[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 28 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Tumblr_l_1029602318488641.jpg (227 KB, 1542x1363)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
How do y'all unwind after a long day at a con?

I personally like to run a hot bath with maybe some epson salts and soak for a while.
>>
Usually I just go to the jacuzzi and soak my legs. Then just take it easy. But what I really need help on isn’t self care after cons, but before cons. Usually I get so excited/nervous before cons that I end up not being able to sleep. I’ll toss and turn in bed all night. Then I feel so tired at the con since I either got 0 hours or sleep or about 2-3 at most. I heard about taking melatonin but I’m kinda iffy about taking sleeping things like that. Just don’t know what to do anymore to keep me from staying up all night before an event.
>>
>>10763597
Melatonin is naturally produced in the body, so it's more like a vitamin than a straight up "drug". Hope this eases the anxiety about using one. Just do some research into it and see how you feel.
>>
>>10763654
NTA but I will say that being iffy about melatonin is valid, ot because ITS A DRUG, but if you have anxiety or depression it can cause night terrors and sleep paralysis.
>>
>>10763654
dopamine is also naturally produced by the body. you retarded?
>>
>>10763664
ive taken melatonin for like 10 years now. i have anxiety and depression but the melatonin helps me sleep. supposed to be good for ibs too
>>
>>10763538
My group will go out for some good food -- usually our favorite ramen spot because nothing hits better after a long day than hot soup in your belly. Then, I'll take a nice, hot, long shower. Then, I'll lather up my feet with a thick lotion, stick them in fuzzy socks, and elevate them to alleviate the pressure build-up from all of the walking. If I can manage my time well-enough before leaving to the con for the day, I like to clean up my room as much as I can so that I can come back and just flop on my bed. If I have to spend 10-15 minutes clearing my bed before relaxing, it kills the vibe.
>>
File: jdgi4kz2leg51.png (736 KB, 1334x750)
736 KB
736 KB PNG
>>10763597
I went without sleep one year for a con and it ruined the whole weekend. I can't imagine that being an issue every time you go. I hope you find a solution, anon. If you have to go baby mode and read a book before bed, no phone the hour before, tuck yourself in with music, warm milk/tea, and an eye-mask then do it.

I used to be really worried about melatonin too, but it's much easier on your body than an actual sleep aid. I feel like it just made natural sleep cycle feel a little more restful because I was able to fall asleep in 30 minutes instead of an hour. And the rest I got was deeper. As opposed to when I take nyquil for colds. That shit puts me out and god knows when I'll wake up lmao.
>>
>>10763654
Melatonin gives you crazy vivid dreams. I personally dislike it.
>>
>>10763664
Can confirm, had a horrific experience on melatonin. It’s fine now, because I’ve been medicated so long
>>
>>10763787
I love melatonin for this reason
>>
I just take a pill of zopiclone and black out. I have a prescription, of course.
>>
>>10763787
I find it's dose dependent, if I take less than 3mg I don't get the dreams
>>
>>10763538
Coffee and a sweet in the evening. Since I'm coked out on energy drinks during the day, coffee is a nice warm drink that helps me enjoy my evening. Besides that I like like to lay down and play puzzle games on my phone and do absolutely nothing of value for 30 minutes while my cat just lays on me. Very nice.
>>
>>10763538
Huge dinner with friends. I usually snack at the con rather than eating a lunch.

Talk about the day and the con and anime in general with friends during the dinner.

Get back to my hotel, rip off all of my cosplay, take a long shower with prestige brand shampoo/conditioners. Always BYOConditioner to the hotel, the in-house stuff is shit for detangling.

Eat snacks. Fruit cups. A hot mug of milk. Maybe post a few photos from the day. Go to sleep by 10 or 11pm like an old person and enjoy looking forward to the next day.
>>
>>10763817
I swap between melatonin/diphenhydramine as needed to help me sleep. I’ve had chronic insomnia since I was a kid, it sucks. Feeling exhausted and trying to sleep but just unable to.

When I’m trying to get sleep despite being anxious/excited/looking forward to something, I get my heated blanket, take my meds, have a mug of something warm and comforting, maybe ask my partner to rub my shoulders, and listen to chill music. It also helps to have a small snack an hour before bed to make sure you’re not kept up by hunger.
>>
>>10763538
>with maybe some epson salts
Why???
>>
>>10764777
NAYRT, but it's good for muscle aches, which is gonna help after a day of walking and possibly carrying heavy bags of merch or props.
>>
I went outside last week for more than 30m combined.
>>
>>10763901
Have you ever tried promethazine? I find it better for getting a longer sleep compared to diphenhydramine, but it does seem to have more hangover effect in the morning.
>>
>>10763664
melatonin is the most mild thing imaginable, and kek at someone recommending promethazine in this thread too

eat too much turkey on thanksgiving blam you have as much melatonin in your system as you should take for sleep (300 to 500 micrograms, NOT milligrams)
>>
>>10763538
Hot shower for my feet ad to remove make up.

Hot tea then pass TF out.
>>
These bad boys are a godsend if you want to relax after a long day.
>>
Head to the hotel room, get my stuff off and head to the hot tub. If our hotel doesn’t have one, just chill and watch Cartoon Network. Then reflect on the day, or if I am staying with someone, talk to my hotel mates about how the con was.
>>
>>10763538
Just coom.
>>
>>10763538
I like to just go to my hotel room and read manga in bed in my pajamas. Partying has become exhausting to me, so I prefer to just sleep refreshed and wake up early for more.
>>
>>10763538
Self care is just bullshit women created to justify not doing anything.
>>
>>10776232
>The concept of relaxing was made up by women.
Geniuses
>>
>>10776232
Enjoy looking like a ghoul
>>
>>10777439
I thought self care was supposed to make you feel better? The hobby of skincare and hygiene are its own effort and totally separate. I do those things for my own upkeep of my appearance but I wouldn't really call them "self care" since they aren't meditative or soothing to me.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.