[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 37 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: 5ltttuufp4w51.jpg (93 KB, 640x640)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
No prior experience in cosplay. No money. What are some good characters to cosplay?
>>
L from Death Note used to be a popular lazy cosplay
>>
Probably one of those MHA/BnHA school uniforms
>>
>>10767436
Solid Snake

in a box
>>
>>10767436
anon, there is almost no point cosplaying stuff that doesn't even resemble cosplaying.

Probably mass produced shit from hero academia, I wouldn't cosplay that unless you're an underage fag though.
>>
>>10770544
It works if you go with friends who have more recognizable cosplays.
>>
>>10770550
this guy isn't gonna find 2 hot chicks to be his rei/asuka.
>>
>>10767436
L

Just remember to not shower and grab your mom's eyeliner
>>
>>10770553
Just get some average looking ladies. Or even get some people to cross dress.
>>
File: 1630445088438.png (1.14 MB, 1056x1076)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>
>>10770553
Right, because you only need one hot chick.
>>
>>10775703
ya, rei
>>
Cody from Final Fight.
White shirt
Jeans
White sneakers
Belt
Make sure it fits, don’t make my mistake.
>>
>>10770553
I'll be his kaworu if he asks nicely
>>
File: Codyart.jpg (2.6 MB, 1500x2122)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB JPG
>>10777432
Along with a yellow wig, fingerless blue gloves, a rubber knife, and pack on at least 75 lb of muscle. But most people know him in his prison jump suit look more.
>>
File: 20220531_173130.jpg (73 KB, 600x800)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
Android 18 in her tracksuit and by extension Miyako Hoshino since they basically have the same outfit you could cosplay both with two wigs
>>
>>10777472
They’re fist wraps. He asked for simple. I think jeans a a shirt will be easier then a prison suite from 1910.
>>
Literally John Wick. Get yourself an airsoft pistol, suit and tie, there you go.
>>
File: dr Manhatten.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
>shave head
>paint yourself blue
>walk around with your dick out
Doctor Manhattan.
>>
>>10771455
SOUL
>>
>>10770542
Better
Raiden when he escapes from torture/prison
You only need a wig
>>
>>10770553
I think Shinji is pretty recognizable, he's one of the few characters iconic enough despite the costume being made of normal clothes, and it's not really an outfit the typical congoer would wear outside of cosplay. Why you'd *want* to go around as a solo Shinji is another story though, not exactly a character I'd want people associating me with.
>>
>>10770553
Nobody ever does. Any hot chicks cosplaying either Rei or Asuka will be massive hoes and too busy lusting over shirtless muscular chads than wasting their time hanging around a skinny dude dressed as Shinji, more so for Asuka than for Rei actually. Seriously, I've never met a single hot Asuka cosplayer that wasn't a massive turbo-thot.
>>
>>10784557
Damn, now you've got me thinking about screwing some dumb little Asuka thot's brains out and I'm gonna have to fap to make this boner go away.
>>
>>10784562
No, you take that boner and channel it into energy, go to a con, find an Asuka cosplayer and fuck her into a coma.
>>
>>10784563
Wish I could, but AX just ended and the next cons aren't for a while. Besides, I'm not one of those chads they hook up with, and the hot Asukas are too young for me anyway.
>>
>>10784590
>and the hot Asukas are too young for me anyway.
Most of them are in their early 20s, maybe you can be their sugar daddy.
>>
>>10784595
Judging by the way girls that age have started acting toward me I think some of them are thinking the same thing, but I don't have that kind of sugar and the flipside of being able to attract the sort of young woman that goes after older guys is being old enough to know better.
>>
For real tho I would love to date a girl who likes cosplaying as Asuka but unfortunately all the pretty ones come with all sort of nasty baggage and they aren't the kind of girls you'd want in a long term relationship anyways.
>>
>>10784598
Yeah, pretty much. I think it's just that, to make a really good Asuka, a girl has to be young enough to still look like a teenager and most women grow out of that by the time they're mature enough to be real relationship material.
>>
>>10784600
Yeah, besides that, I'm seeing a lot of drug use and alcohol abuse in the community lately, and that sort of shit just doesn't help.
>>
>>10784598
>>10784600
Asuka a shit. Any girl who cosplays asuka at any age isn't worth the trouble.
>>
File: images-w1400.png (615 KB, 960x720)
615 KB
615 KB PNG
>>10784557
I had a rei cosplayer that looked around 18 follow me for 2 hours last time I went to a con but I was really tired and didn't feel like interacting with her. I have zero muscles just a pretty face lol.
>>
>>10784617
