[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 11 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

Haven't had one of these in a while now, have we?
>>
lets get some questions going

what's your most worn main piece?
what's your least favorite aspect of old school?
raschel vs cotton lace?
how long have you been wearing old schoo?
>>
>>10795382
Where are all the posters at? I'll start and dump some images afterwards

>what's your most worn main piece?
Picrel, since I wear it both as an OP and a coat. It's so sturdy and comfy!
>what's your least favorite aspect of old school?
Definitely the sizing. Japanese women used to be more petite and brands less size-inclusive, so you often see 58cm waist skirts and 78cm bust OPs that would only fit a small percentage of short and slender women. Also, how popular it's gotten in recent years - the old school boom definitely affected the prices. On the other hand, there's more fresh content, new old school inspired releases, and older pieces circulating on the second hand market.
>raschel vs cotton lace?
That's like asking who my favorite child is. I love both, but I'll say cotton just because I still can't get over how Meta's cross raschel lace feels against the skin. Protip - avoid it like the plague if you have sensory issues.
>how long have you been wearing old school?
Going on 5 years now, I've never worn anything outside of old school.
>>
File: fattychan 2007.png (699 KB, 447x618)
699 KB
699 KB PNG
What happened to this girl, Caroline, from the Oregon community? She posted a lot on EGL livejournal back around 2007. She was one of the original "fatty-chan"s and I have been curious what happened to her after Livejournal.
>>
>>10796897
the good old days when this was considered abnormal. now 200 lb whales are running amok and everyone just accepts it
>>
>>10795382
A meta gobelin JSK
Also have to say echo another anon in saying sizing. I'm already underweight and very slim, yet I still struggle to fit into some of my garments comfortably. I would probably have to be downright skeletal to achieve a comfortable fit. At first I was surprised this sizing was ever common, especially because the girls look quite average-sized in old-school snaps. I realize now that even a couple inches height difference plays a huge role in fit.
>raschel vs cotton lace?
It really just depends on how it's used.
Pretty much since I started wearing lolita. It took me a while to warm up to the aesthetic, but now it's my absolute favorite. So much of the appeal hinges on quality, which in lacking in too many brands these days. A bonus is that it's also generally most far-removed style from the comprehension of normies and tik-tok itas.
>>
Presenting irrefutable proof that lolitas are instinctively drawn to trees. Treelitas are real.
>>
File: DSCF6004 (2).jpg (777 KB, 1600x1200)
777 KB
777 KB JPG
>>10796921
>>
>>10796922
>>
>>10796923
>>
>>10796925
>>
File: 06.jpg (132 KB, 480x360)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>10796927
>>
>>10796928
>>
>>10796929
>>
>>10796930
>>
>>10796931
>>
File: 043-1.jpg (191 KB, 450x600)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>10796932
>>
>>10796933
>>
>>10796934
>>
>>10796935
>>
File: 34635187345_579540061e_o.jpg (523 KB, 1404x2044)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
>>10796936
Presentation over, hopefully this was an eye-opening experience for some.
I'll be back with more oddly specific image dumps, if someone does enjoy this. I'd also like to request some coords with maxi/tea length skirts.
>>
>>10796938
this makes it look like trees are recharging stations for old school lolitas.
>>
>>10796935
that shiro coord on a dirty tree branch? i'd be worried about walking around with a big dirty patch on my ass for the rest of the day
>>
File: NEOAPP-41560.jpg (13 KB, 300x300)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
Anyone buy this skirt (or others) from MAM, or have any better pictures of it? How's the quality compared to oldschool BABY or Meta?
>>
>>10796977
she's probably sitting on a cloth. it's common to do that when doing outdoor fashion shoots.
>>
>>10795382
My least favorite aspect of old school is everyone getting into it lol
This is a "who's gonna grab the oldest piece ?" battle
>>
>>10795382
Sailor OP by meta, not because it's my favorite but because it's by far the easiest and most comfortable to wear (especially in weather like this)
Thirding sizing and how hard it can be to find lately! Seems like due to the popularity a lot of it almost always gets snatched up, I have pretty good luck getting old school innocent world though (which tends to have a wider range in terms of size anyway)
raschel vs cotton lace?
Both are nice but I like cotton lace best!
Shortly after I got into lolita (started with moitie pieces), so around 2 years now?
>>
File: meta sailor OP.jpg (17 KB, 340x440)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>10796989
Dropped pic
>>
>>10795382

karami jsk, it's perfect for the hot weather where I live and so comfy. Biscuit print sleeveless OP is a close second
definitely how brutal the secondhand market is, I specifically want that one japanese scalper who posts everything on fril marked up to go away
>raschel vs cotton lace?
Cotton lace 100%
only about a year! It's the only lolita syle I've ever worn too
>>
Why did Demonia do this to us? I just want to buy a replacement for my bubble toe clown shoes
>>
>>10797384
What happened to your old pair nonny? Is it anything fixable?
>>
>>10796984
I had this skirt in black x white and wasnt a fan. It's not bad quality, but it has too new of a feel to work for old school imo.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.