get more bang for your buck there. At least for burgers. You pay more shipping but no customs and basically 25% discount built in compared to when the yen is stronger since we're used to it being about ¥100 to $1.
>>
>>10796187
>could probably work
If you have no clue, don’t respond. Ribbon would slide around and get funky over time newfag.
>>
>>10796323
Nta but I assume they mean adhering the ribbon down. Even then though there's grippy tape stuff you could use instead I suppose.
>>
>>10796187
i will see about the ribbon. they also make handle covers like for strollers and such i was looking into. thanks!
>>
>>10796157
How well do the moisture absorbing bags work? Do you have any other brand bags that peel? I live in a pretty humid area (90% on average) and I’m looking for ways to slow peeling
>>
Halloween print is called Happy Treat Cafe
>>
New print from the Autumn catalog- Vintage Toys
>>
More from the catalog
>>
>>10796458
Happy Treat Party, not Cafe
>>
>>10796463
We are both wrong, because the skirt cut seems to be called Happy Treat Party Cafe
>>
Are there any more scans?
>>
>>10796465
The print name is Happy Treat Party. Cafe here refers to the cut of skirt. Same as Ice Cream Parlor, Honey Cake, Ichigo Bread Bakery.
>>
>>10796466
There’s a grey jsk and a full version of the purple OP of happy treat party, that’s all I can access on weibo currently
>>
>>10796474
And the grey jsk is literally just the photo of Risa wearing Lady Tiered, so it’s not new
>>
For the most part, everything else in the look is what we've already seen at the Paris Anniversary Showroom event
>>
>>10796480
This print looks so much brighter here than at the Paris event
>>
>>10796323
I’ve used ribbon to wrap different items before, if you do it carefully and attach it right, it’s actually pretty durable. Calm your tits newfag.
>>
>>10796480
*lookbook
>>
>>10796484
>>
>>10796486
>>
>>10796480
>>10796484
Wasted potential of a print
>>
>>10796488
>>
>>10796480
Everything shown is straight garbage. Looks like I’ll be saving money this autumn, thanks AP.
>>
>>10796459
The skirt/hoodie combo on the right is so cute

>>10796484
I was skeptical of this print but the lavender is nice. I just wish the cuts were cuter, I fucking hate that DBR OP cut and that style of salopette.
>>
File: bk_1659516298.jpg (184 KB, 1131x720)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>10796039
Excuse the grainy as fuck photo. But has anyone else noticed the absolute state of the black bag in the stock photo? The shitty pleather is rippling already!? How they actually think this is acceptable to put out, its a joke at this point.
>>
>>10796494
this looks awful. it looks like nu-moitie.
>>
>>10796458
I thought the matching blouse would've been much better. (And you can barely see how those wristcuffs are supposed to look)

Most of the blouses out of this lookbook are really boring. At least I'll be saving cash for the next few months.
>>
>>10796557
are they separate wrist cuffs? i can't tell.
>>
>>10796557
this is originally what wrist cuffs were designed for

again, classic newfags on 4chan bandwagoning with little understanding or background on the fashion. i love how much newfags have poisoned the well with lack of fucking research.
>>
>>10796560
It's listed as Happy Treat Wristcuffs for both the JSK and Cafe skirt

It's really confusing since they're placed over a long sleeved blouse
>>
>>10796562
Was I talking about the purpose of wristcuffs?

