[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 67 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: dc.jpg (9 KB, 318x159)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Covid policy updates
https://www.dragoncon.org/updates/
Badge cap and mask required but no vac card requirement like last year. Also they will not sell any badges at the con to keep the numbers down.

Hope y'all got your hotels.
>>
>>10794444
really disappointed masks are here again, it's gonna ruin some of my cosplays just like last year
>>
I took a quick look on twitter, and the virtue signaling crew on there is responding to the lack of a vax requirement in the expected manner.
These fucking dentheads need to realize that checking cards/test results just bottlenecks things, and results in being in close confines with people for extended periods of time, which is exactly what we're supposed to try to avoid during the pandemic.
>>
>>10794539
It's almost as though you could find another solution for processing cards/results rather than throwing out the requirement altogether. Thanks for being part of the problem to own the libs or whatever the point is two years into this shit.
>>
>>10794461
Don't comply, the hotels themselves are not going to enforce it. You could get away with not wearing a mask the whole time if you just stay in the common areas throughout the hotel.
>>
>>10794613
Any quick solutions just make it easier for people to lie about being vaccinated.
>>
Lol I love how these cons always wait till the last minute to say their mask rules. That way they can get as much money as possible before people can refund them or their rooms. Scummy shit.
>>
Just put on the mask for 30 seconds when the wagie drone comes around and asks you to, then take it off once they leave. Its really thats simple
>>
>>10795920
How about I just not wear it and make them seethe while drinking tequila in their fat faces cause I'll be in the hotel
>>
>>10795921
Right but I actually want to see the whole con
>>
>>10795920
>wagie drone
Convention center staff cannot enforce/will not enforce masks because they're under no obligation to even wear them. The ones throwing a fit (99.99% chance of being a lardass landwhale) aren't getting one cent, nor do they deserve to.
>>
>>10795910
>refund
Nigga just do a chargeback
>>
Host hotels do a lot of scummy shit when it comes to getting rooms. Marriott was charging extra for folks that wanted to stay on a lower floor. Hilton and Hyatt lock people out from even getting a room due to legacy systems of rolling over rooms for next year and people rarely give up those legacy rooms.
>>
>>10795926
I went last year. Saw some people not wearing a mask. Literally nobody cares. No one enforces the mask mandate at any of the cons I've been to. (The vaccine mandate on the other hand was pretty strict at MAGfest this year.)

I'm vaccinated & boosted. Do I give a shit if you want to go maskless? No. Will I still wear one because I crossplay & grow a five o'clock shadow by noon? Yeah.
>>
>>10796211
I got unlucky last year with a lardass volunteer bitching at me about my mask. Sat down with a friend on one if of the Hyatt lower floors near the bathroom. Took my mask off for a sip of water, but paused to say something. Water bottle inches from my face as I'm talking, bitch comes out of nowhere to tell me to put my mask on. I told her I was having water, took my sip, and complied. She stood nearby us and glared at us until our other friend came out of the bathroom and we left.
It was so stupid.
>>
>>10796472
>I told her I was having water, took my sip, and complied. She stood nearby us and glared at us until our other friend came out of the bathroom and we left.
>It was so stupid.
Seriously do these staff have a life?
>>
post your room number/hotel/an hour+day here and I will visit you
if you dont have a room just pick one to meet
be on time
>>
>>10794461
Dude just don't comply, you might get asked to wear one occasionally. But I literally walked around with a drink in my hand last year and no one gave a fuck.

Only time you might need to wear one is when you're entering a panel or in a line near the door. I didn't wear one in the dances for a second. Also as people get drunker and it becomes night they totally give up enforcing it.
>>
>>10796211
fuck MAGfest
>>
>>10797472
Your loss buddy
>>
Nobody really cares, by the time 7 or 8 roles around and the parties start everyone will be drinking. Last year at the pulse NOBODY wore a mask and they were up there twerking and dancing. The only time you might really need a mask is waiting in line for a panel otherwise just go have fun.
>>
Guys are kinda overreacting about the whole mask policy. It seemed pretty lax last year and the badge cap made it one of the better Dcons I've been to in a while. No crazy lines and I got to get bounce around from hotel to hotel with minimal effort. I can't imagine anyone being harassed by staff unless you're going out of your way to be a dipshit. As the other anon said come night time people are partying and no one really gives a fuck.
>>
So any advice for hooking up? I'm not talking about the ability to hookup. Mostly what is the culture like when it comes to that considering how much partying dragoncon is. I suspect eventually Im going to get hit on by women. Is it ren fest rules where people just get together and go off?
>>
App udpated.
>>
>>10798929
If you're asking strangers on 4chan, then hooking up really isn't something you need to worry about it.
>>
>>10798929
> I suspect eventually Im going to get hit on by women

I highly doubt it, chief.
>>
>>10795910
>wanting to get a refund because muh face mask

how stupid are you?
>>
>>10800671
>>wanting to get a refund because muh face mask
Yes.
>>
>>10796472

That is what the situation looked like to you.
We all know shit people will literally hold a bottle near by as an excuse to go maskless as much as they can.