lmao, poor girl was probably very autistic, kinda feel bad for her
>>
>>10784616
There lies the problem, I like tsundere girls.
>>
>>10784620
She seemed more socially avoidant and depressed to me, didn't have any autistic mannerisms. I get attention from girls due to being mildly attractive but I'm always too tired and depressed to nother with them.
>>
>>10784621
Tsundere isn't a real thing irl
If a girl is being a bitch it's either because she's a bitch or she doesn't like you
Asuka wasn't even a tsundere she genuinely hated shinji and didn't feel any affection for him (rebuilds excluded)
>>
>>10784624
>Tsundere isn't a real thing irl
Would you believe me if I told you that my first love was literally one?
>>
>>10784610
Yeah, alcohol was always around but it's stepped up, and the drug situation has definitely gone crazy, especially here in SoCal. Weed in particular really killed the con party scene for me and I don't even smoke the shit, it's just that the same friends I just to go party- and bar- hopping or have drunk antics around the cons with just get high and stay put now, usually in some depressing-ass room "party" with no single women and at most only a couple of new dudes that haven't been in the group for years.
>>
>>10784624
>Asuka wasn't even a tsundere she genuinely hated shinji and didn't feel any affection for him (rebuilds excluded)
What if I told you that she fell for him the moment they met but grew to hate him because he was absolutely oblivious to her advances and too focused on simping for Rei? Then instrumentality happens, she dies devoured by the MP Evas all the while hoping that he would show up to save her and not only that but sees the memory of him masturbating next to her comatose self. That shit would do a number on any girl's mind.
>>
>>10784626
Yeah, I was talking to a cosplayer a few days ago in a stream and it's quite frankly shocking the candeur with which they speak of just getting shitfaced all week long and munching on more edibles than Joe Rogan in one of his podcasts. I'm fully aware that I'm a very old fashioned guy but frankly I'm just tired of meeting new girls from the scene only to find out that they're druggies or booze fiends.
>>
>>10784610
>>10784626
>>10784630
>weed
>drug abuse
How old are you guys lol? I was shitfaced on coke, heroin, meth, ketamine, and pcp throughout AX. Obviously not all at the same time but lol.
>>
>>10784635
I'm 34.
>>
>>10784636
Bruh
You should be playing golf and doing barbecues with your children you're middle aged.
>>
>>10784637
Is the life expectancy in your country 40 yrs old?
>>
>>10784640
Metaphysically speaking you're dead at 60 since you become ugly no matter what.
>>
>>10784646
I mean, I supposed if I did as many drugs are the user above, I would probably not make it past my 40s anyways.
>>
>>10784635
get help for your mental health issues please
>>
>>10784646
Only if you're a woman
>>
>>10784656
I'm completely sane, unfortunately.
>>
>>10784635
36, and there's plenty of hard stuff around, I was just mentioning weed because it's the most common and the thing that does the most to ruin the fun.
>>
>>10784699
And why are you such an insufferable twat that you have to care what other people do?
>>
>>10784702
I literally said it in one of the posts you replied to, I care because my friends that I used to have fun with at cons just get stoned and sit on their asses now.
>>
>>10784707
Have you considered that they have shit lives because they're worthless retards so they have to dull their existence with drugs? Have you considered you're also a worthless piece of shit?
>>
>>10784708
>Stoner getting this defensive because someone doesn't prefer weed again

Why do you people always get so mad about it. It's like the weed becomes the basis of your personality lmao
>>
File: black girl.png (411 KB, 1318x1392)
411 KB
411 KB PNG
>>10784635
mate the after parties are super good when coke or molly or any other stim is involved.

Anon was shitting on weed because stoners are retarded, smell like shit and are completely not fun to be around with since they go negative IQ and don't want to do anything.
>>
>>10771455
but you have to be black. i don't know how to be black.
>>
>>10784944
just be all smiles
>>
consider getting a generic school girl uniform, soooo many characters you can do with one of those
>>
>>10787982
I read this and started thinking about all the school girl characters I know and they all have such drastically different uniform colour and style that it doesn't seem practical.
>>
>>10767436
Do you reuse cosplays?
>>
unironically how do I find an oversized polo like that lmao? Not even for cosplay just normal
Anyone got a zara or uniqlo link mayb?
>>
>>10784929
Where is the after party
>>
>>10767436
>>
>>10793776
Hit up big and tall clothing sites like Kingsize Direct and Casual Male.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.