[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 15 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: FVcnXHXaQAI9F3_.jpg (425 KB, 1500x1000)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
What's the biggest crowd you've ever drawn at a con for one of your cosplays?
>>
>>10775121
No crowd but the most was two people back to back asking for a picture when the first was done.
>>
>>10775146
Same, but also one particular time where I was doing a group cosplay with some friends and some guy wanted our autographs but in character? Weird experience.
>>
>>10775121
Dozens of people stopping to take a photo and the stream never ended. I had to just move on. There were times when a normally 10-min walk from one end of the convention center to the other took 30 minutes and I had to run and reject photo requests for the last 1/3 of the way.
>>
>>10775211
What did you go as?
>>
I did a Dr Stone group and we basically couldn’t even walk without being stopped for pictures. When we stopped other people would come and start taking pics too and we’d have like a whole little crowd taking pics all at once. What I noticed is usually if you do matching group cosplays you get way more pictures taken, it looks cool i guess to see characters all together.
>>
>>10775121
Wardrobe malfunction or not?
>>
>>
>>
Back when tumblr tv heads were the hit thing when I was like 15 me and 3 friends did a group of them and at some point during the con got a crowd of about 30 people taking pictures
>>
Did a meme cosplay and people just kept running up to me for photos. Unfortunately way more than any actual cosplay I've done, but I guess memes are more universally recognised than fans from series.
>>
We did a Star Trek : TNG group a few years ago. We were stuck there a good 20 minutes. Don’t get me wrong, it was cool. But so many other cosplayers went by I couldn’t get a picture of because I was stuck there.
>>
>>10775121
since me and a friend have some martial arts training with swords, we did a lightsaber battle that drew in a pretty decent sized crowd.
we werent really dressed in anything special though. he had a mandalorian armor on and i just had jedi robes.
>>
>>10775241
It was just Sword Art Online and it wasn't even revealing or Asuna.
>>
>>10777718
As who tho? Most SAO cosplayers I see go pretty unnoticed.
>>
As a skinny guy I learned astolfo cosplay gets you uncomfortable amounts of attention
Would not recommend unless you like being harassed more than the girls who are half naked lol
>>
>>10775375
This girl probably feels both like a deer being stared down by a bear but also the sexiest woman alive.
>>
>>10777971
>unless you like being harassed more than the girls who are half naked lol
haha joke's on you, I'm into that shit
>>
>>10778070
Then do an astolfo cosplay. I warn you, if your face isn't perfectly epilated and androgynous looking you won't get any attention, I see other astolfo cosplayers and most get ignored because they're too manly looking.
>>
>>10777971
I was a bulky astolfo back thenand even that got me attention, plus some guy befriended me and let me mooch off a hotel in london for the summer con.

Later learned he was gay cause he subtletly implied it to hang out, he was nice enough not to make any moves tho.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.