Staff: Put on your mask
Asshats: But I have this soda bottle I have been nursing for 4 hours so you can't say anything to me. Cause I have low blood sugar and blah blah excuse. You need to get a life, I have rights.
>>
Glad I didn't buy tickets to this. It was voluntary at Megacon, just as it should be, since the masks don't work anyway and never have. It is a placebo. The virus goes right through every cloth mask, and n95s are only as effective as the person wearing one. If you touch it, or get it wet, take it off to eat and put it on a surface somewhere, it's worthless. What does work is washing your hands frequently and not touching your face.
>>
>>10801264
No one is going to be wearing them there. It's just for PR. Last year was like that.
>>
They're using "mask requirements" to filter out the karen and kyle complainers that would annoy the staff from showing up. And it's working as intended.
>>
This is the 2nd year in a row that the dedicated Dragon con thread is shat up with literal babies bitching over rules involving mask.
>>
What's the best day to wear your cosplay? I'm not new to dragoncon but I've never dressed up for it.
>>
>>10801378
Don't have the problems in the official Dragon Con discord. At least they actually talk about the con instead of inane bullshit.
>>
>tfw I have Dragoncon as a great dream to attend as I am from a third world country with a still immature cosplay culture and i'd love to get shitfaced and fuck and get fucked by cosplayers like me

fucc
>>
>>10801386
Saturday is usually the busiest day, so I'd you've only got one costume then I'd say wear it that day. If you wanna wear it Thursday to Monday please shower, wear lots of deodorant, and fabreeze the hell out of it your costume.
>>
>>10801386
Friday and Saturday are the big days for dressing up, it's fine to wear the same stuff for both days
>>
Hotel rooms are actually available at the Marriott and Westin. Gotta pay it all up front though.
>>
what's with all the hotel rooms opening up. people cancelling?
>>
>>10801921
This always happens. People are also finding out they cant afford the $1500 room costs.
>>
>Have hotel booked about a mile from the con
>New host rooms open up
>Unable to cancel current booking
I'm not happy at all, seagulls
>>
>>10801992
>>10801921
>>10801403

I have the money to get my own room but I dont know if I wanna drop 2K bucks for 4 days in Atlanta.
>>
>>10802207
Do it
>>
>>10802241
dont tell me. I'll end up getting it and making it my party/ bang room.
>>
File: file.png (4 KB, 385x86)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>10802241
>>10802427
I can so do it...
>>
>>10802207
Wait, 2 grand? My total was $1420 after tax for a double room at the marriott
>>
>>10802469
I kept hearing 2K is the norm, but I think thats either a lie or people are staying longer than the usual 4 days.
>>
>>10794444
>hope y'all got your hotels.
So for us plebs that aren't going this year and won't be able to book at checkout, what is the earliest date we can try for the marriot for 2023?
>>
>>10803171

Marriott doesn't do legacy or booking-at-checkout. It's open hunger games each year, typically first or second week of October.
>>
>>10803175
The Westin usually opens up rooms a fewdays after the con. Sheraton will do the same with the catch that you prepay the entire stay for next year up front. Harsh as fuck but it hard filters room scalpers.
>>
I have a choice between staying at the Hyatt or Hilton with my hotel points. Which would be the better choice to stay in?
>>
>>10803227
I personally prefer the Hilton.
>>
>>10803227
Are you able to get con rate with the hilton? I've heard that only legacy holders get con rate and the rest suffer paying a ridiculous rate
>>
>>10803227

If you qualify for 5th night free on redemptions, do the Hilton -- it should be a better deal.
>>
>>10801386
Aside from the replies already sent to you, also consider that there are meetups as well for themed cosplays (marvel/dc/got). They're not all officially pointed out though so sometimes you need to search on social media to find out when a certain theme is happening. It's a great way to connect with people doing the same type as you, and potentially get together for smaller group photos.