Or how you can barely seem them in these images?
>>
>>10796557
I don’t think those are separate wrist cuffs, it looks like attached lace at the end of the sleeve. But I also can’t read moo ruins so it might list them on the side, idk. The lace on the left side looks like it’s flaring out way more than wristcuffs do but AP has also been releasing weird shit so who knows.
>>10796520
Yikes, that’s pretty bad. It looks like the material is even thinner than before if it won’t even sit smoothly in a staged photo. I wonder if this will sell out or people will be put off by the bad stock photos.
>>
>>10796569
I'm not sure why you think arguing is going to save your idiocy and ignorance, newfag.
you just look even more newfaggy by arguing
>>
Where is dream doll?
>>
>>10796575
Nowhere

It'll probably show up in one of the upcoming Spoon volumes
>>
>>10796448
They work fairly well. It could be luck, or the bags I own might be a little different from those known to peel horribly. I own a couple of the lady heart quilted bags that are in near-perfect shape and the newer present ribbon bags. All of which are softer synthetic leather material.
>>
File: Wowitstilllooksbad.jpg (719 KB, 955x1334)
719 KB
719 KB JPG
More bonnet fails.

>posting in particular how "gorgeous" the bonnet is
>the bonnet is half folded backwards to keep it from flopping over

Also I'm seeing so many pictures where people aren't taking 5 seconds to fluff up the pom poms so they don't look like flat, hairy pancakes. I got my JSK in the mail yesterday and the pom poms look a lot better if you actually squish them back into shape. I have so much secondhand embarrassment when people don't do the absolute minimum to look presentable before rushing to put on their ~brand new~ dress.
Okay rant over.
>>
>>10796592
this girl is just a cringefest in general
>>
>>10796591
all of those bags are PVC, anon.
>>
>>10796617
Lady Heart definitely isn't, and only parts of Present Ribbon bags are PVC.
>>
>>10796144
Looks like chiffon. The chiffon AP normally uses for its prints is actually pretty good. Way better than whatever you may find on Tao.
>>
>>10796647
what? chiffon is sheer. that heavy opaque polyester obviously isn't chiffon
>>
File: 20220806_173019.jpg (282 KB, 1445x1445)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>10796647
The way it drapes looks like it's the same material as Happy Garland (grosgrain)
>>10796057
>>
>>10796486
I see AP ordered more of those giant pompoms than they needed for Nakayoshi Bunny
>>
When is the Milky Planet MTO happening?
>>
>>10796801
This was never mentioned
>>
>>10796801
Never
>>
>>10796801

Bad news for people that hate good news, and here's why!!

The next lined up is Cherry Berry Bunny !!!
(Kc, heart-jsk, otk)
follow by the return of Colorful Ribbon with new additional colorways! (Mint and yellow) this re-release includes the headbow and wrist cuffs as well

New items complimenting this set:
Colorfully Ribbon Otks!
and last of all, a special edition parasol for Colorful Ribbon with all it's colorways

WE LOVE YOU ANGELIC PRETTY OMG OMG
FR FR
:^]

[^:

"LAYMAO"
>>
For real tho I would kill for a rerelease of colorful ribbon
>>
>>10796057
I really hate this design. I think the border itself is not amazing but still cute, but the rest of the dress is soooo lazy!! Those huge polka dots just look like something to take up space, it doesn't add to the print at all. Wish they would have put more effort into the rest of the dress design. The border could even use more work, feels like there is more empty space in this border than most border prints. Such a shame because I'm a slut for lavender and spooky shit, but they fucked this one up. But I guess that means I can just save up and not have to deal with the bloodblath I'm sure that release will be.
>>
>>10796484
this is cute and makes me wish I were 5'0". Risa is 5'3" and the skirt already is bordering on too short on her. I'm screwed at 5'6", the jsk and OP look short too.
>>
>>10796600
She follows and replies to ddlg creeps on her Insta too. She’s creepy.
>>
>>10796035
hoverloli
>>
>>10796461
I like the left one a lot, not the best coord for it probs, but I like it a lot
>>
>>10796652
just wait and you'll see
>>
>>10797131
it's not chiffon you retard.
>>
>>10796486
What a design mess. It's tragic since the fabric and lace actually look nice, too. What were they thinking??
>>
>>10797017
Agree. This is one of the few halloween prints I'm passing on and I buy almost all of them.

AP has lost their spunk for prints

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.