>t. going to the DC meetup/shoot on Sunday
>>
>>10797472
This. Fuck Magfest indeed.
>>
bonecracking#4795
>>
Is there a night all the girl's standards go down? I want to cuddle someone this year what night is most horny?
>>
File: 2022-09-01 (2).png (83 KB, 1001x830)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>10803227
>>10803409
>>10803513
>>10803537
Update: I lucked the fuck out and got the Hyatt Place downtown for pic rel
>>
>>10803175
>>10803214
Cool thanks.
>>
>>10794444
I’m pretty new, is it cool to enter a contest if very little is handmade? I’m going as Big Boss and only really cut out the bandana/putting on some face paint. The outfit isn’t a store bought costume or anything, I selected fatigues and pouches and accessories and such separately by hand. Is that cool for the amateur level one?
>>
Any other friendless Anons wanna meet up?
>>
>>10804197
add me TM#3767
tmcontact930 @ gmail . com
>>
>>10794444
>mask required

Hahaha
how about nah
>>
>>10804288
They aren't enforcing masks here. The ONLY time I had to mask up was at prereg and after that no fucks were given.
>>
Are you guys just walking the vendor halls?
>>
what has society become when this is an actual panel
>>
>>10804431
I'm a nervous wreck so I'm going to that shit thanks for posting
>>
What are the odds of someone pointing out I wore my costume 2 days in a row? I can just spray the fuck out of it right?
>>
>>10804431
How long into the panel did they end up talking about racism and climate change?
>>
>>10804288
>>10804385
Only seen masks required for meeting with celebs and the raves but everyone removes it as soon as they get in
>>
>>10804525
No one's gonna care. Just do some cleaning and shower and no one will notice.
>>
Secret rave is tonight right?
>>
>>10804603
Where's it at?
>>
>>10804603
What is the secret rave? I'm stupid, please help.
>>
>>10804657
It’s in room 408 at the hilton.
>>
>>10804525
Its assumed smelly status in the place. I can't smell for shit but can see the sweating and near 90 degree weather isn't helping.
>>
>>10794444
I didn’t get to take a picture of two cosplayers and I only had a one day pass. Are there any general links to look for online for individual photoshoots instead of the parade or group picture?
>>
>>10804394
Thats the only thing I do at cons to be honest
>>
>>10804689
Some group photoshoots have instagram or facebook pages where they post. I know Southeast Eva has one, don't know any others.
>>
> Trannies use my cosplay as some kind of validation thinking we are the same
I am a dude in a dress. I'm not trans. I really don't like these faggots projecting onto me
>>
>>10804718
Thought I was the only one experiencing this. They make me so uncomfortable.
>>
>>10804720
I got called 'transtastic' today and even the ones that don't have the courage to talk to me just leer at me for really weird amounts of time. It's really offputting and I'm glad I'm only doing this for one day.
>>
>>10794444
Kinda bummed all the cool cosplays had to have masks on the characters. Thats what I look forward to the most every year. I wonder if that bothered most of them or if the cosplayers just choose a different costume like the clone trooper with marriot carpet patterns that doesn’t show his face.
I didn’t go last year because the previous year before that got cancelled and they sent me the badge in the mail.
>>
>>10804718
>>10804720
>>10804722
>commit ABOMINATION such as murder and usury
>concerned you are numbered among beasts
A woman shall not wear man’s clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman’s clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.
>>
Buddhism will enlighten you, bros
>>
>>10794461
Waaaah

Grow up you babies.
>>
>>10804751
Neck yourself
>>
>>10804661
When
>>
Are convention threads always this fucking lame?
>>
Anyone still out? I want more booze but everything's closed. That or I'm retarded.
>>
>>10804772
most people have moved away from cgl so, yes, they are lame nowadays
>>
>>10804772
Vast majority of con discussions have migrated to discord, facebook and reddit.
>>
>>10804818
Reddit? Really??
Are there some general cosplay subreddits worth checking out or something?
I've looked at numerous convention specific subreddits in the past, and every single one of them was a virtual ghost town. Even ones for major conventions.
>>
How do I make cosplayer friends?
>>
>>10804949
Be cosplaying too
>>
>>10804956
I can't do that.
>>
>>10794444
Does MomoCon have any good vendor halls or cosplay? Does it require masks?
>>
Dragoncon was fun af. Definitely going again next year.
>>
>>10804385
>>10804577
They required it for getting into certain panels, and they would not let you into the raves/ dances without one. I got turned away from a lot of the fun events because they said you couldnt go in without a mask.
>>
>>10805032
Why not?
>>
>WAAAAHHHHHH I DON'T WANNA WEAR MASKS
you're the reason why we're still in the thick of it. we are in a worldwide pandemic you fucking morons. cases are exponentially increasing and people are dropping dead rapidly. this shit is not over and it will not be for a VERY LONG TIME and until you get the fuck over yourself, develop some basic compassion for the rest of the population, and put on a mask for a couple hours, you're going to be postponing that end by years, maybe even decades. of course, you won't do that, which is why we're going to be wearing masks in 2030. if your precious cosplay being """"ruined"""" by a mask is more important than a life-threatening virus, then you deserve the incoming lockdowns. I seriously hate every single one of you. You ruined cosplay.
>>
>>10805280
Kindly die in a fire.
>>
>>10805280
Fuck off.Everyone that wanted to vaccinate has had the opportunity. The time is passed to try and mandate the virus away, let people live thwie lives without havibg to wear a piece of cloth on their face.
>>
File: Fuck off.jpg (41 KB, 396x382)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>10805280
>>
>>10805280
Didn't even read past the greentext. Most of the people were crowding the hotels dancing and drinking and having fun. I know you mask cucks are too fat to do that yourself but the rest of us human will keep enjoying life.
>>
>>10805230
You put on the mask, walk in, and take it off. That's what I did this whole weekend.

The only time I wore a mask at the con was the 30 second window of putting it on in front of the person in front of the room, and then taking it off as soon as we walked in.

No problems at all this year about masks. Half the damn volunteers weren't wearing one funnily enough. I have no idea why they even made this rule. Like 90% of the people I saw at the con weren't wearing masks, everyone was doing the silly put it on to walk into a panel/dance and then take it off.

>>10804772
I only check threads before/after a con. Sometimes during but I'm too much in the thick of the con chaos to check threads vs something like discord.
>>
>>10805333
>You put on the mask, walk in, and take it off. That's what I did this whole weekend.
Kinda hard to do that when you have a complicated cosplay with head pieces. Mask is tough to put onto it. Unfortunately the staff that were policing it were nazis as fuck about it so I could never go in and enjoy any of the cool music or panels I wanted in my cosplay cause they were being dicks regardless. And as for panels, they were strict inside many of them so you couldnt sit there and remove it either. I walked into one panel and sat down then one of the old lady panels came up to me saying I need to put on a mask. I just walked out after telling them I don't have one since they wouldn't let me sit in without one.

Fuck mask nazis.
>>
>complaining about masks still
just put one on where they're gonna egg you about it and then take it off where they won't, huge chunks of the con were open with people not wearing masks and not giving a fuck with the literal bare minimum being "carry one on you in case of a volunteer complaining," how is this hard
>>
>>10805413
>just bend your ass over and take it

Not all of us are gay.
>>
>>10805413
People will complain until it stops. Get used to it faggot
>>
>>10805413
>huge chunks of the con were open with people not wearing masks and not giving a fuck
If that's how it's going to be, it sure would make a lot more sense just to not have a mask requirement altogether. Why are people so clueless that they don't understand this?
Saying there will be a mask requirement, and doing very little to enforce it just pisses both groups of people (those who want everyone to wear masks, and those that don't want to wear one) off.
Con organizers need to pick one side or another and stop with this virtue signaling for the sake of virtue signaling crap.
>>
>>10805409

I'm glad they caught you.
Maybe next time choose a cosplay that can wear a mask. Or make a mask that works.

Or stay TF home since you care so very little about anyone else but your comfort.
>>
>>10805557
I normally dont say this but I really wish I could punch you. People like you are insufferable and pathetic.
>>
File: 1f6.jpg (45 KB, 600x600)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>10805557
>

>>10805561
Based.
>>
>>10805557
Kill yourself.
>>
What's volunteering for the con like? Is it fun or just people forming cliques like the TechOps group?
>>
There was a lady on the corner by the Hyatt selling adult capri suns with moonshine in it and they were god tier. She did warn me to only drink it in my room. Those drinks were refreshing but put me on my ass.
>>
>>10805561
You normally think it so that's par the course of your genuine disregard for anyone but your fee fees.

Sorry you weren't raised right and that your teachers couldn't do anything with you either.

That kinda sucks.
>>
File: covid.webm (2.78 MB, 640x352)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB WEBM
>wearing a mask
Bruh I'm from commiefornia and even LA county health orders are only for mega-events and transportation
Even then, the airport, courthouse, and con center back home give no fucks
If you're nigger babbling about the plague cult, realize that you're literally more delusional and submissive than californian government workers
Catch a bullet and get dead out there
>>
Fuck the autistic mask talk! How was the con?
>>
why are people still talking about mask... post some pictures, I didn't get to go this year
>>
File: 8657626745.jpg (88 KB, 496x862)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>10805684
I mean, I had fun. AmericasMart was back to being insanely crowded as opposed to the year before which I hated. Lots of good costumes and fun shit at the Hilton. On that note something must have happened because as of last year they no longer have DJs playing music till 1am. They pretty much pack up at 9pm.
>>
>>10805688
>On that note something must have happened because as of last year they no longer have DJs playing music till 1am. They pretty much pack up at 9pm.

They opened those Hilton lofts right next door, so now they've got actual residents to worry about complaining.
>>
>>10805688
what? there's always something going on right up to the secret rave, if not just wander around talking to people in the marriot until it starts.
>>
>>10805763
>intentionally living downtown

not my problem
>>
>>10806631
Clearly it is, if you're trying to party on the patio

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.